Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-01-2024, 01:43 PM   #6161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,069 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Susan, things lined up well for all of us, then, since you didn't have time to prank us! ;)

I loved reading your tales of Easter; especially the one about Jack. It sure sounds like he was having fun... but I still hope the insides of those eggs could be enjoyed. Smashed chocolate might be a challenge. LOL!

Our Easter was good - exhausting, but good. I did manage a nap, late afternoon.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2024, 02:11 PM   #6162  
Die Cut Diva

Received 950 Likes on 871 Posts

AH................no naps here yesterday lol. Also lucky for us we didn't fill many eggs with chocolates. The ones we did fill with chocolate were the ones we had in the clued scavenger hunt before the "Willie Nillie" just go crazy get the eggs hunt. Those eggs had things like wrist bands, rub on tattoos, pencil eraser's etc so no harm done. Did the farm do a hunt? Did Brock get to fill his pockets of his overalls? If they didn't I bet he would have enjoyed it here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 01:53 AM   #6163  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

​​​​​​

What fun, Susan. The "farm" did have an Easter Egg hunt for their grandkids - it was exciting to watch. So many little ones!!! Brock would have loved participating in your hunt.

Today is packing day! Oh, and laundry and cooking a special birthday dinner for Brent, and making the homemade noodles for the soup we'll have at the retreat on Thursday night, and going to visit my dad, and... well, you get the picture. It's going to be a VERY busy day!

My plan is to leave at sunrise or shortly thereafter in the morning, so I'll not be here on SCS again after today until next Tuesday. Fun times ahead!

Oh... and last night Brent got to snooping around to see what the hotel status would be on my route home. Well.... the Eclipse that is sweeping through our area caused a lot of sold-out conditions. We decided to go ahead and make me a reservation (it's a bit further from home than I'd hoped for) in fear that I'd not be able to find a room if I waited. Yikes! I sure hope I don't get bogged down in Eclipse traffic on the way home because I really want to get home in time for the Eclipse on Monday. Wish me luck.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 05:29 AM   #6164  
Die Cut Diva

Geeze I'm gonna be alone again???????? Naturally!!!!! Is this the retreat Shelly also goes to??? I thought you guys were going up north not down south. I'm so confused! Well I guess I better get ready to start talking to my imaginary friends! I know Lynn is listening but she's pretty darn busy so I don't think she'll be popping in but I understand that. I'll just be a "Ramblin' Rose" over here.
Have a safe trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 05:57 AM   #6165  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan. Yes, Shelly will be at the retreat, too. Yes, it is north - in Waunakee Wisconsin. Did I say south? If so, I'm sorry. I'll not have a problem getting to the retreat (well, except maybe some snow). It's coming home (south) that will bring me into the eclipse area.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 07:27 AM   #6166  
Die Cut Diva

Oh my mistake. I guess I assumed you were going south since you mentioned going through the eclipse viewing area and hotels being booked. Out here they are saying that the best areas for viewing is for us Chicagoians would be down south in Indiana or Carbondale area since prime is even further south and figuring how you already live out that way there would be no need for you to need a hotel in those areas. So I thought you were headed further south where others are headed for the prime viewing. Enjoy your trip....Wave as you drive by................................................ ..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 07:40 AM   #6167  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I'll drive through Rockford... so will have to wave frantically for you to see me that far away. We are right smack dab in the perfect viewing area where we live. The town is have weekend long party for the masses they expect will arrive to see the eclipse. It's going to be absolutely wild. I'll drive "around" our town on our way home; not through it. It will be a few more miles doing that but I think the traffic will be better doing so. Time will tell.

My need for a hotel is because it's about an 11-hour drive and Brent is insisting I stop and spend the night along the way. If he weren't so insistent I'd just drive home. But it would make me very late, as we don't get over at the retreat until mid-afternoon.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 10:41 AM   #6168  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 461 Likes on 350 Posts

Sounds like a wonderful Easter was had by all. Here it was a quiet lunch of chicken and dressing with lots of sides. Just Mother and Daddy and me. Thank goodness for my Frameo! I received pictures of Beckett in the wildflowers and running wild in the country! Made my day. Great church service with triple the usual attendance .

Busy week last week with doctor visits and health care issues. Ended up buying a lift recliner at the doctor's suggestion. What a help it has been making life easier for my dad. This week (I don't know how it is possible) will be even more doctor visits and health care for both parents.

Dreaming of the days I got to go to crafting events!! Jeanette and Shelly, I am so delighted that you get to make this trip again this year!! What fun and merriment await you!!

Susan, I bet you have that mud up and out of the carpet already!! So funny that you would be the one to break the magic spell! LOL!!

Took my dress for the wedding over to a friend's house this morning to be altered. Just 10 short days until I get to make the weekend trip to my youngest granddaughter's wedding. Liz's husband is going to come to help with my parents' care so that Liz and I can go to the wedding together!
It is our only road trip together in over two years. I have missed all the special events in her family and she has missed all the special events in my family, because one of us always has to be here. Don is such a kind soul to do this for us!

Cooking today: a crock pot of carrots, a bowl of potato salad, and a spiral ham. Most (except for the potato salad) will be packed off to the freezer for future meals.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2024, 01:39 PM   #6169  
Die Cut Diva

Oh Jeanette I wish I lived by YOU!!!! I wanted to be closer to the events of the eclipse but I will take what I can get I guess. I did get the glasses for the whole family incase we need them. Ok I guess 11 hours is a long ride.....I'd stop for the night too lol. Heck I'm ready to stop after 6 hrs.

Lynn I've heard those chairs can be great once people learn how to use them. You'll have to let us know how it works out for your dad. A quiet Easter is not bad when you are able to receive pics via that frame thing. That's another item I have heard are great. My girl friend has one and gets photos of her grands all the time over it. She loves it. We had alot of Left over ham (on purpose) since we cooked 2 large hams. Sent a bunch home with all the kids for their families and kept the rest for us. I used the food saver and "Air suckered out" for the freezer LOL. Love that machine!!! Let me see what does Bridget call those extra church people????? "Chris Easters" I believe. LOL those who attend church twice a year Christmas and Easter. She once made a statement ( while we were talking about church) one time to my sister about walking through the doors and who does she see? Chris Easters! To which my sister says "Never heard of him? Is he a friend of your family? Hahahahahahaha

Anyway..........................gotta go make dinner. Lynn you are probably way ahead of me since you have had the crock pot going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2024, 04:27 AM   #6170  
Die Cut Diva

Well Good Morning. I'm here doing nothing with nothing really planned. It is snowing which is crazy seeing how it's April and all my daffodils are in full bloom and all the bluebells are getting ready. I sure hope this doesn't mess things up.

Jeanette and Shelly are probably driving through this stuff right now. Well maybe. Since I don't know exactly when they are arriving at the retreat. I know Jeanette said it was an 11 hour drive for her and she was leaving early this morning but I'm less then 2 hrs away I think from the final destination so she is probably nowhere near hear yet.

Lynn hope this week isn't too crazy for you. Pop in when you can

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2024, 08:11 AM   #6171  
Die Cut Diva

Hello?.....Self? Yes, I'm here. Oh good...how are you? I'm doing good, how about you? Well not too bad. Today I get my hair cut or shall I say trimmed. Nice! At least you have something to do today. Enjoy your time out. I will....you have a nice day too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2024, 05:22 AM   #6172  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Self! Got my hair cut yesterday and my hairdresser confirmed there are more "Sparkles on top than I thought. They're in the back too! Oh my! I had finally confessed to my nagging sister up north that it was happening and of course she needed proof. She of little faith in me lol. So I sent a pic to which she replied wow you are looking more and more like mom. I just knew out of all of us that I was going to be the one since both of my sister have more of my dads features. Kind of funny though you put Dawn and I side by side and we look pretty close alike except 1 blonde (white or yellow depending on her hairdressers job lol) and the other brunette (light or dark depending on my mood and add some purple in there too lol) But have us stand alone and she looks more like dad and I like mom.
Today I want to try another fancy fold card though that means bring all my stuff back up. Yep Jim will be thrilled.
So Self whats new with you?
Well..........Susan, I will be going to the Downton Abbey Exhibit this weekend with a friend. Can't wait to see all the fancy schmancy castle stuff. I also heard a new movie will be coming out soon too.
Oh Self that IS exciting! It is my favorite show. I'll see you there since I'm going too. Are you ready for the eclipse?
Yes I am! I have my glasses and the weather just might cooperate. Fingers crossed. Well Susan I have to go have fun trying a new fold. Can't wait to see it.
Yes, you have a great friday. Here's hoping Jeanette and Shelly are enjoying their time crafting and gabbing. I wonder if they sit near each other? I know if I were there They'd probably be hiding from me as I'd be doing more gabbing than crafting LOL.

Hi Lynn hope your week went well without too many bumps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2024, 08:47 AM   #6173  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Susan!! Sorry to leave you here all alone for so long!! Such is my life, too much to do and too little time. I have to hit the ground running at 9:00 when the care-giver arrives and my car turns back into a pumpkin (like Cinderella's coach) when the clock strikes 3! Throw in 3 days with doctor's appointments which changes free time from 12:00 to 3:00 and life gets crazy around here. All my errands have to fit into those blocks of time! We are all lucky I haven't killed anyone on the streets taking the corners on two wheels.

The lift-recliner is working out so well. My dad has it mastered and the difference in his ability to get himself up and moving is remarkable. Of course, my mother says, "I'd rather have a new freezer."

Hope your hair turned out just like you like it!! I always love haircuts (I'm sure because my hair-dresser knows me and my hair so well). I drove to 3 stores before I found glasses for the solar eclipse. Academy for the score. When I got back home, my neighbor asked me if I knew where to get eclipse glasses. I handed him mine and headed back to the store! Now the weather man is predicting clouds and rain for us on Monday! We may miss the whole dang thing!

Have an awesome time at the Downton Abbey Exhibit! What a marvelous adventure for you and your friend! Don't forget to buy the T-Shirt!

Hope the two stampin' gals are having a blast!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2024, 01:04 PM   #6174  
Die Cut Diva

Oh no problem Lynn. Just thought I'd throw some humor into my posts by talking to my self and having my self answer. lol. I have been going to the same hair dresser for a few years now after my last one of 15 years moved too far for me to go to. My current one knows my hair quite well but this time I asked to go a bit softer on the spikes on top but spikier (is that a word) across the back bottom. I don't like the straight across on me looks too boyish. She did a perfect job as usual. Oh no on the weather for Monday. There is still time for a change. You never know it could pivot. How wonderful that the chair is working out for your dad and that he's getting around better because he can get in and out of it. Too funny about moms comment but that would have been me. hahahaha I'd rather have the freezer too.
Hey you be careful Zooming around town. We don't want to hear about any accidents. I will for sure have a great time at the Downton Abbey thing. And if they have Tshirts you can bet I'm getting one hahahahaha.
Have a great weekend. Hope it not too hectic.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2024, 12:48 PM   #6175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so thrilled that we can always count on you to bring the humor, Susan!! I LOVE it!

I've been knocking off bits and pieces of the goals I have set to get finished this week. Some of them are HAVE TO and others just want to! So far I am alternating back and forth between the two lists which makes it more fun!

Right now I am in the middle of a want to finishing 5 dozen of my grandmother's sugar cookies.
Here's the recipe if anyone wants to give it a try.

Barry Austin's Sugar Cookies
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of Crisco shortening
4 eggs
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of lemon extract (or flavor of choice - today I used almond)
4 cups of flour

Mix just until blended. Use small cookie scoop to drop onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a small glass dipped in course sugar. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes.

Tonight: CMT Awards from Austin, Texas. Yee Haw!!

Can't wait to hear about Jeanette and Shelly's crafting adventure tomorrow!!

Hope we get to see the eclipse!! We have our glasses and are ready!! Holding out for Mother Nature to cooperate!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2024, 09:45 PM   #6176  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello! I have been reading the thread on my phone, but it locked me out for entering the wrong password.... I have the computer set to sign in automatically.....
The retreat was great. The lady that coordinates it , Barb, had quite the goodie bag and door prizes for us! We did a shoebox swap, a door prize giveaway and a white elephant exchange (with stealing)......
The lady that owns the gather house is a SU demo, so I bought a few glues, dimensionals, etc... she sells paper by the sheet and DSP. We can use her sets and dies... and she has card kits where we can make a card for a small cost too. Since she knows barb, she also joined in the shoebox swap.
I did not get enough sleep, and here I am up late again....! Finishing an audiobook tonight..... I think my sinus' are not happy- hoping this does not turn into a sinus infection!
My brother says the Dallas area is mobbed with people, shortage of gas and groceries too. People are there for the eclipse- and the forecast is for cloudy skies.......We saw an eclipse in COlorado in October with sky darkening... so we'll see what our skies have to offer from our own yard!
Lynn- your Sugar cookie recipes look fantastic!
Susan- loved your posts where you were chatting with yourself. Sorry I could not keep up!

Hugs
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2024, 02:46 AM   #6177  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

I'm back! Refreshed. Inspired. Spoiled. It was the best time!!! Crafting with 11 friends - this was the 2nd year this exact group was together for the retreat, so we all knew each other before we arrived. This is such a fun group of women... plus one guy! My buddy Harley! He's the cutest little dog who loved the sunny spot by my crafting table - and the cheese I offered him from time to time. The SWAG bag of goodies was amazing, as was the White Elephant gift I received. The extra goodies Barb put on our craft tables each morning. The class led by Sarah from The Paper Cut was great. WOW! I can't say enough good things about my time away.

I was home in time for the Eclipse yesterday - we live in the 100% totality area so watched from our front yard. It was amazing... the best part was when our 77-year-old neighbor got home after watching it in town and was so excited. He said it was the first time he'd seen one. The excitement in his voice thrilled me!

I'm mostly unpacked (other than a bin of new things that need to be added to my inventory before I put them away). i also started the laundry yesterday. And cooked my guys a meal of DH's choosing.

Today I have a doctor's appointment and will see my dad so my mid-day is tied up. I'll work on that inventory job this morning... and laundry, of course. After supper I'll spend some time with paper and ink.

Susan... your posts cracked me up! Especially the comment "I'll see you there since I'm going too." How are things going with that fun fold card - I'm thinking it's still a work in progress, since that's the way you create. Shelly and I did sit fairly close at the retreat - but she turned her back on me the whole time we were creating. Can you believe that? I don't know what I did either. LOL! I bought the most amazing marker storage piece from her (we have a little rummage sale area at the retreat). It was my best purchase the entire time I was gone.

Lynn, you be careful out there on 2 wheels. Sounds like you're whizzing around in a frenzy! I'm glad your dad's lift chair is working out well for him. (My dad loves his - calls it his "Cadillac Chair". Too bad your mom didn't get her freezer though. *giggling

Shelly, it was such fun to see your back the past few days! ;) I am glad you had a safe trip home! I'm already looking forward to seeing you again next year!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 04:17 AM   #6178  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so thrilled that the two of you had an awesome time at the stamping retreat, Jeanette and Shelly! Time spent with dear friends with similar talents is a rare treat indeed.

I am in the run up to the wedding week. That means no care giver except for Wednesday until we leave for Hillsboro. We have moved the rest of her work hours to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Soooooooooooooooo much to do and added in another doctor visit for Daddy today. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!

We got brief glimpses of the eclipse through occasional breaks in the clouds, but did not get to experience the darkness. Bummer!

You probably won't see me much at all this week.

Good morning, Susan. Are we typing together again?
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 05:34 AM   #6179  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Lynn....no I was being a slacker then I had to tend to Nick. Oh my wedding time already! Goodness...easy does it Lynn don't get too exhausted for the fun to come. You can do it!!! I'll be your "Cheer Leader" Just don't expect me to do any high kicks, jumps, splits, awwwww...heck maybe just expect a wave and a clap! I think that's all this "Old" lady can do LOL. BTW I did jot down the cookie recipe. Looks like one Nick would love. He is definitely a cookie love. I saw how certain parts of Texas was lucky and got to see the eclipse other parts not so lucky.

Shelly how dare your phone lock you out of SCS! LOL Just kidding. I did not expect you gals to comment here while you were away. So glad you had fun. Sounds like you bout some goodies too. Much needed I'm sure (wink wink) Watch those sinus's.....allergies here for me over the weekend have been brutal. I don't know what was in the air but OMG I was a hot mess last Thursday Friday, and Saturday and on Sunday took a ton of meds to make it through the Downton Abbey exhibit. Yesterday was better.

Jeanette....my oh my...there you go....making people turn their backs on you. What did you do NOW! I told you to be a "good girl" but Nooooooo....you just don't listen! LOL So it sound like you had fun! As I have said before I would never get anything done at one of those things because I'd be gabbing too much. I'd be much better at teaching a class or going station to station helping out with techniques to be able to keep my gift of gab going. But for me to just sit and create when there is a room full of people I could be talking to instead....well I would choose talking over creating so these retreats would never work for me. I'd be kicked out within the first hour. Like I said I'd have to be a non stop teacher. hahahahaha.
I have 2 fun fold card planned for my crafting with the ladies on Saturday. 1 is new to me that I saw from a blogger I follow and get her emails monthly. If you subscribe she does a video of her new fold which you can buy the PDF later with exact measurements. I ofcourse watch the video and figure it out. I'm almost done with that one. The other card is one I've done before but the ladies haven't and it's a trellis card. I just need to cut all those pieces out. I may or may not find a third. We'll see.
Whewwwww....so glad I don't have to talk to "Self" anymore. I mean she was ok but....Shhhhh don't tell her but....she kind of lacks in the conversation mode! Really needs to work on her "people" skills.
So Jeanette how did Brock like the Eclipse??? I want to hear his comments. Bet they were a hoot! Never got dark here. We were at 94%. It was still cool to see. We did have a temp drop and it got a bit breezy. One thing I noticed was how quiet it became. I could no longer hear any distant noises. Like sometimes you can hear the hum of a bus going up one of the hills or a truck or the birds just weird.

Guess I better get stuff done here. Have a productive day!

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:26 AM   #6180  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

We're to have rain most of the day. Does that mean I get to stay inside and play with paper/ink all day?

Lynn, the prep for your parents' needs so you can be away for the wedding must seem exhausting, as well as getting things ready for you to be gone. I hope you aren't too overwhelmed to enjoy the time away. It will be here soon. I'm praying everything goes smoothly and you are able to have a great time!

Susan, I must have misbehaved immediately because Shelly turned her back on me as soon as she got there. Maybe she'll give you a hint of what I did, because I'm clueless. Are you suggesting you might be a distraction with all the gabbing if you were there? Surely not! Can you imagine what it would be like if we were sitting at side-by-side tables. Sheesh! We wouldn't get a thing done.

Shelly, have you managed to get everything put away from the retreat? I still have a few things that haven't managed to be put away yet. I hope to get that taken care of today. We'll see how that goes.

Have a great day, my friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 02:04 AM   #6181  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Hmmmm... I guess now it's my turn to talk to myself.

Nah. I'm giving myself the silent treatment. She know why, so I'm not sayin'.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 06:07 AM   #6182  
Die Cut Diva

Boy oh boy I miss 1 day! ONE DAY!!!!!! LOL Well let me tell ya it was quite a day yesterday! DIL was full of DRAMA!. Are ya all ready for a novel? If not...."Pass me by.....eiiiiii..... Pass me by ei ei" Singing to the tune of the song "If you don't happen to like it pass me by" By Peggy Lee

So Tori had to sing infront of some professional voice critic yesterday. Certain exceptional chorus students throughout the district were nominated for their voices to be presented to this guys who would listen to them sing and exceptionally difficult song (Toris was an Italian operatic one) and he would critique their performance and give them suggestions where they can do better and have them try his suggestions to see the difference it would make. So Brad made the appointment for her to do this and then there was a schedule change with student early releases at school. Which wouldn't have been an issue except my DIL freaked out and started trying to rearrange drivers for tori all the while I was sitting at home waiting for her to be dropped of by me for me to take her to the appointment. All the commotion here was so complicated that I can't even repeat what was going on all to the fault of DIL. But long story short I end up meeting Tori at the appointment which she was just left at by other grandma (OMG!). Tori made her way to cafeteria but office took me to the audition rooms. I get a text then from DIL to go to Cafeteria because Tori is having panic attack so I leave room find her TURN OFF PHONE CUZ DIL WON"T STOP TEXTING! Tori is a hot mess. Get her calmed and in audition room, where she was absolutely AMAZING! The video I took does not do it justice. It brought tears to my eyes she was that good. Then came the critique......I wish I started my video just 4 seconds sooner because first words out of his mouth was Oh my goodness....you were wonderful. Of course a few more tears came down my cheek. He had all good things to tell her and only thing he could find was that in Italian the a pronunciation was a wee bit off. Obviously I can't type it how she said it and how it should be said but he had her re-sing a part of the beginning the other way to feel the difference. Her voice coach was beaming. When we walked out Tori looked at me and said...........can we go get coffee? LOL
I then spent 2 hours with Brad trying to up load the 3 videos I took. First trying just to send them to him and DIL to no avail. They would not go through regular texting or messenger. So we tried to up load to facebook. First one worked until I went to tag him and DIL and then FB police decided I violated some sort of rule and deleted my post. So we tried over and over and over. 2 hours later finally got them up, had to make them public on my page in order for them not to be deleted. CRAZY!
I was exhausted!!!! So yep..............................I missed posting yesterday! LOL And thats my reason LOL. Wish it didn't involve Mrs Drama Llama DIL. Who BTW was really chompin' at the bit by the time 5pm cam and I still hadn't told her much more than thing went great. hahahaha Yep my message to her was short and sweet. She said "So how'd it go?" (which I missed that message) Then she said "Well?" To which I said "It went great going out for coffee". By that time I just wanted a nice quiet time with Tori and the phone was going to have to wait.

Today is going to be a quiet day. Going to work on getting my card stuff together for Saturday and nothing else. What are you guys doing? I also need to go back and re-read the previous post cuz now I've forgotten what you guys have said earlier except that Shellys ignoring Jeanette and Jeanettes mad that I missed yesterday and Lynns mom wants a freezer. Pretty sure there alot more between the lines hahahahahahaha

talk later
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 07:32 AM   #6183  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL! Jeanette's not mad... I promise!

Your DIL was in rare form yesterday - or is that normal? I'm so glad you were able to be there for Tori's amazing experience!!! And I suspect she was very thankful you were there, too... especially since you took her for coffee afterwards. You win an award, Ama Susan!

Get ready - Saturday's coming! I'm on a tighter timeline. I have DT cards due TOMORROW. EEK! I'm freaking out a bit, but will get it done!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 08:28 AM   #6184  
Die Cut Diva

Ahhhhhh....You can do it Jeanette. I have faith in you. I don't think you've ever missed a deadline. You work great under pressure just like me! LOL. As for DIL.....it's a thing lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 06:17 PM   #6185  
Die Cut Diva

Oh nooooo.....I think I almost missed it!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLY!!!
Hope it was a great day and I hope I got the day right.

Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 06:20 PM   #6186  
Die Cut Diva

Dang it I think I'm a week early...lol. oh well guess I'm the first to wish you a Happy Birthday lol
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by HOBBYSUE:
Forest Ranger (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 10:13 PM   #6187  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies!

Lynn, have a fantastic weekend away and hoping the wedding is fabulous and that you have good weather too!

Jeanette- yes, I have unpacked and put everything away! I finished up on Tuesday and also got a card done. Yep, I sat where I was assigned by Barb. I think she put me with my back towards Jeanette as payback for Jeanette repeatedly telling us Barb was older than dirt.....hehehe Yes, and as for Harley, I tried to slip him a pretzel and he stuck his nose up at it. Little did I know someone was feeding him cheese sticks and chicken too..... I did get up and move around quite a bit- cannot sit too long with my back issues.... so was chatting and seeing what others were creating....
Jeanette- cool you got home without too bad of traffic and were able to view the eclipse! How did Brock like it? It had to have been weird for him since it was unusual to get dark mid-day!

Susan- goodness- your day yesterday sounds dreadful with stress! So glad Tori had a good meeting and I will hop over to Facebook to see if I can listen to the song. My brother has uploaded to You
tube before, and then shared a video link with us- may be a touch easier : )

I was able to get to Chicago last week on Wednesday and see a friend here from Amsterdam. Another old acquaintance was here from Wisconsin- we were all on a number of DT's together and chatted alot....How very fun to meet up!

Heading to bed! Will check back in on you soon!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2024, 01:46 AM   #6188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, you are ahead of the game - that rarely happens for me. I'm more of a belated wishes kind of gal. And yes! I did it! I made 7 DT cards yesterday. I had 3 of them made before my trip to Wisconsin, so thankfully I didn't have to make more than 7 yesterday.

Shelly, if you hadn't turned your back on me (okay, Barb made you do it; but still), you would have known I was feeding Harley cheese sticks. The chicken happened in the kitchen, so it was a bit more sneaky. ;) How fun that you were able to see the friend from Amsterdam and one from Wisconsin, too. That's great!

Lynn, it's time, right? I hope you have a safe and enjoyable Wedding trip!!!

Sending hugs to all of you!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2024, 04:21 AM   #6189  
Die Cut Diva

Oooooooo........Jeanette used a "B" word meme! Naughty naughty! LOL First word I see above that zebra and I'm like WHOA!!!! Jeanettes having a bad day! Hahahahahahaha

Ok just had to pop in to say that now I have to go get Nick and make some scones and take a shower and start the pasta for the crab salad THEN I will be back. So check back........I'm coming back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2024, 05:40 AM   #6190  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whoa! I didn't even notice that. Yikes!

I don't pay any attention to who makes the graphics. Maybe I should.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2024, 02:10 PM   #6191  
Die Cut Diva

hahahahahahahahahaha.......they gotcha Jeanette.

Sorry so late getting back here. I had so much to do plus still had some die cutting to get done for tomorrow. Then Ray and Midred (our friendly Fly in Ducks) stopped by and I had to get the feed dish out. Next thing I knew it was time to go get Tori for her monthly allergy shot and then to $$$ tree for poster board so she can do her school project over the weekend. Now once again I'm pooped. Still have to pack up. Missed my nap so I'm sure it'll be early bed for me tonight. Both cards are done and I think they turned out pretty nice for Sympathy cards. They were requested and are the hardest ones for me to make since I always like making happier looking cards. Somehow I look at these 2 and I still see happy. I sure hope the words With Sympathy takes them down a notch.
Well have a good evening and a great day tomorrow. I'll try to pop in tomorrow.

HUGS

Oh and Jeanette......be a "Good" girl lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2024, 03:13 AM   #6192  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Oh what fun! I'm glad to hear Ray and Mildred came to visit, Susan. It sounds like you hosted them well! Have fun with your crafting friends today!

Waving to Lynn and Shelly, too... and sending hugs to all of you!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2024, 04:07 AM   #6193  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning. I got alot done last night. All packed, even car, so I have a wee bit of time this morning.
Yes Jeanette we love seeing Ray and Mildred. Their visits are so short. Every year they fly into our yard to the feeders before waddling to the pond next door. I'm not quite sure where they go during the day but they always return at dinner time then they are off to the pond. Eventually Mildred has her brew of babies and she and Ray take turns visiting our yard alone while one stays with the ducklings. Then all of a sudden they are all gone for the season and we don't see them again til next year. Now I'm not sure how long a duck lives in the wild. I do know they mate for life, but its only 1 pair that has visited for the last 20 years and only occasionally they will have an extra female with them. My thought is that maybe it is an offspring being shown the perfect nesting spot and that in fact the old Ray and Mildred are giving their spot to a new Ray and Mildred. Whatever the case may be we surely enjoy this yearly event and when the couple arrive we make sure the plate of duck kibble is ready.
Well time for me to get ready for fun. Hope all of you have fun plans for the weekend. I'll check in later.
Hey Jeanette you never did tell me what Brock thought of the eclipse . Do I have to NAG you?????????

Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2024, 04:50 AM   #6194  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, that is so fun to have annual visits from Ray and Mildred. I do have to ask - how did they get those names?

Brock enjoyed sitting outside with us but watching the eclipse wasn't near as enjoyable to him as the Diet Mt. Dew he was drinking. LOL! Once the eclipse's full coverage was over and moving on he was ready to leave us and go back in the house.

Now, stop nagging and have a great time with your friends. I just wish I was there, too.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2024, 04:40 PM   #6195  
Die Cut Diva

Hysterical ....Mt Dew more important than an Epic sight in the sky LOL.

Ray and Mildred were the original owners of the house next door that has the pond. When we moved in to our house they were probably in their late 70's and we were in our 50's (of course they looked much much older than us lol) . Ray use to chat with Jim in the side yard and Mildred would tell me about how Ray use to buy fish for the pond for their young grandson to go fishing for, but now he's grown and Ray doesn't take care of the pond any more like before. A year later due to health issues they put the house up for sale and a young family moved in with little kids (ages 6 & 9). A year after that these 2 ducks showed up. A male and female mallard. They'd hang around, have ducklings then move on and then return the next year. But when they would fly in they always stopped by our deck first then waddled to the pond. I told Jim maybe Ray and Mildred passed and they have been reincarnated as ducks visiting the place they enjoyed being at. So we named the ducks. We have never had a flock just Ray and Mildred.

Well today was great but I'm really much too tired to stay awake so I will be back tomorrow.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2024, 05:05 PM   #6196  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, that is such a fun story! I love that Ray and Mildred return to see you year after year.

I hope you can rest tonight - and tomorrow, too. It is a day of rest, after all.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2024, 01:20 AM   #6197  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Of course you're not awake yet. Sheesh! It's the middle of the night. I'm thinking Shelly has just gone to bed, or maybe she's still up. Not sure why; but I've been up since 2:55. Tell me when it's nap time. I don't want to miss it.

Brent will be gone for two separate overnights this week. Tonight and again on Thursday. I don't usually put together a To Do While He's Gone list if he's gone for just one night, but I did this week, since he's gone for two one-nighters. I have 14 things on the list. Wish me luck!

Brock and I are having chicken and noodles for supper tonight. Yum!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2024, 04:23 AM   #6198  
Die Cut Diva

Well I'm not sure if I recovered from Saturday yet hahahahaha. We ladies had alot of gabbing going on. Ok ok "I" had alot of gabbing going on. Started the morning with coffee, scones and Tori's beautiful song. So funny these ladies (though all just a wee bit younger than I) are not on FB. Not a single one of them. They never got pulled into the drama of fb. It amazes me that I am part of a group who never surfs through fb. I mean I'm not on very often but I do check in for family updates but these guys stick to the old fashion ways of just plain old fashion pick up the phone communicating. Love that about them. They do use texting, and emailing and they do surf the internet just no social media. So I had to wait til Saturday to share Tori's voice. Then we gabbed, bickered, crafted, bickered, gabbed, ate, repeated. LOL Fun time! All to be repeated the first weekend of May when we do an entire weekend of crafting with our annual Spring sleepover weekend. We have been asked to create the Memory Board for the 5th member of our group who had passed earlier this year as her Celebration of Life is happening the end of May. So it will be a bitter sweet weekend.

Weather here has been so awesome and today will be no different but then the rains will be coming. Fine with me as long as there is no snow. Today I think I'll clean off table from cards I did from last weekend and make some embellies from all the scraps then surf around for my next project adventure. Oh I guess I should work on my blog too. Well maybe later lol

So what else are you guys up to? Jeanette whats on that list ? Cleaning? Sorting? Purging???

Shelly what are you up to???

Lynn I'm guessing you are at a wedding having the time of your life. I cannot wait to hear all about it. Hop on in when you have a bit of time to chat.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2024, 06:07 AM   #6199  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I'm so glad you had a good time with your friends - and next month will be a sleepover? How fun is that?!?!?!

The weather here is gorgeous. We've had the windows open; my favorite time of year!!!

Well, I've not done a thing on my list yet - but have already added 2 additional things. LOL! I think I'm going backwards.

It's a mixture of sorting/organizing/purging, cleaning, catching up on projects, seasonal changes, tasks for the upcoming conference, and more. I definitely shouldn't get bored while Brent's gone.

Oh, and did I tell you - I'm not visiting my dad, at Brent's suggestion. When I went to see him on Saturday, they had 5 active cases of COVID at his assisted living facility. Since I have a lot of responsibility (setting up and overseeing the Exhibit Hall, etc) at our state Women's Conference next week, Brent thinks I should avoid the risk of getting COVID. Soooo he's going to see my dad before he leaves town today and will do so again mid-week.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2024, 02:15 PM   #6200  
Die Cut Diva

Oooooo......you rebel!!! Hope daddy doesn't have a tissy fit. At least Brent is popping in. Such a good sport. He's right though, may as well play it safe. You sure don't want to get sick and mess up the conference.
Sure hope Brent isn't coming anywhere near Chicago. Protest on this Palestinians stuff is causing some issues out here. This morning people made a human wall across the main entrance into Ohare causing a total traffic stop and people not being able to get to their flights Some people actually walked to the airport pulling their luggage and now big demonstrations (Pro) down in the Loop causing traffic issues.
Ummmmm....yes you're suppose to check OFF on the list not ADD to the list. Silly girl. I spent the day doing NOTHING. Well I was internet searching for a different diecut (manual) machine for the cabin that I can leave up there. One with a small foot print like the Cuttlebug but.........well you know. So I went with the Spellbinders Platinum. I needed one that could take steel rule as well as thinlets, sizzlets, & emboss folders. In other words a work horse. Reviews on the Sizzix fold a way weren't consistent and the Spellbinder one I found was a great deal so I went in that direction. It won't be delivered until the end of April though.
Well it's dinner time. Gotta go.
Reply With Quote Likes