Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-2-a-389339/)

mcfadden 11-23-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12155365)
Ok, I need help -

What kind of black ink can I buy where my prismacolor markers will not smear? I have PTI WHite, Whisper White, and Gina K Luxury Card-stock and they all smear so I am pretty sure it's the Jet Back Stazon I am using that is not cooperating with me. Thanks!

Go to www.whippersnapper.com and look for the tips and techniques---gives you help on paper, ink, etc for copics.

Hey LJ! One more in the win column and the Sooners trashed Texas Tech!

mcfadden 11-23-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Ok, I need help -

What kind of black ink can I buy where my prismacolor markers will not smear? I have PTI WHite, Whisper White, and Gina K Luxury Card-stock and they all smear so I am pretty sure it's the Jet Back Stazon I am using that is not cooperating with me. Thanks!

calling you....answer

LauraJean 11-23-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12155486)
calling you....answer

Thanks Kash, maybe dad will take me out to M's since there is no Packer game or race to watch ;)

LauraJean 11-23-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12155471)
Go to www.whippersnapper.com and look for the tips and techniques---gives you help on paper, ink, etc for copics.

Hey LJ! One more in the win column and the Sooners trashed Texas Tech!

Uhuh ~ I thought that would be a much closer game.

Course a lot of bigten games were like that - Iowa crushed MN, Ohio State was all over Michigan, and Penn State creamed Indiana. Oh and Purdue beat MI State. All were creamers.

cherthosestamps 11-23-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMom (Post 12155288)
Hey ladies...just checking in real quick! I'll do some catching up later on when my head is a bit more clear. Man has it been a weekend! We got a call Thursday afternoon that my dad's only brother left (younger than my dad) passed away. So we went to Tijuana where he lived early Saturday morning and it was so sad to see my dad find out one minute, forget the next, and be told again a minute later. It was so hard to see him cry everytime he was reminded. So my uncles widow told us that it was just best for us to come home and not mention it anymore so we came home that same day and got home about midnight. My heat was aching all the way because my dad was talking about how it was nice to see his brother again after so many years (he didn't even get to see my uncle) so I was crying as I drived and try not to let my dad see me crying. We're good now because he got up for breakfast like nothing. I just had to come to my desk to craft...cheap therapy you know. Anywho...

DJ...got the bio cards I believe Wednesday morning and they are great...fun read! LOL! Thanks for hosting this so so cool swap! Hugs!

You are welcome..I think only one ho is still waiting, I am hoping Stamperela gets hers soon..

cherthosestamps 11-23-2008 09:21 AM

For any pain in the ars, flaker, or anyone bothering you..this goes out to my Sscrappy..and Chrispy..

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)
(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)
What you say?

Woah Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean,
You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen.
I guess if you said so
I'd have to pack my things and go. (That's right)

What you say?

Now baby, listen baby, don't ya treat me this-a way
Cause I'll be back on my feet some day.
(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)
(you ain't got no money you just ain't no good.)
Well, I guess if you say so

What you say?

Well
(don't you come back no more.)
Uh, what you say?
I didn't understand you
You can't mean that
Oh, now baby, please
What you tryin' to do to me?
Oh, don't treat me like that

yoorah 11-23-2008 09:29 AM

This is so funny. I had a bunch of people over for dinner last night and we were talking about Princess Bride with each person trying to outdo the last person reciting that very line!
Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 12145543)
Hey Retro Ho!

OMG - I'm laughing my considerably padded *** off!!! If Lance weren't already in the middle of this third dream, I'd wake him up and show him. . .;) He's got such a serious man crush on Bruce. . .;)

The goober just bought this t-shirt two days ago. . .:roll:

http://www.thewirelesscatalog.com/cg...L&item=VG7532G

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

MWAH!

mcfadden 11-23-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12152167)
You ask, you receive:

1 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
1/2 oz Malibu Rum
Orange Juice

Fill tall glass with ice, add the vodka, peach schnapps, and malibu, top off with OJ.

Good night nurse, that would knock me on my butt---(an yea, I really do say things like good night nurse!)

KelliJo 11-23-2008 09:38 AM

Good morning ladies and Goodbye... Taking Bub to get some clothes up North and then headed to work!!! I'll Be Back!!!!

Scrappy you are SO cracking me up!!!! No chocolate, Nasty Flaking WHO's and PMS.... BAD BAD BAD combo! LOL:mrgreen:

KelliJo 11-23-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12155757)
Good night nurse, that would knock me on my butt---(an yea, I really do say things like good night nurse!)

I can vouch for that! LOL

OK, See ya all later!

mcfadden 11-23-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12152203)
I have, they charged me for a Sex on the Beach which is actually very similar (and one of my other faves). It was $6 down at the pub (probably cause the liquor is about two shots worth!)

You mean there's a DRINK named after what we did at Sheridan Street Beach on Friday nights?

yoorah 11-23-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12155308)
HOLY HO, I missed a lot!!!!!!!!

Gabby, bless your heart, I'll be thinking of you today, HUGS.

Soooo, lots of talk about alcohol, lol, fitting b/c I had quite a few drinks last night- the comedy club we went to, we got in for free and got all our drinks free- my friend's friend works there and got us in and was the bartender :) I am quite partial to red bull and vodka, and of course strawberry daq. and strawberry shortcakes, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

ok, off to work on some pages and get ready to see TWILIGHT again tonight. i got the soundtrack yesterday and i LOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

have a good sunday girls!!!!!!!!!!

I had my first red bull and vodka while in Vegas last weekend... along with two white chocolate martini's, a lychee martini, 2 sakes, and beer... it was a wild night that started about 6 PM and went to about 3 AM ;)

yoorah 11-23-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Ok, I need help -

Staz-On black doesn't smear for me with PTI White and prismacolors.

Stazo_on on WW DOES smear.

Try Memento tuxedo black with WW and prismacolor markers.

mcfadden 11-23-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12152310)
I GOT ONE!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH ON YOU GUYS!!!!!!:mrgreen:

I got one too! Debbie made this for the Sketchy Swap. Will save one for you LJ---it is freakin gorgeous---Kelly--did you put it on your wall of fame?

I thought you were talking about the card, not the coozie--do y'all see the flashing DUH sign above my head.

LauraJean 11-23-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 12155817)
Staz-On black doesn't smear for me with PTI White and prismacolors.

Stazo_on on WW DOES smear.

Try Memento tuxedo black with WW and prismacolor markers.

I'm gonna pick up the tuxedo black memento this week, thanks!

FaieeMom 11-23-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Ok, I need help -

Hey LJ...I use StazOn and don't have a smearing problem. What I do is stamp the image (on non flat surface CS like WWhite) and let it set overnight. I also use Brilliance ink and heat set. Try to use CS without the SU WWhite feel...some texture works great with Prismas. Also...if you get bleeding...try not to color near the stamped line. HTH!

FaieeMom 11-23-2008 10:04 AM

Ok...a bit caught up! Thanks for the thoughts and hugs...I appreciate that! Next time I'm MIA...I promise to come back with better news and not this bring you down stuff. Thank GOD for my Ho's (not the who's)! I promise OK!!! Next time I'll let you know if I won the lottery and went to Italy (my dream place) or Hawaii (my rest place) and have been having a blast...lol. Love you guys!

ddaniels 11-23-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Ok, I need help -

LJ - I use memento tuxedo black or brillance graphic black with my copics to keep them from smearing/running.

cricketeew 11-23-2008 11:00 AM

HI All off to take my Sunday and Brithday afternoon nap! This geting old thing is makeing me Tired!
I saw you all talking about drinks last night! Was that in honor of my Birthday?? Have another round on me in honor of me geting older! Maybe I should be the one drinking LOL

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:00 AM

http://sheetloadshortcuts.blogspot.com/

Girls, all 3 of my projects are now posted on this blog, if you would post a comment on all of mine, I would super super duper appreciate it. I think I need all the help I can get.........

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:01 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Ok, I need help -

yeah it is the stazon. Didja try memento?

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:04 AM

I use momento too, Loved it in Austin, bought me some as soon as I got home!

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Birthday Elizabeth! Attachment 123444

cricketeew 11-23-2008 11:05 AM

Amuse has a good ink to use with Copics as well

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12156343)
I use momento too, Loved it in Austin, bought me some as soon as I got home!

I bought it there when we took the AMuse class, and got more once I got home too! :) I already wore out a few of the little cats eye size pads! :rolleyes:

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeew (Post 12156359)
Amuse has a good ink to use with Copics as well

thats the one Elizabeth! Memento

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:12 AM

Annabella is here shakin' it to your blog music Joy!

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:14 AM

ooooh, I added some songs from the Twilight soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12155818)
I got one too! Debbie made this for the Sketchy Swap. Will save one for you LJ---it is freakin gorgeous---Kelly--did you put it on your wall of fame?

I thought you were talking about the card, not the coozie--do y'all see the flashing DUH sign above my head.

I wanna see!!!!!!

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12155644)
For any pain in the ars, flaker, or anyone bothering you..this goes out to my Sscrappy..and Chrispy..

What you say?

Woah Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean,
You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen.
I guess if you said so

What you say?

Now baby, listen baby, don't ya treat me this-a way
Cause I'll be back on my feet some day.
(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)
(you ain't got no money you just ain't no good.)
Well, I guess if you say so

What you say?

Well
Uh, what you say?
I didn't understand you
You can't mean that
Oh, now baby, please
What you tryin' to do to me?
Oh, don't treat me like that

Thanks DJ! The NLH's (No-Longer-Hos) will soon know they are not welcome in our 'supa swanky sorority'! I'm getting sick to death of flakers! If you can't play nice, and follow the requirements of a swap - YOU aren't welcome to join my swaps. I'm guessing there are other Ho Hostesses who feel the same way - right?

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:21 AM

Right on scrappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12156431)
ooooh, I added some songs from the Twilight soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Is the 1st song from the movie? I've never heard it before - until now. I'm on my third listen because Annabella is screaming "AGAIN!" after it ends each time! :rolleyes:

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12156571)
Is the 1st song from the movie? I've never heard it before - until now. I'm on my third listen because Annabella is screaming "AGAIN!" after it ends each time! :rolleyes:

yes, the first 2 are from the movie, Muse and Collective Soul

I coldn't find Full Moon by Black Ghosts, or Go all the way by Perry Farrell, to add on there, but those ROCKS my socks off!!!!!!! These are all on my Myspace page though :)

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12156604)
yes, the first 2 are from the movie, Muse and Collective Soul

I coldn't find Full Moon by Black Ghosts, or Go all the way by Perry Farrell, to add on there, but those ROCKS my socks off!!!!!!! These are all on my Myspace page though :)

this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbA7_WBG0Ls

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12156631)

yes, isn't that a great song??????????????? I love it. (but it kinda sounds like something you'd smoke pot to...........)

sgc 11-23-2008 11:46 AM

Joy--I left comments for you on projects 2 and 3--I was unable to leave one on project one. It kept knocking me off. Sorry. Your projects are great.

Sandye

daiseyfreak 11-23-2008 11:50 AM

thank you sandye, did you go watch Twilight?

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12156654)
yes, isn't that a great song??????????????? I love it. (but it kinda sounds like something you'd smoke pot to...........)

I wouldn't know anything about that! ;)

urscrappymama 11-23-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc (Post 12156699)
Joy--I left comments for you on projects 2 and 3--I was unable to leave one on project one. It kept knocking me off. Sorry. Your projects are great.

Sandye

okay! I thought it was me! I could leave a comment on 1, but not the other two! :confused: