Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #9841  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,540 Posts

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday. Darlene is heading to Minot and then driving to Washington state--she should be there by Friday! I have a set of images to stamp for a swap and will head to the stamp room in a bit.

Darlene has all of her stamp supplies in storage right now, other than the few things she had here over the weekend. Once she gets set up at her new place--wherever that is--I know she will be back visiting us in this thread.

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #9842  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Friends. I had a Humane Society Board meeting early this morning and we are finalizing our plans for our main fundraiser-the Fur Ball--Saturday night. The theme this year is a Black and White Gala! I then had a luncheon with the retired staff from work--about 40 of us. We do it twice a year and it is good to catch up! I hope you had a Happy Hump Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #9843  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,108 Likes on 880 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--Happy Tuesday. Darlene is heading to Minot and then driving to Washington state--she should be there by Friday! I have a set of images to stamp for a swap and will head to the stamp room in a bit.

Darlene has all of her stamp supplies in storage right now, other than the few things she had here over the weekend. Once she gets set up at her new place--wherever that is--I know she will be back visiting us in this thread.
That will be great to have Darlene back with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #9844  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello Friends. I had a Humane Society Board meeting early this morning and we are finalizing our plans for our main fundraiser-the Fur Ball--Saturday night. The theme this year is a Black and White Gala! I then had a luncheon with the retired staff from work--about 40 of us. We do it twice a year and it is good to catch up! I hope you had a Happy Hump Day!
It seems to be that you have that Fur Ball more often than once a year. :mrgreen: Hope it all turns out well.

Saturday and Sunday I was gone all day at the Family History Convention. Monday I had my annual physical. Doctor said I looked great. I hope all my tests say the same thing. My doctor happens to be my former boss's brother so he told me all about how he is not doing well. Oh wall, not my problem.

Today I had my six month dental cleaning. I should have figured this out while I was there, but didn't do it. They charged me extra for something that I didn't know at the time. I got in touch with my insurance company after I got home to check it out. The issue wasn't that they shouldn't have charged me, the issue was that they should have told me they were going to charge me for a fluoride treatment and the simple oral cancer screening they do. Certainly not worth $43 in my book and I told them when I called that I would not be having those done anymore. Quite unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #9845  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

Whoopee - it will be great to 'see' Darlene back here again - that's great news.

Hoping all goes well with the ball, Barb - what a lot of work!

Maggie it sounds as though you will good to go for the next 6 months or so... I now need to make my dental appointment - I know I neeeeed to go, but have been putting it off.

Praying all is going well for Jeanette, with no major issues when travelling - my worst was when I was once searched for guns/explosives!! :-) Go granny - didn't know I looked so suspicious or fierce!!

Kelly - Congratulations on your selection to the dirty dozen!!!

Shelly - are you back from your niece's wedding yet - hope you had a fabulous trip

Waving to you all from a sunny but breezy Down Under...I am about to go out to the garden and do some more spring weeding and clearing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #9846  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have a stamp a stack for Christmas cards with a Snowman theme this afternoon. I hope you are having a Terrific Thursday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #9847  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hello

Hello to all!!!

We enjoyed the wedding in California, power back on the day before we flew out. Our Airbnb cx us, as they said the septic could not keep up.
The young lady who was married is a childhood friend of my daughters. The other neighboor bridesmaid lived down the street from us too. The bride met her husband in Cape Town Africa doing legal aid to poor prople, and he is from Australia : )

We are now at my son's in Colorado- through Sunday evening. It is going to be hard to leave- he is so sweet, many smiles and giggles! My DIL is back to work this week and had 2 12 hour days- parent-teacher conferences......

Barb- you keep busy- love the work you do with the Humane society. Are the balls more than yearly? Oh, you are so fortunate to have a SU demo with workshops! Great news about Darlene too!

Maggie- the dentist gave you a treatment and did not tell you first? Yuck on Flouride tx- do they taste terrible?

Maxine- I am not keen on the dentist either! My dentist is a good friend, her husband had the same birthday as my husband! I love your gardening pictures, especially your rose bushes. Please share when they are ready to be shown!!!

Yes, Kelly- Big Congrats!!!

Off to bed- will have a baby up early : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2019, 04:23 AM   #9848  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

The Fur Ball is just once a year--in the fall, usually October. But, it does seem more often!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2019, 04:26 AM   #9849  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a good one and a wonderful weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #9850  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Happy start to your Saturday, friends!

Shelly - and all - thank you so much! I'm absolutely delighted!

Glad Darlene made it safely 'home'!

I'll be around to visit blogs today!

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #9851  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all!!!

We enjoyed the wedding in California, power back on the day before we flew out. Our Airbnb cx us, as they said the septic could not keep up.
The young lady who was married is a childhood friend of my daughters. The other neighboor bridesmaid lived down the street from us too. The bride met her husband in Cape Town Africa doing legal aid to poor prople, and he is from Australia : )

We are now at my son's in Colorado- through Sunday evening. It is going to be hard to leave- he is so sweet, many smiles and giggles! My DIL is back to work this week and had 2 12 hour days- parent-teacher conferences......

Barb- you keep busy- love the work you do with the Humane society. Are the balls more than yearly? Oh, you are so fortunate to have a SU demo with workshops! Great news about Darlene too!

Maggie- the dentist gave you a treatment and did not tell you first? Yuck on Flouride tx- do they taste terrible?

Maxine- I am not keen on the dentist either! My dentist is a good friend, her husband had the same birthday as my husband! I love your gardening pictures, especially your rose bushes. Please share when they are ready to be shown!!!

Yes, Kelly- Big Congrats!!!

Off to bed- will have a baby up early : )

Shelly
Hi Shelly, Glad you are having a fun time on your trip. Safe journey home.

I have been going to this dentist for a long time, so I don't really want a change, but I was very annoyed. Yes, the fluoride does taste terrible. You're supposed to swish it around your mouth for a minute. I know I didn't do that long before I spit it back in the cup. It makes me gag. I'm not so good with mouthwash either. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #9852  
Quacker Stamper

Hi all. Been having a busy week. Lunch out with a GF on Friday, dinner out Thursday night with two of our missionaries. They sure can eat. It was funny while I was watching them go over the menu (Polish restaurant), they were interested in two different meals and one of othem asked the waiter which one had the most food!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! They are young growing boys.

Had some time to work in my craft room trying to get some ATC's done. I have the image colored for our swap, but haven't put it together yet. I still have another swap to work on. Hopefully I'll get time tomorrow between church and going to my DD's for dinner. Also trying to work on some Christmas projects for gifts.

I worked a little outside today. It is starting to warm up again so I can only spend so much time out there. I cut back my elephant ears. They get wild. Cleaned out about 80% of my front flower bed. Still need to finish that and clean out my flower bed around the tree in the yard.

It's also time to cut back the milkweed. It's really too late for them to be making a chrysallis and hatching before the cold weather comes, but while I was cutting back I found one tiny caterpillar crawling on a stalk. Put that in the hutch and a couple other pots that have leaves on them for feed. I only got to about half of my plants, but they'll wait until later this week when it cools off again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2019, 05:24 AM   #9853  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday! The weekend was busy and I am happy to start a new week. The Fur Ball fundraiser for the Humane Society was a fun evening and I think it was one of the most successful that I have attended. We had dueling pianos and they were outstanding! The theme was a black and white masquerade party and the decorations were perfect! There were over 100 silent auction items and 6 live auction items, including two trips and 3 packages with sports tickets! Yesterday was a stay home and watch football kind of day after church............... I am behind in making some challenge cards, so I get to get inky today! I hope you have a wonderful start to the week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #9854  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

I’m not at home to add some fancy graphics from my iPhone

It was a busy morning with lots of errands and running around and I got home briefly and had to turn around again. We will be taking the kitty cat Finny to the vet today as she is having some difficulties and they want her to stay overnight. my daughter is an absolute mess I feel so bad for her because that was me last week with Buddy :*(

Sending hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #9855  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy Birthday, Maggie!

I’m not at home to add some fancy graphics from my iPhone

It was a busy morning with lots of errands and running around and I got home briefly and had to turn around again. We will be taking the kitty cat Finny to the vet today as she is having some difficulties and they want her to stay overnight. my daughter is an absolute mess I feel so bad for her because that was me last week with Buddy :*(

Sending hugs to all!
Hi Kelly, Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry about Finny. I hope it's nothing serious and she'll recover quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #9856  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Birthday Maggie! I hope your day was fabulous!

Home from Colorado and to bed at 3am ish..... so slept until almost noon. I woke up when Ray got up for work (he works at home), but fell back to sleep. Did laundry, unpacking done and got to make a couple of cards today!

Tomorrow, I am getting a shingles shot. I am hearing people feel crapy after getting them..but, my Dad had them and they are nasty, so I want the shot. Back to the grind- grocery shopping, piano and bible study tomorrow night.

It was SOOOOO hard to leave that sweet baby!!! We will be back in December for our family Christmas : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2019, 04:50 AM   #9857  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #9858  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shelly - what a cutie! I cannot imagine seeing Alice every day so I feel for you my friend! Also, sending you a P message ... and welcome
Home!

Maggie - glad the bday was good! Thank you for your kind words. Funny will have to go to a specialist and be left. They could not do the invasive procedure yesterday because she’s still got antibiotics in her system and it needs to be cleared by 72 hours

Waving to everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #9859  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi everyone - it's Wednesday afternoon here and I have been sliced and stitched and am back home ... travelled with DIL and Annalise - what a wee trooper she is with being in the car or stroller for most of the morning - she was just starting to be really 'over it' and protesting as we got back into town.

Happy birthday Maggie - sorry I am late with my wishes ... and pleased to hear you had a good day.

Oh Shelly - I remember being away from all my grandies in the early days - it's hard, so hugs from Down Under.

Kelly that does not sound too good for Finny - I hope all goes well - poor kitty.

Barb I hope you have enjoyed your inky days - I need to get into the studio now as I have two extra cards for November - one of which is due very early in the month, and needs to get to my friend in time for her to post it on....

Waving to you all from a wild and wet spring day Down Under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2019, 04:44 AM   #9860  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Hump Day! I finished the 2 dozen invites for our holiday cocktail party yesterday--YAY! Today, I will work on a swap for my LSS and a few challenge cards. I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #9861  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday!

Sounds like Barb is going to have lots of fun getting inky!

Maxine - feel better and speedy recovery vibes to you!

I'm off to Hobby Lobby and Michaels as I've got little filler things to pick up.

Then it's prep time for our weekend away- looking forward to that!

Have a great day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #9862  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies! I did alot today and accomplished not much! I have all of the stamps and sewing things from my sale- do I donate the older SU items or try to sell them? I have been watching the Facebook selling sites and it looks like a lot of work for them.........

Today my twins are 31!!! Yikes!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Hump Day! The weekend is closer and closer!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #9863  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,074 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I'm back - the trip was FABULOUS!!!
and just so you know, I don't look as fierce as "Granny" Maxine - no searching for guns/explosives on my trip ;)

I've read the thread but won't comment on what I've read since I've been gone so long. Well, except to say.......

Congratulations Kelly!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #9864  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - yes this is today's starting to do list, LOL!

Jeanette, welcome home! And thank you!! I am oerjoyed! And loved reading the comments that sweet friends have left under my photo/bio. I'm glad that will be there forever! ♥
Shelly, happy birthday to the twins! Wow! I am car-less (both broke,can't afford the mechanic) so I'm borrowing my daughters. with a car seat, LOL! It's been a LONG time since I looked in the rear view mirror and see a car seat! Good luck with your deiciding on sale/donate!

And I'm on crunch time! Today is a theater production for Hispanic Heritage (my son was assigned Puerto Rico) and then tonight he has court of honor for Scouts - whew!

And I still have to pack! Eeeek - running out of time!

Have a fabulous day, friends!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2019, 03:21 AM   #9865  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, thanks for the welcome home! I hope you thoroughly enjoy your Dirty Dozen time... I'm sure you will WOW us!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2019, 04:49 AM   #9866  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning My Inky Friends! I hope you area having a good week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #9867  
Quacker Stamper

Hello stamp addicts.

I've had a busy but lovely birthday week. Had lunch with two GF's on Monday and then a phone call from my former boss led to lunch with him on Tuesday. It was okay. We chatted like friends instead of boss and slave. :mrgreen: He is not happy with how things are, but there is nothing to be done unless he wants to start over at his age.

Last night went to visit a friend and had an enjoyable time with her and her DH. I made some pumpkin muffins and threw in some chocolate chips and frosted them with chocolate fudge frosting and took them each one. They ate them after I left and texted that they were yummy. She gave me a gift (2) that I was not expecting and, sadly, one I will have to part with. It's so adorable. It's a small stuffed cat scented with lavender. Unfortunately, I cannot do fragrances (which she did not know). I didn't think the odor was that strong and I tried having it in my room last night, but after about 15 minutes I had to stick it in a dresser drawer so I wouldn't smell it. So sad. It's adorable. I think I am going to take it to my DGD on Saturday. I think she will like it.

School has been keeping me busy. Lots of reading, two discussion boards, and an essay.

I watched a bit of the Astros/Nationals game last night, but turned it off when the score got to be 6-2 not in our favor. My DD is having a watch party on Saturday, so I need to get ingredients to make a few things to take to that. I have some ideas, just need to decide which to make.

Kelly, where are you off to? I hope it's a fun trip. Sorry about your car. I'd like to be able to afford a new one, but not in my picture. The dealership keeps calling me wanting me to trade it in. They want my car. I hope Finny is going to be okay. Sad when our furbabies are not feeling well.

Jeanette, welcome home. Or should I say, Aloha!

Barb, you are a party animal. Holiday party sounds like fun.

Shelly, like you, I need to decide what to do with stuff that I no longer want or need and not just stamping stuff. Guess what!! I had two butterflies that hatched. I did not even know that I had the chrysalises. One I found by accident and then saw the butterfly the next day and the day after I saw another new butterfly outside and saw where it had just hatched. Now I even have two more caterpillars in my hutch.

Maxine, glad you survived your cutting and stitching okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #9868  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Maxine- not sure how, but I missed cutting and stitching. Skin cancers?

Maggie- glad you had lunch with your former boss and that it went well. I am the same way with scented fragrances- even candles.
Hubby had the game on as well, and I watched some of it on/off.

Kelly- Oh no....did not know your car is not in repair- yes, funny to see the baby seats in the back. It sure brings back alot of memories being around the baby- but I was able to hand him to his mom at bedtime and slept without interruption.

Welcome Home Jeanette!!! You have great job benefits : )

Barb- yikes- I do not want to think about Holiday anything yet! Is it a December party you are making invites for?

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 03:56 AM   #9869  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Fellow StampAddicts!

Barb, I hope your week is going well, too!

Thanks for the welcome home, Maggie... your birthday week sounds like it's been filled with activity. Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome home, Shelly... I hope you're doing well and not missing those baby snuggles too much!

Waving to everyone else!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 04:44 AM   #9870  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--It Is Friday! We are meeting Rebecca's nephew and friend for a wine tasting and supper tonight. Tomorrow we have a memorial for a friend's mom and Sunday we have tickets for Hamilton in Milwaukee! I cannot wait for the musical as I have been listening to the CD's for the past few months! I hope you all have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 04:44 AM   #9871  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

yes, the invites are for our December Holiday Cocktail party--all done and ready to address!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2019, 03:55 AM   #9872  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, enjoy the fun activities of your weekend - it sounds like it's going to be a great one!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #9873  
Quacker Stamper

Happy birthday Jeanette! Hope you have a fabulous day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2019, 06:05 AM   #9874  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you Maggie!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2019, 02:15 AM   #9875  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 AM   #9876  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

We had a great weekend! Hamilton was outstanding and we both want to see it again--Soon!!!!! I am trying for the $10 lottery tickets for the remaining time in Milwaukee. I have a stamp class today and plan to mow the lawn for the last time this year as we have snow and rain forecast for the remainder of the week--Yikes!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2019, 11:21 PM   #9877  
Hardware Hotshot

Belated Happy Birthday Jeanette - I trust it was a wonderful day for you!

I hope Kelly is enjoying her break away

Yes Shelly - skin cancer - the local GP did a biopsy, but the lab said there were cells left behind, so he sent me up to the main hospital.... again.

My girlfriend and I took Sunday off church and went across to Rotorua for the day - and had a ball - amongst other things I got an extendable 'wet' broom to scrub the house with - it's grubby (thanks to the local paper mill) and now summer is sort of arriving I had better get my act together and get it done. That was my main purchase. I was very good as far as craft stuff went as we are going to a paper craft fair this coming Saturday and I did not want to blow my budget!!

Waving to you from a cool Tuesday evening Down Under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2019, 01:13 AM   #9878  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Maxine - it was a good day. Plus my two men took me to Olive Garden (they neither one eat pasta but always treat me to OG on my birthday) the day before, since my DH had a funeral on my birthday. How fun that you are going to a craft fair soon. Don't work too hard with the cleaning and such - it wouldn't be good to be too tired to enjoy Saturday's outing. ;)

Barb, how was stamp class; did you make something pretty?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2019, 04:06 AM   #9879  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--we have about 2 inches of snow on the ground this morning--YUCK! I am glad I got the final cut of the grass done yesterday though I had on a hat and gloves as temps were only in the low 40's! I had a fun stamp class yesterday and today I will be in the stamp room.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2019, 04:40 AM   #9880  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

oh my! Brrrrr! I'm glad you can enjoy your stamp room today, Barb!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes