Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #3481  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't know how to do the link but in my gallery I have some of my craft sale items,did new clip boards I just put on I have a shot of my table from a few years ago if it would help. GOOD LUCK!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #3482  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbiejoView Post
Don't know how to do the link but in my gallery I have some of my craft sale items,did new clip boards I just put on I have a shot of my table from a few years ago if it would help. GOOD LUCK!!!
Here you go Barbiejo:
number 1 Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #3483  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENABLER ALERT!

Morning all!
Wanted to give you a head's up on a great deal on the mini gel pens for the post it note holders!

Found them yesterday at Staples on sale for $2.00 a box - 12 pens in a box. (They had black and colored ink too) That is the best price that I have EVER found on these! They were going quickly!

I will be selling these at my crafts fairs this year! Big sellers last year as well....
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-post-note-pens-pkg-3.jpg

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-post-note-pens-pkg-1.jpg

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-post-note-pens-pkg-2.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #3484  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

OMG these are too cute!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #3485  
Crimping Master

Default One more quick Item

These are the latest project that I have been making for my craft fairs this year. (Spring, Fall and Holidays) They are Magnetic Message Boards!

Attached to each board will be a decorated matching mini clothespin (magnet) holding 1/2 of a post it note pad, mini gel pen and a handmade (magnet) embellishment. These memo boards are approximately 5"x7". You could also skip the ribbon and just put more magnets on the back for inside a school locker!

The message board part is a 5x7 sheet of galvanized metal step flashing (roof shingles)! Very inexpensive to work with and I can use my "Corner Chomper" to round the corners! You have to sand the corners a little bit because they can get really sharp. You can see my embellishments in the right hand corner of each message board.

Still working on packaging for these....which has been a little tricky. I'm not really fond of ziploc bags but so far that is all I have found! Any suggestions?

There are a few more samples on my blog if you care to take a peek! I haven't had a chance to get the rest of the designs on my blog yet....
Thanks for looking!
Beth

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-100_4058.jpg

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-100_4083.jpg

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-100_4050.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #3486  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancinczView Post
I know this sounds stupid, but what is 'sole-proprietor'?
Not stupid..... I actually formed a legit business going to craft fairs and selling.... Sole-Proprietor - I am the only one who works for my business and generally you use your name as the business name.

I did the legit business because in NJ and NY, at any time, the state can show up at a fair and ask to see your tax license. If you do not have one, it's a $1000.00 fine and I didn't want that to happen to me. Plus, it really helps out your income tax, if like me, you have to pay in each year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #3487  
Polyshrink Goddess

[QUOTE=kaitysmom;16490425]These are the latest project that I have been making for my craft fairs this year. (Spring, Fall and Holidays) They are Magnetic Message Boards!

Attached to each board will be a decorated matching mini clothespin (magnet) holding 1/2 of a post it note pad, mini gel pen and a handmade (magnet) embellishment. These memo boards are approximately 5"x7". You could also skip the ribbon and just put more magnets on the back for inside a school locker!

The message board part is a 5x7 sheet of galvanized metal step flashing (roof shingles)! Very inexpensive to work with and I can use my "Corner Chomper" to round the corners! You have to sand the corners a little bit because they can get really sharp. You can see my embellishments in the right hand corner of each message board.

Still working on packaging for these....which has been a little tricky. I'm not really fond of ziploc bags but so far that is all I have found! Any suggestions?

There are a few more samples on my blog if you care to take a peek! I haven't had a chance to get the rest of the designs on my blog yet....
Thanks for looking!
Beth
QUOTE]

Beth,

Oh my goodness . . . those are absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for sharing and the link to the video in your blog was very helpful! Out of curiosity, what will you be charging for these at your show?

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #3488  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
What about the reseable clear/cello bags? I've found some on Etsy for a good price!

I love those message boards.

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #3489  
Rubber Obsessor

Double post

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #3490  
Rubber Obsessor

kaitysmom~ Do you do anything to the back of the message boards or leave them as is? Thanks for the Enabler alert about the mini gel pens at Staples. Ran and bought 5 packs

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #3491  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Beth,

Oh my goodness . . . those are absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for sharing and the link to the video in your blog was very helpful! Out of curiosity, what will you be charging for these at your show?

Good luck!
Hi there! Thanks so much! They are a lot of fun to make too! I think that I will try for $6.00 or 2 for $10.00. I have a couple shows within the next 2 months which I have done really well at in the past - mostly teacher gifts etc.
I will keep you posted on how they sell!

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #3492  
Crimping Master

[QUOTE=jenn21404;16494316]kaitysmom~ Do you do anything to the back

No...as of right now I am not doing anything to the back of them....
Glad you were able to get some of the pens! What a great deal! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #3493  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

These are the latest project that I have been making for my craft fairs this year. (Spring, Fall and Holidays) They are Magnetic Message Boards!

Thanks for looking!
Beth
These are SOOO adorable! I love them! You could put them in Retail handle bags. I bought a bunch for this fall for the craft shows, I am making a label for the front in Adobe Illustrator, and using my Nesties to cut it out, then gluing them on the front for a custom shopping bag. But you could get the 8x10 bags and then make a topper out of cardstock that matches your board. THey were really cheap, $3.10 for 100 of them. You could use the rest as shopping bags.

http://www.clearbags.com/bags/handle...il-handle-bags

Or you could get the 5x7 bags that are more like big clear envelopes. They are more expensive at $10 for 100 of them.

http://www.clearbags.com/bags/eco/ec...-bio-bags.html

There are also the no flap ones, you could just slip it in, put a topper on it, or something.

http://www.clearbags.com/crystal-cle...r-133x180.html

Anyways, love Clearbags.com they have so much cool packaging stuff. And I really love your boards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #3494  
Die Cut Diva

So cute!:p

Quote:

Morning all!
Wanted to give you a head's up on a great deal on the mini gel pens for the post it note holders!

Found them yesterday at Staples on sale for $2.00 a box - 12 pens in a box. (They had black and colored ink too) That is the best price that I have EVER found on these! They were going quickly!

I will be selling these at my crafts fairs this year! Big sellers last year as well....
Attachment 181829

Attachment 181830

Attachment 181831
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #3495  
Rubber Obsessor

I've never done a craft fair before but am really interested in it. When planning for a craft fair, how much "stuff" do people usually take? I'm wondering about how many cards I'd need to have before trying a sale or fair this fall. Also, are tables pretty much a standard size?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #3496  
Polyshrink Goddess

I usually have three tables - one 8' and two 6'. When doing an outside fair, I use a 10' x 10' tent and my tables fit inside this area. I suppose it would depend on what size booth space you rent as to what you would need.

As to how much "stuff" - my tables are always very full! I could use more space, but don't want to rent two spaces! You'll be surprised at how quickly you will fill them up. Once you decide how you want to place your tables, go ahead and place your items on the tables and play with it to get it to look the way you want. Take a few photos and then when you get to the craft fair, you can refer to your photos to remember where to place all your items!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #3497  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was SO excited to see these cute little magnetic boards that I stopped at Home Depot and got the flashing and went to town! They were turning out so cute when I realized that I bought aluminum flashing and they are not magnetic! Of course, I have 5 of them ready to go! LOL Any other suggestions on what to do with these five that aren't magnetic?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #3498  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
I was SO excited to see these cute little magnetic boards that I stopped at Home Depot and got the flashing and went to town! They were turning out so cute when I realized that I bought aluminum flashing and they are not magnetic! Of course, I have 5 of them ready to go! LOL Any other suggestions on what to do with these five that aren't magnetic?
Hi Kim,
Not sure what to do with the 5 you've already made, but how about making some other ones with chalkboard paint or as dry erase boards?
Actually, I think I read somewhere that you can use clear contact paper to make dry erase boards. If the one's you've already made don't have too busy of a pattern on them, maybe you could try this.
HTH

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #3499  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
This is so cool! After a little searching I found another brand called Opti-Rite Peel-n-Stick Dry Erase Wall Coverings. They had 50"x12" sheets for $18 for the repositionable and $19 for the permanent. You could get...what...40 or so 3x5 frames out of that? That makes it really cost effective especially for selling at craft fairs.

Thanks for posting this - TOO COOL! Really excited to get some and try it out.
When I made mine I did the writing right on the plastic frame. It wipes off just like the dry erase covering and so inexpensive. Just a thought.
"but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind...I press on toward the the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13b-14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #3500  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm new to craft fairs and have a question for you experienced vendors. I make a lot of different types of these paper crafts and some other items as well. I'm not sure how many different items I should have out on my table. I either do inside fairs with (1) 6' table or I do an outside booth with (2) 6' tables and a 3 shelf bookcase, usually 10x10 space. How many different craft items do you think does well on a table? I don't want the table to look cluttered and I don't want it to looked picked out either. I've been struggling with this at my first three fairs I have done.

For instance, I make bookmarks, coasters, magnets, pens, post it note holders, mini scrapbooks, altered containers, bath salts, Hershey nugget bags, Mini treat and favor bags(about 4 different items for these) Coffee Jars, Dry Erase Boards, Tags and a few other items I can't think of right now. Do you think that too many different craft items of this sort on a table at one time makes people just walk away?

I did fairly well at my first three fairs, considering the traffic wasn't that great. I have played around with vertical shelving but would like some experienced vendors input. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any questions you can help me with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #3501  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm new to craft fairs and have a question for you experienced vendors. I make a lot of different types of these paper crafts and some other items as well. I'm not sure how many different items I should have out on my table. I either do inside fairs with (1) 6' table or I do an outside booth with (2) 6' tables and a 3 shelf bookcase, usually 10x10 space. How many different craft items do you think does well on a table? I don't want the table to look cluttered and I don't want it to looked picked out either. I've been struggling with this at my first three fairs I have done.

For instance, I make bookmarks, coasters, magnets, pens, post it note holders, mini scrapbooks, altered containers, bath salts, Hershey nugget bags, Mini treat and favor bags(about 4 different items for these) Coffee Jars, Dry Erase Boards, Tags and a few other items I can't think of right now. Do you think that too many different craft items of this sort on a table at one time makes people just walk away?

I did fairly well at my first three fairs, considering the traffic wasn't that great. I have played around with vertical shelving but would like some experienced vendors input. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any questions you can help me with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #3502  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferlynView Post

Hi, If you have some shelving or plant stands that you could put things in baskets, that might be a way to get more space out of your 6' table. I sell quite a few different things as well and now need a 6' table and a smaller 4' to make a L shaped booth. It's hard because too crowded people might get overwhelmed but too sparse and people don't think you've got anything worth looking at! LOL In my gallery I've got some pictures of various shows that I've done, take a look. I pick up things like plant stands at garage sales for a couple of dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #3503  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Craft Fair Items

I'm hoping some of you ladies can help me...
I've done craft fairs for many years and have been very successful at it. Here's my problem: I won't be able to do any this year and still have plenty of stock leftover. Is it legal for me to sell those completed items here on SCS? I wasn't sure of the rules, and since I have so much stuff, I'd rather sell it to someone/some people that could resell it for a profit.

Thanks in advance,
Tiffany
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #3504  
Stazon Splitcoast

subbing for ideas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #3505  
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
I know there is magnetic paint out there. I wonder if you paint the back with magnetic paint, if that would work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #3506  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddewingView Post
Hi, If you have some shelving or plant stands that you could put things in baskets, that might be a way to get more space out of your 6' table. I sell quite a few different things as well and now need a 6' table and a smaller 4' to make a L shaped booth. It's hard because too crowded people might get overwhelmed but too sparse and people don't think you've got anything worth looking at! LOL In my gallery I've got some pictures of various shows that I've done, take a look. I pick up things like plant stands at garage sales for a couple of dollars.

Thank you, I took a look at your gallery. I have some baskets. and a shelf but I think I will check out some yardsales for some more. I only had one shelf but I see you use more than one, that might just be my ticket. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #3507  
Matboard Maniac

Hello, I have a quick question for all you craft fair crafters... ;) I was wondering how far in advance you prepare food type items for sale? Obviously I know I can make paper crafts as far in advance as possible, but what about things like covered peppermint patties or Grinch pills? I was thinking I could make those about two months in advance and the candy would still stay fresh??? Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #3508  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Obviously I know I can make paper crafts as far in advance as possible, but what about things like covered peppermint patties or Grinch pills? I was thinking I could make those about two months in advance and the candy would still stay fresh??? Thanks for your input!
I work for a Pharma company (work with the FDA - food & drug administration). I would suggest you look on the bag of candy you buy. Each food item has a last "sell date" on it. That can be a year from now (if you buy something in a place with a lot of turn-around like CostCo or BJ's) or it can be as little as a month if you buy it from some small store where their candy doesn't sell as quickly. In any case, you would be safe selling anything up to the sell date AND the candy itself (once purchased) is good for at least a year after that according to the FDA. Since I usally buy from the big stores to get the candy cheaper, I an make them and keep them for months and months. Please note that places like Dollar Stores, Big Lots, etc often get items just as they are about to expire for sale. That is why they can sell them VERY cheap. I suggest that you not buy food items from places like that unless you are going t use them right away.
~Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #3509  
Matboard Maniac

Very helpful information, Louise, THANK YOU!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #3510  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Very helpful information, Louise, THANK YOU!!
You are most welcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #3511  
Rubber Obsessor

I've been asked to participate in a craft sale for an Adminstrative Assistants Conference next week, given by our Superintendent's Administrative Assistant. I thought I would make some of the cute post-it note holders, covered mini-composition books, bookmarks, "color me" cards w/eight crayons and small candles. Unfortunately, I have no clue what to charge...would you all mind sharing what you've charged for similar items.
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #3512  
Crimping Master

The post it note holders (the acrylic kind) I charge 4, 6 and 8 depending on the size....mini comp books, $1.00, bookmarks $1.00 and color cards $5.00 with crayons. I live in buffalo ny and that seems to be what i can get for things. I take the cost of the supplies and double it in most cases...the color me cards are a little different because you have to think about how much a parent is willing to spend on something for a kid. hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #3513  
Rubber Obsessor

Default thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftsrlbView Post
The post it note holders (the acrylic kind) I charge 4, 6 and 8 depending on the size....mini comp books, $1.00, bookmarks $1.00 and color cards $5.00 with crayons. I live in buffalo ny and that seems to be what i can get for things. I take the cost of the supplies and double it in most cases...the color me cards are a little different because you have to think about how much a parent is willing to spend on something for a kid. hope this helps

thank you..this is very helpful. I really had no clue where to start.
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #3514  
Die Cut Diva

Default :?: Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftsrlbView Post
The post it note holders (the acrylic kind) I charge 4, 6 and 8 depending on the size....
How much do people charge for the 3x3 post it (purse size/type) with a card stock cover? I make a lot of these for friends. Just curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #3515  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
How much do people charge for the 3x3 post it (purse size/type) with a card stock cover? I make a lot of these for friends. Just curious.
Depending on the amount of stamping/material (embellishments) I charge $3-$4.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #3516  
Kookie Creator

subbing since there is sooooo much amazing advice on this thread! Thanks to all the ladies who have shared!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #3517  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Depending on the amount of stamping/material (embellishments) I charge $3-$4.
Thanks. I've been selling them for $2.50 but I don't cello them. I think I am going to start doing that though. They will stay clean and look much nicer. Also went to your gallery. NICE! Could you also let me know what those Count Down to Christmas items are made of and do you have closer picture of them? I am trying to come up with some ideas for Nov fairs already.
~Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #3518  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks. I've been selling them for $2.50 but I don't cello them. I think I am going to start doing that though. They will stay clean and look much nicer. Also went to your gallery. NICE! Could you also let me know what those Count Down to Christmas items are made of and do you have closer picture of them? I am trying to come up with some ideas for Nov fairs already.
~Blessings
Hi Louise!

Thanks. For the sign it used (all SU) basic black, whisper white, and real red cardstock, The Jolliest Time of Year stamp set and the scallop punch. I can give you dimentions this evening when I get home. I bought a container of the puffed peppermint candies from Walmart- they came individually wrapped and I used the sticky tape (red tape) to hold them together, I then tied a ribbon between each one. I do have some close up pictures I can send you this evening as well! Hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #3519  
Die Cut Diva

Default Need Everyone's Opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Hi Louise! Thanks. For the sign it used (all SU) basic black, whisper white, and real red cardstock, The Jolliest Time of Year stamp set and the scallop punch. I can give you dimentions this evening when I get home. I bought a container of the puffed peppermint candies from Walmart- they came individually wrapped and I used the sticky tape (red tape) to hold them together, I then tied a ribbon between each one. I do have some close up pictures I can send you this evening as well! Hope that helps.
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the close up.

I come from a German background and we always celebrated the days of Advent with small trinkets and chocolates. I've actually been trying to come up with some way to link the sour cream container type things to make an advent chain of sorts. That way you could put all sorts of little things (not just peppermints) inside and make one that is geared toward boys (two or three pieces of lego, a matchbox car) and an other for girls (hair ties, jewelry toys). Both could have small erasers, chunky crayons, chocolates, peppermints, etc too. What do you guys think of this idea??? All opinions welcome. If you don't think this would sell - please feel free to say so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #3520  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the close up.

I come from a German background and we always celebrated the days of Advent with small trinkets and chocolates. I've actually been trying to come up with some way to link the sour cream container type things to make an advent chain of sorts. That way you could put all sorts of little things (not just peppermints) inside and make one that is geared toward boys (two or three pieces of lego, a matchbox car) and an other for girls (hair ties, jewelry toys). Both could have small erasers, chunky crayons, chocolates, peppermints, etc too. What do you guys think of this idea??? All opinions welcome. If you don't think this would sell - please feel free to say so.
I think it is a great idea! I would have sold about 8-10 more of the advent santa's if I had used something besides peppermint (parents kept telling me their kids didnt like it). My little boy actually picked out the flavor (but I guess he is the exception!) I will definately have to keep that in mind!

Reply With Quote Likes