Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #3561  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCarterView Post
Love this idea. I recently did my first craft fair table and was quite successful with my gift card holder, premade cards, and post-it note holders. I was a small event and I had several asking if I would be at the one in November which gets more traffic. So I may do that. Would you mind sharing the price you charged for the fill it yourself bags for? How many in a pack? etc.
I did 8 in a pack for $5, but I did some custom ordered for Easter and upped my price to $6 per 8 pack. I probably sold a total of 20-25 of the packs, I made 3 varieties.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #3562  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Hi Beth,

What Cricut cart did you use for your gift card holders? They are so cute! I have the Christmas Cheer cart, but it does not have the reindeer or snowman you used. I had an assembly line going yesterday and cut out the gift card holders, front accent paper, and the inside card holder for 18 cards in no time with my Cricut. Then I decided I wanted to use a snowman on one set but did not have a simple one to use, so I spent a lot of time paper piecing the snowman's scarf, arms, hat, carrot nose, and then glued on google eyes. Your snowman seems much simpler and would not have to be pieced...

Thanks!!
Katie
It is from the Doodlecharms Cartridge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #3563  
Matboard Maniac

hello again - working on the 'tile pendants' - they are coming out awesome - I have 'floated' bit of fine glitter between coats which came out better than I expected...also added tiny crystals glued on top, again, pleased with the results - now working on glass ones which are a bit bigger - finally finding uses for all my tiny stamps - here's my question...have any of you made the 'washer pendants' and. if so, did they sell?? - am seeing some wonderful pieces in the gallery - many thanks
Happy Mother's Day
carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 03:34 AM   #3564  
Matboard Maniac

Christel, What cans did you use for the pop top cans and how did you get the dp on the top so nicely?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #3565  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarcyJoView Post
Christel, What cans did you use for the pop top cans and how did you get the dp on the top so nicely?
I bought the smaller cans at Big Lots. I think they had a reduced sugar (kids) fruit cocktail in them. I used my Pampered Chef can opener to open the bottom of the can and cleaned the can thoroughly. I held up a piece of DSP and marked it with my fingernail to know what size the paper wold have to be and then I cut (and just repeated with the same measurements from then on. I flecked the edges of my paper with Chocolate Chip ink. I put Stick Strip on all four sides of the DSP that I adhered to the can. I used my Creative memories cutting system to determine what size circle I would need for the top and bottom of the can. I then cut, free hand, a notch for the "pop top" part of the can, flecked them with ink and used Crystal Effects to glue the circles on. Then I just added a few embellishments.

Note: I did use one soup can, Cambell's Select I believe, that I had gotten at Costco. I was excited because they were bigger. The problem is, soup leaves a lingering smell and fruit cocktail does not. I might have been able to get the smell out if I tried harder, but in my opinion, fruit cocktail is the way to go.

I held a two classes one week where people made an altered can and a gift card holder and they LOVED it. I prepped everything pretty well, down to applying the Sticky Strip to the paper for them to just have to peel and stick. I charged $10 per person and no one seemed to worry about the cost.

I plan on making mostly Christmas themed cans, but will do some kids ones and some for women and men.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by CAmomof2; 05-08-2010 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #3566  
Matboard Maniac

Question Binder clip uses and transparent butterfly pin tutorial???

I just love this thread and have been pecking away at it for ideas for about a week. What a treasure trove of information. Thanks to all who share.
Since I am late in asking questions about things that may have been deleted, I have a question.
There was a prior post about a transparent butterfly pin video tutorial, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me.
Also, I am wondering how the binder clips are being used. Someone suggested using them for name plates at dinners and I see them used for holding signs at craft boutiques. What will the average shopper use these for?
Lyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #3567  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I wanted to pipe in to say what an awesome thread this is! I've been following it for well over a year and wanted to share my findings with you.

I had a craft show last weekend that was a lot of fun and I actually sold some things which was really exciting! I've posted pictures of things I sold on my blog if anyone is interested. Here is a direct link to the post:

http://ryannmarin.wordpress.com/2010...aft-show-pics/

Here is my tally for last weekend:

Individual Cards: 26
Post-It Holders: had 4 / sold 4
Gift Card Holders: had 10 / sold 4
Coasters (2 per set): had 10 / sold 4
Pencil boxes: had 12 / sold 8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #3568  
Kookie Creator

Thanks so much for all these ideas!! I love making little things for gifts....or just because...items to hand out at church or for the grandkids. Having health issues now, but if I were able to I'd love to join a craft fair or two.

For the binder clips...I've seen people use them to display recipe cards, pictures, place cards, phone messages (for office workers). I think there really are a lot of things you could use them for. For the recipe cards..you could make a gift set...recipe cards, box or album to store them, and a binder clip to hold the recipe while cooking. You could decorate the same as the recipe cards, or in a particular theme for someone's kitchen. My daughter in law (to be) has apples in her kitchen...so I've thought of making her something like this for a birthday or Christmas gift.

And you could personalize them too. For example...if using for table markers at a wedding reception...you could coordinate papers with wedding colors. I've also seen receptions where each table is named...like one named Love, another Honesty...you could do all kinds of themes depending on what interests the couple have. For movie lovers you could use: Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, and such.

I'll keep watching for more ideas! Thanks ladies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #3569  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsalamonView Post
I wanted to pipe in to say what an awesome thread this is! I've been following it for well over a year and wanted to share my findings with you.

I had a craft show last weekend that was a lot of fun and I actually sold some things which was really exciting! I've posted pictures of things I sold on my blog if anyone is interested. Here is a direct link to the post:

http://ryannmarin.wordpress.com/2010...aft-show-pics/

Here is my tally for last weekend:

Individual Cards: 26
Post-It Holders: had 4 / sold 4
Gift Card Holders: had 10 / sold 4
Coasters (2 per set): had 10 / sold 4
Pencil boxes: had 12 / sold 8
Awesome! Really cute items on your blog! How did the light switch covers do? That is a great idea...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #3570  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
Awesome! Really cute items on your blog! How did the light switch covers do? That is a great idea...
Unfortunately I didn't sell any light switch plates. There was a lot of interest but I think if people have specific decor in a room and what I have doesn't match, then they aren't going to sell. Something I figured out AFTER I had made them all, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #3571  
Matboard Maniac

Question coaster post it note holders ??

Suni, thank you for helping me with ideas for the binder clips.
Now, I have another question regarding the coaster post it holders. Do you laminate the decorative paper before attaching?

Also, where can I find the Punny graphics that I have seen used on some projects?

Last edited by imlynne; 05-09-2010 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #3572  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
Now, I have another question regarding the coaster post it holders. Do you laminate the decorative paper before attaching?

Also, where can I find the Punny graphics that I have seen used on some projects?

I dont laminate mine, but I do use the "red tape" to make sure the paper sticks well to the coaster.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #3573  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I glue my paper on with Crystal Effects and I do not laminate. I like Crystal Effects because it's not sticky when it dries, like Mono (green lid).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #3574  
Rubber Obsessor

Had my first craft show today! The day didn't start out too good :( The tent I had just bought and set up last night, was in the trash before the show even began! One of the legs snapped in half and there was no fixing it! Thanks to the wind! Thankfully we had an EZ-Up with sides set up in our 2nd space (borrowed from my DH's aunt and cousin)! Needless to say, my friend and I will be investing in an EZ-Up!

So we ended up putting everything in one space under the tent; so we didn't have a lot of traffic come through due to the way we had to set up, due to the wind! It was a great learning experience and we have learned lots for the next show in September!

Gift Card Holders: Had 13/sold 0
Magnetic boards: Had 15/sold 4 (custom order for 10)
Post it note frames: Had 6/sold 2

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #3575  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I just love this thread and have been pecking away at it for ideas for about a week. What a treasure trove of information. Thanks to all who share. Also, I am wondering how the binder clips are being used. Someone suggested using them for name plates at dinners and I see them used for holding signs at craft boutiques. What will the average shopper use these for?
Lyn

Hi Lyn,

Welcome to SCS! This is a great site with tons of helpful information and the people are so nice! As far as the binder clips, I am making them for the craft shows I plan to do in the Fall and I think most people will use them to hold quotes/scripture/favorite sayings or photographs. I think I might package mine with a quote and have a few on display with photos so people know what to use them for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #3576  
Matboard Maniac

Jenn, bummer that you had trouble with your tent and did not have many sales at your craft show. :( At least you learned that investing in an EZ-Up tent is worthwhile - I am glad to know that too and have been looking for a sturdy tent. Also exciting that you got a custom order out of the day so at least it was not a total loss. Are you planning on doing more shows in the Fall?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #3577  
Rubber Obsessor

Kate~ Yes. I'll be doing one in September, October, and December

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #3578  
Rubber Obsessor

Here are a few of the Magnetic boards I made for the craft show this past weekend! I'm surprised the Nebraska one didn't sell! Also, bought a nice sturdy canopy and sides at Walmart! Now to have DH's uncle make concrete cylinders to help hold it down
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-cowgirl-board-watermark.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-maxwellboardwatermark.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-nebraska-board-watermark.jpg  

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #3579  
Matboard Maniac

Jenn, those magnetic boards are really cute! I love the little clothes pin you used to hold the post-it note pad. How much did you charge for them?

Also, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the canopy at Wal-Mart? The E-Z up canopy at Sam's (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...hTerm=e-z%20up) is $197.54 so I am wondering if WM has a similar version at a comparable price?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #3580  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

It is from the Doodlecharms Cartridge.
YIPPEE!!! I got a GREAT deal on the Doodlecharms cartridge yesterday on eBay - only $19.50 and FREE shipping!! The other ones I watched went for $23-$27 so I lucked out! Can't wait to get it! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #3581  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn21404View Post
Here are a few of the Magnetic boards I made for the craft show this past weekend! I'm surprised the Nebraska one didn't sell! Also, bought a nice sturdy canopy and sides at Walmart! Now to have DH's uncle make concrete cylinders to help hold it down
Another reason why I have been staying away from outdoor craft shows! Too much crap to load in your car that isn't even a money-maker! Although I do have some craft shows peers in my area who swear by the outdoor shows...so who knows!! May have to try one again this fall.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #3582  
Mad Swapper

Default Altered Picture Frame...

I altered (my first!) picture frame last night. You can find all of the details on my blog.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_5291.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_5295.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-img_5297.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #3583  
Matboard Maniac

Christel, that is a really cute picture frame!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 AM   #3584  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
I altered (my first!) picture frame last night. You can find all of the details on my blog.
Really cute girl! Way to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #3585  
Matboard Maniac

Default hospital holiday boutiques

I would like to find a local hospital boutique in southern California. How might I find hospital boutiques?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #3586  
Matboard Maniac

I sell my stuff at our local hospital's gift shop - you need to make an appointment with the buyer and bring in your stuff - they get about 10 to 20% of any sales - good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #3587  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

I would like to find a local hospital boutique in southern California. How might I find hospital boutiques?
I can't answer your question. I'm just always excited when I find someone who spells Lynne the way I do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #3588  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Jenn, those magnetic boards are really cute! I love the little clothes pin you used to hold the post-it note pad. How much did you charge for them?

Also, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the canopy at Wal-Mart? The E-Z up canopy at Sam's (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...hTerm=e-z%20up) is $197.54 so I am wondering if WM has a similar version at a comparable price?
I charged $4 for each board! I paid $98 for the First Up Gazebo Canopy at Walmart (10x10) (they don't show it on Walmart.com) and $39 for the sides http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Up-10-x-10-Wind-Curtain-Tan/8486791

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #3589  
Cardstock Collector

What an awesome bunch of crafters here! So much inspiration and information. Thank you to everyone.

I am participating in a craft show the 29th and have made several items. I have a queston about altered composition books. Can yo all advise me what to charge for them? I fellinto an awesome sale b4 school started and purchased 50 of them for 25 cents each! (I gave 20 of them to my grandchildren). Anyway I know some of you can help me witht he pricing. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #3590  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbcraftsView Post
What an awesome bunch of crafters here! So much inspiration and information. Thank you to everyone.

I am participating in a craft show the 29th and have made several items. I have a queston about altered composition books. Can yo all advise me what to charge for them? I fellinto an awesome sale b4 school started and purchased 50 of them for 25 cents each! (I gave 20 of them to my grandchildren). Anyway I know some of you can help me witht he pricing. Thanks in advance.
Wow, that is a good deal. I get mine at the Dollar Tree sometimes (for $1), but when they don't have them I get them at Target for $1.12, I would love to get some for a quarter.

I make pens to coordinate with mine and I plan on selling them for $5 or $6 for the set. I am also curious what others have sold them for. I have a couple on my blog and I think one in my gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #3591  
Matboard Maniac

I have sold a few for $7 a set with a matching beaded pen, but I'm thinking this year I will offer them either 2 sets for $10 or buy 3 get one free. Last year I sold out of most of the items I gave a volume discount on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #3592  
Matboard Maniac

Default composition books

Are these the mini composition books or the regular sized ones? I am thinking for that price, it may be the mini's which would sell for less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #3593  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Wow, that is a good deal. I get mine at the Dollar Tree sometimes (for $1), but when they don't have them I get them at Target for $1.12, I would love to get some for a quarter..
Cristel, when Wal Mart has their back to school sale, you will find them generally for .50, but I happened across them at the end of the sale and they were priced for .25.

These are the regular sized composition books. 3 of my grandchildren have to use these instead of regular spiral notebooks. It's really a bummer too cause most of the time they are pricey:(. I can buy spiral bound for .10 during the b2s sale.

I hadn't thought about matching pens. I'll have to check that out too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #3594  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Are these the mini composition books or the regular sized ones? I am thinking for that price, it may be the mini's which would sell for less.
My price is for the regular sized composition books.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #3595  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Cristel, when Wal Mart has their back to school sale, you will find them generally for .50, but I happened across them at the end of the sale and they were priced for .25.

These are the regular sized composition books. 3 of my grandchildren have to use these instead of regular spiral notebooks. It's really a bummer too cause most of the time they are pricey:(. I can buy spiral bound for .10 during the b2s sale.

I hadn't thought about matching pens. I'll have to check that out too.
Wow, I'll have to watch out for back to school specials then. I just bought 15 of them at Target. I plan on using them for a project for an upcoming stamp club meeting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #3596  
Matboard Maniac

Default Magnetic boards ??

These are really cute

Does the flashing come in 5x7 sheets? Or do you have to cut them to size?
Lynne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #3597  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Hello and welcome to SCS! This is a great site and everyone is so friendly and helpful! WOW, you lucked up on a great deal finding the composition books for only .25! I have bought them for .50 during back-to-school sales, but never .25! ;) I made altered comp books (large size) for a craft fair a few years ago and sold them for $5 each. I made several different themes: Feminine Journal, Teen Journal, Prayer Journal, Teacher, Friend, Floral, and Dog / Cat. Good luck with your show!

P.S. I also made the mini comp notebooks and sold them for $2 because they were smaller and easier to make and I bought them for 3/$1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #3598  
Crimping Master

Quote:

These are really cute

Does the flashing come in 5x7 sheets? Or do you have to cut them to size?
Lynne
The galvanized flashing comes in 5x7 sheets so you don't have to cut it...however, you will need a good strong tool to round the corners. Will also have to sand them since they can get pretty sharp!

Let me know if you have any other questions -
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #3599  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

The galvanized flashing comes in 5x7 sheets so you don't have to cut it...however, you will need a good strong tool to round the corners. Will also have to sand them since they can get pretty sharp!

Let me know if you have any other questions -
Beth

Beth,

Can you tell me where you found the galvanized flashing? All I keep finding is aluminum. I was so excited when I first found it, I bought it and started decorating--only to find out after I had made 5 that they were aluminum! I have tried both Lowe's and Home Depot--where do you find yours?

Thanks in advance!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #3600  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
Beth,

Can you tell me where you found the galvanized flashing? All I keep finding is aluminum. I was so excited when I first found it, I bought it and started decorating--only to find out after I had made 5 that they were aluminum! I have tried both Lowe's and Home Depot--where do you find yours?

Thanks in advance!

Kim
I have only found it at Lowe's...and it's in the roofing section. In my store (KY) it was in the back left corner of the store....back where the bulk construction materials are.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Good Luck with your search!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes