Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/)
-   -   HYCCT15 Prize Drawing Thread - opens Monday, November 16th! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/hycct15-prize-drawing-thread-opens-monday-november-16th-605329/)

UnderstandBlue 11-20-2015 09:44 AM

Next up - Verve Stamps!

And I'm throwing you a "how to use the site" trivia curve.

Here's the next question

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dKxHP7-VzaNXL6R5ggEv_VyiIpZN946vB7ChvkJpuVc/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

muscrat 11-20-2015 09:46 AM

Congrats winners! I left love!

muscrat 11-20-2015 09:50 AM

I couldn't remember how to do it and then found it so i sent the answer and now can't remember how I did it again! LOL

Cook22 11-20-2015 09:51 AM

I know two ways to do this!
And, LOL, I guess it's not the sort of thing we can submit multiple answers for.
Happy weekend, everybody!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21121210)
Next up - Verve Stamps!

And I'm throwing you a "how to use the site" trivia curve.

Here's the next question

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dKxHP7-VzaNXL6R5ggEv_VyiIpZN946vB7ChvkJpuVc/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

smowteach 11-20-2015 10:30 AM

Thank you all for the congrats. I am thrilled to have won a Whimsy Stamps gift certificate and enjoyed my first time participating in the HYCCT Challenge.

FayeMakesCards 11-20-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21121214)
I couldn't remember how to do it and then found it so i sent the answer and now can't remember how I did it again! LOL

I went to my gallery and hoovered over a card title, then looked at the bottom of my screen and it gave me the number at the end...

After I posted it said to submit again...not sure what I would submit again since that's my number!

FayeMakesCards 11-20-2015 10:47 AM

Does anyone remember why I needed to buy double sided designer paper?

UHM...I don't remember but I bought 2 sheets today at JoAnn's...they only had one design as an option!

Can't remember what its for but I know I wanted it during HYCCT so I bought it today!

Cook22 11-20-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121251)
Does anyone remember why I needed to buy double sided designer paper?

UHM...I don't remember but I bought 2 sheets today at JoAnn's...they only had one design as an option!

Can't remember what its for but I know I wanted it during HYCCT so I bought it today!

You were going to make a double pocket card, I think :mrgreen:. I don't know if it was the one in the Tutorials section here or another one, but I'm pretty sure that's why you wanted it.

hotwheels 11-20-2015 11:33 AM

hello

Shoe Girl 11-20-2015 11:48 AM

Sabrina, remind me to let you know important stuff I need to remember so I don't forget, WOW what memory!!! :D

FayeMakesCards 11-20-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 21121267)
You were going to make a double pocket card, I think :mrgreen:. I don't know if it was the one in the Tutorials section here or another one, but I'm pretty sure that's why you wanted it.

Yes...that's it...thanks...and I'll see about working on that this next week while I have a few free minutes between wedding activities! ;)

berlycece 11-20-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121246)
I went to my gallery and hoovered over a card title, then looked at the bottom of my screen and it gave me the number at the end...

After I posted it said to submit again...not sure what I would submit again since that's my number!

I never knew this... hope I did it correctly.
But more than that, I hope I win a prize! heehee

Congrats to the winners so far. I have been busy with work stuff, so I barely peek in. I need to go back and make more gallery comments...SO MANY GORGEOUS CARDS!!!

T. Joy 11-20-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqueline (Post 21121151)
Flying rats

LOL! This is what I read right after the post asking how you dry your herbs.... :confused: It took me a minute... :p

stampingwriter 11-20-2015 12:35 PM

I am thrilled to be a Whimsy Stamp winner. Thanks to everyone for their congrats and sweet comments on my card.

Vickie Y 11-20-2015 12:44 PM

Congrats to the Whimsy Stamp winners!

FayeMakesCards 11-20-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 21121267)

Found it...on Pinterest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6WlQbBXUKY

muscrat 11-20-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121386)

I have the paper she used on two of those cards! She is a million dollar seller with stampin up. I think there is only nine that have that honor. Just saw a clip of her on a bus trip to Vegas to celebrate.

Crafty Julia 11-20-2015 02:45 PM

Just checking in- cleaning my craft area before Thanksgiving- Congrats to the latest winners!

AnnetteMac 11-20-2015 03:07 PM

So glad I could help pick another lucky winner with my guess! Great cards and congrats to the latest winners!

MaryR917 11-20-2015 03:07 PM

congrats to today's winners -I left some love on all those beauties

papercrafter40 11-20-2015 04:05 PM

Finally, an easy-to-figure-out answer! LOL

stampin'nana 11-20-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121386)

I have this pinned and I've made 2 of these cards placing teabags inside one pocket and a bookmark in the other pocket. The recipients Loved their cards!

jdmommy 11-20-2015 05:19 PM

I just want to thank Kathy........I made those pumpkin penuche cookies, and they are FABulous!! I used real butter and pecans, and every time I walk into the kitchen I grab another one!! YUM!

edith199 11-20-2015 05:29 PM

congrats to all winners!!!

muscrat 11-20-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmommy (Post 21121473)
I just want to thank Kathy........I made those pumpkin penuche cookies, and they are FABulous!! I used real butter and pecans, and every time I walk into the kitchen I grab another one!! YUM!

I made two other kinds of cookies today and they were ok but nothing like those pumpkin cookies!

mcschmidty 11-20-2015 05:39 PM

Hello

Congrats to the winners!

Home from work and settling in- live West of Chicago (Wheaton) and the snow is coming down- big fluffy flakes. We have a forecast 2-10 inches, so it will be interesting to see how much we get when we get up tomorrow.

My nephew is in a play this weekend, so after working tomorrow, will head to see him- You Can't Take it With You.

Hope to stamp on Sunday : )

Shelly

hotwheels 11-20-2015 05:51 PM

Question dose anyone know if the stamp that goes with 137360
Butterflies Thinlits Dies If what the names of the stamps and prices
Thanks hotwheels

muscrat 11-20-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 21121497)
Question dose anyone know if the stamp that goes with 137360
Butterflies Thinlits Dies If what the names of the stamps and prices
Thanks hotwheels

watercolor wings number 139424 is $26
butterfly basics number 137154 is $24
both of those sets only stamp the smallest butterfly in the thinlits set. I don't think there's a set for the other butterfly die in that set

mamaxsix 11-20-2015 06:33 PM

Spent the afternoon grocery shopping then went to see Mockingjay with the family. My 21yo DS's fiance is Suzanne Collins' niece so we have a special tie in to the Hunger Games series! DS was talking about eloping and my youngest DD told him, "No way....I want to meet Aunt Suzanne!" He's spending the night with her family and they'll all (just her local family not the aunt) go together tomorrow to see the movie as is their tradition.
My tomorrow will be spent on preparing the house....hope to get a few more food items prepared, but we'll see! DD had the stomach bug and missed a couple practices so thankfully she isn't going to the swim meet we thought she was. That will calm my day down considerably. So far no one else has had the stomach bug hit so I'm hoping it stays that way.

stamp300 11-20-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121246)

I clicked on my gallery & used the last 5 digits on the URL. Hope it's the way.

pvilbaum 11-20-2015 07:29 PM

I thought I would check in before going to bed tonight. Had plans to get lots of stamping done, but Hubby changed that plan again! But it was a good day! I am thinking about those pumpkin cookies again now. Aren't they just awesome Anne! I may have to make some on Sunday. I won't be home long enough to do it tomorrow! It's Christmas on the Square in Crockett tomorrow. So friends and I are going and then having lunch. Then I have two meetings to go to. Won't get home until late! So I'll miss the winners tomorrow until then!

Shailiekat 11-20-2015 07:49 PM

I got my number by going to my gallery and I clicked on my card.. if you read the urle string it says ppuser and your number heh.

stamp300 11-20-2015 08:54 PM

I checked out Seaside stamps, never heard of them. Perfectly for my fish type card orders.

poppydarling 11-20-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21121520)
watercolor wings number 139424 is $26
butterfly basics number 137154 is $24
both of those sets only stamp the smallest butterfly in the thinlits set. I don't think there's a set for the other butterfly die in that set

I bought the Watercolor Wings bundle which includes the Bold Butterfly Framelits, which cut out both the large and small butterflies in the stamp set. Looks like the small butterfly in the Butterflies Thinlits set also cuts the smaller butterfly in the WW stamp set.

Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies by Stampin' Up!

muscrat 11-21-2015 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarling (Post 21121590)
I bought the Watercolor Wings bundle which includes the Bold Butterfly Framelits, which cut out both the large and small butterflies in the stamp set. Looks like the small butterfly in the Butterflies Thinlits set also cuts the smaller butterfly in the WW stamp set.

Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies by Stampin' Up!

Yes. That's true. I think she was just asking which sets she could get that she could use with the think it's. But if you get the framelits you could cut the bigger ones too.

FayeMakesCards 11-21-2015 04:16 AM

Is there a sandwich for the Cuttlebug that works with SU thinlits? I've bought embossing folders from SU but no dies...

Do I need another die or embossing folder? Yes...I saw a really cute embossing folder on a card but haven't figured out where it is from yet...

muscrat 11-21-2015 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121650)
Is there a sandwich for the Cuttlebug that works with SU thinlits? I've bought embossing folders from SU but no dies...

Do I need another die or embossing folder? Yes...I saw a really cute embossing folder on a card but haven't figured out where it is from yet...

If you can link us to the card, we may be able to help you figure out which one it is, thus saving your brain cells from unneeded stress! LOL

taclary 11-21-2015 05:55 AM

Okay you girls made me hungry for pumpkin cookies. I was looking for something easy. I found this recipe on pinterest. It uses a cake mix and the frosting is so yummy.

Thanks for posting that tutorial on the card. I am definitely going to try it.

Cook22 11-21-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21121650)

It should be the same sandwich as what you use with Nestabilities or other low-profile dies like MFT or any other brand.

superS 11-21-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taclary (Post 21121685)
Okay you girls made me hungry for pumpkin cookies. I was looking for something easy. I found this recipe on pinterest. It uses a cake mix and the frosting is so yummy.

Thanks for posting that tutorial on the card. I am definitely going to try it.

MMmm, don't like pumpkin but I bet sweet potato cookies would be great!! I may have to try this!! Thanks for the recipe.