Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #1801  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time post. I love to stamp and make cards. This is a great website, I love the work done on this site and really look forward to the weekly newsletter.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #1802  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TootsyForums at Splitcoaststampers
Bonjour,
Je suis Tootsy. I'm new to SCS. J'adore les projets et les défis que nous procure le site de slipcoaststampers, c'est une source d'inspiration inépuisable
Au plaisir de partage à mon tour,

Tootsy
Welcome, Tootsy. I do not speak or write French now, but I can still read it a little bit. I hope you can read English. As you said, this is a really good site for ideas. I hope you come back soon.

Kayne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #1803  
Kookie Creator

I'm new to SCS - I joined quite a while ago but was never really active. Actually I forgot about it until just recently. I am mainly a scrapbooker but have just recently gotten into stamping/card making and LOVE it! I'm not a demonstrator and as much as I'd love to, I don't think I ever will be - I'm NOT a salesperson ...I'm just a good customer :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #1804  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uacheermomForums at Splitcoaststampers
I'm new to SCS - I joined quite a while ago but was never really active. Actually I forgot about it until just recently. I am mainly a scrapbooker but have just recently gotten into stamping/card making and LOVE it! I'm not a demonstrator and as much as I'd love to, I don't think I ever will be - I'm NOT a salesperson ...I'm just a good customer :P
To me it's never been selling, it's just sharing something I love to do. The selling is really incidental to that. Since so much of SU's stuff does have to replaced, the return business is where the real sales come from, not selling.
At least, that's how I feel about it. I love doing it, even though I will not have my workshop until tomorrow. I've designed a "Gift Certificate" which can be for any denomination, since I will be writting it in myself, and a little box to put the certificate in which can be decorated. I will have decorated and ready to go, and will sell them for $2.00 each. That way they can choose, just put it in an envelope, or whatever, or get a box for it. Little things like this will help the business grow, without any real selling involved, you are just showing them what is available.

Kayne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #1805  
Kookie Creator

I should have worded it differently...cuz I don't feel like my demonstrator for SU or the Angel Company have to "sell" me anything - all they have to do is show me a book and I'm making a shopping list...haha...but unfortunately, I just don't have a lot of other friends who are into stamping/scrapping/crafting so I'd have to "find" customers and that's something I know I wouldn't be good at! :P - but I'm glad there are lots of demonstrators out there or there wouldn't be people to get my fix from
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #1806  
Compulsive Stamper

No I not a sales person, just a cardmaker and craftperson. Thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #1807  
Cardstock Collector

Hi i'm also new here,so first sorry for my bad Englishe I was born in Canada but only lived there for my first 6 years.Now i'm living 44 years in the Netherlands and its a lovely place to live

I wanted to join your scs because you all make such lovely things and love to learn here iff thats alright

sonja x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #1808  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Welcome, Sonja

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwanForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi i'm also new here,so first sorry for my bad Englishe I was born in Canada but only lived there for my first 6 years.Now i'm living 44 years in the Netherlands and its a lovely place to live

I wanted to join your scs because you all make such lovely things and love to learn here iff thats alright

sonja x
First of all, your English is not bad at all. Strangely, I was born in Holland (Maartensdijk, Utrecht), but only lived there for my first 6 years. Then we moved to Australia, but now I live in the United States, although I still have Australian citizenship. My birth name was Karin Leni van Boeschoten (the first name I use now, Kayne, is just a nickname). Although I was born in Utrecht, just before we left Holland we had been living in Heemstede.

Where in the Netherlands do you live now? By the way, if necessary, you can reply to me in Dutch. I can still read it enough to make most things out, if they are not too technical or complicated. If you are like me, you can read much better than you can write or speak, but honestly, your English was quite understable. Nothing at all to worry about.

I do still speak a little Dutch, but when I have to speak it, it comes back to me rather quickly. I'm not at all fluent, but I can understand a lot, and can still respond in most cases. I wish I had kept it up, but once I came to the States, I had no one who spoke it any longer, so with practically no exposure to the language, I HAVE forgotten a lot.

I hope to see you here a lot. There are some good ideas and suggestions.

Hoping to hear from you again.

Kayne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #1809  
Cardstock Collector

Default Hallo Kayne

Hi Kayne,

How lovely to here you lived in the Netherlands.
Heemstede Utrecht beautiful places to live also.
In Utrecht they are having each year in november a great marked filled with scraps to by, I think you know that its called the Kreadoe and its in the Jaarbeurs of Utrecht.I am always going there also I have at that time some more to spend because its close to my birthday haha.

I am living in Wormer thats near Zaandam and Amsterdam.
And its treu what your saying,my speaking and writing is not so good as wel my reading and understanding,strange aint it!!

I was born in Toronto and forgotten Alot.

Ik hoop dat je alles goed heb kunnen lezen en begrijpen.
Ik vond het erg leuk jou te mogen spreken en zal zeker vaker hier te zien zijn.

By the way my real name is Sonja

Its night overhere so i`m going to sleep.
My mother always say's

See you later alligator.

By by
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #1810  
Cardstock Collector

I love your Michael Shanks avatar, Rachel. I'm an SG-1 fan, too.
Teresa
Prince Edward Island
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #1811  
Cardstock Collector

Default New Member

Hi. My name is Teresa and I live on Prince Edward Island on the east coast of Canada.
I started making cards about 7 years ago and started stamping in the last 2 years. I belong to a SU monthly craft club, where I started learning how to make my cards look much more polished and nice.
Recently I discovered digital art stamps and have been trying out various coloring techniques. I am also interested in discovering new techniques.
I am looking forward to joining into some of the challenges offered here as well as the tutorials.
Blessings,
Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #1812  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, Everyone...My name is Sharnette. I live in Newtown, Connecticut. Is there anyone in the area that would like to plan and get together each month and do stuff. I am looking for some other people to craft with, right now I am making cards and stuff at a table in my bedroom while watching t.v. by myself. It gets to be lonely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #1813  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Welcome Sonjia

Quote:

sonja x

Hi, Sonjia..welcome aboard. I agree with Kayne....Your english is fine. SCS is an awesome thing. I love it here. so much to see, and do. I am not on here alot, because I can get very addicted to it, lol....but I do spend some time here. I try to limit it, lol.....anyway...welcome aboard.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #1814  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the messages and welcome Sonja
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #1815  
Cardstock Collector

Hi! I did not receive a confirmation email??

I'm new or a returnee from years back. My health went downhill but now I am on oxygen 24/7 ahd have RA, FIbro and too many other things that I do not like to think about! I just want to be me and participate and learn as I am able. It's like being reborn every time you go through a major change in life. I still love my stamping, paper arts, all of it but I only did one scrapbook, how many does one need I always wondered! LOL Or maybe the 4 mini albums I did as gifts. Thanks!
DOnna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #1816  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi,
My name is Kim and I reside in Ohio, USA. I've been doing digi scrapbooking for a few years, surely not as often as I'd like, but it's been my choice craft along with my hobby of photography! As I'd like to get into making better and beautiful cards, I started looking at the Cricuts, which led me to this site. Digital stamps are nudging at me now, along with Copic markers and Cricuts! It's going to be an expensive month ahead, LOL! So I hope to soon be sharing card creations and little personal sized art journal scrapbooks in the coming weeks ahead. Thanks for being here, I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #1817  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDavisonForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi,
My name is Kim and I reside in Ohio, USA. I've been doing digi scrapbooking for a few years, surely not as often as I'd like, but it's been my choice craft along with my hobby of photography! As I'd like to get into making better and beautiful cards, I started looking at the Cricuts, which led me to this site. Digital stamps are nudging at me now, along with Copic markers and Cricuts! It's going to be an expensive month ahead, LOL! So I hope to soon be sharing card creations and little personal sized art journal scrapbooks in the coming weeks ahead. Thanks for being here, I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you!
Hi, New Member to SCS, not a demo
Disabled at home on oxygen, with RA, and too many other things to list. I
tried to join before but I never got activation letters and maybe I tried in
the wrong section. I am sorry if I did. Stamping and paper arts are about
all I can do anymore and I stamp and make projects for hospice, St Judes,
the nursing home and of course the troops. We have family in Afghanistan and
Iraq as well as other places. I hope I am sending this to the right place,
person! I have too may supplies but for my 15 year collection of rubber
stamps! Our home was robbed and they also took almost all of my beloved wood
mounted stamps, which I find now on ebay if you can find them at all, are
valuable! Shoot!
Im not fond of clear stamps I do have some um's but I am trying to mount
stamps I have with wood blocks I have and get some on ebay and from
manufacturers like Dick at PB stamps, I an't believe people are paying over
20 dollars for a Penny Black stamp when he sells them all for 5 to 10
dollars!
I can use copics! They are not dangerous to my lungs as Trias, Prismacolor
Artist Pens etc which contain very dangerous chemicals. I can't use powders
etc, without a mask or my heat gun or I'll blow up my oxygen machine! LO
Nice to meet you and Thanks for writing I hope I finally made it! I've
drooled over your site for along time!
Thank You
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #1818  
Cardstock Collector

Hi! I started card making last year and just became addicted to stamps and collecting scrapbook paper pads!! My favorite stamp brands are The Greeting Farm, Penny Black, Hero Arts and Two Scoop Rice Designs. Following half a year of being a stamp-addict, I started my own online scrapbooking supply store. Never been happier to do what I like and share the products that I love to use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #1819  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Everyone! What a great site! I love making scrapbook pages and mini-albums and thought it was time to get into stamping cards and catch up on the 'new' gagdets! Well, new to me! I am from Vancouver BC and look forward to learning from the site and one day submitting my work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #1820  
Cardstock Collector

Default Oneonta area scrappers

I'm new to SCS. Is there anyone in the Oneonta area who wants to get together to scrap? Many of the local 'groups' are full. Looking for others who are addicted and need to scrap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #1821  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Hi Sharnette

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharnetteForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi, Sonjia..welcome aboard. I agree with Kayne....Your english is fine. SCS is an awesome thing. I love it here. so much to see, and do. I am not on here alot, because I can get very addicted to it, lol....but I do spend some time here. I try to limit it, lol.....anyway...welcome aboard.....
Thank youSharnette

Wel i am trying now to learn more about the english with a little help from
Kayne,wonderful that she has lived in the Netherlands,so maby she wil learn me a little bit more to wright better.
But thats not only why i`m here at scs.I already told"you al make such creative wonerful things" and because i always was a scrap page girlie for about then years and stopt with that i`m trying to learn more about your technieks on making cards bags etc etc.

by by for now
have a lovely day.
Sonja x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #1822  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Thank youSharnette

Kayne,wonderful that she has lived in the Netherlands,so maby she wil learn me a little bit more to wright better.
But thats not only why i`m here at scs.I already told"you al make such creative wonerful things" and because i always was a scrap page girlie for about then years and stopt with that i`m trying to learn more about your technieks on making cards bags etc etc.

by by for now
have a lovely day.
Sonja x
Sonja Hi! If you check your browser and use Google or Windows Live, there is a translate option, you can set it to translate what you want to read or write! That would be a huge help to you I think, this is a wonderful site!
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #1823  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharnetteForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi, Everyone...My name is Sharnette. I live in Newtown, Connecticut. Is there anyone in the area that would like to plan and get together each month and do stuff. I am looking for some other people to craft with, right now I am making cards and stuff at a table in my bedroom while watching t.v. by myself. It gets to be lonely.
Ditto, only I am not anywhere near you in CT and I am housebound on oxygen so I am not reliable. I am a lone stamper, paper artist too. I am so thankful for sites like this! I miss seeing people and getting out so much. My DH comes home late and other than that I basically only see my doctors, it is very lonely.
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #1824  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Thank youSharnette

by by for now
have a lovely day.
Sonja x
I just checked from me to you is 90 miles in CT! ouch I think if your search your area or look up rubber stamp stores, Michaels, ACMoore etc you will find alot in your area where they have classes and groups. We have nothing here.
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #1825  
Cardstock Collector

Default Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnalbForums at Splitcoaststampers
Sonja Hi! If you check your browser and use Google or Windows Live, there is a translate option, you can set it to translate what you want to read or write! That would be a huge help to you I think, this is a wonderful site!
Donna
Hi Donna

Thanks for your help
I was mailing with kayne only she is not ansering
Hope there is nothing wrong with here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #1826  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey my name is Meghan, and I`m new to Split Coast Stampers, I`ve been scrapbooking for 12 years and just started card making. I`m considering becoming a stampin up demonstrator, and am applying to work at a local craft store as I`ve been off work sick and need a change. Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I plan on adding some more photographs of my work this week sometime. Take Care and bye for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #1827  
Cardstock Collector

Default Meghan

Welcome Meghan. I'm quite new here too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #1828  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Teresa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #1829  
Cardstock Collector

My name is Jóna (Yona) and I´m from Iceland. I´m new to SCS and completely lost in here lol
I´m a DT member for Digi Doodle Shop an I love it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #1830  
Inking Addict

I am so excited. I signed up today to become a Stampin Up Demonstrator. I have been buying SU for over 5 years. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to get my kit.

"Love a Fireman! I do!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #1831  
Cardstock Collector

Hi! I'm also new here and did a search to find forums and it brought me to you! My name is Bindy and I live in California. I have been rubber stamping for about 14 years now and love scrapbooking too. I am looking forward to learning and sharing techniques with other stampers. This is going to be so much fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #1832  
Cardstock Collector

Hello Hello Hello! I consider myself new even though I've been around since 2008. I've just become "active" these last few months by posting some of my cards in my gallery, and now I'm ready to start participating in the forums. I've made so many wonderful friends in the blog world and don't want to miss out on any wonderful relationships here! I'm sooo looking forward to meeting more happy ink and rubber addicts, like myself, and sharing ideas and smiles Yay for new beginnings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #1833  
Cardstock Collector

Default New from Ohio

I am new here and a new Demonstrator, i will get my kit this next week...Can't wait! i am Christina and I am from Ohio....I am so excited but a little nervous. I have been Scrapbooking for about 6 yrs and went Digital about 4 yrs ago, but I love the hands on more...Went to my first Demonstration a cpl. weeks ago and I am hooked...Looking forward to my first workshop and learning some great techniques from here. I have watched several of the videos and can't wait to try some of them..Hope to get to know some of you thanks Christina aka Bluevelvet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #1834  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jóna A;17535608 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17535 608******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
My name is Jóna (Yona) and I´m from Iceland. I´m new to SCS and completely lost in here lol
I´m a DT member for Digi Doodle Shop an I love it
I might have posted this comment on the wrong place ? I am just new here at SCS and very lost.

I am getting email saying:
"bluevelvet has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Are you a new demonstrator or new to SCS? - in the Start Here! forum of Splitcoaststampers." ........... "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Splitcoaststampers"

I'm not sure what this mean.
Jóna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #1835  
Cardstock Collector

Hi, My name is Mandy and I have been hanging out at SCS for a while and am ready to join in the fun. I am a stay at home mom and have been stamping and scrapping for about five years. It seems like a great place to learn and meet some great people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #1836  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Welcome, Mandy! This is definitely a fun place with lots of inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #1837  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

When you post in a thread, you are usually automatically "subscribed" to the thread, which means you will receive e-mail notifications when someone replies to the thread. You can change this by clicking "my subscriptions" on the left and you can remove the threads so they won't send you e-mails anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jóna AForums at Splitcoaststampers
I might have posted this comment on the wrong place ? I am just new here at SCS and very lost.

I am getting email saying:
"bluevelvet has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Are you a new demonstrator or new to SCS? - in the Start Here! forum of Splitcoaststampers." ........... "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Splitcoaststampers"

I'm not sure what this mean.
Jóna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #1838  
Cardstock Collector

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDragonLady;17633829 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17633 829******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17633 829******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17633 829******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17633 829******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17633 829******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************17633 829******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
When you post in a thread, you are usually automatically "subscribed" to the thread, which means you will receive e-mail notifications when someone replies to the thread. You can change this by clicking "my subscriptions" on the left and you can remove the threads so they won't send you e-mails anymore.
Ok, thanks GreenDragonLady. This is just automatically answer ), and I though I had put in statement that I was a demonstrator for some one lol

Last edited by Jóna A; 11-30-2010 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #1839  
Cardstock Collector

Talking

Ok, thanks GreenDragonLady. This is just automatically answer ), and I though I had put in statement that I was a demonstrator for some one lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #1840  
Cardstock Collector

Sorry, small mistake
Reply With Quote Likes