Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug-itis- *MERGED* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-cuttlebug-itis-%2Amerged%2A-197907/)

Rubbernecker 01-02-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Amen. If it's all hidden in a drawer, we don't have to admit anything. If we count it, then we have to start a 12-step program.

You guys crack me up. Now I'm obsessed with finding those cube storage things at Target (on sale this week) and the fabric drawers to organize and hide my other obsessions! :rolleyes:

KAM53 01-02-2007 08:46 AM

Does anyone know if the Big Impressions plates from Ellison will fit through the Cuttlebug?

Rubbernecker 01-02-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAM53
Does anyone know if the Big Impressions plates from Ellison will fit through the Cuttlebug?

They'd better, since I just ordered some. :rolleyes: Someone else referenced post 1814 in this thread.

mlehmer 01-02-2007 09:05 AM

OK, now you've really done it!!! As much as I was trying to avoid catching the bug, I don't think I am going to make it. I do think I will get the Big Shot and some of the cuttlebug embossing folders if I can find any. I have been trying to decipher from all the threads what I might need to make the two work together. Can anyone help me? I'M SOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!!!!

pinkhedgehog 01-02-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlehmer
OK, now you've really done it!!! As much as I was trying to avoid catching the bug, I don't think I am going to make it. I do think I will get the Big Shot and some of the cuttlebug embossing folders if I can find any. I have been trying to decipher from all the threads what I might need to make the two work together. Can anyone help me? I'M SOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!!!!

Run!!! You're infected. It may not be too late to save yourself.

If it's already too late, well, then I'd start with a few embossing folders, whichever ones appeal to you and perhaps an alphabet. I don't have a Big Shot, so I haven't been paying attention to what you need to run the various things through one. I only started this because I got a free CB at an after Thanksgiving sale. Now I own way too much $$ in CB stuff just because of my "free" CB.

SCRAPPYNANA 01-02-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Amen. If it's all hidden in a drawer, we don't have to admit anything. If we count it, then we have to start a 12-step program.

I was honestly shocked at how much was there. When a package comes in I will play with it, but I tend to put everything away at the end of the day, I hate walking into a messy work area in the morning. So I had never had it ALL out at once. They will probably have to call the paramedics for me when my bank statement comes in this month. Can't hide things from my DH, he is the one who picks up the packages at the PO. Besides he has his own obsession, woodworking tools. So as long as the bills are paid and we have food to eat, we don't question what the other one is buying. Works for me...lol

mooshie_stamps 01-02-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMelis
I think Olivia has been discontinued, so if you love it, jump for joy that ya got it! ;) I think I wanted it, too!

why would it be discontinued? this is a CB alphabet isn't it? it's so new, why would they be discontinuing things so soon? hhhmmm...
Michelle

pinkhedgehog 01-02-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooshie_stamps
why would it be discontinued? this is a CB alphabet isn't it? it's so new, why would they be discontinuing things so soon? hhhmmm...
Michelle

That was in error, but corrected a few pages back......we're all typing too fast to keep up!

SCRAPPYNANA 01-02-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

I didn't have to use anything extra in the BS to use the CB embossing folders.

sandwich:
white platform
clear cutting plate
cuttlebug Embossing folder with card stock INSIDE
clear cutting plate

mlehmer 01-02-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRAPPYNANA
I didn't have to use anything extra in the BS to use the CB embossing folders.

sandwich:
white platform
clear cutting plate
cuttlebug Embossing folder with card stock INSIDE
clear cutting plate

Thanks for your help. I guess I have to decide now what do without, like food, water or Dt. Pepsi, sleep, etc. in order to get the Big Shot and some cuttlebug embossing folders, he, he, he! Think the family would go for eating PBJ's for a week or two depending on how many folders and dies I think I have to have right away? I may have to see if I can eek by this month without ordering anything from SU. I WILL HAVE THE BUG-ITIS VERY SOON, I'm sure.

JulieHRR 01-02-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Thanks for your help. I guess I have to decide now what do without, like food, water or Dt. Pepsi, sleep, etc. in order to get the Big Shot and some cuttlebug embossing folders, he, he, he! Think the family would go for eating PBJ's for a week or two depending on how many folders and dies I think I have to have right away? I may have to see if I can eek by this month without ordering anything from SU. I WILL HAVE THE BUG-ITIS VERY SOON, I'm sure.

I *love* my Big Shot. Especially when I lost electricity this morning, and couldn't stamp. I've been die cutting coaster shapes all morning!

Welcome to the family of BSers and Buggers! :mrgreen:

JulieHRR 01-02-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

P.S. check costco.com to see if they have restocked the Big Shot Starter Kit. I got mine in late October there for $54.95 + S & H (and tax, cuz of wicked WA state, grrrrr!), BUT, it was still a fabby deal for me! $54.95 is wholesale pricing! ;)

brits4 01-02-2007 11:48 AM

revolutiion quickutz dies and the bug

Will the new quickutz revolution dies work in the bug? Saw some at Archivers today and they were calling my name!!!!!!!!!!! Resisted until I am sure they will work.
Sue

JulieHRR 01-02-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brits4
Will the new quickutz revolution dies work in the bug? Saw some at Archivers today and they were calling my name!!!!!!!!!!! Resisted until I am sure they will work.
Sue

I heard an affirmative on another board ("QK Revolution dies work beautifully on the Bug!")!!! :grin:

Go for it!

Baylorgrad 01-02-2007 12:39 PM

I finally got the Sizzix Fruit Smoothie alphabet!!! *cheering* I've been eyeing this ever since I saw it in my LSS, but at a price of near $100 didn't want to touch it. I could never find a deal for it on eBay, either. But ever since I got the Cuttlebug, I've really been wanting to get Fruit Smoothie!

So I checked Creative Xpress the other night, and they were out of stock. I signed up to be notified when it was available again, and today I got the e-mail that it was back in stock -- at a price of $47.52!!!!!! You better believe I whipped out my credit card! :D

Fruit Smoothie, you are mine! :twisted:

smartcookie44 01-02-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylorgrad
I finally got the Sizzix Fruit Smoothie alphabet!!! *cheering* I've been eyeing this ever since I saw it in my LSS, but at a price of near $100 didn't want to touch it. I could never find a deal for it on eBay, either. But ever since I got the Cuttlebug, I've really been wanting to get Fruit Smoothie!

So I checked Creative Xpress the other night, and they were out of stock. I signed up to be notified when it was available again, and today I got the e-mail that it was back in stock -- at a price of $47.52!!!!!! You better believe I whipped out my credit card! :D

Congrats Kelly! That is an awesome deal!

twyant 01-02-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrisella
OK
Yesterday or the day before (many pages of posts before) I posed a question as to what you could do to get the images from the smaller embossing folders to go anywhere on the page. The way they are made, you are rather limited to the lower portion of the page if you want to emboss directly on the page.
Well, I finally bit the dust. While I was at Archivers today I found "Sizix Sidekick Simple Imprssions sidekick Folders" and my little brain (getting littler and littler as I sit at the computer) said maybe this will work. So I came home and cut one of my little folders in half, mounted the two sides in the Sizzix folder then ran it through the Cuttlebug (using a c plate and nothing on top). By changing where the image was placed in the folder, I could emboss pretty much anywhere on the card.
Now I am going to go look up sizzix and figure out how this is really supposed to be used.......
anyway, this gives you a little variety.

This is very cool. Thanks for figuring this out. It has really been bothering me that we are limited for placement of these.

Dawson 01-02-2007 01:43 PM

Cuttlebug Warning

When using your die cuts....I found out the hard way that you can only use one die plate at a time. I tried using three (because they fit) alphabet plates to cut out some letters........ put it together like the book said and started cranking......... C R U N C H !
No warning the top "B" plate cracked in half...but still together if you know what I mean. SO I thought, well its a gonner, might as well finish up my words. I used one plate but cut the paper down to cover the letter I wanted. I tried 2 small pieces. Cranked just enough to die the letter and then backed out. Trying really hard not to roll over the big crack.
Did 9 turns of 7 letters......... "B" plate still cracked like it was but cant see through it....so many cuts..
Thinking its time to just about bury the thing. Well.....might as well see what else it will hold up too! So I placed the cracked "B" plate on the bottom and started embossing some folders. Somewhere around 30 times....its still holding together. Thinking where is the duck tape.....
SO the moral of the story is only use one die cut at a time......no more than 2 pieces of cardstock. When embossing.... one piece only. Vellum you can use 2 but no more. Really afraid to use chipboard at this point. And if the "B" plate cracks.......keep going. I think until it is totally cracked into 2 or more pieces....... I dont see why it cant be used. I do suggest to have another set handy just incase yours breaks in half. One more thing........ center your boards in the center......I noticed that some of them went in a little crooked and there is now marks on the green sides. Placing your dies and folders in the center and not directly on the top edge also helps.

leney 01-02-2007 01:44 PM

Congrats, Kelly! That is an alphabet I eyes for a long time, too! I signed up to get the e-mails on www.sizzix.com for their Tuesday Teasers. A while back they
had Fruit Smoothie for $45.00! You can bet I ordered it ASAP!!! Then a few weeks later my local craft store had all Sizzix at 60% off. So I got some big Dies and RAT-a-TAT for under $65.00. I think if I am patient enough that I will eventually get a deal like that on the new Night & Day alphabet I really like. I hope Ellison Design will have something like Tuesday Teasers soon, too!! This illness can be controlled and you will be able to acquire quite a stash if you just add to it a little at a time and only buy with coupons and on sales!!

There is a machine for guys! DH and I saw it at Sears. It is a computerized wood carving machine and if you think the Cricut is pricey just wait til you see the price on it! I wish I could have gotten DH a new lathe and I've seen a table saw that stops cutting before it will cut off your fingers. I'd love for him to have those toys! Technology is really changing all of our lives and it sure makes creating a lot more pricey but a lot easier, too!

StampinMelis 01-02-2007 01:53 PM

GRRRRR. www.paperdreamstore called and said they are actually out of the folders I ordered. So no snowflakes for me. *sob*

JanTInk 01-02-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

GRRRRR. www.paperdreamstore called and said they are actually out of the folders I ordered. So no snowflakes for me. *sob*

Yes, they called me too...but they expected to get them in within a short period of time, she said and would ship them out then.

I added the BISK to my order, but they are also sold out of those...geez...guess I'll just have to play with what I have until it comes in!

sarahstampart 01-02-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

I got the same call, too. Hope it won't be long til they can ship that snowflake folder...you all have me so excited about it!!

JulieHRR 01-02-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahstampart
I got the same call, too. Hope it won't be long til they can ship that snowflake folder...you all have me so excited about it!!

Add me to the list of called customers, too. :(

I was so excited, because I got the impression EVERYTHING I was ordering was in stock.

Still, I appreciated that they called me personally to let me know--how many places do that any more????

She also said something about, "I think someone posted about us on a message board, cuz we've been hit with a ton of orders all of a sudden!"

Gee, mebbe? All your fault, Leney! http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...idisaythat.gif

JulieHRR 01-02-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylorgrad

Go, Kelly! Go, Kelly!http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...dancegirl2.gif

StampinMelis 01-02-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
She also said something about, "I think someone posted about us on a message board, cuz we've been hit with a ton of orders all of a sudden!"

LOL Nahhhh....

Good point, though, about them actually calling. I did go to their website and they all appear to still be in stock in that you can still place them in your cart, so I'm a little disappointed in their interface, but I am equally grateful they let me know. :)

Jessrose21 01-02-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawson
When using your die cuts....I found out the hard way that you can only use one die plate at a time. I tried using three (because they fit) alphabet plates to cut out some letters........ put it together like the book said and started cranking......... C R U N C H !
No warning the top "B" plate cracked in half...but still together if you know what I mean. SO I thought, well its a gonner, might as well finish up my words. I used one plate but cut the paper down to cover the letter I wanted. I tried 2 small pieces. Cranked just enough to die the letter and then backed out. Trying really hard not to roll over the big crack.
Did 9 turns of 7 letters......... "B" plate still cracked like it was but cant see through it....so many cuts..
Thinking its time to just about bury the thing. Well.....might as well see what else it will hold up too! So I placed the cracked "B" plate on the bottom and started embossing some folders. Somewhere around 30 times....its still holding together. Thinking where is the duck tape.....
SO the moral of the story is only use one die cut at a time......no more than 2 pieces of cardstock. When embossing.... one piece only. Vellum you can use 2 but no more. Really afraid to use chipboard at this point. And if the "B" plate cracks.......keep going. I think until it is totally cracked into 2 or more pieces....... I dont see why it cant be used. I do suggest to have another set handy just incase yours breaks in half. One more thing........ center your boards in the center......I noticed that some of them went in a little crooked and there is now marks on the green sides. Placing your dies and folders in the center and not directly on the top edge also helps.

You need to call Provo Craft to let them know. A lot of B plates were defective (mine broke clean in half) and they will replace them free of charge, as long as you were using it properly. The girl I talked to was kind of reluctant but said she'd send me one. If you were using it right, don't feel bad about them replacing it. They need to work out the bugs on this thing (pun intended.) It said in the instructions we could use chipboard so if I can't, then this sucker is going back! I want to be able to use chipboard with the red Sizzix steel dies. That's why I bought it. Dang it! :D

dkstampinfool 01-02-2007 02:39 PM

coulda been me...

Uhm - I may be the one who said something about the message board! I got the same call too and told them I had found out about them here and was very excited when I could order all those folders. Bummer that they are out of stock now - wish their site had indicated that. But I do agree that it was very nice of them to call all of us personally. Now for the waiting - and I am soooo not good at waiting! LOL! ;)

Stampin SandyH 01-02-2007 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=Jessrose21]You need to call Provo Craft to let them know. /QUOTE]
Do you have a number for Provo Craft? I went on line and didn't see one. The screw for my CB isn't long enough and I went back to Michaels and they are sold out and have been for awhile or they would have just traded me my CB for a new CB. All I really want is the screw for the handle.

mkoppinger 01-02-2007 03:01 PM

I had a message about my order as well. **sniff sniff** The message said they were hoping to receive there order in the next 2 weeks. :(

amysings 01-02-2007 03:13 PM

[quote=Stampin SandyH]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21
You need to call Provo Craft to let them know. /QUOTE]
Do you have a number for Provo Craft? I went on line and didn't see one. The screw for my CB isn't long enough and I went back to Michaels and they are sold out and have been for awhile or they would have just traded me my CB for a new CB. All I really want is the screw for the handle.

800-955-9490

Stampin SandyH 01-02-2007 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=amysings]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin SandyH

800-955-9490

Thanks!!

lisahenke 01-02-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leney
Congrats, Kelly! That is an alphabet I eyes for a long time, too! I signed up to get the e-mails on www.sizzix.com for their Tuesday Teasers. A while back they
had Fruit Smoothie for $45.00! You can bet I ordered it ASAP!!! Then a few weeks later my local craft store had all Sizzix at 60% off. So I got some big Dies and RAT-a-TAT for under $65.00. I think if I am patient enough that I will eventually get a deal like that on the new Night & Day alphabet I really like. I hope Ellison Design will have something like Tuesday Teasers soon, too!! This illness can be controlled and you will be able to acquire quite a stash if you just add to it a little at a time and only buy with coupons and on sales!!

!

stop it already. I just checked out those alphas and they are too cute. I especially like the Night & Day one, and Fruit smoothy is so squooshy cute! I will not order, I will not order, I have self control! Yah, we'll see for how long-LOL!:)

freedom43 01-02-2007 03:58 PM

This ones for you!!!

1 Attachment(s)
It all started with a certain blog that I visit daily...
then she pointed out that her friend had found a way to use the fiskars plates in the bug...That was it I had to get this machine because it just hurts to dry emboss.
So then the threads started .....
So I made this card for all you enablers out there.............

jeweleintn 01-02-2007 04:12 PM

OMG!!! My little bug just got here! I ordered it before Christmas and the blizzard in Colorado held it up...ARRRGGHH!! But now IT'S HERE!!! gotta go play.... hope these kids don't insist on dinner tonight!

Karen99 01-02-2007 04:22 PM

Sandy, try your screw again. I just put my handle on, and the screw sets down into the handle. It does'nt set flush with it because the little rubber stopper goes in after you screw in the screw. Push your screw in as far as it will go, then tighten with that wrench thingy. Then put the stopper in. HTH...and I hope you know what I mean. Karen.

bemidjibelle 01-02-2007 04:26 PM

Jessrose21, I used my cuttlebug to cut chipboard coasters and had absolutely no trouble. I have also put 2 dies in at the same time, and had no trouble. I think some of the B plates must be defective!

Sue

leney 01-02-2007 04:38 PM

I am sorry guys! I ordered the day after Christmas because someone on here recommended them as reliable so I ordered. DH got me texture plates and no way to use them so I had to get the BISK so i could use them!! JoAnn's was out and Paper Dreams had them!

shari stamper 01-02-2007 05:13 PM

That's okay, Leney, we won't hold it against you for tooo long!! I, too, got the message from Paper Dreams - total bummer!! I agree with Mel that their website should say they are out-of-stock, but I do very much appreciate the heads up. It's like being in a retail store - as long as I am acknowledged and I know someone will be with me, I'm fine. If you ignore me, I'm gonna get tweaked!! So, we'll see what happens, but for now, I'm impressed with their service and their prices!

pinkhedgehog 01-02-2007 05:15 PM

This totally cracks me up. It's like we're locusts. We find a new field of grain, swarm in and demolish it, then one of us finds another field and we swarm over there. If these retailers were smart, they'd hang out here and point us to the next field.

shari stamper 01-02-2007 05:21 PM

As long as they don't get in our way...never get between a crafter and her stamps! Or scrapbooking supplies! It could be very dangerous!! Personally, I think it's all an evil plot and someone is laughing hysterically all the way to the bank...