Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug-itis- *MERGED* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-cuttlebug-itis-%2Amerged%2A-197907/)

JulieHRR 11-10-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotty
oh, I'd be marching right back to that Michael's with my coupon in hand and going to another cashier. When I went there the cashier said the same thing to me. However, I pointed out that while it is made by the same company that MAKES the Cricut, it is entirely different than the Cricut. She looked at the box and said ~ "oh, you are right" and took the 50% coupon right out of my hand with a smile. No where on the coupon does it say that it "excludes" the Cuttlebug machine, die cuts, embossing folders or accessories. Nor does it "exclude" products from Provo Craft. They will have to honor your coupon. I hope your Michael's isn't too far away to at least try again! Good Luck!

Michael's <-----------http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/pfft2.gif

Yeah, what Dotty said!

SkyesMom 11-10-2006 07:17 PM

What comes with the Cuttlebug when you buy it?

SkyesMom 11-10-2006 07:27 PM

I do have a coupon code for Joanns that expires November 30 for 50% one thing on their website. I am seriously thinking of gettin it. the code is NOVA650.

Southtxgirl 11-10-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotty
oh, I'd be marching right back to that Michael's with my coupon in hand and going to another cashier. When I went there the cashier said the same thing to me. However, I pointed out that while it is made by the same company that MAKES the Cricut, it is entirely different than the Cricut. She looked at the box and said ~ "oh, you are right" and took the 50% coupon right out of my hand with a smile. No where on the coupon does it say that it "excludes" the Cuttlebug machine, die cuts, embossing folders or accessories. Nor does it "exclude" products from Provo Craft. They will have to honor your coupon. I hope your Michael's isn't too far away to at least try again! Good Luck!

The same happened to DH. Yep, he bought it for me. The clerk looked at it and said "It's part of the Cricut and pointed to the little tag that said "From the makers of the Cricut." I read it and then she looked at it again and said "oh, okay, let's see if the coupon comes off." It did!!!
Now, I can't wait to use it.
Someone asked earlier how much it weighed.....9 lbs.

myhappyplace 11-10-2006 09:36 PM

These stores kill me. They put out coupons and then want to nit pick over what you can use them for. How long before the fine print on those coupons reads can only be used for a purchase of $15 or less and only on a day that is cloudy and starts with a T and only if the cashier's name begins with a vowel. Otherwise coupon may be used for a purchase of $10 or less.

I wasn't even sure I WANTED this thing, now I'm going to Michael's tomorrow to buy one. LOL Even if I return it. I'm PMS ing...:mrgreen:

etsdas 11-11-2006 02:44 AM

I am way behind on these products. I have simply resisted even looking, due to our very limited storage space, and not knowing how much I would actually use these machines. However, I have seriously needed punches, and this new Cuttlebug looks like it would meet my needs.

Questions - I found a decent sale here:
http://www.scrapbook101.com/default.cfm
Has anyone shopped this site? It looks like there is free shipping for a larger purchase.

Question #2 - the dies often show several items - for example, half a dozen circles. Can you make any one of them from that die? Guess that is what makes it better than a punch... See, I told you I am seriously out of touch with these products! (LOL)

Cat 11-11-2006 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
How long before the fine print on those coupons reads can only be used for a purchase of $15 or less and only on a day that is cloudy and starts with a T and only if the cashier's name begins with a vowel. Otherwise coupon may be used for a purchase of $10 or less.

Oh, I agree. And now, Joann's puts just about everything in the store on sale so you can't use the coupon anyways! Arggh!

Cat 11-11-2006 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas
I am way behind on these products. I have simply resisted even looking, due to our very limited storage space, and not knowing how much I would actually use these machines. However, I have seriously needed punches, and this new Cuttlebug looks like it would meet my needs.

Questions - I found a decent sale here:
http://www.scrapbook101.com/default.cfm
Has anyone shopped this site? It looks like there is free shipping for a larger purchase.

Question #2 - the dies often show several items - for example, half a dozen circles. Can you make any one of them from that die? Guess that is what makes it better than a punch... See, I told you I am seriously out of touch with these products! (LOL)

Dot-I've never bought from them, but I often check their site. This is a great price on the Cricut. I think it's interesting that there are some on-line stores selling the Cricut for less than Jo's and Mike's. KTCrafts has it on sale too, for $220. I have ordered from them and was pleased. I don't know if you save on shipping however.

I also wanted to add, I'm not sure the Cricut or the Cuttlebug could replace all your punches. While they're great for making shapes, I don't think it would be easy to use to cut holes into a card if you wanted to make a 'window'. That's what made me finally break down and buy square punches.

HTH

etsdas 11-11-2006 05:41 AM

Okay, southtxgirl, myhappyplace, dottie and others - let us know as soon as you actually try this out! Are the cuts clean? I think it looks like you turn the handle to run things through - does this mechanism seem to run smoothly?
Dh just said, go for it, and get whatever dies you need.... so I need to act quickly! LOL!

Stampin' Adventurer 11-11-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Well, guess what showed up today at joann.com ????? :rolleyes:

Criminy. :p

You're not talking about the cuttlebug, are you? If so, where, because I couldn't find it on the site.

Stampin' Adventurer 11-11-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Adventurer
You're not talking about the cuttlebug, are you? If so, where, because I couldn't find it on the site.

Never mind--found it when I went under die cut machines.

stampincrazy1 11-11-2006 07:26 AM

Ok, I have a coupon, my Michaels has them...does it just take the thin dies or will it take my big sizzix dies too ?
Alternatively will my big sizzix take the cuttlebug dies, esp the emboss ones ?

HELP

JulieHRR 11-11-2006 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampincrazy1
Ok, I have a coupon, my Michaels has them...does it just take the thin dies or will it take my big sizzix dies too ?
Alternatively will my big sizzix take the cuttlebug dies, esp the emboss ones ?

HELP

It is my understanding that it indeed compatible :grin: , BUT, I highly recommend reading the specs about the machine at the manufacturer's (Provo Craft) site here:

http://www.provocraft.com/products/i...p?cl=cuttlebug

One thing I'm trying to find out and don't see anywhere, is how wide the mouth is on it. The Big Shot has a 6" wide feed, but if the Cuttlebug doesn't, I may not be able to use my largest dies on it, so that's something I need to find out before I even consider getting the CB . . .

kristransue 11-11-2006 08:36 AM

I just ordered it from Joann's with the 50% off coupon (thanks Sarah) and I am going to have DH give it to me for Christmas.(Easy for him good for me) I will be leaving it alone until then, if it gets horrible reviews I will just return it, but at $55 with shipping and tax included, I think that is a great deal for my first die cut machine!

stampincrazy1 11-11-2006 08:39 AM

Some of the bug dies are 4.25 x 5.5....I'm going to go get one & can always return it as Mikes is 2mins away, we have haircuts & a 4hr b'day party :rolleyes: so I'll post later about it....

Heidi

JulieHRR 11-11-2006 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransue
I just ordered it from Joann's with the 50% off coupon (thanks Sarah) and I am going to have DH give it to me for Christmas.(Easy for him good for me) I will be leaving it alone until then, if it gets horrible reviews I will just return it, but at $55 with shipping and tax included, I think that is a great deal for my first die cut machine!

Is the coupon online at the site?

Southtxgirl 11-11-2006 08:57 AM

It was further up on the postings.....

I do have a coupon code for Joanns that expires November 30 for 50% one thing on their website. I am seriously thinking of gettin it. the code is NOVA650.

JulieHRR 11-11-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southtxgirl
It was further up on the postings.....

Oh, thank you! :grin:

Southtxgirl 11-11-2006 09:01 AM

Happy to help Julie. I noticed you are in WA also.

Baylorgrad 11-11-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
What comes with the Cuttlebug when you buy it?

I got one yesterday at Michael's...as far as I can tell/remember from the box, it doesn't come with anything other than the machine, cutting pads, etc. No sample dies, embossing plates.

JulieHRR 11-11-2006 09:52 AM

Mini-jack

Quote:

Happy to help Julie. I noticed you are in WA also.

Happy to meet you, s'txgirl! :grin:

How did you get from South TX all the way to WA???? And, if you haven't been here long, how are you holding up from all the rain? :p

reedross 11-11-2006 09:58 AM

Well........ I just ordered from Joann's!!!! I've been looking at the Cricut for awhile but I just couldn't spend that kind of money - and of course you can't use the coupons on them anymore! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait and get the dies with another coupon next week!!! Thanks everyone for posting the info!

- April C

Southtxgirl 11-11-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Happy to meet you, s'txgirl! :grin:

How did you get from South TX all the way to WA???? And, if you haven't been here long, how are you holding up from all the rain? :p

Long story, short.....DH is military. As for the rain....I must be the only crazy person, but, I LOVE rain. There is just something about it that calms me. We got here a couple of months ago from England.
So, are you getting the CB??? I am about to open my box, so if you have any questions about it, let me know.
:p

Southtxgirl 11-11-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedross
Well........ I just ordered from Joann's!!!! I've been looking at the Cricut for awhile but I just couldn't spend that kind of money - and of course you can't use the coupons on them anymore! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait and get the dies with another coupon next week!!! Thanks everyone for posting the info!
- April C

I was reading on another board that Wal Mart is now starting to carry the Cricut. A lot of scrapbook stores owners are upset about it since it is lower priced than what they are selling it and the dies for.

JulieHRR 11-11-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Long story, short.....DH is military. As for the rain....I must be the only crazy person, but, I LOVE rain. There is just something about it that calms me. We got here a couple of months ago from England.
So, are you getting the CB??? I am about to open my box, so if you have any questions about it, let me know.
:p

#1. I also love the rain! So, you're in good company, chick! ;)

#2. England. I am envious. Never been; dream to go some day . ..

#3. I really REALLY shouldn't have (got a serious van repair bill on Thursday--one of those "ouchie" mamas, UKWIM? Ugh!), but when you alerted me to the coupon code . . .

I TRIED (insert whaling voice) TO RESIST!!! I REALLY DIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!

My finger hovered, trembling . . . and I had a considerable internal battle . . .

"Dammit, Jim--I'm just a stamper!" --Dr. McKoy to Captain Jim Kirk, USS Enterprise

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...borgsmiley.gif

Stampin' Adventurer 11-11-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

I TRIED (insert whaling voice) TO RESIST!!! I REALLY DIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!

My finger hovered, trembling . . . and I had a considerable internal battle . . .

Me too! Couldn't resist with the 50% off coupon (Thanks for that!!!) because they'll probably not allow it in the future. Besides that, I've resisted the Winter Catty pre-order and I don't have any other die cut machines.

steubner 11-11-2006 10:31 AM

The place where I work is a dealer for ProvoCraft. When you sign the dealer agreement, you specifically agree to not sell the Cricut for less than $249 on sale. Those internet buggers are probably undercover dealers who either
a) order too much inventory so no one dares ask what they're doing to move it

or

b) undercover dealers who are too hard to catch.

It just stinks for those of us who play by the rules...

Haven't played with the CB yet, but now I have to!!!!

Annek 11-11-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Adventurer
Me too! Couldn't resist with the 50% off coupon (Thanks for that!!!) because they'll probably not allow it in the future. Besides that, I've resisted the Winter Catty pre-order and I don't have any other die cut machines.

Me too! Thanks S'Txgirl for the coupon code! I actually ventured over to JoAnn's today & they were ALL SOLD OUT of the CB. I had a 40% in store coupon to use BUT after using the 50% online coupon - I still managed to save a wee bit more even w/the shipping & tax. I'll save my 40% coupons for dies!

This is my first die cut machine too - I am so excited to get it! I justified my shopping as it is a birthday present to me from me (my b-day is in one week).

:-) Ok, thanks again all you enablers!!! Keep it up!

Anne

SkyesMom 11-11-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

I was reading on another board that Wal Mart is now starting to carry the Cricut. A lot of scrapbook stores owners are upset about it since it is lower priced than what they are selling it and the dies for.

Is it in just the stores or is it also online too?

CKMom 11-11-2006 12:17 PM

Buggie..

Took DD and went back to Michaels this morning. Have to ask them for the box contents, there was a display, but empty boxes. Went right to the customer service guy. Got the cuttlebug and the animal embossing folder. He took my coupon with no questions, yippee!!!

So, what time are the lessons so I can learn how to use this buggy?

denidill 11-11-2006 12:20 PM

Cuttlebug-itis

I have done some research, went to see some demos on other machines today and I think I have come down with a case of Cuttlebug-itis. Unfortunately, I shall be pining for the little green machine, because it will not be in Canada for a while. Intensely jealous of all American stampers at this moment. But I tracked down that Michaels manager and she assured me they would be getting it in eventually. Must be patient. Must be patient.

SkyesMom 11-11-2006 12:23 PM

I want to get some embossing A2 dies (look on provocrafts site they have some really neat ones) but on their site it says they have five of the same? Not sure what to do about that. Where else online can you get these at?

SkyesMom 11-11-2006 12:34 PM

www.scrapbook101.com has the cuttlebug and they DO ship to canada.

SkyesMom 11-11-2006 12:38 PM

And their alphabetttt sets and embossing folders are on sale.

Scrapworking 11-11-2006 12:41 PM

Picked up mine about an hour ago (returned my big Sizzix (that I hadn't used because I knew something better was coming along that I could find at M's), in fact, they were demo'ing today too. So I got to touch, feel, play with it before I bought it. LOVE it!! Oh my gosh, I'm so impressed by the embossing! I picked up the swirls background and just did it (so easy! it comes with an instruction manual, so you know what pads/spacers to use with each thing). The embossed area is so crisp & sharp. Looks neat with it slightly sanded (patterned paper/solid with a white core). Off to try my QK dies in it!

Sharon

hedgiemama 11-11-2006 12:49 PM

Thank you southtxgirl for the Joann's coupon code. Between that and the darling video, at the Provocraft website (the g even winks at you!), I have been caught by the "BUG".
Please keep reporting how the various dies are working in it, those of you that are playing today. Mine is on it's way! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!;)

denidill 11-11-2006 12:49 PM

thank!

Thank you for this info! Will check it out!! I'm an impatient stamper.:rolleyes:

Skittl1321 11-11-2006 01:00 PM

Can someone tell me the difference between the cuttlebug and the big shot- other than the fact that the sides fold up on the cuttlebug?

Scrapworking 11-11-2006 01:01 PM

Yeah, I'm a want it - have it NOW kind of gal (when I can!). I just ran the QK dies through it...smooth...I even did an intricate snowflake...nice & clean. Everything you need to use them is in the box - and the directions/diagrams are super easy! Next I ran a Sizzix thick die through it - perfect. Sizzlits work great too. Everything cuts cleanly, thoroughly, etc. and I've used thin & cardstock weight patterned paper, 60# cardstock & Bazzill. PS don't forget to make sure you image will come out properly when using one sided paper (pattern or texture side down on the face up die)....and that you can roll both ways!

Sharon

hedgiemama 11-11-2006 01:06 PM

Yee-Haa!!! thanks for the update!