Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #801  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

I have for things to posted And done Challenges And all the techniques, And Tutorials. I don't know this week hope to get my Keyword sheet done. Thanks Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercrafter40 View Post
I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question, but if so, I just missed seeing it. I understand that, for Yeti status, we have to make a list of links to ALL of our projects and post it on the Yeti status thread. I just rechecked that thread for instructions, and it said it will not open for such postings until after the gallery closes. Since the gallery closes at noon on October 31, is that when we have to post our list? Or is there a time range when we can do this? I didn't see anything specific there or in the schedule post about the deadline for posting these lists. Sorry if I am just being anal--just the way I roll! I've been working hard to catch up with everything, and don't want to miss out.
Yes - that's correct! At the conclusion of catch-up week that thread will open! I'm so happy you are asking about it!
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Yes - that's correct! At the conclusion of catch-up week that thread will open! I'm so happy you are asking about it!

Oh no! So this means that we can post this until October 31? So even if we complete everything, if we don't post to the Yeti thread then, we won't qualify for Yeti status???

I hope that's not true because I will be out of town/state that week.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Home from school. Finally able to get back to my list. I've got 6 cards to start, 6 others to finish and all of the tutorials. >.< I think I can, I think I can....

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercrafter40 View Post
I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question, but if so, I just missed seeing it. I understand that, for Yeti status, we have to make a list of links to ALL of our projects and post it on the Yeti status thread. I just rechecked that thread for instructions, and it said it will not open for such postings until after the gallery closes. Since the gallery closes at noon on October 31, is that when we have to post our list? Or is there a time range when we can do this? I didn't see anything specific there or in the schedule post about the deadline for posting these lists. Sorry if I am just being anal--just the way I roll! I've been working hard to catch up with everything, and don't want to miss out.

Oh no! So this means that we can post this until October 31? So even if we complete everything, if we don't post to the Yeti thread then, we won't qualify for Yeti status???

I hope that's not true because I will be out of town/state that week.
We are giving until Nov 5th at noon for yeti thread entries. The reason we don't open it until the gallery closes is a) people are doing challenges right up until the deadline. Since you only have one shot at posting your list - when we open it while the gallery is still open we get a lot of premature/incorrect posts. In fairness to everyone, we give you one opportunity to get your list correct and posted - and not a bunch of people 20 chances and some people 1

This is the voice of experience talking.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Sign of relief here...All 30 challenges complete with at least one card. Now to tackle the tutorials. This has been such a fun fun event....and I found that I was able to take time to think before I began a card which wasn't the case doing virtual stamp nights where only an hour between cards is given.....I don't move that fast any more.....

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I finished my fourth nugget cake but it took two bags of nuggets! One for creating and one for eating!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, that's more business than my iron has seen for a LONG time! ;);) While I had the iron out for the felted card of which I tried to different napkin designs, I remembered a MIXABILITY challenge that I never attempted that involved melting plastic bags so while the iron was out I gave that a shot too and also melted some of my saran wrap by itself because it was red and thought it would look cool....it does.I got three cards made but not uploaded before we had another ministry emergency....never a dull moment as a pastor's wife. I'm actually fighting tears and panic, but have to trust that God will oversee and protect our friend's little grandson Caleb as he goes into a potentially harmful housing situation with his mom until a guardianship hearing takes place Friday. God is big enough to keep him safe, but it was hard to watch her drive him off. We offered our house as a neutral pick up place so her other kids wouldn't see the police talking with her etc. All in all a really stressful night. Off to upload my three and maybe slide down to make more if I can manage.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

(((Gail)))

I don't have an iron, so I used Bev's. Lee doesn't have one either. Bev just rolled her eyes at us. ;) Every time I get ready to buy an iron, I think of the stamps that it would buy. :lol: :razz:
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

WELL, guess who missed the last challenge posted on Saturday. Yep that is correct,,,,me.....I couldn't figure out why some were discussing a salted background challenge because I knew I hadn't seen one.....thought I was finished with card challenges and ready to move on to tutorials. Well, too late tonight for this old chick, will tackle that tomorrow and also a tutorial or two...hope I didn't miss any of those...LOL!

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Stazon Splitcoast

Nope, not going to make any more tonight...just wiped out. Got the three uploaded so that leaves me with 13 left in the challenges and three more tutorials to go. Tell me I can do this because I'm losing confidence.
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,909 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
Nope, not going to make any more tonight...just wiped out. Got the three uploaded so that leaves me with 13 left in the challenges and three more tutorials to go. Tell me I can do this because I'm losing confidence.
I never got started...and I doubt with how life started today that I will ever get started...I did attempt to make a gift card holder because I needed one...problem is the one I pinned from Pinterest didn't print the way it should have so I ended up with just a piece of cardstock folded in half and cut out a half circle!

It worked for what I needed but it is not worthy of the time to upload!

Enjoy the process...make it fun...and thank you for all that you do for other people in your ministry of life and living! Currently I struggle with the care of my husband...and myself...

My vision is back good enough that I drove today! Yeah...

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

We are giving until Nov 5th at noon for yeti thread entries. The reason we don't open it until the gallery closes is a) people are doing challenges right up until the deadline. Since you only have one shot at posting your list - when we open it while the gallery is still open we get a lot of premature/incorrect posts. In fairness to everyone, we give you one opportunity to get your list correct and posted - and not a bunch of people 20 chances and some people 1

This is the voice of experience talking.
Oh no! I don't get home until late on Nov. 6th. :(
Find Me on Instagram

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by FayeMakesCardsView Post
I never got started...and I doubt with how life started today that I will ever get started...I did attempt to make a gift card holder because I needed one...problem is the one I pinned from Pinterest didn't print the way it should have so I ended up with just a piece of cardstock folded in half and cut out a half circle!

It worked for what I needed but it is not worthy of the time to upload!

Enjoy the process...make it fun...and thank you for all that you do for other people in your ministry of life and living! Currently I struggle with the care of my husband...and myself...

My vision is back good enough that I drove today! Yeah...
Yay for the vision clearing. I'm sure that is a relief! Being a caregiver can be so difficult and yet so rewarding. Thanks for the encouraging words. It is hard to stay in the moment and just enjoy what I'm able to do and not worry about what I don't accomplish. The whole family implosion situation also made us miss driving to see our college DD get inducted into her honor society. :( Hopefully we'll get to go visit her soon to make up for it. She knows the family involved very well and was very understanding but it was a hard call to make. Sometimes the demands of ministry are really hard on families.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
Yay for the vision clearing. I'm sure that is a relief! Being a caregiver can be so difficult and yet so rewarding. Thanks for the encouraging words. It is hard to stay in the moment and just enjoy what I'm able to do and not worry about what I don't accomplish. The whole family implosion situation also made us miss driving to see our college DD get inducted into her honor society. :( Hopefully we'll get to go visit her soon to make up for it. She knows the family involved very well and was very understanding but it was a hard call to make. Sometimes the demands of ministry are really hard on families.
Saying a prayer that the situation will be resolved and that God will protect that youngster. This is pastor appreciation month - a good time to give special recognition to pastors and church leaders who so often find themselves in such trying situations - and having to give up family time to care for others. Blessings to all of you.

And, Faye, all the best as your vision improves. I can certainly relate to being a caregiver with all those added responsibilities. DH has so much pain he does not get around much. I am so thankful I am able to drive and do so many things I never did until about 6 months ago - just don't have the energy I used to have!

Save

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Last edited by etsdas; 10-25-2016 at 03:40 AM..

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts

One more tutorial and 7 cards to go! I'm really glad that we had this extra week!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
Saying a prayer that the situation will be resolved and that God will protect that youngster. This is pastor appreciation month - a good time to give special recognition to pastors and church leaders who so often find themselves in such trying situations - and having to give up family time to care for others. Blessings to all.
My DH came into the pastorate as a second career and I realized, to my shame, how much pastors need the prayers of their congregations and how far short I fell in that as a church member over the years. Also, pastors get lots of unpleasant email, texts, etc when people don't like or agree with what they've preached or how they're leading. You can't imagine how much it means to get cards and words of encouragement instead.

I have great hope for the system to work well for the little guy but there's always fear of the unknown. Our DD and SIL have been helping a boy in their neighborhood whose mom has pretty much abandoned him. She had agreed to sign custody papers for them to keep him with them officially but then refused when it became reality but the boy was still staying with them. His school counselor who knew of my DD's involvement and stability for the boy tried to get his mom to sign some papers or herself take responsibility with his school situation and when she didn't they had to involve child protective services. That brings with it a whole new set of unknowns and fears. DD just let me know that they called her today and will be meeting with her about establishing my DD and SIL as kinship foster parents for the boy since they have been unable to find/meet with the mom! YAY!!!! The system seems to be working out what is best for the boy since his mom is unable/unwilling to do what is needed at this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Oh no! I don't get home until late on Nov. 6th. :(
I don't mind making it the 7th. The reports aren't going to change so it's not holding us up. And it won't change our double checking much especially if most people are done. We won't let you miss out 😀
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 977 Likes on 626 Posts

I like the idea of doing it in a Word Document and then it is copy and paste which will make it easy to put in. I hope to start that this week so it will be easier to put in the YETI forum. I hope to try a couple more tutorials yet this week being an over achiever.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Right, Tracie. I�m working on a Word Document whenever i have a second. This way it�s a bit work here and then and not at one moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by taclaryView Post
I like the idea of doing it in a Word Document and then it is copy and paste which will make it easy to put in. I hope to start that this week so it will be easier to put in the YETI forum. I hope to try a couple more tutorials yet this week being an over achiever.
Proud Fan Club Member

I did mmine each day. That way I had time to click on each link and check keywords to make sure they all work. I'm just waiting now for yeti thread to open
Proud Fan Club Member

I started! For real...yep...I just made the kraft with white card...made it a sympathy card...and I do like it.

Also put on my list for JoAnn's to buy some kraft colored paper if they have any...with a coupon of course...I only have 2 pieces left.

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 661 Likes on 415 Posts

I think I have finished them all (challenges) ( good thing, it's rainy and gloomy again here) so, they are dark mug shots but, they are loaded too.

My Blog

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
I think I have finished them all (challenges) ( good thing, it's rainy and gloomy again here) so, they are dark mug shots but, they are loaded too.
It was super gloomy here today too - unusual for us and it derails me. So I made Christmas tags and it was super fun. I need a LOTTTTT of daylight to be creative.

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yep I am totally nodding my head, we don't normally have weather like this until next month so its early. those are some really cute tags

My Blog
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Going to use a quiet 20 min or so to see what I can get uploaded before I head to bed!!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #826  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

oh...I just time shifted to nights...so I won't see daylight for a few weeks...but with nothing on TV at three am I tend to get card making done...go figure??

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
oh...I just time shifted to nights...so I won't see daylight for a few weeks...but with nothing on TV at three am I tend to get card making done...go figure??
Oh no - I need daylight!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Yay! List complete. And an error found with Patty B's 2nd challenge…I had it in her first challenge with that keyword! Yikes! All corrected!! Off to bed!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #829  
Glitter Queen

I have completed all 30 of the card challenges (on to the tutorials) and posted them (correctly I hope). Do they also need to be posted in each of the Challenge "chatter threads"? I have tried to post several of them and don't seem to be having any Luck. Which brings me to my next problem. Posting for the Yeti list...Is there a tutorial for posting links? Thanks for any help I'm new to forums and have not done a lot of posting.
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

With only 5 posts you may not be able to post a link yet! I think it says you must have made three posts but in practice I think it's a few more. If you leave half a dozen comments in the gallery you shouldn't have any problems after that ;-). It's not compulsory to post in the chatter threads but I know from past personal experience that many of the hostesses appreciate it when you do. It gives them a heads-up that you've posted, and if there was a problem with the keyword and it wasn't showing in the gallery, it's easier to pick up any problems. To create your Yeti list, you need to open each one of your uploads and paste the link from the address bar into a Word document or (my personal preference) a simple .txt file in Word Pad or something similar. If you would like me to check it for you before posting, I am always happy to do this....just pm me and I'll give you my email address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobie1950View Post
I have completed all 30 of the card challenges (on to the tutorials) and posted them (correctly I hope). Do they also need to be posted in each of the Challenge "chatter threads"? I have tried to post several of them and don't seem to be having any Luck. Which brings me to my next problem. Posting for the Yeti list...Is there a tutorial for posting links? Thanks for any help I'm new to forums and have not done a lot of posting.
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobie1950View Post
Welcome! It's not a requirement to post in the chatter threads - it just is another way for the hostesses to be sure you've posted in the right place with the correct keyword.
Vincent Van Gogh

Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, I think I made a card that will qualify as a second card for Falliday Fest Challenges!

Tonight I will upload and post...going off to that young boys funeral...and both cards I made for Falliday Fest are going to his family...sad but true. Emotional day ahead...

Plus...I'm taking my pregnant daughter with to the funeral...probably really emotional for her...and I hope it doesn't put her in labor...she's due in about 5 weeks.

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

I don't mind making it the 7th. The reports aren't going to change so it's not holding us up. And it won't change our double checking much especially if most people are done. We won't let you miss out 😀
Thank you, Lydia. I hate to be a trouble maker.

Does the thread open on November 1 or mid-day on October 31? I will actually be home for one day between the two trips - and the day I'm home is October 31. Sooooo... I might be able to get the post up (either on October 31, if it is open, or maybe early on November 1, if it is open in time before we leave.) Otherwise, I'll just take my computer with me and try to squeeze in a few moments to get my post up.

I have the Falliday requirements finished - YAY! It stretched me and I had a blast! THANK YOU for doing this!

And last night I put together my document so all I have to do is copy/paste into the thread once it's opened. (And I tested it in one of my other threads this morning to see if all the links worked appropriately.)

Thanks again! I really do appreciate you!
Find Me on Instagram

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 165 Likes on 130 Posts

I tried for yeti but didn't quite get there. That's ok though. I participated in a craft show and made my November Creative Crew Challenges during the same timeframe. I got about half of the Falliday Fest Challenges and 5 Tutorials done. Love the stretch of creativity these events cause and glad I get to add to my card stash. I'm happy!

Thanks to everyone involved in putting together this wonderful event!

March to the Beat Round 4

Baker’s Dozen Round 37
Matboard Maniac

Okay it says their is requirements that will be a surprise this week to become a yeti is just the list it? Not that I think I will make yeti but one can dream..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Rachael, the surprise was to complete 5 of the tutorials in addition to the challenges... so, if have done that you are good to go.

and for those of you still working, its only hump day, you still have time to keep on keeping on.

My Blog
Glitter Queen

Thanks Sabrina and Dina for your comments and help. I really appreciate it. And yes Sabrina I may just take you up on your offer for help with the posting. I will try to do some posting to the Chatter Threads and see it that helps. Now that I'm done I can look at all of the other beautiful cards made. But I still have the tutorials to work on and they look like fun too!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I had asked this somewhere, but can't find where and if it got answered or not, sorry

But regarding the card donations. Can we send from our stash?

I am making one for one of the challenges that I will send, but could send others if that is allowed. I am not sure how this part works. I am doing one of the tutorials and thought I would make it Patrotic for the #2 card drive. Is that how we do it? Thanks.
Proud Fan Club Member

Sjharon, you can send a all you want. Some will even take donations all year round, but there is information in the donation thread for each one-
Watercolor Wizard

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I have four more cards, 3 more tutorials to do.....sigh....actually, 2.5 cards since one card was half completed before I gave up last night.