Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2022, 12:57 PM   #201  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,231 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Kandie, looks like the way our house looked when they were pups. We bought puppy play pens.
We still have gates now to keep them out of the family/media room and away from Athena. She does not tolerate Ember very well and vice versa. Accalai doesn't mind Athena and Athena tolerates her for some reason.

Yes, we fed them twice a day when they were pups. But we did it early with the last feeding at 3:30 to 4:00 P.M. Due to them pooping all the time. Eating so late had them still going at 11 P.M.

Now they do not eat as often and regulate themselves. So I fill the dish in the morning and let it for them to decide when to eat. Huskies do not over eat. There are days when the food is left and days when they are more hungry. Always have ice water in their big bowl for them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #202  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,182 Likes on 513 Posts

kathy are you here? I was here posted In thread FF make gift bag! And I ask what am I to looked for exactly? I don't understand what posted over there in the above thread there. Can over there and posted excatul what looked because you said it was not there. So I think posted in differnt place. But, where is that places? Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #203  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Linda, post your bag and if it is not in the right spot I will move it for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Kemernow (12-08-2022), muscrat (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #204  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

Linda, I was just too early. Ann pointed me to it later. She's great at helping, so just post your card and she'll move it to the right place for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-07-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:36 PM   #205  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
It be later Dr.sonja has my yet. I will let you know when post it. Okay? thanks you!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by hotwheels:
annsforte3 (12-07-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,129 Likes on 972 Posts

Thank you ladies for your love on my ornaments. I have finished 9 and posted them in the gallery: here. I'm not sure how long it took, because I was doing them assembly line style. I already had circles cut from a previous project. More information and the link to the tutorial are posted with the photo in the gallery.

Kandie, I like your ingenuity on using the cage for a fence. My daughter's dog would jump right over the top of that. LOL I hope you will feel better and are able to sell your crafts.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies

Last edited by lacyquilter; 12-07-2022 at 01:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-07-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:45 PM   #207  
Proud Fan Club Member

Anyone who wants a sneak peek of the new SU stuff check out this YouTube . They got their preorder and it was everything in the catalog except one thing!

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 08:50 PM   #208  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts

Ann I can’t believe it’s been a year since your sons Heart Attack, pleased he’s doing well, is he over Covid?

Melody your ornaments are gorgeous, love the rich colours you’ve used.

we’ve just had a video of our Grand doggies opening their advent calendars!!! All you could see was two tails madly wagging and little barks of impatience, we will be meeting them for the first time, apparently they didn’t like DILs Dad when they first went over there, both kept growing at him for the first week!

Gracie you made me laugh, I just wish I was that good at fussy cutting to make a Happy Birthday!

when I woke up this morning Steve was missing, he said he couldn’t sleep, things on his mind so he went and started preparing tonight’s dinner!! At 5am!

I hope everyone is on the mend, the Covid and bugs going around seem to be taking so long to recover from, our DIL is still testing positive after a week.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 05:32 AM   #209  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,817 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Hello everyone, hope all is well or improving....

Ann, thinking of you as you remember your son's heart attack. I'd rather have a heart attack than my kids, especially one so young. Those are days one never forgets.

Gracie, did you see that your night sky card was on the Splitcoast Facebook page yesterday?

I received Jan's cute Christmas card yesterday....yes I do believe that my over seas ones will be late. I need to knuckle down to that. Thanks you, Jan!

I find that when someone around me is acting impatient or getting snarky about something, I start feeling the opposite and try to smile and be pleasant.

Kandie, i'm trying to send good vibes to you and Noella. I just got an email that friends in CT have Covid. He works in Delaware, they will move there soon and I'm guessing he brought it home to her. Not feeling too hot.

I'm feeling better, slept better, talked to my daughter yesterday which always helps, even if she needs to unload a bit on me. Her counseling business is almost going too well, in that she accepted too many clients and many of them have some pretty major issues to work through, like difficult divorces and OCD. She saw 20 clients last week, which is a lot, considering she has a family and home to care for. I really need more connection with my kids but I don't want to intrude too much. My granddaughter Clare has a band concert next week and I'm going to try to go. That might be our Christmas time together. Liz's 41st birthday is the 20th so maybe we'll do some birthday stuff as well. Still don't know what will happen right around Christmas. I want to be with my sibs but the drive north is getting hard. And I'd be surprised if my son and his wife want to go up there for Christmas. I guess if I had a bigger family, if a few couldn't make it, it would be easier...but it's not.

Well Christmas will come and go...keep smiling and dancing.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-08-2022), jan31 (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 05:58 AM   #210  
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying the bug passes quickly for those of you who are ill. I just got back from taking Mom up to the Post office. She mailed a box to my niece in wisconsin. It cost $23.50 for priority mail and my niece should get it Monday. What surprised me was I picked up some non-machinable stamps. You used to be able to put an extra ounce stamp on with a regular stamp for those but the woman in the post office said if they're an extra ounce you can use that extra ounce stamp but if they're over because they're non-machinable you have to buy the 99 cent non-machinable stamps. I just picked up 10 of those. I'm still going to just add the extra ounce on some of my cards. I put the bumps at the bottom and put a layer of cardstock over top so if they feel flat I'm only using the extra ounce stamp or a regular stamp if they're really feeling flat. I try not to mail any with ribbons because they make the bump really big. I also bought five more global stamps. I still have five so that should keep me in business for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-08-2022), jan31 (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 06:02 AM   #211  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm mad at myself right now. I made these cute little projects to hand out to people at Christmas and keep forgetting to take them with me. It's a little diaper fold piece of DSP and in the fold I've put a tea bag an individual pack of honey in a small little spoon. I don't think I've uploaded those to my gallery so maybe I'll do that so you can see what I'm talking about. I could have given them to the two women in the post office but I forgot to take them along. I was also going to give one to DH to give to the lady in the booth at the landfill. He's hauling some bags of plaster from my niece's house. They tore it out of their living room and are putting up new sheetrock. It was the old horsehair plaster.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-08-2022), jkanack (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 06:14 AM   #212  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Yes, son Mark and his wife still have coughs from Covid, he said it was bad. Can't image how it would have been for them if they hadn't had all five shots! A year ago I was in California with two of my sons, at a hospital and not knowing if Mark would wake up or recover. Praise God that he is with us today!

You are such a good person, Kathy, to think of others at this time of year! Everyone is so busy and people don't always think of those that do services for us.

Hugs to all, I need to take care of pups! Athena has already asked for her morning treat, she stomps her feet at me and barks!!

Have a good day all.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 06:25 AM   #213  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I definitely don't want to outlive my kids!

Forgot to mention that the highlight of this morning was a video of my youngest granddaughter, singing Jingle Bells but with a Donald Duck voice. I had tears of laughter in my eyes. she is good at that voice and she kept a straight face throughout. I couldn't do that in a million years.

Kathy, that is really a sweet (pun intended) idea, I"ll tuck that in my back pocket. Well done!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 12-08-2022, 06:49 AM   #214  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Wow! Lots of chat to read today. I had a minor set back yesterday. I tried to do too much on Tuesday and then, was tired and had a dull headache all day Wednesday. I'm still going to get my Christmas cards out, but I'm not going to worry about them getting out on time any more. Not happening.

Catherine, I'm sorry you're feeling down. It's hard to let our children fly on their own. As each one begins their life, we learn to let go and lose a piece of our heart. I've learned to replace that missing piece with lots of good memories of all the fun times with them as they were growing up. HUGS

Kandie, things will get better...puppies are hard but it will be worth it. Hang in there. Sorry you are still sick. I'm glad you may be able to sell your things afterall. Great idea with the Gpig fence idea.

Jean, the holidays can be a lonely time of year. I miss my family, but as I said, I try to dwell on all the good memories I have of wonderful family Christmases.

Ann, I can't believe it's already been a year since son's heart attack. Such a scary time. I hope everyone feels better by Christmas.

Jayne, I'm glad your coughs are getting better...your house must sound like ours with the bouts of coughing. Tom's ribs are so sore from all the coughing. I'm feeling better, but must pace myself.

To the wonderful Alphas, take care and sending out big hugs to all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (12-08-2022), jan31 (12-08-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 08:26 AM   #215  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,336 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Good morning, everyone! Today is an excellent day as it is DH's birthday! I made him a favorite meal of his last night. I'm not sure when we'll go out to dinner as a family, it looks like Sunday night because DD2 works until 7:30 tonight. He is such a wonderful guy and blessing to the girls and I. I am thankful for him.

Yes, I know our kids are meant to grow up and live on their own and that is what I want. I'm thankful for the extra time I was able to enjoy with her as she is leaving for college later than usual thanks to life the last few years. DH told me it was my fault that I was so sad about her leaving. I looked at him incredulously and he said, "If you hadn't raised such wonderful kids that we enjoy being around, we wouldn't be so sad to see them go!" Funny guy. With DD1 I know I will have to work to keep in touch because she is definitely more "out of sight, out of mind." Of course, when she is in college, she'll be very busy between college and work.

Wow, lots of chatter, I love it!

Shirl, my zinc tablets are 50 mg tablets and I was taking two tablets at a time about three times a day in addition to taking Emergen-C. I have no idea what the experts recommend, I don't check with them! I also have this liquid echinacea plus that tastes absolutely horrid. DH will drink a bottle of that (small bottle, maybe 2 oz?) and it will kick anything out. I couldn't do that for the longest time but I did try it once. It worked but boy did it pack a punch!

Kandie, with Honey we were able to leave the food bowl on the floor and she would eat when she was hungry because she was a self-regulator when it came to food. I was so thankful about that. Get some good rest, I'm praying you'll feel so much better on Friday and that your sales will go marvelously!

Love the repurposed use of the guinea pig cages! We had small fencing that we acquired when we moved here to keep Honey from wandering too far when she went out to do her business because she would get all these burrs in her hair.

Ann, so cool that you have superpowers and can move cards and projects now!

Melody, love your ornaments!

Kathy, sometimes I watch her videos but haven't in a while.

Jan, they have advent calendars for dogs?! I had no idea but not surprised. That does remind me of a joke I saw on FB: According to my chocolate advent calendar, Christmas is in two days! LOL

Jean, that is a wonderful reaction to impatience. I love the idea of the video of your granddaughter doing Jingle Bells in Donald Duck's voice. That would be such fun!

Kathy, those sound like such wonderful projects, I love it. Where did you get the individual honey packets?

Gracie, your night sky card (two of them actually) were also featured on the SCS Instagram account.

There goes my alarm, I'm off to work! Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), jan31 (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 08:57 AM   #216  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I got the honey at walmart. It's in an orange box and is called Nature Nate's. There was 20 individual packets for $6.97 and the box of tea that I bought had 20 teabags as well so it worked out perfectly. The only trouble I had was I had to put it upside down in the packet in order to make everything fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 18 CHAT THREAD Nov. 30, 2022 thru May 24, 2023-img_20221208_124317127%7E2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), jkanack (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-08-2022), lacyquilter (12-08-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 04:51 PM   #217  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good evening. I’ve just spent an enjoyable half hour texting with my son in Arizona. He loves magic and syfy like me, so he pretends he’s a product of a governmental experience gone wrong, and I pretend I’m half-human and half-elf under the illusion of being normal, and we chat back and forth about nothing and nonsense and have fun and it cheers us both up. We don’t talk very often.

Kathy. I made little containers like those and filled them with sweet treats for my sale. Aren’t they wonderfully quick to make? I never knew honey came in packets. You are such a sweetie making treats for everyone, you have a heart of gold.

Catherine, after two days of holding Noella’s bottom in a sitting position then saying sit and giving her a treat, she’s got it! And we’ve gone out twice today and she’s done her business. I’ll keep working with her. I’m trying to watch her like a hawk but then I can’t get anything done. Naturally.

The craft event is going on tomorrow. I have all my stuff loaded in a wagon ready to go down to the dining room early and set up my table. There is a gentleman joining in who crochets the most beautiful blankets, a lady I don’t know what she does, and a lady who will demonstrate making something for the homeless out of the plastic grocery bags. That was so good to hear. I have to wear my mask, of course, but will take cough syrup and Claritin-D so the miseries will hopefully stay away for the two hours. My nails are done, and I have $200 in currency for making change. I’m sure that is massive overkill, but better prepared.This is my first fair so I hope I’m doing things right. If I’m not, don’t tell me, it’s too late, lol.

I hope the symptoms are finally easing for all of you and yours who are ill. I’m fighting now, moving no matter what, but when I stop for a moment I am so very tired. When tomorrow morning is over, then I will rest.

Camping wagon filled with stuff for tomorrow. I’ve since added a large lace doily and a bowl of ornaments for a centerpiece.

Good night/morning, ladies. Stay safe. I saw more people wearing masks today. We apparently have the flu and colds running wild in our area as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 18 CHAT THREAD Nov. 30, 2022 thru May 24, 2023-7440e01e-ac80-4500-8af5-e27960a9a861.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), jan31 (12-08-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Ozpom (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 05:05 PM   #218  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

A fold-up wagon, Kandie? That's brilliant for living in a small space. I hope you sell everything!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 05:15 PM   #219  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 654 Posts

I hope you sell everything too, Kandie. Looks like you have got it all in hand and well organized!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by shirlb19:
Old 12-08-2022, 05:25 PM   #220  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, sounds like you are well prepared! Good luck. Hope you sell out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #221  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann is bag in the right place FF Challenge Thanks for the lovely comment to tha you left me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by hotwheels:
Old 12-08-2022, 06:26 PM   #222  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Good luck with the craft sales Kandie. I’m sure you will sell everything.

Happy birthday to your DH Catherine.

Gracie, yes there’s been some sore ribs here too.

Lots to do here today…byeeee
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022), muscrat (12-08-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 04:39 AM   #223  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Go Kandie, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember, long ago, my father in law had a bad cold, coughed so much, he tore something in his stomach or somewhere and was coughing up blood. It wasn't serious but it was scary. Just when one needs to rest, the coughing begins.

Kathy, those are really cute. I was picturing them very small.

Anne, I received your Christmas card yesterday.....really cute! Thanks.

Happy birthday to your husband, Catherine. My daughter's birthday is coming up, December 20. If the weather is decent next week, I'm going to go to her house. Clare has a band concert on Thursday.

I need to go to Target today (groan) and then get my emissions tested. I hate that job but it needs to be done very soon....get it over with.

Moving on to other stuff. Bye.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 05:32 AM   #224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Anyone having trouble uploading today!!!!????
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Kemernow (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 05:43 AM   #225  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. Snow has started. They've been wavering on predicting 4" or 5" - can't seem to make up their minds. DH just left for the dentist & later DD is bringing the dog over, because she has a team building activity at work. I'll just stay in.

Happy birthday to your DH, Catherine.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 05:53 AM   #226  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkanackView Post
Anyone having trouble uploading today!!!!????
Never mind, I was able to do it from my phone. Everytime I clicked browse on my computer, a box popped up, no message, it seemed like maybe SCS wasn't online. Confused but happy I could upload.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 12-09-2022, 06:34 AM   #227  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, Happy Birthday to your DH! He sounds like a great guy! Enjoy your time out with the girls on Sunday...and no crying. LOL I may try the Zinc and Emergen-C. I'm better, but still not back to feeling great.

Kandie, good luck on your sale today! Have fun and sell lots. Noella sounds like a smart little puppy. As my DH says: "Repetition, repetition, repetition." That's how pups learn and be consistent, too. Then, you'll have a wonderful friend for life!

Jean, good luck at Target. Such a bother but needs to be done.

Kathy, those tea/honey gifts are fantastic! You are so sweet.

I didn't get to make any cards yesterday, I've been making little calendar gifts for the people in my Arts and Crafts group where we sell things to make money for the community. We have a Christmas dinner Saturday and I'm hoping we are both well enough to attend.

Have a wonderful Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:42 AM   #228  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! It's snowing here! I'll stay inside too today!

Linda, your bag is in the right place! Great work!

Kandie, hoping your sale goes well and you are feeling better soon!

Hugs to all today! Stay safe and warm and feel better if you have been ill!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 07:09 AM   #229  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Pretty snowy day to stamp, Ann!

Jan, Anne and Catherine, I've gotten your beautiful Christmas cards, too. Thanks...I think I already thanked Ann, Shirl and Kathy, but thank you again! Love them all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (12-10-2022), jan31 (12-09-2022), Kemernow (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 10:39 AM   #230  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Catherine, happy birthday to your DH! He sounds like a wonderful husband and father!!!

How is everyone feeling today?

The craft event was to run from 10:30 to12:30. There were four large dining room tables covered with red and green. I hauled my wagon down and started setting up at 9:30. Too much stuff, the office manager found me two small tables to add to the big one. At 10 after 10 I ran out of room, but then residents started pouring into the dining room, most of them eating hot dogs from the food wagon out front. The lady next to me had colored pencil pictures and bookmarks she had made. The gentleman on the other side had crocheted baby blankets, tissue holders and slippers. And the next lady had made these great “bowl holders”, padded shaped bowls of fabric like hot mitts only curved. They are for setting a bowl in and then putting in the microwave so you don’t burn your hands taking out the hot bowl!

Traffic was terrific, I have very little left, made a profit of 244.00 and got to chat with lots of people I hadn’t met yet. Management provided cold drinks, coffee, fresh-baked sugar cookies, and tables filled with frostings and toppings and paper plates for everyone to decorate their own cookies. Christmas music was playing. And to top it off, halfway through, these lovely huge snowflakes started coming down behind us and looked fantastic through the floor to ceiling windows.

Management was walking around with huge smiles. Three of the ladies from the salon I go to came and bought lots of stuff. I was able to buy some nice things from the other three tables.

Im pooped and glad it’s all over. I never had a chance to take a photo. How do you ladies do so many of these??? I am super impressed with all your drive and effort that I now see that goes into such endeavors! Whew!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (12-10-2022), jan31 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 10:53 AM   #231  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I think Lydia said there was a problem earlier but she had it all straightened out by the time I uploaded my first project.

Kandie, I'm so happy to hear how well your craft sale went!

We went shopping this morning. I always keep my distance from people. I bought a new pair of sneakers and got DH a new tool for christmas. It's a battery-operated Milwaukee sawzall and I also bought extra blades. I left him pick it out. We usually don't have gifts on Christmas to open. He keeps saying he doesn't know what to get me, and I tell him that's okay because I don't even know what I want! Whenever I need something I just buy it. And the stuff that I haven't bought yet he couldn't buy because he doesn't know what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of a new printer that I can hook up just to my tablets and phone without hooking it up to a computer. And I don't want HP because they have the instant ink program on most of them. You have to give them credit card information because they automatically send you ink as you need it. I don't want them having access to my printer that way. And I've read that you can't just buy ink cartridges for them. And that they shut down if you drop the instant ink program. HP used to be my favorite. Now it's on the bottom of my list. After that shopping we brought stuff home and then went again. I bought bag number 13 of the Cherry kisses at walmart! I don't know why I can't resist them. I said I hope 13 isn't an unlucky number for me in DH said I should have bought two bags. I said why didn't I think of that? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (12-10-2022), JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #232  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone! I am running behind today as I slept in. DH and I went out last night and then came home to have birthday pie with the girls and give him his presents. DD1 started his table saw fund, DD2 is giving him hiking boots but didn't have any to give him as she doesn't really know what he wants. They will have a shopping date to pick them out. I gave him a "fun" gift but it is what he requested. It is called a WoodOx carrier to help him carry wood into the house. He has already put it to use. Thanks for the birthday wishes for DH, he is definitely a wonderful guy but then, I'm biased, I will pass them on to him when he gets home tonight.

I haven't looked at today's Falliday challenges yet. I haven't made a card in a while. Today I sat down to figure out what goodies I'm making for our neighbors and will be working on that baking this weekend.

I need to get busy cleaning the house, I do have laundry going.

Kathy, your tea/honey packages are so adorable! I love that you have them to give to people when you are out and about. Those mini spoons are such fun!

Kandie, I'm so glad the craft fair went so well for you. I'm sorry you didn't get a photo, I'm sure it was wonderful. I love your foldable cart too.

Noella sounds like one smart cookie, she is certainly adorable!

Jean, your daughter's birthday is the 20th?! So close to Christmas. My brother had a neighbor whose birthday was Dec. 24th. When they knew her, she was a senior citizen and had never had a birthday party so one year, my brother and SIL didn't decorate their house for Christmas and threw her a big birthday party. She was so pleased.

Ladies, keep that snow out there, please.

I think I'll sneak a peek at today's challenges and then I must get to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 12:35 PM   #233  
Proud Fan Club Member

I finished all the challenges for Falliday! Are you going to put them into a wordpad file. Today when we were at Walmart I walked up to put some money in the salvation army bucket and The woman there smiled and said did you hear I had candy to hand out? I left and said no but I have something for you and I gave her one of those little tea packets! She was thrilled!
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 02:10 PM   #234  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I used to prefer HP printers as well but they shot themselves in the foot, in my opinion. We currently have an Epson printer and I really like it.

What a bright spot you were to the Salvation Army bell ringer!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #235  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, is your printer wireless and wifi? I'm wanting something that I can print from my tablet and phone and don't need a computer to hook it up. I'm looking at Canon and Epson.

I just wish I could give everyone a gift at Christmas! You should see my family bags! They are stuffed full.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 03:40 PM   #236  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, I print wirelessly to the printer. Our biggest problem is that we have two wifi accounts so we have to make sure we are on the one the printer is on in order to print. I'm very happy with this printer.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #237  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Catherine, your DH sounds as though he had a nice time on his birthday. We have family birthdays on 24the Dec, 1st, 2nd and 4th Jan, plus our little new poppet is due to arrive 9th Jan. Gee, another poppet. It seems ages since we had a baby in the family. My father passed away 2/1 so I don't like NY.

Kandie, well done on the craft sale. You did an awesome job.

Kathy, you are so kind and I bet it made the Salvo lady's day. We have a Canon printer. Our 2nd one. Prior to this we had an HP one but much prefer our Canon and it can operate wirelessly. I print photos on it and they come out great too.

We have booked a holiday for a few days early January with the poppets. Yay. It will be our first holiday with them and without their parents LOL.

The poppets are here and having time out but I'd better get back to play time. I did do some Xmas die cutting with DGD so she can make a card for her teacher.

Happy weekend
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Ozpom:
JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:57 PM   #238  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congratulations, Kandie, on a great sale.

Kathy, you have such a giving heart. You make people happy.

Weather says we got 4" of snow. It was a wet, heavy snow, so it doesn't look that deep. DD brought her dog over, because she had to go into work. When DH went out to shovel, we let the dog run around in the snow. Of course, DH said it seemed like every time he wanted to toss a shovel of snow, the dog was right there in front of him.

Tonight I made some lemon bars to take with us tomorrow evening. Holiday gathering & dinner at a friend's house. We aren't required to bring anything, but I think most of us do anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (12-09-2022), JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 07:36 PM   #239  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We have a bunch of holiday birthdays in my family. My older brother's birthday landed on Easter every now and then. I was born on Mother's day, so my birthday lands on that sometimes. My oldest sister's birthday is usually on the first day of summer. Younger brother is halloween. And middle sister is Christmas Eve. DH's youngest bro. is also Christmas eve.

One year I had to remind DH that birthday, anniversary, and mother's day are 3 different celebrations, and it wasn't fair to combine all my gifts into one, even though they are all in the same week.

I do feel sorry for those who are bumped up against Christmas though.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-10-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 09:19 PM   #240  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts

Kandie so pleased you did so well at the craft sale after all your hard work.I’ve never thought to make gifts for people here I always buy them but they all seem to love the shortbread and English chocolates.

Kathy our new printer is a Canon, i like it as I can use it to print from my iPad, scan and copy, I can also send a scanned copy to an email address too, came in handy to send back a signed Direct Debit to the Internet company. None of the inks are cheap compared to my old Canon though.

pleased to hear cards are arriving.

Spent yesterday going backwards and forwards getting travel insurance , just got home and the insurance company rang to say we needed to sign documents about the house insurance due to how long we are away for, proof someone had the key etc, went back across to the office luckily only across the bridge, signed, then we had to go back to the medical centre as the Receptionist in Murcia had given Steves appointment as February not March, the surgeon wrote March, Steve told her March even showed her March on the calendar on his phone, the receptionist made a call and the hospital rang him back so that’s done, a bit scary as when Steve looked to add it to his Google calendar it was already there, the hospital must Have sent to across although they didn’t send an email!

good new was that our insurance was €94 cheaper than the quote although still € 1200! We had to go through the quotes as Jules was worried she’d changed something by accident, mine is simple, nothing to declare, Steve has two pages to fill in!

Hope you are all feeling better, apparently our GS in England is ill now, just a cold hopefully!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (12-10-2022), JRHolbrook (12-10-2022), Kemernow (12-10-2022), Ozpom (12-10-2022)