Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Heather! Your comment did go through on my blog last night, just so you know it is working! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 AM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Cass!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 AM   #83  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracimView Post
Diane, I really like that you sent so many cards out to your church members! I need to find some CAS designs so I can try that...the valentines to widows is the sweetest idea!!
Traci - this blog has lots of CAS card sketches. I always use them when I need fast & easy cards! clean&simple.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #84  
Crimping Master

Happy Birthday Cass!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:54 AM   #85  
Crimping Master

For those of you that love to do challenges, here is a website to check out: Check this out: The Paper Variety: Giveaway!

These are friends from another list that are starting a challenge blog

I need to enter but I can't blog about it til after work so I figured I'd spread the word around other ways.

I hope you are all having a great day! Thanks so much for the congratulations on my upcoming wedding
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning!!

Happy Birthday, Cass!!! I hope you have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #87  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
Today's my birthday and he wants to spend some time with me! He's such a love! I do have to share and I don't know if any of you have ever felt this way on your birthday. I am forty today...hahahah! every time I see it I giggle or get teary eyed. Have you ever felt this way on your birthday? Where you're like OH MY Gosh I have been here how ever many years you are and it make you giggle and cry?
Happy Birthday! Oh man, I feel like that every birthday. Like how did I get this old (I'm 45) when I still feel like a 20 year old in my head.
Hope your birthday wishes come true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #88  
Crimping Master

Default Getting to know me..

Hi Gals,
Just have a moment to tell you a little. I'm super busy right now. We have our county fair coming up tomorrow and this is the 2nd year, I've had a booth from my SU! business. And preparing it has me going a little crazy.
So first off I'm sorry I haven't gotten to everyone's blog yet, I've been going to one a day and leaving comments, so I'll have a more time after tonight.

So I've been stamping for about 12 years, was invited to my first SU! workshop and thought I'd go just because there was free food and drinks! When I saw it, I fell in love. My only regret was waiting 2 years to sign up! And when I signed up, I realized I could make money at something I LOVED!!! So I'm for the most part an SU! purist, but I love to learn about other products and try new things. Just very cautious about buying.
I earned the Alaskan Cruise this year! Which is my first incentive trip. I'm totally in shock but so excited, we go next May.

I've been married for almost 18 years (September 25) to a very very supportive hubby, Edwin and we have one daughter, Sage who is 7 1/2 years old. Starting 2nd grade next week. She's totally my mini me.
I work full time for a recycling company as the Office Manager, but my goal is someday to be able to do SU! full-time and be a SAHM.

I just started my blog this month, mainly for my business. But as I've added to it and seen the lovely comments that people have left me, its going to be an addiction! I didn't realize how I needed that positive re-enforcement until I started reading them!!

Of course that is me in a nutshelll, so much more going on but those are the highlights.

I just want to say Thank you to Diane for starting this. Everyone here is so nice and helpful, I'm totally overcome by how nice you've all been in trying to get my act together on my blog!!!

You gals Rock!!!

Robyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #89  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather freemanView Post
I'm not receiving notifications despite being signed up......

I've been a crafter of sorts all my life.

I was introduced to Stampin' Up! 10 years ago and immediately signed on as a demonstrator.

I like using my stamps/supplies for all sorts of crafty projects and repurposing "trash".

I started a basic blog because occasionally a person would ask if I had one that had instructions for a certain project. The explosion scrapbook wedding box started it all !

I don't blog surf (the load times for me are soooo long on most blogs), so this is all new to me. Even forum posting/group stuff is a learning experience: yes, I've been a member here for 7 years (I'm #100!), but I rarely post.

I've seen some amazing projects so far. I hope I've successfully left a couple of comments for each of you, thanks for sharing everyone !
I've got a couple of comments on my blog from you so it looks like something is working out OK.

I've stopped doing blog hops because the commenting process on a lot of blogs was quite a process. Too many times it took longer to submit the comment than it did to read the post and type my comment. I also got the feeling that a lot of comments where 'generic', and had no real connection to the actual post. With a smaller blog group at least you get a chance to get to know the other bloggers more, and hopefully comments would have a meaning.

I'm glad you're having a go at trying something new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #90  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
I haven't been getting many updates either Heather. It's great to "meet" you!

I just wanted to pop on and see how everyone is doing and hope you all have a great day!

My love is coming home early today! Today's my birthday and he wants to spend some time with me! He's such a love! I do have to share and I don't know if any of you have ever felt this way on your birthday. I am forty today...hahahah! every time I see it I giggle or get teary eyed. Have you ever felt this way on your birthday? Where you're like OH MY Gosh I have been here how ever many years you are and it make you giggle and cry?
WOW

Happy 40th Birthday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #91  

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzerView Post
Hi Gals,
Just have a moment to tell you a little. I'm super busy right now. We have our county fair coming up tomorrow and this is the 2nd year, I've had a booth from my SU! business. And preparing it has me going a little crazy.
So first off I'm sorry I haven't gotten to everyone's blog yet, I've been going to one a day and leaving comments, so I'll have a more time after tonight.

So I've been stamping for about 12 years, was invited to my first SU! workshop and thought I'd go just because there was free food and drinks! When I saw it, I fell in love. My only regret was waiting 2 years to sign up! And when I signed up, I realized I could make money at something I LOVED!!! So I'm for the most part an SU! purist, but I love to learn about other products and try new things. Just very cautious about buying.
I earned the Alaskan Cruise this year! Which is my first incentive trip. I'm totally in shock but so excited, we go next May.

I've been married for almost 18 years (September 25) to a very very supportive hubby, Edwin and we have one daughter, Sage who is 7 1/2 years old. Starting 2nd grade next week. She's totally my mini me.
I work full time for a recycling company as the Office Manager, but my goal is someday to be able to do SU! full-time and be a SAHM.

I just started my blog this month, mainly for my business. But as I've added to it and seen the lovely comments that people have left me, its going to be an addiction! I didn't realize how I needed that positive re-enforcement until I started reading them!!

Of course that is me in a nutshelll, so much more going on but those are the highlights.

I just want to say Thank you to Diane for starting this. Everyone here is so nice and helpful, I'm totally overcome by how nice you've all been in trying to get my act together on my blog!!!

You gals Rock!!!

Robyn
Good luck with your booth at the fair. I'm helping a SU! friend with her fundraiser this weekend. She has put a lot of work into it, which has left her very little time just to create and blog for herself.

How totally cool to win an Alaskan trip! You must have put in a lot of work to earn it, so it is well deserved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #92  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOW...you girls have been busy here. How fun to read through more stories and to know more about who were blogging with!

Happy almost belated birthday CASS! I've been away all day, and just back home this evening, so I almost missed it. Hope it was sooo happy--all day long.

I noticed several said you weren't getting email updates of the posts here. I'm not either. Weird. I double checked my settings and I should be getting them. That's why I was surprised there was so much activity here today. I thought it had been quiet here all day when I check emails and didn't see any posts. Hmmmm.....

Another technical difficulty. I'm on blogger and I've tried to create a new post for tomorrow and I'm having trouble downloading (or is it uploading) pictures into my post. I think it's a blogger issue. Happened once before and when I went back several hours later, it was fixed. Anyone else having trouble.

IF I get it fixed and IF I get to put up my post tomorrow, I'll have a little surprise waiting for you here...a little gift for signing on with Puttin' on the Glitz. Hope you'll like it. If not tomorrow...just as soon as I can post again.

I'm really loving this group. I just like the spirit of cooperation and camaraderie. I see you offering help, offering ideas, offering encouraging-congratulation-well wishes, sharing links to wonderful sites. Just what I was looking for in a new group. So glad each and everyone of you is on board!!!

I'll check in early in the morning on everyone's blogs to see what's new...then will check in here. Hope you all have a great night of rest...and Theresa, may your day go fabulously! (It's soooo fun having an Aussie!!!)

Night All!
Diane

Last edited by luv2stamp50; 08-31-2010 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #93  

Oooohhh...the surprize sounds intriguing. Looks like I'll have to wait til morning to get to see it since it is not up yet.:(

The past couple of days have been really, really warm. It's also the first day of spring here. I've enjoyed my past couple of days of work.
  • Very little traffic (10 vehicles in 9 hours),
  • Fabulous views for miles and miles and miles,
  • a friendly farmer who is always up for a chat,
  • saw my first butterflies of the season
  • Watching the sweet tiny fairy wrens flitting about
  • working with some of the local lads
  • fun, social meal breaks
  • a friendly co-worker.

Life is sweet this week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning gals!
Just waking up over a cup of coffee...I LOVE my coffee and it is as addicting as stamping for me! Any of you heard of the Keurig coffeemakers...there is a whole "Keurig cult" here on SCS, a very sweet group of ladies, too, but I am not in it. However, they inspired me by all their accolades that I should give it a try. The best thing is it delivers a cup in 60 seconds or less, one cup at a time, and since it is just me in the mornings, that works well.

Theresa, I enjoy reading about your day and your bullet point presentation is great...spring huh? We are still 3 weeks from fall, and I am looking forward to it! This last month has been hot in Colorado, 90's most days or close, and I'm ready to cool down. But no humidity, yay!!

Diane, I don't receive email updates except for the first post after mine, after that, not another one, so I just look for the one update. I can't wait to see the "surprise," you have my curiosity peaked on that!

Yesterday I did my first ever design team card...it was for a company that I adore, Flourishes, and I was their guest designer for September. I issued a challenge on their newsletter, and it is also on my blog. If you enter, you upload your card on their newsletter. You don't need to use Flourishes stamps, so if anyone wants to play along, I'll be looking for ya!

Thanks for the clean and simple link, I bookmarked it!!

Have a great day/evening ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:02 AM   #95  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi everyone,

I have been busy checking out everyone’s blogs, but haven’t had a chance to post on the forum. You all seem to have exciting lives compared to me!

Although my story may seem sad at first it does have a happy ending. I started stamping in 2008 after being diagnosed with cancer at the age of 39. At that time, I needed something to keep me busy so I wouldn’t think about things. Stamping kept me sane!!!

I have never attended a SU party, but my brother is friends with Mitra who owns Impression Obsession so he had sent me some stamps to play with. Sure enough I got hooked and did a Google search one day and found Stampin’ Up’s website.

I’m really not sure what my style is. I love floral, nature, and scenic scenes. I started my blog so my brother who lives in Virginia could see my cards. Although I am good about posting my cards I feel as though I am lacking in the blogging aspect. I just don’t know what to write. Sometimes I think who is even going to read this and care?

I have been married for 17 years and have an Ocicat named Cheops who just turned 8 years old in June. I was very excited when the name Ocicat was available on Splitcoast.

I work full-time and have been with the same company for 15 years. I try to stamp in the evenings before dinner and on the weekends.

I’m very grateful for my darling husband and to be in your blogging group. Thanks for having me!

Kristie – Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Traci – Welcome back from Hong Kong!
Cass – Happy Birthday!
Diane – I’m glad your workshop went great!

If anyone needs any help setting up their blogs, please let me know. Have a great day ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #96  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default My Little Surprise!

After a long night of technical difficulties with blogger (I'll post more about my solution later) I'm finally able to post!

And thus....I can offer you my little surprise! I'm developing a new line of fun, printable elements to dress up cards, scrapbook pages or 3-D projects. Two friends of mine are collaborating to showcase loads of these elements with a few tutorials sprinkled in along the way. My part was to develop the ones were are launching now.

So just go to my blog to see what I'm talking about. You just have to see! They are sooooo fun. Scroll down on today's post to read about the unique features of Paper Fashions Etc.

NOW FOR YOUR LITTLE GIFT...just my way of saying thanks for being a part of Putting on the Glitz.

I'll send to you FREE either one of Paper Fashions sets launched today Here are your choices:

Christmas Bingo Set A (8 color designs)
Christmas Bingo Set B (12 black designs)

We'll be coming out soon with School Days A/B sets and Halloween. But we're staggering our launch times. If you'd rather wait to get one of those, that's fine too. Just can't pass them out until we actually launch them.

SO....if you want one of the Christmas ones, PM me with your email address and I'll attach the files.

I'd love to see your samples made with them and will post your creations to my blog--linking to your blog if you make anything with them. Sort of a challenge thing I guess!!

PLUS....if you'd be interested in the tutorial featured, I'll give you a half-price offer and it can be yours for $3.50. If you want that special deal, just email and I'll forward a PayPal invoice for the special price. Don't buy it from my blog or you'll pay full price.

NO obligation! Just wanted to share my fun new endeavor with you. Won't think a thing about it if you want to pass altogether.

Regardless of your choice THANK YOU for joining Puttin' On the Glitz! I made my rounds this morning and commented on all new posts and again I'm so impressed with the quality ALL of you are producing. We are a GREAT group!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #97  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Diane, thanks for sharing, truly, it was a lot to write, and I appreciate it! I am impressed with all you've accomplished with work, writing and being published, and published cards also!! I am curious which books you have co-authored?
Traci, finally I'm getting around to answering your question! Three books that I co-authored were through LifeWay Christian Resources, the international publishing arm of the Southern Baptist Convention. They were--Extraordinary Marriage with Rodney and Selma Wilson, Putting on the Armor with Chuck Lawless, and Fear No Evil--their annual doctrinal study for the year it was published. Since co-writing those books, David (my pastor-hubby) and I co-wrote a discipleship based study called Winning the Real Battle (about conflict in churches). We developed and now own a small publishing business/ministry called Building Healthy Churches. Our driving force in writing the book was that we were seeing so many hurting churches...congregations being ripped apart by internal strife and conflict. And we knew that was damaging the worldwide testimony of the church. So we developed a discipleship study (workbook) and trade book to help members and pastors respond to conflict in a Biblical way. It's gone well and we are so blessed to have heard from some churches who have done the study and to know how it has helped.

So...that's that little tidbit about me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #98  
Polyshrink Goddess

Diane,

Congrats on being published and to everyone for their accomplishments!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Clarification on Receiving Email Updates on Posts

Several of us have thought we should be receiving email notifications of every post to our group thread. I was certainly under that impression since I THINK that's how SCS used to do it. I remember getting hundreds of emails in the past.

But I located this information about notifications of post. Hopefully this will clarify for all of us...

What subscription modes are available?

There are a number of different forum subscription modes available.

* No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.
* Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.
* Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.

Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:

* Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.

HTH!
Di
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #100  

Just went and checked out the new designs - nice work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

Geez, I've missed alot!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane, thanks for looking that up, I know I only get one email now...

And thanks for the surprise...I love them and will definitely want one, just not sure which! How fun to launch this new adventure with friends, congratulations!!

I for one do not understand the basics of digital or how to print, which is why I don't do more digital images. But I like the ideas out with them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jessica, Hi!! You didn't miss that much...I plan on checking this thread once a day when I can, but had to come on for some reason this afternoon...hope you're doing well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Blogger issues...ugh!! I keep mine simple, but am always in need of help there, too...sorry you had to deal with that last night, Diane!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #105  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Blogger issues...ugh!! I keep mine simple, but am always in need of help there, too...sorry you had to deal with that last night, Diane!!
Resolved the issue on my own which always makes me feel better. Had to do lots of searching online but found a site that suggested turning off cookies, history...all that jazz. I didn't think that was the issue because I'd been able to upload photos fine before. But while investigating how to add new pages to blogger, I checked to default to "draft blogger" as my default dashboard. It looked exactly the same as my old dashboard, but when I checked back OFF of that I could upload photos again. So...I don't recommend "draft blogger" as a default dashboard. The one that is there as the original default is the one to use. Live and learn huh!

I do want to learn how to add pages to my blog AND I'd love to know how to set up a gallery. Anyone know that?

Donna...Do you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #106  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,

It's 4:00 a.m. and I just posted my card for today. I hope everyone has a great Thursday! I'm really looking forward to the long weekend.

Diane, on my blog I actually set up a slide show using Photo Bucket. Let me take a look at how to do a gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #107  

Donna - I don't know that I have an exciting life, LOL. I'd hazzard a guess and say yours might be just as interesting. I probably just mention some of the very ordinary things that are going on in my world.

I can relate to using our hobbies to keep our minds off of our troubles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #108  
Embossing Fanatic

Default visiting with you again

Hello everyone, I also have had problems publishing comments. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I noticed that sometimes my comments would get published and then not. Then I didn't know what to think. So now that I hear what some of you have gone through this week with blogger, I feel better. Melissa, in my down line announced on Stampin' Connections the "open to the public" news about my blog. She had been keeping it secret because I wanted it to be perfect before going public. I finally gave in and decided I needed the public more than perfection. I didn't know she was going to use SC as my grand opening. I have been very busy for the last three days visiting the ladies from SC who have started visiting my blog. It's mind boggling! Especially since I didn't keep track of where my comments were accepted and where not. It's mind boggling! When I saw Diane's idea for a small group, it appealed to me. I really appreciate Diane for being a leader. And I appreciate all of you on the team for being such nice and sharing ladies. It's very difficult to be in two places at once. Sorry for the rambling. See, I knew you would listen and care. You're my girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, geec...
If you can sign your name and give your blog address at the bottom of your post, it will help me know who you are!! Thanks so much!
Glad you are up and blogging...perfection is not mandatory to blog, we learn as we go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #110  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you Traci. Now I know what I've been missing. Good to know. I guess I need to go back to the blogs on SC and fix those. I still need to be a follower with a self photo on everyone's page. My blog photo is on my grandsons pc at his house. Should he forward it to me or is there another way? Thanks again Tracie.
Gloria
Gloria's Legacy Stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Gloria, thanks for the identification! I am not sure about your picture...I only know how to do it on my computer...maybe someone else here can help out more with that?
If you know how to add a picture from your computer, and have some already on there, you can use any picture as your avatar, it doesn't have to be a photograph. But I need my dear hubby here to help me out on all that stuff! Hey, maybe a family member there can help you?
And you're already at 8 comments, wow, you've only got about 12,515 to catch up with me...you'd think I'd know more!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #112  

Well done Gloria on getting yourself up and running with your blog. I'm sure most of us relate to trying to do more than one thing at a time too. LOL. I'm glad you finally got your blog link and name into your signature. It certainly makes a big difference in identifying who is who.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #113  

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stamp50View Post
I do want to learn how to add pages to my blog AND I'd love to know how to set up a gallery. Anyone know that?

Donna...Do you?
One of my blogs is by Blogger. To add a page,
  • First click on New Post.
  • Then click on Edit Pages.
  • Click the New Page button.
  • Add your content just like you would a regular post.
  • Edit and publish.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #114  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Theresa. You beat me to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #115  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
One of my blogs is by Blogger. To add a page,
  • First click on New Post.
  • Then click on Edit Pages.
  • Click the New Page button.
  • Add your content just like you would a regular post.
  • Edit and publish.

Hope that helps.
But how do you link your pages to your posts? So say for instance, I've marked all my posts, with card or project and I created the tabs (or pages) for those two items but I don't know how to actually make those posts connect to those tabs. Does that make sense??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #116  

Quote:

But how do you link your pages to your posts? So say for instance, I've marked all my posts, with card or project and I created the tabs (or pages) for those two items but I don't know how to actually make those posts connect to those tabs. Does that make sense??
You would link it exactly as you would any other link on the web. I've just gone and had a quick look thru your blog and I see you haven't got any links in your posts on your blog. Do you know how to create a link in your blog content like this? It works the same way that it does here on SCS. There must be a tutorial on here somewhere that explains it better than what I could.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #117  

Quote:

Hmm.... rereading this I see you want to link your post into the page content. I would assume the linking would work the same in this instance. Or maybe I'm not understanding what you really need to know.

I think the thing to remember with pages is that it is just one 'posting' where you blog has multiple postings. Of course your page can be edited over and over if it needs to be updated or content added to it.

If your still unsure, could you give us an idea of what you'd like to achieve by using someone elses blog as an example. That might help?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #118  
Embossing Fanatic

Theresa, the directions you are giving for adding a page, Is that what I would do in order to have a button or tab below my blog header? I have many retired stamp sets I need to sell. So, I'd like to have a separate page to show them. Thank you for helping.
Gloria
gloriaslegacystamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #119  

Quote:

Originally Posted by geecView Post
Theresa, the directions you are giving for adding a page, Is that what I would do in order to have a button or tab below my blog header? I have many retired stamp sets I need to sell. So, I'd like to have a separate page to show them. Thank you for helping.
Gloria
gloriaslegacystamping
Yes Gloria that would be right. For Example if you were to go to the link at the bottom of this post called 'Ippity Blog Shop", underneath my header is 'Home' (blog) and 'Spring Collection 2010' (stamp sets for sale). because of the style of theme I used for that blog it doesn't have an obvious looking tab or button like some do. But in answer to your question - yes, adding a page will give you the link under your header. And it's a great feature to add to your blog if you have items for sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #120  

I've just got home after helping my friend with her fund raiser. It was a busy and fun day stamping with all the guests. I think she made about $3000. I also got a chance to catch up with my SU! upline which was a real bonus for me.

As I was going around meeting some of the guests I was making connections with who was who, I may have heard about them, or I know their husbands, children or parents. When I moved here three and a half year ago I didn't know anyone. Up until recently I was working at a small hotel (pub) in one of the valleys near here. I got to meet a lot of the local farmers, mostly men, so it's nice when I get out and get to meet the women. Now when I go down to the local supermarket I'll be able to stop and say hello to them!

Interestingly enough, I applied for the job at the hotel, because I was desparate for a job, any job. I wasn't comfortable working there at first because I myself, rarely drink and I don't like drunken behaviour in others. Fortunately the boss didn't like to attract that sort of client either and he nearly always closed early. I did get to meet lots of the valley farmers, who were more interested in the price of beef and potatoes and land sales. It ended up being a great place to connect with people. I was also surprised at the number of patrons who only ever drank soft drinks.

Onto other news. I'm heading off to the city shortly for the big fire works that will be on tonight. At the beginning and end of the show they have an F1-11 do a low fly over with a dump and burn. It'll be the last year that this will happen as the aircraft is being decommissioned at the end of the year. It's such a spectacle and I don't want to miss the last one. I've managed to convince my, 'I hate the city' farmer boyfriend, to come along with his daughter, so I'm hoping we'll have a nice outing together. And while we're down there I hope to catch up with my daughter (16) and her friends. I'll let you know how it all goes when I get back.
Reply With Quote Likes