Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM   #5881  
Die Cut Diva

Received 950 Likes on 871 Posts

Hello!!! Well we survived! No early releases here. The kids and buses "sucked it up Buttercup"! Hard to tell what the real totals were. Early in the morning I measured ( I have a table on the deck that we use as our measuring space and its usually pretty accurate) about 2". Then later in the morning it measured at 3.5" . Then by noon it was down to 3" but at 2:30 it was 5" then at dinner it was 5.5" but by bedtime it was back to a wee bit under 5". Now the way the day went it was hovering just around the freezing temp of 32-33 degrees nearly all day and the snow was sooo heavy. Our streets only accumulated slush which was a mess but my driveway which we salted at the beginning of the storm never needed to be shoveled. Yet my deck did need to be shoveled and snow did gather on the lawns. So because of the heaviness I think thats why my measurements kept changing because it snowed non stop all day long. I think we probably got about 6-7 inchs. Definitely enough for Claire and Brad to go out and build a couple snowmen. Bigger storm is suppose to come Friday that won't be as wet and might bring on up to 11 inchs. YIKES!
Well I don't blame you about napping when there are workers around Jeanette. I couldn't do that either.
That is funny about Brock. Yep not in his routine! hahahaha
Yes your story finally equals a novel! Congrats! I knew you could do it. I've read your articles . So are your plans today to continue de-decorating or did you totally finish yesterday?

Super tired today. I don't remember having a restless night so I'm not sure why I feel so exhausted. Need to work on cards for gathering with friends on Saturday but really don't have the mojo going yet. Maybe this afternoon.

Waving to Lynn and Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2024, 07:09 AM   #5882  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,069 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Susan, that's a crazy snow - but glad you kept measuring to keep it in line. LOL!

Yes, I finished de-decorating yesterday. I do still need to arrange some things on the shelf unit where the village was... might get to that today. Might not. LOL! I'm heading to the store shortly to get some things my dad needs and then to see him. We'll see what happens when I get home from there.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2024, 09:35 PM   #5883  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Our Christmas take down took less than 30 minutes. We had a 3 foot artificial tree from Chris and Kayla, a few ornaments, garland and Christmas stockings and a wreath on the front door; I had cards that were forwarded pinned up on the kitchen curtain and a ribbon across the top of the rail.

Getting mail forwarded- wow- it was kinda a nightmare. I still have mail missing and a couple of people had their Christmas cards returned to them. One my sister and 2 the neighbors across the street. I feel bad for people who move- and the mail where Chris lives is dreadfully slow!

On a positive note- it was sure fun to get many cards! I hope more will be forwarded from Chris and family too IF they make it there. I did receive cards from all of you here- Thank You! I did not get all of my cards out- I think it is too late now.....

I have signed up for 2 new bible studies- one on the Gospel of Mark, the other is called In His Likeness. I started the first one this week. I also have a bunch of Dr appts for routine check-ups and a dentist appt coming up next week.

I still have a few things to finish unpacking. The craft room is slow as I have all of these supplies I felt I needed. I had enough with me and there were Michaels and Hobby Lobby if I needed anything.

I am adjusting to the cold by staying inside...LOL I did get grocery shopping done- just need to assess if I have enough supplies to get me through the weekend. Our storm Tuesday left about 5 " snow- wet and slushy at first, then big fluffy flakes. It's really pretty- and thanks Susan for getting the weatherman to hold it back for us to arrive home!

Hoping you are all having a wonderful week!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 01:43 AM   #5884  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Friends!

​​​​​​

It's a good morning when I get up (early, of course) and see Shelly has been here while I slept.

Shelly, you hit the ground running after 3 months away - all that unpacking and grocery shopping, etc. AND doctor and dentist appointments, too.

Brent is going to the city early today - he has an MRI at 9:00 and it will take 1 1/2 hours to get there. He insists that he's going alone. They said he could drive himself. Me? Nope, when I have an MRI, it triggers my vertigo and they even have to wheel me out to the lobby sometimes. I definitely NEED a driver. But I'm going to assume Brent will be fine, since he's so insistent. This will be his first MRI ever.

Brock and I will climb Mt. Laundry today - and I hope to work on some cards, too. We'll see how that goes.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 04:21 AM   #5885  
Die Cut Diva

Dang.................day late dollar short. Got up had no notification from SCS that anyone posted here so I thought YAY I'm going to beat Jeanette! N O P E!!!!!!! Not only did you beat me again Jeanette but Shelly snuck (sp) in here too and no one told me. Geeze!

Well I'll be back. Got to go get Nick.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 04:32 AM   #5886  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

SCS has to have some secrets. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 05:28 AM   #5887  
Die Cut Diva

Well I'm back! Lucky you guys! hahahahahahaha

Shelly so glad to hear from you. Missing mail? Oh no! That P.O. better get its ducks in a row and get things back on track. Glad you got my card though. I was a last minute sender though. Really a slacker this year for sure. So are you ready for round 2? Suppose to start tonight sometime. I don't know about you guys but like I said we got a bit overnight last night too. Guess Mother Nature wants to make sure I'm ready which I am. Pantry is full and so are all the freezers. What I really need is a husband who will stop buying food. LOL I have enough here that we could be locked in here for at least a month and send food over to the kids too and then still have food left in the freezers and pantry. He just can't help himself lol. I told him he's like Tim the Tool man from TV except instead of tools he stands in front of a meat case and puts hands on hips and Howls " M E A T S ! OHOHOHOHOH " CRAZY!!!!!!! He repeats this ritual in front of the cookie aisle.....the ice cream aisle......the chips aisle......and lets not forget the bakery dept where he can return with bagel, croissants', turano rolls, and a loaf of rye bread all in 1 trip. I mean OMG do you realize how quickly breads can go bad? And.....the very next day decide he wants burgers and come home with a bag of pretzel buns cuz he decided he wants the burgers on those buns instead!!!!
No wonder I can't loose weight!
Whewwwwwwwwwww...........................ok that rant done....................on to the next LOL

Sooooooo.....Jeanette....what are you up to? Making a card you say? I still need to get 2 samples done for Saturday. I at least found two I like which of course are fancy fold. First one is a G45 but its really boring on the embellies so I need to bling it up plus I want to make it a valentine card instead of an everyday card. The Second I tried to make the base last night but I think the gal is off on the measurement because when it closes the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card is actually 4 1/4 x 5 3/4. Makes it a bit awkward for an envelope.
So are you getting any of this snow or are you only getting rains? Not sure I'd want all the muddy mess if all I got was rains.

Lynn how are things going? Have I asked ? Too often? OOPS LOL
Well have a productive day ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 08:07 AM   #5888  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 461 Likes on 350 Posts

I'm about to get three days off (kind of) and can get over here to visit!! But for now, another job awaits, and I must run!!

Yes, Susan the days have been too busy but very productive. Now I am ready for a break.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 05:11 PM   #5889  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan... well... I did get one - ONE - card made today. I'm pathetic! I also got the laundry taken care of with the exception of Brock's bibbed overalls. I'll do them tomorrow. I'm not sure if it will be 2 or 3 loads this week.

Lynn, it's so good to see you and to hear you are about to get 3 days off. YAY!!! Enjoy!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 01:32 AM   #5890  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

​​​​​​

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 04:26 AM   #5891  
Die Cut Diva

OMG it's a B L I Z Z A R D out there! I got at 6:30 and we already had nearly 5" and when I was up to go potty around 3:30 it hadn't even really started yet. At least not that I could notice looking out the bedroom window. This is suppose to go on and off all day and they have us in the 8-12 range. The kids have no school and I'm not sure who is happier. The kids or my DIL. Bridget hates driving if it's raining so snow throws her into a tizzy lol. Then the kids all have off on Monday for MLK day so it's a long weekend. Too bad it will also be sub zero temps so outdoor play may not be in the cards for them but I'm sure they will take a brief time to at least build another snowman, All this snow does mean that my son however will be working extra shifts at work plowing. Even tho he is one of the Villages Arborist they call on them during the winter for extra plow guys during the big storms.

Hi Lynn! Yay for a 3 day break!!! You actually deserve a 7 day break but hey I guess I'd take 3. Use it wisely. I'm sure you will. I sure hope you will be able to squeeze in a bit of fun and relaxation into those 3 days. Get that "ME" time in there. BTW...got your card. That cat is a hoot!

Shelly....Lookie lookie lookie.........it's a winter wonderland out there! Isn't it pretty? My neighborhood looks just like a greeting card. I LOVE this stuff. Then again I don't "Have" to go out into it. I can just stay home and enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature. Hope you take time to just take in the beauty today even if it's just for a bit.

Well Jeanette I saw the weather may and if it's correct I'm sorry because that means you are NOT enjoying our beauty. Of course you may have mixed feelings about that. Sad you can't just look out the window and see all these glorious views or thrilled Brent doesn't have to go out and clean all this up. It is kind of bittersweet. lol. So you got 1 card done? At least it's done. I got 1 card cut. Hahahaha. Nothing is glued down yet as I'm still trying to design....1 embellie at a time. And you know me...I have to make everything I put on the card lol. Then I will need to make another 5 of them for everyone tomorrow which may or may not happen due to the weather. Now they are say this storm will continue into tomorrow morning with high winds, drifting and cold cold cold. You know what roads are like when there are fields and you add blowing drifting snow. Not a great combo. I take it you will be doing Brocks overalls today? Good thing he has extras.

Today I'm making more embellies and the card bases for tomorrow. Plus the soup for tomorrow. If tomorrow doesn't happen I will have ALOT of Cheesy Cream of Broccoli soup and an entire loaf of Panera bread sour dough bread to eat!

I'll check back later

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 06:52 AM   #5892  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan. Nope. No snow here. The only snowflake I've seen is the cute graphic you shared. We're getting rain on top of rain. We might have a lake in our yard instead of puddles if this doesn't stop.

The construction guys are here today - working in the attached garage! YAY! They didn't show up at all yesterday.

The third load of bibs are in the washing machine now. The laundry will be finished before lunch.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 03:03 AM   #5893  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends... Have a great Saturday/Weekend!
​​​​​​

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 05:30 AM   #5894  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Jeanette. I see she of few words again lol. Must mean you are soooo busy making all those cards right? I mean laundry should have been done by lunch and guys were working on garage so you must have been bored in the afternoon. Did you get like 10 cards done?

I on the other hand had a super busy day yesterday. I made a caldron of cheesy broccoli soup to take to crafting with the ladies today. Then made 2 casseroles of the corned beef and cabbage roll up things I wanted to make for dinner. One for use and one to drop off at Brads. I worked super hard making the rest of the embellies for the G45 card I was designing for the ladies to make today. Made extras in case of boo boo's while they put their cards together. Cut all their bases and DSP pieces. Then I worked on assembling mine as a sample and kept changing my mind on layout arrangement. Nearly figured it out when it was dinner time and at that precise moment I got the call. The call that made me just throw my arms up and say DANG IT I QUIT! 2 of the gals cancelled (there are only 4 of us now) so the hostess cancelled the day. Man..........I was soo bummed. I mean we re-scheduled but I was really looking forward to this. Ok I'll admit I do live the closest to the hostess. Only 5 miles away and the other 2 had to drive 15 and along open roads with heavy drifting due to winds so I get it. Safety first. But not I have a caldron full of soup cuz I made enough for us ladies to have for lunch and at dinner and for them each to take some home as well as enough for Jim and Nick to have some for dinner while I was gone and give a container to Bridget for her lunchs. I have zero space in my freezer to put containers so I guess today we are having soup for lunch and dinner, I ill also pack some up for my neighbor, I'll see how I can rearrange things in the freezers to accommodate at least 1 container of soup and then I guess send the rest to Bridget and maybe she can give some to her mom. We ended up with around 11 1/2" . Very hard to measure though because drifting was crazy. I'm still getting flurries this morning but it should end later this afternoon but we are in a wind chill advisory alert until the 17th. Tuesdays high is going to be 0. Of course that's the official weather temperature for the airport which is still south east of me so I could be chillier.

So today.......what am I going to do? Well decided to keep going on the embellies and design maybe another G45 card. I'm doing Valentine theme and now have a few scraps from the 2 cards I've got for the ladies to do so I may also make a few tags too. With temperatures dropping starting today It's best to stay home and just craft and now that I've finally brought my stuff out of hiding since the holidays it's time to get my mojo going. lol

Jeanette hope your not floating away. I think I'd take snow over rain. Snow is much prettier. I don't like driving in either so both keep me home bound.

Shelly not sure what your totals were. My friend in Plainfield yesterday complained of the rains coming in and her snow turning into muddy slush. She was so disappointed. I mean she still had snow on the ground but it didn't look like much and there was alot of slush. She has 2 big dogs too, Funny....not funny....the mess outside created a huge mess inside. If you catch my drift. LOL

Lynn do you wish you were us????? Rainy muddy puddle Jeanette.....or Possible Slushy Shelly...Or Snowdrift deep Sue? Hahahahahahahaha

HUGS LADIES
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 06:06 AM   #5895  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, we don't have puddles any more, we now have ice-skating patches EVERYWHERE since all of those huge puddles turned to ice. It's a mess to get out in so Brent is going to take me directly to the door of my dad's assisted living facility today and let me out. He'll come back to pick me up after he and Brock do their DQ lunch and grocery shopping.

About yesterday - yes laundry was finished by lunch. However, again I only got 1 card made. I did stamp images for other cards I need to make. And I did some organizing. But didn't accomplish as much as one would think since I didn't have much needing my attention.

Send some soup my way - it sounds delicious and I think you have enough to share. Seriously, I'm so sorry your day got cancelled. I know you were looking forward to it.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2024, 05:37 AM   #5896  
Die Cut Diva

Oh Boy!!! It's a bit nippy out there. Minus 14 by me with windchills of minus 37. I think we're staying in today. Although weather predicts this will continue through Wednesday. Kids have no school tomorrow due to MLK Day but Tuesday and Wednesday may just be snowdays here due to windchills. I did see on the weather map Jeanette that even further south was having AM temp windchills around -27ish so it looks like you may not be safe from this arctic air either. I'm thinking winter might have arrived. LOL
Jim did the driveway with the snowblower yesterday and I attempted to do the deck just because we didn't really keep up with that the other day and I thought it was a good idea. Until I got out there. That stuff was heavier than...........well I'm sure you know exactly what I'm thinking of saying lol. Needless to say I made a nice little 3x4 foot square on the deck and said this is (*&&^^%%%$&!!!!!!!! and came back in huffin and puffin. It can sit there til spring for all I care now. hahahaha. I must have had a remarkably boring day yesterday because I cannot remember what I did at all. I re-heated soup but that didn't take much time. I glued some stuff on my card. Again not much time. Oh well maybe today I'll be productive. Maybe.

To all of you a happy Sunday. Enjoy whatever you have planned.
HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 02:43 AM   #5897  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Lynn, how were the 3 days? I hope you enjoyed some "me" time!

Shelly, have you settled back in to home routine now? I hope you're able to stay in and not brave the weather.

Speaking of which, that is just way too cold, Susan. Brrrr! Stay home. Do not step out the door for any reason. Crank the thermostat up a degree or two.

Spring cannot come fast enough. LOL!

It was 0 degrees when we got up yesterday, but by the time we got to church we were in a heat wave - it was 3 degrees. Brent preached at one of our country churches yesterday - literally surrounded by fields that will be planted with corn this spring. But right now they are barren, which means the winds can be brutally cold when added to 3 degree temperatures.

Today we have to take The Beast to the body shop to get that damage fixed from when the lunatic rear-ended Brent in front of our house. They say they may have The Beast all week. Sheesh!

Tomorrow is the Preacher meeting. Since it's so cold, Brent thinks soup is a good idea for their lunch, so I'll be fixing them a big pot of soup tomorrow morning. I may just go to the office and cook it there so Brent won't have to transport a pot of hot soup to the office.

Brent has several meetings and appointments this week, but my week looks to be pretty uneventful. Maybe I'll have time to work on some DT cards.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 06:37 AM   #5898  
Die Cut Diva

Hi from the other Alaska! LOL Geeze Louise it is NIPPY. The house is making all sorts of weird noises. During the day Jim and I look at each other often thinking "what the heck was that?" In the middle of the night though it definitely makes you jump a bit. Yesterday I was standing in front of the sliding doors and the deck went BOOM! Couldn't see anything but OMG scared the heck out of me. Then some of these poor birds I swear are so cold that they're freezing mid flight and flying right into the windows. Not stunned enough to fall to the ground but still the noise is so loud I think either the glass is going to shatter or the bird is. And how do those little things stay warm enough to eat at the feeders anyway? I mean heck you buy a $400 Cockatiel from a pet store, they get a draft and die yet these little sparrows live through -27 windchills!
Well did I get anything done yesterday? Nah. I totally blew off the whole day. Made a meatloaf dinner though with roasted potatoes so that was something. Otherwise I surfed the net. Pinterest to be exact while the Packer game played in the background. Maybe today I'll do something hahahaha.

Lynn did ou get to do anything fun? Hope some relax time was in your mix.

Shelly hope your staying warm and that Ray isn't over doing the shoveling. I told Jim maybe we should start considering a plow service when theres 2 or more inchs. With him having AFIB it worries me everytime he insists on doing the heavy stuff himself. We have a small snowblower which works fine for small storms but ones like these last 2 cause him to do alot more regular shoveling.

Jeanette Oooooo chilly by you too! There's no escaping Mother Nature. Bummer The Beast has to be gone all week. Did I ever tell you I had a Van called the Beast? Back when Brad was in High School we had a White Chevy Conversion Van and his dad had a work truck so when Brad got his license the only vehicle to drive was my van. I was pretty lenient with him and basically allowed him to use the van when ever he wanted. Seems crazy considering back then we didn't have cell phones so there was no communication with him once he left with my van. Anyway my van had the spare tire with a hard tire cover on the back door. Remember how vans use to have that on one side and the ladder on the other? Never understood the real reason why vans needed ladders to get up on the roof of the van? I mean what are you going to do up there? And now-a-days I think if you got on top of the roof you'd fall into the inside of the van hahahaha......ok SQUIRREL I know I know.............back to story. So One day I was going to go grocery shopping, Walked in front of the van... got in... took off ...shopped,...unload grocerys when I got home. Then went across the street to talk to my neighbor (we chit chatted alot in my neighborhood) Anyway coming back up my driveway I glance at my van and there on the tire cover was a black and white decal of a skull and crossbones. Above it in big bold fancy font was THE and under the skull was BEAST. Well I went Storming into the house B R A D F O R D!!!!!!! Well I guess he and his friends went to the local sign shop and had my Van Tattooed. He said that way he didn't feel so wierd driving a "MOM VAN" So now I had to drive a teeenager van. Of course me being the "Cool" mom I let it go. He tells Tori that story and she thinks its so cool that he had a van called the BEAST. LOL

Well have a great day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 08:08 AM   #5899  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, my three days off didn't work out as planned as evidenced by my absence here. Working like heck to get two houses winterized for this artic blast. So far we still have electricity and running water. I just hope I have done enough outside to avoid any frozen pipes. About an hour ago we got about 30 minutes of sleet and I went into a panic about keeping my air condition from turning into a block of ice which is did in 2020. I've got water boiling on the stove and am keeping an eye out for ice buildup.

We Texans don't know how to live in this weather. For an old woman living alone taking care of two 95 year-olds it is very stressful! I can't be at two homes at once watching for problems so it will be my house in care of the cats tonight. They will probably do a better job than me!

Wishing I had all that warm and yummy soup, Susan. I at least have about a 1/2 a pot of pinto beans ready that are left over from the church luncheon. I worry a lot for the birds and all those poor cold animals!! What the heck can they do to get warm?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 10:31 AM   #5900  
Die Cut Diva

Lynn part of me was giggling actually and I'm sorry cuz there's really nothing funny about the situation but it reminded me of a meme I saw just yesterday. It was of Texans in a grocery store that had emptied all the shelves with headline Artic storms predicted for most of the mid west and then the meme right next to it said Meanwhile in Chicago...and it was a pic of people tailgating. Stating No worries.
But I do understand your concerns I think. I'm not sure how Texan homes are built but I'm assuming it may be like our 3 season homes are. Our pipes are all above ground so yes consistent temps below freezing could cause bursting water pipes. We don't have central air or heat in our cottage so I have no real worries there plus we aren't there during the winter because of that. Our air/heating system is a Mitsubishi unit where I guess there could be issues if it were to get too cold and the fan blades may freeze. But there again we don't go up there because those units are not rated for those temps. I'm sure you get a giggle out of our whimpiness over the summers. You take on the heat so much better then us. I totally whimp out and wish I lived even further North than I do just to escape the heat. You definitely have your hands full dealing with 2 households. I do not know how you do it. Boy and your parents being 95 and still living on their own amazing. Most folks I have known that have reached that age move into those Senior living places. That would take so much work off your hands because it would be up to the facility but your folks could still be living in an apartment type dwelling. I take it they are against that. Well somewhere sometime I hope you find a few minutes to relax. HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 04:59 PM   #5901  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, that is so funny about your Beast of years gone by. I'm glad Bradford didn't have to drive a granny van. ;)

Lynn, yikes! That IS a lot to tend to keeping two houses going in the midst of the cold spell.I'm sorry it interfered with your three days off.

Susan I'm guessing the only reason Lynn's 95-year-old parents can live at home is because Lynn takes such good care of them. She's a darling daughter!!!

AND one would think at the prices paid for living in facilities, one would get a lot of help/care. But alas, that's not necessarily true. At my dad's assisted living facility they do not get much help. It's so sad.

Well, Brock just went to bed with great sadness. His workplace is closed tomorrow - due to the extreme cold. Poor guy.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-15-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 02:49 AM   #5902  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Brrrr... it's cold.

'nuf said about my weather. I'm a whus, I know. We are fortunate that all we're dealing with is cold temperatures now. Susan, you can have the cold and snow - and move further north for the summer months. I'm ready for summer!

I'll get warm soon, though, as I'll be spending the morning in the kitchen, cooking lunch for today's preachers meeting. Cooking always warms me up.

Hope everyone's morning starts out smoothly and the day gets even better as it goes along!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 05:44 AM   #5903  
Die Cut Diva

Poor Brock........back to bed. As are so many other kids around here as schools are closed today as well. What was suppose to be a 3 day weekend with them all having Monday off for MLK has so far turned into a 5 day weekend . Friday the blizzard whipped in with the diving temps and things have not improved since. Now believe me I am sure there are alot of very HAPPY children around here (I know Brock wouldn't be because he loves his routines and people) but there are alot of moms on FB begging for schools to open LOL I think my DIL's only grip is that the kids have eaten all the lunch snacks she bought earlier last week and now she has no snacks for the school lunches when they do go back yet alone snacks just in general because they ate them all. She said all they do all day long is EAT! She said even making lunches are a challenge because Tori eats leftover anything for breakfast or a snack and of course Brad will take leftovers for his lunch. And all I can do is laugh! WELCOME TO LIFE! LOL
Can you believe I'm still working on the same G45 card? Yep....thought I was done then looked at it and though hmmm maybe it could use something over her. Then I spent the next 3 hours making these tiny nbr 14 embellies that seriously look like they could have taken only 5 minutes to make but noooooo.....took me 3 hours to make 6 of them. As much as I kinda of like the alphabet punch board by WRMK one of the issues I have is that if you line the letters up and punch a word they have a decent space between them that is bigger than I would like. So to correct this to my liking I have to punch 1 letter at a time (or number) at a space I like. So if I wanted to punch out SUSAN I could do it with one punch all lined up there way in no time or punch it 5 times (1 letter at a time) my way taking alot more time. Do I make sense? Anyway my point is I had decided that dumb card needed an extra embellie so I worked on that and therefore I completed nothing again. LOL Maybe today. Ey Yi Yi. Not like I'm going anywhere in this frigid weather anyway.

So Jeanette whats on the preachers menu today? Soup or stew? I'm assuming comfort food? Always a good choice on a chilly day. I think Jim comfort food must be mac and cheese. He's mentioned having it everyday for over a week now. That and kielbasa together. And everytime he mentions it I say no we're having such and such for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll cave tonight. Though I don't really care for either but both guys like it so I guess if I want to stop hearing his suggestion I better cook it. LOL

Lynn you haven't mentioned any good foods lately. I'm guessing the freezer is still pretty full? Did you survive the artic night? I see temps will be on the rise for you later this week.

Waving to Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 08:24 AM   #5904  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh! I like Mac and Cheese... I'll have some. But please no Kielbasa for me.

I made soup for the preachers - a great big pot. And fancy crackers. I always worry if there will be enough food, but no worries today. When I started the soup at 8:30 this morning, Brent was expecting 8-10 preachers. Then the started dropping like flies. By the time the soup was ready to transport to the office, they were down to 3 attending, including Brent. I hope they were/are exceptionally hungry today.

Now, about the card you're working on. After all these days and days of perfecting it, you know you're going to have to show us what it looks like!

Those silly grands might starve now that there aren't any snacks left. Will you come to their rescue?
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 03:58 AM   #5905  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just so there are no doubts about how I feel about the current frigid temperatures...

​​​​​​

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 05:34 AM   #5906  
Die Cut Diva

Its Wednesday and we're having a heatwave!!!! Its 0 degrees!!!!!!! Ok Its still -15 with windchill but later today we should reach a regular 15 but then again they said we are also expecting a couple of inchs of snow tonight and again on Friday. More on Friday than tonight. But next week real be a real heatwave with temps reaching the freezing mark!!!!! YAY!!!!

So what have I been doing????? Trying to stay away from the diningroom!
As I go to the table and I look at my G45 card I keep humming the song "Just walk away Renee" But I just can't help myself. LOL Always looking for a tweek. So no my card is not done yet. LOL But I did put DSP on tags. UGGGGGG....I'm so slow! I'll have to admit though when I started making a couple of the embellies I wanted to keep on going with those. For some reason I really like making these teenie tiny things. Problem is I can make a whole lot more than I'll use in a lifetime. I just find them so fun to do. Jim thinks I'm insane to spend so much time punching out the pieces for a flower and the leaves, gluing it together, waiting for it to dry, then adding something to the center, wait for that to dry, then usually I add some sort of shimmer or sparkle and you have to wait for that to dry. He's like ...."you know it only takes 2 seconds to open up a package of ready made ones and its instant use". Yeah...................I take the long road! LOL Now just to figure out what to do with all these things hahahahahahaha.

Later today I'm suppose to take Tori for her allergy shot. so it'll be the first time I've been out of the house in 2 weeks. YIKES! What a hermit I have become! And I don't even mind staying home. I need to snap out of this and get back into the swing of things.

So what are you all doing?????? Jeanette is Brock back at work now? Is Brent going through a Beast withdrawl yet? Did everyone love your soup?

Shelly what have you been up to?

Lynn..........well I'm sure your busy busy busy. Don't forget to sit a minute or two.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 06:02 AM   #5907  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, you have way more patience than I do. I can't imagine waiting for every layer to dry. But I'm sure your handmade embellishments are gorgeous!

Yes, Brock is back to work today.

No, Brent hasn't been going through Beast withdrawal... because he's been driving Hot Sauce (which I rarely let him do). He was rather frustrated with me yesterday though when I told him he'd have to take the soup to the office in his pickup. No transporting it in Hot Sauce.

Yes, the soup was a hit... but way too much leftovers.

Bundle up when you go out to take Tori for her shot. That's way too cold. (We are currently at 13 degrees. Still too cold for my liking.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 10:05 AM   #5908  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The temperature was up to a warm 18 ° this morning and climbing with no know frozen or broken pipes!! Keeping our fingers crossed on that.

Today is Daddy's 95th birthday!! We celebrated together Sunday while Liz was here. I think there are about 2 slices of his birthday cake left for his dessert today. His gifts, warm sherpa lined pants and sweatshirts. They should keep him warm for the next six weeks before summer hits Texas again.

I saw my first bluejay today!! They have been gone for about 2 months. I am so excited!! I put some peanuts out in the front courtyard!

I did actually get the Christmas tree wrapped and rolled away this morning. I can't remember it ever being up this long. Glad I don't have it staring at me with shame every morning.

Made loaded potato soup (O.K., bought) and hot ham and cheese sliders for Daddy's birthday lunch! The bragged on the soup last time I served it and the weather wasn't nearly as cold.

Jeanette, they probably won't leave me any leftovers. Wish I could get my hands on some of yours of the REAL homemade variety. Congratulations on another stint as a Unity Girl!! How awesome!

We are supposed to have a couple of thawing days and then back to freezing on Friday. At lease this time all is ready. Except for yummy food to eat. I haven't given a thought to what I will serve tomorrow. Today the focus is on laundry. I've got two more hours to work and probably 6 more loads to wash. Still doing linens from the church on Sunday. Glad they don't need them back anytime soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for no funerals.

Be super careful on those frozen roads today, Susan. You wouldn't believe all the crashes we have had here and we only had about 30 minutes of sleet. Texans don't feel the need to slow down for anything!

I saw a sneak peek of the new Graphic 45 beach paper. I know I will be ordering it very shortly!! I know your cards will be divine with all your careful details.

Sounds like you are busy settling back into home, Shelly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 05:11 PM   #5909  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy birthday to your dad, Lynn. It sounds like he's been able to celebrate for a couple of days.

YAY on getting the tree put away for another year. It's a good feeling, I'm sure.

Our house is rather comical - all of the Christmas is down, but the tubs/boxes are stacked in the living room where we once had a sofa. Brock keeps saying "The sofa is gone." Yep, it is, Brock. Instead we have tubs/boxes. Not very homey. LOL!

I'll be glad when the garage is finished and this mess can go where it belongs.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 09:37 PM   #5910  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies!
Popping in to say hello! I did nothing today- finished a book that was very long! My sister told me about it- I am on the fence about the review.... Hubby went into work, so I stayed in my PJ's all day! LOL

Oh Lynn- happy Birthday to your dad- 95- so awesome! His dinner and soup and dessert sounds yummy!

Jeanette- so you are eating tons of leftover soup? Sounds delish! Yeah for Brock to be able to get back to work! It has to be hard for him to adjust to a change in schedule due to weather and all.

Susan- hope Tori does well with her allergy shots. I have done a few rounds of those.....! Hope you do well getting out to take her there as well- did you stop for coffee or drinks like coffee with her? Are you and GS still doing the cooking adventures? Is Claire in school all day? Too funny about all of the treats being eaten! I remember those days.... KaChing!

I have plans to go to Milwaukee this Saturday to meet up with some letterboxing ladies. I am watching the weather. The meet up is at the Milwaukee Public library, which is huge and like a museum! I hope it is a go : ) I will make soup tomorrow to bring, then will head up on Friday and stay in a hotel close-by. We'll see how the weather cooperates. Many stops along the way if the roads are OK. (One is a stamp store). I have a speech therapy appt in the AM before I can leave- doing exercises for my vocal chords......

The weather Saturday is to be sunny and in the teens! Wahoo- heat wave! Next week, many days in the 30's...! In 3 weeks, we are going to go to the Gulf Shores- looking forward to some sunshine!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 02:49 AM   #5911  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Shelly, it's so good to see you -- you do the night-time hours so well. I was sleeping like a baby when you posted.

I hope you're able to go to the letterboxing gathering of friends on Saturday. I'm sure it would be fun!

Gulf Shores? In three weeks? That gives me plenty of time to pack; just stop by and get me on the way, okay?

Waving to Lynn and Susan... and sending my love and virtual hugs to all you gals!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 04:19 AM   #5912  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Shelly! Wait Wait Wait....Stamp store on way to Milwaukee Where???? Do tell! I sure hope the weather cooperates for you but I know they are calling for more snow on Friday. Just what we need right? Well we do have that heat wave to look forward to next week. Yes Tori and I did stop for coffee yesterday after the shot. She chose Dunkin and we sat and chatted for 1.5 hrs. I decided these places need to start including sofas in there places. My butt doesn't like those hard chairs! LOL. Cooking with Bryce isn't as often now that he's in middle school and more involved with after school activities. He's following in Tori's footsteps in a way. He's also in Choir and Band and has tried out for the Spring musical "Seussical the Musical" and got a small part. He's also in Cross Country so the boy is quite active. Claire is in 2nd grade now. Doesn't seem possible does it? She is still very petite and such a little sweetheart who keeps us on our toes. She has crazy ideas though. The other day her dad said after swim lessons she and her mom could go to Walmart and she could pick out the pizza for dinner. So they went and when they got home he asked her what she got and she replied a Cheese pizza and a bag of pea's. Then asked him to make her the pea's. She ate an entire bag of pea's and never did have a slice of pizza. Who is this kid??? LOL

So Jeanette are you still eating soup? Or did you freeze some?

Ugggg....Gotta go. I'll be back...it's Nick time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 06:15 AM   #5913  
Die Cut Diva

Ok I'm back..............Now where was I????? Oh yeah Jeanette and soup. You never did say what kind of soup did you?

Lynn Loaded potatoe soup is one of my favorites. That and spicy tomatoe dill are the 2 I make the most often during the winter. I could probably just switch back and forth everyday just eating soup LOL. Bet your glad to have gotten the Christmas decor down. One less thing to worry about. Thank goodness for no broken pipes. 18 is pretty chilly. I think we warmed up to a high yesterday of 12 and last night it didn't get much lower. Whewwww. Whatever snow they were talking about I'm not really sure where it fell because I saw no difference here. Then again our street is still kind of ice packed from the previous storm. They say we're getting up to 22 today but falling back to 16 by Saturday then up to 32 on Monday. Actually I'm not sure how accurate those temps are for me as those are the temps predicted for Chicago and it's usually a bit warmer near the lake and since I'm North and West of there we are usually colder. You know......it's scary enough driving in this stuff with people who get this weather year after year after year and are more seasoned drivers I don't know how I'd do with Texans who don't have the experience but think they do lol. Oooooo.......yes! I saw the new beach g45 too. So cute. I see that one in my future too.

Well guess what? I finished 6 g45 tags from the scraps from trying to make 1 g45 card! LOL In order to do this I had taken the card and turned it backwards on the fireplace mantle so I couldn't look at it and go all Squirrel. I have left it there and later today I am going to start on card #2. It was also a Valentine fancy fold started same time as g45. All bases and dsp's have been cut already for the gals to start. I have mine started with the dsp adhered and now have to work on front embellishing. HERE WE GO AGAIN! LOL Will this take another week? YIKES, hope not. Maybe I won't be as inspired because its not g45 papers this time. Maybe hahahaha.

Have a productive Thursday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 06:45 AM   #5914  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan... if I were at your house I'd have to turn that card around. Who wants to see the back of a card on display. LOL! Way to go on the tags, though. I'm sure they look great.

I did some sorting and organizing yesterday; but should have been making cards instead. Oh well; it didn't happen. Maybe today.

The soup - no, I'm not eating the leftovers, but Brent is enjoying them. He bought a big package of fajita beef for the soup. We'd had it once before - the meat tastes amazingly good... but there must be some spice in it that my body doesn't like because it gave me heartburn (which I never have) so I'm not risking eating it again. This soup also had a lot of veggies in it. Brent says it's very good, as did the preachers and Brent's friend that he shared a bit of the leftovers with. I wouldn't know personally because I didn't taste it.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 07:05 AM   #5915  
Die Cut Diva

Sorting and organizing is productive too.
Too bad about the meat giving you heartburn. But it does sound yummy. Lucky for me if things are just mildly spicy I can get by with a couple tums to settle my heartburn or sometimes some antacid pills I have. My tomato soup gives me issues but I really like it so I just drug myself lol. A bit of Imodium sometimes is needed if you catch my drift but since its not like I eat this stuff all the time I think it's worth just taking some meds to settle things down and enjoy what I like eating. Yep I'm a glutton for punishment hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2024, 02:05 AM   #5916  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, I'm glad you've figured out what meds to take so you can enjoy the soup/foods you enjoy. I didn't really try anything as I didn't know what to try. I've only had heartburn 1-2 other times in my life so really hadn't even thought about what to do about it.

Lynn, how are things post-birthday? Back to normal or still celebrating Dad's birthday?

Shelly, I hope the weather cooperates and you have a safe trip to Milwaukee today for tomorrow's letterboxing get together.

Today is Mt. Laundry day here - and I need to get to work on some cards. The guys will be gone part of the day - Brock has an appointment to remove his stitches. They'll likely get something to eat before coming home, so I don't even need to fix supper for three; just me.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2024, 04:22 AM   #5917  
Die Cut Diva

Hello Friday! Thanks for arriving with a couple more inchs of snow lol. But it's done for now except for south of me I guess they will be getting more from lake effect. Some high amounts in Indiana. Heard a part of Michigan will be getting over 20" YIKES!!!!!

Jeanette sounds like you have an easy day ahead of you. Well except laundry part since you helper will be missing. Hope Brock does ok with removal of stitches. Especially since they always numb you when they put them in but when they remove them they just pul them out and if any are stuck? Well I remember well how that stuck pinch really kind of hurt as they pulled it out. Not fun. Glad its Brent taking him and not you. If your anything like me I'd be babying him as they took them out. My mommy instinct kicks in and Nick automatically turns into a 2 yr old in my eyes lol. I know dumb. hahahaha.

So today I need to get a birthday card made. One of the ladies was suppose to design one for a little boys birthday for all of us to do at our gathering and then I wasn't going to have to worry about it. But then our plans got cancelled but I still needed a card and of course I haven't thought about it at all until now and I need it for tomorrow. I work best under pressure lol. But I also want to work on that other Valentine card so I can maybe do a blog post eventually hahahaha. Nope I did not wok on stuff yesterday. We decided at last minute to thaw out the van which hadn't moved since the first storm and all of us head out to the grocery store. Got home in time for lunch and then I started on making dinner for us and an extra to take to Brads. The veggie/kielbasa thing. I got there's put together, cooked and dropped off and then home again to start ours. No play time for me.

Lynn any cake left???? I feel like I could use a slice!

Waving to Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2024, 02:30 AM   #5918  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Well shucks. It looks like I never made it back to the thread yesterday. I had good intentions.

Brock did fine - he's such a good patient. When they got home I asked him what the doctor did and he replied "She took the whole thing out."

I managed to get the laundry finished yesterday and made four cards, too. It was a good day.

We'll see what today holds.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2024, 06:32 AM   #5919  
Die Cut Diva

Sunny days....Sweepin the Clouds away! I may not be heading to Sesame Street but I am heading out to my grandnephews bday party this afternoon and it is so nice to see bright sun again.. We had sun yesterday morning but it got cloudy in the afternoon. I got ZERO done again. Geeze what is wrong with me????? This morning I really need to make that card I said I was making yesterday for Jacks bday since it's today and then tonight I need to clear the dining table because the kids decided to come over tomorrow for family dinner. They sure don't come as often as they use to now that everyone is in school full time and the kids all have after school activities. I'm starting to be a little envious of the other grandma. She gets to see the kids everyday and has everyone for family dinner every friday. Plus the grands have their sleepover that night. Originally that was the set up when Tori was first born because I had her everyday and we had Monday night dinners so the other grandma took Friday as her night. Well as luck would have it as time goes on Fridays are the only nights that none of the kids have after school activities so the other grandmas Friday has not had to change in the last 15 years. Mine however has been all over the week. Another advantage she has is that she lives just 6 houses away on the same block so every morning she shows up, walks the kids to the bus stops or in Tori's case drives her to school and every afternoon picks the kids up from the bus stops which are actually just 3 houses away from DIL's house and then she brings the kids back to her house so Brad can come home from work and have a peaceful shower before she sends the kids back home. I'm only called upon in the case of an emergency because I'm 3 miles away. Therefore I go sometimes weeks without seeing the kids. I'm whining right? Ok I'll "Suck it up Buttercup" LOL.

So glad they took the WHOLE THING OUT. Wouldn't want them to leave any leftovers. Brock has his way with words. hahaha. Puttting me to shame Jeanette....4 cards????? Impressive!
And laundry too?????? Wow you were quite productive.

Well I have to go find Jacks bday present. I shoved it somewhere.......hmmmm. Wonder what crevice it ended up in Hahahahaha

Waving to Lynn and Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2024, 06:45 PM   #5920  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Checking in before bedtime... so Susan, did you find the gift? Did you get the birthday card made? Inquiring minds want to know.

i dealt with Daddy today - EEK! He says neither of his hearing aids work. We managed to get on to work, but not the other one. He told me he'd tried everything - changed the batteries and filters, tapped on it, even threw it on the floor. Well, that might just be the problem. UGH!

It's a goat rodeo for sure.

I came home and colored.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes