Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug-itis- *MERGED* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cuttlebug-cuttlebug-itis-%2Amerged%2A-197907/)

trudee 11-12-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Does that fray the marker tip at all, Trudee? I always worry about that . . .

I actually don't worry about the edges . . . :confused:

Does this make my chipboard creations sub-standard?

GASP!! nekkid chipboard edges?! BLASPHEMY!!! bwahahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

I use the side of the marker when I use it, so I have not had any fraying. :D

I think I am gonna hafta spring for this fabulous celery buggie. :twisted:

SkyesMom 11-12-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Where are you ordering your dies from, Sarah? ;)

From www.scrapbook101.com they are sale even.

SkyesMom 11-12-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas
There are a couple of other threads about this, I think (it has been a long weekend with all these stressful football games).
Some kind person gave the 50% off code for Joann.com. I just used it and verified my order - so I think it works. NOVA650
No free shipping, as they only allowed one coupon at a time. Then they told me I could order about $15 more for the same postage. So what is a stamper to do? Order more stuff, of course.

(I called the local Michael's today and they said they had sold out of the machine, but still had dies. I did not order any dies online as I have to see that kind of thing in person.

That was me I got the code from ebates.

SkyesMom 11-12-2006 04:42 PM

I am in love with the A2 size embossing folders, did you guys see bloomin dots here----->http://www.scrapbook101.com/pd_cb_em...s_a2_bloom.cfm

and the snowflakes----->http://www.scrapbook101.com/pd_cb_em...snowflakes.cfm

Be still my heart, they are dreamy http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...reamyeyesf.gif

kristransue 11-12-2006 05:03 PM

Okay, so I am surfing scrapbook101 and I see a 'concentric oval' die . . . it is a 3 inch . . .do you think those ovals separate when it is cut?

kristransue 11-12-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
I am in love with the A2 size embossing folders, did you guys see bloomin dots here----->http://www.scrapbook101.com/pd_cb_em...s_a2_bloom.cfm

and the snowflakes----->http://www.scrapbook101.com/pd_cb_em...snowflakes.cfm

Be still my heart, they are dreamy http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...reamyeyesf.gif

Ooooh, they are so pretty

Skittl1321 11-12-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransue
Okay, so I am surfing scrapbook101 and I see a 'concentric oval' die . . . it is a 3 inch . . .do you think those ovals separate when it is cut?

I would think they would.

And the dies like "baby" or "dog" does it cut all those shapes out?

So you can't really just cut something to use the negative image? Since so many other things are being cut around it?

mytime 11-12-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmom
Do I really need this if I have the original, big honkin, red Sizzix (Big Betty to me)? I have been reading most of this thread and I am debating. THe one thing I want to be able to use are the embossing folders. Can I use them in Big Betty - original Sizzix?

Yes I have Big Betty too, and she works just fine! LOL!
Got my Cuttlebug stuff today

Dotty 11-12-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/itwasher.gif

I am innocent of any enabling that has occurred here. I am a victim!

bwa ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Julie,
And, what a pretty little victim you are my dear!! Have I ever told you that your eyes are a "beautiful" shade of brown? You funny girl you!!! tee hee!!!
Oh, and I'd be more than happy to send a care package to your kids.....do they like mac 'n cheese? spaghetti o's? tuna? Ramen noodles? just let me know! bwa hahahaha!
You're just killing me with your comments. I "seriously" need to invest in the following: a plastic keyboard and screen protector for my laptop to protect them from the spewing you cause me to do, and a package of depends, as you nearly have me p**ing my pants I'm laughing so hard! :)

Dotty 11-12-2006 06:25 PM

Wanted to let you know that I just did some embossing with this hot little number and WOWZA!! I bought the 4 pack stitched squares set, and this is WAY COOL!! as Julie would say....I'm bouncin'!! You could easily use either side of these, the positive or negative and they'd look great! Can't wait to get a few of the full card size ones to play with. whoo hoo! I'm glad they came out with this little gizmo, who'da thunk that it would be so much FUN!! Oh, one of the other die cut sets (of 4; a circle, square, oval & rectangle) I got is called "Stamps", very cool too, you can easily use these to make your own postage stamps! Ok, back to crankin' em out!

etsdas 11-12-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
That was me I got the code from ebates.

Thank you for sharing - scrapbook101.com (a person there) told me they would not ship until the end of the month. I was too impatient!

etsdas 11-12-2006 06:36 PM

[quote=Dotty]Wanted to let you know that I just did some embossing with this hot little number and WOWZA!! I bought the 4 pack stitched squares set, and this is WAY COOL!! as Julie would say....I'm bouncin'!! You could easily use either side of these, the positive or negative and they'd look great!

I'll be looking for your samples in the gallery.

'Twould be nice to have a separate spot in the gallery for these....

stagccva 11-12-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Yes I have Big Betty too, and she works just fine! LOL!
Got my Cuttlebug stuff today

Can you use your big ole' dies that go with Big Betty in the Cutterbug?

stagccva 11-12-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccva
Can you use your big ole' dies that go with Big Betty in the Cutterbug?

oops, its late. I meant Cuttlebug.

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotty
Wanted to let you know that I just did some embossing with this hot little number and WOWZA!! I bought the 4 pack stitched squares set, and this is WAY COOL!! as Julie would say....I'm bouncin'!! You could easily use either side of these, the positive or negative and they'd look great! Can't wait to get a few of the full card size ones to play with. whoo hoo!

I got one!!! I got one!!! Thursday I stopped by Joann's and they had 3 different A-2 Embossing Folders--I got Stylized Flowers one!!!! I only bought one because I was afraid to buy too many and then be disappointed.

It worked SPIFFY in the Big Shot--I was http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...studsmatta.gif last night when I tried it!!! DH thought I'd won a prize or something, I wuz soooo excited!

But, I'm having trouble finishing the card because the embossing is sooooo GAAAAAAW-JUS--I don't want to cover any of it up with embellishments, and whatnot! . . . :rolleyes: snort!

And, I'll test drive it again with the CB arrives next week . . . sssshhhhhh!

Quote:

I'm glad they came out with this little gizmo, who'da thunk that it would be so much FUN!! Oh, one of the other die cut sets (of 4; a circle, square, oval & rectangle) I got is called "Stamps", very cool too, you can easily use these to make your own postage stamps! Ok, back to crankin' em out!
Oh, it's gonna kill me to wait for mine to come! Ack!

Show & Tell, when you can, Dotty!!!!! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wetkissf.gif Show & Tell!!! :mrgreen:

MSBetsyZ 11-12-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Thank you for sharing - scrapbook101.com (a person there) told me they would not ship until the end of the month. I was too impatient!

WHAT?????? Darn it! I just ordered 4 of the A-2 size ones! INCLUDING the Stylized Flowers one -- so glad to know I'll have some spiffy examples to look at, Julie! End of the month..............blech!

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotty
Julie,
And, what a pretty little victim you are my dear!! Have I ever told you that your eyes are a "beautiful" shade of brown? You funny girl you!!! tee hee!!!
Oh, and I'd be more than happy to send a care package to your kids.....do they like mac 'n cheese? spaghetti o's? tuna? Ramen noodles? just let me know! bwa hahahaha!

{{{{{{{{Dotty}}}}}}}} You're so sweet! They'll survive. I will, too. I think I have a mondo bottle of BEANO stashed somewhere in one of the cupboards! ;) ROTFL!
http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...rtysmile1f.gif

Oops! chuckle!

Quote:

You're just killing me with your comments. I "seriously" need to invest in the following: a plastic keyboard and screen protector for my laptop to protect them from the spewing you cause me to do, and a package of depends, as you nearly have me p**ing my pants I'm laughing so hard! :)
I am a wicked silly girl, Dotty................ http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/evilgrin.gif

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...huhsmileyf.gif But they have many of the dies and embossing folders in stock, according to their website!

Were they referring to the actual machine itself?

deelite 11-12-2006 08:08 PM

Soooooooooooo basically the reason I need this new celery green machine, is so I can cut chipboard? This is the only thing that I can't do with my sizzix right?
Dee

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deelite
Soooooooooooo basically the reason I need this new celery green machine, is so I can cut chipboard? This is the only thing that I can't do with my sizzix right?
Dee

Dee, you CAN cut with your Sizzix if you're using Sizzix Originals Steel Rule Dies, and you can also use Cuttlebug dies on your Sizzix. But, if you have SIZZLIT Dies, those, and QuicKutz wafer dies will NOT cut through anything thicker than card stock.

Cuttlebug dies are revolutionary new wafer dies that WILL cut through lightweight chipboard. Even if you don't have the CB machine, you can use the CB dies on your Sizzix, AND on your Big Shot. They are cross compatible.

Does that make sense?

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
WHAT?????? Darn it! I just ordered 4 of the A-2 size ones! INCLUDING the Stylized Flowers one -- so glad to know I'll have some spiffy examples to look at, Julie! End of the month..............blech!

Betsy, I just back and looked. Some of the dies are on "pre-order only". But, the A-2 size embossing folders I was interested in are indicating "in stock", not "pre-order only".

I would think that your order for anything that wasn't "pre-order only" will ship ASAP?

deelite 11-12-2006 08:33 PM

Julie thanks! I think it makes sense, if you are saying I don't need the new CB, just the CB dies and I can then cut chipboard?
Dee

JulieHRR 11-12-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deelite
Julie thanks! I think it makes sense, if you are saying I don't need the new CB, just the CB dies and I can then cut chipboard?
Dee

You will need the "converter" accessory, but, then, if you use Sizzlits wafer dies or the Sizzix embossing folders, you probably already have one. So, Yup! ;)

Baylorgrad 11-12-2006 09:58 PM

I tried the Big Shot embossing plates in my Cuttlebug earlier tonight -- it worked fine, but the embossing wasn't as deep as I had hoped it would be. *shrug* I guess that's OK...too much of an embossed look would detract from the overall appearance of the card/project. :)

When I was at Michael's earlier today to pick up some Cuttlebug dies (sliders/ribbon buckles) and two embossing folders (happy birthday and thank you), the cashier asked if I had my coupon. I didn't, since I hadn't checked today's paper. She smiled and said she remembered me from the other day when I bought the Cuttlebug...so she was going to give me the 40 percent off one of the embossing folders! Score! :D

Arlene Bridges 11-13-2006 02:27 AM

Sis bought several Cutterbug embossing templates and a set of slider dies this weekend at Michael's. All of them went thru her Sizzix sidekick. Maybe you might want to just get a few dies/embossing templates?

She got the birthday background embossing template, fancy squares embossing templates, fancy corners embossing templates and the sliders die sets.

JulieHRR 11-13-2006 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylorgrad
. . . When I was at Michael's earlier today to pick up some Cuttlebug dies (sliders/ribbon buckles) and two embossing folders (happy birthday and thank you), the cashier asked if I had my coupon. I didn't, since I hadn't checked today's paper. She smiled and said she remembered me from the other day when I bought the Cuttlebug...so she was going to give me the 40 percent off one of the embossing folders! Score! :D

Serious??? That cashier deserves the employee of the year award!

I'd write a letter to the store manager and submit a copy to Michael's HQ! They are fortunate to have such a savvy and customer service oriented employee working for them! Remarkable!

mnhyrkas 11-13-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

I'd write a letter to the store manager and submit a copy to Michael's HQ! They are fortunate to have such a savvy and customer service oriented employee working for them! Remarkable!

I agree, she needs an award! But dont tell M's HQ's, she'd probably get in trouble!

mnhyrkas 11-13-2006 08:14 AM

I got to try out the cuttlebug at a scrapbook convention this past weekend. Its so cute! It basically seemed very similar to the big shot, but as mentioned the sides fold up for portability. It was set up on those not-to-sturdy tables, and as I used it, it didnt feel unstable at all. They had 3 machines, and over a 2 day period of CONSTANT use, it didnt seem to show any wear. Yes, the cutting plates were etched, but still usable even after all those cuts and embossing. We used the snowflake embossing folder (beautiful, deep, and covered the entire card front), but some strange looking alien snowman diecut that I didn't particularly care for.

They didnt have any brass stencils (you know, the kind to use with a light box), so I dont know if the cuttlebug will work well with that. Anybody who already purchased one want to check it out and report? I think brass stencils can be used with the big shot? The lady who was demoing the big shot had some trouble doing this, but she said it can be done- anyone care to comment?

Southtxgirl 11-13-2006 08:28 AM

Played with my CB last night and the Swirls embossing folder. It worked great!! DH was even impressed. The instruction booklet that comes with it shows what pads to use with the different dies. It does show the Sizzix red dies also. I haven't tried my Sizzix dies yet.

Baylorgrad 11-13-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

She was definitely the most cheerful employee I've *ever* seen working in Michael's! I wish I would have gotten her name so I could write a note to the manager...but I'm sure I'll be going back again! :D

Scrapworking 11-13-2006 08:31 AM

As to the suction - yes it does hold INFINITELY better than the Sidekick ever did! Love that!

The dies on each Cuttlebug plate (2" & the bigger ones) do cut all at once (if you use one piece of paper rather than tiny scraps for each thing)...so yes, it would be hard to use the negative image, though not impossible - you just wouldn't have much of a background - more like an outline.

The big honking Sizzix dies run through just fine. The opening is 6" wide. It will etch your clear plate as noted earlier, but no biggee...just rotate & flip to get as much use out of them as possible. Replacement pads with coupon are reasonable.

The embossing folders are gorgeous through the Cuttlebug! Must find that snowflake one! Not sure how the brass ones would work...you almost need a positive template (front) and the corresponding negative template (back) to make a sandwich for the paper to become embossed. Maybe something like a foam sheet instead of the negative template might work. Think I'll play with this at lunch today. I also heard the Fiskars embossing plates will work in it, but I don't have mine handy to try...I see that they are 5-3/4 x 7 inch, so they should fit. Maybe someone can check that too.

Sharon

JulieHRR 11-13-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapworking
. . .

The big honking Sizzix dies run through just fine. The opening is 6" wide.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...esssmileyf.gif

Uh oh . . . think I PIMP'd . . . ............ ;)

KIDDING!!! I AM KIDDING!!!!

hedgiemama 11-13-2006 09:41 AM

I would love to know just how many of us ordered the Cuttlebug over the weekend? And/or picked it up at the store? The thing hasn't even been advertised, and it is flying off the shelves.
And, I wonder if any will still be in their boxes, wrapped under the tree on Dec. 24th? I bet NOT!

denidill 11-13-2006 09:45 AM

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!

I got my Cuttlebug today!! Love it. Love it. Love it!!!! I tried a QuickKutz...works fantastic. Embossing is amazingly clear and sharp. What a great little machine. I'm going to be doing nothing but cutting out dies! I bought a sweet little tag template and chose some designer paper for it. ADORABLE.

Denise, one happy stamper

JulieHRR 11-13-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidill
I got my Cuttlebug today!! Love it. Love it. Love it!!!! I tried a QuickKutz...works fantastic. Embossing is amazingly clear and sharp. What a great little machine. I'm going to be doing nothing but cutting out dies! I bought a sweet little tag template and chose some designer paper for it. ADORABLE.

Denise, one happy stamper

Oh, Deni!!!!! I can just see you: http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...lissysmile.gif

Happy Cuttlebuggin'! ;)

(giggling)

Annek 11-13-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgiemama
I would love to know just how many of us ordered the Cuttlebug over the weekend? And/or picked it up at the store? The thing hasn't even been advertised, and it is flying off the shelves.
And, I wonder if any will still be in their boxes, wrapped under the tree on Dec. 24th? I bet NOT!

After finding the display at JoAnn's EMPTY this weekend, I ordered mine on Saturday online. I don't have coupons for M's & AC Moore didn't even have them!!!

For those who are using the CB already - can a real novice like me who has never used a die cutting machine before use it pretty easily after reading the directions? I hope...... :-)

Anne

myhappyplace 11-13-2006 09:53 AM

I am NOT giving in, I am NOT giving in...there are other things I need to get first...this can wait, I can get some of the cuttlebug dies and use them in my Sizzix machine.

I can use them in my Sizzix machine right, they're not too big?

I am NOT giving in, I am NOT giving in...

denidill 11-13-2006 09:58 AM

JulieHRR-so right, girl!

Julie,
You got it so right with that smiley dancing around the room. I'm like a little kid at Xmas with a new toy. I was so excited, I tapped out an e-mail to my sister at 100 miles an hour, expounding away on all things good about the CB. Too funny!! But you know what?? It's great to feel like a kid with a new toy. Adults don't often have the opportunity! I can feel my serotonin levels going up and up and up and up. Oh, and those wonderful endorphins too.

JulieHRR 11-13-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek
After finding the display at JoAnn's EMPTY this weekend, I ordered mine on Saturday online. I don't have coupons for M's & AC Moore didn't even have them!!!

For those who are using the CB already - can a real novice like me who has never used a die cutting machine before use it pretty easily after reading the directions? I hope...... :-)

Anne

Total cake walk, Anne-girl! You're gonna love it! ;)

JulieHRR 11-13-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
I am NOT giving in, I am NOT giving in...there are other things I need to get first...this can wait, I can get some of the cuttlebug dies and use them in my Sizzix machine.

I can use them in my Sizzix machine right, they're not too big?

I am NOT giving in, I am NOT giving in...

Yes, you can use 'em in your Sizzix.

But, look at how cute that darn little bug is--pretty green, so portable, and purse like . . .

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...borgsmiley.gif