Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2024, 03:44 PM   #6121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 461 Likes on 350 Posts

I did a lazy day, too, Susan. Did a bit of cooking (a jello salad and some no bake cookies) this morning and then sat in the recliner watching TV most of the afternoon. WISH I had drifting snowflakes and herds of deer to watch, too, but I just made do with Judge Judy and Dr. Phil! LOL!!

Out to dinner with friends and then back to the recliner for my favorite true crime shows for the rest of the evening.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2024, 09:59 PM   #6122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies! See Jeanette- we will not Susan unattended! LOL

Lynn- glad your sis is in town and you get a break to attend some social events! I relate- when my siblings would come to town, they would also want to see me- not a break dear brother or sis! LOL
No snow for you Lynn, right!

Susan- sounds like less snow that was predicted for your area! We did not get even an inch! But, I was reading and watching the big flakes fall this afternoon- was delightful! After the book was finished, I finished my waterfall ATC's and got them to the post office.

Off to bed!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2024, 03:28 AM   #6123  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,069 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

​​​​​

... or, like me, feel free to climb Mt. Laundry. LOL! That's how I'll be spending my day. Isn't that what you do after a GREAT vacation?

Shelly, I am so glad you and Lynn did not leave Susan unattended. She likely would have run amok. Instead, I think perhaps it was Jim that ran amok. EEK! And Susan's not a happy camper. Do you suppose she tossed those slippers??? WOW! Have fun with Katie in Costa Rica! Sounds like a great trip!

Lynn, I'm sure it is confusing for your parents, but what a blessing for you that Liz can be there to give you a break - as well as some precious sister time!

Susan, what a fun relaxing day, watching nature. I am sure you'll still get everything done. As one whose had salt/pepper hair (much more salt than pepper) for MANY years now... I'm just going to say, Welcome to the world of changing colors. I was 12-years-old when I had my first white hair. Truthfully, my hair color doesn't bother me, but I absolutely hate it that I'm now getting white eyebrows, eyelashes... and YIKES! Even white chin hairs! Why of why is it that as women age they often quite growing leg hair (that is hidden under slacks) and instead grow chin hair?!?!?!? Yes, count me among that frustrated group of women.

We had an amazing - and safe - trip. It was a nice relaxing pace with just enough fun and fantastic food to make life perfect!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2024, 05:48 AM   #6124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, lovely ladies!! And welcome home, Jeanette!! Happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip!!

Shelly, I guess you are busy packing, you world traveler you!! What fun and adventures await!

Susan, I imagine we are typing together again. I actually got to sleep LATE this morning (7:45)! It was heaven!

I, too, am tackling laundry today. Doing one load that I have rewashed 3 times since I never got it to the dryer. Then there will be another load or two behind that. Following that will be a trip to Sam's to try to score some of their day-old rotisserie chicken breasts. What a bargain at $3.99 for 4 huge breast quarters! I chop them up and freeze them so they are ready to go into whatever casserole I decide to do on any given day.

Today Liz will be making some into my parents' favorite meal, chicken fajitas. So good with lots of peppers and onions.

Off I go. Maybe I will even get in a bit of crafting this afternoon. Sure hope so!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2024, 07:40 AM   #6125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Lynn... enjoy your time of freedom to do those tasks that need doing, but also hopefully some fun and relaxing, too. My laundry is moving along very slowly so far. And soon it will be time to go see my dad. I suspect I won't get the laundry finished today, which is a problem since I kind of have a "don't do laundry on Sunday" policy. Welp, that policy may go out the window this week.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2024, 03:55 PM   #6126  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm still doing laundry, too! Unexpectedly tackled a huge batch of cooking with my sister!! 24 entrees hit the freezer. YEA!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2024, 04:15 AM   #6127  
Die Cut Diva

Received 950 Likes on 871 Posts

Well good morning ladies! Yep I was awol yesterday. Why? I don't know, just never opened up the computer. Amazing right? I was on my phone a few times but I really didn't do anything too exciting to post a novel here. I changed linens on the beds, did dishes, made soup for dinner (ok not really...I defrosted soup for dinner), I watched (binged the last 3 episodes) of Apple Never Falls on Peacock. It had me hooked. I wanted to know what happened to the mom (Annette Benning) and had to know NOW. LOL
Boy Lynn.......impressive 24 freezer meals! You go girl! Pat yourself on the back. Although..........does restarting the wash a few times cancel that out ? LOL Been there done that. Always aggregates me when I have to re-wash the same load multiple times. You made me so happy to know I am not the only one who does that. That is why I usually leave the laundry up to Jim. He at least doesn't mind doing the up and down of the stairs to get it washed and in the dryer. Now getting it out of the dryer is sometimes another thing. There are times the dryer has to be re-started to get the wrinkles out and to re-fresh the load because it sat in the dryer for 2 days lol.
Shelly ...........................Bye Bye!!!! Enjoy the vaca! Will miss you and can't wait to hear all about it.
Jeanette!!!! Your home!!!! YAY!!! BOOOOO on lots of laundry but I know you're the type who doesn't let things sit around . You'll get it done lickity split. So it was a fun trip? I hear ya about the chin hairs! What the heck is that all about??? I mean I was so excited when I was able to stop shaving the legs and pits. Thought it was the end of razors.............but no...............the put a monkey wrench into woman lives again! They should put a monkey wrench into a mans life and give him periods. On second thought never mind...............they can't even handle a stuffy nose. UGHHHHHHHHH.
Well I know no one is listening today. Well definately not Jeanette. Her heads in the washer lol but I thought I'd pop in anyway. Have a great Sunday ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2024, 05:07 AM   #6128  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm listening today, Susan!! Up and FINISHING the laundry. The last load is in the dryer. Last night I folded all of the other loads but left them on the couch. I'm very lucky that the cats haven't unfolded them yet. As soon as I finish here, I will cart the hanging clothes and folded clothes to their final destination so I can start all over again!

Susan, I think if I had streaming capabilities I would never leave my recliner. I would have certainly joined you in binging Apple Never Falls. That looks so good!!

I'm trying to get a little oomph going on my blog again. For over a year I have been only posting my Monday KSS DT card. I do do (HA HA!) other things. I have pledged to myself to try to get at least one other posting up weekly. We will see how long that goes!! Now with my mini craft palace over at Mother's house, I should be able to meet that goal.

Got another busy week coming up! Two days for appointments with Daddy's doctors, church meeting, hair cut, book club, Women's circle. So thankful our care-giver will be back from her vacation.

Monday night I will be glued to the TV to see how The Bachelor train wreck turns out. I am rooting for Daisy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2024, 05:41 AM   #6129  
Die Cut Diva

Oh Lynn you would have loved the Apple Never Falls. Its was sooooo good. But boy do I understand about never leaving the recliner. We have Xfinity and some streaming like Peacock and Paramount+ are included in our package along with MAX. We did the bigger Xfinity package because we can log on at the cabin on the same account we just can't get the Xfinity part at the cabin. But anyway yeah...the streaming keeps me nestled in my reclining sofa lol. I though did not get wrapped up in the Bachelor this time. I did the Golden Bachelor but not this one so I have no idea about the train wreck to come on Monday except for previews I've seen on commercials. But since I haven't seen any of the show it does not draw me in to watch tomorrow. But you go enjoy! Have a big bowl of popcorn ready cuz I know when I've watched those train wrecks I don't want to move to get a snack hahahaha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2024, 06:26 AM   #6130  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I DO keep a well-stocked snack box right near my recliner, Susan!! Could be why my pants are a little snug these days!! Ha! Ha!

One really interesting thing about this round of The Bachelor is that they used several of the women from the Golden Bachelor in a number of episodes to provide "council and wisdom" to the contestants!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2024, 02:22 PM   #6131  
Die Cut Diva

Well Lynn I sure hope one of them told those girls to "Suck it up Buttercup" Sometimes those girls are so caddy. The younger generation on those shows are such cat fight girls. Why can't they just come in and say.."Oooo...I love your earring"....LOL BTW...My pants are a bit snug from all my recliner watching too lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 03:38 AM   #6132  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I haven't been able to get moving yet this morning... apparently it's going to be a lazy Monday morning for me. That's not good, as I have much to do this week if I'm going to be ready to go on my trip next week. EEK!

It was such fun to see you two chatting here, Lynn and Susan, though I know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about - streaming, Bachelor, Apple Never Falls. BUT I do know about pants feeling more snug. UGH!

Laundry is finished, though I did have to do that last load of Brock's bibbed overalls on Sunday. He didn't need them as I'd washed the other two loads, but it was more pleasant t break my no-laundry-on-Sunday policy than to listen to Brock telling me to do the laundry. LOL!

Hmmmmm... I wonder when Shelly is coming home? I hope she's having a great trip!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 05:33 AM   #6133  
Die Cut Diva

Well good morning Jeanette. You're turning into a traveler too. Leaving again next week????? What the heck???? As for Shelly....she just left. See you've been gone so long you think she's been gone forever! LOL She probably won't be back before next weekend. Sorry Lynn and I were chatting about things foreign to you but I guess that's my laziness coming out. Or shall I say my "Vice" (sp) I'm a couch potato with the tv for relaxation. I love love love movies or mystery/thriller mini series but then again I love cooking shows too and OMG I can get hooked into hours watching those. LOL
Had to laugh about breaking your No Laundry on Sunday routine. Wouldn't Brock know it's Sunday and that you don't do laundry on Sundays? Or did he need specific overalls that Sunday lol.
Well I did accomplish something yesterday and that was the table decorations for Easter! They are not exactly what I wanted and someday I will make exactly what I wanted when I get supplies far in advance and not wait until the last minute but for this Easter they will do just fine. My DIL, Sister, and Niece in law will each take one home after dinner so I'm pleased with that. Now with that done and napkin rings done and napkins finally bought I can finally clean off the table and get it ready for Sundays feast. Well kind of. First it has to be ready for Fridays family dinner night. Yeah I know .... pretty crazy right??? But....we always decorate eggs with the grands. It has been the tradition since Tori was born. Egg decorating with Ama and Apa and we have never missed a year.
Lynn I root for Daisy for you even though I probably won't watch the show. Unless you tell me there's going to be alot of "DRAMA" Love the dramatics LOL. Does Liz watch it with you? Or your mom?
Shelly hope you're having a fabulous time!

HUGS

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 05:46 AM   #6134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan!

​​​​​​

Whatcha gonna do to celebrate your day today?

See, the thing is, Shelly is going the same place I'm going next week... and she'll need to pack crafting supplies. So I wondered how much time she'd have to do that. LOL!

Yes, Brock knows I don't do laundry on Sundays, but he's also a guy who insists job needs to be completed so that trumps the policy in his eyes. He's a hoot.

That's sweet that you have the egg-decorating tradition. Does Apa take part, too? Impressive!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 01:22 PM   #6135  
Die Cut Diva

Thank You for the Birthday Wishes. This morning Bridget came over with the kids (including my grand niece), flowers coffee cake and muffins. She made coffee for everyone and then we all had coffee in the dining room. She posted a couple pics on FB. It was a great morning and Nick loved all the commotion. The rest of the day I did some essential shopping lol and I'm now home waiting for the Guinness Stew to be done for dinner.
I forgot all about your Wisc trip and the fact that Shelly goes too.

Yes Apa takes part in the decorating of eggs too. Its a family thing. Every year the same routine. Nick sits making Nick noises and clapping hands, Troopermget in the way and everyone is yelling at him to go away befor he spills the dye, Bryce drops at least 6 eggs (no joke) and always says "Its ok it's just a little crack ( when actually its nearly all cracked lol) Claire complaines that the pink isn't the "RIGHT" pink, Tori gets dye on her cloths even tho we tell her to wear something old she never does, Brad takes eggs and puts 1 egg in every single color making it look like a blob of poo. Jim spends so much time on 1 egg because he thinks he's being an artist and it never works out and then he's surprised when all the eggs are then gone. Bridget yells at everyone for not using the white crayon ot initial the egg so she knows who's is who's and I sit back and take pictures after maybe trying to swirl 1 egg but have 6 people tell me I'm doing it wrong. It goes like this EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha TRADITION!!!! CAN"T WAIT LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 01:42 PM   #6136  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Giggling here... traditions can be challenging. LOL!

I'm glad you had birthday fun this morning, Susan. That's as it should be!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 05:11 PM   #6137  
Die Cut Diva

Thats Jeanette. It has been a fun day.

Now Lynn.....................I am trying to watch your train wreck on the Bachelor. Now it's been an hour and I'm already thinking this guy is an idiot who doesn't seem to know what he wants and I haven't even seen 1 single episode. lol As far as Daisy? I know your rooting for her but OMG her voice is driving me nuts! Then again.....Bridget took a video of the kids singing Happy birthday today and afterwards at the very end I said something and in my head I thought "OMG do I really sound like that"? Wow! Never realized my voice was so....so deep? No wonder people feel intimidated by me! I sound stern. hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 06:08 PM   #6138  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Deep voice? For such a tiny woman? That's hard to believe Susan. Now I need to hear the video. Is it on FB?
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 06:55 PM   #6139  
Die Cut Diva

Yes but it's at the end of the video and I think I barely say 1.5 words lol
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Forest Ranger (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 02:44 AM   #6140  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Talk to me, Susan - I need to hear your voice. ;)

Okay, so yesterday was another mostly non-productive day. I did have a good visit with daddy and cooked my guys a decent meal. Made one card. Tended to some correspondence. But sheesh! That's not enough. I'm leaving next Wednesday and I have so much to do. Someone kick me in the rear end and get me moving. Please! (WAIT! Don't kick so hard, Susan!!! I think she's enjoying that way too much!)

Shelly, I hope you're having a marvelous trip!

Praying for you, Lynn. And for your parents, too.

Sending hugs to all!!!

​​​​​​​
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2024, 08:19 AM   #6141  
Die Cut Diva

You got to move it move it.......you got to move it move it......you got to move it move it. MOVE IT!
Does that help?????
Though I'm not taking my own advise. I'm sitting on my butt lol.
Now Lynn .......you drew me in to continue watching until the final rose. As soon as whats her face said yes (though truth be told I was hoping for more drama like maybe she'd say no) I turned the channel to NCIS Hawaii LOL. But I hope you enjoyed you finale. .
I planned nothing for today except trying to decide what to make for dinner and so far no clue. So I'll just sit here and watch the food channel and hope for the best hahahahaha

Have a great day...........mine is rainy.

Hi Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2024, 04:48 PM   #6142  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, it worked! You motivated me well - and I got 10 DT cards made today. YAY! I tried a new recipe for supper (though I did tweak it a bit). It was Shepherd's Pie Soup, or as Brock called it, Pie Soup. It was pretty good. What did you end up having?
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2024, 05:24 PM   #6143  
Die Cut Diva

Wow you were motivated!!! I'm impressed. Me?????? Nada! LOL As for dinner we had leftover chicken taco's . Shepherd Pie soup sounds interesting. I would definitely try that but truth be told if Brock came up to me and said we were having "Pie Soup" I would be hesitant. My mind would have instantly gone to something sweet like apple or peach and well.....................no thanks I'd rather eat that as a pie and not a soup hahahaha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2024, 06:09 PM   #6144  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I totally understand, Susan, and one who doesn't like pie, I'd definitely not want Pie Soup.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2024, 01:28 AM   #6145  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, you did such a good job motivating me yesterday; how about Round #2 today. My goal is to get the newsletter finished and ready to send out tomorrow. Plus I'd like to make another card or two.

Shelly, I hope you've been enjoying one-on-one time with your daughter - and the trip, too.

Lynn, I hope things are going okay with you and your parents.

Sending hugs to all!

​​​​​​​
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2024, 04:11 AM   #6146  
Die Cut Diva

You do realize I got older this week right????? There is no round 2. I gave it my all in round 1 so you're on your own today Jeanette LOL.

I have to get my own mojo going over here. A house full of people for Sunday and I have nothing cleaned up here. Like a fool I arranged for everyone to bring a dish to pass and left the ones that were to be made the last minute for me like the ham, spoon bread, cake, Jeanettes fave Jello, none of which can be made in advance and then stupid me goes and makes plans for Saturday to take Claire on an adventure with Princess, stories and egg hunts and on Friday we do our traditional egg decorating/family dinner. Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb D U M B.............. Actually Friday is DIL's fault it was suppose to be today but had to pivot to please her mom. Her mom always has them on Friday but this week of all weeks couldn't do it and HAD to have Wednesday. Why do I ALWAYS cave???????? I will survive.......I always do.....eventually will have a smile but not at the moment lol. So I need all the mojo I can mustard for cleaning this place up before my insanity starts on Friday. Because of that I have none to spare Jeanette.

Shelly I think your coming home soon. I hope your trip was wonderful and you had many memories made.

Lynn is Liz still there so was it a short visit? Will she be back for Easter?

I'll check back later ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2024, 04:19 AM   #6147  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, SHEESH! I was counting on you, Susan... but then you bail on me. LOL! That's okay. I've been working hard (since before 4:00 this morning) and have the newsletter as close to finished as I can be until I get more information on a few items from the boss, who is still in bed sleeping.

I hope you get the cleaning done and the cooking plans made. What a fun weekend you have planned.

We've been invited to our farm family's Easter dinner; I'm to bring dessert. Not sure yet what I'll make to take. It has to travel well, since we'll leave home at 5:15'ish to go to a Sunrise service and then leave there and go to one of our churches (Brent's preaching at both of them). Then we'll leave there and go directly to the Easter dinner. Sooooo the cake has to leave home with us at 5:15'ish.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2024, 03:34 AM   #6148  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

I'm late - and I still got here before Susan.

Busy day ahead and still needing a kick in the seat of my pants. But Susan is too busy for that so guess I'll just have to limp along. LOL!

Sending hugs to all three of you!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2024, 04:11 AM   #6149  
Die Cut Diva

5:15isham??????? On a Sunday?????? OMG I thought that was suppose to be the day of rest??? Who gets up and ready to get in a car and drive by 5:15 ish???? I guess Jeanette, you do! Ey Yi Yi...no thank you! I take things literally sometimes and a day of rest is a day of REST! hahahaha. Sure don't think I'd make a good preacher wife! LOL.

So last night I filled a little over 100 eggs for the egg hunt on Sunday then realized that meant the kids would only get around 15 each yikes when did we get sooo many kids that 100 eggs aren't enough for a decent hunt? geez. Thank goodness we still have an entire Walmart bag full of loose eggs from previous hunts left. Since none of the eggs that Jim and I filled last night have candy in them, he said he'd go get a bag of candy and we'll fill the remainder of them with candy.
I also got 2 dozen eggs boiled for the egg coloring on Friday so I guess I had a semi productive day yesterday. Today I will start my Jello layers. Yay Jeanettes fave!!!!! Gloomy gloomy day here. Also hear it may rain Sunday afternoon! NOOOOOOOOO.....Not sure what I'll do then!!! Maybe just empty entire box of filled eggs on the floor of the game room down stairs like a giant pit ball room and say "GO"! Then just let them all fight it out. hahahaha. Only downside then will be the fact that I will miss out out on annual kids portrait on the benches outside. Always a challenge but a tradition. Though I do remember one year we made the little ones and they were quite young. I believe all under the age of 8 and maybe only 4 of them at that time and we made them run out there in their Easter outfits....no jackets...in the snow for pictures. It was freezing and they did NOT want to cooperate. Can't imagine why LOL. So I'm sure even if it's raining we will find a way to get those kids out there on those benches for that darn picture.

Well gotta go................enjoy your day. I may be back.

Waving to Lynn and Shelly.

Kicking Jeanette in the butt as I leave hahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2024, 04:21 AM   #6150  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OUCH! Who kicked me???
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2024, 03:01 PM   #6151  
Die Cut Diva

Relax Jeanette I know I didn't kick that hard! LOL
Well I got a bit more done today. 2 layers of the jello...I make it a layered rainbow usually but someone (his name will remain a mystery) threw out the big clear plastic bowl so now its got to go in my cut crystal bowl which is alot smaller and seems like it only holds 2 large boxes of the jello so now my rainbow is only a 2 layer. Good grief. Jim decided we needed some eggs with candy in them so he was off to get candy for the remaining eggs for us to fill tonight. No chocolate though just incase weather men are wrong and it ends up sunny. One year the kids had a bunch of melted chocolates due to the sun and heat and the eggs kind of got hot. I made up the clues for the egg hunt. We always have a little treasure hunt for the first few eggs before we let them go wild. Each kid gets their own special clue to find their special egg. So I got all 7 of those typed up. Hard to come up with little rhyming ditties every year that are different. Now it's dinner time and I have nothing planned. Guess I'll go make sandwich's.
Have a good evening. Hope you're not bruised Jeanette hahahahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2024, 02:37 AM   #6152  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Oh. my. word. If the bruising wasn't enough, Susan, now you're torturing me with "Jello" talking.

You know I love you, Girlfriend!

Sooooo are they still thinking it could rain on Sunday? They took our rain out of the forecast. I guess you could bundle up the kids - and the bench - and head to our house for a photo opp... but PLEASE leave the Jello at home!!!

Waving to Shelly and Lynn!

Have a great day, my friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-31-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 04:07 AM   #6153  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning ! Nope where I go the Jello goes. If you love me you take all of me. What happened to unconditional love????
As for the rain........its been moved a bit south of us now. So it's still in the forecast but now it's more around Chicago and south in the later afternoon. I guess according to the radar I saw it goes diagonally from St Louis area up to Chicago and the line is south heading south east so it should miss me unless it decides to drift northern.
Got more eggs stuffed last night this time with candy. I swear we should be done but now because Jim bought regular candy and not chocolates he now wants to go out and get chocolates!!!! For petes sake my yard is going to look like the Easter Bunny threw up Easter eggs!
Today we color eggs and then family dinner and Claire will spend the night. She and I will go to the Princess story time and egg hunt tomorrow morning. I'm sure she'll have a great time. I also need to get my cake made so I can get it frosted tomorrow after she is gone.
So what is everyone doing today???? Anything?????

Waving and sending hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2024, 05:18 AM   #6154  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning Susan... it sounds like you (and your nasty Jello) will be safe from the rain. YAY! And YAY for all the fun - of eggs, both boiled and filled, and cakes, and Claire time. Enjoy your holiday.

I'm finishing laundry today (I got sidetracked yesterday with technical difficulties), working on things for our state Women's Conference, making a card or two... and tonight we'll be going to a Seder service that one of our churches is hosting. We've never been to one before. It should be interesting.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2024, 02:22 AM   #6155  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, I saw pictures/videos of the Easter egg coloring on FB last night. It looked like it was a lot of fun and the eggs looked great. I'd never seen anything like that pouncing gizmo that made the eggs look marbled. Pretty clever.

Waving to Lynn and Shelly and wishing all of you a Happy Easter weekend!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2024, 04:20 AM   #6156  
Die Cut Diva

Well good morning and the busy time has begun. Claire spent the night and after her family left she made alot of paper eggs to decorate the patio window and the ceiling fan before heading for bed. This morning she is very excited to go see what her surprise is. Right now she is gabbing away while I am typing making this extremely hard to concentrate on typing so if this is not making sense sometimes or words are jumbled blame her. LOL So we will go to the surprise this morning then I'll drop her off at home and come back her to make my cake for tomorrow. Get the place cleaned up and ready. Rain is back in the forcast (dang it) so I might have to pivot the egg hunt. Not sure how I'm going to do that.
Hope everyone has a joyous Easter. I doubt I'll be back.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 01:55 AM   #6157  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 01:56 AM   #6158  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, you're like the Easter bunny... hopping from one activity to the next. You might want some of the Energizer bunny's energy before this weekend is over.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2024, 03:50 AM   #6159  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2024, 01:23 PM   #6160  
Die Cut Diva

Is that today????? My goodness!! Not fair Jeanette, with Easter yesterday I had absolutely no time to think of a good April Fools Joke. So everyone is extremely lucky to miss out this year.

So yesterday was wonderful. My guardian angels must have been watching over us because we were suppose to have storms and I mean real storms opening up around 3:30-4:00 and I was so worried that the kids were not going to get their hunt in or that I was not going to get the yearly bench photo. Instead we had no rain head in until after dinner!!! I still had to deal with the mud but the kids were great with taking off their shoes and keeping Trooper locked away from the living room carpet. Now if they could have just kept Ama locked away from the living room carpet! Of all the people to get mud on the carpet it had to be ME!!! I had just come in and the kids were in , shoes off, gate moved over so they could run down the stairs and what do I see? The little guy Tommy (who just learned to walk he's 1) right at the top of the stairs (which is where the carpet begins). I flew (I swear) grabbed him from behind under both arms across this chest, spun around and leaped off the carpet. All that came out of Bridgets mouth was "What the............" as I flew by. She never finished the sentence it was that fast. Poor Tommy had saucer eyes and all I said was "Whoa" Then we all looked at the carpet and said "Ooooohhhhh dang" And though as I'm typing this it doesn't sound all that funny to us by the time we saw the mud on the carpet we all started laughing. I have been such a pistol about keeping shoes off my carpet and who gets the mud on it? ME! So here we are laughing, Liz (Tommy's mom) comes upstairs asking whats so funny so laughing we tell her he nearly tumbled down to greet her (she looked confused that we thought that was funny) then Claire comes up and yells "Mom...Trooper got mud on Ama's carpet!" I nearly spit my coffee out. Yep it was a day!
Second shorter story...........my grand nephew Jack (9yrs old & on the spectrum) was hysterical during the egg hunt. He's a bit slower in the running than the others and the way I had the hunt set up was after pictures in the front yard they had to go through the inflatable at the side of the house to get to the back yard. Well most of the kids were more interested in the backyard than the eggs right there at the side by the inflatable so they ran right past those but Jack would run up to one Yell out EGG and the stomp on it. go to the next one yell EGG and stomp on that one. Well OMG his mom was getting so mad. I was laughing going its ok its ok. She's like no its not! Where's my husband! JAY!!!!!! JACK IS STOMPING EGGS!!!! I'm still laughing and saying it's ok and she's still saying but it's embarrassing and you have broken plastic eggs in your yard now. I told her not to sweat the small stuff just let him have fun.
It was quite a day that's for sure. Let me tell ya I'm still re-cooping! LOL We had a ton a food and I swear everyone went home in a food coma hahahaha.

So I want to hear how everyones Easter was. Any excitement. Any fun memory. No matter how small I want to hear about it. If you have seen the FB pictures my dil posted the order of the kids are Bryce Claire Tori Natalie Rachel holding Tommy and lastly Jack.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes