Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2019, 02:48 AM   #9961  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,015 Likes on 3,892 Posts

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, wow! You have a lot going on - what do you do in your spare time? I'm so glad no one was hurt when the trees came down. Such a loss of nature, though.

Barb, I'm sure your home is looking fabulous!

Waving to everyone else.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #9962  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,326 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Happy Wednesday--Hump Day as Smoochy calls it! Decorating is coming along and it is getting to look a lot like Christmas here! I hope all of your preparations are going well also! I hope the update tomorrow is that the main level is all done and only the lower level and outside lights to go!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #9963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 02:42 AM   #9964  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Today is going to be super busy - I'm making lunch for about 16 preachers. EEK! And I'm meeting with a man from our state convention for some help with technology stuff that eludes me.

We are still a one Christmas tree household (and have lots of unopened Christmas decoration boxes scattered throughout the home). I spent way too many hours on my job yesterday. I wanted to "unearth" the many questions I'll have for the state convention man and the only way I knew how to make sure I didn't miss something was to work through the processes to see what I need to know. Such a huge learning curve, but so far I'm liking my job.

I also spent a lot of time yesterday working on my 2020 mission trip.

Here's wishing you all a great day!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 AM   #9965  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday! The Christmas Transformation continues and will be finished today. Everything on the main floor is done, so I will head to to lower level and also do the outdoor lights and trimmings. Tomorrow is a run to Costco to get food for the cocktail party on Sunday. I hope you have a Terrific Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #9966  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,087 Likes on 866 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I am home again for a few days, and then away for five days next week. Have just been down to see DH's family, travelling with the BIL and wife who live up this way - one SIL is under Hospice care, and is becoming very frail - so glad we went, and the other with dementia has had a change of medication, and is having an improvement in her ability to move and talk, and is generally more alert... it's a hard trip, but so worth it.

Tomorrow a couple of friends and I are off to Rotorua for a day out, Friday the car is serviced, Saturday there is a "Christmas morning tea" next door and Monday i leave again for a week at a retreat centre ....

The new computer has been ordered, and will hopefully come into the country before Christmas - I will be very happy when it gets here

We had a storm blow through yesterday that downed a couple of large trees locally, which landed on a parked car and a moving one - thankfully nobody was hurt, but that section of street (near me) is currently closed as they are removing several trees and heavily pruning others! They are oaks, and looked spectacular in autumn :(

Waving to you all from a currently calm Down Under
You are getting to be quite the traveler Maxine. I hope for you that your computer comes before Christmas.

So sorry about the trees. Oaks are beautiful. I had one on my front lawn for over 50 years and then it was struck by lightning and got diseased so it had to be taken down. My new red oak is doing pretty well, but not nearly as big yet.
Hope you enjoy all your trips and retreat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #9967  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning--We had a few errands yesterday, including getting a new TV, so the main tree is not finished. But, it will be today and I will start on other decorations then. I love seeing the tree up, lights on and ornaments shining! I hope you each have a pleasant day too!
Congrats on the new TV. Did yours go out or did you just decide to get a new one? How big is it?

I need to get my door wreath out? I did buy a poinsettia from the son of a friend and just got that yesterday so my decorations inside are done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #9968  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Today is going to be super busy - I'm making lunch for about 16 preachers. EEK! And I'm meeting with a man from our state convention for some help with technology stuff that eludes me.

We are still a one Christmas tree household (and have lots of unopened Christmas decoration boxes scattered throughout the home). I spent way too many hours on my job yesterday. I wanted to "unearth" the many questions I'll have for the state convention man and the only way I knew how to make sure I didn't miss something was to work through the processes to see what I need to know. Such a huge learning curve, but so far I'm liking my job.

I also spent a lot of time yesterday working on my 2020 mission trip.

Here's wishing you all a great day!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with everything. So where will you be going in 2020 for your mission trip?
I am looking at all the information to register again for GRIP in Pittsburgh like I did last year. I am hoping to get either one of two classes for the last week in June. This time though I want to go to Philadelphia after Pittsburgh. I am hoping to see two of my HS friends that I haven't seen since HS. We are friends of FB. They are the only two that I have reconnected with. I also want to spend a few days with my older brother and his wife and family. It's been some time since I have seen them also and I've not met most of his grandchildren.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #9969  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Happy Monday, friends! I almost missed greeting you today! I hope everyone had a wonderful and FULL Thanksgiving! I tell you, I'm feeling my age - I almost called off Tgiving this year. I reached to pick up a basket of toys Wednesday heard a POP in my back and threw my back out - like screaming labor pain level. All night I couldn't take the pain or sit or lay or stand - and at 2:30 in the am, debated should I ask someone to take me to the ER. I sucked it up and wobbled around and had my daughter's help some but still ended up doing 85%. I want a merit badge! LOL! No black friday shopping - I did the last few peoples online! Awesome, AWESOME deals!

Maggie - Happy Birthday to your DGD! Tomorrow is my mini me's birthday ~ 21! My girls are all officially older than 21 now - and it's just little man who's 'the baby!' We are actually celebrating both daughters (one is 21, and Alice's mama is turning 25 on the 8th) on Sunday since THEY are both busy and I have a VIP meeting tomorrow at the school - looks like little man is going to New York or Kentucky or somewhere next year and we get all the deets! And then there's daughter #2 who's bday is at the end of this month - and then Christmas!

You've probably seen by now the sad news of ours loss just at Thanksgiving. I do love our neighbors but they need a reality check with their dogs. Our family is still shaken and we are grieving - it was HORRIFIC to watch and not be able to do a darn thing. But He is mightier!

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll catch up - a few cards to crunch tonight and i'm almost certain I'll be in bed by 10! I could nt' get up this am to get The Kid to school. The alarm went off and OOOOOH how painful!
Hope that your back is doing better Kelly.

I did most of my Christmas shopping last night.Thankful for Amazon and Wish Lists. Since they were all updated, it only took me about 45 minutes to do it all. Half coming here and half to CA. I still have my DGD and her DH to buy for, but we are waiting til the end of this week to see whether or not she gets a job offer in CA. If she does, then she will probably want some things for the new place.

How exciting for your DS. When will you know where they are going? Is this a HS trip? Or an activities trip?

So sad about your feathered friend, Sunshine. I'm sure you were all devastated by her tragic demise. Unfortunately, the poor dog didn't know any better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #9970  
Quacker Stamper

I did get all my work done for my American Foundations class. Now I just need to finish up my research report and I'll be done for the week. I hope to have a 3-day weekend to get Christmas cards finished and ready to mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #9971  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

We got a 55” for the main TV. We had a 42 and the new pictures and colors are so vivid. Still in the box though. Maybe on Sunday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Congrats on the new TV. Did yours go out or did you just decide to get a new one? How big is it?

I need to get my door wreath out? I did buy a poinsettia from the son of a friend and just got that yesterday so my decorations inside are done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 03:06 AM   #9972  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, YAY for getting your decorating finished... I'm sure your home is gorgeous in its festive attire.

Maggie, I am leading a team for our state convention in the Spring. We'll be working with refugee women and their children in Las Vegas. I hope it ll works out for your trip and classes. Sounds great!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 06:19 AM   #9973  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is Friday and I hope you have a good one and a Wonderful Weekend too! I have a few lights to put up on some scrubs in the front of our house and add lights to the railing where Rebecca put greenery yesterday. We will go grocery shopping for the party tomorrow and Sunday I will just relax and enjoy all of the beauty of the season!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #9974  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #9975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all!

Maggie, thank you - we miss Sunshine so very much. It's not the same to be in the backyard without her. She's been with our family as long as our kids so it's a huge loss. I haven't spoken to the neighbors again since then and find myself avoiding them. I'm not ready to deal with them or what's happened and it wont' bring her back.

My son will be going to several trips - Disney for a workshop, Kentucky in March.

I hope your trip works out for Philadelphia! I think my last reunion was my 10 year one and wasn't interested in going to any after that!

We're officially ready for Christmas. Shopping has been done, real tree is up and lit, and gifts are under it - time to do all the crazy activities and parties and school and scout events and church and birthdays!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2019, 04:29 AM   #9976  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, huge (((HUGS))) - my heart breaks for your family. Such a sad situation.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2019, 04:46 AM   #9977  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning and yes, it is another Monday! My weekend was great as our party was a good time and so much fun. We had 18 people here, good food and lots of laughs! The Badgers did not win their football game Saturday night, but it was a good game. The women's volleyball team and the men's basketball did win earlier in the day as well as the Packers yesterday, so it was also a good sports weekend! Yes, I am a sports fan!!!! Today I am spending it in the stamp room and hope to get ahead before I leave for the conference in DC on Friday. I hope you each have a Marvelous Monday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #9978  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts, I had a good weekend and a busy week coming up. Got all my shopping done and shipped to where it needs to go. I'm sad that I'm not going to see my oldest DGD and her DH this year. We were hoping that they could come to CA for the weekend after Christmas but that is not happening.

Went to DD's here last night for dinner. We were celebrating my DGD's birthday that was December 1. We played Apples to Apples and I won! I think that is the first time I've ever won that game. We are going to celebrate our Christmas on the 20th before I go to CA.

I've got lunch plans every day this week. I don't know why they all seem to come at the same time. Still trying to get Christmas cards done and sent out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 02:54 AM   #9979  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 04:27 AM   #9980  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends! I did spend most of the day in the stamp room and made 5 cards! I have a couple of errands today and then helping a friend move some furniture as she is having some rooms painted tomorrow. I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 04:59 AM   #9981  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. I'm wanting to finish up my classwork for this week today. I have a quiz for Foundations and then have to write up a Research Plan for Methodology. Shouldn't take all day to do those. Have lunch plans with the receptionist from my old firm. We haven't gotten together since I left. Also need to call SS again. One hand there does not know what the other hand is doing.

We are getting that cold, rainy weather today. It's already chilly this morning and wet. It's supposed to go down today. Tomorrow will also be cold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #9982  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #9983  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine,
congratulations on your win over at STAMPlorations!

Woohoo!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 02:12 AM   #9984  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 04:49 AM   #9985  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have an Awesome Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 05:44 AM   #9986  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! Heading out for a day of shopping and looking for 'winter wear' for our trip north in 2 weeks ........ and lunch at Panera Bread! woot!

Have a great day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 06:07 AM   #9987  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hello all! Heading out for a day of shopping and looking for 'winter wear' for our trip north in 2 weeks ........ and lunch at Panera Bread! woot!

Have a great day!
Where are you heading to in 2 weeks? Hope they have snow for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 02:36 AM   #9988  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #9989  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends. Today is a bit of a busy day as I am getting a haircut and a couple other errands. I did finishing addressing my Christmas Cards yesterday and they will be mailed today. Tomorrow I leave for Washington DC--actually the Gaylord at National Harbor, across the river. I am taking my laptop, but I am not sure how much time I will have to get in and I am sure you will miss me............... We have two state AD's that are getting national awards and are also doing a Night Tour of Dc by bus. I am a presider for a workshop and a facilitator for another class. I will be back Wednesday afternoon. I hope you have a good weekend and a good start to the new week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 05:22 AM   #9990  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. Busy day today.

I'm a little concerned about Maxine and her family after hearing about the volcano eruption in New Zealand and the loss of life because of it. I pray that she and her family are safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #9991  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 334 Likes on 222 Posts

Hi all - I and my family are all safe and well - thank you for your concerns.

I actually spent the week away at a Christian retreat/healing center.

I got there late morning on Monday, and it was that day the volcano belched... and the place I was staying at was about 7.5 miles from the town that the tour boats left from...total distance just over 34 miles in a straight line from where I was staying to White Island.. I didn't know i had that much influence... Light hearted-ness aside, it was a real tragedy, and the whole district has been affected and Whakatane is a somber town at the moment.

Thank you for the congratulations Kelly - it was an unexpected win, and as it is for digi's, I should be able to get a reasonable selection... i am looking forward to seeing what is available.

I enjoyed catching up with all your news and activities

I have come home to a surplus of peas and zucchini's in the garden .. the family will help me out with them...

Blessings from a summery Down Under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 02:50 AM   #9992  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maxine, I am glad to hear you're doing okay - such a sad situation there.

Maggie, I was concerned, too.

Barb, have a great trip!

The BIG event is tomorrow - we're hosting the Pastors/Families Christmas Dinner/Party for our association. We're expecting 40-45 people. I purchased all the needed groceries yesterday and soon the cooking (fudge and cakes) will begin. Today we'll also decorate the tables and getting things ready at our office building, where the party will take place.

Tonight I'm hosting a VSN challenge. When it is over, I fear I will not make it back to SCS until Monday.

Have a GREAT Friday - and weekend, too!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 12-13-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 04:50 AM   #9993  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - I and my family are all safe and well - thank you for your concerns.

I actually spent the week away at a Christian retreat/healing center.

I got there late morning on Monday, and it was that day the volcano belched... and the place I was staying at was about 7.5 miles from the town that the tour boats left from...total distance just over 34 miles in a straight line from where I was staying to White Island.. I didn't know i had that much influence... Light hearted-ness aside, it was a real tragedy, and the whole district has been affected and Whakatane is a somber town at the moment.

Thank you for the congratulations Kelly - it was an unexpected win, and as it is for digi's, I should be able to get a reasonable selection... i am looking forward to seeing what is available.

I enjoyed catching up with all your news and activities

I have come home to a surplus of peas and zucchini's in the garden .. the family will help me out with them...

Blessings from a summery Down Under
Maxine, so glad to hear that you and your family are safe from the eruption.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 04:52 AM   #9994  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maxine, I am glad to hear you're doing okay - such a sad situation there.

Maggie, I was concerned, too.

Barb, have a great trip!

The BIG event is tomorrow - we're hosting the Pastors/Families Christmas Dinner/Party for our association. We're expecting 40-45 people. I purchased all the needed groceries yesterday and soon the cooking (fudge and cakes) will begin. Today we'll also decorate the tables and getting things ready at our office building, where the party will take place.

Tonight I'm hosing a VSN challenge. When it is over, I fear I will not make it back to SCS until Monday.

Have a GREAT Friday - and weekend, too!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great time at the party Jeanette. I hope you don't have to cook for all of those people coming.

We had our annual Holiday party for our book club last night. The same lady has it at her house every year. It's always a fun time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 05:40 AM   #9995  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning SCS Friends. Today is a bit of a busy day as I am getting a haircut and a couple other errands. I did finishing addressing my Christmas Cards yesterday and they will be mailed today. Tomorrow I leave for Washington DC--actually the Gaylord at National Harbor, across the river. I am taking my laptop, but I am not sure how much time I will have to get in and I am sure you will miss me............... We have two state AD's that are getting national awards and are also doing a Night Tour of Dc by bus. I am a presider for a workshop and a facilitator for another class. I will be back Wednesday afternoon. I hope you have a good weekend and a good start to the new week!
Hope you have a great trip Barb.
I got all my Christmas cards ready to mail that are going to my stamping friends. I still need to get some together for friends and family.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 05:53 AM   #9996  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Maggie

I'm making all the desserts and candies and cooking the veggie and putting the two hams in a roaster to cook. We've recruited a couple of other ladies to make the potatoes, mac and cheese (we have about a dozen children coming so thought that was a good choice), and rolls. We are getting fried chicken from the store.

This is our gift to our pastors/ministers and their families... so we do not want them to bring anything. We have 25 churches and all of the ministers/families are invited, though not all choose to attend.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #9997  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Where are you heading to in 2 weeks? Hope they have snow for you.

Oh Maggie, I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be in my glory! We are heading to North Florida, near the FGL ... my daughter and her husband have a wedding and don't want to leave Alice so my other daughter and I are going as 'the nannies!" It gets in the 30's up there (20's at night) so we're going as a mini vacation and touring and seeing the sights, etc and the night of the wedding, we'll stay at the hotel and babysit. Fun fun!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #9998  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day to everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 02:14 AM   #9999  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #10000  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from the Gaylord in National Harbor. Beyond the window is Washington DC, though right now I cannot see it as it is foggy and a bit snowy. We have had sunshine only yesterday and might not see it again until we leave on Wednesday! I guess it is good that we are inside most of the time. We have a 4 hour bus tour of the monuments and lights around the city tonight, so I hope the weather cooperates.....................

Reply With Quote Likes