Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-54/)
-   -   New to VSN? Ask anything here! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-54/new-vsn-ask-anything-here-517892/)

Jo Ann F. 05-16-2015 07:46 AM

When you are linking your card to the individual thread of a VSN, does it matter if you open the card in the challenge gallery (Jun15VSNmini1), the event gallery (Happy Gallery) or your own personal gallery? The numbers at the top that you cut and paste are sometimes different and it is not clear to me. I understand that if I only upload to my member gallery it does not appear in the VSN galleries, so I am careful about that. But when I go to do the linking, I usually go to my own member gallery first. Thank you.

LuvLee 05-26-2015 08:03 AM

Hi Jo Ann....no it doesn't matter for the most part. If we do start giving prizes again and also for commenting sometimes a card may get missed....but generally we try to get them all using the keyword so they should come up with that no matter what gallery they're in. If that changes we'll make sure to let you all know that in the challenges!

Ching 06-14-2015 11:03 AM

I just realized that there's a No Sunday gallery approval. Could we still upload today (Sunday) knowing that it won't be approved for view until Monday?

LuvLee 09-04-2015 08:01 AM

Hi Sonja....more info will be coming soon but the dates are looking like early Nov for the mini and early Dec for the main. Stay tuned!!! :D

Margscardcrazy 09-04-2015 01:36 PM

Woo Hoo early November might be an issue because I will have three weeks to go till retirement and the race to the finish line will be on with handover, but December will be perfect, can hardly wait. �� �� ��

hotwheels 12-11-2015 07:09 PM

what time Saturday will they start 12- 12-2015? How many challenge for Saturday will there be? thanks Hotwheels

LuvLee 12-11-2015 07:15 PM

It starts at noon EST tomorrow and there are 10 challenges.

hotwheels 12-11-2015 08:09 PM

[You thanks I have party so, I wont be around. But I will done what can! thanks hotwheels

QUOTE=LuvLee;21135336]It starts at noon EST tomorrow and there are 10 challenges.[/QUOTE]

christine214 01-15-2016 07:45 PM

When are the VSN? Is there a calendar?

LuvLee 01-15-2016 08:05 PM

We schedule around other events but generally VSN is March, June, December.

We'll be announcing the theme and hostess call out for the next one this weekend so stay tuned! :D

sp0dakis 03-19-2016 10:05 AM

How to Delete a Card?

I just did my first VSN card and my first upload last night. I realized after uploading that I should have cropped the image and should have put in the proper keyword. Is there any way to edit the info about a card? I didn't see one, so I re-uploaded the cropped image AND added the correct keyword.
Feeling a little silly...

LuvLee 03-19-2016 10:15 AM

Please don't feel silly! Trust me....every single one of us was a newbie at one point!!!

If you need to edit the actual picture then you do have to upload it after you edit it on your computer. But if you only need to edit info on your write up or materials, etc. then you'll see the little edit button on the bottom right when you look at your photo in the gallery and you can make edits.

aloeviall 06-14-2016 02:39 PM

What exactly is virtual stamp night and how do I participate? Where do I find instructions?

TS06644 06-14-2016 02:47 PM

When is it happening?

KonaRose 06-14-2016 05:41 PM

I may be nearly recovered from the last SCS cardmaking Olympics from 2 years ago (Hope you can cling to left me clinging to life afterwards). Let me take more vitamins and before this event begins. Who knows? I may surprise you (and myself) if I jump in with you crazy stamping wascally wabbits. Then I'll rest for another two years.

:wink:

craftydscreations 06-15-2016 07:29 PM

I got an email about Virtual craft night but all the info looks to be old. Is this going on soon?

LuvLee 06-15-2016 09:40 PM

Yes this Friday and Saturday is the Craft Your Passion VSN!!!

Here is the main forum to watch: Virtual Stamp Night - Splitcoaststampers

And here is the chat forum for this specific VSN: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d-t610093.html

Here is some good info for newbies: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t485141.html

KonaRose 06-16-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Joy (Post 20901128)
Hi there! The VSN challenges are run in Eastern time zone (EST), and usually start at 6 PM EST! :) The next VSN starts March 6th - hope to see you there!

Thank you! I was just asking about what time in which time zone VSN begins. LOL, I don't play along enough to remember but I will try ♥

LuvLee 06-17-2016 10:17 AM

(((Rosy))) So good to see your smiling face!!! I hope you get to play along!!!

Today's challenge goes up in a little over 2 1/2 hours from now!!!!

craftydscreations 06-17-2016 11:49 AM

I sure hope I get some time to play a little. Have the family coming for supper tonight and have two big orders to do. Maybe I'll have to take a break and make a card. Lol

KonaRose 06-17-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLee (Post 21259792)
(((Rosy))) So good to see your smiling face!!! I hope you get to play along!!!

Today's challenge goes up in a little over 2 1/2 hours from now!!!!

Yay! Yes, I am so happy to bravely face and conquer another VSN LOL!!!! If you can do it with your arms, I can do it with my back and the rest. Chooo Chooo! I think I can I think I can I think I can!!!!

JBgreendawn 06-17-2016 04:41 PM

I have a couple done so far... but, I am not seeing link to tonight's gallery when I use the drop down menu's the top of the list for me is from last march?

JBgreendawn 06-17-2016 04:43 PM

Ok I found it... :mrgreen: its all the way at the bottom of the list this time, so its not visible unless you drop the box down as far as it goes :)

LuvLee 06-17-2016 04:52 PM

Yep....that's why we put it in the directional steps at the end of each challenge but I think everyone has a habit of looking for it up top anyway! LOL

JBgreendawn 06-17-2016 05:12 PM

Hey Chickie http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif... all I looked at was what the gist of the challenge was...
I didn't read any of the directions... :roll:

got a headache and am chugging coffee http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...rnincoffee.gif... :mrgreen:

(it's hubs fault he is germ-y and cough-y and contagious)

LuvLee 06-17-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawn (Post 21260186)
Hey Chickie http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif... all I looked at was what the gist of the challenge was...
I didn't read any of the directions... :roll:

got a headache and am chugging coffee http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...rnincoffee.gif... :mrgreen:

(it's hubs fault he is germ-y and cough-y and contagious)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...rsesmileyf.gif

Oh no!!! Get better quick!!! Yeah....you know I'm not one to read directions unless I've already failed a couple times! LOL

dcnighter 08-31-2016 10:41 AM

When is the next VSN? I did the last one and had a great time.

travlrmel 09-01-2016 03:20 AM

My husband just finished my craft room. My stamps have been in storage for too long and now I get to play!!! When is the next VSN so I can use all of my goodies?

annsforte3 09-01-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travlrmel (Post 21311888)
My husband just finished my craft room. My stamps have been in storage for too long and now I get to play!!! When is the next VSN so I can use all of my goodies?

If you loved VSN then you will be head over heals for the upcoming HYCCT (Hope You Can Cling Too) challenges, starting on October 1st!

The HYCCT is a card drive to benefit those who are suffering from Breast cancer. Cards are donated to the MD Anderson Hospital in Texas or you can donated to your local charity.

All sorts of ways to use your craft stash items!!

Hope you will join us!!

javagirl984 09-29-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3 (Post 21312094)
If you loved VSN then you will be head over heals for the upcoming HYCCT (Hope You Can Cling Too) challenges, starting on October 1st!

The HYCCT is a card drive to benefit those who are suffering from Breast cancer. Cards are donated to the MD Anderson Hospital in Texas or you can donated to your local charity.

All sorts of ways to use your craft stash items!!

Hope you will join us!!

So the Falliday event isn't in place of HYCCT? The "ad" on the main page makes it sound that way. Kind of confusing. It sounds like both of these events will take place, back to back. Is that correct? I may have time to participate in HHYCCT, but not the Falliday event because I'll be out of town that weekend.

annsforte3 09-29-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984 (Post 21329730)
So the Falliday event isn't in place of HYCCT? The "ad" on the main page makes it sound that way. Kind of confusing. It sounds like both of these events will take place, back to back. Is that correct? I may have time to participate in HHYCCT, but not the Falliday event because I'll be out of town that weekend.

They changed things up this year! Combined a few card drives with crafting events to help all of us get ready for the holiday season.

So the HYCCT event is mixed in with Falliday Fest! Does not run the entire month!

Falliday Fest is a fantastic way to make a few cards for specific card drives but also to help all of us with the upcoming busy season!

You will love it, a lot of fantastic challenges with even more fantastic hostesses!!

Come and join in, it all starts on October 9th!!

javagirl984 09-30-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3 (Post 21329845)
They changed things up this year! Combined a few card drives with crafting events to help all of us get ready for the holiday season.

So the HYCCT event is mixed in with Falliday Fest! Does not run the entire month!

Falliday Fest is a fantastic way to make a few cards for specific card drives but also to help all of us with the upcoming busy season!

You will love it, a lot of fantastic challenges with even more fantastic hostesses!!

Come and join in, it all starts on October 9th!!

Hmm. According to the chat thread for the Falliday event they say HYCCT was replaced. Sounds like there are different people stating different "facts". It's really confusing when you read the main thread and then see conflicting info elsewhere. I'd participate, but like a said, I'm out of town for a long weekend next weekend. So I can't. I'm sure it will be fun. I'll just have to miss it. Enjoy!

annsforte3 09-30-2016 03:40 PM

Replaced - no updated! LOL!

This is going to be a 2 week event so there will be time for you to come join in the fun! '

No worries!! Hope to see you there for some of the challenges! I am a hostess too for the event! Take my word for it, you will love all the challenges and conversation with the hostesses!

LuvLee 10-06-2016 02:12 PM

Actually HYCCT is not happening. It's not anything negative, just was not needing our huge influx of cards. So the Falliday is replacing HYCCT and has some specific card drives that you can send to if you'd like and extra challenges to make it fun and awesome!

:D :D

VSN will be Dec......there is a possibility of adding in a mini at the end of Nov. ;)

javagirl984 10-07-2016 05:42 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Lee. If I can get a signal where I am camping, I will check in to see if I can participate. I'm taking my stamping stuff with me. :o) Looking forward to the next VSN and hopefully mini.

mit240z 10-07-2016 06:08 AM

I'm excited for another VSN I can't wait to hear the theme!

Margscardcrazy 10-08-2016 12:33 PM

Woo hoo VSN in December can hardly wait :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

ScrappinCEO 02-06-2017 04:30 AM

What are the dates for the 2017 VSN Challenges so I can put them in my planner. I am one of those people who need to schedule the time if I'm going to play. Maybe a thread that is just the dates for the min/ full challenges?Thanks.

smadson 02-11-2017 05:31 AM

I am with Kelly! I also would like to know also when the is the next VSN ? Couldn't find a VSN calendar.