Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #481  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,024 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Thanks Lynn, great suggestions, and we are doing both those things. I am on the prayer chain at church, and they regularly let us know of a need. I thought when time comes I will put it out what we have if someone needs it. Also, we Talked to several agents to choose the one we want. We found one we really like and have decided to work with her and she is coming tomorrow to take photos. I have my house so clean now. Hope I can keep it that way. Of course, there will be less crafting right now, as I cannot craft and keep the room clean! It is going to be an adventure! We have been here 20 years. Eek!

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #482  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Sharon we thought about moving to an apartment nearer the beach but some for the price are so tiny its put me off the idea, steve said the problem is we need an extra room just for my craft stuff, I don’t envy you boxing all your crafty stuff for the move as I’m guessing you have much more than I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #483  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts
Default my S2S18J

I have been totally aware that Easter is approaching and have only today started to make cards.
Here is one using the challenge technique. I've spent some time catching up on the thread ladies! I always enjoy learning what you all are up to.

I totally enjoyed our friend for 6 days - lots of crafting. I made some Julie Nutting dolls, still need to make tags for them. I also made 4 cards to send in to Take Ten. If I didn't tell you already, I got two cards published in the current issue.

There are issues here - the plumbing pipes to the septic stopped up. Roto-Rooter said there are roots and I am waiting for them to use the camera to find out to what extent and what the cost will be. The fence people will be out in the next couple of days to replace the side next to the new construction next door that what broken by the workers. At least the construction company is paying for that.

Here is the card: S2S18J Easter Cross on Roses by AnniePanda - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #484  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 903 Likes on 574 Posts

So I typed a big message... Some how I deleted it!

Tip for those down sizing...
Towels and ratty blanket to the local animal shelter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #485  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Diet tips. Effective way to lose weight. I have lost 6 pounds already with this method.1) start by inhaling lots of the flu virus
2) cough, cough, cough until your chest muscles are in extreme pain (lots of exercise)
3) keep your body temperature above normal for several days (uses up extra calories)
4) cough some more until you just can't stand the taste of food
5) shorter and more frequent naps. Your sleep total will still be normal as you have 24 hours in which to reach it
Results: lost 6 pounds in a week.
Warning. Do not attempt to do this at home, as the side effects are weak muscles, energy loss, and social isolation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #486  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Ina! I am so sorry! I hope your muscle strength and energy comes back quickly!Rest, rest, rest! This flu has gotten a lot of people this year!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #487  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
where did you immigrate from, Jayne? yes, I've lost a lot of stuff over the years - stuff I didn't think I'd need anymore. Then I matured and often find myself saying 'I wish I still had..."

Hi Kelly, I emigrated from the UK many many years ago....and married an Aussie :rolleyes:;)...he's gorgeous LOL. Happy day
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #488  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I didn�t know everything was so dusty! LOL. I have cleaned things that haven�t been cleaned in maybe 10 years! That is about the time I retired, and I think I retired from everything! LOL
Happy week- end everyone!

Sharon I also think when I retired I retired from house chores...LOL. I used to be such a clean freak when I worked long hours in the corporate world and I don't know how I managed to keep our home/garden and 3 boys all running efficiently including with their after school and weekend sporting events. Gosh we must have been fit and organised then...:rolleyes:

Now we try and do our house chores on a Monday (if I don't have my craft group or other commitments ;)) and today we just went..."nope, it can wait and is clean enough"....I would never have accepted to do this years ago.

As for dusting...I do the dusting in the main rooms downstairs that we use but my craft room and study get dusted maybe once a year :rolleyes: There's way too much stuff to move. I have a friend who tells me that a clean house is the sign of a boring person...I used to think...gosh I hope she doesn't think that of me LOL...

Now we cram so much into our days that we don't seem to have time to do everything. Even with my resting the past few weeks, I have found the days have just disappeared and I cannot believe that it's mid March already.

We love retirement.....we still love travelling but are only early 60s...we also know that our long haul trips to the UK/US/Canada will need to be done in the next 5-10 years as we are finding them harder. Hubby also wants to go travelling in a camper van around Australia and then just return to the UK/Europe to places where we aren't moving around much. We love cruising and try and fit in 1 per year and think we will just keep doing those.

I like your idea of downsizing. We thought we had downsized but are finding this house too big for us. :rolleyes: We only use the downstairs mostly.

Unfortunately as we age, we need to be realistic and move to somewhere that is manageable for 1 person if something happens unexpectedly. I've seen friends lose their hubbies and find themselves in a huge home and then relocate to retirement villages. They haven't looked back and one friend has even found love again...so sweet...aged 73. I think if I were on my own, it would be the last thing I would be looking for :rolleyes:.....I always say to hubby I wouldn't find another good one like him...LOL.

Happy day my SCS friend...hugs
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #489  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
oh forgot. Speak to the Church as well... when I was in Vancouver.. my son was ready for a big boy bedroom... I was talking to someone at church and they told me about a single mom who was having a hard time. we delivered all the furniture and the linens for the bed..even the drapes...I was told they were very happy...I never got to meet them as it was an abusive situation and she was in hiding.

Good advice regarding the real estate agent...ours was so good when we sold our last home and she said to declutter, and we had things thrown, boxed and replaced or hidden in the garage LOL. We bought new cushions for indoors and the outdoor furniture and I put new plant pots out and candles and made it all look like something in a home & garden magazine....LOL...I said to hubby, how come we never did this the 12 years we lived here :rolleyes: It looked so nice I didn't want to sell but did and very quickly. By decluttering furniture we made the rooms look more spacious.

I also used to give quite a lot of things to the local domestic violence refuge place, but now they won't collect and someone told me recently that they now will only take certain items. We wanted to give them a beautiful pine dining room table/chairs that were like new and they wouldn't take them, so 2nd son has them in his garage collecting dust and now they look as though they need to be dumped :rolleyes: I will always try and find someone who needs things before I dump them....I can't be bothered selling on eBay or the local sites....I feel happier just giving away to someone.

Happy day and good to have the old Lynn back
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2018, 12:08 AM   #490  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn those cards are awesome...love the shaker card....I wonder if that will be a VSN challenge card LOL.

Ina, you had me ROFL at your diet plan although I am very sorry to hear that you have had to go through this. As Sharon says, rest, rest, rest and drink lots of water. Flu is so debilitating. Take care. Sending hugs
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #491  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S18K 'March break destinations'

This week (or next week) is a school break in Canada and the US. Families go to fun destinations. Last year, i went skiing in Taos, New Mexico with my son and his family. This year my son has gone to Cosumel (who knew it was an island?) If you were planning a March break vacation, where would you go? Show us on a card. Will it be a tropical island, a mountain resort, a specific city for shopping or teatre, or where would you go. No sample this week. I am just happy to be out of bed today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #492  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday ladies....Ina, good to see you back again and good to hear that you are out of bed. Thank you for the challenge.

March is one of our loveliest months...well it used to be, but today it is 38 degrees and soooooooooooo hot that I am wilting and wondering again where Autumn is. We usually try and stay home during this month, otherwise we head down south of our State to visit my MIL as it's cooler (usually) where she lives. Sometimes we take our golf clubs and play a few courses so I may incorporate that somehow into a card as I do need a masculine card and the person plays golf lots ;)

Have fun everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #493  
Stazon Splitcoast

Still a mess!

Throwing snow at Jayne!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2018, 01:44 AM   #494  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Didn't catch the snow Lynn...but hubby has put the aircon on, so much cooler.

I thought I'd share some photos of our local beach with you....not my photos....we are approx. 500m from the beach path which is beautiful to walk along...if I could LOL :rolleyes: Some of you may have already seen them on another thread, so I apologise for the double-up.

We are to the left of the carpark....way left...we used to look at sand dunes behind us and watch the kangaroos hop on the tops, but now we rarely see them as more homes are built. Occasionally they hop into our park in the middle of the night which is wonderful to see, even if they are considered pests here by some people. Happy looking

get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-18-2018 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2018, 06:22 AM   #495  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Gorgeous pictures, Jayne. I could visit there. LOL Cold here, too but our 31*F is the total opposite of you. I started the wood burner yesterday to take the chill off the house so the electric back-up wouldn't kick on all the time.

Sun is shining and they say our temps are going to move upward. 70s by this time next week. Geez!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #496  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jayne, those photos are absolutely gorgeous. They give me a bit of an idea where you live, and it looks like somewhere I would love to visit. Australia has always been on my wish list, but with so much family in Holland, and grandkids in Texas, that's where my travel $ priorities are. And I am losing the opportunity to visit my niece, as she finishes her studies at Sydney university this summer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #497  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jayne, what a beautiful place you live and so near the sea, gorgeous. today it’s howling with wind and raining, awful and we see the temperatures at home at 26c!We live about 15 mins drive from the seafront, lots of restaurants and cafes and a paved seafront that is 1km long, I miss our morning walks in The sun as they only have a small path along the beach here although they have a lovely beach we are used to really warm sea water, here it’s freezing all year round.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #498  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok.. grumpy came over and helped me out...the decision is to time shift and hopefully reboot me. So for at least the next 10 days I may be on Aussie time. I will most likely be very analytical...more like Sheldon from the big bang theory.

Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #499  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday everyone and thank you for your kind comments on the photos of where we live. We don't appreciate it enough and I think that happens...you can become complacent and I know we have. We just take it all for granted and so I need to keep reminding myself of how lucky I am knowing where I came from and had very little.

Jan, further down the coast there are heaps of cafes/restaurants overlooking the beach and people in our suburb are petitioning for more here as the prices at this cafe are way over the top. I don't go in the ocean...just to paddle and haven't walked on the beach for years which is so sad as there are beautiful stretches further down the coast and near us. The beach is the way of life here for many but for us we have chosen other hobbies, such as golf and me craft. We try and walk the beach path as often as we can and on some days it is so busy as the suburb grows.

I would love to see photos of where you all live. I don't usually post where I live but it's not as though it's my address LOL.

Happy day everyone and I wish you lots of happiness today
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #500  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It's another day here and I see no-one was online yesterday......I have way too much time on my hands at present LOL

Happy Thursday everyone....it's cooler here today at 26 degrees...definitely Autumn weather.

My plans are to create today....hubby has been informed

Have fun
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #501  
Stazon Splitcoast

I breezed through yesterday, Jayne. Was determined to have a productive business day getting my author blog back in order. Formulating that led to another project and before I knew it the day was gone.

I've done music business this morning, set up a blog post on embroidery using SU stamps and now need to do some outside stuff before naptime sets in. 70*F+ today and i'm going to nap through most of it. Have an author book launch party tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #502  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies, having a quiet day, been celebrating DIL s birthday, we had a Chinese meal on Wednesday evening, the weather here is still rainy and cool, we went shopping yesterday and had coffee and cakes, naughty but nice, came out to find it pouring with rain so got a rather wet. getting back to the car, so much for sunny CA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #503  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Morning ladies, having a quiet day, been celebrating DIL s birthday, we had a Chinese meal on Wednesday evening, the weather here is still rainy and cool, we went shopping yesterday and had coffee and cakes, naughty but nice, came out to find it pouring with rain so got a rather wet. getting back to the car, so much for sunny CA

I just found out a couple of years ago how cold it is in SF. I always thought sunny CA., too. NOT! Even one year in the Summer we were in San Diego and had to buy sweatshirts we were so cold! But sounds like you are having a good time despite the weather! We have sailed twice out of SF and loved it. Love going under the GG bridge, and sailing by Alcatraz. So fun!
Have you ever toured Alcatraz? That would be interesting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #504  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I breezed through yesterday, Jayne. Was determined to have a productive business day getting my author blog back in order. Formulating that led to another project and before I knew it the day was gone.

I've done music business this morning, set up a blog post on embroidery using SU stamps and now need to do some outside stuff before naptime sets in. 70*F+ today and i'm going to nap through most of it. Have an author book launch party tonight.
Kelly, nice here today, but windy! High 70s and the wind is 40MPH. And dry. We haven't had any rain in months and months. Jan-we need that rain you are having in SF!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #505  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I just found out a couple of years ago how cold it is in SF. I always thought sunny CA., too. NOT! Even one year in the Summer we were in San Diego and had to buy sweatshirts we were so cold! But sounds like you are having a good time despite the weather! We have sailed twice out of SF and loved it. Love going under the GG bridge, and sailing by Alcatraz. So fun!
Have you ever toured Alcatraz? That would be interesting.

We went on the Alcatraz tour a few years ago. It�s was amazing, did you see the documentary recently about the men who escaped?

I loved sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge, it was early morning but we set the alarm so we could see it, I guess this place is like a second home so I always feel quite sentimental when I see it now.
we used to sail back to Germany when we lived there and could see the white cliffs of Dover as we left Port, always made me sad, I still get upset saying goodbye to our family but when we drive off the boat at Bilboa and know we are on our way home I feel excited even though it�s a ten hour drive, just being in Spain feels like home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #506  
Stazon Splitcoast

well, I broke the bank today. an acquaintance is selling off her personal set of stamps from a company she used to own called 'RootStamps'. They specialized in creating stamps that brought genealogy and scrapbooking together. This is the first round I'll purchase from her. The next will be in about 3 months. I'll pull the ones I want then put the rest in to groups for eBay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #507  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kelly, nice here today, but windy! High 70s and the wind is 40MPH. And dry. We haven't had any rain in months and months. Jan-we need that rain you are having in SF!
We hit 78* here yesterday... Today we barely cracked 54* And it's been cold and damp. We've had misty stuff but we could see thunderstorms tonight.

I'm so ready for spring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #508  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had planned to craft this afternoon but this damp weather just goes straight to the bone. All I want is a hot bubble tub then curl up with a book and hope for a warmer day tomorrow. I am writing again so that helps. I feel as if I'm accomplishing something. I should have a book out by first part of November.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #509  
Stazon Splitcoast

Poor grumpy.. he took me out for groceries.. told me it was like being with a 5year old...I kept putting Easter candy in the cart and he kept taking it out...poor guy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 12:50 AM   #510  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday and St Patricks Day everyone. Are you wearing green? I have just realised I am and it wasn't planned

It's cooler here today...around 26 I think...much nicer.

I saw my last post saying I was going to create...well that didn't pan out as my hubby took ill with a severe migraine and nausea again. I was very worried about him and especially as he had received some "not so good" news that afternoon. They found his brain :rolleyes: but also noticed that he has a problem with his carotid artery and has an intramural haematoma and is on blood thinners. He had an angiogram yesterday and we are awaiting the results to find out what the next steps are.

We are in a bit of a shock as my hubby is a young 60 year old and fit....played sport, never smoked and only drinks socially.....but sometimes we don't know what is going on in the body and which may be hereditary. He says he feels as though he is a ticking time bomb but today he is good. We have pretty much bombed out the past 2 days as he hasn't slept much, nor me, and I currently feel like a zombie.

I had good intentions to create today and even set my table up with everything ready to go, but after brekkie and food shopping and doing some paperwork for hubby, that has been all I could manage so far and soon it will be dinner time. I wonder where the hours have gone.

Tomorrow the poppets are dropping in to see us and hopefully then I will find some time to play.

Oh, I did finish a book, something I haven't done for a couple of months...so that was one achievement, and have another one ready to go.

Kelly, do you write fiction or non-fiction? I love reading and would love to write but my grammar isn't that great. I write as I speak. A lot of my friends have tried to encourage me over the years as I do a travel blog on my FB and they all say they love reading it as they find it so funny...I try to put a lot of humour into my writing...the eternal clown I am.

Happy day everyone and hope you all find time to do something that brings you joy
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 01:46 AM   #511  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jayne - more (((hugs))) to you!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #512  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Oh Kelly, good for you, a book to be published! You must share all the details when this come about. Years ago I sold magazine articles and always wanted to do something with my fiction but didn't. Now it is all I can do to keep up with comments on Splitcoast - lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #513  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
Oh Kelly, good for you, a book to be published! You must share all the details when this come about. Years ago I sold magazine articles and always wanted to do something with my fiction but didn't. Now it is all I can do to keep up with comments on Splitcoast - lol
My first book came out as an eBook - will be 4 years ago this June.
the link is on my author blog The Writers Studio

I can't wait another 2+ years to see a book in print so I'm going the Indie-publishing route. Many of my writer friends have been indie-publishing for some time and doing quite well.. while making a decent check. Publishers want 45% or more and you do all the work. Doesn't seem fair.

I used to sell to Polymer Cafe magazine before they closed. I had one feature and a regular 'Last Word' editorial column.

Last year I sold multiple articles to Saddlebag Dispatches magazine. They can all be read for free on-line www.saddlebagdispatches.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #514  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Poor grumpy.. he took me out for groceries.. told me it was like being with a 5year old...I kept putting Easter candy in the cart and he kept taking it out...poor guy
Bob puts stuff in the buggy he/ we don't need and I ask him 'how old are you again?'

He proudly holds up 4 fingers and tells me in a child-like voice he is 4 years old. Yep.. I believe it some days
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #515  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Happy Saturday and St Patricks Day everyone. Are you wearing green? I have just realised I am and it wasn't planned

It's cooler here today...around 26 I think...much nicer.

I saw my last post saying I was going to create...well that didn't pan out as my hubby took ill with a severe migraine and nausea again. I was very worried about him and especially as he had received some "not so good" news that afternoon. They found his brain :rolleyes: but also noticed that he has a problem with his carotid artery and has an intramural haematoma and is on blood thinners. He had an angiogram yesterday and we are awaiting the results to find out what the next steps are.

We are in a bit of a shock as my hubby is a young 60 year old and fit....played sport, never smoked and only drinks socially.....but sometimes we don't know what is going on in the body and which may be hereditary. He says he feels as though he is a ticking time bomb but today he is good. We have pretty much bombed out the past 2 days as he hasn't slept much, nor me, and I currently feel like a zombie.

I had good intentions to create today and even set my table up with everything ready to go, but after brekkie and food shopping and doing some paperwork for hubby, that has been all I could manage so far and soon it will be dinner time. I wonder where the hours have gone.

Tomorrow the poppets are dropping in to see us and hopefully then I will find some time to play.

Oh, I did finish a book, something I haven't done for a couple of months...so that was one achievement, and have another one ready to go.

Kelly, do you write fiction or non-fiction? I love reading and would love to write but my grammar isn't that great. I write as I speak. A lot of my friends have tried to encourage me over the years as I do a travel blog on my FB and they all say they love reading it as they find it so funny...I try to put a lot of humour into my writing...the eternal clown I am.

Happy day everyone and hope you all find time to do something that brings you joy
Will keep hubby in my prayers. Taking things one step at a time is all you can do.

As to your question, I write Fiction and non-fiction.. and have been published in both. I have a music blog that features artist interviews/ cd reviews. I have a blog that is more about going & doing in the Ozarks.. so a travel blog of sorts. I have a weightloss blog, my author blog, my SU blog and my regular creative blog.

I'd love to sell the music stuff but the music magazines are few and they don't want to pay for the work. No thank you. I can run my own blog, reach tons of fans and meet super cool people. Some I've even become friends with over the past 25+ years.

Read my reply to Joyce will catch you up on the rest with links.

You might think about a blog for your travel stuff. As you can see, I'm a blogger to the hilt :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #516  
Stazon Splitcoast

on a lunch break. I want to get this one area in the studio straightened up before I start crafting. Stupid Asian Beetles. I despise those critters. I know Mother Earth has a purpose for all animals but I wish she'd keep these outside!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #517  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

on a lunch break. I want to get this one area in the studio straightened up before I start crafting. Stupid Asian Beetles. I despise those critters. I know Mother Earth has a purpose for all animals but I wish she'd keep these outside!
Ugh. Asian Lady Beetles or ladybugs. They covered and I mean covered entire outside walls of a log cabin I lived in. Then the came inside. I vacuumed and vacuumed. OMG - the stink! That was nearly 25 years ago. I know these two may not be the same thing, but I do not do ladybug stamps either. :rolleyes:

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #518  
Stazon Splitcoast

Very analytical right now... This may help organize my crap room ... I am doing one little word this year.. I need to organize the cards before the cat eats them all and think this might work... Canadian link

ANTONIUS Basket insert - IKEA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #519  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone and happy creating or whatever you choose to do.

Kelly thanks for the info on your writing and blogs...I will check them out when I have a min.

Today hasn't gone to plan either and I'm quickly catching up on this site before I head out again today. My DIL invited me to go shopping with her and the poppets to get outfits for them for the wedding. We found some things and little Em looks more like a bridesmaid than a guest LOL.

Happy day....
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #520  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
Ugh. Asian Lady Beetles or ladybugs. They covered and I mean covered entire outside walls of a log cabin I lived in. Then the came inside. I vacuumed and vacuumed. OMG - the stink! That was nearly 25 years ago. I know these two may not be the same thing, but I do not do ladybug stamps either. :rolleyes:
We normally only deal with them in the fall - Indian Summer - when it's really warm but this year they have hung around ALL winter. Of course the 3 walls of my studio not attached to the house are East/ South/ West so I get them all day long. Seriously, yesterday I vacuumed everything up around one area, turned off the vacuum and there they were crawling all over the window. Grrr. LOL Kinda sucks the creativity out of you. Thankfully hubby understands why after having a 480 sq. ft. office built for me, I still work at the dining room table when he's gone.
Reply With Quote Likes