Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:02 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Slice

Can someone explain to me what the Slice is what it does and where I can get one? I keep hearing about it and I am curious. Thanks for any help or information you can give me. Jackie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:41 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple threads here that are relatively recent.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

The lowdown is that some people returned theirs because cuts were wonky, but some people love their Slices.

There are known issues, but not everyone got a bum machine/design card.

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 02-11-2009 at 05:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

I know that Archivers has them.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's the best place to get your answer about what the Slice is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovellView Post
Here's the best place to get your answer about what the Slice is.
Thank you for the link. I just watched all the video's and I really think that I would like to get the slice. My DH has told me that I can have $600 of our tax return to buy some new toys and I was thinking of getting some more Copic's but I have heard different people mention the slice and the new scrapbooking store that opened up in Regina carries them so I think that I will get the slice and get some of the cartriges to go with them. I don't have room in my craftroom for the Cricuit but the slice is small enough and seems to do about the same things as what the Cricuit does. I also read the threads that TheOtherMeg linked for me and it seems that the problems with the slice are a hit or miss thing so I will take my chances and if I have to return it then I can at least say that I tried it. Thanks for all your help. Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Normally, I'd suggest buying online to get the best price, but with an item that has a "hit or miss" rep like the Slice, I think your plan to buy local is best.

Be sure to ask if you can return it if need be. A few people have found out that their local stores won't take the Slice & accessories back, even though there have been so many documented problems with the machine's debut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Normally, I'd suggest buying online to get the best price, but with an item that has a "hit or miss" rep like the Slice, I think your plan to buy local is best.

Be sure to ask if you can return it if need be. A few people have found out that their local stores won't take the Slice & accessories back, even though there have been so many documented problems with the machine's debut.
Thank you for reminding me about that, I will make sure and ask when I go in the next time. They are a new store so I don't know what there policy will be. I am hoping that I don't have any problems once I get it because I live 2 1/2 hrs from Regina and I would hate to have to go back if the slice dosn't work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Since you live so far away, do you think the store would let you open it (after you've purchased it) and try it out while you're still there?

If the store won't let you try it there, I'd try it out in the car. Seriously! If you have an adapter, you could even run it off your car battery to test it. (I can't remember if mine arrived home with any charge because I ran it off the cord at first.)

A 2.5 hour drive -- wow! I'd definitely think of a way to avoid having to make a return trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Since you live so far away, do you think the store would let you open it (after you've purchased it) and try it out while you're still there?

If the store won't let you try it there, I'd try it out in the car. Seriously! If you have an adapter, you could even run it off your car battery to test it. (I can't remember if mine arrived home with any charge because I ran it off the cord at first.)

A 2.5 hour drive -- wow! I'd definitely think of a way to avoid having to make a return trip!

I was thinking that myself. When we go to Regina we usually stay at my mom's so I could try it at her place before we come home so I know if I have to take it back or not. I was just on eBay and they had a slice starting at $.99 ($1.21 Canadain) so I put a bid on it. I figure if I win then I haven't spent that much if it dosn't work and the auction is over before I have to go to Regina again in a couple of weeks. Having to go 2 1/2 hrs to a craft store is really a hassle considering until a few weeks ago the only craft store to go to was Micheal's, and they are so expensive, it cost me less to order online from the US for most of my supplies than what it cost to go to Micheal's. What is the average cost of the slice and the cartridges? This way I know about how much it should cost me. Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I know when the Cricut first came out, Michael's had it displayed and you can play with it to see what it did. I wonder if there's a place that will demo or display the slice? I've only heard of it and never seen it in person, so I'm curious as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I just bought mine from craftsetc.com They have an awesome price, only $112! PLUS free shipping on orders over $25! The cartridges are only $29! I say it in a LSS store here and the machine was $160 and the cartridges were $50. So I think I got a pretty good deal!
Reply With Quote Likes