Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-54/)
-   -   New to VSN? Ask anything here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-54/new-vsn-ask-anything-here-517892/)

smadson 12-12-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Sonja (Post 20838813)
Which challenge does LuvLee's sneak peek about winter animals apply to?

It is Sat nite, 9:00 pm

smadson 12-12-2014 05:56 PM

I uploaded my VSN first challenge wrong. I didn't do it to the correct catagories. I tried to edit it, and couldn't find right one. Is it possible to put it in the right place after the fact??

smadson 12-12-2014 06:12 PM

I found it! I got it changed! Thank you!

smadson 12-12-2014 08:24 PM

Here are all the VSN challenges:Virtual Stamp Night - Splitcoaststampers

You can work on the sneek peek card but don't upload till the challenge is live at 9 tomorrow night.

Cook22 12-13-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Sonja (Post 20838921)
OK, I found the LuvLee sneak peek - it was on the Fan Club side and the code was VSNDEC14 N - the spreadsheet only has A-B-C-D so where does the N go?

Sorry for all the questions but I was looking for the challenge to use the animal.
-SVL

The spreadsheet is updated on an ongoing basis....you'll see Lee's challenge appear on it later today, Saturday. The main VSN event runs over both Friday and Saturday, with a week to complete your uploads.You can subscribe to both a forum and a thread.
To sub to a forum, you need to be in the overall VSN forum. Above the list of threads, to the right, you will see Forum Tools. Click on that and you should see the subscription options.
When you are reading any particular thread, above the thread it reads Thread Tools rather than Forum Tools, again you click on it and choose the option that suits you.
There's no email, which means you won't get a direct notification but it's like an internal SCS bookmark, you can always find it easily by clicking My Subscriptions on the left of the forum. And then there are instant and daily email notification options. If you choose those, make sure you have email enabled in your preferences ;-).
I know it's a big site and hard to navigate at first, but very soon you'll get the hang of your favourite places. I'm sure there are parts I still haven't visited!!

LuvLee 12-13-2014 07:38 AM

Thanks for answering the questions!! And please don't ever be shy about asking...sometimes life gets crazy and it takes a while to get to them...but ask anything! And don't hesitate to send a pm if you need a quick response too! :D

scrapaholic007 12-27-2014 07:44 PM

when is the next one? I'd like to block out my calendar for it.

scrapaholic007 01-02-2015 10:19 AM

scrapaholic007 01-02-2015 03:06 PM

is there another VSN thread I should be posting in?

LuvLee 01-03-2015 07:58 PM

Sorry Shannon.....we were looking at dates. The next VSN is scheduled for:

Mini....Feb. 6
Main....Mar. 13 & 14

JanetJ 01-04-2015 11:52 AM

So when will they be asking for hostesses? And what will the theme for the next VSN be?

LuvLee 01-06-2015 09:35 PM

We'll be announcing that in the next day or two! We'll need hostesses! :D

scrappykat 02-05-2015 05:24 AM

What time does the Mini start? TIA :)

LuvLee 02-05-2015 01:19 PM

It starts at 6 pm EST!!!!! :D

scrappykat 02-06-2015 01:04 PM

TY! :)

trew13 02-07-2015 09:03 PM

how to do vsn

I have never done VSN. Where would I go to log on? I saw I missed the mini one but the next one is in March so I would like to know how and where to go and what to do. Thank you. Teresa

cnsteele 02-08-2015 03:45 PM

Just come back to this forum on the date of the next VSN. You will see the challenges posted each hour. Within each challenge thread will be instructions on how to upload your card to the appropriate gallery. You can chat with others here that night who are also playing along. It is very fun and I find it a great way to push myself to create without overthinking my card (which I have a habit of doing). Everyone here is extremely friendly, too, so do not be afraid to ask questions, jump into the conversation, post, etc.

Serottarider 02-14-2015 04:27 PM

So, I am newbie to this and have never participated in a virtual stamp night as I don't quite understand it. Is there somewhere that explains how this works? Are you literally up all night working on challenges?

K. Joy 02-14-2015 05:00 PM

Hi Serottarider! VSN is lots of fun, and we'd love it if you joined us!

Here is a thread that explains how VSN works - http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t485141.html

Basically during VSN there are special challenges for you to follow, and you have one hour to make your card! You can do one challenge or all the challenges - whatever is fun for you. :D The next VSN is March 6th and 7th!

Serottarider 02-14-2015 05:24 PM

Thank you - I am inspired to try the next one - even if I only get 1 or 2 challenges done. Everyone's comments that I have seen are very positive and seems like a lot of fun! I'll mark my calendar and watch for posts on it.

Serottarider 02-14-2015 05:30 PM

One last quick question - I assume that it will be posted when the VSN starts - time on 3/6?

K. Joy 02-14-2015 05:45 PM

Yes, on March 6th the challenges will come up in the main VSN thread - Virtual Stamp Night - Splitcoaststampers :D

If you look there right now you will see the two VSN Mini challenges "Color of Treasure" and "Little Bear's Friends". So they will look something like that! I think the first VSN challenge usually starts at 6PM EST - hope to see you there!!

annsforte3 02-15-2015 08:13 AM

Serottarider,
Hope you can join us on March 6th and 7th! You'll have lots of fun and everyone is always so willing to help if you need anything!!

Have a great day!

annsforte3 02-15-2015 08:19 AM

Hi Teresa aka trew13,
Hope you saw K. Joy's posts explaining where to go for info on VSN. (Home page - see the weekly challenges on the left - scroll down to "ongoing" Virtual Stamp Night. Click on that link and it will take you to all the information.)

A fun thread to read to get others take on VSN is the "What Have I learned from VSN".

Any questions just post. All of us are here to help!

LuvLee 02-16-2015 06:45 AM

As you can all see SCS is a super fabulous place!! Ask anything you need help with and you'll get lots of friendly folks pitching in! We hope to see you all in a couple of weeks or so for the main VSN!!!! And thank you to all you awesome ladies hopping in to help with questions!!!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

Melso1 02-18-2015 12:33 PM

I am in Australia, so would need to work out the time difference. What time and in what time zone is the challenge run?
Thanks!

K. Joy 02-18-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melso1 (Post 20901031)
I am in Australia, so would need to work out the time difference. What time and in what time zone is the challenge run?
Thanks!

Hi there! The VSN challenges are run in Eastern time zone (EST), and usually start at 6 PM EST! :) The next VSN starts March 6th - hope to see you there!

mollysmydog 02-25-2015 04:12 PM

how to and what is

Hi , I'd love to know exactly what is vsn, how to use sps site better, any help? I love stamping, but quit classes because they got to be boring and I needed to be challenged. I am now watching my grandson whose 15mths, I dont have as much time to myself, and I have a disc decease in my spine. But I love stamping and scrapbooking I'm also not good at computers, I need all the help I can get.

mollysmydog 02-25-2015 04:16 PM

who to do vsn

My time zone is pst I want to know how vsn works how to utilze scs site better

LuvLee 02-25-2015 07:15 PM

Hi Mollysmydog!! Virtual Stamp Night is where several challenges will go up....one per hour....and you'll follow the theme within the time limit listed to make a card. You can play along right as they go up or you can play along anytime for an entire week after they go up until the deadline. Each challenge will have all the info you need plus links to the galleries! And never be afraid to ask anything!

Here is a thread with all kinds of info you might find helpful. There may be a few changes and updates...so don't be shy about asking for any clarification! The next VSN is March 6 and 7. Enjoy!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t485141.html

homeinFL 03-04-2015 08:26 AM

First Challenge

I'm also new to this challenge and would like to try it. I read about the first challenge already being posted somewhere, would that be at the beginning of this chat? I have printed off the tracking sheet so far.

K. Joy 03-04-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeinFL (Post 20914204)
I'm also new to this challenge and would like to try it. I read about the first challenge already being posted somewhere, would that be at the beginning of this chat? I have printed off the tracking sheet so far.

Hi there! The first VSN Main challenge will be posted on Friday, March 6th at 6 PM CST! You will find it listed here - Virtual Stamp Night - Splitcoaststampers - at that time. The two VSN challenges posted there now are from the VSN Mini that was held in February!

If you are part of the Splitcoast Fan Club, you can get a sneak peek of two of the new VSN challenges, and get a head start!!

Hope to see you there! :)

homeinFL 03-04-2015 08:47 AM

Another question...It looks like I'll only be able to participate on the 7th. Are the hours the same on that day? And I don't see a thread to the supply list. Thanks! I bet y'all have answered these questions 20 times already, ha!

Barbara

K. Joy 03-04-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeinFL (Post 20914240)
Another question...It looks like I'll only be able to participate on the 7th. Are the hours the same on that day? And I don't see a thread to the supply list. Thanks! I bet y'all have answered these questions 20 times already, ha!

Barbara

The challenges start earlier on the 7th - (12 PM EST) - but for all of the challenges you get a week to make and upload your card! So if you can't join in on the 6th, you can still make a card later in the week and upload it before the deadline to play along! :D

I don't think there is a supply list for this VSN, so you should be able to go with what you have in your craft room! :)

homeinFL 03-04-2015 12:15 PM

Thank you! It sounds like fun :)

trew13 03-07-2015 04:40 AM

I just posted my first cards in last night's VSN, but how I link my card into the chat thread as they suggested so other people can see it. Not a techie so please be as specific as you can😀
Thanks

K. Joy 03-07-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trew13 (Post 20917178)
I just posted my first cards in last night's VSN, but how I link my card into the chat thread as they suggested so other people can see it. Not a techie so please be as specific as you can��
Thanks

Let me see if I can explain this! :)

1. Go to the card you want to share.
2. When you are on that card's page, go to the top of your screen where the web address is (http://splitcoaststampers.com, etc). Double click (or triple click) the address so that the whole thing highlights.
3. While the address is highlighted, right click on it. A drop down box should pop up. Click on "Copy".
4. Now go to the VSN thread you want to share your card in. Click "Reply" to the thread. Right click in the "reply" box, and click "Paste". That should put the link to your card in the reply box. :)

If that doesn't work or make sense, be sure to let us know, and we will see what we can do to help!