Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/)
-   -   HYCCT15 Prize Drawing Thread - opens Monday, November 16th! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/hycct15-prize-drawing-thread-opens-monday-november-16th-605329/)

muscrat 11-25-2015 01:46 PM

OK. So when I refresh it would allow for three more? Am I allowed to keep going? :shock:

stamp300 11-25-2015 01:50 PM

Just got home & I seen all the new Winners. Congratulations. We are having Thanksgiving dinner tonight, so I could probably answer some questions too.

LuvLee 11-25-2015 01:57 PM

I know! ONLY 3????

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...tingsmiley.gif

melissa59 11-25-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin'nana (Post 21124768)
I just got back from a long walk and found out I'm a winner! So happy right now! A $50.00 gift certificate to Flonz! I've never heard of them before, but I'm looking forward to getting to know them! Yay! Thank you so much~

Ooooh, Nice! You are a lucky gal!
I had never heard of them before they became Hope You Can Cling To supporters, either. Since then, I've browsed their site several times. Such lovely vintage stamps! They have some vintage cars and "sewing pattern cover" fashion ladies that I really want. The prices are reasonable and the shipping charges are the best I've seen--even though they ship all the way from New Zealand! I hope to place an order soon after the holidays.

melissa59 11-25-2015 02:06 PM

I'm not sure who the Dirty Gals are (except when I see Dirty Dozen next to your avatar). That made me realize something. There are a lot of chatty people in this thread (I know that because I see your post counts!) whose names I don't recall seeing around much. Granted, I've only been back on SCS for a few months but I spent a lot of time here a few years ago. That tells me that you all hang out and chat someplace where I don't frequent--and I'm thinking that might be the secret fan club or maybe the challenge threads.

I plan to join the fan club soon and be more involved in the challenges in the coming months. I just want you all to know that it's been fun "meeting" you in this challenge for such a wonderful cause and I hope to see more of you ladies in the future!

UnderstandBlue 11-25-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21124823)
OK. So when I refresh it would allow for three more? Am I allowed to keep going? :shock:

Sure - I'll share the list so add as many as you like - that's more random numbers for meeeeee :)

Shailiekat 11-25-2015 02:23 PM

Wow I stopped in and saw I won a prize from Scorpal... Thank you very much. Does anyone know if the ebosser items work with the bigshot?

berlycece 11-25-2015 02:24 PM

Well, listing 3 dirty dozen girls helped me make up for some omissions on the list of 32 faves.

;)

FayeMakesCards 11-25-2015 02:28 PM

Paranoia makes seeing my incomplete list embarrassing...

Now off to get supper on the table...tis that time...

LuvLee 11-25-2015 02:29 PM

What's everyone doing tonight? We're finishing the thawing of the turkey in a cold water bath, having our son and DIL up to eat the leftovers in the fridge from the week with our out of State company and empty it for tomorrow's leftovers, planning the timing for tomorrow's dishes, laundry, dishes, stalking SCS and watching tv! :lol:

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...yturkeyst2.gif

Julie Gearinger 11-25-2015 02:30 PM

Wow, I have not been able to check this thread this week...thanks Lydia for all of your hard work with the prize drawing!! I am so excited to see that I won $25.00 from Hero Arts- woohoo!! Also, congratulations to the rest of the winners and thank you to all of you who mentioned my name as one of your favorites- you are all an inspiration to me!! Hugs and have a great Thanksgiving!!

stamp300 11-25-2015 02:35 PM

I just picked at all the favorite stampers people listed, I made the list....yay! Looking forward to a little snow tonight only because we don't have to drive anywhere tomorrow, well my hubby does tomorrow night for work. ;)

Stay warm.
Connie

muscrat 11-25-2015 02:35 PM

OK. Lydia's probably sick of seeing my name so often because I listed my favs in threes and listed the ones I CASE a lot! LOL

Scraperwannabe 11-25-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLee (Post 21124859)
What's everyone doing tonight? We're finishing the thawing of the turkey in a cold water bath, having our son and DIL up to eat the leftovers in the fridge from the week with our out of State company and empty it for tomorrow's leftovers, planning the timing for tomorrow's dishes, laundry, dishes, stalking SCS and watching tv! :lol:

My guys keep coming into the kitchen to "help" me. They are supposed to be reviewing video of their practices this week before going to practice. I just asked how them coming in & eating my food was helping. They looked at me & said, "We don't want you to take nasty food, so we are testers." :roll: :roll: They keep coming back for more! :razz:

muscrat 11-25-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 21124867)
My guys keep coming into the kitchen to "help" me. They are supposed to be reviewing video of their practices this week before going to practice. I just asked how them coming in & eating my food was helping. They looked at me & said, "We don't want you to take nasty food, so we are testers." :roll: :roll: They keep coming back for more! :razz:

Boys! Just gotta love them! I have two, all grown, but still full of it! (Mischief, that is!):D

muscrat 11-25-2015 02:41 PM

I made coleslaw today. Peeled the potatoes. Made a card for the tutorial. Did dishes. Vacuumed. Shook out rugs.

T. Joy 11-25-2015 02:43 PM

OK, that last question just made me realize that I never finished commenting on the new cards in the DD gallery for this month. There are some wonderful ones in there!!

melissa59 11-25-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 21124867)
They looked at me & said, "We don't want you to take nasty food, so we are testers." :roll: :roll:

You are a lucky mom to have boys willing to "sacrifice themselves" to make sure you will be serving yummy food. Wish I lived closer. I'd come and help them out.

Scraperwannabe 11-25-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21124876)
You are a lucky mom to have boys willing to "sacrifice themselves" to make sure you will be serving yummy food. Wish I lived closer. I'd come and help them out.

:mrgreen:

Where is SoCal do you live? We are in Chula Vista (San Diego) area 4 or 5 times a year. I just left there Sat when it was 80's for highs.

hotwheels 11-25-2015 03:01 PM

what up? Mom is cooking thanksgiving

hotwheels 11-25-2015 03:06 PM

I wish luck rub off on me!

UnderstandBlue 11-25-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

I think tonight I'll saute the celery and onions for the stuffing, and make cranberries. Then tomorrow I'll finish the stuffing, bake pies and make whipped cream - we don't have to leave for my parents until 1:30 ish so I have time in the AM. I had to work today so I didn't get all the cleaning I wanted to get done done.

Then Friday we are going to do the #optoutside thing and go for a hike or something.

LuvLee 11-25-2015 03:12 PM

Sounds great Lydia! We have a small Thanksgiving at our house tomorrow and the huge Murphy family Thanksgiving at another sibling's house on Saturday!

muscrat 11-25-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21124891)
I think tonight I'll saute the celery and onions for the stuffing, and make cranberries. Then tomorrow I'll finish the stuffing, bake pies and make whipped cream - we don't have to leave for my parents until 1:30 ish so I have time in the AM. I had to work today so I didn't get all the cleaning I wanted to get done done.

Then Friday we are going to do the #optoutside thing and go for a hike or something.

You can make cranberries? You really are awesome!

hotwheels 11-25-2015 03:18 PM

Lydia. are still giving stuffed today? I am so lost today!

muscrat 11-25-2015 03:19 PM

I was home all day and still didn't get the cleaning done that I wanted!

mrslaird 11-25-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21124902)

Ditto!

Tapdancer 11-25-2015 03:23 PM

Wow! My name is listed for a prize from concord and 9th. Not familiar with them but I am super excited! Third year in a row winning a prize. I am a lucky lady. Thank you thank you!!

hotwheels 11-25-2015 03:23 PM

House cleaning done will be going Micheal's tomorrow
Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21124902)

T. Joy 11-25-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21124899)
You can make cranberries? You really are awesome!

LOL!!!!! :D

muscrat 11-25-2015 03:27 PM

I didn't know Michaels was open tomorrow! I guess a lot of stores are open. I won't be anywhere near a store tomorrow! I get claustrophobic in crowds!

ohmypaper! 11-25-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

WEll.....my hubs just went to bed....He works the rest of the week. :(

Our son is out with friends.

Dishes are overflowing and so is laundry due to an all day out on Mon. Volunteering on Tue and taking DD out shopping today! We found her boots for 20.00 and no crazy black Friday lines!!! Yipee! I am about to get up and do dishes and some laundry. Take the potato dish out of the deep freeze. ooops wonder if it will thaw by tomorrow evening?

Guess tomorrow I will make rest of side dishes and we will eat when hubs comes home.

I am with Gail....but at least I don't have company...don't think the house is going to be spotless!

melissa59 11-25-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 21124883)
:mrgreen: Where is SoCal do you live? We are in Chula Vista (San Diego) area 4 or 5 times a year. I just left there Sat when it was 80's for highs.

I'm in Moreno Valley (home of March Air Reserve Base), about 1.5 hours north of Chula Vista via the 215 freeway.

The weather has finally cooled off the past two days. We even had a tiny bit of rain last night.

hotwheels 11-25-2015 03:37 PM

yes 4PM 2 AM[:wink:QUOTE=muscrat;21124911]I didn't know Michaels was open tomorrow! I guess a lot of stores are open. I won't be anywhere near a store tomorrow! I get claustrophobic in crowds![/QUOTE]

ohmypaper! 11-25-2015 03:56 PM

I posted some of my DD faves. There are many more! Still I went over the 3! :) I also didn't include the same names that I had on the other list but many of them would have been on this list too!

NOW I will get up and see what order I can put into things around here!

AnnetteMac 11-25-2015 03:59 PM

I am so far behind in this thread! I have not been able to chat and visit as much as I wanted to. I need to go back and catch up but want to wish all of those in the US a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Somebody have some extra turkey for me, I prefer dark meat.

mamaxsix 11-25-2015 04:18 PM

I could have picked FAR more than three, but I stopped myself. Maybe I'll go back and do another round or two of names!

My dad has arrived; YAY! Everyone else gets in tomorrow and my brother's family will be going straight to the hotel late tonight.

muscrat 11-25-2015 04:33 PM

I did at least four or five rounds of three names!

annsforte3 11-25-2015 04:36 PM

Well, I am cutting veggies, made cheesy potatoes, taco dip, and stuffing is waiting till tomorrow.

Turkey is done and all cut up in the crock pot! Making a ham also.

Doing things very slowly, while having to sit to do everything. My back is about 50% back to normal but touchy.

DH is having to do all the cleaning, something he will do but does not like! One of my DIL is coming tomorrow earlier to help get things out and ready to serve.

Killing me that I had to buy store pies!! All my ingredients are in the pantry not getting used right now. Froze what I could and will be saved for Christmas!

9lbs of apples however are in my frig! No homemade applesauce or pies this year! Health has to come first.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy your families!

melissa59 11-25-2015 04:49 PM

I am so glad several of you picked more than three. The only person who I know is a current Dirty Dozen gal is clownmom. But I'll figure out who the other 11 are very soon.

I took a break from critter sitting today to run home and bake a few dozen chocolate chip cookies. They are my contribution to our simple Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house tomorrow, plus a couple dozen for my son and the two guys in his department who have to work tomorrow. He goes in about 3 a.m. and will get home before noon, so he'll still get to go to my parents with me. But now it's time to head back to my friend's house to give her furbabies some dinner and some love. She has a 6-month old Mini Aussie who is just the sweetest little cuddle bug. I might have to tell my friend that she ran away but I found one just like her that I'm keeping as my own. LOL