Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2024, 03:13 AM   #6321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,069 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

​​​​​​

Women get the ummm... credit??? for traits that men are masters at, for sure. I am sorry about Jim's cavities. I can see why he isn't happy. Speaking of happy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tori! I know she's going to love the bed makeover.

What's this?!!??!!?!?!? You're leaving for a week??? Oh, wait. I guess I can't complain as we are leaving for 4 days. BUT who will keep chatting while we're gone? Maybe what they say is right - silence is golden. Nah! Silence is highly over-rated.

Waving to our more silent friends - Lynn and Shelly - and sending love to all of you!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2024, 05:18 AM   #6322  
Die Cut Diva

Received 950 Likes on 871 Posts

Yeah I can't wait to make her bed. Just wish the rest of this teenagers room was clean so that it would look REAL impressive! LOL But I guess thats teenagers for you, or at least "this" teenager. She's all excited about today. Her Chorus teacher is having a huge BBQ for the music dept late this afternoon. Parents, students staff are invited and bring dishs to pass. She's super excited. She said it's like having a huge Birthday party with all her music/theater friends and not have to pay for it! Hahahahahaha. Nice way to think of it I guess.

You know there is not alot that can silence me unless the internet or cell connection doesn't work so I doubt this will be silent. I do have a knack for talking to my BFF. Her name is SELF. Remember her? She's been on here before. You really should invite your BFF to join sometime.

So far I have only re-filled some glue bottles and gathered a few things for working on embellies while I up there this trip. Other than that I have packed NOTHING. I better get cuttin' or I'll be up at 2am trying to get things done. Easy for you Jeanette since you don't seem to need beauty sleep but I need all the help I can get and losing some so I can pack will nearly kill me.

Well I need to get going since I need this stuff done for Tori in morning. She has early release. Since she picked it out (except sheets) I know she'll love it. Well she doesn't know about the Peace sign pillow from Nick either but my "hippie" lovin' granddaughter will love that too.
I'll take a pic but I never have luck posting pics on SCS and a pic of her bedroom on FB doesn't seem right so I may have to message one to you if you guys want one. No big deal if you don't I mean it is just a bed LOL. Not like it belongs to the Queen or anything hahahahaha.
Ok gotta go........talk later

HUGS
Oh BTW, just read that millennials' hate it when "Boomers" do this: ............................ the row of dots and then continue our thoughts. Do the "............" drive you nuts? I know I use them. My reason is because I find I'm not finished with the sentence so there shouldn't be a period but its not suppose to be a comma and if I just continue typing the sentence seems weird because it was meant to be read with a pause. So I use the .........as a pause. Do I make sense? Inquiry minds want to know? And this was all a bunch of nonsense nobody really wants to know right? hahahaha
Ok bye
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2024, 07:20 AM   #6323  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no! I love the ............

I guess that means I'll just drive the millennials nuts!

YES! I do want a picture! Please and thank you!

Speaking of beauty sleep.... (there I go again with the ...) I tend to go to bed around 10:15-10:30 and read a wee bit before sleeping. Well... last night, our neighbor who has been absent from his property for a month, was MOWING HIS YARD at 11:00 pm. Yes, in the dark. And his yard is not far from our bedroom window. Needless to say, I read much longer than usual last night.

Okay, why was he mowing at 11:00 at night? My theory is this - he is going through a divorce and has a restraining order against him with his soon to be ex. Oh the stories I could tell. About him supposedly putting the house for sale by owner (but not giving a way to contact him) and then hurriedly packing and leaving about a month ago. No sight of him for weeks. His yard was VERY overgrown. He is seen for weeks until yesterday, when he slipped in briefly then left again, only to come back way after dark and mowing his yard then. Do you think he was hiding from the ex or the police by mowing at that time? BTW, he's gone again. I think he left right after he mowed. Crazy!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2024, 08:32 AM   #6324  
Die Cut Diva

Oooooo........I doo love a good mystery. Maybe you could become a Nancy Drew? Investigate? Did his wife leave too? Or.........is she in the basement?????? Does some of that freshlly mowed grass look greener than the rest of the lawn? Indicating that it could have been a seeded area where he may have buried a weapon! And he let it grow long so the new seed could take hold. Maybe..........hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2024, 01:38 PM   #6325  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

His wife has been gone since before we moved here. I'm not sure how long they've been separated, but it has been a long time. And there's no basement. The yard is covered with wilting/browning grass clippings now.

He kept mowing over and over the same area last night, chopping up the grass to make clippings. It went on for a very long time.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2024, 05:22 PM   #6326  
Die Cut Diva

I like my story better lol
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Forest Ranger (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 03:09 AM   #6327  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Lynn, Shelly, and Susan, your friendship means so much to me! I'm glad we found one another!!!

Susan, you could be write a great mystery and become rich and famous!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2024, 05:47 AM   #6328  
Die Cut Diva

Well........Your stuck with me ONE MORE DAY! Why, you ask? Because we're not ready. LOL Still need to gather stuff. This always seems to happen though. Say we're leaving Monday? We actually leavie Tuesday. Leaving Wednesday? Nope, leave Thursday. So Why would I leave on Thursday like I said I would? History says it will be Friday. LOL.
I don't know about a mystery writer Jeanette. I'm more of an impromptu writer. Haven't you noticed that I'm very inconsistent with blog posts. I can't commit to anything. If I were to write a mystery book it would either have to be one of those Ellery Queen Minute Mysterys like back in the day or it would take me like over 40 years to get the book to a publisher. Yeah my cup of tea so to say. LOL
So obviously you know what I have going today. More packing or shall I say gathering. I don't really pack for the cabin I just kind of shove stuff into nooks and crannies in the van lol.
BTW Tori LOVED her room and I did take a pic to show her folks so they could see it before she totally wrecked it. Let me tell ya the things that girl had in her bed, and under that mattress. Plastic bags, her chorus dress (no joke, rolled up like a pillow sheesh)a ton of small stuff animals between the mattress and the wall from head to foot. A couple pencils and a foot long eraser? What the heck? Clean folded tee's, Crazy. The other 2 were excited to recieve new bed pillows. An unexpected plus for them due to the fact that when I bought Tori's it was a 2 pack so I gave 1 to Claire then felt bad for Bryce so I bought another 2 pack so he could have 1. The extra I'll take to the cabin and replace one from up there.
So Jeanette I assume your packing but I forgot where you're going and what you're doing. But I know you're leaving tomorrow and unlike me when you say Friday you mean Friday lol.
Waving to Lynn and Shelly. Hope your enjoying the crazy antics we have going on here LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2024, 07:56 AM   #6329  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I really KNEW you wouldn't leave today. Usually it's Jim's fault... are you saying this time it's your fault???

Yes, we plan to leave by 8:00 am tomorrow. No, I'm not packing. I'll pack in the morning. After all, how long can it take? We are going to Missouri for my family reunion... but SHHHH! Don't tell Daddy. He would think he could go, too, but there's no way he could handle the trip. We'll also spend time with my uncle who lost his wife 3 months ago. We'll drop by for less than an hour to see my sister and brother-in-law. That's all she can handle. And we'll go to the cemetery to check on my mom's grave. Did I mention my parent's plots are in a little dinky country cemetery (no one really claims ownership) that is less than a mile from the farm they had and the home they built? It's a great fit for their wishes... but since no one really owns it, things like grave care are left mostly to the families. They do mow, but that's about it. BUT we have no family there other than my sister and she doesn't know anything about the cemetery, so that's left to us, too. And we live a hard 10-hour drive away.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2024, 11:36 AM   #6330  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 461 Likes on 350 Posts

Wishing all you traveling gals lots of fun on your out of two adventures!! Kick your heels up and have a blast!!

I'll be locked down at the folks' house for the next three days! Hope to get some crafting and some reading for pleasure done.

Today is jam packed with doctor visits and hair cuts. Should be settled in by 5:30 to kick back and relax.

Be safe!! Happy Trails!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2024, 02:20 AM   #6331  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

And Happy Saturday, Happy Sunday, Happy Monday, Happy Memorial Day, Happy Looooong Weekend. How's that for a lot of happy!?!?!?!?

Lynn, it's so good to see you! I am praying your 3 days of lock-down go smoothly and that you are able to enjoy some crafting time as well as reading for pleasure.

Susan, have a safe trip... I hope all goes well with opening the cabin!

Shelly, do you have big plans for the holiday weekend? I hope it is enjoyable, whatever you're doing!

Sending love and hugs to all of you!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2024, 06:12 AM   #6332  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Two days went smoothly. Sunday was spent in the emergency room with Daddy. Sent home after testing showed no serious issues.

Today the care-giver is sick so I am just here at home only to get clothes and meds through tomorrow. Packing up some crafting stuff, too. One card has to get made and posted this morning. I'll post it from my phone to Facebook and then the rest of the sites tomorrow (if I get back home).

I'll read up on all of your adventures later today while I am in lockdown!

Enjoy your holiday!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2024, 01:33 AM   #6333  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

We had a GREAT trip!

Lynn, I'm sorry your dad needed to go to the ER, but am thankful he was cleared to go home. I'm praying whatever was happening will not cause further problems. I'm also praying the caregiver is able to return soon. How are you holding up?

Waving the Susan and Shelly. Sending love and hugs to all of you!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2024, 03:11 AM   #6334  
Die Cut Diva

Oh no Lynn...I'm so sorry to hear about daddy. Hope he's doing ok. So hard when they're that age. It's never ending so it seems. Hard on you too. Hang in there girl. We're all here to lend an ear.
Jeannette glad your trip went without a hitch. Did Brock enjoy the family visits?
I'm 1 finger typing so this will not be a novel. I still up north. Nothing went as planned. Mice ran a muck causing a mess, coffee pot broke, only nice day without rain (Saturday) we had to drive the 60 mile round trip to get a new coffee pot so decide we might as well buy grocerys there instead of our usual place. Only to realize when it came time to wash dishes that hot
waterheater is broke. No one answers phones on holiday weekend in touristville so we are stuck with ice water. Swale behind house us overflowing due to all the rains so driveway is flooded and internet fades in and out due to heavy rain and fog. Yep! Fun times!
waving to Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (06-06-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 12:59 PM   #6335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I am so sorry you're facing one challenge after another. I'm praying things smooth out soon.

Yes, Brock enjoyed the visits - and even petted a puppy!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2024, 06:56 PM   #6336  
Die Cut Diva

Awwww....and you didn't bring a puppy home?
I want a puppy, though I'm pretty picky due to allergies. Needs to be small non-shed type so anything mixed with poodle works for me.

So we're on the road first thing tomorrow. Forgot to mention other 2 disasters we encountered. Large tree limb on roof totally destroyed roof vent and then heating element in hot water heater fried. Guy came late today and replaced so I finally got to stop boiling water to wash dishes. Talk in a day or two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2024, 02:01 AM   #6337  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, there was only one puppy there - it belonged to a second cousin of mine. Cute little thing, too. So calm and sweet, which is why Brock was able to grow comfortable with it. Poor thing though - it's name is Dog.

I'm glad you have hot water again, but am sorry about all of the problems.

Lynn, is the caregiver well enough to come to work today? I sue hope so!

Shelly, what's up in your world?

I had a horrible no good very bad day with my Dad yesterday. I told Brent I'm sending him back, but Brent told me I couldn't. Ugh!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2024, 01:58 AM   #6338  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jeanette said --

Self replied --

More from Jeanette --

Self once again --

Shucks! I'm not as good at talking to myself as Susan is.

When did she say she was coming back???

Hi Lynn and Shelly!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2024, 08:23 AM   #6339  
Die Cut Diva

Ok "Lil Miss Whinner" is this your subtle (not so subtle) way of getting me to come one here in the middle of me cleaning for a party to give you a a talkin' too? For Pete's Sake girl! Get with the program! You don't just say self... (and leave it blank) then Jeanette...(and then leave IT blank!) Whats the matter with you??? Don't you EVER talk to your self ??????? If that's how you do it...by saying absolutely nothing to your self...well then I think you have a problem! I know you learn from example. Which I thought I showed you in the past but apparently I have to.......take...1....thing....at....a...time....at ...a.....much....slower...pace. Let me...repeat...a....short...self...conversation.
me: Hi self, What's uo today?
Self: Not much. Just once again I need to teach Jeanette how to speck to me.
me: Ughhh..oh man, I hate repeating my self. I thin start looking like a lunitic when I start making all the frustrating faces.
Self: You think you look stupid just think how I look when I'm not even a real person.
me: Oh yeah. Got me there. Ok I'm going back to my cleaning.
self: good idea Have a good day.

I shall also say that at sometime there are going to be 2 women (shhhh...shelly & lynn....I typed in lowercase cuz I'm whispering) who are going to be rolling on the floor laughing at this conversation!

Poor Jeanette...you know I luv ya. Sometimes you just make it so easy for me to get into my comic act! hahahahahahaha. Do not take any of this as serious. It is all in fun HUGS.

Last edited by HOBBYSUE; 05-30-2024 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2024, 09:57 AM   #6340  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Love that you two Zannies keep things hopping around here!! What a hoot you both are!! It sure gives a boost to my spirits to drop in and see your craziness!! I so need it these days.

Yes, the care giver made it in on Tuesday, and thank goodness she did. I have major grocery and supply shopping to do that morning. Wednesday was a follow up to ER visit with my dad's primary care doctor. He is sending us to a cardiologist for additional testing. So of my 24 hours of free time that I have scheduled each week, I actually got to use for myself 12 hours. I must sound like a bitter old hag! I often feel like it.

Today I seem to have all six hours to myself. Spent it doing some retail therapy and a mountain of laundry. Got Daddy signed up for the Lease a Flag Program our local Boy Scout Troop does. That will be his Father's Day gift this year. The scouts come out and plant an American Flag in the front yard for several days around all patriotic holidays. I think he will love it since he can no longer get his flag out and up. Many people in our neighborhood do it including myself.

I also visited The Ton and ordered from them. Had trouble with their site and was only able to get 1 of the 11 items I wanted. I also want to get some Blue Knight things I love! Do you have a DT code I can use to give you credit for that order, Jeanette?

My cats have been very clingy today! I have had so little time with them this week and will not be back at the house until Monday when I leave this afternoon.

Love that Brock got to enjoy some valuable dog time! How sweet!

Susan, sounds like your week at the cabin was filled with unfortunate events just like my week was!! Guess we are just two peas in a pod!

Will be packing up a craft bag and a clothes bag for the weekend over at the folks. Also will be starting a new book and filling in with a nap or two!

Keeping my fingers crossed that Shelly is out and about living the good life!!

Luck and love to all!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2024, 11:03 AM   #6341  
Die Cut Diva

Lynn if you're a "Hag" then I'm a "Nag"! Hmmmm what would that make Jeanette????? A "Lag"? Cuz she's lagging behind on the "Self" talking thing? hahahahahahaha Oh and we have to get Shell in here.....she's so quiet tho, so its going to be hard. Maybe we'll just call her the "Wag" cuz that's what she'll be doing. Wagging her finger at us (or at least me) saying "Stop misbehaving!" hahahaha
So sorry things have been so rough. Here I'm complaining about stupid stuff and you have way more rights to complain. You deserve way more than 6 hours my dear. I do hope you find some peace and quiet with that new book. I'm looking forward to some peace as soon as this bday party of Tori's is over on Saturday. Its all teenagers showing up for Taco bar and a movie and s'mores in my back yard. Its what she wanted for her 16th bday so how could I say no. She still hasn't decided on the movie and DIL has dropped off a ton of food and water and soda's to my kitchen and we're getting the area ready outside for the screen to be put up and spaced cleared for chairs and benchs. Not nearly as hectic as your days have been.
Hang in there but step out of that pod once in a while to clear your head.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2024, 11:22 AM   #6342  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wait!!! Susan, cleaning is highly over-rated. Stay and talk to me (and my self, too). Sheesh! Then I went on to read.... do you mean you're cleaning for a bunch of teenagers? Need I remind you that they all have chaotic bedrooms as bad or worse than the one you found at Tori's house?

Lynn, I am sorry you've had so little time for yourself of late. I think you take it quite well! I'd be grumping to everyone. No, the Blue Knight DT doesn't get an affiliate code. I wish I did so I could provide you a wee discount. Did you have any of the horrible weather that parts of Texas have had? I love love LOVE that Lease a Flag program! I wish we had something like that around here!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2024, 01:57 PM   #6343  
Die Cut Diva

Hahahahaha....You are Right Jeanette. I'm sure their rooms are just as chaotic as Tori's is! Let me clarify a bit. The beginning of the party will be adults. Both family as well as a few of Brad and Bridgets close friends for the taco buffet as well as Tori's friends. So yes I'd like my house presentable for them. If it were just for Tori's friends I wouldn't be so anal. In fact I asked her earlier if I could just put a sheet up behind the shed for the kids to use as a port-a-potty. She said sure until I said "Great! And when the partys over you can dump the bucket over at the sewer plant on the other side of town" She was like "Wait a minute......I have to empty it myself?" (me) "YUP" (her) "Ummm, please can we come in and use the downstairs bathroom?" LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2024, 03:12 AM   #6344  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Well, I guess that does explain the cleaning, Susan. I'm giggling about the "port-a-potty" and it's needed clean up. Tori's request needs serious consideration.

Unlike you, Lynn, this is a free day for me - short of an emergency call, I'll not see my dad today. I will be thinking of you as you head into your weekend at your parents.

Shelly, sure hope all is well with you.

Brock and I will be climbing Mt. Laundry today - a day late this week, since he worked yesterday due to the holiday on Monday. i hope to also do some fun crafty things. Oh, and I guess I better figure out what to fix for supper.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2024, 10:45 AM   #6345  
Die Cut Diva

Food is over rated! LOL I have no idea for supper so maybe we'll have a bowl of cereal. hahahahaha.
Well I stopped cleaning and now I'm just a blob of blah. I have no ambition. Plus now I hear it's suppose to rain tomorrow! UGH.....I don't want everyone inside! Now I want to sit in a corner and hide. Guess I'm just not up for this party. After all the cleaning stuff up north then to come home to more cleaning for the party....well...I just am not in the mood. I'd rather it was for next week. I know I know...I should stop complaining. Poor Lynn is having a way worse time than I am. I wonder what book she's reading? Oooopppsss......squirrel heeheehee.

So you're doing laundry. Fun! Do you have any of those cicadas by you? If so what does Brock think of them? By me we have none and I have yet to hear any up north. Although on our FB community pages people are saying they are coming out in their yards. Well 'm not sure if they are being honest or not because I know what those suckers sound like and I haven't heard a peep anywhere in my neighborhood or the close ones near me and yet people are saying they are all over their yards and deafening. Yeah ok....I'll believe you when I hear them. now others have them I've seen on the news but it's not near me. More like 10 to 30 miles away and I wouldn't hear those but the news people have shown those. Anyway just wondering if you have any and what Brock thinks.

Shelly hope your enjoying whatever your up to. Have I been entertaining enough on here for you lol.

Lynn I hope and pray that you have an uneventful weekend with some sort of peace and quiet.
HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2024, 12:07 PM   #6346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my goodness... YES we definitely have the Cicadas. Those critters are SO NOISY!!! Is this an unusual year? We've not heard them in town the entire time we've lived here so I don't know if it's just because we moved to the country or if this is an unusual year. They are LOUD! And constant! And even suicidal. When Brock and I were sitting on the porch waiting for his bus one morning, one came up and flew between us - RIGHT INTO THE BIG WINDOW. He fell down to the floor of the porch (yes, he, because no woman would be that stupid, right?) and layed there for several minutes. Then he (okay, maybe a she, because this WAS pretty dramatic and we already discussed that there's more drama with girls than boys)... in any case he/she got up and flew off.

Say what!?!??!!? I hope the silly little thing doesn't sue us for injuries sustained on our porch.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2024, 12:08 PM   #6347  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops! I distracted myself so much I forgot to mention - Brent is grilling burgers and hot dogs for supper. Hmmmmm... should we invite the cicadas to join us, since they're in the neighborhood?

Nah! Let them fend for themselves.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2024, 02:07 PM   #6348  
Die Cut Diva

My dear where have you been???? This year IS special. Its a time where the normal yearly cicadas are being joined by the emergence of both the 13 (I think thats the right nbr) AND the 17 year cicadas. So YES, it is going to be way more loud this year than what it is normally when we only have the regular yearly ones. It's been all over the news, papers, FB community pages, and regular internet for weeks. So if you're hearing them...get use to it. You're one of the lucky ones (LOL...not) that have to put up with the racket. As for the sex of those buggers.....I think they could be a bit of both. hahahaha the drama of a girl the stupidity of a guy heeheeheehee.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2024, 03:04 AM   #6349  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Well... I check the news feed on my computer when I first get on in the mornings (before I come to SCS). That's the only news I get of the day unless for some reason I choose to re-visit later in the day. AND there has been NO mention of Cicadas in the feed. So I had not heard about them at all.... not to say I haven't heard them. They are NOISY little bugs!

Okay, it's a sad day here. I'm going to have to move - yes, MOVE. We can no longer stay in the house I love. (Brent found a snake in the yard late last night.) Have I ever mentioned I do not like snakes???

Brent tells me it will be okay, but I'm not sure. I still think moving is better than living with snakes in the yard. EEK!!! I may have to move to Alaska since they don't have snakes there.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (06-06-2024)
Old 06-01-2024, 05:34 AM   #6350  
Die Cut Diva

Get out of here....you're not going to move. Ok snakes are not fun. I get it. I'm not a fan either but MOVE???? What does Brent say about this? And Alaska???? You do know there are Bears and Wolverines that even scare huge bears off their kills they are so fierce. You are not moving to Alaska. If you can't handle being in an area where there's a snake a wolverine is definitely not up your alley.

Well they are still calling for rain. It is almost here and DIL has a ton of people for this Sweet 16 party. EY YI YI. I think I may have a headache by evenings end. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend!
Without anymore snake sightings
HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2024, 01:45 AM   #6351  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Susan, don't hold back, my friend. Go ahead and tell me how you really feel about me moving. LOL!

Sheesh! some people can sure squelch another's plans. I DID plan to move to Alaska (where there are NO snakes) but Susan and Brent put a halt to that.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2024, 05:04 AM   #6352  
Die Cut Diva

LOL.................The "POWER" of people who work together. heeheeheeheee

Be back in a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2024, 09:03 AM   #6353  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Back home for a bit today just to find that Jeanette is packing up to move again! I hear Ireland is another option for people who don't like snakes!! You will have to take Texas off the list for sure! Darn!!

How did that Sweet 16 party go, Susan? Do you have a headache. The cicadas alone would have my ears ringing here. Yes, we have them by the tree full. Funny story, as I child I used to shoot them with a BB gun and the neighbor's dog would gobble them up when they hit the ground! I had better eyesight and better aim back in the day!

I did get some stamping and die cutting done over the weekend. I also got some depression cookies made for my folks. They have been a part of our family for decades, but I hadn't made any in a while. They consist of graham crackers with a filling of thick buttercream frosting between them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2024, 10:50 AM   #6354  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wait! What?!?!?! You're making cookies that cause depression, Lynn? That's some tradition your family has. ;) I'm just teasing. I know the kind of cookies you're talking about. My mom used to make those when I was a kid.

Susan, come back! You've caused me to razz sweet Lynn, since you weren't here and I needed to razz someone. Shame. on. you.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2024, 05:51 PM   #6355  
Die Cut Diva

Oooppss....I forgot to come back! LOL Please forgive me! Jim hijacked me to Visionworks to pick up his new glasses. Then we got home and it was past lunch so I got that together, got Nick down for a nap and then searched for craft ideas for Claire. We will be having the kids next weekend. Brad had wanted to go to Michigan to see the ceremony for the retirement of the anchor of the USS KITTYHAWK. The Air Craft Carrier was retired a few years ago and the anchor was saved from salvage and will be put on display. It just so happens that this is the ship that Brad served on in Japan his entire time he was in the Navy and during Operation Enduring Freedom when the Twin Towers were hit. So it's a sentimental thing for him and I guess a couple of his Navy buddies will also be at the ceremony. Anyway we will have the kids so Claire is all excited that there will be lots of crafts. (OH MY) So I best start looking now. Found a small pallet flag she can paint and a cloths pin dragonfly but I need a few more. Bryce is going to do chores which he is thrilled about because he'll earn money to go towards his new gaming thing he wants so I don't have to entertain him and Tori has play rehearsals all weekend so she's covered. Plus she's 16, don't have to entertain her as long as she has her phone lol.

Now about those cookies......................................I think I eat too many of those. I eat..gain weight.....get depressed. Do not like depression cookies hahahahahahaha. Thats how it works right? (snicker)

Shame on you giving Lynn grief Jeanette. Boy oh boy you get your undies in a bundle pretty quickly. I mean Good Golly Miss Molly.
Ok now I have had an exhausting day. Driving, cooking, cruising through Pinterest, cooking some more, doing dishes, giving Jeanette the business, so now I'm signing off til tomorrow. At which time I am sure I will be doing practically the very same things I did today minus the glasses. hahahahaha.

Have a good evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2024, 02:16 AM   #6356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

​​​​​​

Whine. Whine. Slap in the face. Whine Whine. Slap in the face. Whine. Whine. Slap in the face.

Is anyone else sensing a pattern here? LOL!

I am leaving in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow for an out-of-town meeting so I won't be on SCS tomorrow. I'm quite stressed about this meeting. Our state leader is doing a panel discussion for an upcoming podcast and wants me in the panel - but that's all I know. She's really good thinking on her toes, no prep needed. I'm more of a get my thoughts in order before speaking kind of gal.

Sheesh! She hasn't even given a specific time to be there.... just said tomorrow morning. And it's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me so I'd kind of like to know what time I'm to arrive. BUT... no more whining from me or Susan might slap me silly again.

It's not an over-night trip, just a long day, so I'll be back on SCS on Thursday.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (06-06-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 04:11 AM   #6357  
Die Cut Diva

Hahahahahaha.....Jeanette I have a better idea for my attitude. How about we change that "Whine" into "Wine"? Then I'd stop trying to whip people into shape and you can "Slap" me around for being foolish! Lets change it up!

My DIL is a planner too. Does not like being told "ok see you in the morning" She wants an exact time. She also plans "EVERYTHING" months in advance. At Christmas she asked Tori what theme she wanted for her Birthday so she could get it all worked out. Tori was like "I don't even know what I want for breakfast today yet"! LOL Anyway it's funny cuz Bridget will tell me...... "Today we'll do this at 9 then go here at 10:22, leave at 11, arrive here at 11:15 stay til 2 go to so & so's at 2:10, get back home by 4, eat at 5, take Bryce to ? at 6, get home by 7:20, then bath times and the kids will be in bed by 9 so I'll call you at 9:15." I'm like are you sure you can squeeze me in? LOL. Well Jeanette I do hope your meeting goes well whatever it is and whatever the time it is at.

Tori's bday party went well..................I guess ok. First of all the food was great. DIL did a great job with her Taco bar. Balloons were delivered from Party City and she ordered cupcakes from Walmart which were ok but I was really hoping for the Costco ones cuz those are way more yummy but not my call. All the friends she invited showed up so Tori was super excited and did that teenager scream when each one arrived. LOL Bummer part it rained. Then after dinner it did clear so Brad went to the shed for the movie screen cuz she still wanted to try for that but................we found it was tanken over by a huge nest of ANTS! Yest ANTS. Craziest thing we ever saw. Screen was in a box in the rafters and when Brad opened it there was a huge nest of ANTS and their GROSS eggs. He immediately got out the huge sprayer and sprayed the heck out of the shed while the screen and box went right into the burning barrel. No clue why ants would move into a movie screen and box for nesting. Anyway Tori settled on just having the bonfire in the fire pit and did s'mores and the kids listened to their music. There's a stereo blu tooth system in the shed so they were able to connect their phones. All in all her party was great in her opinion and that was all that counted.

Today I plan on putting together some crafts to see if they're simple enough for Claire. Thats about the extent of my day. Plus I think it's going to rain again. UGH.

Whatcha up to today? Or did you tell me already?

Waving to Lynn and Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (06-06-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 05:02 AM   #6358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, so you're saying you need wine - at 6:00 in the morning? Do we need to initiate an intervention for you?

Shifting hats now - from teenage girls and the necessary screaming that goes with that ---- to simple craft projects for Miss Claire. i hope you manage to come up with great options for her. You are an amazing Ama!

Today? I'm getting a haircut! Then I have to go to Daddy's and count even more pens/pencils. Yikes! I do not have enough fingers and toes for this!

I'm okay with tomorrow, since no one can see me -- it's a podcast! And if I don't know what to say, I'll just be quiet and nod my head in agreement with those who are talking, though no one can see head nodding either. I actually feel much better about this after hearing how organized Bridget is. I'm flexibility personified, compared to her! Shhh! I didn't really say that, did I? I hope that doesn't sound critical of your DiL.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2024, 05:27 AM   #6359  
Die Cut Diva

LOL you crack me up! No we don't need an intervention this early in the morning. Heck if I have a glass once every 3 months it's a miracle. Now Kahlua is another story hahahaha. Just kidding. Though that is my beverage of choice when gathering with the ladies. They have their red wines I have my Kahlua.
Haircut sounds like fun. Boy I need mine. I had to cancel mine when we had decided to go open the cabin now I need to reschedule. But I'm not sure I understand counting pens and pencils. Are you missing some? Guess its better to be missing those than your marbles hahahahahahaha. Now I'm cracking ME up! So if your going for a hair cut does that include lunch with the 2 handsome gents in your life? Isn't that how it usually worked? Or am I confused? Wouldn't be the 1st time.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2024, 06:18 PM   #6360  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good evening all. The haircut was great - I feel so much better.

Oops! I must not have told you about the pen/pencil counting task. My mom collected pens/pencils (the advertising kind mostly) for years and years. My dad told a couple of people at his home about them and they wanted to know how many he has. Soooo... I needed to count them. Final Count is a total of 1,116.

Of course my dad is the one who wanted to know how many so he could tell them, but did he help with the counting? Nope!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (06-06-2024)