Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #921  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It just happened to me again on another blog. Same website came up as distributing malware.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #922  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,104 Likes on 879 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
It just happened to me again on another blog. Same website came up as distributing malware.
Maybe it's you Nancy and not them.

I've been around to visit a bunch of blogs tonight and I've never seen that today or any other time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #923  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use Google Chrome instead of IE. It is Google Chrome warning me not to proceed to the blog.

The second time it happened I was looking at 3 blogs that one person maintains and one of the three the message popped up.

I'll go back and see if it pops up again and post what it looks like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #924  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is from Google Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/bi..._safe_browsing

I get the "somethings not right" message.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #925  
Quacker Stamper

I use Firefox. I tried Chrome one time, but it crashed my computer once so I quit using it. Maybe my anti-spyware keeps stuff like that from happening to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #926  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use Kaspersky Anit Virus but the Google Chrome alerts you to a potential problem before I get to the site.

I use Safari on my iMac. I use to use Firefox on it but it started to crash for no reason.

I have never downloaded either for a windows computer. I hate IE! It is so slllloooooooooowwwwwww.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #927  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't have an edit button on this thread now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #928  
Mini Quack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ladies, how was your holoiday week end ?? We had a family reunion on my husbands side, it was great to see so many that we rarely see... and then my oldest daughter and her baby came up for a sleep over, baby Faith is 8 months old and so much fun... Plus we had a new baby born into the family, my late husbands nice gave birth to her first, Dominic Randall...so it was a great week end for us

So I am behind as usual, but I just updated my blog... I hope you all can sneak over soon.It is late tonight, but first thing in the morning I will make my rounds on all of your blogs...

I see we have a new comer, I am excited to check her blog out...

good night, rest well ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #929  
Mini Quack

and as I promised I made my rounds today I think I even found some new ones I like by snooping around on your blogs... thanks again ladies for letting me be a part , and for inspiring me to get more structured and reach out too

hope you all have a great day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #930  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I use Kaspersky Anit Virus but the Google Chrome alerts you to a potential problem before I get to the site.

I use Safari on my iMac. I use to use Firefox on it but it started to crash for no reason.

I have never downloaded either for a windows computer. I hate IE! It is so slllloooooooooowwwwwww.
Isn't that strange that Chrome crashed my computer and Firefox crashed yours.

I was trying to pay my burglar alarm bill online yesterday and I couldn't get it to go through, so I called. Well, you can only use IE to pay that bill. None of the other providers will work. Luckily, we still have it on our computers, so I was able to do it, but it's a real pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #931  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I don't have an edit button on this thread now!
Weird. I still have mine. You should PM one of the mods and tell them. Maybe it's an individual thing and not for the whole thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #932  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni BView Post
Hi ladies, how was your holoiday week end ?? We had a family reunion on my husbands side, it was great to see so many that we rarely see... and then my oldest daughter and her baby came up for a sleep over, baby Faith is 8 months old and so much fun... Plus we had a new baby born into the family, my late husbands nice gave birth to her first, Dominic Randall...so it was a great week end for us

So I am behind as usual, but I just updated my blog... I hope you all can sneak over soon.It is late tonight, but first thing in the morning I will make my rounds on all of your blogs...

I see we have a new comer, I am excited to check her blog out...

good night, rest well ...
Hi Soni. I'm glad that the reunion went well. Wasn't sure since it was one of those "firsts" that can be so difficult, but I guess with all the excitement of the new baby, it made it very special.

Love the cards you put on your blog. It is so cool that you made each of the Mother's Day cards so personal to each of your DD's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #933  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Hey girls!
Just checking in. I'll be so happy when I can start posting to my blog again. Right now I've managed to catch the cold which Adrian had over the Memorial Day weekend while we were in OK. I did pick up a couple of new books to play with while we were gone. So I'll be playing with those and posting to the blog soon.

Looking for something different to use on your backgrounds... check out Creative Foundations by Vicki Boutin. Over 40 scrapbook and mixed-media techniques for backgrounds. They look like fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #934  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
Evening ladies.

Kelly.....Im a TEXAN thru and thru. Ive stopped by most of yall's blogs and left some love for ya . made 4 cards since yesterday. i thought i had that watermark thing all figured out . only i managed to forget how i got it work the first time. i also played with other features of paint.net . it is kinda cool. other than the out of sight out of mind feature that they have built in.

maggie thanks for the link for the challenges . truth is been sharing (computer)with the hubster and hadnt had a chance to get anywhere near it since yesterday evening. i'll head there shortly . hopefully i will have some that fit or there are some that are easy to make

If i havent got to your blog, please be patient i'll try to get it done sometime tonite

have a great rest of the day
brandy
I think I'm a Texan at heart... musically anyway. Check out my music blog and you'll see what I mean.. TheCountryAngel I've been dubbed 'the trusted on-line voice of Texas music' by the Texas Music Academy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #935  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymomView Post
Are there stlll spots open in this group? The title says three spots open but I wasn't sure if it had just not been updated. If so, I would love to join this group. I am a new blogger, but will be updating regularly. I am participating in a 100 cards in 100 days challenge and that was the push I needed to get moving on my blog. I published my first post on Friday and have over 20 posts now. I am still learning, so far, so good. I am open to any and all advice and suggestions!

Francie
Hi Francie. I'll try to catch up with Michelle tonight. I know she's been dealing with some stuff and not on-line much. In the mean time, consider yourself part of the group... Being physically added to the list is just a formality :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #936  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a good week! Hectic here as we are celebrating my daughter's birthday. She celebrates like I do -- multiple parties! The only way to do it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #937  
Stampin' Fool

Heart

hi y'all.

brenda i agree multiple bd parties. one the weekend before and one the weekend after .

I got my craft room pics loaded and made 2 cards that havent been posted yet . so if you get a chance come take a look

Y'all have a great weekend

I hope you'll be able to resolve your computer/browser issues

peace and blessings
brandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #938  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning girls.
The grandtoddler is still nasally congested this morning. I'm feeling better so we'll see how the day goes. I need to get pics off my memory card - 3 of which are cards so if she rests okay today then can get a blog post up. Yeah! If not, definitely back on track for Monday.

For you new gals, you can see pics of my studio in my gallery. They'll be near the back of the list I believe. It's not my dream space but it serves the purpose for now. It's 75 sq. feet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #939  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a good week! Hectic here as we are celebrating my daughter's birthday. She celebrates like I do -- multiple parties! The only way to do it! LOL
Multiple parties sounds like fun. Can get exhausting before the weekend is over though LOL Have fun! How old is she?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #940  
Glitter Guru

Hello all, happy Saturday! I think I have visited most of your blogs and I am going to add a group blog roll on my blog. Is there an up-to-date list of group members or should I just add people who posted on this thread in May? Also, I read through most of this thread and saw that there were challenges for this group. I don't know if this is ongoing, but I am doing an Inspirational Quote Challenge if anyone is interested. Here are the basic details:

This week I am going to choose a quote each day for an Inspiration Challenge. I will post the quote on my blog each evening and try to make the card the next day. I would love to have you guys join me in this mini challenge. If you do choose to take part, just let me know and I will link to your project on my blog.

Today�s quote is:

�Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.� Mother Teresa

More on this blog post, Inspirational Quote Challenge.

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #941  
Pearl-ExPert

I accidentally deleted my subscription to this thread! I thought I was clicking on "reading thread" in my e-mail. OOOPPPPS! I am back with ya now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #942  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymomView Post
Hello all, happy Saturday! I think I have visited most of your blogs and I am going to add a group blog roll on my blog. Is there an up-to-date list of group members or should I just add people who posted on this thread in May? Also, I read through most of this thread and saw that there were challenges for this group. I don't know if this is ongoing, but I am doing an Inspirational Quote Challenge if anyone is interested. Here are the basic details:

This week I am going to choose a quote each day for an Inspiration Challenge. I will post the quote on my blog each evening and try to make the card the next day. I would love to have you guys join me in this mini challenge. If you do choose to take part, just let me know and I will link to your project on my blog.

Today�s quote is:

�Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.� Mother Teresa

More on this blog post, Inspirational Quote Challenge.
I'll try to get an updated list posted this evening. I know Michelle's life really took an unexpected turn after she started this and it's set her back. She gets in when she can. Aside from co-caring for her grandmother with Alzheimer, her dad had a serious surgery (something to do with the brain if I remember correctly) that upset her world for quite a while. I can't imagine dealing with everything she's done in the past few months.

In the mean time, I'm trying to step in and fill the void as she and I've become close very quickly. It's a busy life for all of us. I know Michelle thanks you for your patience.

As to challenges, we had started them but there was very slim interest in participation so posting challenges seemed to slide. If there is an interest in keeping challenges, then I'm all for it. I'm also hoping to coordinate a Blog Hop this fall. If you guys think that is something you'd like to do, please let me know.

Off to feed the toddler then I'll come back and do the updated list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #943  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default PBU Blog Roll

Okay girls, this is what I've come up with. I've checked links. I've also contacted a couple of people who were either early members or asked about joining, as I don't know whether or not they were ever contacted.

Here's the Blog Roll as I've been able to piece it together. It may change over the next couple of days as I hear from people. Michelle's initial plan was to keep the group at 10-15. I think that's the perfect size and will leave it at 15. I'm hoping to hear from Michelle this week and see what she wants to do.

Right now I have an anxious 4 yr old wanting to do something that means not doing it by herself so I'm off. I'll check back later (sooner) :-)

Brandy
Ibalady12
ibalady's gallery blog

Brenda
Pinkdisneychick01
Disney Girl

Emily
EmzPrintDesigns
Emz Print Designs - Blog
Note: Not updated since April 5th

Francie
Fishymom
Inky Palms

Jackie
Hpyscrpr2
Kreate With Me 2

Kelly
Scrappinceo
KellySCreativeDreams

Martha
creatingisfun
Creating is Fun

Michelle
acreativechick
The Paper Dog

Maggie
mshoener
Maggie's Cat House

Nancy
nhagen
My Little Spot in the Universe

Pooja
Poojaw
pooja's creative corner

Soni
Soni B
Soni's Front Porch

Tess
Bradsmom06
Gettin my hands dirty...

Nicole
meeplelover
Coloring in Pajamas

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 06-05-2012 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: Updating list
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #944  
Glitter Guru

Thank you Kelly, I have everyone listed on my blog now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #945  
Pearl-ExPert

So I survived the birthday party weekend for my daughter. @ Kelly - it was exhausting! LOL but at least I have tonight and tomorrow to relax. She turned 11 years old. I remember that day like it was yesterday and as I did two months of bed rest in the hospital! It was a long two months in the hospital but she was worth it all. Needless to say she is an only child. LOL!!Also, thanks Kelly for the blog roll. I am going to attempt to add it to my blog. I will let you all know if I need pointers. I am off to give it a try. I am very excited to be part of this group. I already feel as if I have learned alot.@ Soni - I got your message and I will look into the e-mail issue. I will also try to message you back thru SplitCoast Stamper. Anyone know how I get a button that says Splitcoast stampers?

Last edited by pinkdisneychick01; 06-02-2012 at 05:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #946  
Stazon Splitcoast

The buttons are easy. It's an image and a link. I can get you through it after I get rid of this head cold. Maggie can also do it I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #947  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

I did it1 I have everyone listed on my blog. I have them in alphabetical order by blog name. I wasn't able to list any other names other than your blog. All the links work. :p I feel that I am a follower on everyone's blog either by e-mail or google, etc. @Jackie - when I go to your blog it tells me that I am a follower but you are still not showing up as I blog I follow on my list. I have no idea why this is. I did not have any trouble adding your blog to my side bar. Just know I am a follower.
@Kelly - thanks again for doing the blog roll. I feel like an "official" part of the group. :p I am definitely up for being a stop on a blog hop. I cannot wait for that!! Keep me posted on what you are thinking of doing and count me in.
@Brandy - How's the tooth? This should be a better weekend for you.
@ all of you - Hope everyone has a crafty kind of weekend:p and I look forward to getting to know you all and seeing all the neat stuff you are making. Take care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #948  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the link to get a SCS button for your blog:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #949  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the link. I will give it a try tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #950  
Glitter Guru

Brenda, I had trouble getting the SCS buttons to work. I use a Mac and photos didn't open like I am used to on a PC. Once I figured out how to save and upload the photo, I just added the link to it. I guess it is different for different blog sites, I am on Wordpress and just added an image widget to my sidebar, uploaded the SCS logo to it, then added the link to my gallery to it. Hope it works for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #951  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! @ Francie - I have had no luck with the SCS logo. I can create the link but cannot get the image to transfer. I am taking a break from it and will try again later. Anyone have any suggestions? I am using a PC and blogger. Thanks! Also thanks to all those that have me linked to their blog and are following mine. I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #952  
Stazon Splitcoast

When you are in blogger and you are in the layout mode click add a widget, then choose picture.

It is better to save the picture to your computer first then select to Image upload from your computer.

If you want to the picture to link back to SCS main page or your gallery then put the link where it says link (Title, Caption, Link). Then when they click on the picture it will take them to SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #953  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here to do my enabling best... I got a postcard in the mail from RubberStampEvents. They will be doing their expo in Collinsville IL Aug. 18/19th. Think you could go, Nancy?

Other midwest locations are:
KC Missouri - July 20/21
Bloomington MN July 28/29
Milwaukee WI - Sept. 22/23

If it's at the same venu as in the past (and I believe it is) there is a Super 8 and an Extended Stay directly across the street (no traffic so you can just walk across) There is a mexican restaurant and a Bob Evans (?) in driving distance (as in you can see both from the hotel area)

I'm hoping to attend the collinsville expo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #954  
Stazon Splitcoast

Collinsville is 5.5 hour drive away and that is the same weekend I have to move DD1 into her college dorm.

Milwaukee is a lot closer to me (1.5 hour).

I googled them but the website doesn't have a whole lot of info. They only list vendors for the Kansas City and Bloomington shows. A lot are going to be at the Bloomington show.

Last edited by nhagen; 06-03-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #955  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bummers. I was hoping it would be a meet and greet for the two of us :-( I'm planning on it and I think Soni is hoping to come down from the Peoria area. It's a little over 3 hours for me. I'm still determining whether I'll make it a one or two night stay. I don't like to drive down early enough to really enjoy the show, yet I don't want to spend all day walking around the show then face that 3 hour drive either. I've become such a wimp in my old age LOL Or spoiled. I'm not sure which.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #956  
Stazon Splitcoast

Where is DD going to college at?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #957  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Where is DD going to college at?
SIU Carbondale. She will be a sophomore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #958  
Quacker Stamper

Hi PBU gals! Sorry I 've been so MIA this weekend. It's been very busy and I don't have a lot of time right now. My kids are coming over for dinner in a little while so I have been busy cleaning up, getting some things organized, laundry, grocery shopping etc.! I had some things that I needed to get done for church today and that took a good chunk of my afternoon yesterday.

I'm making a couple things in the crockpots today, so that is helping a lot. We are celebrating my SIL's birthday coming up today since we won't be together again until July with their vacation and my vacation - just busy. I made a double batch of brownies last night and just made a fudgy frosting for it that I got from my DD. We love this recipe and will put it on just about anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #959  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Hey girls!
Just checking in. I'll be so happy when I can start posting to my blog again. Right now I've managed to catch the cold which Adrian had over the Memorial Day weekend while we were in OK. I did pick up a couple of new books to play with while we were gone. So I'll be playing with those and posting to the blog soon.

Looking for something different to use on your backgrounds... check out Creative Foundations by Vicki Boutin. Over 40 scrapbook and mixed-media techniques for backgrounds. They look like fun!
Hope you guys get to feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick anytime, but when you want to play and don't feel like it, it really sucks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #960  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Hope you all are having a fun weekend with all the partying going on!
Reply With Quote Likes