Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #9761  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
What is normal Kelly? :rolleyes:
LOL, maggie! Thanks for the chuckle
I guess a good start was 20+ extra teenagers NOT in my house!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #9762  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day, all!

Barb, have a great vacation!

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #9763  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,108 Likes on 880 Posts

Good morning (for one more minute).. Hope everyone is having a great day. We are being inundated with rainfall from Tropical Storm Imelda. It has been raining at my house for hours with no let up. They are already comparing the rainfall to Hurricane Harvey. People up in the Northeast of town are getting hit really hard. I've got water 1/3 of the way up my driveway. So glad that I am built on a slope and my house does not sit on the ground. I've got so much rain in the backyard also. My poor Glynda is on the patio and so nervous with the rain. She was hiding under a lawnchair. I went and got an old flannel sheet and draped it across the chair and a reclining lounge to make a little house for her to hide in and keep her out of the storm. Even on the patio, the rain hits a lot of it. Please keep us in your prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #9764  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hello

Prayers for Houston and areas that are getting rain!!!

Set up is tomorrow for the sale- (Finally!). I cannot wait for it to be over with- I am pricing things very very low!!!

Just home from drawing class- off to work more to finish pricing items!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 02:50 AM   #9765  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,074 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm home again - exhausted and glad to be here.

Maggie, I hope the rain stops and flooding is not severe!

Kelly, I giggled at yours and Maggie's exchange about normal. I'm sure it's all relative. ;)

Shelly, good luck with the sale!

Barb, you sure seem to be busy. I hope all is going well!

Maxine, I don't remember seeing any post from you since I left... I hope you're okay and just lurking behind the scenes.

Waving to all and sending...

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 04:59 AM   #9766  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning stamp addicts. Thank you for the prayers. There are many, many people who can use them including a couple friends of mine who got water in their homes. The rain is compared to what we got with Harvey two years ago and again, people who never flooded before were flooded this time. I was lucky and did not get any flooding although the water was severe in my back yard and up a third of the way up my driveway. People had a terrible time getting home since so many roads were under water and blocked by stalled cars.
They are predicting more rain later this afternoon. I think I'll try to go to the grocery store and run an errand this morning.

I was able to do some school work and played in my craft room for some time too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #9767  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maggie, glad you are safe. I have been reading about the Harvey comparison - and we have one family member there and many friends and it's just terrible. It seems it's just better to not even watch the news, there is always another storm or another disaster :( Stay safe!

Welcome back Jeanette and happiest of travels to Barb, who is always on the go and always somewhere fun!

I'm spending the weekend, I hope, doing NOTHING! I have so much to catch up on and the gbaby is going to the other gparents this weekend, and my son actually doesn't have a single place to be! Halleliuah!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2019, 01:52 AM   #9768  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

Oh Kelly - enjoy your nothing weekend!! Be careful that you are not too normal - I enjoy your exuberance!!

I have spent the week doing four baby sits, and have another week of four coming up - then DD stops work so the regular two or three days a week of after school sitting for her will be over! Although that said, it was good for the bank balance

Spring is really springing here, and I have spent the day out in the garden, and am now creaking.... I have planted sweet corn, and two types of lettuce, and have peas and a zucchini to plant tomorrow, and I had better start my tomato seeds too.

I also weeded the rose bed and one other garden, and the soil is very dry for this time of year - I would willing take a small portion of the rain that Maggie and Houston are getting.

I have managed some card making over the past week, and some blogging this weekend in all the business - i am starting to sound like Kelly - or Barb, or Jeanette...

Maggie you seem to be making the most of being 'retired', and you and Shelly really are having a good blitz of your craft supplies - my turn is coming as DD's new garage is nearly complete, and then they will empty their stuff out from here and it will be my turn to sort........

Waving to you rather sleepily from a cool spring evening - we are supposed to be getting a frost - again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2019, 02:40 AM   #9769  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, I hope your weekend of nothingness goes well!

Maxine, you've been so busy, no wonder we've not seen you for a wee bit. I hope you're able to find some time to relax this weekend!

Maggie, I caught a glimpse of the weather/flooding you're dealing with... scary stuff in Houston. Take care!

Shelly, this is the sale day, right? May your shoppers be plentiful and leave with bags of goodies!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2019, 12:21 PM   #9770  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends!

My dh is leaving for a conference and I've spent the morning doing laundry (again?!) and the ironing. Our daughters 2 and 3 are tagging along and driving to the theme parks - we'd normally go, too, as it's for family members (the resort and all expenses paid!) but with The Kid, I couldn't go. They always have this the last week of summer but this year, 3 weeks later so it's out for us. Boo hoo!

Maxine, enjoy the grands and I'm sure you are looking forward to some garage space!
I did a sort/purge in the summer and have been doing little by little - some successful, some not. I have to hone in on where and how I want to sell anything else

Waving to everyone and hoping Barb is enjoying Cali!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2019, 01:55 AM   #9771  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shucks, Kelly - I wish you and DS could tag along, too. Sounds like your DDs will have a great time with Dad on the trip.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #9772  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday! Mine was has been WACKY - but then, most are

Thanks, Jeanette - they are having a great time! Weather is cool(er) for Florida and they are like ships passing in the night . They drove to Kissimmee together, checked in and haven't seen each other since! They went to the parks, dh sleeps, they get back, sleep, he leaves for the conference, they go to the parks - it's a fun time for all! (well, maybe not dh!)

Hope everyone is well with Maggie's 'hood ........ my friends' mom had her contractor on speed dial and after 2 days of sucking out water, the house is finally dry!

Waving to all and wishing Barb a safe flight home tomorrow!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #9773  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I'm home again - exhausted and glad to be here.

Maggie, I hope the rain stops and flooding is not severe!

Kelly, I giggled at yours and Maggie's exchange about normal. I'm sure it's all relative. ;)

Shelly, good luck with the sale!

Barb, you sure seem to be busy. I hope all is going well!

Maxine, I don't remember seeing any post from you since I left... I hope you're okay and just lurking behind the scenes.

Waving to all and sending...

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeanette, I'm not sure I have any normal "relatives." :mrgreen: Or maybe, I'm the relative that's not normal. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #9774  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Thanks, Jeanette - they are having a great time! Weather is cool(er) for Florida and they are like ships passing in the night . They drove to Kissimmee together, checked in and haven't seen each other since! They went to the parks, dh sleeps, they get back, sleep, he leaves for the conference, they go to the parks - it's a fun time for all! (well, maybe not dh!)

Hope everyone is well with Maggie's 'hood ........ my friends' mom had her contractor on speed dial and after 2 days of sucking out water, the house is finally dry!

I hope you were able to enjoy your "quiet" weekend.

Today is the start of week 2 of classes. That's when it really starts to get serious. In my Research class, we have had two videos so far. Usually there is a transcript that you can save. For some reason, when I click on the transcript link, I get nothing, so I've been doing my own transcribing which means I listen to the video, stop it, and then write down, what she said. The first one was 44 minutes long which meant it was about 3x that long for me since I was transcribing it as it was going along. Luckily, the second one was only 16 minutes long. I think it does help for me to understand and remember what she says to do it that way which is why I like them to have the transcript so I can read it and search it without having to watch the video over and over.

My American Foundations class is going to be the death of me. This week I have two long readings and then I have to do a discussion post on two questions. I also have an essay to write by the end of Saturday. It's a good thing I'm not working. I don't think I'd ever be able to get all this done if I had a job too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #9775  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Kelly - enjoy your nothing weekend!! Be careful that you are not too normal - I enjoy your exuberance!!

I have spent the week doing four baby sits, and have another week of four coming up - then DD stops work so the regular two or three days a week of after school sitting for her will be over! Although that said, it was good for the bank balance

Spring is really springing here, and I have spent the day out in the garden, and am now creaking.... I have planted sweet corn, and two types of lettuce, and have peas and a zucchini to plant tomorrow, and I had better start my tomato seeds too.

I also weeded the rose bed and one other garden, and the soil is very dry for this time of year - I would willing take a small portion of the rain that Maggie and Houston are getting.

I have managed some card making over the past week, and some blogging this weekend in all the business - i am starting to sound like Kelly - or Barb, or Jeanette...

Maggie you seem to be making the most of being 'retired', and you and Shelly really are having a good blitz of your craft supplies - my turn is coming as DD's new garage is nearly complete, and then they will empty their stuff out from here and it will be my turn to sort........

Waving to you rather sleepily from a cool spring evening - we are supposed to be getting a frost - again.
I tried growing four tomato plants in pots this summer and they did not do very well at all. I got two tomatoes off of one of them. They were the little grape tomatoes (yellow in color). At first I didn't know they were supposed to be yellow and I picked on off and put it in my kitchen window hoping it would turn red. It is still sitting in my window and has done nothing. It hasn't even rotted. About two weeks ago I finally pulled the plants out of the pots and tossed them in the trash. That's as much gardening as I'm ever going to do.

I'm sure you will be so happy to get your place back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #9776  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Glad to hear that the girls are having a good time at the park.

Sorry about your friend's mom's house. I have two friends who had water damage. For one, this is at least the third time that I know of that she's had water in her house. There ought to be something that could be done about it, but it's the area where she lives. I would think that the insurance companies would not want to keep insuring them if they continue to have damage all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #9777  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly and Maggie, you both have me giggling this morning...

Kelly's comment about maybe not DH.

Maggie's comment about normal relatives.

LOL!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #9778  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HIya and happy TOOSday!

OWL be thinking of you all and Barb as she flies home - safe travels! Can't wait to hear all about San Fran!

It's fall y'all! Why am I SWELTERING here in Miami? I think we didnt' get the memo!
Today we ran around and around and around doing errands - Alice's party is coming up and we're hosting (so far, 45 guests? Our house could fit them but NAH! We've rented a tent and tables and chairs and it's now going to be an outside shin-dig. In this heat. Dude.

Maggie - yes, those insurance companies can be tricky. Many a friend here has been dropped, including my mom after 24 years with the same company, from hurricane related disasters. And she never once filed a claim. So very sad. Now the one she has is awful. AWFUL. We can't convince her to move (yet) but she's not doing so well (remembering stuff) so we may be moving her quicker than she thinks. Been a lot of behind the scenes stuff .............. it's exhausting. I try to remember that one day it will be me.

Waving to er'body!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 01:58 AM   #9779  
Hardware Hotshot

Only one more day of babysitting... it's been hectic this week, and tomorrow I have the 1 yr old in the morning, and the two older ones, on the other side of town, after school , and hair cut in between... never mind that we have cold, wet and squally weather... spring has retreated in front of a winter blast from the past :(

Maybe next week I will have time to breath

Waving to you between squalls and before heading to bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 AM   #9780  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, the party will be a blast, heat or no heat. Hey, did you read Maxine's post? You could move the party there - she's not dealing with blistering heat. I'm sure she wouldn't mind having a tent set up in her yard and 45 guests traipsing around the premises. ;)

Maxine, I hope you can rest when the babysitting gig is over. Whew! That must be exhausting.

Barb, I hope you had a great trip - welcome home!

Maggie, how are things with you?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 04:51 AM   #9781  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, the party will be a blast, heat or no heat. Hey, did you read Maxine's post? You could move the party there - she's not dealing with blistering heat. I'm sure she wouldn't mind having a tent set up in her yard and 45 guests traipsing around the premises. ;)

Maxine, I hope you can rest when the babysitting gig is over. Whew! That must be exhausting.

Barb, I hope you had a great trip - welcome home!

Maggie, how are things with you?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good! Hectic! I went to the FHC last night and helped a gf from church find some information on her husband's side. We added four children to his grandfather. We searched record hints and some were hard because the work is in Mexico.

I have two discussion posts due today in my AF class. Ugh.I have never been a history buff. We had a Zoom meeting last night at 9 PM my time. Wasn't sure I was going to be able to attend the whole thing. This is cutting into my bedtime. I still have an essay to write for that class. It's about the former head of Singapore.

AC tech is coming today to do a check up on the system before the cold weather hits.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 07:05 AM   #9782  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,540 Posts

Good Morning--we are back from our great trip to San Francisco. The flight out was a bit long as we were delayed in Minneapolis for 6 hours but made it! We walked a lot on Friday and Monday in the marina area where my nephew lives. Friday night we headed to Napa and had a fantastic time with 3 wine tastings and tours on Saturday and Sunday--so fun and sooooo good! We stayed two nights at the Silverado Resort and they were getting ready for a PGA event that is this week. I hope to watch a bit on the golf channel as it is a stunning course and resort. We also visited Muir Woods to see the redwoods on the way home from Napa. We had some wonderful meals out and sure enjoyed the weather too.

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #9783  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello!

Dropping by to catch up and say hello!

Maggie- you are busy with your 2 week class!
So glad you did not have flooding and that you are safe. We got a message from a lady in an Oriental Art group I am in that the mail distribution center had its roof collapse. Are you having issues with your mail?

Barb- your trip sounds like it was amazing, especially your stop to see the Redwoods!

Maxine- glad your week next week will be a little slower : ) I bet you miss the kids when you do not see them.... It is shocking when you start sorting- why do I keep these stamps that have never been used? Because I paid for them.

Jeanette- sorting away I imagine!

Kelly- hope your weekend was very good and nice and quiet! With lots of stamping. Oh no, Mom having some memory issues? I was not my Mom's favorite throughout the years, but when they get older, it is not about you at all..... I really really enjoyed having my mom here and was happy to provide safe shelter to her in a time when it was needed- all in God's time- my back got too bad to sit all day right when she moved her. HE has a plan- will pray for her and you too!

The sale was kind of slow for me- more scrapbookers came to it than stampers. I sold 4 things for $150 on Facebook before the sale, so with the sale- it was just OK. The best part- sorting done and the stuff is out of my room! I got a bookcase out of my room and the custom drawer unit I mentioned a few weeks ago- all set up and in its place : )

Rays sister stopped by on Monday- in town from Mexico to see friends and see surgeon and oncologist.
Rays brother and his wife came up yesterday. Ray ordered deep dish pizza, I made non dairy mostacolli with almond milk cheese- and it was quite delicious. The (fake) cheese is really creamy and even Rays brother and wife had a bite then filled their plates too!
Then, we headed to a Chicago White Sox game. SIL got tickets behind the Cleveland dugout in the 2nd row. We were able to run over by the dugout and get some players to sign the ball she had with her. She caught a ball the shortstop Tim Anderson threw into the crowd in Boston a few months ago.

When they left today, I ran a couple of errands, including Tuesday Morning, and got some House Mouse stamps- I did not hold back. Then I made cards this afternoon. I had not been aboe to stamp since Sunday- boo!

Waving hellp to all and hoping you all have a fab rest of the week!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 01:42 AM   #9784  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Welcome home, Barb - I'm so glad you had a good time!

Maggie, I figured you were a history buff, since you like genealogy. Hmmm... I guess not. ;)

Shelly, that must have been a disappointment since there weren't many stamper-types shopping. UGH! But YAY for getting things cleared out so you could buy more (House Mouse) and for setting things up the way you want them.

Yep, I'm still pricing/sorting. Soon this will be all over. Then I'll have to decide what to do with the leftovers. I also have about 20-25 items stamping items I've set aside - I'm going to sell them (somehow) but not at yard sale prices.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 09-26-2019 at 02:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 04:56 AM   #9785  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--one more sleep until Friday!!!!!! Have a good one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 AM   #9786  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Welcome home, Barb - I'm so glad you had a good time!

Maggie, I figured you were a history buff, since you like genealogy. Hmmm... I guess not. ;)

Shelly, that must have been a disappointment since there weren't many stamper-types shopping. UGH! But YAY for getting things cleared out so you could buy more (House Mouse) and for setting things up the way you want them.

Yep, I'm still pricing/sorting. Soon this will be all over. Then I'll have to decide what to do with the leftovers. I also have about 20-25 items stamping items I've set aside - I'm going to sell them (somehow) but not at yard sale prices.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, I never liked any history until I started doing genealogy. I bought a book on Early European History which I found quite fascinating. I don't mind learning about and reading about American History. It's the discussion boards where I have to write my thoughts about it. I like to read other people's thoughts about it and not have to dissect it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #9787  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello!

Dropping by to catch up and say hello!

Maggie- you are busy with your 2 week class!
So glad you did not have flooding and that you are safe. We got a message from a lady in an Oriental Art group I am in that the mail distribution center had its roof collapse. Are you having issues with your mail?

Barb- your trip sounds like it was amazing, especially your stop to see the Redwoods!

Maxine- glad your week next week will be a little slower : ) I bet you miss the kids when you do not see them.... It is shocking when you start sorting- why do I keep these stamps that have never been used? Because I paid for them.

Jeanette- sorting away I imagine!

Kelly- hope your weekend was very good and nice and quiet! With lots of stamping. Oh no, Mom having some memory issues? I was not my Mom's favorite throughout the years, but when they get older, it is not about you at all..... I really really enjoyed having my mom here and was happy to provide safe shelter to her in a time when it was needed- all in God's time- my back got too bad to sit all day right when she moved her. HE has a plan- will pray for her and you too!

The sale was kind of slow for me- more scrapbookers came to it than stampers. I sold 4 things for $150 on Facebook before the sale, so with the sale- it was just OK. The best part- sorting done and the stuff is out of my room! I got a bookcase out of my room and the custom drawer unit I mentioned a few weeks ago- all set up and in its place : )

Rays sister stopped by on Monday- in town from Mexico to see friends and see surgeon and oncologist.
Rays brother and his wife came up yesterday. Ray ordered deep dish pizza, I made non dairy mostacolli with almond milk cheese- and it was quite delicious. The (fake) cheese is really creamy and even Rays brother and wife had a bite then filled their plates too!
Then, we headed to a Chicago White Sox game. SIL got tickets behind the Cleveland dugout in the 2nd row. We were able to run over by the dugout and get some players to sign the ball she had with her. She caught a ball the shortstop Tim Anderson threw into the crowd in Boston a few months ago.

When they left today, I ran a couple of errands, including Tuesday Morning, and got some House Mouse stamps- I did not hold back. Then I made cards this afternoon. I had not been aboe to stamp since Sunday- boo!

Waving hellp to all and hoping you all have a fab rest of the week!!!

Shelly
Hi Shelly, My classes are for 14 weeks. We are just finishing up week 2.

It was the North Houston Sorting building that had its roof collapse. Not close to me and does not affect my mail. They are still working though and those that use that facility should not have many issues with their mail.

Sounds like fun times with the family and great find on the House Mouse stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 AM   #9788  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

FYI - tomorrow is going to be a crazy busy day (starting in the wee hours of the morning) so I'll not be making my rounds on SCS. You'll likely not see me here again until Monday (well, unless I pop in again at some point today). Have a great weekend!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 05:33 AM   #9789  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Inky Friends! I have not plans outside of the house today so that means I get to spend the entire day in the stamp room. It is good to be me today!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #9790  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay for Saturdays and for Barb, getting inky! Make a few cards for me!

My son had a Scout event I took him to early this morning - back again, went back to pick him up and we're home for a bit. Tonight, he has another Scout event at an observatory to see some stars and whatnot ....... and most likely, bird size Florida mosquitoes since it's in the Everglades! :/

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2019, 06:18 AM   #9791  
Quacker Stamper

Quiet weekend here. Did some laundry. Had a class zoom meeting yesterday morning. Got my essay done for my history class with the help of a gf who is a retired English teacher.

Today I'm going to dd's house for dinner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #9792  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello

Hoping you are all having a great weekend! We had a party last night, got a late start to Saturday, had a neighbor kid behind us come home at 2AM and blasted music so loud- with all doors and windows closed- it woke us up! It went on for an hour! So, slept most of the morning away. Goodness.

Last night, we had to attend an open house of a friend that moved about 30 minutes away- condo with three bedrooms- pretty big- she 'downsized' from our neighborhood. The food was incredible- she made most of it herself with some help by neighbors grilling meat. There was not much I could have, but I managed to fill myself up on chicken, shrimp and a type of potato salad with mo mayo- gotta get this recipe.

Another friend there is an old neighborhood (haha- where we live now) friend as well- her kids were also there. The dad of that family- Dan- was a dear old friend of ours, passed away 3 yrs ago from Pancreatic cancer. The kids brought Tequila and had a 'shot' in his honor. How could I refuse. That was a big mistake- I felt terrible and still dont feel so hot today.....

I may get up to the craft room in a bit- have lamb in the crock pot, and so just have to make salad and potatos for dinner.....

Kelly- hope your big party for Alice is a blast!

Maggie- glad you were not affected by the flood damage to the mail distribution center. I am in another group where 2 ladies in Houston are affected and they said it is the biggest distribution center and does most of the sorting for the area....
Enjoy dinner tonight!

Waving hello to everyone!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 03:14 AM   #9793  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY for all day in the stamp room, Barb... I hope you had a great time!

Kelly, I love hearing the Scouting adventures. His group is so active which is great!

Congrats on completing your essay, Maggie - aren't friends great? I hope you enjoyed dinner at your DD's!

Shelly, oh my, you are a busy one and have such tales to tell! I always enjoy your posts.

I spent ALL week last week getting ready for the yard sale that happened on Saturday. Now I am way behind on my two presentations - one for our State Convention's Mission Expo which is this Friday/Saturday and the other one for my mission trip to Hawaii in just over two weeks. Sooooo... you know what I'll be doing this week.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 05:26 AM   #9794  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Happy Monday! I have stamp class this morning and then time in the stamp room. That should make for a good Monday and the last day of September!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #9795  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy last day of September (what!!!).

I saw an interesting sight on my hummingbird feeder, where I have a hummer that is so trerritorial it sits and watches to make sure its feederis off limits to all others, and if they land on it, it quickly flies over and chases them off.....

I thought it was playing dead, and I finally decided to check on it and it flew away. I guess before migration South, the hummers drink alot and fall into a state of deep sleep. I just have never seen it before.....

Mine, all mine!!! LOL

Have a great day!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #9796  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Woot, it's Monday and there's no school today - YAY! Although I had to take my son to a specialist - waited 3 weeks for it. He's okay! The pediatrician said he had to go in - so we did!

Maggie - how sweet to have dinner with dd!

Barb - yay for stamp class!

Jeanette - you.can.do.it! Good luck writing all the words many will read and be inspired by!

Shelly - oh those hummingbirds! How sweet! We have egrets that visit us every morning - and squirrels ;) They have taken a shine to our macaw and sit in the same tree - sharing peanuts and probably stories!

Hi Maxine!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 11:25 PM   #9797  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls - yes I am still here and keeping an eye on you all ;) - life here is slowing down a bit, I think - Saturday was a trip to Waikato Hospital (an hour north) for a plastics clinic appointment - turns out it was a double up, but no problems. Stopped in Cambridge on the way home and had lunch with BIL and wife - it was good to catch with them.

Sunday I made a card for a private order in the afternoon, after sharing lunch with a my friend and spending time playing with brusho powders and SprinkleIT - the SprinkleIT is water activated, and you apply it with the brusho powder, and it gives a wonderful sparkle - she had the copper and iridescent - I think I may have to buy some....

Yesterday I helped pack Christmas Boxes for the Samaritan's Purse outreach to poverty stricken children in the Pacific - there is a group of women from church who help the co-ordinator each year pack what has been given through the year - it was a lot of fun.

Today I had my stamping/card class, and we did a Magic Window card as per the instructions on Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge... it took me some time yesterday to type out the instructions, converting the dimensions to metric as I went.

Tomorrow I head to Taupo (45 mins south of here) with some of the local Embroiderer's Guild to visit the guild there and see their exhibition.... never a dull moment

Jeanette I don't know how you fit everything in that you do - happy report writing and preparation this week.

Kelly I love how you are so supportive of your family in all they do - twice out in one day for scout activities - well done, and you certainly know where he is and with whom!

Barb I hope you have enjoyed your stamp room time

Maggie sounds as though you are on top of the school work - you certainly keep yourself busy - maybe the enforced retirement was timely for this semester!

Waving to you all from the Antipodes, where the weather doesn't know if it's spring or winter - winter has won today I think!! - Rain wind, hail and a distinct drop in the temperatures! We even had thunderstorms predicted, but they did not eventuate - tomorrow there is a wind warning for our area....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2019, 03:03 AM   #9798  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, did you behave in class or did the teacher have to put you in the corner?

Oh my goodness, Shelly... what a picture! My parents fed hundreds of hummingbirds until they sold the farm. Such entertaining little buzzers - and yes, very territorial. But I've never seen one hang upside down like that. And you captured it on film. Amazing!

Thanks for the encouragement, Kelly! I did manage to get all 3 of my handouts created yesterday for my breakout conference in Hawaii. The deadline was today if I wanted the Hawaii people to print them for me - which of course I did because paper is heavy and I didn't want the weight in my suitcase. I have other weighty items to put in it. LOL! Today I have to create my handout for the Mission Expo that's this weekend. I'm not doing a breakout but have to have a handout for the people who visit my booth in the Exhibit Hall. I'm not sure how I missed it - but YAY for no school yesterday! Was it a work day for teachers or some holiday I'm unaware of???

Maxine, I hope you DO get some of that SprinkleIT so I can admire it on your cards on your blog. I've not heard of it... but then again, I've heard of Brusho powder and even have a couple of colors - but I have ZERO talent for using it. Every time I've tried, it's been a fail. You've certainly been busy busy BUSY! And about the weather... ours is confused, too. Sheesh! It's supposed to be fall but we're in the mid 90's this week. That's just wrong!

Maggie, you must be busy with school... thinking good thoughts for you!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2019, 03:17 AM   #9799  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

This is a very special day for Barb...

I hope your day is marvelous, Barb!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2019, 04:02 AM   #9800  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks so much Jeanette! (I think....................)

Reply With Quote Likes