Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-2-a-389339/)

chris1josh2 11-05-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaniels (Post 11934605)
boy it's been a hectic night for me. My DH was being nice and helping clean after dinner and he was putting some things in the dishwater and cut in pinky finger on a knife. I looked at the dishwasher and blood was everywhere. So I frantically got his shoes and took him to e-care for 4 stitches in his finger. I was surprised at how fast that they took us. We spent only about 2 hrs there. LOL! We're back home and his poor finger is all wrapped up. I was relieved that it didn't cut deep enough to injury the nerves in his finger. He's all upset that he can't play golf this weekend! MEN!

OMGoodness....I sure hope he is allright. That will teach him to help with the dishes again.

chris1josh2 11-05-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaniels (Post 11934686)
LMBO! Well he wasn't exactly using the knife...ummmm it was a knife that I put in the dishwater and didn't place the sharp edge down. We just purchased a new set of knives and boy are they sharp! so while he was putting something in the dishwasher he somehow ran his finger across the blade. ouch! Feeling really bad! :oops:

Ouch....poor guy. Thats making my finger hurt now.

chris1josh2 11-05-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaniels (Post 11934788)
He's so funny...when the dr came it and he asked wow how did you do that, my wonderful DH said "my wife tried to stab me with a knife and I was just defending myself"! The dr looked at me and I said "yea, whatever" don't believe him! That's my dh trying to be funny!

OMG...that is tooo funny!!!

chris1josh2 11-05-2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 11935049)
:cry: no! :cry:

Man...GET SOME REST and make the doctor give you the GOOD drugs!!!

KelliJo 11-05-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 11931204)
LJ - I Hate dentists. Got one partial bridge, and like 4-5 root canals. Had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in my 20s too, and my vampire sisor (sp?) pulled in my teens. Had wayyyyy too many teeth for my mouth (shut up P.P. and Ma Ma!).
KJ - Hated cleaning. But switched to sonic care a few years ago and the cleaning's been a cynch! Hygenists almost look dissapointed when I go in for my cleaning ;) Sonic care takes a few days to get used to but after you're used to it, your teeth don't even feel clean when you go back to the old tooth brush.

Gabby - LOVE your blog! So pretty with the swirly rhinestones too. Watched your excellent scrabble tutorial too!

Sorry Marci - no pom pom bella here...

:mrgreen: I cant do the sonic thing cuz my gums are receeding due to my indulgence in sweet foods, they said the kind of sweets I like just sit there, not get stuck, just coat.... SO I have some exposed nerves. I REALLY have to get them taken care of before all the Christmas NUMMERS come out.....;)

mamadwawa 11-05-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 11938690)
:mrgreen: I cant do the sonic thing cuz my gums are receeding due to my indulgence in sweet foods, they said the kind of sweets I like just sit there, not get stuck, just coat.... SO I have some exposed nerves. I REALLY have to get them taken care of before all the Christmas NUMMERS come out.....;)

I never had a cavity in my whole life til I switched to Sonicare. Then the next two appts I had one each time. Now back to regular toothbrush and no more cavities for me!!

KelliJo 11-05-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 11938744)
I never had a cavity in my whole life til I switched to Sonicare. Then the next two appts I had one each time. Now back to regular toothbrush and no more cavities for me!!

When I was little I NEVER had cavities and was a TOTAL yuck mouth, my mom had to beat me to get me to brush! LOL THEN I hit the "age" to where you HAVE TO BE CLEAN 24/7 and brushed after everything I ate and THEN I started getting cavities, weird but the Dentist said my teeth were "too clean" as some plaque is good as it protects....:rolleyes: Confuses the heck outta me.....

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 06:55 AM

aaaack, I hate the dentist. i went for a cleaning on Monday, and the normal girl i have wasn't there, and the new girl beat the *ell outta my mouth, I was bleeding all over the place, I almost cried.........................

i've never heard of this sonic-care.

LauraJean 11-05-2008 07:38 AM

sorry to get ya all chatty on the dentist ;)

I'm not feeling a heck of a lot better, I've got the stuff to numb it all up but eventually it wears off and I'm back to square one. :( Maybe I'll just swallow down a morph when I get home tonight to knock me out for a good 6 hours ;)

LauraJean 11-05-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 11938744)

I switched back to a regular toothbrush about a year ago, the sonic-care just didn't make my teeth feel as clean for whatever reason. My $90 sonic-care is below collecting dust. ;)

LauraJean 11-05-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 11938946)
When I was little I NEVER had cavities and was a TOTAL yuck mouth, my mom had to beat me to get me to brush! LOL THEN I hit the "age" to where you HAVE TO BE CLEAN 24/7 and brushed after everything I ate and THEN I started getting cavities, weird but the Dentist said my teeth were "too clean" as some plaque is good as it protects....:rolleyes: Confuses the heck outta me.....

Yours too eh? Only auntie was on me every evening for it (well into my 30's). And people wonder why I had to move.....I spose she had good reason to make sure I did, she paid for 8 years of braces :mrgreen:

mcfadden 11-05-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11939010)
aaaack, I hate the dentist. i went for a cleaning on Monday, and the normal girl i have wasn't there, and the new girl beat the *ell outta my mouth, I was bleeding all over the place, I almost cried.........................

i've never heard of this sonic-care.

Geeze, isn't that the truth when you get a different person to do the cleaning. I had someone different 2 cleanings ago and when I checked out I told the front desk don't ever, ever, ever give me that person again. I had such a headache and her fingers were all over my face and pulled my mouth this way and that and then had the nerve to tell the dentist that my gums were receeding--which totally freaked me out (I don't want to go through that surgery again)--which the dentist said no, I'm okay. With the usual person I fall asleep while she is cleaning...I go next week.

yoorah 11-05-2008 09:33 AM

Ohhh! I've heard about those kind of husbands! Thought they were only mythical creatures like Unicorns!

Mine is a great handyman, does laundry, and will cook during the summer since we have a fire breathing BBQ grill. But the rest? :rolleyes: He does take the dog to the vet too. Not too hard on the eyes, makes me laugh everyday. Really don't have anything to complain about, do I? :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778 (Post 11936923)
LOL!!

As funny as that is, I have to say SO NOT TRUE. At least at my house.

Chris does 50% or better of everything. If it's broken he fixes it ( I play yard gopher but that's about it on my occasions ), he cooks, cleans and pitches in 100% with the kids ( though I take on homework with Iain. It exceeds Chris's patience on most days... he has a hard time with helping Iain because it's so draining and time consuming. ).

The only exceptions are laundry and sewing. I don't want him to touch my washer EVER again ( one temp setting, too much soap and sorting colors is a waste of time for him ), and the man can't even attach a button to save his life.

I have to make my concessions to keep it that way, and lord knows I hate getting up at 5:00 A.M. but if it's between that and having to do all of the work myself, I'll just slug down some extra coffee faithfully and make sure that I have that martini shaker ready when he walks in the door at 4:42. ;)

Mrs_S 11-05-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 11940900)
Ohhh! I've heard about those kind of husbands! Thought they were only mythical creatures like Unicorns!

Mine is a great handyman, does laundry, and will cook during the summer since we have a fire breathing BBQ grill. But the rest? :rolleyes: He does take the dog to the vet too. Not too hard on the eyes, makes me laugh everyday. Really don't have anything to complain about, do I? :rolleyes:

Oh me too!!! Mine isn't too shabby either! Although from time to time he gets in a mood... but he puts up w/ mine more than his! lol

urscrappymama 11-05-2008 10:57 AM

hi all!

LauraJean 11-05-2008 11:38 AM

For the record:

I hate topical dental anesthesia (the pink stuff) yep it numbs my mouth good, but ewwwww taste!

(see I do hate one thing about the dentist ;) )

sgc 11-05-2008 11:47 AM

You all picked a great time to have all of this talk about dentists, as I had an appointment today to get a tooth fixed (broken off corner).

Mrs_S 11-05-2008 12:28 PM

Hi Scrappy!!!

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 12:37 PM

ok, so I've been feeling wierd today, took my temperature and it's 95.7!!!! sort of freaking me and my staff out............maybe I'm becoming a vampire!!!!!!!!! lol

ugh, these past couple of days have been crazy.

KelliJo 11-05-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11943136)
ok, so I've been feeling wierd today, took my temperature and it's 95.7!!!! sort of freaking me and my staff out............maybe I'm becoming a vampire!!!!!!!!! lol

ugh, these past couple of days have been crazy.

Was it under your tongue??? Add a 3* to get it right....;) Up the butt is the only TRUE reading! :mrgreen:

chrispy1778 11-05-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 11940900)

LOL. Yep. Right up there with honest politicians, perky unsupported boobs and chocolate that makes you skinny. ;)

I did forget one flaw with Ward that drives me insane; he's car retarded.

He can change the oil, basic fluids... that sort of thing, but actually fix something...? Forget it. And he doesn't call the mechanic, I do. :rolleyes:

KelliJo 11-05-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778 (Post 11943189)
LOL. Yep. Right up there with honest politicians, perky unsupported boobs and chocolate that makes you skinny. ;)

I did forget one flaw with Ward that drives me insane; he's car retarded.

He can change the oil, basic fluids... that sort of thing, but actually fix something...? Forget it. And he doesn't call the mechanic, I do. :rolleyes:

Does he make the funny noises to describe what it is doing??? LOL I had a guy try to "little girl" me when I ran to get 3/4 " Coated Deck Screws, gave me the 3rd degree on what I needed them for, totally condescending so I played along with these are the ones I'm supposed to get right here, can you get them for me, they are Pokey... He dug his hands into that barrel and dug em out wincing the whole time, so then I walked off and made him carry the bag to the check out for me....:mrgreen:

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 11943182)
Was it under your tongue??? Add a 3* to get it right....;) Up the butt is the only TRUE reading! :mrgreen:

ok, whew, makes me feel better! Yes, it was under the tongue, it's the office thermometer, didn't think it would be wise under the arm or up the butt.....lol

KelliJo 11-05-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11943667)
ok, whew, makes me feel better! Yes, it was under the tongue, it's the office thermometer, didn't think it would be wise under the arm or up the butt.....lol

But if you were FIRST to use it then sucks to be the SECOND....:mrgreen:

UGH, made myself Cringe with THAT one.... Any word yet????8)

yoorah 11-05-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11943667)

Well we already know some hos like something hard up the... never mind. Hi HEATHER AND MANDA!!!:mrgreen:

delfinaus 11-05-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 11935327)
....about 20 minutes! WooHooo! another Ho visit another Ho visit!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!:mrgreen:

oh lisa!!! plz let us know if you;re coming to nj. I so would like to meet you too!!! scrappy and I live really close to JC.

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 02:29 PM

lol, yes Yoorah, we sure do know that, but I wasn't one of them, lol!!!

Kellijo, actually, yes, i was the first one to use it, lol!!!!!!!!!! But I'm a nice person, I would feel soooo bad if I did that to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I told my clients in group if I passed out, they could leave, just let the front office staff know to call 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoorah 11-05-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11944145)
lol, yes Yoorah, we sure do know that, but I wasn't one of them, lol!!!

Kellijo, actually, yes, i was the first one to use it, lol!!!!!!!!!! But I'm a nice person, I would feel soooo bad if I did that to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I told my clients in group if I passed out, they could leave, just let the front office staff know to call 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that was an excellent thing to tell your anxiety ridden clients ;)

KelliJo 11-05-2008 02:55 PM

Hmmm, we'll have to work on your Ho behavior.... NEVER worry about those that follow you! ;)

KelliJo 11-05-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 11944292)
I'm sure that was an excellent thing to tell your anxiety ridden clients ;)

Unless they were in a hurry to hustle out and get their next fix.....Addcition therapy also!:mrgreen:

wildbasket 11-05-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfinaus (Post 11943953)
oh lisa!!! plz let us know if you;re coming to nj. I so would like to meet you too!!! scrappy and I live really close to JC.

I will as soon as I know where we will be staying and when I'll be there. Last Year we were at a Hillton or Marriott- can't remember- at the entrance to the subway that connected to the WTC station.

Any shows you can recommend? We did Spamalot last year.

urscrappymama 11-05-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc (Post 11942615)
You all picked a great time to have all of this talk about dentists, as I had an appointment today to get a tooth fixed (broken off corner).

I hear ya Sandye! Mine was yesterday and I'm terrified of the dentist! I have to have two 'difficult extractions' so they can "fit my partial in". :(

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 03:20 PM

lol, they were my addiction clients. I had one graduating tonight, when I told them that, he's like- ok, where's my certificate just in case????? they are so funny sometimes.

off to work on some challenges, the VERVE one, the Hoodie and tshirt one, and a MFT one.

urscrappymama 11-05-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_S (Post 11943041)
Hi Scrappy!!!

hey Cori! wassup?

urscrappymama 11-05-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasket (Post 11944365)
I will as soon as I know where we will be staying and when I'll be there. Last Year we were at a Hillton or Marriott- can't remember- at the entrance to the subway that connected to the WTC station.

Any shows you can recommend? We did Spamalot last year.

I saw 'Wicked' a few months back and it was awesome!

LauraJean 11-05-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 11943182)

Really? three degrees you add? or .3?

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 03:28 PM

omg, I can't believe it, but I'm going to make a sports card................I must be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LauraJean 11-05-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11944570)
omg, I can't believe it, but I'm going to make a sports card................I must be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my world Joy! :mrgreen: This is a good kind of sickness though, trust me :twisted:

daiseyfreak 11-05-2008 03:30 PM

no..........I'm gonna do it for the challenge, gonna make a colts shirt, LJ, do you like the Colts, I will send you the card when I'm done, it's gonna be a Peyton Manning shirt............

LauraJean 11-05-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 11944587)
no..........I'm gonna do it for the challenge, gonna make a colts shirt, LJ, do you like the Colts, I will send you the card when I'm done, it's gonna be a Peyton Manning shirt............

He's good lookin that's all I can say :mrgreen: (you really think I watch it "just for the sport???) :twisted: