Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #8561  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Aloha everyone!! Me and my drippy nose checking in . Lol don’t mean to sound gross because it actually isn’t . It just feels like it’s always dripping but nothing is unless I blow hard into a tissue then a lil clear wetness so it’s kinda of weird . Never had something like this last this long . And I truely think it’s the apnea machine that is cause I gotta it since I’ve been using it daily as required . Brought it up with the apnea doc and he just said I needed to find a comfortable setting. Lol at that how can a feel of dripping nose feel any comfort? Crazy because he did imply that it’s normal in his statement when I meantioned it , that when clearing and taken care of one area there got to be a drip somewhere. Craziness I tell ya! Lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #8562  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 650 Posts

Victoria, I had a headache on Friday. Maybe it was sympathy for you? I do not usually get too many headaches. Hope you are better now.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #8563  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 650 Posts

Ha, I see we both posted at the same time. My nose is drippy all the time. Have to have kleenex with me at all times!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #8564  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Victoria, I had a headache on Friday. Maybe it was sympathy for you? I do not usually get too many headaches. Hope you are better now.

Shirl
Haha maybe it�s a head cold? Because it�s sure not in my head that I�m having a nose drip!! Lol yeah Des just brought me huge boxes of Kleenex
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 10:07 AM   #8565  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

G'mornin Crew. Well I get the deedeedee award today. My dh brought home a dozen roses and set them on the table .... I asked him what he did wrong....omgosh....he looked at the dog and said "I guess I am off the hook for Valentine's Day." Ugggg....Here's me looking at Valentine's cards every day and I completely forgot about it. Of course he won't be here on the 14th so he thought of that. Ooops...however, I did make him a chocolate peanut butter cake with chocolate malt frosting yesterday. So maybe that makes me not so duh??? lolWell today is laundry day and trying to catch up on cleaning. I am thinking I should invite the hubby out for dinner since I 'owe' him. However, he eats out all the time since he is away from home so I do not know if taking him out to dinner is a good thing. hmmm....Oh well..I will figure out how to make it up to him.
I don't know if I will be back on later or not....lots to do today. So...everyone enjoy their Sunday. Hugs and Prayers!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #8566  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteMacView Post
Sorry that happened to you Kathy. It is so disappointing when you are looking forward to something and it doesn't go as planned. What's a mallo cup?
Looks like a Reese's peanut butter cup only inside is creamy filling with a little coconut in it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #8567  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, fast fuse is very very strong but its also very very expensive! So I buy it and use it on projects that need strength. I only buy on a sale like they just had and I only get refills when I have hostess credits and can get it free! $7.50 for one refill is way too much to be using it for everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #8568  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Looks like a Reese's peanut butter cup only inside is creamy filling with a little coconut in it!
That's why I don't know what it is. It has coconut in it and I am allergic to coconut. It makes me violently ill.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #8569  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Currently watching random stuff on netflix and trying to get the last few cards done.
I know I don't have to do all the challenges, but it had been so long since I made any that it was good to get my mojo back. I didn't take photos of the cards we did yesterday because we did them following the instructions in the kit. No original ideas.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #8570  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,307 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Annette - allergic to coconut? I love coconut so much, that would be sad.

Shirl - my mom always had kleenex with her, did I mention ALWAYS?! If she didn't have pockets to keep one handy, it might be up her sleeve, in the pocket that only women have =), etc.

Dani - you might not see this before it is too late but, I would vote for home cooked meal for Ron for Valentine's day. When DH and I moved to the LA area, his employer put us up in a hotel for the first month while we located a place to live. That meant eating out for every meal. In just that month, I actually got tired of eating out - something I never thought would be possible! I have fully recovered from that, I might add! Of course, that was a long time ago.

Vickster - hmmm, drippy nose does not sound comfortable at all. I would think there has to be a comfortable way to use that apnea thing otherwise you can't get any sleep. But I have no knowledge or experience with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #8571  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteMacView Post
That's why I don't know what it is. It has coconut in it and I am allergic to coconut. It makes me violently ill.
Also, it's made in my home state, so they may not distribute far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #8572  
Stazon Splitcoast

Grrr my net keeps going off and on . So I will continue leaving love on more of your cards sis Annette as net permits ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #8573  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Annette - allergic to coconut? I love coconut so much, that would be sad.

Shirl - my mom always had kleenex with her, did I mention ALWAYS?! If she didn't have pockets to keep one handy, it might be up her sleeve, in the pocket that only women have =), etc.

Dani - you might not see this before it is too late but, I would vote for home cooked meal for Ron for Valentine's day. When DH and I moved to the LA area, his employer put us up in a hotel for the first month while we located a place to live. That meant eating out for every meal. In just that month, I actually got tired of eating out - something I never thought would be possible! I have fully recovered from that, I might add! Of course, that was a long time ago.

Vickster - hmmm, drippy nose does not sound comfortable at all. I would think there has to be a comfortable way to use that apnea thing otherwise you can't get any sleep. But I have no knowledge or experience with them.
My grandma always had a hankie, and my mother in law. I do too. I want to buy new sweatpants but I refuse to buy them unless they have pockets.

Speaking of coconut and my mother in law, she always called it cokernut! LOL I wouldn't say I love it, but I do love it in mallo cups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #8574  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I found another fun box. This is just a quick sample. I'll make more because its easy.

Two end fold by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #8575  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi yas. Hey C..nope not too late. I did decide to go with home cooked tho. He likes my home made beef pot pie so that is what he shall have. Kathy - I have been trying all the fun boxes and things I am finding in your gallery...I will have to try this one now. hehe I think my favorite so far is the little suitcase looking one. I think you call it a Luggage Box.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #8576  
Proud Fan Club Member

I love the boxes and whenever I find one, I give it a try! Glad you are enjoying them too! I just finished a second. I will upload after I add embellishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #8577  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,203 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Night all! Watched the team ice skating events so got nothing else done but a double batch of chocolate chip cookies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #8578  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams Ann! We don't have TV since we moved up the hill and I haven't investigated online to see if I can watch events online. Ice skating is one of my favorites! (Though I must confess, a few years back I preferred professional ice skating because it was more entertaining!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 04:59 AM   #8579  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,120 Likes on 969 Posts

Catherine, for the technique challenge, I did try it with a TP tube cut up the side and rolled tighter with string wrapped around it to hold it. The tube part was maybe a bit smaller than an inch across. It worked, but I was trying it with distress oxide inks, and didn't like the result, so I went with the full tube size and acrylic paints. I'm pretty sure it would work fine with paint. However, depending on how deep you make the cuts for your 'brush' probably has more impact on the size of the finished painting. I may try it again with the smaller tube and paint.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 05:06 AM   #8580  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning. Catherine and Sharon, thanks so much for favoring two of my cards in the Favorites thread!

My whole face aches today. The last couple of nights I�ve been getting headaches early in the evening and I�ve been going into the dark bedroom to lie down. Today is the first time I�ve woken up to swollen eyelids and even my mouth aching. I looked up headache and facial pain online but it applied to every kind of headache.

Here�s a DH funny story. When he first became a firefighter he got a call from a woman saying her cat was stuck in a tree and the department needed to send a truck to get it out. DH told her they were not sending out a fire truck just to rescue a cat. The woman said but he�ll die outside! DH replied, ma�am, have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?

Apparently the lady knew the mayor. She called the mayor and complained, the mayor called DH and said YOU will take a truck and rescue that cat!

A Hargrove painting at the fire station depicts a view looking down upon a tree with a cat out on a branch and a fire truck underneath raising its ladder up to rescue it. DH told someone his story, it got back to the former station clerk, and she presented it to DH, lol. It�s now hanging in our living room.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 05:20 AM   #8581  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, do I see that a new Sale’abration (sp) booklet is coming out on February 16th?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 06:29 AM   #8582  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Kelly, do I see that a new Sale�abration (sp) booklet is coming out on February 16th?
Yes, there is. My demo shared on facebook, but it was hard to really see. There is a stamp set, some kind of embossed foil paper, and a combo stamp set/3D embossing folder (really awesome basket weave). The combo is with a $100 order, but she did say the embossing folder would be in the big catalog in June.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #8583  
Proud Fan Club Member

Checking in between laundry and craft room organizing! I'm going through my basket of pearls and rhinestones. Sorting by colors. I just looked at some stands in the living room and have not put dusting to the top of my list!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 07:07 AM   #8584  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Yup laundry day too!! Groceries are being delivered this afternoon!! I use Peapod occasionally due to DH doing a really bad job grocery shopping! If he stops for just a few items he is ok but anything else he is on the phone with me 6 to 8 times asking questions about items!

If my car went in the snow I would go myself!!

Well off to look at challenges and let my mind work as I am cleaning!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #8585  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'mornin Crew...Kandi I had to chuckle at the cat skeleton in a tree. Could you imagine looking up and seeing just that? lol Well Ron took off to Chicago this morning so today I will be straightening up the house and paying bills. Once Dawn gets home I am sure I will watch her sleep on the couch. Did I tell ya she quit her job? She said they gave her a choice to quit and get her 2 weeks vacation or she was fired. I told her she should of went with fired because she had a doctor's note for the days she missed. She could have gotten unemployment. She said she didn't care. Must be nice huh?
Okay that is enough ranting on that. I will step in later and see how everyone is doing and to see if Kathy has any new projects for me to try. Hugs and Prayers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #8586  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning!

Melody - thanks for the answer about today's technique challenge. It's funny, as I was going to sleep, the thought occurred to me to try exactly what you said. Hopefully I can play later today.

Kandie - your DH's question about seeing a cat skeleton in the tree, too funny. I bet he was frustrated getting that call from the mayor though. Yes, the last few years Stampin Up has added more things to their salebration offerings during the sale. Smart marketing technique!

Kathy and Ann - I was doing laundry yesterday but need to do more. I wasn't as productive yesterday as I should have been. Might have something to do with being up about 20 hours on Saturday? Perhaps.

Dani - it didn't seem like a rant and you do need to let off steam.

Well, our spring like weather has left. Oh, it is still sunny though I think it may have sprinkled just a bit of rain this morning as the pavement was wet when I ran DD2 to school. But it is cold...for here. I'm thankful for cooler weather because we have too much hot weather around here. Praying for rain though.

Off to eat breakfast and get ready for work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #8587  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Yes, there is. My demo shared on facebook, but it was hard to really see. There is a stamp set, some kind of embossed foil paper, and a combo stamp set/3D embossing folder (really awesome basket weave). The combo is with a $100 order, but she did say the embossing folder would be in the big catalog in June.
Yeah and the prices of their efs are sure getting up there too. From the sound of it sounds like it�s going to be like the embossing my friend sent me pieces of which I would surely love to have my own folder since I�ve about used all she sent me lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #8588  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gm and aloha sistahs!! Yay I’ve completed all of round 8 !! No more catching up while round 9 is active woot woot. And mahalo and much love to all that gave me loving it’s greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #8589  
Proud Fan Club Member

Picture
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge ~ Round 8 ~ August 16, 2017 thru February 7, 2018-fe5fd7e5-9fb8-46b9-b44f-d14a782c52c3.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #8590  
Proud Fan Club Member

Love it, kandie! Everyone is hanging out windows, but no one courageous enough to climb the tree! Cats DO come down. Trust me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #8591  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Love it, kandie! Everyone is hanging out windows, but no one courageous enough to climb the tree! Cats DO come down. Trust me!
And they always land on their feet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #8592  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Number five son is sick!! Pretty sure it is the flu!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #8593  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, yuck, Ann! Hopefully you want catch it from him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #8594  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl is watching a YouTube video I linked from the last card I tried. It looks complicated but the hardest part is picking colors and stamps to use.

Triple fold front by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #8595  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok I am moving up the closing of this thread! Worried with the flu now in the house, so set everything up for the new round this afternoon!!

Here are the links: Chat thread: Alphabet Challenge Round 9 ~ Feb 14 - Aug 15, 2018 by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

and posting and list of challenges are here: Alphabet Challenge Round 9 - Challenges and Posting by annsforte3 at Splitcoaststampers

Please move to the new thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #8596  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

If you would like me to email you a copy of the challenges for round 9 just let me know!! Would be happy to!

Not lets get round 9 started!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #8597  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

I'm here. May even get to play part of this round :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #8598  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,170 Likes on 503 Posts

Kelly round 10 here the links:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #8599  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,170 Likes on 503 Posts

wrong thread!
Reply With Quote Likes