Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2019, 04:25 AM   #9041  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,047 Likes on 3,921 Posts

That's a lot of snow, Barb... I'm glad you can stay inside and enjoy your stamp room!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2019, 03:16 AM   #9042  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2019, 04:53 AM   #9043  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,348 Likes on 2,527 Posts

I hope you have a Sweet Day!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 03:13 AM   #9044  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Especially since some of you will have a 3-day weekend.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 04:59 AM   #9045  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,101 Likes on 876 Posts

Sorry to miss out on all the chatter this week. School has been keeping me very busy and now I'm dealing with an allergy attack AGAIN! Scratchy throat, itchy ear, runny nose, etc. I think it's the cedar around my office. On Wednesday I took my car across the street to get it washed. Yes, they have a car wash in the Galleria garage. Then I had to go to Brighton to take a purse back to get repaired and cleaned. I was only out for a short time walking back and forth across the street, but it seems was enough to be attacked by the cedar trees.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 05:20 AM   #9046  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maggie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well - again. *sigh
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #9047  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Inky Friends! Hair cut this afternoon, lunch with friends tomorrow and Fiddler on the Roof on Sunday are my upcoming plans. I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #9048  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Aw, Maggie - sorry you aren't feeling well! Get well soon!

Happy post Valentine's Day everyone!

I'm babysitting Alice tonight so mama and dad can hit the town for a belated VDay celebration - they purposedly didn't go out last night. I'm excited!

Happy Friday!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #9049  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hello

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. We defer to next week for our Anniversary : ) 32 years next week!

I have LOTS of stamping to do this month, and I am very slowly getting it accomplished.....

We watched Katie's dog last weekend- I think he is up 10-15 pounds in the last 4 months! I cannot walk him- he has alot of energy, and goes crazy wants to play with squirrels and other dogs. So he pulls...she is trying a choke collar, which Ray says he did not notice too much difference with, although, he runs fast with the dog to get his energy out. The pup was able to play with neighborhood dogs- I think he knows where they all live now! At home, she sends him to day care 2 days a week, he plays all day with all of the other dogs.

Maggie, so sorry you are sick again! Hope you are enjoying your school work, even though it is busy. (Hope what you are learning is interesting).

Barb- you always get double or more snow than us- is that lake effect? Or, location, location! I love Fiddler on the Roof!

Kelly- sounds so amazing, spending so much time with the baby while she is little- time goes so fast- you are so Blessed!

Better go try to finish a set of these ATC's! They were due out today....LOL

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #9050  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 338 Likes on 225 Posts

Hi fellow addicts... I've been quiet because I have been so busy this past week, and will be again this next week too.

Shelly enjoy your anniversary - they are special days to celebrate. Much more meaningful than a commercially marketed one...

Maggie those allergies sound terrible

Barb you sure keep yourself busy, even when you are snowed in!

Jeanette you certainly seem to go and go and go...

Enjoy wee Alice, Kelly - Annalise is at a gorgeous age and I so enjoy her :-)

I have basically come to a grinding halt.... after some 28 months or more of stress, I have realised my frequent migraines (had another one this week), and now a chest infection, are most likely because of the ongoing stress I have been under.

The busyness this coming week is another trip south, to see Kelson's youngest brother who had a brain bleed last week :-(. It is his wife who has the breast cancer secondaries throughout her body.... It's going to be a long hot trip, and I may well end up driving a good part of the way as the other BIL and wife whom I travel with is also not well, but they can't seem to pinpoint what's up!

Then I am basically going to just sit and do what I like doing, keep up with the gardens and not stress about blogging or keeping up visiting blogs, as I find myself up way later than I want to be doing that! The last two days have been spent on the back deck under the sun umbrella reading - the body needed to stop!

I will keep my local commitments in the way of going to Embroiderer's Guild etc, and doing my DT work, but I will not stress about blogging or even being online much.

I think that now I have relaxed with the new Pastor and his wife here, my body is now saying stop!!

I will be popping in, and following all your news, but i just won't be around the blogs etc quite the same for a month or two.

Waving to you from another hot evening Down Under.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2019, 02:14 AM   #9051  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maxine, you are such a wise woman to recognize what is happening with you and the stress levels and then taking steps to right what is wrong. I will be praying for you - both in your hectic/stressful week, and in your disconnect to regain yourself. (((Huge Hugs))), my friend!

Shelly - Happy Anniversary Next Week! I loved reading about Grand-Pup. We have a pastor in our association (his wife is a teacher) who takes his dog to Doggy Day Care and speaks very highly of it... a chance to be active and interact with other dogs. I think that's so sweet, much better than having to be left home alone while the humans work.

Kelly, how precious to have one-on-one time - you with Alice and DD with her DH. It's a win/win!

Barb, sounds like you have great weekend plans.

We have a busy day today - we're heading to a neighboring association for the open house (and tour) of a newly built church. One of their large established churches relocated and built a new building. We're going to celebrate with them. While we're in that town (it's Mt. Vernon, where I met you, Barb) we're also going to look for a 2-drawer file cabinet for my DH. Then we'll rush home, as we have a minister's even in our association early this evening. A fellowship party.... so I've prepared food and will put some more food in crockpots before we leave this morning so it can cook while I celebrate out-of-town. ;)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #9052  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. We defer to next week for our Anniversary : ) 32 years next week!

I have LOTS of stamping to do this month, and I am very slowly getting it accomplished.....

We watched Katie's dog last weekend- I think he is up 10-15 pounds in the last 4 months! I cannot walk him- he has alot of energy, and goes crazy wants to play with squirrels and other dogs. So he pulls...she is trying a choke collar, which Ray says he did not notice too much difference with, although, he runs fast with the dog to get his energy out. The pup was able to play with neighborhood dogs- I think he knows where they all live now! At home, she sends him to day care 2 days a week, he plays all day with all of the other dogs.

Maggie, so sorry you are sick again! Hope you are enjoying your school work, even though it is busy. (Hope what you are learning is interesting).

Barb- you always get double or more snow than us- is that lake effect? Or, location, location! I love Fiddler on the Roof!

Kelly- sounds so amazing, spending so much time with the baby while she is little- time goes so fast- you are so Blessed!

Better go try to finish a set of these ATC's! They were due out today....LOL

Shelly
Wow, Shelly, 32 years. You must have been a child bride.

I understand about walking the dog. When I was first married years ago, we had a German Shepherd named Babe. She was a beautiful dog, but I also learned that I couldn't walk her. One day she saw I think another dog across the street and darted out into the street with me behind her only I fell. Sadly, she got cancer and we didn't have her for long. :(
School is interesting, but it is really hard. I don't think I'm learning as much as I should be, but our instructor is not very active in our class.

I am feeling better. I believe this bout was allergies brought on by the cedar trees all around my office.
I got some news last night that I was not expecting or prepared for. I am going to have to have a new heating and A/C unit installed. :(:(:( All of the duct work that serves the original house is all shot and needs to be replaced. The other thing is that the A/C unit is 20 years old which is remarkable. I didn't realize it had been that long. It also needs some repair on it. Unfortunately, the unit won't last that much longer and I don't want to have to replace it after I retire, so the plan is to replace the whole thing now.I'll be talking to my bank on Monday about financing this.
Happier news- the kids are coming for dinner tomorrow night. I'm making chili and cornbread. I made chocolate chips cookies today. I used a vegan recipe out of a new cook book, but the batter didn't stiffen up like it usually does. I even added an extra 1/4 cup of flour to it. They'll be okay, just not like I wanted them to be. We're having cookies and ice cream for dessert. I also found some chocolate Reddi-Whip and some made with coconut milk so everyone will be happy.
Got all the laundry done and now have to go clean up the kitchen.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #9053  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi fellow addicts... I've been quiet because I have been so busy this past week, and will be again this next week too.

Shelly enjoy your anniversary - they are special days to celebrate. Much more meaningful than a commercially marketed one...

Maggie those allergies sound terrible

Barb you sure keep yourself busy, even when you are snowed in!

Jeanette you certainly seem to go and go and go...

Enjoy wee Alice, Kelly - Annalise is at a gorgeous age and I so enjoy her :-)

I have basically come to a grinding halt.... after some 28 months or more of stress, I have realised my frequent migraines (had another one this week), and now a chest infection, are most likely because of the ongoing stress I have been under.

The busyness this coming week is another trip south, to see Kelson's youngest brother who had a brain bleed last week :-(. It is his wife who has the breast cancer secondaries throughout her body.... It's going to be a long hot trip, and I may well end up driving a good part of the way as the other BIL and wife whom I travel with is also not well, but they can't seem to pinpoint what's up!

Then I am basically going to just sit and do what I like doing, keep up with the gardens and not stress about blogging or keeping up visiting blogs, as I find myself up way later than I want to be doing that! The last two days have been spent on the back deck under the sun umbrella reading - the body needed to stop!

I will keep my local commitments in the way of going to Embroiderer's Guild etc, and doing my DT work, but I will not stress about blogging or even being online much.

I think that now I have relaxed with the new Pastor and his wife here, my body is now saying stop!!

I will be popping in, and following all your news, but i just won't be around the blogs etc quite the same for a month or two.

Waving to you from another hot evening Down Under.
You have been rather busy for some time Maxine, so it is time that you took some time for you! It's been a hard year for you with all that has been going on. I don't know what I would do without my crafting therapy and book club. School is important and I spend as much time as I need to, but we all need to take a break. We'll be here when you can stop by. Rest and I hope you have a safe trip down South.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #9054  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hello

Oh Maxine, so hard to have sick siblings/in laws! I hope your visit is calm and God works in you and through you! I will pray for you to find peace in your heart after you get back and are able to relax and get rid of the migraines!

Jeanette- sounds like a crazy day- but you sound very organized for it! Do you color in the car like someone else is know to? LOL

I had a 5 hour lunch with a friend I have not seen for a long while this afternoon. Ray came and joined us for the last hour or so and we all had fun. I came home and fell asleep- nap time : ) Not hungry for dinner, now on the computer : )

Have a fab rest of your weekend!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2019, 04:46 AM   #9055  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Happy

Maggie, I'm sorry you're going to need the new system in your home. UGH! But hopefully you'll find it makes a world of difference.So good to hear you're feeling better!

No, Shelly, I don't color in the car. Since we're mostly small town, interstate, and rural here... I'm rarely at a stand-still and coloring while driving down the road would probably not be a good idea. LOL!

These past two days have been so busy - I am ready for a "lazy" day at home. And lazy it is. I actually slept until 6:38 this morning, which is unheard of for me. WOW!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #9056  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! We got another 6-7 inches of snow yesterday and the roads were a bit slick to and from seeing Fiddler on the Roof. The show was great and it has always been one of my favorites! We are taking the snowshoes out this morning as Rebecca has a vacation day--and the fresh snow will be great! Plus, the sun is shining! We are taking a road trip to Denver on Saturday, so this will be a week to pack and prepare too! Have a good Monday and a great start to the week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #9057  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Who's grateful for a day off of school and commuting? ME!

Who's grateful for coloring AT HOME and not AT THE SCHOOL stop? ME!

LOL!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 AM   #9058  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2019, 04:44 AM   #9059  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

We had a great time snowshoeing yesterday--sun was out, fresh snow and not too cold--YAY! Then, I spent the rest of the day working on our taxes and they are done--Double YAY! Today will be spent in the stamp room--and that a a triple YAY!!!!!!! Have a great one too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2019, 04:59 AM   #9060  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY YAY Barb!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2019, 06:36 AM   #9061  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, friends. Did you see me yawn? It wasn't a yawn. It was a silent scream - no Bux today! The line was Way WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long. I didn't feel like ordering ahead because that would have meant getting out of my car, LOL
I was ........ quite the fright. Didn't even brush my hair and twisted it up in a messy bun!

Meh.

Enjoy your day!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #9062  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good morning, friends. Did you see me yawn? It wasn't a yawn. It was a silent scream - no Bux today! The line was Way WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long. I didn't feel like ordering ahead because that would have meant getting out of my car, LOL
I was ........ quite the fright. Didn't even brush my hair and twisted it up in a messy bun!

Meh.

Enjoy your day!
Yikes! I hope you have managed to get through the day.

I went into the office at 8:30 a.m. this morning because the boss had a mediation and I wanted to make sure everything was set up unlike the last time. As it turned out one side got there at 8 a.m. to set up so the receptionist and my helper guy got everything done without me before I got there. I had set up the treat trays yesterday so they were all ready to go. Lucky thing is I got to leave at 3:30 today.

Got everything worked out with the A/C company. They are going to come install on Thursday, so I'll be home all day and hope to work in my craft room while they work in the attic installing the furnace. At least it won't be 160* degrees up there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2019, 03:20 AM   #9063  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2019, 03:47 AM   #9064  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

YUP--it is snowing again today.............. I had a humane society meeting postponed until tomorrow morning. Those of you on the East Coast--be safe as this storm is to be worse by you. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2019, 04:47 AM   #9065  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's going to be one of those days, I fear. LOL! Woke up to no internet. Have not one, not two, but three meetings today and two of them are online meetings, so I was really sweating the internet glitch. Fortunately it's up again now. I sure hope it stays that way. First online meeting is at noon; the second one is at 6:30. But first, I have a meeting here in town this morning.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2019, 05:01 AM   #9066  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello from Starbucks! I had to stop here after dropping off The Kid just to get some work done

I don't get much work done with Alice, lol

Have a great afternoon!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #9067  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Friends! I had a meeting this morning and when I got home, I organized, swapped and packaged up the WS/PB cards to be taken to the post office yet today! We are going to a wine dinner tonight-BonAnno wines from Italy. Sweet! I hope you are having a great day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2019, 06:15 PM   #9068  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 338 Likes on 225 Posts

Hello all,

I have been and come home - and was so exhausted that I ended up with another migraine last not - not impressed!!

I went to town to get some fruit this morning, and apart from that have done nothing more energetic that reading until now (4:00p.m). It 's been good catching up on all the news.

I know what you mean about not getting anything done when around Alice, Kelly. Annalise is also a time consumer - she is now rolling and also squirming her way around.

Hope all the Air con installation goes well Maggie

Good to hear you slept late at least one morning Jeanette, and I hope the internet stays on for your meetings.

Shelly I trust all is well with you and Ray and you had a great day celebrating your Wedding Anniversary

Barb that snow shoeing sounds like fun - safe travels on your trip away.

Waving to you from Down Under, where the sky has been leaking, and most welcome it has been too - it's not been a lot, and we are due for more, but I am not complaining. It's started so slowly it means the ground has time to absorb it and soften before the bulk of it arrives - it's the tail end of an ex-tropical cyclone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #9069  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hello all,

I have been and come home - and was so exhausted that I ended up with another migraine last not - not impressed!!

I went to town to get some fruit this morning, and apart from that have done nothing more energetic that reading until now (4:00p.m). It 's been good catching up on all the news.

I know what you mean about not getting anything done when around Alice, Kelly. Annalise is also a time consumer - she is now rolling and also squirming her way around.

Hope all the Air con installation goes well Maggie

Good to hear you slept late at least one morning Jeanette, and I hope the internet stays on for your meetings.

Shelly I trust all is well with you and Ray and you had a great day celebrating your Wedding Anniversary

Barb that snow shoeing sounds like fun - safe travels on your trip away.

Waving to you from Down Under, where the sky has been leaking, and most welcome it has been too - it's not been a lot, and we are due for more, but I am not complaining. It's started so slowly it means the ground has time to absorb it and soften before the bulk of it arrives - it's the tail end of an ex-tropical cyclone.
Sorry Maxine that you ended up with a migraine again. I would love to send you some of our rain and chilly weather.

The A/C unit went in just fine. The furnace not so much. They just left but have at least 3 more hours of work to get it done. Of course, they didn't get here until 11 this morning. They are supposed to be back at 7 in the morning so I'll only get to work about an hour and a half late, but my boss does have a mediation tomorrow. I texted my friend the receptionist and she'll make sure everything gets taken care of.

I had to go dig out a couple of my space heaters. It's cold in the house with no heat. I should have gone and gotten them earlier so I could have been using them.

I worked most of the day on my school work and my finances. Got my Quicken up to date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 AM   #9070  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Awwwww.... how sweet! Kelly took us to Starbucks yesterday.

Barb, you were sure busy yesterday. Lots going on.

Maxine, it's good to see you! I'm sorry about the migraine. I hope today is a better day.

Maggie, that is too bad about the furnace. I hope you were able to stay comfortable with the heat from the space heaters.

I'll be home alone much of the day - DH and Brock are making their trip to Love Packages (about 3 hours away) to deliver the outdated/donated literature from our churches. They do this about every 4-5 months. Brock loves going, partly because his dad lets him choose what restaurant they will eat in. ;)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2019, 05:40 AM   #9071  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--our plans have changed a bit, again......... The winter storm is coming our way and the travel through Nebraska tomorrow is forecast to be ice and snow. We had planned to leave tomorrow morning and stay with Rebecca's cousin in central Nebraska, 9 1/2 hours away. Then, we thought maybe leave after work and drive as far as we can-but that might mean staying in a hotel two nights until this passes. We even thought about delaying it and not leaving until Sunday and driving all the way to Denver. So-right now, we are planning to leave around 1 as Rebecca went in to work early and is leaving early. We hope to make it to Kearney, NE, tonight and stay through Sunday morning. We hope to miss the storm!

The wine dinner was very nice last night--6 small plate courses and then 6 different wines--Yummy! I am glad I am all caught up with blog posts and mostly packed-did that already this morning. I have a make a quick run to the grocery store, but we are set. Snowshoes packed too-and I am sure we will use them.

I will check in when I can--we are staying in Denver until Wednesday morning and then heading up to their mountain house until the weekend. We plan to be home next Sunday, the 3rd. Have a Fantastic Weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2019, 02:19 AM   #9072  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Have a great trip, Barb... and stay safe!

FYI - We have an all-day missions training event today (here locally) so I'm not sure if I'll be back on SCS today or not. Then tomorrow I'll head out-of-town for Board Committee meetings. I won't be home until Tuesday evening. So unless I pop in here later today, I'll see you again on Wednesday.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 02-23-2019 at 02:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #9073  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning--our plans have changed a bit, again......... The winter storm is coming our way and the travel through Nebraska tomorrow is forecast to be ice and snow. We had planned to leave tomorrow morning and stay with Rebecca's cousin in central Nebraska, 9 1/2 hours away. Then, we thought maybe leave after work and drive as far as we can-but that might mean staying in a hotel two nights until this passes. We even thought about delaying it and not leaving until Sunday and driving all the way to Denver. So-right now, we are planning to leave around 1 as Rebecca went in to work early and is leaving early. We hope to make it to Kearney, NE, tonight and stay through Sunday morning. We hope to miss the storm!

The wine dinner was very nice last night--6 small plate courses and then 6 different wines--Yummy! I am glad I am all caught up with blog posts and mostly packed-did that already this morning. I have a make a quick run to the grocery store, but we are set. Snowshoes packed too-and I am sure we will use them.

I will check in when I can--we are staying in Denver until Wednesday morning and then heading up to their mountain house until the weekend. We plan to be home next Sunday, the 3rd. Have a Fantastic Weekend!
Have a safe journey Barb.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #9074  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Have a great trip, Barb... and stay safe!

FYI - We have an all-day missions training event today (here locally) so I'm not sure if I'll be back on SCS today or not. Then tomorrow I'll head out-of-town for Board Committee meetings. I won't be home until Tuesday evening. So unless I pop in here later today, I'll see you again on Wednesday.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you have a safe trip too Jeanette.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2019, 06:08 AM   #9075  
Quacker Stamper

Everything went well with the install except it took longer than we thought it would because of the tight attic. They had to crawl all around up there. It's not high enough to stand. they worked until 9:30 the first night and came back at 7 yesterday morning and got done about 11. Of course, it they had started at 7 on Thursday instead of 11 they would have been able to get it all done on thursday. But it's done and seems to be working just fine. Have a new digital thermostat which is really nice and somehow programable from my phone. I haven't read everything about it yet.

I only worked til my regular 4 PM yesterday so it was a nice short day and my boss was in a mediation so he was busy.

Today I need to get the house cleaned up. I have the Sister Missionaries coming for dinner tomorrow night. I'm going to make baked chicken, maybe some baked home fries and figure out some veggie, maybe a salad.

Still have 1 project to finish up for school for the week.

We are supposed to be having rain this morning, but so far I haven't seen it . I need to go to the grocery store so I'm trying to get things done around the house while it's supposed to be raining and then go out later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2019, 05:03 AM   #9076  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends!

Off to little man's Honor Roll - so proud of this boy!
Two more weeks until we hear if he gets into the high school from the audition - just
2. more. weeks.

This mama is praying!

Maggie, what are the sister missionaries? I know of sister churches - not sure if it's the same thing or I'm way off! I love that they came to visit our sweet Maggie! (and your middle name isn't Mae ... right? LOL!) You have such a sweet soul!

Sending hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2019, 05:13 AM   #9077  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hello friends!

Off to little man's Honor Roll - so proud of this boy!
Two more weeks until we hear if he gets into the high school from the audition - just
2. more. weeks.

This mama is praying!

Maggie, what are the sister missionaries? I know of sister churches - not sure if it's the same thing or I'm way off! I love that they came to visit our sweet Maggie! (and your middle name isn't Mae ... right? LOL!) You have such a sweet soul!

Sending hugs to all!
Congratulations to Little Man! Not so little anymore. Keeping fingers crossed for his H

Our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) send out missionaries across the word to search out those who are searching for the gospel. For the most part, they are Elders (young men between the ages of 18 - 24) and serve for two years, but girls can also serve a mission if they desire. There are usually two missionaries assigned to a Ward and usually the Elders. The members of the Ward are encouraged to invite tem for dinner over the month. Unfortunately, they do not allow the young Elders to go to a single sister's home if she does not have a male also in attendance so I would not be able to invite the Elders for dinner at my house unless I also invited one of the single men in our Ward (we have 1) Our Ward though has a number of single adult sisters so we requested that we have Sister Missionaries be assigned to our Ward so we can have them come to our homes for dinner or to visit. They bring such spirituality to the home and I love when them come to my house. I actually have a standing date with them every 4th Sunday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 02:10 AM   #9078  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congratulations on your honor roll son, Kelly! Praying you get good news in two weeks!

Maggie, thanks for explaining. I didn't realize you also had sister missionaries, I only knew about the elders.

I'm home from a good trip of many meetings... now it's ketchup day. ;)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 06:17 AM   #9079  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Inky SCS Friends! We are heading to their mountain house in a bit and will do some snowshoeing and just hanging out, looking at the Continental Divide! We spent some time at REI yesterday--it is one of their flagship stores and is huge! We also went out to dinner downtown with one of Wendy's colleagues as it is restaurant week in Denver. I hope you have a fantastic hump day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 AM   #9080  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sounds like you've been having a great trip, Barb.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes