Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #1841  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Catherine, thanks for the sympathy ouch! Now stop doing that, lol.

I liked Artemis Gordon. Robert Conrad was on a few shows like Colombo or Quincy, I can't remember. It was the year of the shirt open to the navel and the bell bottom pants tight to the knees!

Ann, I have my BRAK and Alpha cards done as well. It's a good feeling. Yes, we have Alpha birthdays in October coming soon!

Diane, your family gathering sounds wonderful!!!!!

Thanks for the update from Dani. I'm amazed she can get any writing done what with having to lie on her side all the time.

Pat, I was really disappointed in the first episode of Star Trek Discovery. I have already signed up for the All Access for 5.99 a month. Maybe I'll watch episode 2 tonight and see if it's worth continuing.

I've missed every episode of Midnight, Texas because DH has something he's watching. I'm going to catch up if I can.

Melody, Omigosh!!!!!! Your boxes are incredible!!!

I am bummed. I've been turned down again for the special help from the Humira company. That's four strikes. I see the dermatologist Wednesday and I guess we'll now talk about the 3-hour hospital visit with the 30-minute IV and the 2.5 hour recovery (just in case of a problem) time. Sure is a good thing I like to read.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #1842  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

DH wants to get a step counter. Something cheap, easy to use and only counts steps. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #1843  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 650 Posts

Oh, Kandie, sorry to hear that upsetting news....

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #1844  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,210 Likes on 1,838 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
DH wants to get a step counter. Something cheap, easy to use and only counts steps. Any recommendations?

Kathy, my DH got us off brand watches that will do just about everything the name brand does and very inexpensive!

id107plus

We both have them! Work great and link to your phone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #1845  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

Quote:

I have a fitbit - love that it makes me get up off my tush and move. I'm close to losing 20 pounds. I really don't know what other brands, etc. are out there. Maybe just a pedometer that clips on his belt.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 03:38 PM   #1846  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Kathy, my DH got us off brand watches that will do just about everything the name brand does and very inexpensive!

id107plus

We both have them! Work great and link to your phone.
Thanks Ann, but he is technologically challenged and only wants a step counter. Nothing else. I'll check yours out, but if you have to do anything more than turn it on, he'll say no...

LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #1847  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,174 Likes on 507 Posts

So what's everyone up too mom is busy, and I am broad looking Gina K. But can't find any i like cheap enough, and we trying catch up on things around before leave for Tulsa OK This coming Wednesday too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #1848  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I'm really disgusted with the Star Trek show. Maybe I expected too much. :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 05:06 PM   #1849  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 498 Likes on 276 Posts

Quote:

Do you peel them or just slice and fry?
No need to peel- I pick them very young & small, so just slice, or don't even slice! They're so cute whole. You can roll 'em around in a pan with some butter. Anything you can do with a small zucchini, you can do with patty pans.

Ann, I'd love to come cook for you- it's not very rewarding cooking for DH, since he's ultra picky!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #1850  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Well, I'm really disgusted with the Star Trek show. Maybe I expected too much. :(
Can you tell me what disappointed you? (I'd expect a lot, too, with the Star Trek track record for wonderful shows!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #1851  
Watercolor Wizard

Kandie,

We are researching the many forms of Medicare, since I'll be 65 in January. Looks to me like if you have any prescription supplement to Medicare, you can no longer get any manufacturer rebates or assistance on costs. I heard someplace that it's considered a "kick-back" to the government. What it works out to is the people who need the drug help the most aren't eligible to get any help. That just plain sucks! I'm trying to get prescription eyedrops (Pazeo) that are not on the formulary from our insurance. You have to go through a whole process of trying 2 other drugs and having them not work well for you before you can get what the doctor wanted me to have in the first place. Now, it looks like her office did not process the request correctly, so I have to go hash this out with somebody there. Insurance sucks. Remember before HMOs & PPOs etc. sucked the money out of the health care system? You could go to the doctor or pharmacist and be able to afford to PAY for it yourself???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #1852  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,309 Likes on 1,381 Posts

Wow, lots of chatter. I'm not caught up on all of it yet but wanted to comment on some of things on what is for me, page 37 (I have mine set to display 50 posts/page).

Ann - in regard to your comment that old age sucks, my mom always said that old age isn't for wimps!

Diane - that sounds like a wonderful family time...and I can see why you'd be confused about Thanksgiving now! Thanks for the update on Dani too.

Pat - yes, I loved Robert Conrad when I was a kid, thought he was so attractive. As for the tight pants, I think he was keeping up with Little Joe on Bananza! Your spider in the garden story reminds me that last night I actually saw a spider jump. It was so funny. The spider was on the wall in my youngest DD's room. I was talking to her and noticed it up there. She looked up to see what had caught my eye and "eeked!" and I actually saw the spider jump when she eeked! I have never seen that before. Needless to say, Daddy came and killed the spider for her.

Kathy - you are missing out on some tasty veggies by not eating squash! Patty pans are so yummy! Are you feeling better today? I have a simple pedometer - it is an Omron HJ-320. It counts steps and will save 7 days worth of step totals and that is all it does. It is quite simple to use. My only complaint is that I don't think it lasts as long as it should. DH has a Fitbit.

Melody - those boxes are fabulous! So very pretty!

Shirl - I hope you find your energy tomorrow!

Kandie - Artemis Gordon is quite the inventor, I didn't remember that part about him. I'm sorry you were turned down for Humira. I liked your post for the information before the comment about Humira.

Whew! Now on to page 38.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #1853  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey! There was only one more post to read on page 38! Who knew?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 AM   #1854  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine you must have yours set differently than mine e because I'm always on page 1. Mine is set to Linear-newest first.

Feeling a little better each day. At least the sore throat is gone. With my mouth always being sore, that was even worse. My mouthwash didn't work because it didn't go back far enough. So I used chloroseptic spray and then swallowed so it took car of the back.

Mom wants to go look at tractors today. Her mower doesn't work, although the tractor works. Its just the mower deck. Then we will take the mower deck off her old one and it will be easier for dad to drive around the yard with it. His version of a scooter! LOL. He is too unsteady on his feet so he falls in the yard at times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 05:12 AM   #1855  
Proud Fan Club Member

Pat, too much Klingon translating in slow motion, no leading man/action figure, a female Vulcan/human second in command acting too much like a boss and a lady commander treating her too much like a good old friend. A boring death scene. On and on. Just no action or personality to grab attention. Like I said, maybe I expected too much. All the other spinoffs have been good.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #1856  
Proud Fan Club Member

Pat, boy oh boy oh boy are you right on the money. The insurance wanted to know why I didn't try Humira first, and then turned me down for it. One of the Humana people gave it to me straight. They have a "circle" clause in their insurance, which means I am at my age now at the top of their circle, which is to say, they'd rather the old folks at that circle point die than have to keep them alive with their drugs. Unless money is coming out the person's ears. Then it's a moot point. We. just. don't. Qualify. (He didn't say it that way, but we looked up the phrase, and there it was.)
From DH: the government would rather give some loser a $10,000 shot (he has two grandchildren who have overdosed twice) than give someone medicine who has been productive their whole life. This is his opinion. And being three generations in firefighting, both his son and grandson who are still in have had to handle the issue of injections for overdoses. They are all three of strong opinion on the subject. Especially with a family member who can't get a medication that she needs, meaning me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
Kandie,

We are researching the many forms of Medicare, since I'll be 65 in January. Looks to me like if you have any prescription supplement to Medicare, you can no longer get any manufacturer rebates or assistance on costs. I heard someplace that it's considered a "kick-back" to the government. What it works out to is the people who need the drug help the most aren't eligible to get any help. That just plain sucks! I'm trying to get prescription eyedrops (Pazeo) that are not on the formulary from our insurance. You have to go through a whole process of trying 2 other drugs and having them not work well for you before you can get what the doctor wanted me to have in the first place. Now, it looks like her office did not process the request correctly, so I have to go hash this out with somebody there. Insurance sucks. Remember before HMOs & PPOs etc. sucked the money out of the health care system? You could go to the doctor or pharmacist and be able to afford to PAY for it yourself???

Last edited by Kemernow; 09-26-2017 at 05:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 05:33 AM   #1857  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Day five of August-in-September 90-degree weather, then tomorrow we go to Fall and only the 60s. Sitting inside looking at the glorious sunshine while enjoying the A/C is good crafting weather.

Dusty Dog got me up at 4:20 to go out, and then got mad because I didn't immediately start a cup of coffee, which is our morning return routine. I went back to bed!!

Calling all NCIS fans! The new season starts tonight. Does Jethro never age? That is one good-looking man!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 05:55 AM   #1858  
Proud Fan Club Member

Phone call received just now from my dermatologist office. The office also received the denial letter. Now they are going to try something else. I have to give them top marks for persistence. Good doctor.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 05:56 AM   #1859  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I'm also at 50 per page. Many times I have responded to the last post on a page only to find there's another page after it, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 05:58 AM   #1860  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, are you up to taking your parents shopping?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #1861  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

morning!!

Catherine, love that saying of your mom! I think I need to use it on a card!!

Kandie, terrible the way our insurance plans operate!! Do they figure that we have enough money in savings after working all our lives to pay for medications??? It's not fair and our government is not doing anything about the prices on medications!!

Really look up buying medications from Canada!! It was the only thing that saved us for my spouses medication!!

Kathy, you take it easy shopping!! No relapses!!

Off to start laundry, and put away the rest of the groceries, DH figures if he does the shopping he doesn't have to put anything away!! That's not how it works when I go! Men!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 AM   #1862  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Good morning! Day five of August-in-September 90-degree weather, then tomorrow we go to Fall and only the 60s. Sitting inside looking at the glorious sunshine while enjoying the A/C is good crafting weather.

Dusty Dog got me up at 4:20 to go out, and then got mad because I didn't immediately start a cup of coffee, which is our morning return routine. I went back to bed!!

Calling all NCIS fans! The new season starts tonight. Does Jethro never age? That is one good-looking man!
Well, yes, actually, he HAS aged- this following is the first thing I ever saw him in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/240-Robert

Since his sisters were Kris Harmon Nelson (married to Ricky Nelson) and Kelly Harmon DeLorean, we referred to Mark as Mark Harmon Gorgeous- it seemed only fitting, right?

I also loved his costar John Bennett Perry (who is Matthew Perry's father)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #1863  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 330 Likes on 130 Posts

Kandie check this company: Daiichi Sankyo Open Care Program

My mom qualifies and receives one of her blood pressure medicines through them. Doesn't hurt to check. I believe they have a list of medications they can help with for qualified persons. She used to qualify for almost all of her meds with different companies. Now, this is the only one she is still able to get one medication. She has to buy all of the rest now, with only one social security check. Ugh! Don't know how they expect people to survive now a days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #1864  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning everyone! We are back to the 90s down the hill where I work and high 80s up the hill at home. That certainly beats triple digits so I'll take it!

Kathy - yes, I have it set differently because the newest are on the last page. I'm glad you are feeling better, keep it coming and don't overdo looking at tractors with your mom. By the way, I saw the Tasty Truck altered to be an ambulance somewhere on Pinterest, Kathy, it wasn't my original idea. I wish!

Kandie - I hope your finger is feeling better. Yes, I can't wait for NCIS. I will have to wait until they upload it to their website though. As for whether Mark Harmon ages, yes, he does. I recently watched season one again and just the difference between him in season one to now is remarkable. That said, he is aging well! I'm sorry for the struggles with the prescription. The system is beyond frustrating.

Ann - I'll watch for that card!

Pat - yes, it seems fitting indeed. I don't think I've heard of that show, 240-Robert. I'd look for it but it certainly didn't last long so I bet it would be hard to find.

I stayed up late last night making my very involved card for the TLC challenge. It was fun, there are some things I'd do differently and it definitely isn't a mass production card. But DH likes it because it is an engineered card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #1865  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sally, thank you, will look it up!

Sally, do you have a hostess code for this week? I'm looking at SU paper this morning.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 08:31 AM   #1866  
Watercolor Wizard

Paper.......I have more than 6 of us could use up before we die. I just keep buying more! I bought metallic red, blue, dark green & champagne recently, and 2 pkgs. of cucumber crush from the clearance rack. I love when SU has cs in clearance.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 09:00 AM   #1867  
Proud Fan Club Member

All I have in SU is the white and vanilla. Time for me to get some colors.

Regarding Mark Harmon, then, let me just say he's aging well!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #1868  
Watercolor Wizard

The weird things one finds out online! On Arrow, Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance/Black Canary) is David Cassidy's daughter. I never knew that until today. (Also, if you want to see a good looking man- check out Patrick Cassidy : Official Patrick Cassidy Website )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #1869  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so lonely where all the action on scs? I wanted to started thread Just talk with people. But, I don't even know talk about that so bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #1870  
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't know where everyone is at, Linda. I'm working on cards and doing laundry

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #1871  
Proud Fan Club Member

Another handsome man who is aging well, Pat!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #1872  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm doing the same as Kandie!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #1873  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, I have about 17 more Christmas cards,I need make and be done with those? And 5 or 6 Birthday cards for Oct. And two Challenge cards. But they wait because mom and dad are busy too. And we leave for Tulsa OK For mom's Chemo. And will be packing to night. Are you going to play in the Falliday Fest Challenge this year. I going try not how much do this year?

Quote:

I don't know where everyone is at, Linda. I'm working on cards and doing laundry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #1874  
Proud Fan Club Member

I forget when I learned about Katy cassidy but I know it was just last year sometime. I think she was on an episode of supernatural. I was in love with David and then Shaun. Patrick just doesn't trip my trigger! LOL

Mom and I bought a john Deere tractor but didn't tell dad yet. Well mom bought it, I just went along as her helper be a use she doesn't hear well. And when she paid it was $100 less because of a special discount. That almost covered sales tax! We ran to Lowes, which is about 30 miles away and they only had one lawn tractor! So we came back down our direction and bought from john deere dealership about 7 miles from home! And free delivery. Mom just has to tell dad before one o'clock tomorrow! LOL!

DH will be away from Friday to Sunday so my friend invited me to her family's cookout Saturday. I'm making yummy orange dessert. A double batch! Its cottage cheese, cool whip, orange jello, and crushed pineapple. Its cool and refreshing, so now the weather will be cold and rainy! You just watch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #1875  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just checked and Katie was on six episodes of SPN. She played Ruby before Jared's wife took over the role in season 4.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #1876  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am SO far behind on Supernatural. I'm going to start watching it on my iPad with my headphones instead of watching all DH's shows.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #1877  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Sally, thank you, will look it up!

Sally, do you have a hostess code for this week? I'm looking at SU paper this morning.
Please use hostess code: BARTDXD2

Thanks Kandie. If you are looking for Designer Series Paper there will be a sale beginning Oct. 1: Buy 2 get 1 free on select packs. Don't forget to check the clearance section and the holiday catalog.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #1878  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMerlaView Post
Please use hostess code: BARTDXD2

Thanks Kandie. If you are looking for Designer Series Paper there will be a sale beginning Oct. 1: Buy 2 get 1 free on select packs. Don't forget to check the clearance section and the holiday catalog.
I I thought it was buy three get 1 free? I guess I need to double check with demo friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #1879  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I am SO far behind on Supernatural. I'm going to start watching it on my iPad with my headphones instead of watching all DH's shows.
The new season starts October 12!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #1880  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I I thought it was buy three get 1 free? I guess I need to double check with demo friend.
Your right, Kathy, It's buy 3 get one free. I read it so fast...

Kandie, sorry. Like Kathy said, it's buy 3 get 1 free.

Reply With Quote Likes