Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #1881  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Demonstrator and New to Stamping

My name is Sandi and I'm a new demostrator and new to stamping altogether. I've always admired people with the talent to create such beautiful pieces of art. A co-worker had joined a Stampin Up group and told me about her experience. I attended a group workshop and was so impressed with how easy it was to create projects, there was no hesitation, I joined. Now, my only problem is that there is so many things to do, I can't decide what to do first. I am having a problem coming up with ideas using the stuff I have which isn't much, since I'm just getting into it. I wanted to create a card for my great niece's 6th birthday and since she likes Cinderella and the princesses I bought some stamps but can't get the card to look right. I'm having a big problem lining up letters for words. Very frustrating some times.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #1882  
Gabfest Goddess

Welcome Sandi! Have you looked in the galleries for some inspiration? Maybe look at lettering on cards? And who says the letters have to line up? lol! off-centered. wonky. up and down. curvy. lots of possibilities. or you could use a ruler, or a pattern first to line them up. I am sure someone else has some great ideas on this! Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #1883  
Cardstock Collector

Default NEW MEMBER

I have loved stamping for the past 14 years and used to be a demonstrator and have recently found SCS. I will continue to explore the site. Is there a place to see if someone is selling or trading a stamp set I am looking for? Excited to be a part of SCS and cannot wait to start the swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #1884  
Glitter Queen

Have been a member of SCS for some time. It has been a wonderful site to spark creativity and learn new techniques. I have recently become a SU Demo and am looking forward to my first workshop next weekend. Hoping to become a more active and sharing member of SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #1885  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up New Member & First Post

Hello, My name is Danica. I live in North-West California along the beautiful Trinity River. I have been scrapbooking & card making for quite a while now, but have not used stamps much. I have a number of them but have not had the success in the past with my results ( I am a bit off a perfectionist). This site has really given me ideas and lots of GREAT info, So I will be pulling out my stamps more and hopefully I will be posting some great results.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #1886  
sbr
Cardstock Collector

Default New Demonstrator

Hi everyone. I have just recently signed on as a demonstrator. I am getting ready for my first event "Open House" in two weeks. I just stumbled upon this demonstrator forum and it is great!! I am so excited about being a demonstrator and sharing the love of crafting. I also have just started a blog to share my experiences and creations as I go along. Please feel free to follow along at stacysstampinspot.blogspot.com

This is such a great forum and thanks for all who have put so much work and love into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1887  
Glitter Queen

Smile Hello!!!

I'm Romina. I'm from Chile, but I'm living in California. I'm a demonstrator for Stampin Up. I used to check this website. I come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to participate in card swaps!!!!!!!!!! Also I'm a Criminal Justice Student.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #1888  
Glitter Queen

I would like to participate in swaps but I can't post anything on the swaps forum. Can anyone tell me why I can't????????? Thanks!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #1889  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello,
I'm new to stamping, but I'm a long time scrapbooker that has gone digital. I'm using stamping to get my real paper time and loving it.
Thanks,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #1890  
Cardstock Collector

Default Hello

:rolleyes:Hello from Iceland.
I�m new here...and my english is not so good and I don�t understand everything you say and it is taking time to learn how to find things here.
I have looked at the forums and it�s really,really great to look at all this beutiful things.
Can you tell me if I can look at some videos to learn some things about stamping.I only sew cards and have not done so many other things but now after looking at all these wonderful work my head is full of ideas.
Hope you have nice day.
Saesa:?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #1891  
Cardstock Collector

I'm just an avid card maker and member of a stamping club that meets once a month. I can't wait to check out all the cool ideas for cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #1892  
Rubber Obsessor

Saesa
I've learned a lot from videos. To find videos here at SCS (split coast stampers) try the resources tab (above right) and some techniques have videos at the bottom of the page. My favorite videos were part of a 9 week series called "Thinking inking" by Jennifer McGuire and the site Twopeasinabucket. I think you need to join to get to this link:
Thinking Inking 9-week Online Class — 27 Videos
Otherwise search for Thinking Inking on Youtube. I got started by watched some Tim Holtz demos on his blog. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Dhat10; 03-29-2011 at 04:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #1893  
Cardstock Collector

No I have a little experience in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1894  
Cardstock Collector

Heart I am a New to SCS

I have been a SU Demo for 14months now and I am enjoying it. I am new to SCS and I think this is such a great way to learn and share what we love to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #1895  
Cardstock Collector

Default Fees???

Hi, All ~

I'm a stamper and scrapper and thinking of become a demo. I've been reading these posts and have seen several references to "fees." Can someone tell me what the fees are for and how much they are?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #1896  
Cardstock Collector

Queenienana,
I really enjoy being a demonstrator for Stampin UP. Their products are great. There is a fee for the starter kit which I think is now half price. A really good deal. you also would want to subscribe to Stamp Up Connection. That fee is $12.95 per month. You can share ideas and get the latest updates. I hope that helps.
Birdie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #1897  
Cardstock Collector

Wink An important question about being a demo

I said that I am thinking seriously about becoming a demonstrator...and I am. I am meeting with my friend who is with SU on Thursday to discuss it. One question I have though is with the economy the way it is, is this a good time to get into SU? Are people spending their precious dollars on these kinds of things?

Also, I have very low self-esteem although everyone seems to love my work. I am going to be 65 in July and live in a 55+ community. I thought I would offer a couple of free classes to some of the women here and that could either give me the confidence that I have something worthwhile to share or that this is definitely not for me.

I need a couple of easy, inexpensive ideas since I will be covering the cost of these 2 classes out of my very, very limited income. I do have a pretty well stocked craft room though.

Thanks to you all and happy stamping!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #1898  
Cardstock Collector

I started out very slow and I enjoy it because it allows you to purchase at a discount too.
I would try a class for free in your community and then see if there is any interest, you can then have a stamp class once a month and charge a small fee. This allows you to gain confidence and have fun at the same time. Even though the economy is slow, I find if people love to scrap and stamp and make cards...they all love to buy the newest products.
Stampin Up has that to offer.
Wish you luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #1899  
Pearl-ExPert

Aloha everyone!! Even though I have been purchasing stamps everywhere I go for years, I have never done anything with them!! I've gone to two stamping workshops recently andam jumping in - slowly!! Looking forward to seeing all that's available - a little/lot anxious about being overwhelmed too!!

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #1900  
Glitter Queen

Default Hello and greetings from the Adirondacks!

I am new here to the site. I was a SU demonstrator for a while before we moved. I know am opening my own papercraft store here in Old Forge, NY (a small tourist town in the south, central Adirondack mountains). I love the ideas here and love to look at so many talented artists.
Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #1901  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, I am new to this site, but people talk about it all over Etsy. My name is Jen, I live in Arkansas. My shop is Jenuinememories.etsy.com if you ever want to visit. I enjoy making cards using rubber stamps. This year I have really been more creative than ever, I finally got out of my stumbling block about worrying that my stamping was not perfect. For the longest time I was a Stampin Up! buyer, but not very creative. I had so many "virgin" stamps that had never touched ink, I was ashamed! Literally, thousands of dollars sat on my shelf unused. But now I feel better because I am creating. So far I have sold 2 things online (opened my shop in January) I would feel bad, but I am having so much fun! So I hope to make some friends on here, and to get some good ideas. Thanks for reading! Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #1902  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi im kinda new just supporting my wife who is on here and a nifty scrapper myself cant wait to learn more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #1903  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefjeremyView Post
Hi im kinda new just supporting my wife who is on here and a nifty scrapper myself cant wait to learn more
Hi, you're gonna have tons of fun meeting people on this board. It's the best board out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #1904  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefjeremyView Post
Hey Jeremy!!

Hope you have lots of fun...

Yoda ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #1905  
Cardstock Collector

Red face New member

Hi All!!!!
I am new to splitcoaststampers but not new to stampin and scrapin. I just found out about this website so I thought I would check it out. I am into Stampin up deciding to become a demonstator. Creative Memories for scrapbooking. I have so much fun making things I call it "going to art class" all over again from school. :p Since having cancer and not being able to work crafts are keeping me occupied. I am so excited to learn more and see more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #1906  
Cardstock Collector

I am new as well. Just got into stamping really for the socialization. My only child went off to college this year and most of my social events were centered around her activities. Now I am off to focus on me.... if I can find me... I know I am here somewhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #1907  
Cardstock Collector

Post New Member

Hi I joined last night, i love card making although i haven't been doing it very long and i love all the tutorials that are available on here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #1908  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Debbie,
I joined a few months ago. this is a great way to get ideas and to post your cards.
I love to make cards too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #1909  
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to angelaromero64

Hello everyone, I trust you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I spent most of the time making cards, just love having that extra day off! I signed up as a Demo about 6 months ago, just to buy at a discount. Then started having some ladies over every other Tuesday to make cards and now we do a once a month workshop. I don't charge but I am beginning to think I should. I absolutely LOVE making cards. Mostly I CASE cards but I am beginning to have the confidence to create my own. I am hoping to make some friends here on SCS and continue to learn from all of the amazingly talented women (and men?) on this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #1910  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies... I just found this thread... I am a demonstrator but not for Stampin' up... I do use their products alot but love all stamps. I have been stamping and papercrafting for about 6 or 7 years now. My store is in my siggy line for anyone that wants to check it out. Nice to meet you all... BTW I am from Rossville Georgia.

My Personal Blog: Creations by Jeanne
Facebook: Friend Me....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #1911  
Matboard Maniac

Default Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelaromero64View Post
Hello everyone, I trust you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I spent most of the time making cards, just love having that extra day off! I signed up as a Demo about 6 months ago, just to buy at a discount. Then started having some ladies over every other Tuesday to make cards and now we do a once a month workshop. I don't charge but I am beginning to think I should. I absolutely LOVE making cards. Mostly I CASE cards but I am beginning to have the confidence to create my own. I am hoping to make some friends here on SCS and continue to learn from all of the amazingly talented women (and men?) on this site.
Welcome and hope you learn lots from all the talented people here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #1912  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi there, my name is Jonnece, I joined SCS in January this year and I am slowly getting around the site, checking out all the different and amazing threads. I am a relatively new SU demonstrator. My main passion at the moment is 12x12 pages and like many before me just look forward to making new friends and learning more from all the talented people associated with SCS.

Kia ora from New Zealand
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #1913  
Cardstock Collector

Hi there everyone. My name is Mary and I am new to SCS today. I have been peeping around the site, but I am currently sharing this computer with 2 kids who just so happen to be out of school. So, MOM doesn't get much time on it none the less. Just wanted to say hi, and I will be back around and popping in and out until school starts again.. thankfully August 5.

Mary from Louisiana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #1914  
Cardstock Collector

Red face

Hi All. I'm new to SCS. I love stamping. It is just a hobby for me, for now. Actually, it is more like an addiction! I love getting new ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #1915  
Crimping Master

Default help

can someone please help me...:confused:
I've been a member and my user id is greengem32, whenever I try to reply to a post it says that I don't have permission.
I reset up my account with a new id kelley42 and that still doesn't work.
please help me to figure this out because I'm trying to join a couple swaps.
Thanks,
Kelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #1916  
Cardstock Collector

Hey, I'm Harriet and new here. I love stamping and have just joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrater. Can't wait for my Starter Kit to arrive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #1917  
Glitter Queen

My messages appear if I use Quick Reply. I have the same problem as you with Reply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #1918  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by greengem32View Post
can someone please help me...:confused:
I've been a member and my user id is greengem32, whenever I try to reply to a post it says that I don't have permission.
I reset up my account with a new id kelley42 and that still doesn't work.
please help me to figure this out because I'm trying to join a couple swaps.
Thanks,
Kelley
Hi Kelley! I deleted your other account because we don't allow multiples. Sorry the posting is confusing - but our swap group requires membership. It's free - you just have to click Join a Group in the menu on the left and choose the swap group. After you're approved you can post.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything! I have some good links in my signature that will help you get started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #1919  
Cardstock Collector

Welcome to the Stampin UP Family!!
I have been a demostrator for 18months. I have enjoyed the products as well as all the ideas I get from fellow demonstrators.
Birdie Rappoccio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #1920  
Compulsive Stamper

Default From Central IL

I'm fairly new to SCS, I've been stamping for about 2 years now and scrapping for close to 8. I'm planning to become a SU demo next month when the new catty comes out. Can't wait to figure out how to use more on this site, get inspiration (which has already started!), and make stamp friends!
Reply With Quote Likes