Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug-itis- *MERGED* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-cuttlebug-itis-%2Amerged%2A-197907/)

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99
Julie, PM me your address. I will send your children food!! Karen

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

But, I thought beans were high in protein, so I'm actually being a good mommy, right?! Right???!!!!

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels
Okay this may dumb qustion, but did Cricket and cuttlebug compatalbe with each other and any one the compatable will Sizzix machine? try found my out my sister.
Thanks,
hotwheels

Linda, the Cricut is a computer operated machine and does not work the same as the Cuttlebug and Sizzix.

Yes, dies for the Cuttlebug and the Sizzix are cross compatible with each other.

HTH,

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidill
You betcha she's whispering! Because she is so ASHAMED of herself for not feeding her children and buying a celery green die machine. I'd whisper too, if I were her! ;)

But, Dennnnnnnnnnnnni! It is CELERY!!! Doesn't that count for SOMETHING somewhere on the food pyramid????? http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/laugh3.gif

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
Are you whispering?

yes . . . I am. Cuz I wuz naughty. ;)

SkyesMom 11-12-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
yes . . . I am. Cuz I wuz naughty. ;)

Thats okay I got one to and some of the embossing folders.

CowgirlCreations 11-12-2006 01:35 PM

OK - I checked out the links and I want it!! I've been avoiding die cut machines because the dies have been so expensive! But this one is affordable, portable, celery green, what more could a stamper ask for?? Hmmm...I did just buy some beans. Eggs are full of protein too (and cheap)!

CowgirlCreations 11-12-2006 01:44 PM

OK so hubby said "yes" for my christmas present and I can order now!! So there is a 2" die called flower 1 that looks like the marvy scalloped oval...what do you think? Is it much smaller than I'm thinking? I just won't let myself spend $20 on the marvy punches.

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowgirlCreations
OK so hubby said "yes" for my christmas present and I can order now!! So there is a 2" die called flower 1 that looks like the marvy scalloped oval...what do you think? Is it much smaller than I'm thinking? I just won't let myself spend $20 on the marvy punches.

It's actually hard to tell what the actual size is :( , but I, too, have my eye on that one. ;)

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh! I'll be getting it regardless, at some point, because I love the different sizes anyway . . . I'm a sucker for scallopy things . . . :rolleyes:

SkyesMom 11-12-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

All 4 are places on a 2x2 inch plate so they are very small.

stagccva 11-12-2006 01:56 PM

OK, this has been asked like a zillion times, but I must be 100% sure before I order this lil' cutie without asking DH -- can I use my big red sizzix dies with this machine? I REALLY want it - baaaaad!!!! Please please say it will work!!

Taylor

CowgirlCreations 11-12-2006 01:58 PM

2" x 2" Dies
These themed 2" x 2" dies come in sets of 4. Their intricate, cutting-edge designs are unprecedented in the industry. Cuttlebug dies cut through a myriad of materials, such as paper, cardstock, and thin metals!

This was from the provo site linked earlier...and there's a picture with each flower on a different plate. So, I think the plate size is 2x2, but each flower is on a different one. Definitely will be a must try!!

SkyesMom 11-12-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

2" x 2" Dies
These themed 2" x 2" dies come in sets of 4. Their intricate, cutting-edge designs are unprecedented in the industry. Cuttlebug dies cut through a myriad of materials, such as paper, cardstock, and thin metals!

This was from the provo site linked earlier...and there's a picture with each flower on a different plate. So, I think the plate size is 2x2, but each flower is on a different one. Definitely will be a must try!!

Whoopsie I misunderstood. *Adds to order*

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccva
OK, this has been asked like a zillion times, but I must be 100% sure before I order this lil' cutie without asking DH -- can I use my big red sizzix dies with this machine? I REALLY want it - baaaaad!!!! Please please say it will work!!

Taylor

I understand. I absolutely do; there's nothing more of a bummer than buying something on heresay and then finding out it doesn't do what everybody said it would. Been there done that!

Check out the specs on it HERE.

According to them, other brand dies ARE indeed cross compatible, as their dies are also cross compatible with other brand machines.

:grin:

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Whoopsie I misunderstood. *Adds to order*

Where are you ordering your dies from, Sarah? ;)

CowgirlCreations 11-12-2006 02:11 PM

Oh Sarah...where are you? Ordering away??

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 02:25 PM

OH MY GOODNESS. I have seen some samples of the pressure embossing that this thing can do on other sites- WOW.

This is a must have. I can't afford this with Sell A Bration coming up. Is it worth giving up my SAB order?

I want a cuttlebug...

kristransue 11-12-2006 02:27 PM

yeah Sarah . . . or any other experienced die purchasers out there, I do not own a single one of any brand . . .I must stock up since DH is getting me the cuttlebug for Christmas. I can't get it and not have anything to run through it!

stagccva 11-12-2006 02:31 PM

It doesn't look big enough to run those monster red dies from sizzix thru - yikes!! Maybe I'll just get it anyway.....:eek: !! It is too cute, and portable, and I love the embossing thing, and I could go on and on but ya'll understand!! DH said I could get it - but he doesn't know I have a HUGE order list going for January (must wait for SAB, must wait for SAB... :wink:) or how much I've actually spent on SU goodies this month (I swore that being a demo would somehow save me $$$)!

What to do...:confused:

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccva
(I swore that being a demo would somehow save me $$$)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hush2.gif That is a myth!

;)

JK! LOL!

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
OH MY GOODNESS. I have seen some samples of the pressure embossing that this thing can do on other sites- WOW.

This is a must have. I can't afford this with Sell A Bration coming up. Is it worth giving up my SAB order?

I want a cuttlebug...

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif This is your father . . . Give in to the dark side!

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif This is your father . . . Give in to the dark side!

Ooh- good call. Bet my dad would get it for me for christmas ;)
(But he wouldn't know to use a coupon, and I'd feel bad he spent too much!)

etsdas 11-12-2006 02:43 PM

There are a couple of other threads about this, I think (it has been a long weekend with all these stressful football games).
Some kind person gave the 50% off code for Joann.com. I just used it and verified my order - so I think it works. NOVA650
No free shipping, as they only allowed one coupon at a time. Then they told me I could order about $15 more for the same postage. So what is a stamper to do? Order more stuff, of course.

(I called the local Michael's today and they said they had sold out of the machine, but still had dies. I did not order any dies online as I have to see that kind of thing in person.

etsdas 11-12-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

I want a cuttlebug...

Can you tell me where you saw these samples? I will need all the help I can get.

Re my prior post - does any one know how long it takes to get orders from joann.com?

kphorse 11-12-2006 02:47 PM

Would the original OP, please post and

*ENABLER ALERT*

I read all the posts, and with the one I will order, we shaoud have a couple of thousand on this thread easy!

We are bad, very, very, bad girls! 8}

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas
Can you tell me where you saw these samples? I will need all the help I can get.

Re my prior post - does any one know how long it takes to get orders from joann.com?

http://www.ashadeofblue.net/Boards/v...ight=cuttlebug

(Now, these were done with cuttlebug dies in the big shot- so it might not be a true indication of what the cuttlebug machine can do- but MAN, those embossing folders are amazing- look at the depth!)

CowgirlCreations 11-12-2006 02:50 PM

guilty- order processed

etsdas 11-12-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southtxgirl
It was further up on the postings.....

I do have a coupon code for Joanns that expires November 30 for 50% one thing on their website. I am seriously thinking of gettin it. the code is NOVA650.

THANK YOU. I just used it today, and at least did not get a message that it could not be used. They would not let me use the free shipping as well.

Baylorgrad 11-12-2006 02:52 PM

I'm *very* excited right now! (happy dance commencing)

I have a 40 percent off coupon for Joann's (either in store or online), and I had been planning on getting a Cuttlebug font with it today...which would have made the set (Red Tag Sale, if you wanna know ;)) $51.57 (this includes tax). Weeelllll...I took a trip over to e*** to see what I could find. Lo and behold, I was able to get the font I wanted for $33.59 plus $7.70 in shipping/handing for a grand total of $41.29! Woo hoo! :D

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
Would the original OP, please post and

*ENABLER ALERT*

I read all the posts, and with the one I will order, we shaoud have a couple of thousand on this thread easy!

We are bad, very, very, bad girls! 8}

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/itwasher.gif

I am innocent of any enabling that has occurred here. I am a victim!

bwa ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

hedgiemama 11-12-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

I got mine at Joanns with a 50% code and I ordered dies from www.scrapbook101.com they are all on sale.

REALLY? Did you have to tell me this? Off I go.....!!!

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylorgrad
I'm *very* excited right now! (happy dance commencing)

I have a 40 percent off coupon for Joann's (either in store or online), and I had been planning on getting a Cuttlebug font with it today...which would have made the set (Red Tag Sale, if you wanna know ;)) $51.57 (this includes tax). Weeelllll...I took a trip over to e*** to see what I could find. Lo and behold, I was able to get the font I wanted for $33.59 plus $7.70 in shipping/handing for a grand total of $41.29! Woo hoo! :D

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hi5.gif

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 03:03 PM

Guys, I'm gonna merge these two very related threads. Hang tight!

etsdas 11-12-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

http://www.ashadeofblue.net/Boards/v...ight=cuttlebug

(Now, these were done with cuttlebug dies in the big shot- so it might not be a true indication of what the cuttlebug machine can do- but MAN, those embossing folders are amazing- look at the depth!)

Thanks. I agree. I especially like the one with flowers.

myhappyplace 11-12-2006 03:06 PM

La La La La La La

I can't HEAR you people!!!

LOL

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
La La La La La La

I can't HEAR you people!!!

LOL

Can you sing louder so that I can't hear them either?

Happy Heart 11-12-2006 03:19 PM

RATS! I knew I shouldn't have read anything about this little machine! I just put in my order at Joann's. I got three dies, too! At least I don't have to worry about compromising any little ones' nutrition! It'll be only me and my husband eating beans! Watch out! LOL![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]

mytime 11-12-2006 03:51 PM

OH! I got some of the dies today!
I used my sizzix machine. No Problems here! I orignially only bought 1 embossing plate, and one die cut (in case it didn't work) and then I drove back to the store to buy more!LOL! You need the sizzlets converter thingy for the big sizzix machine.
These are way too cool. I made one card with the b-day embossing plate that I will post tomorrow. I don't know if it will go through all the extra materials with other machines-must try.......
Definitely cheaper than other dies I love it. I wish my store had more to choose from though.
I really want some more embossing ones that I saw from Julies link. Where can I get them?

michlz319 11-12-2006 03:58 PM

This is a slight hijack....
Okay, here's my dilemma. My Michael's had their grand opening today! (that's not the dilemma!). I was one of the first 100 in line, so I had a $10 gift card, plus the 50% coupon. I saw this Cuttlebug and didn't pay attention to it, so I bought a whole bunch of little things. I planned on using my 50% off on the $40 Christmas wreath, but it was on sale, so ended up not using the coupon..
That was a long story to get to my point.
My point is.....do I really need this? I can go back and get it for 40% off with the other grand opening coupons. BUT I think my mom might have bought me some sort of a die cut machine off of QVC because she was asking me lots of questions about it. I don't want to buy one if I'm getting something similar, but I also don't want to wait and then find out Michael's puts an exclusion on the coupon like Cricut. Oh, what's a girl to do?

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
OH! I got some of the dies today!
I used my sizzix machine. No Problems here! I orignially only bought 1 embossing plate, and one die cut (in case it didn't work) and then I drove back to the store to buy more!LOL! You need the sizzlets converter thingy for the big sizzix machine.
These are way too cool. I made one card with the b-day embossing plate that I will post tomorrow. I don't know if it will go through all the extra materials with other machines-must try.......
Definitely cheaper than other dies I love it. I wish my store had more to choose from though.
I really want some more embossing ones that I saw from Julies link. Where can I get them?

www.scrapbook101.com

:grin:

anniesmom 11-12-2006 04:19 PM

Do I really need this if I have the original, big honkin, red Sizzix (Big Betty to me)? I have been reading most of this thread and I am debating. THe one thing I want to be able to use are the embossing folders. Can I use them in Big Betty - original Sizzix?