Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-2-a-389339/)

chrispy1778 11-22-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 12145543)
Hey Retro Ho!

OMG - I'm laughing my considerably padded *** off!!! If Lance weren't already in the middle of this third dream, I'd wake him up and show him. . .;) He's got such a serious man crush on Bruce. .

The goober just bought this t-shirt two days ago. . .:roll:

http://www.thewirelesscatalog.com/cg...L&item=VG7532G

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

MWAH!

Sweet!!! I want one!!:mrgreen:

They've released a talking Fezzik and a Dread Pirate Roberts ( he doesn't talk, though )... when the Inigo Montoya doll finally comes out, it will be mine.:twisted:
I'll have two pretty toys with worn out chips - that one and my Jareth ( Christmas needs to hurry up and get here ).

Our buddy Jason went to Detroit yesterday ( 'cause Bruce is lazy and prefers to stay on 'his' side of the state so he can just sleep at his brother's house for free vs. a hotel suite ) to see a showing of 'My Name Is Bruce'.
I tried to talk Chris into going along, but Mr. Morals wouldn't skip work.

He doesn't know it yet, but Santa slipped season 1 of Burn Notice into the gifts pile... he'll get in on Christmas day, when the kids open their presents from Santa Claus.

chrispy1778 11-22-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12141317)
Geeze, who doesn't? Him and Sean Connery, by golly Sean is still sexy at 80!

While Mr. Ford doesn't do a thing for me, I will second that bit on Sean Connery. 'Sexy" and "Old enough to be my grandpa" rarely go hand inhand, but Sean's still got it goin' on. ;)

In my efforts to feel lass crappy yesterday, I hid on the couch most of the day... watched Pride & Prejudice and Medicine Man.

So, I got a Sean Connery fix and a healthy dose of Colin Firth. Beat staring at talk shows and soap operas, that's for sure!:mrgreen:

mcfadden 11-22-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12144435)
Hey all, I'm home with a bag full of new LOOT! :P Joy, I think I found the company that makes that hoodie stamp you bought! Didn't get the hoodie, but found a purse stamp (huge!) I got so many cute ideas for it....

Can't wait to play with my new goodies....

Got some Gina K Luxury Card Stock (ooohhh now I see what the big deal is), Rupa's Retro Boutique Set (Gina K Designs ~ Rupa was there too and so was Alicia and Gina K of course), Two Marvy snowflake punches (the Super and Extra Jumbo- BOTH for $13!) SU retired Sweeter Treaters for $20 (I have been looking for this set!) and a Carla Craft binding system - which is much more better than the bind-it-all - portable, light-weight, and $30. The coils that go with it are $5 for 3-12" strips. Good deal! We did lots of make-n-takes, I did about half of them (there were 20 of them!) and it was soooooo relaxing - hardly ANY crowds, plenty of room to walk, maybe 3-4 people at each booth, and that's it. It was WONDERFUL. and I met barbaralynn (some of you might remember her - she has hosted a few swaps ) she's really sweet we hung out together all evening. Oh such a HAPPY ending to a CRAPPY Week!!!! WAHOO!

Now, off to find some dinner in the fridge.....I have not ate since uhhhh last night???

OH, LJ, that's WONDERFUL! What a very good ending to a crappy work week and beautiful beginning to a new weekend. So very glad you were able to make the event and had such a good time!:D

mcfadden 11-22-2008 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaniels (Post 12144663)
LOL! I'll check and see what I've got..Yes I'm about 5 years past that but who's counting at this point. :-D

I thought you just added the 2 numbers together, ya know 4+5=9, and I'm only 13! LJ is 9 also!

mcfadden 11-22-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12144946)
I'm HOOOOOOOOOOME and I freaking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the movie, I am more in love with Edward more than EVER! This is a bad picture, but it's me before the movie, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment 123294

Whew! So happy to see the movie met your expectations, as I so didn't want you to be disappointed.

wildbasket 11-22-2008 04:15 AM

LJ let me know how you like the purse stamp..I have my eye on it. I saw some and the lady made them into post it note holders.

I have the hoodie and the men's dress shirt from toomuchfun they are great..If any one wants some to play with let me know. If you stamp on dp all you have to do is cut them out. Couple pics in my gallery

sgc 11-22-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12145860)
I thought you just added the 2 numbers together, ya know 4+5=9, and I'm only 13! LJ is 9 also!

I love your thinking! I'm the same age as LJ:) Nice lazy day here--at least for Grandma and Grandpa. Liz is currently running in a fundraiser race for her high school band. Jim and I are waiting to eat Hot Appl

e Oatmeal (one of our favorites, but something she won't touch!) This afternoon, which she is doing volunteer work at an equestrian program for disabled children, I am going to Archivers and out to dinner with two of my SCS stamping friends. Ah, sweet time away from children!!!!! Tonight I should be able to get some stamping in. Hope everyone else has a wonderful day planned.

Sandye/sgc

urscrappymama 11-22-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12145860)

AHA! I was wondering what the formula was! ;) Cool! I'm only 8! :mrgreen:

urscrappymama 11-22-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasket (Post 12146032)
LJ let me know how you like the purse stamp..I have my eye on it. I saw some and the lady made them into post it note holders.

I have the hoodie and the men's dress shirt from toomuchfun they are great..If any one wants some to play with let me know. If you stamp on dp all you have to do is cut them out. Couple pics in my gallery

Hey Lisa? Where didja get them? Have a handy-dandy link?

daiseyfreak 11-22-2008 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 123329

ok my creative hos, I need help, what are crafty or household things I can use to make the raspberry and the whipped topping on this inspiration piece, I'm trying to make those cake slices with cs

cricketeew 11-22-2008 06:54 AM

use stickles or flocking for the whiping and the berries use lots and lots of tinny seed beads????

Or look at the thig blog at the way she made her snow I bet you could do this for your toping -
http://quackingcreations.blogspot.com/

daiseyfreak 11-22-2008 06:55 AM

ROBERTA, GUESS WHAT I GOT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! thank you thank you thank you!

daiseyfreak 11-22-2008 06:56 AM

I thought about liquid applique, but it doesn't stack up very well, and i would like for it to stick up, crap, my creative juices are dry :( thanks for the suggestions Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babitoons 11-22-2008 07:19 AM

Joy....I would think styrofoam mini ball and beads....but thats just me....mabye even rolling it all in some glitter too.....

delfinaus 11-22-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babitoons (Post 12147296)
Joy....I would think styrofoam mini ball and beads....but thats just me....mabye even rolling it all in some glitter too.....

Hey Jackie,
I'm so glad you have a prognosis. You've been in my thoughts these past couple of weeks.
I've been checkig out your blog, and i love the cards you have been posting.

delfinaus 11-22-2008 07:42 AM

Joy,
I was also going to suggest liquid applique, but you're right, it doesn't stack that nicely.
ACTUALLY , i had a thought right now, do you have Liquid pearls from stickles??? That might actually work, if you let it dry in layers.

LauraJean 11-22-2008 07:49 AM

Morning everyone! wow I missed a lot ;)

LauraJean 11-22-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasket (Post 12146032)

Oohh! I like that idea! Post-it holders! I'll let you know, I need to find my desk first ;)

babitoons 11-22-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinaus (Post 12147409)
Hey Jackie,
I'm so glad you have a prognosis. You've been in my thoughts these past couple of weeks.
I've been checkig out your blog, and i love the cards you have been posting.

Aww..thanks Michele :) I've been trying to create cards and such, but I've been so tired, it takes a lot to get one card made. On Thrusday it took me a few hours to create the two cards for the Hip Hop challenges when it normally takes me a little over an hour for both...not fun. I've also been waking up later so my posting times are a bit off, but I'm creating what I can, trying to keep up with everything...in fact I think I should go check my swaps, I just realized I haven't even thought of any swaps....crap, this could be bad!

wildbasket 11-22-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12146353)
Hey Lisa? Where didja get them? Have a handy-dandy link?

http://www.toomuchfunrubberstamps.com/index.htm

KelliJo 11-22-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinaus (Post 12147422)
Joy,
I was also going to suggest liquid applique, but you're right, it doesn't stack that nicely.
ACTUALLY , i had a thought right now, do you have Liquid pearls from stickles??? That might actually work, if you let it dry in layers.

I made a recipe card divider for Dip and had some"Dip" on it... go to Mikes and get some of the puffy paint for T Shirts, that is what I used and YES, use it in layers, must have patience as it dries in time.... NOT with a heat gun.....

LauraJean 11-22-2008 10:10 AM

wahoo! I got my tree up! (not decorated though ~ although it does have lights!)

KelliJo 11-22-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12148264)
wahoo! I got my tree up! (not decorated though ~ although it does have lights!)

:shock: That is as far as I got LAST YEAR... then Hailey decorated it Christmas Eve...it finally came down in March! :rolleyes:

LauraJean 11-22-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12148284)
:shock: That is as far as I got LAST YEAR... then Hailey decorated it Christmas Eve...it finally came down in March! :rolleyes:

most of the ornaments are still at aunties....gonna go through them tomorrow @ her place :) I about freaked when dad came in and the box said 6'5"...I was thinking it was gonna be a 4'-4'5" cause that is what we were looking at - and then he said he saw one at WM for $35 so I told him to get it, well he didn't tell me it was 6'5"! my place is not BIG by any stretch, but it does fit nicely in front of the patio doors :mrgreen:

celestial_stamper 11-22-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12148163)
I made a recipe card divider for Dip and had some"Dip" on it... go to Mikes and get some of the puffy paint for T Shirts, that is what I used and YES, use it in layers, must have patience as it dries in time.... NOT with a heat gun.....

I use tacky glue with white acrylic paint added to it. I can even stir in the sparkle & layer it up.

LauraJean 11-22-2008 10:33 AM

OKay, now I am gonna go reward myself at the pub :D Got lots of sorting done, and got the tree up. I think that deserves a few malibu's don't you?

KelliJo 11-22-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12148393)
OKay, now I am gonna go reward myself at the pub :D Got lots of sorting done, and got the tree up. I think that deserves a few malibu's don't you?

Ask for a "F.H.";) :mrgreen: Heck yes, ENJOY THE DAY!!!!! Heat from the INSIDE lasts longer too!

LauraJean 11-22-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12148482)
Ask for a "F.H.";) :mrgreen: Heck yes, ENJOY THE DAY!!!!! Heat from the INSIDE lasts longer too!

OMG I had one of those wednesday......too much in ONE drink for something I'd be drinking for 3-4 hours.....but very NUMMY! def. a columbus drink though!

huera90 11-22-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc (Post 12146059)
I love your thinking! I'm the same age as LJ:) Nice lazy day here--at least for Grandma and Grandpa. Liz is currently running in a fundraiser race for her high school band. Jim and I are waiting to eat Hot Appl

e Oatmeal (one of our favorites, but something she won't touch!) This afternoon, which she is doing volunteer work at an equestrian program for disabled children, I am going to Archivers and out to dinner with two of my SCS stamping friends. Ah, sweet time away from children!!!!! Tonight I should be able to get some stamping in. Hope everyone else has a wonderful day planned.

Sandye/sgc

Sounds like a wonderful and well-deserved day!!!

huera90 11-22-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12147095)
Attachment 123329

ok my creative hos, I need help, what are crafty or household things I can use to make the raspberry and the whipped topping on this inspiration piece, I'm trying to make those cake slices with cs

Liquid Applique for the cread. . .a small glitter brads to duplicate the "facets" of the raspberry.

daiseyfreak 11-22-2008 11:17 AM

Lj, a drink sounds fantastic, I had a margarita after the movie last night that about knocked me on my *ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my winter clothes out today, am waiting to put the tree up till I"m off for Thanksgiving, that way, Chris can help me put my autumn hay bales from the porch in the barn- not my house, our actual barn, lol.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions ladies, I think I have some ideas brewing.......Being creative when you have to be is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KelliJo 11-22-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12148699)
Lj, a drink sounds fantastic, I had a margarita after the movie last night that about knocked me on my *ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my winter clothes out today, am waiting to put the tree up till I"m off for Thanksgiving, that way, Chris can help me put my autumn hay bales from the porch in the barn- not my house, our actual barn, lol.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions ladies, I think I have some ideas brewing.......Being creative when you have to be is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG this is for another thingy??? YIKES, those cake slices SUCK.... Looked at them for a ABAC and then fouind SOMETHING ELSE!:mrgreen:

daiseyfreak 11-22-2008 11:59 AM

KJ, i love your new avatar!!!!!!!!!! cute cute

the cake slices kind of are a pain, I made one, tried to make 2, but got frustrated and am satisfied with the one, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's for the Etsy Inspired challenge next week.

ok girls, I'm off to get ready to go to Indy for the night, we're going to a comedy club and then to a party, so I will talk with you ladies tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcfadden 11-22-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12148482)

Dare I ask what a "F.H." is and did I just embarass myself by doing so? Gee that won't be the first time!

huera90 11-22-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12149309)
Dare I ask what a "F.H." is and did I just embarass myself by doing so? Gee that won't be the first time!

"Fat Hooker" - It's a drink named after me with Malibu Rum (LJ's favorite) in it. . .;)

ddaniels 11-22-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12147095)
Attachment 123329

Hey Joy if you use alot of liquid applique and use tiny pink beads for the raspberries. Once you heat it up it should look like the icing and raspberries.

cricketeew 11-22-2008 02:33 PM

HI girls I am off to Dinner and a movie with Paul for my Birthday so may not be back on tonight!
Stay warm it is cold here!

SuG 11-22-2008 02:53 PM

Roberta,
My son was just given 4 boxes of comics, most in mint condition in protectors. where do we find out what may be collectable and what he can just read and play with?

cricketeew 11-22-2008 03:08 PM

Thanks to Sandye/SGC for my very cute Spa Bella birthday card!
I just love her black fuzzy slipers! And the way you used your DP in your cuttle bug! Too cute! Thanks to puting a smile on my face today! :)

LauraJean 11-22-2008 03:25 PM

I'm not gonna get too excited....Bucky won but it was not pretty, we needed overtime to beat a Football Subdivision Championship Team (Cal Poly) and we only got the "W" because Cal Poly's kicker cannot kick extra points....

but it does look like we will get a warmer bowl game....arizona anybody???