Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-2-a-389339/)

Mrs_S 11-18-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12085927)
I meant to post this last night....

If any of you have a few seconds today, please say a prayer for my uncle and his family. I think I posted awhile ago he was diagnosed with cancer, he's in major surgery today. Thanks ;)

saying a prayer for your family LJ.... :)

Mrs_S 11-18-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 12092595)
Can't you use that stuff in your cuttlebug? I thought all of those were pretty interchangeable

Yes ma'am!!! I love it! That's the only reason why I got my Hello Kitty dies!

P.S. Won another one on ebay last night for only $10! And that INCLUDES shipping!!!

mamadwawa 11-18-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12094541)
Happy news though, there's a Stamp/Scrapbook Expo this weekend here in town and I signed up for the Friday Night Vendor Event. It's $39 but it includes 20 make-n-takes from all the vendors....and guess who has a booth???? :mrgreen: The coach? what is HE doing there?! Just kidding - I guess it must be Gina K, tho if my guess is right, I think YOU could run that one yourself!! Sounds like so much fun. I think it comes round here in June. I went for the first time this year. Was smaller than expected and yet I still managed to spend Oh so much Moola!!

It will be much less crowded, as it's a limited ticket event. BarbaraLynn (another scser that's east of me) told me about it, she's going and we are gonna hang out at the event....we've been trying to meet up for awhile....I still got to get to her part of the state so we can go to the Whipper Snapper place! :mrgreen: Have a great time! I am so jealous...

(SCS says my post is too short, so I am adding a character or two... :cool:)

mamadwawa 11-18-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_S (Post 12094808)

P.S. Won another one on ebay last night for only $10! And that INCLUDES shipping!!!

Cool! Congrats!!

sgc 11-18-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778 (Post 12093371)
Some of us working gals ought to have a small upper hand - we're younger. Ask me in another 20 years if I have the energy that you do, to work PT, maintain some sanity and a social life, AND raise a grandkid. My guess is that my answer will be "heck NO!!".

It's definitely you that deserves the admiration, Sandye. You've done your part beyond the extent that most mommas do. That's beyond awesome.

Ha--who said I was maintaining some sanity! Thanks though--and you are right. Age does have a lot to do with it. At 63 I certainly cannot do the things that I could do at 43! At least it is one day closer to the weekend:) For a retired person, weekends weren't much--now I look forward to them! Next week we have a five-day weekend!!!!!
Sandye/sgc

cherthosestamps 11-18-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12089439)
Cut the stamps with your SU Scissors, or if you need enabling - the Tim Holtz Craft Scissors are wonderful (Never will use the SU Rubber Scissors again).

Yes the little saying is a giftie from yours truely.....How could I not get you that sentiment? because it happens oh so much....Just make sure I get one of your wonderful creations with it ;)

Wink wink..you know it..no I do not need enabling......hahaha...I am off to catch up with household chores toay and then basketball..woohoo

cherthosestamps 11-18-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaniels (Post 12090129)
Oh...what did ya get?

I got got knitabella and LJ got me t\he saying...knit happens...and that is the week I am having...lol

mcfadden 11-18-2008 08:36 AM

OMG Cheryl is on the thread---hey GF:)

cherthosestamps 11-18-2008 08:36 AM

Ok..so I have been slacking..Todays song is for me and Sug..mwah girlie!!

"Breathe"

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I've
Never been this swept away

All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

'Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
Suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
I'm closer than I've ever felt before
And I know
And you know
There's no need for words right now

It's washing over me
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

kafranci 11-18-2008 08:39 AM

Cheryl-

I love that song!!! Glad to see the DJ is back!!! I missed your songs!!!:-D

cherthosestamps 11-18-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranci (Post 12095423)
Cheryl-

I love that song!!! Glad to see the DJ is back!!! I missed your songs!!!:-D

I know...I sorry.I am back...the DH has been on vacation and still is..the DD has had me running in circles..she stayed home yestrday, I think she has laryngitis(*sp)..I am slowing down now...and breathing...whats up girlie..are your kitties ready for the Christmas tree..mine are..they zip up and down it like crazy cats..

cherthosestamps 11-18-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12095398)
OMG Cheryl is on the thread---hey GF:)

Hey girlfriend..sorry..when you called I was sewing in Callies hair for her competition..I could not talk..we had a super busy andplanned out weekend..It was so much fun, however Saturday nite I became ill and I had to do a Jockey party Sunday..needless to say..with all the running around Callie and I were pretty spent. I let her stay home yestrday and she really sounds like she has laringitis..how is my gf...thanks for the images..

LauraJean 11-18-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12095402)
Ok..so I have been slacking..Todays song is for me and Sug..mwah girlie!!

"Breathe"

I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I've
Never been this swept away

All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

It's washing over me
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
I'm closer than I've ever felt before
And I know
And you know
There's no need for words right now

It's washing over me
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Thats more of a thursday song for me but I'll take it on a Tuesday :twisted:

SuG 11-18-2008 09:40 AM

finally a song I know! LOL!
I love this song too.

mamadwawa 11-18-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12095444)
I know...I sorry.I am back...the DH has been on vacation and still is..the DD has had me running in circles..she stayed home yestrday, I think she has laryngitis(*sp)..I am slowing down now...and breathing...whats up girlie..are your kitties ready for the Christmas tree..mine are..they zip up and down it like crazy cats..

You have your tree up already? I admit to playing Christmas music, but no tree. Of course that is more because the stamping stuff is all over the area the tree usually goes.. perhaps we won't get a tree this year ;)

Sorry about Callie - I hope she feels better soon!

AND, welcome back - I sure missed ya!!!!

SuG 11-18-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12096024)
Thats more of a thursday song for me but I'll take it on a Tuesday :twisted:

ROTFLMAO

Mrs_S 11-18-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 12094920)
Cool! Congrats!!

thanks! ;)

LauraJean 11-18-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12096036)
ROTFLMAO

At least I'm honest about it ;)

LauraJean 11-18-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 12094913)
(SCS says my post is too short, so I am adding a character or two... :cool:)

Yep Gina K is having a booth (makes sense as her store is just a 10 minute drive from the place).

Actually, I'm thinking of going again thursday night. Not so much for "ahem", but I one of our Wide Receivers was knocked out of Saturday's game with a concussion, and I think I might make him one of my bucky hoodie cards to cheer him up. He won't be there, but all ask coach to pass it on. Kyle is one of my favorite Badgers.....I keep wishing they would involve him more in the offense (we are run-dominated offense, with a ilttle bit of a passing game) and the other receivers seem to get the ball more....so here i am wishing he gets the ball thrown to him more, and he gets a helmet-to-helmet hit where they had to bring the ambulance on to the field. That's what I get for wishing things to happen. So I feel kinda bad about it. Think it's a crazy idea?

mamadwawa 11-18-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12096107)
Yep Gina K is having a booth (makes sense as her store is just a 10 minute drive from the place).

Actually, I'm thinking of going again thursday night. Not so much for "ahem", but I one of our Wide Receivers was knocked out of Saturday's game with a concussion, and I think I might make him one of my bucky hoodie cards to cheer him up. He won't be there, but all ask coach to pass it on. Kyle is one of my favorite Badgers.....I keep wishing they would involve him more in the offense (we are run-dominated offense, with a ilttle bit of a passing game) and the other receivers seem to get the ball more....so here i am wishing he gets the ball thrown to him more, and he gets a helmet-to-helmet hit where they had to bring the ambulance on to the field. That's what I get for wishing things to happen. So I feel kinda bad about it. Think it's a crazy idea?

The only thing crazy is you feeling guilty, but I think it is an absolutely lovely idea to give him a Bucky card! Who wouldn't be honored to get one of those?

daiseyfreak 11-18-2008 10:42 AM

LJ, I think it's a great idea :)

urscrappymama 11-18-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_S (Post 12094808)

WOOOOO HOOOOOO! HK Rocks! :cool:

Mrs_S 11-18-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12096974)
WOOOOO HOOOOOO! HK Rocks! :cool:

hehe

mamadwawa 11-18-2008 12:40 PM

Free Shipping at American Girl

Free shipping at American Girl (US only), no minimum purchase. Use the code GIFTSHIP at checkout.

Here's the small print:
Free standard shipping and processing valid for online orders to US addresses only; Canadian and/or rush charges, as well as surcharges for large items, are additional. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. Central Time on 11/25/08. Discount will appear at checkout. Not valid on previous purchases or future exchanges. Cannot be combined with other offers and does not apply to Doll Hospital repairs, Day at American Girl Place packages, shipments from American Girl Place, American Girl magazine subscriptions, gift certificates, gift wrap, returns, requests for delayed shipping, or sales tax. If order is shipped to more than one address, offer only applies to first "ship-to" address.

Happy shopping!

Mrs_S 11-18-2008 12:42 PM

Ooo... Free shipping w/ Snapfish!!!

Use the code SHIPALLFREE

I saved $30 for 153 prints!

mcfadden 11-18-2008 01:54 PM

Hey everyone...now that most of us have our Ho cards (and soon other ho's will also) how is everyone storing theirs? Like what are you putting it in? Appreicate any ideas....

mcfadden 11-18-2008 01:58 PM

Hey Scrappy---thanks for the heads up re:cut@home, purchased the classic ovals set and received word today the item has shipped! WooHoo...Now time to use them.

kafranci 11-18-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 12098504)
Hey everyone...now that most of us have our Ho cards (and soon other ho's will also) how is everyone storing theirs? Like what are you putting it in? Appreicate any ideas....

I bought some really big binder rings and am thinking I will put a couple of those on the short end and maybe put a chipboard cover.

Is there a list somewhere started for the Ho's who didn't participate that wnated some of the extra's???

LauraJean 11-18-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranci (Post 12098557)
I bought some really big binder rings and am thinking I will put a couple of those on the short end and maybe put a chipboard cover.

Is there a list somewhere started for the Ho's who didn't participate that wnated some of the extra's???

I would like to know this too.....especially since I have all these packages to go out....

Joy, SGC, & Mama Ho, bellas are postal today :)

LauraJean 11-18-2008 02:19 PM

mcfadden.........THANK YOU! Both envelopes arrived and no way I am tossing any of it - did not have a Just Arrived stamp yet for baby octavia - thanks for thinking of me sweets! And you know where I am going tomorrow to warm up! :) MWAH!

sgc 11-18-2008 02:30 PM

Remember--sgc wants extra Ho cards! Thanks, Laura--I'll be watching for new bellas! Thanks!

Sandye/sgc

daiseyfreak 11-18-2008 02:30 PM

yay LJ!!!

Um, what am I doing with the bio cards.......I would like to bind them together, but my craft room is a MESSSS!!!! these projects are kicking my butt!!! I just got done with scheduling my post for 12:01 PM tonight with my MFT stuff!!! I am actually super happy with my samples!!!!!!!

huera90 11-18-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12077249)
Thanks Mama! We loved visiting you! Oh and just so you know. Annabella still says you look like the hula girl cutout from the first HPC - and kisses 'you' everytime she gets in there! :) Even DH thinks its cute!

Good God, I just love that kid!!! MWAH! MWAH! MWAH!

LauraJean 11-18-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc (Post 12098896)
Remember--sgc wants extra Ho cards! Thanks, Laura--I'll be watching for new bellas! Thanks!

Sandye/sgc

Sandye - will get one in the mail tomorrow....dang - shoulda stuck it in the box! :)

huera90 11-18-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12077502)
Hey Mama,

Who's Lance? and how was dinner??? :mrgreen:

Hey Bucky!

Lance is my husband and Carino's was wonderful! ;)

MWAH!

LauraJean 11-18-2008 02:33 PM

Mama - here is your DC # for the bellas BTW

0305 2710 0002 5358 7996

Joy and SGC I posted your DC#s on the Variety Swap thread ;)

mcfadden 11-18-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12098901)
yay LJ!!!

Um, what am I doing with the bio cards.......I would like to bind them together, but my craft room is a MESSSS!!!! these projects are kicking my butt!!! I just got done with scheduling my post for 12:01 PM tonight with my MFT stuff!!! I am actually super happy with my samples!!!!!!!

Hey Polo's mama...while Ididn't read all bazillions pages that I've missed on the thread, I did see the pictures you posted ----WOWZA--coffee cup treats-what a great idea--really imaginative container use--that's something even I might try to "alter".

LauraJean 11-18-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 12098929)
Hey Bucky!

Lance is my husband and Carino's was wonderful! ;)

MWAH!

Awsome, he must be a sweet DH to be stuck with you ;)

huera90 11-18-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12078762)
Here is my state of confusion right now:
Attachment 122456

Attachment 122457

My eyelid is twitching just looking at that. . .;)

mcfadden 11-18-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12098779)
mcfadden.........THANK YOU! Both envelopes arrived and no way I am tossing any of it - did not have a Just Arrived stamp yet for baby octavia - thanks for thinking of me sweets! And you know where I am going tomorrow to warm up! :) MWAH!

Oh good! Very happy you can use any/either/some/all of gifties---so signature w/whipped cream, sprinkles and peppermint?