Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2021, 05:07 PM   #2321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

I am broad I need to talk.... I should going comments in gallery But, not in mood today. My head hurt. and these allergy killer me. So, what you all doing? Are all cot up on your projects? How can I celebrate my Birthday here on scs. Any thoughts or ideals on that?
Thanks Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2021, 10:36 PM   #2322  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Melody your DH sounds like Steve , he doesn’t do browsing, gets in and straight out of the shop, he hates it if I stop to look at something, that’s why I was surprised he agreed to going to IKEA a couple of months ago, mind you he found somewhere to sit while I looked around the plants!

im actually enjoying food shopping on my own now I’ve got used to it as he would complain that I hid from him , I have a list on my iPhone, in the order of the shop layout, memorise most of the list and just check at the end, I can browse to my hearts content, not that there’s much too exciting but I like to look for bargains, ha,ha, steve sits in the car and listens to a cricket match on the podcast or something similar.

i started a family journal, I’m making one each for our sons, so I had the photos out, it upset me at first seeing my Parents and Grandparents, anyway I emailed some of the photos to the boys of when they were young, one photo of the four of us, the boys were 7 & 9, I was slim and had curly hair!! Our GS son, four, actually recognised me, thought steve was his dad, ha,ha,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2021, 10:40 PM   #2323  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy how exciting, new couch, steve had a new recliner a year or so ago, the first one she had to order, when it arrived he decided it was OK! Got it home and the reclining part snapped, had it repaired, broke again, he eventually bought a leather one that is lovely, the sofa I sit on is wearing but it is 19 years old, I’m guessing it won’t be long before we need a one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2021, 10:44 PM   #2324  
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, do you have anyone you could have a zoom call with, any family for your birthday?

we are going to the English shop this morning, our restrictions are tightening, bars and restaurants are being closed next Wednesday so I need flour etc just in case that turns into a full lockdown.
steve is supposed to be getting his vaccine in March but now we read that the Alicante region has run out!, we are Murcia but not holding my breathe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 05:06 AM   #2325  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

Up early to get things done today!! Big ambitions! Hopefully!

Jan, sorry to hear about all the restrictions. Stay safe!

Later everyone, have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 05:50 AM   #2326  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #2327  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Just got home about a half hour ago. Had to go for blood work. I have an appointment next week with the doctor. Had to go to a different location because my doctor's office is temporarily closed because they don't have enough workers. She says they will be back in the regular office in 4 weeks. The girl who drew my blood was a regular that I like but she wasn't as smooth as she usually is. It pinched today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:20 AM   #2328  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy is it just regular bloods? Nothing wrong I hope!

so our new restrictions came in at 4 am this morning, I thought it was next week, I drove to the port, I haven’t driven since October so I thought I should, quite enjoyed it.
I wanted some paper clips but managed to buy acrylic paint, thick thread, needles with large holes and double sided tape!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #2329  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just regular labs Jan. I have a checkup next week and he wants to see how my cholesterol is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #2330  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh good, hope you get good results
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #2331  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! Our weather is cooling back down, DH had to build a fire this morning but he had a break from that all weekend long. (Which would have been a good time to clean out the ashes...if we had thought of it! In our defense, I kept us very busy with projects.) I am happy to report that someone should be picking up the dead Honda this week - yay! We are donating it to a Veterans group that will sell it and benefit. It is windy here today - which meant that things didn't go well when DH was taking the ashes out. Poor guy!

Melody, actually walking through Home Depot isn't what we would normally do on a date but there aren't a lot of options right now. We did walk around and dream about things to do to this house. We definitely need more drop cloths before painting more. I picked out a flooring that I liked the look of but I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. I would want enough to do basically the entire house with the exception of our bedroom and perhaps DD2's room. She hasn't decided if she wants carpet or hard surface. DD1 definitely wants hard surface.

Melody, when do you sleep? You stay up late and get up early to make up for it!

Kathy, remember, you want to have the snow blower and not need it! Our new couch should be coming in the next couple of weeks...can't wait. I hope you find something you like to replace your uncomfortable couch. Our situation is the opposite, it is still comfortable but looks ugly.

Jan, how neat that your GS recognized you in the photo. It sounds like you do your grocery list like I do. I arrange it in the store order too. So helpful...until they rearrange the store! We actually use an app called Cozi because, that way, all four of us can add items to the list (that is how it is supposed to work) and then I order it in the app just before DD1 or I go shopping.

I need to get some whole wheat flour today. We have plenty of white but somehow ran out of whole wheat much to DD2's happiness because the bread I made on Sunday was, essentially, white bread. She thinks I need to do that more often. I think not since we only have about 1/3 of one of the loaves left!

Great success to you, Ann, with getting things done. I had great success this weekend.

Sorry it pinched you today, Kathy.

Please pray for our neighbors, the Norths. The husband/father in the family died last week due to the cancer he has been battling for years. They are wonderful neighbors - he and his son are the ones who split our logs for us. I made a mediterranean pasta meal and some peanut brittle and took it over to them last night. Thanks for remembering them in your prayers.

I just looked at the time, must run. Chat with you later!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #2332  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

Popping in to say aloha Sistahs!!
Sorry due to my eyes I try as much not to overly stress them so I breeze and glance through chatters forgive me .....I try my best to get in as much as I can ...
lovely projects everyone ...
sis Jan I'll have to go look up your pudding that's everyone mentioning on this page sounds yummy

shelly lovely protect

sis jayne I have you in my prayers always as I have everyone as well and yummy you cooking up a storm and getting cards done yay!!

Sis Tootsie ? Peekaboo love ya much!!

sis Melody I use to love shopping lots of eyes ones along with going to the store for one thing and leaving broke with everything I could fit into the budge lol to much discoveries and looking around Hahahaha.....can't do much of it anymore not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

sis Linda I hope you find something to do and Hauoli Lahanau if I don't get a chance to be on when it's your bd!!

wow sis Ann ! I see you doing fly as well !! Hahahah how's my broom working for you? Hahahaha... I love me a good broom! For my fly bys that is!!

sis Catherine wow busy bee as always!! I can just image the light the white brought into the home and how it makes things look more roomy....ahaha how cute my gorgeous neices are!! Wow soon even caity will be graduating before we know it !! Took a quick glance into your Magnificent for M card!! And you got prayers add for the wonderful neighbors, my condolences.

and wowser sis Kathy!! Guess what? I made my shopping list and you lil enabler you!! I love your enabling tho!! Hahahahahaha added that container on my list with a * next to it which means it's a must get!! Hahahaha and as for your homemade paper ? I love love love it!! I hope you enabled me there as well!! As for Bambi yikes

sis Gracie Hahahaha I'm a container addic too trust me you don't even wanna know!!

sis Kelz Aloha too you as well !! Great flyby as well!

Big sis kandie wow your on a major roll out on your beautiful journals

sis shirl hope alps well with you and I am gonna be definitely fashionable late on getting your mail to you but I do love ya a lot and got you as well as all in my heart and prayers!

Sis Annette Aloha!

Too anyone i miss im sorry but I think if pushed myself as far as I can at this time so love ya too but I need to go rest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #2333  
Proud Fan Club Member

Aloha, Victoria!

Melody, I just went down for mail and see there is a card for DH! He's not home right now so I'm anxious for him to get home and open it!

Yes, I'd rather have the snowblower and not need it. They were sold out during the last storm and we had to shovel so much!

Sunday I bought one of those point and shoot thermometers. It was expensive compared to the oral ones, but easy to use and hopefully will last a long time.

I'm trying to remember if I sent Linda's birthday card. I marked it off on the birthday list but I can't remember if I actually sent one. I remember addressing an envelope but that could have been for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #2334  
Proud Fan Club Member

Victoria, this cute young eye doctor has lots of good videos.

https://youtu.be/PCY1Wr6k3gc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 10:24 AM   #2335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, good, Kathy. It got there. You never know with the mail these days.

Good to see you stopping in, Victoria.

Catherine, prayers for your neighbors.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #2336  
Proud Fan Club Member

He's home now Melody. He saw the return address and said I wonder who Melody is? LOL He also got a letter from Jehovah's witness. They found a way to visit without coming to the house!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 11:07 AM   #2337  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Aloha Victoria! Good to see you!

Kathy - I feel you - I have back to back dr appointments tomorrow as well. I went last week and was in an out and it was flawless but tomorrow's are a doozy. I'm kinda dreading it.

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 02:41 PM   #2338  
Proud Fan Club Member

This is brilliant! It was made in 2007.

https://youtu.be/nA340VSn2c8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 03:23 PM   #2339  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Too funny, Kathy. Makes you wonder if he is the one who films his wife's videos. He certainly has the jargon down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #2340  
Stazon Splitcoast

No we don't have all zoom stuffed. I am lucky to have internet.... the bill is high then a cat back LOL and everyone asking what wanted my birthday. I really don't know! It not the same without. Mom we really did not do anything special. That's why hoping SCS can make it a little special. some how?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Linda, do you have anyone you could have a zoom call with, any family for your birthday?

we are going to the English shop this morning, our restrictions are tightening, bars and restaurants are being closed next Wednesday so I need flour etc just in case that turns into a full lockdown.
steve is supposed to be getting his vaccine in March but now we read that the Alicante region has run out!, we are Murcia but not holding my breathe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #2341  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Too funny, Kathy. Makes you wonder if he is the one who films his wife's videos. He certainly has the jargon down.
Exactly what I was thinking! He knows about bling, watermarks, textures and I loved how he measured and cut cardstock! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #2342  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good evening, ladies. I’ve been down with the dreaded bronchitis again. I so dislike feeling so bad. DH had to work today, so Dusty and I slept till noon. She did get me up at 3 and at 7 to go out, so I guess we caught up.

Has anyone ever heard of paperscapes? They are a series of books that have thick pages with illustrations at the top, and the paper around the pictures is perforated to punch out so that they stand out, like a pop up card. I saw a video where a lady used pages in her journals and tracked one down.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-7f048ac6-4096-4b92-ae60-cab1f1e7caa1.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-c95363d7-8cd0-4681-a9eb-5aaa16913197.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-aa9e738b-baa0-49bb-ab6e-2fcc12ab5724.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #2343  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Vickster, thanks for your love on my masculine card. I'm pretty sure you can make masculine cards brilliantly. One of my first thoughts for you is to make your own plaid background. Shoot, just add a sentiment and you are good to go!

Kelly, I hope your appointments tomorrow go well.

Kathy, I hope your appointments go well too. I'll have to check out the video you linked of the man card. It sounds like fun.

Kandie, sorry you have been sick. I haven't heard of paperscapes, that looks cool.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 09:34 PM   #2344  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Sorry you are sick again Kandie. Not heard of paperscapes but seen books before similar to the one you have. Beautiful.

sorry I’ve missed the chat....I can’t keep up lol.

Waving and sending hugs. I’m still on my mission lol
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 01-19-2021 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 09:39 PM   #2345  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie I’m so sorry to hear you’ve not been well again, sleep is good when you are ill.

Catherine your poor neighbour, so sorry to hear the sad news, I’m assuming the son still lives at home so his Mum will have help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #2346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Whoohoo who is still up and around? Just checking out you might owls out there....and some morning ones lol.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2021, 09:58 PM   #2347  
Stazon Splitcoast

I’m sat in bed drinking my tea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 03:18 AM   #2348  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie I’ve just had a look on Amazon at those books, they have two I think our GS would love, dinosaurs and animals I’ve marked them to order for his birthday in April, he’s only four but his dad will help him. They quite a few different ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 05:14 AM   #2349  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 745 Likes on 356 Posts

Long time no comment......where does the time go??? today I made two cards for "N". Last night I stamped two images on newsprint, so I'd be ready for the sketch challenge. I really love to combine them!!

My great grandson, Oli, has been a dinosaur guy since he was three. On his last birthday (7), I sent him three books.........two pop-ups and a complete book of dinosaurs and facts. It gets harder and harder to find age appropriate books. Now I'm sending adult-type books, because he can read. I'm hoping he will be interested in something else by his birthday in September!!!

I'm going to be watching TV all day today for the Inauguration. Will check in with you guys tomorrow. Everyone have a great day!!!, and hugs to you all.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 05:29 AM   #2350  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

Anne, was just going to ask if anyone was going to watch the Inauguration! It's history!!

Yes, I love to combine challenges too! Partly due to not needed so many cards but it's double the challenge then!

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 07:30 AM   #2351  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Hello all! Lots of chat and I'm sure I'll miss some things!

Catherine, sorry to hear about your neighbor. A tough year continues...

Kandie, I hope you're feeling better. I've had a headache on an off since Saturday and a stuffy nose. I think it's allergies. It's been cold and the heat is running a lot. I probably should dust! The paperscapes look very cool.

Kathy, I loved the video of the man making a card and great idea with the "Nuts 4 U." Made me laugh.

I sure hope the inauguration day doesn't bring any more drama to the U.S. Hopefully, everyone behaves. So many wackos in the world. (Mean ones that is...we can keep the fun ones!)

Off to work on some watercoloring when My headache calms down. Have a great day all!

Jayne, let us know when your surgery is scheduled.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 08:39 AM   #2352  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anne our GS is totally mad on dinosaurs and animals, just like his dad at that age, tells me where they live, eat etc that’s what I thought those books look interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #2353  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning!

Jayne, i was up when you were looking for the night owls but I wasn't on here. I was doing my "favorite" thing - grading! Chatting on here with you all would have been so much more fun!

Jan, I'm not sure how old the son is. Early 20s, I think. And their daughter is basically the same age as my oldest (20). He kind of comes and goes, so I think he still lives at home but sometimes he is gone for a while. Right now, they are both there all the time and there are a couple extra cars staying. So, right now, Kim has a lot of support. We will definitely help any way that we can. It is just sad. Cancer sucks. A couple of years ago, at night, I saw the reflection of emergency lights and an ambulance had come to take him to the hospital. However, lately, while looking very thin, he had been looking pretty good otherwise, so it was a shock to us. They are a wonderful family, their daughter watched Honey and Wesley for us when we were gone for a week last August.

Sorry you are dealing with a headache and stuffy nose, Gracie. Hope that goes quickly, stinkin' allergies!

We don't have TV so I don't plan on watching the inauguration, just praying everything goes peacefully.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 10:35 AM   #2354  
Proud Fan Club Member

Went out for spray adhesive for today's tutorial and got a haircut too! I really should have gone shorter. They just don't think I mean it when I say 3-4 inches! I told her it's only hair and will grow back so not to worry, but....they still are afraid to cut it. It's been a mess because anxiety has me twisting and knotting it! She was supposed to do layers because of the short pieces here and there but it sure doesn't feel layered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 11:23 AM   #2355  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm starting to like retirement. DH just made an early supper and is now doing the dishes. (By hand...we don't need a dishwasher for two of us, but we never had one anyway). He made steak, fried potatoes, mixed veggies and croissants. This is my first meal today. I just don't get hungry and haven't eaten well in a long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 02:47 PM   #2356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Sharon,

I got card in mail today! Do you wanted open now? Or wait until my birthday? I am sure it lovely Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 04:36 PM   #2357  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Lucky you Kathy! Sounds like a great supper!

Linda, I saved all my cards and opened them on my birthday! It's a fun way to do it, but hard to wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #2358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Linda, open it anytime you want! MKes your birthday last longer! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 07:32 PM   #2359  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Yes Linda, your birthday will go on and on, as some like me have not mailed a card yet! LOL
But, will get one together and get it in the mail!

Catherine- can you watch news on your computer/ipad??? So sorry to hear about your neighbor- that is so sad!'

Gracie- looks like your headache improved- saw your beautiful card in the gallery!

Kathy- LOL the card with the man making the card was a stitch! Glad you are enjoying hubby being home too. I am the same- but eat twice a day. Not the least but hungry when I get up.
I cook and hubby does all of the dishes- we rarely use the dishwasher.....

Kelly- hope your appointments go well today!

Sharon- actually made all cards yesterday before making dinner, just did not get them uploaded until later. My attention for hubby in the PM and after he went to bed, I started uploading.

Vickister/Hawaiian- sorry your eyes are still bothering you! SO glad to see you popping in.

Jan- my son was crazy for dino's as was my nephew's son! We'll see if our grandson likes them. Son and DIL live in the town in Co. where the first entirely intact dino was unearthed in the US...so they have a dino museum in their small town.

Kandie- hope you are feeling better. I am closing my eyes at your new paperscapes. My list of want to try is way too big!

Ann- did you watch the inaguration?

Sharon- did you get out to walk today?

Hi Shirl!

Hello to anyone I missed chatting with!

I watched history today and thought for a toned down inauguration today , they did a great job. I loved the music tonight and the three presidents speaking was very emotional for me.

We heard today our neighbor's daughter age 27- has melanoma in her eye, so has to have it removed....and they will have to check to make sure it has not spread.... Her surgery in Phili is next Thursday- please, if you have any spare moments- can you shoot up a prayer or two for Kristin- God's will, but hope and pray it is a good outcome!

Jayne- I was up late but did not see your note here.....

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #2360  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, one of my ladies retreat friends has a daughter who had cancer in her eye. I'd never heard of it before. She's had several surgeries. Was doing well last time we talked. Will pray for Kristin.
Reply With Quote Likes