Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2021, 01:50 AM   #2441  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday. Shelly sorry to hear about your neighbour's grandchild. What a terrible time they are having. Thinking of them and hope the baby is ok.

Sorry to hear about your DIL too. Maybe you need to head over there and have lots of cuddles with your DGS. I always worry when I hear about babies climbing on stools.

The poppets were here today. I need a nannie nap LOL. We had lots of fun but a sticky card base I had on my table seems to have totally disappeared. We did some crafting in our journals and no idea where it's gone. Oh well, it will show up one day LOL. I also lost a tiny clear stamp the other day and the packet was only opened for a moment and nowhere near where the stamp I've lost was. I've searched high and low for that too. Small things.

Gracie, so sorry that your team lost...bummer.

Catherine, glad your DH fixed your shower. The meal you cooked sounds yum.

Jan, I can't wait to start making journals. I've been saying this for a while LOL.

Have a great day everyone. Tomorrow is Aussie Day
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2021, 03:05 AM   #2442  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne I remember a couple of years ago making a card for Aussie Day asa challenge you set.

been shopping, quite a few people out shopping, got two packs of thinner card and two rolls of tape, our cafe was open for take away coffee so we sat on the marina for five minutes, the girl was so pleased to see us and thanked us profusely for going there, she must be worried about her job , it’s the first time they’ve opened for take out.

Old 01-25-2021, 05:48 AM   #2443  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. The snow plows are getting ready, we are expecting four to six inches tonight through tomorrow. I have to take Dusty to the vet for her yearly shots today, and first I have to give Dusty a bath, and she is so nasty now if I get near her mouth, she tries to bite me. I’ll be asking her vet what to do about that, does she need a tranquilizer first. Her teeth look terrible. I have a feeling there will be some dental extractions in the near future.

Jan, I am so glad this was a decent mammography machine, it went up and down. I’m only 5 feet tall, so I would have needed a step stool if the machine didn’t lower down to me!

Shelly, I’m also so sorry to hear about the neighbor’s grandchild and your SIL.

DH’s DS2 and wife and son and his GF and their family of 7 children have now all had the virus. Only DH’s DIL is still having the fever come and go. She is the one with the compromised immune system.

Jan, check the back of anything you used for the sticky sheet. I get stuff stuck all the time. And I’ve had those darn little dies show up in the darndest places, even the waste basket, so don’t forget to check there!

I got quite a bit done on my Sherlock Holmes journal last night. It’s fun!

Packers lost, boooo, I love Aaron Rodgers. (Did I spell that right?). Chiefs won, yaaaaay! The Bills stayed in the locker room when the National Anthem was played. I think that is so wrong, so I booed every time they scored. I also love Patrick Mahomes, so I’m glad the Chiefs won. DH said it should be a good Super Bowl, the youngest and the oldest of the quarterbacks playing against each other!

Ok I need to put grumpy dog in the tub. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:04 AM   #2444  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie I think it’s sad the football players disrespecting the flag and anthem, we’ve always said we admire that Americans can fly their flag and are proud, In England people are made to take flags down, why? We may live in Spain but we are proud to be British.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:09 AM   #2445  
Forum Fanatic

I have my two waterfall parts ready to stick down, not sure what to put on the back , might be too thick if I put photos on there too, I had to change my inks I’ve printed so many sheets of card, I needed to copy two sorts as I didn’t have enough.
im enjoying it and looking at the photos of our eldest from birth to three years , that’s where I’m up to. I managed to break a corner punch, I took it to bits so now I will ask steve if he can fix it, I’ve already throw five punches away, they are old though.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2021, 07:59 AM   #2446  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

You'll have to post pictures Jan! Sounds like lots of work, but I'll bet your waterfall photos look great.

So sorry to hear of all the troubles for family and friends! 2021 sounds like it may be a bit of a struggle for many people, too. The vaccine isn't available yet in our small town, but the essential workers did get vaccinated, thank goodness. We may not get ours until the end of February or even March.

We woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning! We are in a Winter Storm Warning until Tuesday afternoon and could get up to 16 inches of snow when all is said and done! Oh my! Lots of time to stay in and craft.

Happy Monday!
Old 01-25-2021, 08:05 AM   #2447  
Forum Fanatic

We saw our 85 year old neighbour this morning, both in our cars, she said she hasn’t heard anything and hasn’t heard of anyone at our salud that’s been vaccinated, now after our health secretary had to resign for having his whole family vaccinated the top ranking army man has done the same, corruption is still alive and well in Spain.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:20 AM   #2448  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jan, that is terrible. So many dishonest, selfish people in places of power. So sad. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:23 AM   #2449  
Forum Fanatic

To be honest I think it’s probably happening all over but unless they are found out they get away with it, the owner of a care home in England had all his family vaccinated although they aren’t in the older age group, he then tried to pretend they work there.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:26 AM   #2450  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, yes, there are good and bad people every where. You can depend on that. Hopefully, more good than bad.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:27 AM   #2451  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!
Wow, lots of chatter! Son stopped by this morning so I'm late in signing in and reading the posts.

Dogs are grumpy this morning, do they know snow is coming? We too are under a winter weather advisory. Will see what we get, right now its for 2 to 4 inches.

I need to get my mammogram done too but refuse to go right now with all of the virus spreading.
Will wait to this summer, I think, maybe we will all be vaccinated by then. I can hope!

Off to start laundry! Rugs need washing too so lots to do!

Old 01-25-2021, 09:16 AM   #2452  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I haven’t caught up on chat, just wanted to let you know our power went out. They don’t expect it to be restored until 8 pm. I’m hoping it is back before then. Will catch up with you later.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #2453  
Proud Fan Club Member

We made a trip out this morning to the bank to deposit our stimulus check and then to deposit my moms. Then we did a trip to Walmart. please keep DS2 in prayer. He has a job interview tomorrow. my doctor's office called and my doctor's visit is going to be through my smartphone. They said I will only have to click on a link. since it is supposed to snow tomorrow I was glad to hear that.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:33 AM   #2454  
Proud Fan Club Member

The breast center called this morning, mammogram is clear, yay!

Dusty appears to have a bacterial infection in her mouth. Poor thing. The vet said once it heals she won’t be so grumpy about anything near her face. She is on vanilla-flavored custard chewable antibiotics for two weeks (why aren’t our pills ever that good?). She didn’t care for her first pill so I smeared it in peanut butter and she chowed it right down. She got her yearly shots and rabies tag, heart worm test (all clear), and her ticker is healthy. I had her nails cut too, as she hadn’t been to the groomers in two months because she tried to bite one of them!

Ann, I told the vet about the yellow bile she was vomiting there for a while. He looked at me and said, and? I said we switched her to canned Science Diet chicken meals for dogs 7+. He said, good! Have you tried your fur babies on Science Diet? I know they also get that yellow stuff coming up. Dusty has stopped vomiting completely.

I mailed out the rest of my Alpha friends’ Valentine cards today!

That’s it for cards for me except birthdays, if I can remember, and then I’ll do Easter cards for everyone with little papers inside! I am enjoying doing that, so DH says, have at it!

Do any of you have the Big Bite hole punch and grommets setter? I had mine sitting on my table, it’s the only thing that will go through chipboard. DH walked in and said, Holy cow, what is THAT???

I forgot to mention above, if you are ever using your MISTI and suddenly are missing some cling stamps, take a look at the back of the MISTI. Amazing how many of mine disappear and then show up there, lol.

This fun sign was on the wall at the vet’s office.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-7bc47ab2-a7b2-4a10-a8d5-f4e6af136536.jpg  

Old 01-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #2455  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, glad to hear you got your stimulus check. I haven’t heard anything about ours yet.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:37 PM   #2456  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I have a big bite, which I hardly ever use, because I also have the regular cropadile, which does the same thing except it doesn't have the long reach. The corner chompers are nice too, for rounding corners of thick heavy things. They come is several designs (2 on each).
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 01-25-2021, 02:29 PM   #2457  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
The breast center called this morning, mammogram is clear, yay!

Dusty appears to have a bacterial infection in her mouth. Poor thing. The vet said once it heals she won’t be so grumpy about anything near her face. She is on vanilla-flavored custard chewable antibiotics for two weeks (why aren’t our pills ever that good?). She didn’t care for her first pill so I smeared it in peanut butter and she chowed it right down. She got her yearly shots and rabies tag, heart worm test (all clear), and her ticker is healthy. I had her nails cut too, as she hadn’t been to the groomers in two months because she tried to bite one of them!

Ann, I told the vet about the yellow bile she was vomiting there for a while. He looked at me and said, and? I said we switched her to canned Science Diet chicken meals for dogs 7+. He said, good! Have you tried your fur babies on Science Diet? I know they also get that yellow stuff coming up. Dusty has stopped vomiting completely.

I mailed out the rest of my Alpha friends’ Valentine cards today!

That’s it for cards for me except birthdays, if I can remember, and then I’ll do Easter cards for everyone with little papers inside! I am enjoying doing that, so DH says, have at it!

Do any of you have the Big Bite hole punch and grommets setter? I had mine sitting on my table, it’s the only thing that will go through chipboard. DH walked in and said, Holy cow, what is THAT???

I forgot to mention above, if you are ever using your MISTI and suddenly are missing some cling stamps, take a look at the back of the MISTI. Amazing how many of mine disappear and then show up there, lol.

This fun sign was on the wall at the vet’s office.
Yes, I have the big bite and love it. I took it to card class last month because we were punching through several layers.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #2458  
Proud Fan Club Member

The doctor's office called today about tomorrow's appointment. They asked if I had a smartphone and did I want to try a video visit. So tomorrow at 11 I'll be seeing the doctor in my jammies!! LOL
Old 01-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #2459  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Northern Arizona is getting quite the snowstorm! Payson is at 5,000 feet and up in the mountains. We already have over a foot of snow and are suppose to get 5 to 10 inches more tonight! It's still snowing! Very pretty. It will be gone in a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-january-2021.jpg  
Old 01-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #2460  
Proud Fan Club Member

And wisconsin probably doesn't have any snow! Crazy weather for sure.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #2461  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good for you Kathy...you don't have to go out and get any germs at the Dr. office.

Kandie, yes, I have the Big Bite. I like it cause it can reach in farther and it punches through lots of layers. I also have the Crop-a-dile too. Ha ha! Yay for a clear Mammo!
Old 01-25-2021, 02:45 PM   #2462  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, yes, I talked to my mom in Wis. today and she only had 2 inches.

Sorry to hear you’re without power Catherine. Hope it comes back soon!
Old 01-25-2021, 03:49 PM   #2463  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie Thanks,
For the lovely valentine card. I love the paper very pretty. And it warm my heart and made me smile too! was the paper new for Su? Linda
Old 01-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #2464  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Kathy,

I love that birthday card. And the paper so bright and cheerful. And the strawberries look so yummy! Thank for bright my day too. Thanks Linda
Old 01-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #2465  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, the mail moved fast on your birthday card! It's been slow lately so I'm impressed!
Old 01-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #2466  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay to a clear mammogram Kandie and good to hear that little Dusty is being treated. She may not be so grumpy now lol. You are so good to send out cards. I only usually do birthday cards or hugs cards. I went through my cards the other week and I have a lot of rubbish ones that I may try and rescue.

wow Gracie, that’s a lot of snow. I’d love to roll in it and make a snowman.

yay to a stimulus check..wish we got one. We aren’t eligible here but a lot of our friends got them. Oh well. We can’t complain. I’d probably spend mine on craft items lol. We did get a rebate for our electricity. All homes got it irrespective of income and assets.

Kathy I like Drs visits at home via the phone. Hope all goes well.

Catherine, hope your power is back on now.

I have a cropodile and use it to punch holes in my packaging so I can hang them on a ring holder. I’ve used it to put a hole in leather belts too lol. Other than that it stays in my drawer. It’s so heavy.

it’s Aussie day today. Lots of citizenship ceremonies and perhaps fireworks....Not sure....and for us it will just be another day. We usually have a family bbq but everyone is doing their own thing this year and we just want to chill. I’m going to craft later and finish some things I’ve been working on. I tried a few techniques and none worked so I gave up on those. The poppets did some craft with me yesterday. They were here all day. Was fun but tiring. I slept well last night lol.

still not found the missing items and I did empty my rubbish bin and also check under craft tools. It’s such a tiny stamp I think it’s gone. I hope not as I’ve never used it and I still don’t know how it got out of the packaging. I wondered whether it wasn’t in there in the first place.

Ann, Sharon and others, I’m hoping to zoom tomorrow morning..your Tuesday evening. I told DH I was getting up early. He asked how early lol. Can you let me know if you will be on around 6/7pm your time and I will jump on. Would love to say hi to some of you. It’s been a while.

have a fun day everyone

Old 01-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #2467  
Proud Fan Club Member

I can't zoom at 11. That's when I will be on my doctor video appointment
Old 01-25-2021, 06:52 PM   #2468  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have the big bite and also the regular cropadile, and the corner chomper, which I recently re-discovered in a drawer. DH will be surprised so many of us have such big monster tools for our little projects, lol.

Linda, glad your cards brought a smile! The papers are downloaded from a digital paper site on Etsy and printed on my printer.

We are getting the snow tonight. DH’s DS2, who is Street Department Commissioner, is already grumbling.

Jayne, we heard on the news at 10 pm that the African virus version has hit Australia. Is everyone around you okay?

Old 01-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #2469  
Stazon Splitcoast

what did the paper coast you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
I have the big bite and also the regular cropadile, and the corner chomper, which I recently re-discovered in a drawer. DH will be surprised so many of us have such big monster tools for our little projects, lol.

Linda, glad your cards brought a smile! The papers are downloaded from a digital paper site on Etsy and printed on my printer.

We are getting the snow tonight. DH’s DS2, who is Street Department Commissioner, is already grumbling.

Jayne, we heard on the news at 10 pm that the African virus version has hit Australia. Is everyone around you okay?
Old 01-25-2021, 07:06 PM   #2470  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay! Our power is FINALLY back on. We were just getting ready to grill dinner when it came back on. We went ahead with the hobo pouch dinners on the grill anyway. The forecast sounds questionable for keeping power on Wednesday morning. We'll see.

Jan, we don't normally get a lot of snow but generally do once a winter or so.

Wow, Shelly, I wonder where your package was between the end of December and January when you actually received it. And yes, I am very blessed to have such a talented hubby.

Oh, and I didn't find Kelly's card in the posting thread. I went to her gallery and found it.

Goodness, your poor neighbors! They are dealing with so much right now. Praying for them - and your DIL too.

Kandie, I had to wait for the snowplow today before I could head down the hill to work. We really don't have snow appropriate vehicles. Thankfully, once it was plowed, it wasn't a problem.

I have some friends from the midwest who are SO happy about the Chiefs. Personally, I don't follow football.

Jan, why can't people fly flags in England?

Wow, Gracie, you got a lot of snow....please keep it there! I don't want the snow we have!

Kathy, is DS2 the one who currently works at Walmart? Or is this a different son?

Yay for a clear mammo reading, Kandie. Sorry to read about poor Dusty. Good news though, that the medicine should clear it up and she'll go back to being the sweet, bossy dog she is.

Jayne, I need to sort through my old cards too and figure out what to do with them. I have some that I wouldn't want to send out to anyone now...

Kandie, I do not have the Big Bite, just the Crop-a-dile.

Here are a few photos from this morning. This is the view from our deck. Gracie, not as much snow as you have and I'm perfectly fine with that!

After I exercised this evening, I went out and stepped barefoot in the snow on the deck...
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-6dd22ce5-a04c-4b61-a097-121fdd3f21c8_1_201_a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-35b1794c-c612-4583-8024-f555050a4dcc_1_105_c.jpg  
Old 01-25-2021, 08:42 PM   #2471  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I think it was some returning travellers who are in quarantine. Some were in South Africa and some in the UK. It comes from South Africa and we have a lot of South Africans living here and the flights from South Africa are bringing citizens back. We are ok here in the West..still thankful and lucky we are all safe here.

Kathy, the ladies will be zooming at 4.30/5pm your time and when I will get on. It will be Wednesday morning here. Hope you can join us.

Catherine, glad your power is back on. Such pretty photos.

I’ve been getting messy. Still not found the tiny stamp or my card base. How a 5x5 base can disappear I don’t know lol.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:27 PM   #2472  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We are getting snow right now through tomorrow evening. 4-6 inches predicted. Gracie, you have more than we do.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 01-26-2021, 05:03 AM   #2473  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
We are getting snow right now through tomorrow evening. 4-6 inches predicted. Gracie, you have more than we do.
Yes, we do! Woke up to even more this morning! Crazy over 20 inches now and still snowing!

Catherine, glad you have electricity again. We will be snowed in for several days as our road doesn't ever get plowed.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:16 AM   #2474  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

We must have gotten 8 inches here! It's deep! I woke up at 4 A.M. and looked out, it was a blizzard!

Schools in the surrounding areas are closed but not ours! The winds are really strong and blowing today.

Stay safe everyone!

Old 01-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #2475  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We still have power - yay! And no more snow...yet. There is more in the forecast and I won't be surprised if we lose power tonight/tomorrow because we have high winds in our forecast. California sometimes feels like a third world country the way they can't keep basic things like power going. We'll see what happens.

An afternoon Zoom later today, Jayne? Well, later today for us, tomorrow morning for Jayne. I hope I can pop on at least for a little bit.

Gracie and Melody, something sounds wrong with Gracie having more snow in Arizona than there is in Wisconsin!

Gracie, we are thankful that they plow our street. I was pleasantly surprised to find that was the case.

So why aren't your local schools closed, Ann? DD2 almost got a snow day yesterday (which is such a strange idea since she is home schooled and doesn't need to commute to school!). But, she ended up going down the hill with us so she was able to use the internet at work. Though, where she chose to set up, the wifi wasn't reaching her so very well so things took a long time to load.

Here is photographic proof of my stepping into the snow on the deck to cool off after I exercised last night. Both sets are from my bare feet which is funny because the set on the left look bigger to me. I guess I was more committed to standing in the snow that time?
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-feet-snow.jpg  
Old 01-26-2021, 08:37 AM   #2476  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes Catherine, it's the son who worked at Walmart. He lost his job there. I don't know why and didn't ask. I just pray he gets this job because it's lots more than his Walmart job. Please pray that they hire him!
Old 01-26-2021, 08:41 AM   #2477  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Have you been waiting long? Your wait may be over tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:43 AM   #2478  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We are still getting snow. DH ran the snowblower early just to get out for his morning workout at the gym, but he's waiting for the snow to stop before redoing.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:44 AM   #2479  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, I love your bare feet in the snow. That must be cold. I've been known to walk out on the porch without shoes to grab a package, but I try not to step in the snow.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:17 AM   #2480  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thing1View Post
Have you been waiting long? Your wait may be over tomorrow.
Oh boy! Maybe another alpha?