Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/)
-   -   HYCCT15 Prize Drawing Thread - opens Monday, November 16th! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/hycct15-prize-drawing-thread-opens-monday-november-16th-605329/)

Covington Crafter 11-24-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 21124149)
The hardest part of the 32 bananza was having to stop!!!! That was a fun question.

What she said!!!! :D

FayeMakesCards 11-24-2015 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the embossing folder that I am wanting...and no it isn't one of the 3 that I purchased today at Black Friday on Tuesday at JoAnn's!

If someone knows the brand name that would be great.

Sorry its white but that's the color I was sent.

poppydarling 11-24-2015 05:31 PM

I put my favorites into a text document, numbered them, copied and pasted that text into the box and it took all of them! At least, it looks like it did ::fingers crossed:: Many of the posters above are on my list :-)

muscrat 11-24-2015 05:32 PM

I forgot to congratulate the last set of winners! But I did go leave love on theirs awesome cards!

muscrat 11-24-2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarling (Post 21124164)
I put my favorites into a text document, numbered them, copied and pasted that text into the box and it took all of them! At least, it looks like it did ::fingers crossed:: Many of the posters above are on my list :-)

Now that was brilliant!

T. Joy 11-24-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21124162)
Here is the embossing folder that I am wanting...and no it isn't one of the 3 that I purchased today at Black Friday on Tuesday at JoAnn's!

Oooo - I like that one!

FayeMakesCards 11-24-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21124115)
Just put in the ones you DO know and love!

Put in 17, hit submit and promptly thought of another...

I don't do well with listing people, I always forget someone...

muscrat 11-24-2015 05:40 PM

Go back and add that one. it let me add others so I did two or three at a time.

stampin'nana 11-24-2015 05:40 PM

I just finished posting my 32 favorite SCS names! Now that was a Chore!!!!!

Precious Kitty 11-24-2015 05:53 PM

I know I know

It took me a long time too - and there are just so many people I just love here on SCS!! I didn't have a problem picking 32 people!!

Scraperwannabe 11-24-2015 06:25 PM

I put 32 in the box & thought of more once I got going.

muscrat 11-24-2015 06:25 PM

Its almost past my bedtime! Talk to you tomorrow!

melissa59 11-24-2015 06:41 PM

I wish I could have put in 52 or maybe 62.

StampinAK 11-24-2015 06:50 PM

I got a little carried away and listed about 40, but backed down to 32 per Lydia's request! So much talent in the SCS Gallery!

melissa59 11-24-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21124110)
I don't know the names of 32 SCSers...
This is a very difficult question...and probably won't get answered by me.

If you spend much time in the forums, I bet you know more than 32 but just don't think you do. I have a terrible (and I mean really, really bad) memory for names so I had to look up some people by searching for their avatar. I kept thinking of avatars of people who no longer post that I remember from a few years back, before I took my big crafting break. (Guy from Firefly; purple rock concert; woman sitting on a motorcycle) One name that I do recall is Ravioligirl. If anyone is still in contact with her tell her I said "hi!"

muscrat 11-24-2015 07:34 PM

Having trouble sleeping. I stayed up to watch DWTS finale. It was good. Bindi Irwin is such a joy as a person and a dancer. So now I'm rocking myself to sleep in the rocker/recliner!

octoberbabe 11-24-2015 07:47 PM

I am so bummed that I have not had time to chat in this thread. It is a busy time of year for me. Tax season, lots of calculating and closing year end books & payroll. Then throw in Thanksgiving & Xmas shopping.............and I'm "stressed" ladies. It's all I can do to keep up with the challenges. And that keeps me grounded :) Congrats to all of the latest winners :):):)

stamp300 11-24-2015 08:36 PM

Hello ladies....I've been working from home & found out I won a prize. I don't see my name on the list though so not sure what I've won.

Congrats to all the winners.

stamp300 11-24-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21124162)

This looks like a Darice folder if you got it at Joanns.

melissa59 11-24-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21124230)
One name that I do recall is Ravioligirl. If anyone is still in contact with her tell her I said "hi!"

I just learned that Ravioligirl (Beverly) has passed away from cancer. It makes me so very sad to learn this news. I am often surprised at how "virtual" friends in cyberspace can have such a profound "real life" affect on us.

Bev gifted me a beautiful stamps set in 2011, one that I used in this year's HYCCT challenge. I did not like the way the card turned out, so I think I'll dig out the stamp next week and make one that I like better, a card in honor of Ravioligirl.

stamp300 11-24-2015 08:58 PM

Sending prayers your way Melissa, sorry to hear of the news.

stamp300 11-24-2015 09:23 PM

Oh my goodness, this is harder than I thought to get 32 names in the box.

stamp300 11-24-2015 09:52 PM

I took the test & listed my 32 names with commas in between.

LuvLee 11-24-2015 10:17 PM

{{{Melissa}}} I agree, and I'm so sorry for such a loss.

Cook22 11-24-2015 11:08 PM

I can't post my favourite people to the drawing-sheet till after work - my smart-phone is locked in boot mode:-(, and my third-last phone isn't up to much. But when I saw Lydia's latest drawing-sheet last night, I too was thinking of Ravioligirl as someone I would have listed. I have a stamp on my desk, from her, that I intended to use for a HYCCT card; even though I knew I wouldn't make queen status this year, I fully intended to make a card in her memory as I had done the previous two years. No card :-(, but with the stamp on my desk I often thought of her - and Charlene (LilLuvsStampin). She would have been in my list too...What a great idea, Lydia! In the wakeful hours of the night I had a good time thinking of people who contribute in different ways - behind the scenes, making helpful and informative posts on the threads, in the gallery...

FayeMakesCards 11-25-2015 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21124230)
If you spend much time in the forums, I bet you know more than 32 but just don't think you do. I have a terrible (and I mean really, really bad) memory for names so I had to look up some people by searching for their avatar. I kept thinking of avatars of people who no longer post that I remember from a few years back, before I took my big crafting break. (Guy from Firefly; purple rock concert; woman sitting on a motorcycle) One name that I do recall is Ravioligirl. If anyone is still in contact with her tell her I said "hi!"

Some people are introverts in groups...and insecurity makes posting cards in the gallery and participating in challenges a bit more difficult than one cares to admit...

Know me in real life and after a long while I might get to know you...and then again...I might stay in my own corner of life which is safe...

Sad to hear that you didn't know someone had died...sadly people in cyberspace seem to disappear and I don't know how to contact them once they are gone...reality of cyberspace relationships I've found.

kyann22 11-25-2015 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21124365)
Some people are introverts in groups...and insecurity makes posting cards in the gallery and participating in challenges a bit more difficult than one cares to admit...

Know me in real life and after a long while I might get to know you...and then again...I might stay in my own corner of life which is safe...

I can very much relate to this and my husband even more so. We are both very introverted but I do try to force myself to be social. I usually plan things and then freak out last minute and wish I hadn't though. I got where leaving the house was difficult but I'm doing better now. Hugs.

FayeMakesCards 11-25-2015 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22 (Post 21124389)
I can very much relate to this and my husband even more so. We are both very introverted but I do try to force myself to be social. I usually plan things and then freak out last minute and wish I hadn't though. I got where leaving the house was difficult but I'm doing better now. Hugs.

100% understand...and my husband is even more so too...

UnderstandBlue 11-25-2015 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21124300)
I just learned that Ravioligirl (Beverly) has passed away from cancer. It makes me so very sad to learn this news. I am often surprised at how "virtual" friends in cyberspace can have such a profound "real life" affect on us.

Bev gifted me a beautiful stamps set in 2011, one that I used in this year's HYCCT challenge. I did not like the way the card turned out, so I think I'll dig out the stamp next week and make one that I like better, a card in honor of Ravioligirl.

She was so sweet and we miss her

kyann22 11-25-2015 05:19 AM

I'm excited to see the 32 winners! :)

Today I hope to make pumpkin cream cheese bars, prep for my stuffing, and make the cranberry sauce that I always forget in the refrigerator and end up throwing out. Drying the bread for the stuffing seems to take me so long, so I need to look up a better way to do that.

T. Joy 11-25-2015 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21123463)
Noo - I want to be done before Thanksgiving!

OK.... so if Lydia wants to be done by Thanksgiving, that means that there are going to be a TON of prizes given away today!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

stampin'nana 11-25-2015 05:29 AM

How about that!

ohmypaper! 11-25-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

My husband is VERY introverted. I am middle of the road. Far more outgoing online than IRL! LOL I force us into things though because I know it's good for us. I signed us all up to volunteer for a few hours yesterday and while we were driving I started to mini panic but of course once we were there it was fine! My husband did great too! I totally know what you mean though about planning and then last minute freaking out! :)

Our son is really good about getting out there and doing things which is kind of mind blowing since he is on the spectrum and wouldn't speak or look at people for years. (you would never know it now!)

ohmypaper! 11-25-2015 05:54 AM

Daughter needs new boots in the worst way. Her soles are cracked and her toes are almost showing through soooooo I am off to take her shopping instead of cleaning and making side dishes for tomorrow! I will be eager to stop by and see all the fabulous winners and Lydia, did you mention on the last question you were going to post a list of our fabulous faves? I know I will be thrilled to see many of the names I didn't get on my list.

BBL! :)

mamaxsix 11-25-2015 06:09 AM

Extrovert here, but my DH and the majority of my kids are introverts so I've developed an understanding of what large crowds do to them. My kiddos would come home from a youth event and I'd not see them for a couple of days while they recharged their batteries.
I'm sooooo far behind in getting my house company ready! I only hope my family gets on board the panicked cleaning train with me and gets moving fast! I also overslept this morning since the kids didn't have school so now I'm really behind.
Oh well, they'll eat well even if the surroundings aren't spotless!

Congrats to the latest winners.

Shoe Girl 11-25-2015 06:16 AM

You are so right the virtual world we do make some great friends. Please let me know when you get done with your tribute card.

I am on the road and can't answer the trivia. Good thing as I would have trouble getting it to only 32. Giggles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21124300)

UnderstandBlue 11-25-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

I'm an extrovert who needs a TON of alone time and I'm married to an introvert - so I totally get all that!

FayeMakesCards 11-25-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 21124453)
Oh well, they'll eat well even if the surroundings aren't spotless!

People say they don't care what your house looks like but even the UPS made a comment to me this week...

I think I could eat off the floors in your house!

I laughed...not really because we have a dog and us girls have long hair...not a pleasant mixture with food!

(So does that comment beg any questions? If yes, he has been our UPS man for about 18 years...sorta like a family friend though not really! He does have my cell number, I have his and he has the combination to our garage!) ;)

FayeMakesCards 11-25-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21124523)
I'm an extrovert who needs a TON of alone time and I'm married to an introvert - so I totally get all that!

To be in sales it is a benefit to be an extrovert...there's a reason I didn't make it as a SU demonstrator...I bought a lot but non-consumable items add up quickly and I was slow to notice! :p