Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/)
-   -   HYCCT15 Prize Drawing Thread - opens Monday, November 16th! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/hycct15-prize-drawing-thread-opens-monday-november-16th-605329/)

LuvLee 11-23-2015 08:04 AM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/yaysmiles.gif

T. Joy 11-23-2015 08:11 AM

WooHoo for the newest winners!!! I am supposed to be figuring out my schedule for the week. It is now 11 my time and I haven't even started. :rolleyes: Honestly!!! I cannot come back and check this thread until I have spent 10 minutes in a productive manner... :)

stamp300 11-23-2015 08:17 AM

Good morning & congrats to the newest winners.

edith199 11-23-2015 08:34 AM

congratulations to all the latest winners!! What a GREAT start to your week!!! :D :D :D

edith199 11-23-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 21123165)
WooHoo for the newest winners!!! I am supposed to be figuring out my schedule for the week. It is now 11 my time and I haven't even started. :rolleyes: Honestly!!! I cannot come back and check this thread until I have spent 10 minutes in a productive manner... :)

I hear you.... that's why I stayed away until I had at least accomplished a few things this morning :)

annsforte3 11-23-2015 09:01 AM

Congrats to all the new winners!!

Back is out, going to chiro doc this afternoon! That's what I get for sleeping a lot while I have this bad cold!

Hope to check in later!

mamaxsix 11-23-2015 09:14 AM

Finally taking a breather...continuing on with my Thanksgiving pre-cooking extravaganza. Today we finished up the sweet potato casserole, dried more bread cubes, made pita chips, another batch of granola and my DD peeled and mashed 5 lb of potatoes to start our potato casserole.
I unexpectedly had a concert to attend last night...the church was sending the youth to see For King And Country with Maria Peters. I had a hard time taking off the time to go, but thought it was important to go with the youth and would be a nice break. Unfortunately, after Maria sang and just as the headliner group started, they used a bunch of strobe lights that triggered me into an instant migraine. I spent the rest of the night out in the lobby sick to my stomach with a horrible headache. So much for a relaxing night!

hotwheels 11-23-2015 09:33 AM

Congratulations to the newest winners!!

muscrat 11-23-2015 09:46 AM

Congrats winners! I am working on thanksgiving plans. Finished food planning and shopping. Next is house cleaning!

muscrat 11-23-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 21123218)
Finally taking a breather...continuing on with my Thanksgiving pre-cooking extravaganza. Today we finished up the sweet potato casserole, dried more bread cubes, made pita chips, another batch of granola and my DD peeled and mashed 5 lb of potatoes to start our potato casserole.
I unexpectedly had a concert to attend last night...the church was sending the youth to see For King And Country with Maria Peters. I had a hard time taking off the time to go, but thought it was important to go with the youth and would be a nice break. Unfortunately, after Maria sang and just as the headliner group started, they used a bunch of strobe lights that triggered me into an instant migraine. I spent the rest of the night out in the lobby sick to my stomach with a horrible headache. So much for a relaxing night!

Oh how sad for you. Smells are what triggers DH's migraines. If someone burns leaves he has to stay indoors. Really, smoke in of any kind will do it.

Jo Ann F. 11-23-2015 10:17 AM

I'm thrilled to be chosen as one of the Verve winners! Thanks so much and congrats to all the winners so far!

Covington Crafter 11-23-2015 10:42 AM

Congratulations to all the winners! Just got back from grocery store. Like so many of you, I'm prepping for Thanksgiving. Cranberry sauce done, pie crusts in fridge. Will make the apple pie and pop in freezer, brine my turkey and make mulled wine today. Cooking turkey tomorrow. The whole clan is going to visit grandparents Wednesday, so I've had to back up my schedule one day. Small scale compared to Gail!

Our son and wife fly in Tuesday night from NY, daughter and her family will be here too. Feeling very blessed indeed!!

Crafty Julia 11-23-2015 11:10 AM

congrats to the latest winners! I am enjoying being inside working on crafts- it's cold out there!

jenn47 11-23-2015 11:33 AM

Thanks to everyone who left congrats comments on my card to let me know that I had won a prize! Congrats to the other winners so far and good luck to everyone who has not yet won!

mamaxsix 11-23-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21123234)
Oh how sad for you. Smells are what triggers DH's migraines. If someone burns leaves he has to stay indoors. Really, smoke in of any kind will do it.

Yeah, I can't handle certain scents especially florals. Right before the band started someone nearby us put on either hand sanitizer or lotion and that started me in the headache direction already!

UnderstandBlue 11-23-2015 11:45 AM

How about a trickier site question?

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14qTY53VY14wqcyheT02aHijQVlILZ8TDRqcpGvS-qYE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

eliotstamps 11-23-2015 11:50 AM

checking in to congratulate all the winners! And answer Lydia's new question. I think she's going to be awarding prizes well into December! :)
All of your Thanksgiving prep is making me hungry. I am only making pies this year; apple, cherry and a cranberry curd tart. I always try to bring one new thing/try one new recipe each year to broaden my family's horizons!

Cook22 11-23-2015 11:52 AM

That was a surprise to me to see who had the highest post count!But I do see some familiar faces in the top 50 - including myself ;-).

Kathy LeDonne 11-23-2015 12:22 PM

Woo! Hoo! I'm a winner. Just participating made me a winner, but now I get a prize, too!, Yippee! Skippee!

melissa59 11-23-2015 12:22 PM

Mamasix, I do not know where you get all your energy!
So sorry to hear about the migraines. I used to get them often but never had a single trigger. Most perfumes bother me, especially if there is a mix of scents. Bright flashing lights. Waiting too long to eat. Loud music/loud movie theater. These things sometimes still cause me to have headaches, but the debilitating stomach churning, skull-splitting migraines went away when my doc put me on blood pressure medication a decade ago.

Congrats to all the new winners!
Looking forward to seeing who has the most posts on this site. Surely it is someone who was here from the beginning and continues to post today.

kyann22 11-23-2015 12:44 PM

Can someone come clean my room??? I had a class at my house yesterday and I destroyed it during my prep. Plus I have a few orders I haven't put up and those need to be put in pockets and labeled. Maybe this week while everyone is out fighting over $4 toasters. Lol

We had Santa pictures today and it was so fun. My girl loved it. Our sneak peek is her showing him her Hello Kitty tattoo. She's too funny.

Off to play trains. We have a major Thomas obsession right now. I should probably get some train stamps!
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...42562de0c3.jpg

muscrat 11-23-2015 01:09 PM

I see they must've fixed the thing where people had over 20000000 posts! I really only looked at the highest one since that's all I needed.

FayeMakesCards 11-23-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21123308)
How about a trickier site question?

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14qTY53VY14wqcyheT02aHijQVlILZ8TDRqcpGvS-qYE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

There are 7,405 pages of users on SCS...how does one find the person with the most posts more easily than looking through the 374,726 member list?

T. Joy 11-23-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21123375)
There are 7,405 pages of users on SCS...how does one find the person with the most posts more easily than looking through the 374,726 member list?

Hint: Click "Posts"

Shailiekat 11-23-2015 02:27 PM

Congrats to all the winners... I cant stand the waiting no more.. wake me when it is over heh. I am bummed I will miss everything cus i got to much to do and sales to plan out and Dinners to arrange so wont be able to be here any more. glad I got to participate in a couple of the prize drawings. Good luck everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

muscrat 11-23-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 21123390)

Well now, that's quicker than the way I did it! I went into the membership list and clicked on search and chose by number of posts in descending order, so it started with the highest number. She has enough posts that I don't think that will change while we wait for the answer!:);)

FayeMakesCards 11-23-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. Joy (Post 21123390)

oh my heart! :shock:

FayeMakesCards 11-23-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21123405)
Well now, that's quicker than the way I did it! I went into the membership list and clicked on search and chose by number of posts in descending order, so it started with the highest number. She has enough posts that I don't think that will change while we wait for the answer!:);)

truth :p

UnderstandBlue 11-23-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22 (Post 21123338)
Can someone come clean my room??? I had a class at my house yesterday and I destroyed it during my prep. Plus I have a few orders I haven't put up and those need to be put in pockets and labeled. Maybe this week while everyone is out fighting over $4 toasters. Lol

We had Santa pictures today and it was so fun. My girl loved it. Our sneak peek is her showing him her Hello Kitty tattoo. She's too funny.

Off to play trains. We have a major Thomas obsession right now. I should probably get some train stamps!
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...42562de0c3.jpg

OMG that is the cutest picture!! And I'll come clean your room if Ann will come clean mine!

LuvLee 11-23-2015 04:25 PM

So this time around we are winging up the angels! LOL

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/angel2.gif

UnderstandBlue 11-23-2015 04:39 PM

WINNER POST

Wahoo - Cat's Pajamas in the HOUSE - go leave them some love on Facebook please!

Here are our winners:

Winner #1

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...a368cdc54b.jpg

Winner #2

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...88cfeea831.jpg

Winner #3

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...27a07be15e.jpg

Winner #4

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...71d643d1a8.jpg

Leave some love for these talented peeps!!

Winners - you will receive prize redemption instructions at the conclusion of the prize drawings. Please do not contact sponsors. You will be contacted via PM when all prizes have been given away. :smile:

UnderstandBlue 11-23-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliotstamps (Post 21123309)
checking in to congratulate all the winners! And answer Lydia's new question. I think she's going to be awarding prizes well into December! :)

Noo - I want to be done before Thanksgiving!

I made fruitcakes tonight and MAN does my house smell good.

hotwheels 11-23-2015 04:43 PM

Lydia Are taken the holiday off?

kyann22 11-23-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21123463)
Noo - I want to be done before Thanksgiving!

I made fruitcakes tonight and MAN does my house smell good.

I love fruitcake! People joke about them all the time, but we grew up eating them over the holidays and I still love them. Maybe it's the memories? I bet yours are awesome! I should learn to make them to carry on the family tradition.

UnderstandBlue 11-23-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22 (Post 21123466)
I love fruitcake! People joke about them all the time, but we grew up eating them over the holidays and I still love them. Maybe it's the memories? I bet yours are awesome! I should learn to make them to carry on the family tradition.

It's funny you say that. It's a very sentimental thing for me. My grandfather (larger than life in my mind - a really great man) loved them so much. I don't have a sweet tooth at all, but these fruitcakes and my other holiday baking is very much about the traditions that he loved. Those rituals are so important, I think.

UnderstandBlue 11-23-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 21123465)
Lydia Are taken the holiday off?

I hope to- yes! I love Thanksgiving - it's my fave holiday. So I'm hoping to have a few days off.

kyann22 11-23-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21123470)
It's funny you say that. It's a very sentimental thing for me. My grandfather (larger than life in my mind - a really great man) loved them so much. I don't have a sweet tooth at all, but these fruitcakes and my other holiday baking is very much about the traditions that he loved. Those rituals are so important, I think.

I'm very big on traditions. Jason's family didn't have any and were not very good holiday celebrators, so it's important for me to establish them for our family and make up for what he missed out on. He'd never colored Easter eggs or carved pumpkins until we got together. So sad. We do a lot of my family's holiday traditions and have added a few of our own. He makes homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast every year and takes so much pride in them. :) Even though it's just the three of us, we still make traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners as well.

jeenny2010 11-23-2015 05:12 PM

Thank you Cats Pyjamas for my prize ,thanks to precious kitty letting me know Congrats to all the winners.

cnsteele 11-23-2015 05:14 PM

Woah!!!!! I won something!!!!!! Thank you!!! I am off to leave some love to The Cat's Pajamas. I am so excited!

scootsv 11-23-2015 05:30 PM

Congrats to the newest winners!

Lydia, i am glad you will get some time off for Thanksgiving. You have had a very busy couple of months, getting ready for HYCCT and the THE EVENT, and now the drawings! thanks for all you do for us!