Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #4161  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. my digital camera is on the fritz and my hubby is getting me a new one today, so I can post pictures of my items. I did my first show December 12th, and I thought it was too close to Christmas. There were a lot of lookers and runners and I did not have a variety of items. I found this forum after that show and made a lot of these items listed.

I have vended at approx. 15 shows since February. I have made my table back each time and maybe about $10.00-$40.00 over table fee. My goal was to give it 1 year and then decide which shows I would go back to. It hasn't been a year, but I did get discouraged and my hubby doesn't even want to go anymore.

My big seller is the Tile Coasters.... I have sold at least one set at each fair I've done. The items under $5.00 rarely sell and I haven't sold any beaded pens yet.

I do have a lot of shows booked for this fall so I'm hoping it does better. If so, I may just stick to fall/winter fairs instead.

I will put pictures up this week and encourage any comments/help you guys can give me on my set up and items. Thanks again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #4162  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsalamonView Post
So I've got another question...

I just found out about a street fair happening next month and the price is right so I plan on signing up. Since the holidays are still a few months out, what kinds of "themed" items would you sell? Is it too early for teacher gifts? Would you still do some holiday things or just keep it at generic-themed items?

Thanks for your help
I would do a welcome back teacher theme maybe? I saw some cute things on a digital website that could be used to make a small teacher gift basket...1-2 covered binder clips, post-it note covers, crayon box (if the teacher is a lower grade teacher), a card/envelope, and a pencil box...all made out of the same dsp and packaged super cute...could be a great little gift. I am doing a craft fair in early Sept and I have been making Halloween things like crazy...they do really well according to a few other crafters inthe area, but I am also going to make things that cost under $5...I find that those things could really sell very well (besides that is what I am always looking for when I go to craft fairs)...I will have a few Thanksgiving/X-mas things ready but I am also posting a sign of where I will be in the next few months...and I always have business cards galore...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #4163  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
DHB1281 - that's a GREAT price. What was the name of the drug store? Or is it a local one? Thx!
Discount Drug Mart is the name of the store. I do not know how wide spread they are. Maybe you could google them. The store by me only had 12 packs left in their back to school isle and I bought all of them and will check back this week for more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #4164  
Kookie Creator

I've found that if the weather is colder my shows do much better. People are certainly more interested in holidays and buying Christmas if it's cold and snowy compared to hot and sunny. I don't even do spring or summer shows anymore. Most of mine are in mid to late October and into mid November. Later into December is too late I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #4165  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

i think the display has to thought out. eyecatching. try holiday tablecloths. check 2nd hand stores for some.
don't over load your table. if it's too crowded people "think your stuff isn't selling". put out a few of each item. store the rest under the table. pull out if someone in inerested and looks around.
if possisble i like to have christmas music playing very low. just getting people excited-thinking of the holidays.
also do things for kids/students/teachers in school colors. they sell better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #4166  
Insane Embellisher

Too bad we don't have Discount Drug Mart here in NC. I wonder if I can get my hubby, who is in OH visiting relatives, to pick some up for me? I will have to see if that is possible.

Thanks for enabling!

Pat
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
That's the size of mine. That's a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #4167  
Matboard Maniac

Not sure if Walgreens is just a local drug store, but they have a coupon in their ad (also avail online) for mini composition books for $.19 limit 3, but since I work right across the street I can make several trips to stock up!!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #4168  
Insane Embellisher

I made my first 12 post-it note holders this weekend. I think they turned out really cute and they were very easy once I got the hang of it. As I mentioned before, I created a template for my Silhouette to cut and score them, so that part is very fast.

I need to buy a bunch more post-its. I got some from Dollar General at $.25 each but they are only in turquoise and gray. Has anyone found them anywhere else for a good price?

Also, I got the mini-gel pens from Staples for $4.99 for a pack of 12. Is that a good price or is there a better place to get them?

Thanks!

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #4169  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
i think the display has to thought out. eyecatching. try holiday tablecloths. check 2nd hand stores for some.
don't over load your table. if it's too crowded people "think your stuff isn't selling". put out a few of each item. store the rest under the table. pull out if someone in inerested and looks around.
if possisble i like to have christmas music playing very low. just getting people excited-thinking of the holidays.
also do things for kids/students/teachers in school colors. they sell better.
Hmm...think curb appeal but for your table.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #4170  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy52974View Post
Lisa,
I'm in Ohio too! Central Ohio...What about you?
Hey! I grew up in Gahanna and move to Columbus after I graduated from OSU!

Good to see some other Buckeyes on SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #4171  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscrapView Post
I made my first 12 post-it note holders this weekend. I think they turned out really cute and they were very easy once I got the hang of it. As I mentioned before, I created a template for my Silhouette to cut and score them, so that part is very fast.

I need to buy a bunch more post-its. I got some from Dollar General at $.25 each but they are only in turquoise and gray. Has anyone found them anywhere else for a good price?

Also, I got the mini-gel pens from Staples for $4.99 for a pack of 12. Is that a good price or is there a better place to get them?

Thanks!

Pat
I found the Post It Notes at Staples 12 for 5.00 last week, but they seem to have them on sale every couple of weeks. They also have the mini gels pens on sale for 2.00 periodically....( am there about once a week for supplies) Maybe with all of the back to school stuff going out they will be having the sales more often now?

I have also purchased Post It Notes (12/pk.) at Target for a little over 5.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #4172  
Matboard Maniac

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #4173  
Insane Embellisher

Well I've finally decided to go ahead and work on my first craft sale. It's not until Oct. and I have plenty of stock...but at this point...I'm just going to keep going. I've been working on these cute little post it note holderscraft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-100_3035.jpg and now I'm working on the comp books. With all the stores listed here...I don't have hardly any of them. I do however have walgreens...but our local coupons say 69� not 19�...so that's a bit of a bummer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Not sure if Walgreens is just a local drug store, but they have a coupon in their ad (also avail online) for mini composition books for $.19 limit 3, but since I work right across the street I can make several trips to stock up!!
I found an off brand of sticky notes at walmart 12 for $4.50approx. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not.

As for the pens...I'm not sure I'm going to include them at this point. That just seems like one more expense upfront. If the holders I'm working on are going ok...then I'll set some money aside for pens. Right now I'm just working on not buying anything new...I've even raided my scrap stash. to keep from buying more paper. I'm working on an almost no salery and I really want to be able to put a little more back into my pocket. I worked on a couple of journals that I'll post to my galery later next week...very nice. I used lt. wt. chipboard for the covers (the backing that comes in some paper packs) and used heavy cardstock to really make it feelstable. I took tons of scraps of light colored paper and cut them all down for the pages. They are 4"x6" with about 40pgs each. I've stamped some inspirational saying on some of the pages through the journals. Hubby has the camera and he's gone for a few days. I'll be leaving tuesday for Valley Forge (I'm working with The Rubber Cafe for a scrapbook convention) but when I get back I'll take several pics of all the goodies and post. Happy Stamping and thanks for letting me share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #4174  
Stampin' Fool

Lisa, Your little purse post it note holder are super CUTE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #4175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

lisa i use golf pecils. my dh drills a hole near the top. one word of caution-use dark thread/fiber. as the lead will mess up light colored thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #4176  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnsk8rView Post
Well I've finally decided to go ahead and work on my first craft sale. It's not until Oct. and I have plenty of stock...but at this point...I'm just going to keep going. I've been working on these cute little post it note holdersAttachment 191530 and now I'm working on the comp books. With all the stores listed here...I don't have hardly any of them. I do however have walgreens...but our local coupons say 69� not 19�...so that's a bit of a bummer.

I found an off brand of sticky notes at walmart 12 for $4.50approx. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not.

As for the pens...I'm not sure I'm going to include them at this point. That just seems like one more expense upfront. If the holders I'm working on are going ok...then I'll set some money aside for pens. Right now I'm just working on not buying anything new...I've even raided my scrap stash. to keep from buying more paper. I'm working on an almost no salery and I really want to be able to put a little more back into my pocket. I worked on a couple of journals that I'll post to my galery later next week...very nice. I used lt. wt. chipboard for the covers (the backing that comes in some paper packs) and used heavy cardstock to really make it feelstable. I took tons of scraps of light colored paper and cut them all down for the pages. They are 4"x6" with about 40pgs each. I've stamped some inspirational saying on some of the pages through the journals. Hubby has the camera and he's gone for a few days. I'll be leaving tuesday for Valley Forge (I'm working with The Rubber Cafe for a scrapbook convention) but when I get back I'll take several pics of all the goodies and post. Happy Stamping and thanks for letting me share.
Your post it note holders are adorable, good job! And our walgreens has the comp books for 69 cents too, but I found them (from a tip on this thread) at Dollar General for 3 for $1, so I bought them out. I still need 100 more post it notes so trying to find an awesome deal on those. I got the mechanical pencils 3 for 50 cents at DG too, so I bought everything they had of those! They came in a pack of pink/purple/blue and those are exactly the colors of my stuff so it worked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #4177  
Insane Embellisher

Your post-it holders are so cute! I don't think with this style of holder that you really need to include a pen. Where would you put it?

Pat

Quote:

As for the pens...I'm not sure I'm going to include them at this point. That just seems like one more expense upfront. If the holders I'm working on are going ok...then I'll set some money aside for pens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #4178  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
I found them (from a tip on this thread) at Dollar General for 3 for $1
I'm in San Diego...I think we're the last to get anything. We have no Dollar General...sounds like they have good prices though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #4179  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferlynView Post
I just got home from a craft fair. Before I decided to do craft fairs, I really did my homework. May table is set up beautifully. I have flipped and flopped items so that they look their best. I have made pretty many of the items on here that "sell" My problem is, I make back my table fee and maybe $10.00 more. I see a lot of "runners" who go up the middle isle and do not come near the entrance of my booth let alone in it. I here a lot of, That's so cute! Wow, I can make that. Wow you are so creative.... although these comments sound great, they are not sealing the deal and making the sale. Is it the economy that has everyone not opening up there pocketbooks? I see many other booths with way more expensive items in them and these people are flocking to them. Maybe it's just Jersey? Who knows. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I'm very frustrated. I put a lot of time and effort into my crafts. Are fall shows better than spring and summer? Has anyone tried street fairs? I'm ready to dump my stuff in the trash. Please help.

Put a nicely printed sign on your table that says...Thanks for your compliments...I know you can probably make one, but will you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #4180  
Glitter Queen

Default Table Set up

My hints for setting up for craft show are use a BLACK sheet for a table cloth especially if your items vary in colors. Things stand out more against the black and you don't have to worry about things getting lost in the color of the table. Black sheets can be found very inexpensive at Walmart ($4.00 for a twin sheet). Make sure to make signs with prices that are easily read. Believe it or not most people won't ask the price of things unless they are REALLY interested in buying the item. I use the colors of the holiday, example: Halloween, I use black tent signs with prices written on white card mounted on either orange, purple or neon green and then mounted on the black tent. Christmas, use red, green on white or darker green or red tent. Play with the colors and see what you like best. I also try to dress up the table by sprinkling shaped confetti on the table. I either buy a package or make my own using a punch and make shapes to go along with the holiday. For St. Patrick's Day I used store bought metallic shamrocks, Christmas I made Xmas Trees and Snowflakes, Halloween I used Pumpkins. I also had the little metallic centerpieces that went with the holidays that I bought at Dollar Tree. since making these changes to our table I've sold A LOT more items that way! Last year at our WORST show of the season I sold $200+ of just my table items by having my table set up this way and I increased my sales of table items at all my other shows too. We seen a BIG increase in sales after I made these changes and we've been doing craft shows for 20+ years. I'll have to check to see if I have any pictures of our set up and post them. We don't have our first show until Oct. 2nd (trying two shows in one day here too on that day) and have five after them, but I'm organizing and getting ready to start making our items for this fall. I'll post pictures as I finish them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #4181  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyfaces4View Post
My hints for setting up for craft show are use a BLACK sheet for a table cloth especially if your items vary in colors. Things stand out more against the black and you don't have to worry about things getting lost in the color of the table. Black sheets can be found very inexpensive at Walmart ($4.00 for a twin sheet). Make sure to make signs with prices that are easily read. Believe it or not most people won't ask the price of things unless they are REALLY interested in buying the item. I use the colors of the holiday, example: Halloween, I use black tent signs with prices written on white card mounted on either orange, purple or neon green and then mounted on the black tent. Christmas, use red, green on white or darker green or red tent. Play with the colors and see what you like best. I also try to dress up the table by sprinkling shaped confetti on the table. I either buy a package or make my own using a punch and make shapes to go along with the holiday. For St. Patrick's Day I used store bought metallic shamrocks, Christmas I made Xmas Trees and Snowflakes, Halloween I used Pumpkins. I also had the little metallic centerpieces that went with the holidays that I bought at Dollar Tree. since making these changes to our table I've sold A LOT more items that way! Last year at our WORST show of the season I sold $200+ of just my table items by having my table set up this way and I increased my sales of table items at all my other shows too. We seen a BIG increase in sales after I made these changes and we've been doing craft shows for 20+ years. I'll have to check to see if I have any pictures of our set up and post them. We don't have our first show until Oct. 2nd (trying two shows in one day here too on that day) and have five after them, but I'm organizing and getting ready to start making our items for this fall. I'll post pictures as I finish them.
These are fabulous ideas and suggestions!! I love the metallic/glitter shapes sprinkled on the table. Especially on a black background. I bet your table looks gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #4182  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy52974View Post
Lisa,
I'm in Ohio too! Central Ohio...What about you?
Cool! I am in Elyria - Northeast Ohio.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #4183  
Matboard Maniac

What seems to sell better at say a November craft fair; Christmas themed items or items that can be used all year round? I have been working on items that I would like to take to my first craft fair and I am a person that would rather receive a gift that can be used all year long rather then just for the holidays, so I have been making items based on that. I am wondering though what your thoughts are on holidya themed items. Is it better to have 1/2 and 1/2 or 3/4 everday items and 1/4 holidya themed items? I just don't want stuck with a lot of holiday themed items if they don't sell, but want to be sure and offer things that shoppers will be interested in.

Yesterday I made some magnetic note frames, I have pics in my gallery and on my blog, I am planning on making more but am wondering if I should do some holiday themed ones as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #4184  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I'm in San Diego...I think we're the last to get anything. We have no Dollar General...sounds like they have good prices though.
Lisa,

I live in Ventura County, but I'm visiting family in Mississippi wher Dollar General's abound. Maybe you need to take a vacation to a "Dollar General State".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #4185  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
Discount Drug Mart is the name of the store. I do not know how wide spread they are. Maybe you could google them. The store by me only had 12 packs left in their back to school isle and I bought all of them and will check back this week for more.
Thanks for the tip! I have been searching for a good price on these and DDM is right down the street! Also my SS works there so I may be able to get an even bigger discount!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #4186  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Keeping track of sales

Question - how do you keep track of what you have sold? I tried doing sales receipts but when it is busy, its hard to write everything down. I've also tried figuring it out from an inventory perspective like I have 20 bookmarks at the beginning and only have 10 left at the end. What seems to work well?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #4187  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by paris062View Post
I've also tried figuring it out from an inventory perspective like I have 20 bookmarks at the beginning and only have 10 left at the end. What seems to work well?
I do this, It worked well for me last time. I put it all down on the computer as I was packing it and then when I came home a day or two later I counted it out and added that to the computer. It works well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #4188  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
Here is another place that you can try....not sure if they give a discount on larger qtys or not, but they do carry the 1x8 bags. Update - placed an order for 10 packs of 100 for 30.00 - shipping was 11.50 for KY. But it did say that they give shipping discounts for orders over 40.00 so this may be your best bet for really large qtys.
Thanks for the update. I ordered $60.00 and shipping was about 8.00 to Jersey. Also did a web search for a coupon code and saved an other 5%. Not much, I know, but hey - it's 5% in my pocket. :cool: I love SCS. So many excellent ideas and everyone helps everyone else. Its a nice place to hang-out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #4189  
Insane Embellisher

Default Staples and Walgreens Deals

I went to Staples today at lunch looking for more of the mini gel pens. They were not on sale but they did have reams of printer paper for $.01 after rebate. They also had the large comp books for $.50.

I also went to Walgreens to get the mini comp books for $.19. I wish they had no limit, but I will just go back a few more times. They are not as sturdy as the ones from Dollar General, but they will be fine.

Walgreens had 12 packs of 3" x 3" Highland brand Post-it notes on sale for $3.99. They were packs of assorted pastels: pink, yellow, blue and green (I think). That was the best deal I have been able to find.

I hope this helps!

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #4190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wal-mart also have the large comp notebooks for .50. Thanks, Pat, for telling us about the minis at Walgreens.
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #4191  
Stazon Splitcoast

What are your favorite things to sell at a craft sale in early fall?
Gourmet Play Food Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #4192  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks everyone, for your hints to set up this coming weekend. I am taking a break right now from getting things ready and thought I would check in on here!

Question--for those of you who use the golf pencils for post it note holders-do they stay in and not slip out? And, where do you find them? TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #4193  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscrapView Post
I went to Staples today at lunch looking for more of the mini gel pens. They were not on sale but they did have reams of printer paper for $.01 after rebate. They also had the large comp books for $.50.

I also went to Walgreens to get the mini comp books for $.19. I wish they had no limit, but I will just go back a few more times. They are not as sturdy as the ones from Dollar General, but they will be fine.

Walgreens had 12 packs of 3" x 3" Highland brand Post-it notes on sale for $3.99. They were packs of assorted pastels: pink, yellow, blue and green (I think). That was the best deal I have been able to find.

I hope this helps!

Pat
The Walmart here in south Mississippi still has the large composition books for 25�.

I agree about the mini books at Walgreens, I don't like them as much. The paper is a gray/blue and is thinner. I bought 6 of them with the help of my three year old daughter yesterday, but I think I'll use the Dollar General and Big Lots ones for the rest of the ones I'm doing. I also really like the ones that Target sells in a two pack for 99�. They are more of a true mini version of the larger ones.

I plan on selling my mini ones for $3, without a pen. I'll try to post pictures of what they look like. I hope they sell!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #4194  
Die Cut Diva

I'm going to try my hand at comp books this weekend. In the past I've altered small wirebound books ($1. from Michaels) and they sell exceptionally well for $6.00. They are hard cover - sort of journal types. I figure this will add variety to my table. Thanks for all the great ideas you've been sharing. There is a wealth of creativity here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #4195  
Hardware Hotshot

I actually ended up driving to Maine on Saturday just for the composition books at Walmart. lol The customs guy said "And the purpose of your visit?" So I tell him I'm going to Walmart and he says, "Maam, do you mind me asking why you would drive an hour and a half to go to Walmart? What do we have that you don't?" And I told him about the composition books. He got a good laugh out of it. And said he was going to call his wife and tell her. Ha ha! Of course I bought lots of other things while I was there. The price on the comp books here in Canada was at least $1.50, so I saved a lot of money even when I factored in my gas to get there.

Friday evening I spent my time making coasters. I have two sets done so far. I just wanted to make a couple and get some opinions. I had the picture with me at work today and already have four orders so it was worth it. The coasters might not make it to the craft shows at all. I'm attaching a pic. I'm selling them for $20 for the set of four. Not a bad return on investment since I got them on clearance for 15 cents each. So total for a set of four with little rubber bumpers on the bottom ended up costing me about 75 cents per set. I plan on putting them in a cello bag from M's and then wrapping with a pretty ribbon. I'll include a business card in the bottom of the bag.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-coasters.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #4196  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsrussView Post
I actually ended up driving to Maine on Saturday just for the composition books at Walmart. lol The customs guy said "And the purpose of your visit?" So I tell him I'm going to Walmart and he says, "Maam, do you mind me asking why you would drive an hour and a half to go to Walmart? What do we have that you don't?" And I told him about the composition books. He got a good laugh out of it. And said he was going to call his wife and tell her. Ha ha! Of course I bought lots of other things while I was there. The price on the comp books here in Canada was at least $1.50, so I saved a lot of money even when I factored in my gas to get there.

Friday evening I spent my time making coasters. I have two sets done so far. I just wanted to make a couple and get some opinions. I had the picture with me at work today and already have four orders so it was worth it. The coasters might not make it to the craft shows at all. I'm attaching a pic. I'm selling them for $20 for the set of four. Not a bad return on investment since I got them on clearance for 15 cents each. So total for a set of four with little rubber bumpers on the bottom ended up costing me about 75 cents per set. I plan on putting them in a cello bag from M's and then wrapping with a pretty ribbon. I'll include a business card in the bottom of the bag.

great item and fantastic profit!! isn't it nice when your art is so appreciated?

(i'm thinking pedicure with the profits, lol)...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #4197  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Your coaster is very pretty; I really like it. I'm glad your trip to Walmart was productive, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #4198  
Die Cut Diva

I spread the word at work and have been scrounging Walgreen's coupons from co-workers. I pass one on the way home and since I can only pick up 3 each time with the coupon at $.19 each I'm stopping everyday to pick up a batch.:p TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #4199  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Your coasters are beautiful! Well done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #4200  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Your coasters are gorgeous!!!
Reply With Quote Likes