Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-10-2024, 01:44 AM   #6281  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,008 Likes on 3,889 Posts

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

It's Friday...

​​​​​​

Let's do the happy dance!

Wait! Fridays probably aren't that happy for you, Lynn... since it means you're the sole caregiver for your parents on the weekend. We'll dance with you when the caregiver comes back next week!

Susan, tee hee! Yes, I did say I needed a pick me up, didn't I? And you DID try your best. Thank you! And now I see you also did a little pick me up of all the trash cans around the house. Yet another thing I don't have to worry about since Brock LOVES that job!

I think we're doing No Mow May here too, Shelly... Brent's mower slipped a belt (I think that's what he called it) when he was mowing on Wednesday. It is now in the shop and he's not sure how soon they will get it back to him. For now we have a half-mowed lawn. I guess that makes us a Half Mow May here.

To answer your question, Susan... Brock says he wants "Green Presents." When asked what he wants in them it is always the same things - and all of those things are food items. LOL!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 04:13 AM   #6282  
Die Cut Diva

Received 942 Likes on 863 Posts

LOL Silly Brock...........Am I to assume that Green means the wrapping paper? Because if my grands said that they wanted "Green Presents" they would mean $$$$$$$$ Hahahahahaha
So Jeanette what kind of weekend plans do you have? Anything special for Mothers Day or is it just another day in the household?

Lynn so glad we can keep you entertained! I guess we are doing our job! LOL Do you have great plans for Mothers Day?

Shelly what about you? Are there big plans in your household this weekend?

Last night was Tori's final School Chamber Choir Concert for the year. Very nice and very long. I had (silly me) assumed it was Just the Chamber Choir but it ended up being all the different school choirs (chorus, 3D, Jazz, and a visit from a local elementary) and the music teacher was handing out awards for each group as well as a goodbye slide show of the music kids graduating this year. It was a wonderful night but it was long.
Today we're all headed out to have Jim's eyes examined ( he is long past due) and to get new glasses. So that will probably take most of the morning. Might even go out for lunch or at least bring something home. No plans for mothers day. Kids will probably spend it with DIL's mom which is fine by me. My perfect mothers day is to let me do nothing in particular. When I was younger and we spent our summers here instead of the cabin, mothers day was the day I use to go and get all my annual plants from the growers outlet market. We'd then spend the day arranging and planting all over the yard and in the deck planters. But now a days I'm not home long enough to keep annuals watered and potted plants are a definite no no cuz they would die if I was gone just 1 week without watering. So we no longer do that. Now we just enjoy the perennials that grow around here or the bulbs that pop up in the spring and leave it at that and Mothers Day is just a day of nothing. One year we power washed the house on Mothers Day!!! That was exciting!!! hahahahaha All rains should be gone by then so we should have a pretty day. Maybe we'll power wash again LOL.

Gotta go check in later.......................
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 06:28 AM   #6283  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan!

Brock means the color of the paper. Money means nothing to him - since we make sure he has everything he needs and because his wants are simple, he has most of them as well. If he wants to get cheeseburgers and we ask him if he has money, this is how the conversation goes...

Brock, do you have any mone?

Yes.

Where is it?

In your pocket.

See... no need for $$$.

I'm sure you enjoyed the choir concert last night even if it was long... and now an entire morning out, too. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Mother's Day isn't much here - Brent is preaching for one of our pastors who went out-of-state to see his mom for Mother's Day. I don't cook on Mother's Day. Brent either cooks or we go out - usually he cooks because he does not like waiting in line for a Mother's Day meal in a restaurant.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 11:29 PM   #6284  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies!

Wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day!
When requested to voice my wishes- lets stay home and grill or make salmon..... Too crazy at restaurants!
Ray will do our planting. No long trips planned so far. I will go to a letterboxing event in Michigan next weekend, and Memorial Day weekend, we are heading to Virginia to see Stephi. She is buying our CRV, so we will have to drive both the CRV and the Tesla. We are just getting used to the Tesla...have to watch some video's online to know all of the ins and outs.....
While we are in Va., Ray wants to try to sell Stephi's beat up Honda. It is in rough shape......insode and out.

Susan- No mow May- from the internet:
The start of the growing season is a critical time for hungry, newly emerged native bees. Floral resources may be hard to find, especially in urban and suburban landscapes. By allowing it to grow longer, and letting flowers bloom, your lawn can provide nectar and pollen to help your bee neighbors thrive.Mowing less creates habitat and can increase the abundance and diversity of wildlife including bees and other pollinators. One way to reduce mowing is by participating in No Mow April, No Mow May, or Low Mow Spring.

You don’t need to go a full month without mowing. Mowing every two or three weeks can increase flower blooms and provide food for hungry bees.

Ray is going nuts- and we will probably mow right after Mother's Day. Both neighbors are doing the same so far..... but the grass is getting long! LOL

Susan- you are a rock star going to Tori's events- so awesome. I can only imagine she will sing in college as well.....!

Off to bed!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2024, 02:24 AM   #6285  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Shelly, thank you for explaining No Mow May. I found that quite interesting.

Susan, since Tori will likely sing in college (as Shelly mentioned) you better hope she chooses a college close to home. Otherwise it might be challenging for you to go to the concerts.

Lynn, I hope things are calm this weekend with your parents.

Today is Brock's first softball game of the season. He's sooooo excited! He's been talking and talking about it. The church who does these had a HUGE 100th Anniversary celebration last weekend so this is a 3-week softball season instead of the usual 4. AND Brock will have to miss one week, since we'll be going out-of-state (if Daddy's situation allows all 3 of us to leave).

The cleaning lady also comes today. Plus Brent/Brock will go pick up a set of outdoor chairs I've purchased on FB Marketplace.

Did anyone see the pretty sky last night - they called it Northern Lights. Gorgeous!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2024, 04:20 AM   #6286  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning! Thanks for explaining Shelly. I had never heard of "No Mow" before. That was quite interesting. I can see how Ray is going nuts though since we have had so much rain the grass is growing like crazy! Jim would be going crazy too. We do try to have alot of pollinators in our yard. We have Many flowering crabs, ornamental plum, Flowering lilac tree and bushes a million blue bells, and arch angel. Plus so many more early spring perennial flowering plants and the bee's love it. We have milk weed too but had to learn to contain it a bit because that stuff leaps out of bounds right into the middle of your lawn and the next thing you know its everywhere. Jim was not a fan of that.

Oh Jeanette how fun to go to the Soft ball game! I bet Brock will have his best softball overalls ready! I know he loves this time of year when the games begin. I'll be rooting for him from a distance!
As for the lights? Nope..........First too cloudy here...Second I'm in too woody of an area so it was hard to get a clear view between the trees. I kept waking up all night long hoping I might catch a glimpse but no. If I was at the cabin with it's totally open sky I bet I would have had an awesome view. Glad you were able to see it though. I'm a tad jealous lol.

Well Jim got his glasses ordered and we managed to get out for a late lunch. Got home and we all took long naps we were so full. LOL Well except Nick. hahahaha I think he could have had room for more food. But he didn't need more jalapenos in his diet which apparently were in the chili. We went into Steinhöfel's Furniture Store too and now I got the bug to re-do the living room which of course does not need it but OMG they had such pretty stuff! Saw a beautiful Sage green leather recliner sofa that had a remote with heater and massage buttons. Oh my....I'd never leave the sofa. hahahaha It was sooooooo comfy AND had a matching Reclining Chair!!!!! Jeanette ...you would LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahahah

Ok it's Nick time. Lynn hope you have a wonderful day today and tomorrow. I'll probably be back later.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2024, 02:28 AM   #6287  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Yep, I don't usually show up on a Monday, but I had to come wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day!

Susan, funny thing is - until the Evil Chair, I was not a fan of recliners for the most part and I'd never been able to sleep in one. Now do I not only tend to nap in the Evil Chair, but I can also nap while reclining in "Lovey". It's CraZy!

Brock had a great time at the softball game - and enjoyed all FOUR of the Sausage Biscuits that he consumed after the game.

Brent's preaching at one of our churches today and then we'll come home and he'll grill our Mother's Day dinner - and he'll clean up, too. I'll probably spend some time with ink, but probably will take a nap, too - if I sit in that Evil Chair. ;)

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 04:20 AM   #6288  
Die Cut Diva

Yep I can tell you don't post on SUNDAYS cuz you referred to today as MONDAY! LOL Silly Goose!

I sure hope those sausage biscuits were slider size because 4 are quite a few! LOL So glad he had a great time.

Sounds like you have a perfect day planned for today.

Me? No plan at all. I'm just going to let the cards fall ......................no one has mentioned anything so I don't know who's making dinner but I know I'm not going to. LOL My luck Jim will wait til the last minute and then say Oh.......you didn't plan anything? Uhhhhhh...want pizza? UGHhhhhh....We shall see LOL.

Enjoy you day ladies!

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 11:25 PM   #6289  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

I guess it is Monday now...after Midnight, but wishing you all a belated Happy Mother's Day!
We went to church in the AM, and I caught up on Top Chef season 21 which is in Wisconsin this year. Katie came out for dinner and then we watched When calls the heart : ) Hope Valley is a small and sweet town...Hallmark show.... I fell asleep, so had to re-watch parts of it, and her I am up and energized! LOL

So sweet to see the pictures you posted of Brock in previous years playing ball in his overalls : ) Your town is awesome for him! We did not see Northern lights, but I guess some people did not actually see them, but took pictures of the sky and the color was there. I saw a hint of a pink/purple color, but that's all..... Guess I should have stayed up later- 3-4 AM was the time the best photos were taken!

I am going to be heading to Michigan for a letterboxing event next weekend, so I am watching You Tube video's... Ray wants me to take the Tesla..... Oh boy! I do not know what I do not know.... hate to learn by just diving in, but apparently I will deal with it! Katie will f=drive up early Saturday and letterbox with me, then will spend the night too. Fun!

LOL, Susan- yes, hope Tori goes to a close-by college so you can see her perform! So true Jeanette! How wonderful all of the concerts are in High School even and college too- so professional at early ages!

Hope you slept well and happy Monday! Are your Annual flowers now planted? Ray has 8 tomato plants in- nothing compared to what Jeanette plants.... but good for us!

Waving hello to Lynn- hope your weekend was good!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2024, 02:56 AM   #6290  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Yes, now it truly IS Monday. (color my face embarrassed)

Susan, I have to ask - how did yesterday's meal go??? I love you're "I'm not cooking" way of thinking but I sure hope Jim planned ahead.

Shelly, you have Jeanette beat - as I don't plant a single thing. I don't tend the garden's care. I don't pick the harvest. Sheesh! I don't even go look at the garden. I do enjoy what Brent brings home from the garden though! How fun to have another letterboxing event to participate in... and for Katie to join you. I hope all goes well with your solo drive with the Telsa!

Lynn, you're in my thoughts, too! I hope the weekend went smoothly and that you were able to enjoy celebrating Mother's Day with your mom!

Soooo what's everybody up to today? I'll go to the store and get some things for my dad and then go visit him mid-day. Not sure what else I'll get into. Mischief, most likely. ;)

I'm trying to get ahead on some DT things and such, as we'll be gone several days next week.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 06:01 AM   #6291  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Shelly!!! Boy I guess I'm confused I thought Ray was joining in on the Letterboxing. Ooops...guess I got things mixed up. LOL You and Katie will have a great time I'm sure and I bet you'll have the car thing figured out just fine.
I use to watch When calls the Heart too. Not quite sure when I stopped but it was probably sometime around that Lori Loughlin scandal when they pulled her from the show. I looked it up to maybe start binge watching but it seems you can get season 1 & 2 on Xumo but then Seasons 8 -11 are on peacock and all others are not available unless you buy them. crazy. So I guess I'll skip it.

Well Jeanette dinner was ok. He made Tequila Lime chicken on the grill though you could not taste either flavors but the chicken was still tasty. We then had Mexican rice an watermelon. Our evening was as quiet as the day. It did get quite warm here but I did not cave and the air was not turned on.
Todays plan is to finally finish up on that post I keep putting off on the easy peasy fancy fold I keep telling Lynn about and then I have coffee with Tori. Its suppose to rain this afternoon so It's a good thing I'm picking her up at the bus stop. At least she won't get soaked. You know she would melt if she did. LOL I would LOVE to talk Jim into new furniture but we all know that will never happen. I guess I get bored with stuff too quickly. After checking I have really only had current sofa for 5 years so I suppose I should still be satisfied................but the green one was soooooo pretty!!!!!!! Yep I'm whinning LOL.

Lynn did you have a nice Mothers day?

Hugs to all
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 07:00 AM   #6292  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whining? Will that lead to WINNING and getting new furniture, Susan?

Have fun keeping Tori dry today and enjoy the coffee time together. Our rain isn't to come until evening - and I'll be in where it's dry by then. I do have to go to the store and get some things for my dad in a bit and then go get him up for lunch. Other than that and fixing supper, I'll probably stamp the day away.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 09:04 PM   #6293  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy Monday night- may be Tuesday by the time I post.

I woke up this AM-miserable! very sore throat and it felt like there was a rock at the back of my throat...Glands all swollen.... Well, upon examination with a flashlight, my Uvula was vert swollen! I sipped tea and took an Ibuprofen, but my sister thought I should go to the ER, as strep is going around. So, I went to Urgent Care and had a swab for Covid and Strep- both negative thankfully. The doc thought virus vs allergies.... so gave me a dose of long acting steroids. Still very swollen and enlarged, but I did eat soup and then dinner, so I know I will live...LOL Threw a wrench in my plans.

I am working on finding a location for a Bridal shower thrown by 6 Aunts of the groom in September- up in the area where my sister lives. I was planning on going to Marengo today, but that did not happen..... I leave on Thursday for Michigan for the letterboxing event, Katie will join me Saturday.

Next week Thursday, Ray and I will head to Virginia/Maryland and I will attend an event there as well- Stephi and Ray will join. There will be letterboxing, and a potluck dinner and a sing a long with a DJ. The lady that is hostessing is celebrating her 20th Letterboxing Anniversary. She sounds really fun- have met her before on the trails : ) This will happen Memorial Day weekend. I have been to an event in Va before and met a few ladies and gents that will be attending this one- should be a riot!

Jeanette- I like your gardening- no look, just make food or can all of those great veggies! Lucky you to see Northern Lights- none here- too cloudy, when the clouds cleared, they were visible at 3 AM, I was in bed!

Susan- how sweet that you are able to spend so much time with Tori- coffee dates, even to take her to allergy shots- the chat in the car is awesome.

Lynn- hope you had a nice Mother's Day weekend - hope you did something special- good meal or something fun

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2024, 02:58 AM   #6294  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you're sick, Shelly! I'm thankful the test results were negative... and it's good the steroids are helping. Get well wishes heading your way. You need to get well pronto so as not to interfere with your letterboxing adventures!

Susan, I'll look forward to hearing your tales when you get here.

Lynn, I hope you're doing okay!

Sending hugs to all of you!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2024, 04:04 AM   #6295  
Die Cut Diva

I'm Speedin' through today! Nick has an early Dr appt and it's an hour drive so no time to sit and chit chat this morning.
Coffee was fun as usual. We talked all about how she wants to re-do her bedroom that she shares with Claire. In reality it's probably not going to happen to her liking since DIL has this thing where she wants everything matchy matchy and what Tori wants (more mature) is not what Claire wants (unicorns and kitty's). Tori wants Shabby Chic.......Claire is more cartoonish. Tori pale gold and sage Claire Hot Pink and Purple. Yep! Gonna be a challenge. The room is already paint divided with half yellow half pink so of course I'm making it a bit hard on DIL by buying Tori the bedding she wanted which matchs her side of the room (the yellow). Tori showed it to me yesterday its a quilt set in sage, cream and a dark gold very pretty. Very Shabby Chic looking and she loves it. DIL????? Well she can be mad at me later. LOL Isn't that what grandmas are for? To make grandkids happy? lol DIL doesn't want to paint the walls anyway so she can figure something out for Claire. Besides they don't HAVE to match. It will be fine. Besides.....the kids room is usually a hot mess and you'd never know there was a theme in the first place hahahahaha.

Shelly sorry your allergies got out of whack. That was probably the problem. Mine have been horrible this year. hope all clears up in time for your trip.

Lynn is all well on the home front?

Jeanette are ya busy today? Or is today a play day?

Ok gotta go
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2024, 05:31 AM   #6296  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 460 Likes on 349 Posts

Good morning, ladies!

I am doing pretty well this week, since Liz will be here for 8 FULL days. What a blessing that is going to be for me. I was beginning to get claustrophobic in my little craft cave/bedroom over at my folks' house. I am going to try to make it through the week without going over there one single time.

Jeanette, so fun to hear about Brock's wish list and his softball games. I find joy in the most simple things in life just like he does! He is my kind of guy! Your grilled Mother's Day dinner sounds divine!

Susan, I think that lovely sage green sofa recliner sounds like the ideal Mother's Day gift. I am sure that I have told you all that I sleep in a recliner almost every night. My favorite one I have moved into my craft cave at the folks' and my second favorite is in my living room here at home. I rarely get the urge to sleep in any of the beds. And Jim came through for you will grilled chicken even if you couldn't taste the tequila or the lime. I miss grilled foods!! I guess I need to learn how to do it!

Shelly, I sure hope those steroids kick in quickly so you can get to Michigan. Wishing you luck with your first solo adventure with your Tesla. I would be in a panic about finding charging stations. They are just not that visible around my parts. I see people driving electric cars, but don't know where they get them charged. We travel such long distances in Texas and there are gas stations on every corner, but not electric charging stations.

I received a distressing call from one of our neighbors Friday night. I noticed that his truck had been gone all week but assumed he was visiting his brother in Missouri. Turns out he is in the hospital in Houston. He has been battling congestive heart failure for a number of years, but it seems that he has reached a tipping stage. At a routine check-up his doctor discovered it is time to get more aggressive about his treatment and put him immediately in the hospital. He medical team will be voting today on whether is a candidate for an LVAD. If so they will do the open heart surgery needed to implant it before releasing him to come come. The kink in the plans is that he lives alone as his wife has been in a nursing home for a number of years. Both of them are in their early 70s and they have no children. He will be needing someone in the house with him for several weeks when he comes home. He is putting together a list of people to assist him with this. He is a retired teacher, active member of his church, and belongs to the Lions Club so several of these people have agreed to help. I will be helping as well as my schedule allows as will a few other neighbors. I feel so sad for him having to deal with all of this alone.

Working today on table decorations for the PW Birthday Luncheon on Sunday. Just throwing together things I have around the house. Shouldn't take too long. I found a recipe on Facebook that I will cook for the potluck luncheon. It's a pasta casserole that I think will be a hit!

Mother's Day was celebrated at the folks with Liz's youngest son, his wife and son, Liz and Mother and Daddy. J,K, and E brought in a catered Olive Garden lunch for us all and it was divine! Liz had made a Texas sheet cake for dessert and a grand time was had by all. On a sad note, we joined together to play games around the table in the afternoon, and it was obvious to all how much cognitive function my dad has lost in recent months. My mother refused to play at all although she is doing much better than my father.

Yesterday we have a brief spurt of sever weather blow through. Rain and hail. Fortunately is passed through quickly (20 minutes as the most) with about 10 golfball-sized chunks of ice hitting the house. No small ones at all. Across the street they had much more but much smaller. Weird!
Lots of small tree branches to clean up. Thankful there weren't more and that they weren't larger!!
So glad I am on the tree trimmer's list already to trim all my oaks in early June.

I am going to switch to private message to let you know how Mother's Day ended.

Talk to you soon, I hope, since I will be here at home for 5 more days!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2024, 01:44 AM   #6297  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hmmmm... I came back yesterday and read your posts, Susan and Lynn. AND I thought I commented, but must have forgotten to hit "Post" since I don't see a post from me. Duh! Some days I scare myself.

Shelly, I hope you're feeling MUCH better now!

Lynn, sending lots of hugs your way. And thanking God that Liz is there with your parents giving you a bit of breathing space! I hope your roof didn't suffer any damage. Sounds like the storm was a bit intense.

Susan, how did Nick's appointment go? I'm glad you were able to get Tori the bedding she loves. Hopefully DiL isn't upset about it. I actually took a mental health day yesterday... other than cooking supper, I mostly colored my way through the day.

Today is a new day and I'm ready to face it. I'll see my dad, but also need to do some shopping to.... after all, the special day is coming and I currently only have 6 green packages stashed away for safekeeping.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2024, 05:32 AM   #6298  
Die Cut Diva

Well Well Well................................I missed coming back yesterday and come back today and my eyes POP!!! WHAT THE HECK??????

Lynn I was so glad to see you pop on in and write a novel but omg.....no wonder you don't have time to relax. I guess your Happy Note was the beginning of Mothers Day. That sounded wonderful. Sorry your mom was being difficult by not wanting to play though. And the next 8 days of Liz will definitely be spirit lifting. Enjoy every minute. Sorry to hear about your neighbor though. It must be hard to be alone going through all that but it sound like he has alot of outside support. You know the old saying when we were raising our kids how it "Takes a Village"? Well that also applies to Seniors. We need to look out for our neighbors too and help where we can no matter how small our efforts are because it still takes a Village. I'm sure just you passing on one of your yummy meals would be greatly appreciated.
Isn't weather weird? One time I remember my neighbor and I chatting on the phone (yeah I know dumb cuz we lived right across the street but our babies were sleeping) and the skies opened up and it poured on her side of the road but not mine. We were laughing like crazy at the event. Too bad we couldn't prove it to anyone but other stay at home moms on our street due to the fact that we didn't have the invention of cell phones yet lol. Your hail size sounds scary though.

Nicks appt went fine. All is well. We then went out and bought him all new cloths. Literally. I got so tired of him wearing the same stuff that over the weekend I literally opened every drawer and bagged every single shirt, pant, short, and pj he owned and then called AMVETS. The kid NEVER wears out or out grows his cloths. A few years ago I had to tell people to quit buying him cloths for Christmas and Bdays cuz his room was busting at the seams. So I bagged (ok washed first) everything and we went on a Nick shopping spree. Somethings really needed to be replaced like zipper front hoodies. His were all smalls and he needs larges due to maneuvering in the wheelchair but guess what? There are NONE in the 3 stores we went to. UGHHHHH. All were pullover hoodies which won't work due to his CP on left side. We still have to get a few more things but we made a dent.

DIL doesn't know about the bedding yet Jeanette. I know I'm probably gonna be in a bit of trouble but heres my plan. Toris Bday is next Wednesday so since she will still be in school (last day I think) I was going to go to their house strip her bed, I bought her new sheets, a new pillow and of course the bedding set, so I was going to the re-make the bed, place a card on the pillow and then leave. Then when she comes home from school it'll be all set up for her. Great plan....even if I do get in trouble. But hey....how long can DIL stay mad right? Hahahahaha
Now lets see....................is Brocks Monday? or Sunday? Don't worry.....you're too far for me to re-make his bed! LOL
Hows daddy doing????? Did he cause the mental heath day? I swear I think we all need a mental health day. Maybe we should pick a day!

Shelly how are you feeling? Any better? Sure hope so since the weekend is coming and you have things to do. With more rain coming in tomorrow maybe it'll wash more of the pollen away from here.

Well now I need coffee so I'll chat later

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2024, 07:03 AM   #6299  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I love your plan! Tori is going to love it, too... and DiL will love seeing the smile on her face! I'm glad Nick's appointment went well and what fun to get him new clothes. I hope you find the hoodies you need, soon.

Brock's day is Monday, but we'll take him out to eat on Sunday. He'll like that - 2 days of celebrating! You can re-make his bed if you like; I wouldn't mind a bit - but you better hang around to chat a bit if you do. NO SNEAKING OFF!

The mental health day wasn't daddy this time. I have too many children. LOL! 'nuf said.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 02:56 AM   #6300  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Today is going to be a different kind of day for me. Have I ever mentioned that we never have company? It's true. The last time anyone came to our house to visit was probably 4 months or more ago and before that it had been longer than that. Soooo... I'm a bit apprehensive about today. Our state women's leader (who I also consider a friend) contacted me two days ago and wants to stop by for coffee today. Now, that's not just a "stop by" as she lives 3 hours away. Hmmmm... I wonder what this is about?!?!?!?

I guess time will tell.

I went shopping or Brock's boat-load of Birthday gifts yesterday - I still need to wrap them - and had a good visit with Daddy. He's having a pretty good week so far.I hope that continues and we three are able to go on our trip next week.

How are all of you doing?

Shelly, are you feeling all better now? I sure hope so! You leave tomorrow, right?

Lynn, I'm praying for you and your family! I was thankful to receive your latest PM.

Susan, I loved seeing your blog post. WOW!

Sending much love to all of you and wishes for a GREAT day!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 04:10 AM   #6301  
Die Cut Diva

Ooooooo.................Company!!!! FUN! Have a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear all about it. Good thing you're all "Cool, Calm, and Collective after your mental health day and that Daddy has been good so todays visit will be a wonderful one for sure. Today is my mental health day. I plan on sippin' tea...turning off phone and computer after breakfast (Oh my) and doing NOTHING. My brain needs to decompress of stuff. Guess we all need one of those days lol. Too many children? hahaha I get that ...along with too many adults that act like children (snicker snicker). It's also so hard to worry about kids when they don't live at home AND they are adults and do what they want anyway. I try talking some of my old lady wisdom into Tori during our coffee times and I tell her that some of this stuff I told her dad when he was younger and he just blew me off but he's now noticing I was right so sometimes you should believe what older people say. Her response...."yeah well you tell me cool stuff, my dad just yells abunch of dumb stuff". Oy Vey! LOL.
Jeanette I bet you have a boat load of gifts to wrap! Brock is going to be so excited. Simple pleasures.....love it.

Shelly are you packing? The weekend is here. Have a wonderful time though I know you will. You have more energy than the Energizer Bunny!

Lynn I hope you're still taking advantage of total self care this week. Big Hugs.

Well my time has come to go get Nick and shut down for the day. Hope everyone has a great one. Mine hopefully will be full of peace and quiet. And Jeanette will be practicing her hostessing skills!!

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 04:10 AM   #6302  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Heading to my son's house today to check on DIL. I talked with her last night and will drive her to a school event she had planned for her students. She won't get to stay all day but will get to enjoy that little bit of end-of-school fun!!

My doctor's visit went as expected: you gained weight, you need to exercise and take better care of yourself. He adjusted a few meds and will see me in three months to check for improvements.

After our recent storm, I finally got my gutters cleaned from this year's load of oak leaves. My yard guy also cleaned all the store debris from the roof and the driveway and yard. So very happy for that. Can't wait until the tree trimmer arrives in June to lift up my canape and remove all the threatening branches from my neighbor's rooves and my own. Then I am going to try one more time to resod my front yard.

I finished the PW Birthday decorations for the church tables for Sunday. They are simple but cute, I think. Will go down tomorrow to decorate.

I an falling horribly behind on blogging!! My apologies to all.

Hope to see pictures of Brock's green birthday and Tori's birthday bedroom!!

I think something big is in the works for you, Jeanette with that special visit!!

Putting my suitcase in the car and heading out! Just heard from my son. I will be spending the night there and heading home tomorrow.

LOOK AT ME. Typing with Susan AGAIN!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 04:12 AM   #6303  
Die Cut Diva

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Before I closed I noticed Lynn and I were back in Sync!!!!!! Welcome back to the GROOVE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 05:24 AM   #6304  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You two!

Impressive!!!

Lynn, have a safe trip. You will be a blessing to your DIL! I hope you also have an enjoyable time while away.

Susan, decompress. But know you'll be missed. We'll see you soon, right?

Shelly, like Susan, I hope the packing is going well. The weekend is nearly here.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2024, 01:51 AM   #6305  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving inky Friends!

​​​​​​
Lynn, are you okay? I heard there were some brutal storms in Texas... I know it's a big state and could have been far from you - but I still have to ask.

Susan, are you awake yet?!?!?!

Shelly, have a great letterboxing trip!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2024, 05:02 AM   #6306  
Die Cut Diva

The Party to which you wish to speak is still sleeping. Bleep Bleep. This is a Susan-Bot. I do not compute. Bleep Bleep. Please insert proper code to awaken party to which you wish to speak. Bleep Bleep. All information will be recorded and fee's are required to be paid in full via very strong coffee before process can be completed. Bleep Bleep.

Please wait while your request is being processed. Bleep Bleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Forest Ranger (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 05:31 AM   #6307  
Die Cut Diva

Ahhhhhh. COFFEE! Good Morning World. Or is it? Lynn? Did those storms hit you guys too or did they stay up in Houston? I just saw video's on CBS of the 100 mph winds and electric towers taken down and bricks ripped off of a building. Tons of damage and some lives loss. So tragic. I do hope you were all spared.

Hello Jeanette. Are you doing great this morning? Are children behaving? Young and old? Whats the plan of the day besides laundry? Any play time?

Shelly??? Are you better? Are you packed??? Have a great time! Hope to hear all about your adventure soon.

Me? Well Out today to get Nick some new Pants. We did not get those the other day so todays the day. Then paper playtime. Working on a Shabby Chic Junk Journal Pocket thingy. Man I have no idea what to call these things. Ephemera's? Embellie Envelopes? I don't know. Anyway all I know is they're just kind of fun to make even though I don't do journals. LOL I'll probably Happy Mail them. Alot of times I just make things for the sake of making them not because I want them for myself. I will also need to clean up the table area because I think I'm getting the kids for a sleepover tomorrow. All hinges on Claire as today she complained of her throat hurting (could be her allergies) but then started dry heaving (good grief). So we shall see what tomorrow brings. If I have them I'll also need a craft. Good thing the craft room is stocked! LOL

Have a great day. Do you think Lynn is typing? Hmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2024, 01:32 PM   #6308  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, you are a goof ball. At least you are before coffee. Hmmm... laundry was mostly finished yesterday. I did have to loads of bibbed overalls to do this morning.

Brent and Brock left shortly after lunch to take Hot Sauce to the dealer... so I wrapped 30 birthday presents. Yep, 30.

Now I'm chilling just a wee bit awaiting their return home. Then I'll fix a simple supper.

Oh no! I sure hope Claire will be feeling all better sooner than soon!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2024, 02:37 AM   #6309  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

I'm talking quietly this morning. I learned yesterday that Susan doesn't do well when I wake her too early. ;)

Sending weekend hugs your way!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2024, 05:07 AM   #6310  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning! I'm up! Hmmmm 30 gifts? Is there a reason for that number? I know he like alot and I know how the system works like a pack of gum is 1 gift, a bag of circus peanuts another, etc. I'm just wondering if "30" has a meaning? Pretty sure he's older than 30 right? Or am I mistaken? Is this his BIG 30?

Well I really need to get busy today and get things ready for having the kids here since I did none of that yesterday. I was really busy yesterday. Just not doing that. We went out to Burlington Coat Factory and got Nick a few pairs of pants, me a neon orange purse with sparkles, some copic looking markers for the kids for here and for up at the cabin and then we went to Cabelas so Jim could get new jeans and a few new (bigger) shorts. Then came home and I wanted to work on those envelope thingies which ticked me off.
Here's my story.......ready? Cuz I'm made at Lipton Tea. Ok I'm made at tea companys. So a friend of mine sent me a video of these cute recycled tea envelopes from lipton tea that are turned into Shabby Chic little envelopes that you can put little die cuts in or maybe some sequins in or something. They were super cute after you gesso'ed, splattered, added blings and stuff. I loved them and really wanted to play with the re-cycle/re-use idea BUT nooooooo. Lipton at least what I had, no longer individually wrapped each bag in a little envelope. So I opened another box that I had. Nope same thing...4 sleeves of 25 bags wrapped in gold cello. Dang it. So I went to all my other teas and nothing had envelopes. Some had pouches but you had to rip those open they were not envelopes. So while we were out yester I bought a few different brands of tea that looked like they may have envelopes (someone on Lets make cards suggested Twinings) but none of them were envelopes either so now I have an "Ocean Liner" full of tea and no envelopes!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So frustrating. Yes I could make faux envelopes but that doesn't give me the "Hey look what I did with a re-cycled tea envelope" feeling. Grrrrrrrrrrrr again.
OK Off soap box.

What are you doing today Jeanette?

Lynn you are enjoying your final days alone and deserving every moment! Hugs to you.

Shelly, assuming you're on your way and ready to have a great time. Stay safe and have fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2024, 05:13 AM   #6311  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, that was quite the adventure. On Thursday I drove my DIL to her school so she could be present for a special party she had planned for some of her award-winning readers in her library at the school. There were snacks, trinkets, and a magician. They loved it and were awe-struck by the magic tricks.

Then the day got crazy. We drove into Houston to have dinner together with my granddaughter, her husband, and the baby. We had just been received our food at Mia's Table when the big storm hit and we were right smack dab in the middle of it all. It seemed like hurricane winds and rain and within 2 minutes the power was out and we sat locked in the dark restaurant with about 100 other frightened guests for about 45 minutes. We were seated in the center section but the wall to the left of us was all windows so we got to watch awnings, furniture, and trees blow by. My DIL said, "I don't think this is what my doctor had in mind when she said, Avoid any added stress.'" The storm passed through quickly and we were able to head home but all traffic lights were out making it very challenging at 10 lane intersections with rude, impatience drivers to get home safely. Lots of destruction was seen along the freeway. Turned out granddaughter's home was in the hardest hit area. They didn't have a damage, but will be without electricity for at least 2 weeks. With temps scheduled to be in the 90s next week, they will be moving out to the country with my son and his wife.

Yesterday I drove DIL back into Houston (southside this time) to check in with her primary care doctor. The rest of the day was spent playing with the baby. My son had driven in and picked him and his father up after a very hot night with no air-conditioning. I headed back home in the early evening.

Wishing Susan and Shelly safe travels and lots of fun!! Jeanette, I know you all with have a blast on Brock's birthday!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2024, 05:34 AM   #6312  
Die Cut Diva

OMG Lynn! Never in a million years did I think you were anywhere near Houston! For Petes Sake you were suppose to stay put to relax while Liz took the reigns! LOL.... Yes I knew you were taking DIL but somehow I thought she was just a Hop Skip and a Jump away. Not all the way up in Houston. Thank heavens you guys were ok. I saw videos of that storm! No way I'd want to be that close to see it from a window. Glad granddaughters home was spared and that only issue will be power though that does mean food spoilage but that is way better than home damage. Prayers for all who lost a great deal during all that. I am so glad you made it out safely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2024, 11:16 AM   #6313  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn, I had feared you were near the storm, wasn't sure you'd be that close though. I am glad you were safe - even if it was in the dark and much to stressful. And I'm thankful your granddaughter's home was spared!!! We have Disaster Relief teams in Houston - they were already there accessing an earlier storm. It looks like they'll have a lot of work to tend to.

Susan, I'm giggling about all of that tea. Okay, you're likely not giggling, but I am. No, there's really no reason for 30. I don't even count them until I wrap them... but if I'd known there were that many I likely would have gotten and wrapped 9 more, as Brock will be 39 on Monday. He's insisting he'll unwrap his gifts on Sunday though, since that's the day we're taking him out to eat. He wants to go to Golden Corral and the closest one is in Evansville Indiana (1 1/2 hours away) so it's kind of challenging to do that after a work day since Brock likes to shower at 7:30 and then go to bed.

I went to see my dad today - but he wouldn't get up. I've also worked on cards. I still have several that need to be made before we leave Friday morning. I better get to it!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2024, 12:09 AM   #6314  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​

Brock enjoyed his day yesterday - he's such a joy! So easy to please. And a day early really doesn't matter to him. LOL!

I hope you had a good weekend and are now ready for a new week! Hugs!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2024, 03:54 AM   #6315  
Die Cut Diva

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2024, 06:47 AM   #6316  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Awww, thanks, Susan! I'll show your greeting to Brock when he gets home this afternoon!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 01:45 AM   #6317  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, Brock loved the colorful birthday greetings. I also told him how popular he is on FB - though I'm sure he didn't really know what that meant. LOL!

I failed miserably at getting Daddy up yesterday - he wasn't budging from his bed. He's not eating enough and continues to lose weight... but he also refuses to drink the Ensure the doctor recommended. He is drinking lots of Pepsi, which gives him calories but no nutrition.

I will go again today to try to get him up for lunch; wish me luck!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 04:15 AM   #6318  
Die Cut Diva

Hello. I want to type in peace this morning so I will be back. Good luck with daddy Jeanette.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 06:59 AM   #6319  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan........... come back!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 10:23 AM   #6320  
Die Cut Diva

OMG.....MEN! Lets jst say they say women are hard to understand? HA!

Squirrel!
We're going to finally go open the cabin I think on thursday. Lots to do before we leave so I believe my posts will be short. I think we'll be gone a week then back here for Tori's Bday party and play before we go back to get ready for the July festivities. Sure hope we don't run into any cabin issues when we open. Tomorrow is Tori's actual bday so I hope to get over ther early in the AM to strip her bed and re-make it will all the new bedding I got. Did I mention I also got sheets and a new pillow and extra throw pillow? Yep it's cool. LOL She has a half day tomorrow though due to finals so I need to do it early ughhhh.
\
Jim went to dentist, icing on cake, has 2 cavities and one is under his crown so now hes in "Super Duper" great mood, VS the "Super" great mood he was previously in. The dude is soooooo in male menopause!

Well I need to go get things gathered to pack van. Jeanette so glad Brock enjoyed his day. We're 30 gifts enough? LOL

Waving to Lynn and Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes