Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2021, 09:30 PM   #2241  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm glad your dh has got a new toy, Kathy!

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2021, 09:37 PM   #2242  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

Great news Kathy, it will make things easier for you and yes better to have it all ready for next time.

Shirl we are four hours drive from Madrid, it is on a high plateau and after we pass Madrid there’s a mountain we have to go over that very often has snow on it even in April. They’ve had it bad, the thing is spain isn’t geared up for snow only in the north, we’ve seen the roads closed between Spain and France before now.

melody I was on my computer trying to upload, will try today.I won’t be doing much else for two weeks so it will give me time to finish my card folders!

im going to ring the hairdresser as I’m not sure if they are closed, I think they will be as we aren’t allowed to mix with other households,

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #2243  
Forum Fanatic

Sorry ladies I keep forgetting to go into the posting thread to check out the cards, I hope I haven’t missed anyone as it’s took me ages to go right back,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 04:55 AM   #2244  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Morning!! Could not sleep so here I am!! Dogs are already barking at me! I think the girls are saying you are up, feed us!

Hang in there, Jan, all of us are here for you!

Does make me wonder what our new incoming president will do here, already has said mask requirement, but who knows about lockdowns.

Hope things get better, sons wedding is in 10 months!

Off to look at challenges and decide what to do first, wash is going, dogs have given up on me and are now asleep in the kitchen!

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 06:48 AM   #2245  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Ann, sorry you couldn’t sleep. I actually slept until almost 8! Now two hours later, I am still on this iPad and haven’t got dresses or eaten breakfast! Staying off this iPad was what I was going to try to do in 2021! In all fairness though, I do my Bible reading and devotions on here. But then, I am on SCS, Pinterest, news, games, messaging, and Facebook! Just shoot me!
hope you all have a great day!

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #2246  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonForums at Splitcoaststampers
Ann, sorry you couldn’t sleep. I actually slept until almost 8! Now two hours later, I am still on this iPad and haven’t got dresses or eaten breakfast! Staying off this iPad was what I was going to try to do in 2021! In all fairness though, I do my Bible reading and devotions on here. But then, I am on SCS, Pinterest, news, games, messaging, and Facebook! Just shoot me!
hope you all have a great day!
Same here Sharon. Still drinking coffee and on my laptop. I guess I'm just a morning slug!

Catherine, I hope and pray things go better for Dave. Hugs to all of you.

Yay, Kathy, that snowblower sounds like quite the deal! Headlights and hand warmers! Wow! Happy for you and you are right better to have it and not need it!

Ann, I didn't sleep well last night either. Must be something in the air! I had weird dreams and Lola, my cat, was bugging me on and off throughout the night. She even tried biting the air hose for my c-Pap machine when I ignored her! Naughty.

Jan, so sorry you are back in lockdown. When will this all end?

Shirl still praying for your family. I hope you hear from your brother soon.

I really must get going and off this computer! LOL Hugs to all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #2247  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good morning! I'm running late this morning. Please continue to pray for Dave and his work situation.

Shirl, I don't like high winds! Glad your power is back on - it is back on, right?

Yes, Kathy, I was surprised when Kristina posted that they got married. I guess she always planned for it to be a small ceremony. Now she has a Valentine's Day card series going. I don't think she's done that before...hmmmm.

Wow, that sounds like a fabulous and fancy snowblower. Heated handles? How fabulous that is!

I agree about putting the keyword in your card title. That is the easiest part of the title for me! LOL

Jan, I hope you were able to get your hair cut!

Sorry you couldn't sleep, Ann.

But Sharon, we want you to be here on SCS! (I'm not going to be any help with you managing your screen time!)

Gracie, what did you eat before bed to create those weird dreams? Naughty Lola! I could see Wesley doing something like that.

Must dash off to work. Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #2248  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

oops, wrong thread. sorry.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Last edited by lacyquilter; 01-14-2021 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 10:34 AM   #2249  
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all!

Yes Catherine the power is back on, thankfully. Partly cloudy/sunny here today, so I will get to Costco today hopefully as rain is coming back on Friday. Decided not to push myself to do the Costco run yesterday. Keeping Dave in my prayers.

We have not seen my brother and Wendy since last March when we had lunch together. Then lockdown happened 2 days later. We were only staying in touch via email, and phone, which was fine until what is happening now with Wendy. I emailed him yesterday but no reply yet.

Ann hope you get a good sleep tonight. Or a nap today too!

Gracie same for you and thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Thankful for everyone's prayers.

Jan did you call your hairdresser yet? Your card for Steve is just the best. Hope he liked it and appreciated your thoughtfulness.

Have a wonderful day, a crafty day or a nap day, lol....

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #2250  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl the hairdresser is still open so I will be there at 8.30, a bit early for me but I wanted to go so I will be the only one in there.
ypu Must be worried not hearing about Wendy, I hate that when you don’t hear anything , starts me worrying, our DIL and eldest GS had a COVID test awhile ago, I’m worrying and I didn’t have a reply from our son if they were positive or negative, eventually he said oh they were ok!

yes Shirl steve really liked his card, he’s not into cards so I don’t always make him one! but he actually made a few comments saying how he liked it, I think he was shocked I made him one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #2251  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello everyone,

Just in check everyone doing? I final a minute to catchup on the chatting here. I hope everyone is doing well. And am go read what been happening here. Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #2252  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, 8:30 would be a bit early for me as well, but if it is concerning your hair well, then, lol, that is a priority for sure.

Just heard from Bruce:

"Fraser Health and the doctor were here yesterday for about an hour and discussed the medications and how we are coping.
They decided not to make any changes now as the pain is being managed well at this point. They discussed some other strategies if needed.
Having these ups and downs is to be expected so they were not too concerned. She has since bounced back and eating better again which is a relief.
Fraser Health are to visit again on Friday to follow-up."

What a relief to hear back, although he didn't address us dropping by or whether he thought it was alright to do so. I did make some butter tarts to take over to them and want to do that soon. So I may just email to say we can leave them at the door.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #2253  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

Happy Friday and soon the weekend.

I have no idea where I last caught up on chat and last night I was thrown out so many times I gave up. Good job my on screen time is reduced. I did read that some of you are having problems with attaching photos. I’ve not had issues with that and always use the manage attachment area which works for me all the time. I never use the clip icon at the top of this comment screen. Catherine, I couldn’t see Vicki or Jan’s cards as their images were pending and just waited. I must have just got back in to see them after the approval had gone through.

Gracie, an interview for teaching...wow..that was a big news item. Well done for getting through to the interview stage and I can imagine you wouldn’t want to work whilst your DH is in WI. Something will pop up...if that’s what you want. I didn’t realise that you wanted to go back to work. Good luck with it all.

Jan, sorry that you are back in lockdown. It’s depressing watching the news at present. I’m going back into my little world.

Thinking of those with sick family and friends.

Jan, I’m going to the hairdressers soon too...enjoy.

That’s all my brain can remember now.....sorry ladies. Hope you are all going ok.

oh yep, I did receive some happy mail yesterday...beautiful cards. Thank you Catherine and Shelly for thinking of me.

I hope you all find some joy in your day. Sending hugs

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #2254  
Proud Fan Club Member

Somehow I missed this about Gracie, Jayne. Gracie can you fill me in again if it is not a bother. You are going back to teaching?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 05:31 PM   #2255  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, keeping Dave in my prayers.

Shirl I'm glad you heard some news from Bruce about Wendy. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Shirl, I interviewed for teaching adult education part time, just 16 to 20 hours a week. I thought I'd be off during the summer and could go back to Wisconsin for June, July and August, but I would have had to work all summer. I decided I didn't want to give up going back to WIs. to see my mom and grandchildren during the summer months.

I just thought it'd be nice to have a little extra cash and sounded like an interesting job. They said they'd keep me in mind if something else part time came along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #2256  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

Anyone watching the game show called the hustler? If you know I'm a detective, you'll understand why I like this game show. There are five contestants. One of them is the hustler. But the hustler doesn't want anyone to guess them. I was wrong last week. This week I'm guessing it's the redheaded woman. We'll see if I'm wrong again. They are all good liars! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 07:00 PM   #2257  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay! I picked the right one!!! I almost changed my mind at one point but didn't. That's the detective in me! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 07:15 PM   #2258  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy my friend was watching The Hustler and telling me about it. It sounds interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #2259  
Proud Fan Club Member

My day has been made! LOL! We got Kirkland T.P. at 7:30 tonight! Who would have thought that can make one's day, lol. Things must be looking up if one can get that at this time of night during covid. Plus we ran into my stepson so that was a nice bonus. He brought me flowers on Sunday for my birthday. So we have seen him twice now in 4 days. Fun! He was on a mission to get in and get out as were we, but still nice to see him there.

Gracie, I am glad you decided to turn it down. Nice to have the summer off.

Kathy, I have not heard of the Hustler.

Turner Classic movies had The Brothers Karamazov on today and I taped it. Have never seen it, so looking forward to watching it.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 11:41 PM   #2260  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m over today and cant wait until it’s bed time lol, the best part was having my hair done and they had a special on so I saved money.

Since then everything has been too hard and starting with my credit card being hacked by someone in the States. Fortunately my Bank picked up on it straight away but now I have no card for the next 10 days and we use it for everything including regular payments. So frustrating. Just now someone has phoned and said that our internet service is being hacked and they need access to our pc to check it. They claimed they were our internet service provider but couldn’t give us any info to verify that. Fortunately DH took over the call from me and as we both used to work for the respective communication company he sorted them out. He says there’s so much scamming going on right now. It’s so sad as people who aren’t as aware would be giving their personal info away.

I feel a g&t is coming on lol.

Good job I just had a delivery from our local craft store...that will take away my frustrations.

Gracie shame about the job and it would have been perfect had it been just a few weeks whilst you were in AZ. Hope something else that is suitable comes up for you.

Have a great day everyone...hope no one gets scammed today.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 12:42 AM   #2261  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne, that’s awful, there’s some sick people out there, our bank in England are really good, we had a call a few years ago to say someone in Zaragoza which is an eight hour drive from here had used our card just after we had used it in a shop here! We should have gone back to the shop I suppose but at the time we were shocked. We also had someone buying barrels of beer in Mexico City with our card after going to Cabo San Lucas, steve bought me a ring in a proper jewellers, can’t trust anyone can you.
One bloke spent £ 12.000 because he kept being told he had won a prize, some folks really are beyond help!

had my hair cut quite short, just in case it’s a while before I can go again, be 9.30 I had hair done, check for mail at the post office and done the shopping, I walked to the Hairdressers and it was quite cold, by the time I got there I was puffing and panting, walking up hill with a mask on is hard work, my mask was wet through from heavy breathing, it’s not really healthy is it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 01:15 AM   #2262  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan there are. Our eldest had his card hacked by someone in the Middle East last week. You would think they would know we aren’t in these places. Mine was used in the US. The Bank says that I must have given my info to a store at some stage....it can only have been for craft...eek. I rarely give my card details and always use PayPal. I guess the second time in about 10 years isn’t too bad..still it’s frustrating and could have been worse. They only got just over a $1. They did the same last time but then tried to take $1000. The Bank immediately knew it wasn’t me as I never take money out of my credit card.

I had my hair cut short too today and once I get my date, she’s going to trim it again for me so I don’t have to go back for a while. They had such a special offer on for a colour, highlights and cut that it cost me less than I’ve ever paid. That was a nice surprise.

I was going to create today..that was the plan but it’s been so pear shaped that now I don’t have the energy and it’s nearly dinner time. I will just go and open my parcel of goodies that have been delivered and maybe that will motivate me for tomorrow. Just uploading 2 cards took ages and I feel shattered.

Keep safe and well.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 02:46 AM   #2263  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne, that’s why steve hates using his credit card online, I use mine for craft in the states but only a few that I’ve used before,

steve had a laugh as a hospital in Granada about four hours drive away rang to change his appointment, eventually they realised they had a wrong number, she laughed when he told her where we live.

im still putting cards into folders, I’ve finished three but done them all different ways, still not sure what I’m doing but they are much tidier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #2264  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jan and Jayne! You both got haircuts...Yay! And, yes, there are always scammers out there ready to steal our credit. So annoying. I had a charge once for makeup from Taiwan! Crazy! The bank caught it, too, thankfully.

Hoping to spend some time crafting today. I bought myself a present this week too. A Cricut Joy machine. Cricut it was on sale and came bundled with some supplies. I'm having fun experimenting with it. Years ago, I had the original Cricut and had bought hundreds of cartridges for it, so I decided I should start using them again with a new machine. It is wireless and works with my Mac through online app "Cricut Design Space". So much for my pledge to "shop" in my own room and not buy anything. That didn't last long, but after all, I needed some "Joy" in my life. LOL

Have a great day my crafty friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:20 AM   #2265  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Morning!

Headache today! Must be from the snow and rain we had last night! Feel tired today!

So glad you ladies were able to get your hair cut!

My craft space is a mess! Junk journaling is the cause! LOL! So fun though! I need to clean!

Iris is crying...need to let her outside! Later everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:27 AM   #2266  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 232 Likes on 70 Posts

Good morning, good morning. I have caught up with chatter.

Shirl, please don’t think I forgot you at Christmas. Your envelope was returned to me yesterday. Apparently and/or obviously someone dropped it in a mud puddle. All the writing is gone, all the colors are gone, everything is gone on your card but wavy paper! I took a photo of all the blank pieces to show you! So Shirl, happy belated Merry Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-4a945e8e-9fad-4fea-a7e4-1ff33b7c83ee.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #2267  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I hope your headache goes away quickly! I used to get them with all the weather changes in Wisconsin. Maybe you should move to Arizona and craft with me!

Oh no, Kandie, how frustrating that your beautiful card was ruined!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:57 AM   #2268  
Forum Fanatic

Gracie how lovely to get a cricut, Ive actually never bought any cartridges as I bought the sure cuts a lot app so I could use SVGs, i know they were taken to court and had to stop selling it, I did have the cricut design studio but when I tried it yesterday it said it was only a trial app so deleted it. I did read that you could print and cut with the design studio, I will have to check out how much it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #2269  
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m am so sorry to hear Wendy has been ill for so long; however, I’m glad to hear she is in no pain.

Kathy, those letter openers are fantastic!

Victoria, glad to see you online again but sorry to hear you still have headaches.

I’ve already forgotten everything else, I’m so sorry.

DH’s health scare has made him realize there is business to be settled before anything else happens. We are getting our will done soon. Our Subaru car is a lease and is due to be returned in a few months, and neither of us want another car payment, so we’ve been car-looking. Yesterday we bought a 2013 Chevy Cruze for me, as DH loves his old Chevy Silverado truck so much he said he wants to be buried in it, lol. So the transportation issue is now settled and he feels better. The outside is a bit dinged and scratched, but the interior is immaculate, it runs great, and DH bargained a good price.

We have a list of things we’d like to get done to the house in case we need to downsize and want to sell it.

I’ve been working on so many projects that I’ve lost count. I have that family tree journal for my son, I tried my first cloth-covered chipboard journal cover and learned a lot, and I’m enjoying working on the pages, I’ve started making Valentines cards, and I’m LOVING my true junk journal! Every day I glue more bits and pieces and ideas and samples into the pages. I’m ready to make another one for the overflow! And just for the fun again, lol.

Yesterday DH dropped a wrapper from one of those round peppermints, and I picked it up (a change from all the wadded-up purple foil papers and Hershey’s tags), and it looked just like a micro-sized clear bag! I ran into the craft room and dug through my stuff and ran back to show DH the teeny tiny tag I had that would fit into the little bag, DH said, girl, you have a serious problem. Lol

Speaking of crafts, I lost my cheater glasses on the table, and when I finally found them, they’d been buried under mounds of stuff. And the colors were so similar they blended right in with the papers! Somewhere on that table is a lens!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-06f5e1e4-f538-4fd7-a4c0-09cb424a31a1.jpg  

Last edited by Kemernow; 01-15-2021 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 08:06 AM   #2270  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie you really are in your zone, I think steve tolerates me collecting everything in fact the whole family do, they save me fancy boxes, ribbons and make a joke about not throwing things away before asking Nan ! I’ve covered three biscuit tins already as I can’t bear to throw them away.
i also have glasses that are fancy like yours .

Ann I hope you headache goes soon,

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 08:25 AM   #2271  
Proud Fan Club Member

The MMJ challenge for January 15th pas been posted on that challenge thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 11:42 AM   #2272  
Proud Fan Club Member

Are there new dirty girls today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 01:00 PM   #2273  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Hello everyone! I got up and got right to work - and I do mean work. I brought stuff home yesterday so I could get out of the office! Problem is, I needed to first make the grocery list for DD1 to do the shopping....completely forgot about that. Yikes! Thankfully, she decided to eat lunch before doing the shopping.

Last night, DH met me in town and we had dinner out. It was so lovely. We followed that with a "romantic" walk through Home Depot. There isn't much to do for a date these days! We purchased a couple of needed cover plates while we were there. So happy to have those installed!

Shirl, I'm glad your power was restored. You know I'm sensitive to that! I hope you are able to connect with your brother and SIL.

Yay for successfully getting haircuts, Jan and Jayne.

Sirl, I scored some of our regular TP yesterday afternoon at Sam's Club too. I was surprised.

What an annoying inconvenience, Jayne, about your credit card. So glad your bank is on it! This morning, when I checked my phone, I had two texts from Microsoft giving me security codes to use. They were both generated around 4:30 am. I have no idea who might have been trying to hack my Microsoft account.

Gracie, I hope you get to craft today. I was hoping to as well but it isn't looking so good for that right now. I still have more work to do and then house cleaning to attend to.

So sorry you have a headache, Ann.

That is a bummer about your beautiful card being ruined, Kandie. I'm glad there was enough information left on the envelope that it could be returned to you.

Gracie, I have two Cricuts...that I never use. One I purchased used and the second was a gift. I really should try to use them.

Kandie, you made me laugh with your story about the candy wrapper!

Kathy, they have to delay the new gallery and dirty girls for at least a week due to the site bugs. Lydia is swamped!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 01:23 PM   #2274  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Uhm, Catherine, I don't think 'romantic' and 'home depot' go hand in hand! LOL
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #2275  
Proud Fan Club Member

Aw, Kandie, that is too bad. No worries, I wasn't keeping track of who sent me cards, lol. I do thank you for your efforts though in sending me one and just sorry that is what happened. That is amazing it even got returned to you. Thanks for letting me know.

Kandie, ha, ha, your glasses match those pretty papers! And you are rocking those journals.

Heard back from Bruce, we can go over on the weekend, wearing masks and social distancing. He has a sweet tooth so the idea of butter tarts that I told him I made for them, worked a treat as the Brits would say. Or is it worked a charm?

Jan, I look at every packaging etc. differently now, because of this hobby before throwing it away. John knows to ask as well, lol...

I don't know anything about a cricut but don't have any room anyways. I only have the big shot, my guillotine cutter and my Gemini Jr.

Ann so sorry about the headache. I bought some tylenol that is rapid release-fast acting. I would give you one if we lived next door!

Been the chiro this morning and got some errands done before coming home for lunch. Sunny today so going to get out for a walk.

Jayne, what a drag about your credit card. We use paypal, now, but years ago I ordered some stamping mags from Vamp Stamp News (VSN) The site was not secure and we got notified that someone had bought diving equipment in Florida on my mastercard!

LOL, I shall be over shortly to join you in a G.&T.!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #2276  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH has received two calls on the house phone from “Amazon “ saying someone had run up $999 in merchandise on our card. They did not, of course, say which card. And what’s truly amazing is that Amazon only has my cell but yet the call came in on the wrong phone. I never remember the house phone number, and only I have an account there. @#$&*! scammers.

Kathy, I forgot to tell you that I too stayed up to watch The Hustler because I too dearly love mysteries! DH thought it was the red-haired lady. Can you believe the life she has had?!

i use PayPal whenever it is available.

Here are the three projects I’m working on. Valentines cards, then the cloth-covered chipboard journal, then the small Tim Holtz binder for the Family Tree.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-f0b82872-3ddf-45a0-92df-85968eb6852d.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:13 PM   #2277  
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight, ladies! Heading for bed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #2278  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie your journals are beautiful. Is it helping you to use up your stash or do you buy more lol? Glad the scammers didn’t run up your Amazon account. Yikes. Thanks for posting the MMJ challenge. Looks fun.

I also use PayPal but unfortunately some stores don’t have the facility. I don’t like giving my CC details over the phone or having it swiped in a store. I much prefer to tap but sometimes you can’t always do that.

Catherine, yesterday must have been the day for scammers. We sometimes get messages via email about our Google account or PayPal and Amazon. We just delete them. I was nervous the guy I was speaking with wasn’t from the bank but by the time I got home they had closed the account and created a new one....phew. An outing with hubby is always fun in my books and if I get a coffee at the same time, bargain lol. We sometimes go to the hardware store together. He loves those outings lol.

Shirl glad you are seeing your brother and SIL. We say worked a treat.

Gracie, you little dark horse you....a new toy...lol..your spend at home didn’t last long but life is for enjoying. Have fun.

Ann, hope that you are feeling better today.

I’m heading to my craft room for a while. I can’t get too inky as I’ve just painted my nails...we have a special family dinner tonight. First time we have all been together in over a year.

Thinking of you all. Waving and sending hugs.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 08:42 PM   #2279  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, the best thing you can do should you ever get a call like that from your bank, is ask for the name of the person you are talking to, then tell them you need to call back. Hang up, look up your bank number and call them. Don't just hit 'redial' or 'call back' on your phone. Then you know for sure you are talking to your bank. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 10:22 PM   #2280  
Forum Fanatic

Not sure if I mentioned the parcel my son in SF sent me for my birthday that arrived in Madrid at the customs in mid October, we had to send passport details and sign a form, sent that back the same day and since then nothing, last night our son sent a text to say the package arrived back at his house, so for three months it has been travelling, I’m so pleased it’s arrived back as it was some jewellery he had made for me and it was insured, I did tell him not to send it but he wanted me to have a pressie to open, I suppose one day I might see it, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes