Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #2681  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloetzuView Post
I've been on hold with cricut for about 45 minutes! URG but finally got someone and they are sending me a new cricut! I've been having some small problems and since there is more then one thing going wrong/wierd they figured it was the machine so they are sending a new one out to me - unfortunately they are out of machines right now and not getting a shipment for a few days so it may take a week or 2 to get.

Waiting on the phone for so long was a pain but i've found that once you get them on the phone their customer service is excellent!!!
I didn't think to ask if they are going to send a prepaid box to send the old one back in? does anyone who has gotten theirs replaced know? I would really hate to think that they are going to make me pay for shipping of the old one!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #2682  
Total Quack

Quote:

how sticky is the stuff from the sign shop? will it come off walls with out riping the paint off if left on for a while?
I had a ton of it on my walls (flat paint). I just took ALL of it off to repaint my Haven. Not one bit of paint came with any of it. I got mine from SignWarehouse.com.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #2683  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
I had a ton of it on my walls (flat paint). I just took ALL of it off to repaint my Haven. Not one bit of paint came with any of it. I got mine from SignWarehouse.com.
Excellent! I just went to their site - there seem to be several choices - do you remember which type you got?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #2684  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Excellent! I just went to their site - there seem to be several choices - do you remember which type you got? I wish they sold samples of each or smaller pieces of each...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #2685  
Total Quack

Quote:

Excellent! I just went to their site - there seem to be several choices - do you remember which type you got? I wish they sold samples of each or smaller pieces of each...

I got the Oracle. Let me check the number. What I got was perforated, and I wouldn't want that feature again, but it worked well and was so inexpensive for soooooo much product.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #2686  
Total Quack

It was the Oracle 631. I bought 12 different colors.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #2687  
Insane Embellisher

I'm reorganizing (i.e. cleaning up) my craft room today... It's still a disaster area but i've thought about it for a while since I always clean it and it always is a mess after I work on anything and realized that the only way I can keep it clean is to ensure I have a dedicated place for everything and that space has to be within arms reach so I can quickly put things away after use. My habit is to pull stuff out, rush to make something last minute and then leave it all out to clean up later because I don't have time at that moment and of course i dont' get back to it until it is really bad.

So I went to Walmart and bought several storage units, labled them all and placed them 'near' me. I need a few more so runnign out now to get a few more. In the process I lined up all my cricut carts and just realized how many I have! I knew I had several but it is much different when they are all in front of you!!! I think I'll be more inspired to use them and make things with this new system. And it should be faster so I can sneak in a few projects when the baby takes a nap! I'll also try to post some things I've done lately! The one thing I want to improve is the storage of the carts... most of my shelves are 16 inches deep so if I put the carts at the back I'm tempted to put stuff in front of them, if I put them in front then they 'cover/hide' other stuff and if I can't see those items I won't use them or go buy another because I think I dont' have it. Does anyone have any suggestions for storing the carts so I can easily see them all without taking up a lot of space?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #2688  
Die Cut Diva

Default Ohhh I just got my new toy :)

Hi there,
I'm a proud owner of a new expressions, what fun this is!! Played around a bit and I was surprised just how easy it is to use, I was a bit intimidated by all the problems that I read about and was ready to fight LOL... Just made my first card with it, granted its rather simple, but I did have fun and everything worked the way it should with the first try!!
meet Josh .
Nice sunny day to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #2689  
Insane Embellisher

..oooopps .. ignore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #2690  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthaView Post
Hi there,
I'm a proud owner of a new expressions, what fun this is!! Played around a bit and I was surprised just how easy it is to use, I was a bit intimidated by all the problems that I read about and was ready to fight LOL... Just made my first card with it, granted its rather simple, but I did have fun and everything worked the way it should with the first try!!
meet Josh .
Nice sunny day to all!
Congratulations on your purchase! You'll have a lot of fun! And yes there are some issues but most are worked out quickly and I think as a percentage of everyone using them the problems are few and far between. Very nice card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #2691  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone! I now have 12 videos on the Cricut Expression. I just uploaded one this morning on using the End Caps from Plantin Schoolbook. Hope you all enjoy.

Cricut Series #1-12-
http://thepinkstamper.blogspot.com/2...es-videos

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #2692  
Die Cut Diva

I just watched this! Absolutely wondnerful, SO helpful!! Now I know why I couldn't get it to work with the end caps, I had the paper saver on LOL.... I thought it was just me being too new to understand the instructions. I feel that this may be a bug in the system, no?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #2693  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthaView Post
I just watched this! Absolutely wondnerful, SO helpful!! Now I know why I couldn't get it to work with the end caps, I had the paper saver on LOL.... I thought it was just me being too new to understand the instructions. I feel that this may be a bug in the system, no?
You are right. It just might be a glitch in their system.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #2694  
Die Cut Diva

still playing here.... I made another card using the cool branch frame from the Home Decor cart: here tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #2695  
Total Quack

Quote:

I'm reorganizing (i.e. cleaning up) my craft room today... It's still a disaster area but i've thought about it for a while since I always clean it and it always is a mess after I work on anything and realized that the only way I can keep it clean is to ensure I have a dedicated place for everything and that space has to be within arms reach so I can quickly put things away after use. My habit is to pull stuff out, rush to make something last minute and then leave it all out to clean up later because I don't have time at that moment and of course i dont' get back to it until it is really bad.

So I went to Walmart and bought several storage units, labled them all and placed them 'near' me. I need a few more so runnign out now to get a few more. In the process I lined up all my cricut carts and just realized how many I have! I knew I had several but it is much different when they are all in front of you!!! I think I'll be more inspired to use them and make things with this new system. And it should be faster so I can sneak in a few projects when the baby takes a nap! I'll also try to post some things I've done lately! The one thing I want to improve is the storage of the carts... most of my shelves are 16 inches deep so if I put the carts at the back I'm tempted to put stuff in front of them, if I put them in front then they 'cover/hide' other stuff and if I can't see those items I won't use them or go buy another because I think I dont' have it. Does anyone have any suggestions for storing the carts so I can easily see them all without taking up a lot of space?

I have a new storage option for my cart here. My dh and I are planning to make one out of wood in the next couple of weeks. It works *really* well for me since I don't use the boxes, keypad layovers, or books at the moment. I just need to get to the carts themselves. I still have all of the other stuff, but I have those put away where they aren't taking up space in my work area.

I will be posting new pictures of my Haven tonight on my blog. I'm so glad to have it painted and back in order. Dh is working on a place for me to put my individual stamps and a cart storage box in wood like the one talked about above.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #2696  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,182 Likes on 513 Posts

Hello
I have the Cricut and have question or two: Dose anyone Know why I can buy this at retials stores? I look at michels and joann and Hobby lobby and can't find it.... I wanted the one called ACCENT ESSENTIALS.... thanks, hotwheels

Another question:

Anyone know anyone that works home Depot Or lowes?? I heard wallpaper with cricit And the home Depot lowes gives free smaple.... And I wanted to try it..... so I thought would ask you all if anyone knows anyone where... that maybe someone can pick me some up? For to try it.... thank hotwheels

PS thanks shell for help on the other thread.... But I love hear if anyone answers or thoughts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #2697  
Insane Embellisher

Cloetzu,
Congrats on setting up your craft space. I keep my cartridges lined up like books on a shelf, I'm lucky I have this unit that is very deep. It's sort of like a drawer/bookshelf/desk, for small places, I got this from a friend who used to have a small apartment and she kept her computer in it. So my Expression sits on top of the 3 drawer part, there is a shelf above the expression for the cartridges (okay, a few cartridges are next to the expression too). Then the small TV and VCR are on top of the unit. The pull out part that makes it a desk is great for putting mats and paper on while cutting, then pushes in when I'm done. I found this made it so easy for me to cut, I didn't have to drag stuff out, like you I can make quick cuts when I'm short on time.

Enjoy your space. Post pictures when you can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #2698  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Hello
I have the Cricut and have question or two: Dose anyone Know why I can buy this at retials stores? I look at michels and joann and Hobby lobby and can't find it.... I wanted the one called ACCENT ESSENTIALS.... thanks, hotwheels

Another question:

Anyone know anyone that works home Depot Or lowes?? I heard wallpaper with cricit And the home Depot lowes gives free smaple.... And I wanted to try it..... so I thought would ask you all if anyone knows anyone where... that maybe someone can pick me some up? For to try it.... thank hotwheels

PS thanks shell for help on the other thread.... But I love hear if anyone answers or thoughts
Hi, Accent essentails comes with the expression and for some reason they make carts that come with the machine uber expensive. try customcrops.com, they may have it cheaper or ebay, it is a nice cart but it does not have as much on it as most of them.

Walpaper: most wallpaper shop will give away discontinued books, I would do that rather than the big-box stores. We have a shop in town that puts them in a basket near the door for anyone to take. I got 15 book one time!!!advise, don't take 15 books you will NEVER go through it! I ended up giving them away!
Lindsay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #2699  
Total Quack

Whew. My Haven is done ... for now. Updated pictures are on my blog.

Now .... I hope to be able to cut with SCAL and give a report on that soon!!!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #2700  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh my word, Shell!!!!! This is what I am talking about having a creative space. I get it now why you call it "Haven". I'll have to show my hubby those pictures. I am jealous, no I envy you. I can't compare my little corner of our guestroom to this incredible space. Thanks so much for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #2701  
Mad Swapper

I am trying to make an envelope for a 3x3 note card and I thought I could use the envelope on Plantin Schoolbook, but I am not having success with getting it sized properly.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #2702  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I can only dream of having a space like the Haven!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #2703  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,648 Likes on 1,565 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Great space -- my dh just moved my stuff into a spare bedroom and sure would love to get it looking like yours one day.:-D
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #2704  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by okimom2girlzView Post
Oh my word, Shell!!!!! This is what I am talking about having a creative space. I get it now why you call it "Haven". I'll have to show my hubby those pictures. I am jealous, no I envy you. I can't compare my little corner of our guestroom to this incredible space. Thanks so much for sharing.

You're too sweet. Remember, though, that when I started, I only had a tackle box to bring out when I wanted to craft. It took me a long time to get to what I have now!! I've crafted with that tackle box, a dedicated 10'x11' room in the basement (other house .... and BIG spiders!! :shock:!!), a non-dedicate space in the basement of this house (in the same room as my woodworking tools ...), the garage, and, now, the Haven. The idea is to just make it work with what you have. I LOVE my space now ... and even love cleaning it up!! LOL!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #2705  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinasmomView Post
I am trying to make an envelope for a 3x3 note card and I thought I could use the envelope on Plantin Schoolbook, but I am not having success with getting it sized properly.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have real dial size selected? If you do, you might want to deselect that. If not, just remember that the envelopes will cut in proportion to the card you cut at the same size - in other words, if you cut a 2" card, the envelope will cut to fit that card IF you cut it at 2" (without real dial size selected), too.

That probably makes no sense.... :rolleyes:

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #2706  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by caterinafmigView Post
Great space -- my dh just moved my stuff into a spare bedroom and sure would love to get it looking like yours one day.:-D

LOL!! Dh doesn't TOUCH my stuff. :mrgreen: He knows better.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #2707  
Total Quack

Thank you all for your sweet comments on my Haven. I'm very proud of it, and I LOVE having that space to create in.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #2708  
Mad Swapper

CDS saves the day! I made my changes in there, and they are perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #2709  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Shell--the room looks GREAT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #2710  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb ZaView Post
Shell--the room looks GREAT!

Thanks, Deb!!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #2711  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Lindsay,
If I Pm email My adreess will you cut some out for me in some to me trying? Let me know And I will pm you... Thanks hotwheels

quote=lindsaymay;12823472]Hi, Accent essentails comes with the expression and for some reason they make carts that come with the machine uber expensive. try customcrops.com, they may have it cheaper or ebay, it is a nice cart but it does not have as much on it as most of them.

Walpaper: most wallpaper shop will give away discontinued books, I would do that rather than the big-box stores. We have a shop in town that puts them in a basket near the door for anyone to take. I got 15 book one time!!!advise, don't take 15 books you will NEVER go through it! I ended up giving them away!
Lindsay[/quote]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #2712  
Gallery Gazer

Has anyone seen what new cartridges are coming out? I am excited about a few of these! http://just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #2713  
Insane Embellisher

Great job on the Haven Shell! I like the new color and how organized everything is! I wish I could paint my space but now that I have all my shelving up I can't bare the idea of painting around them or taking them down ;( I made curtains for the room a while back and I'd love to use a bluish/purple color that is in them for the room! Maybe someday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #2714  
Rubber Obsessor

Must organize my cricut cartridges (as well as my room!! haha) one of these days...I have 41...and I need a way to store them but keep them in boxes..I love looking at the boxes..right now they are on an old shelf I found in the thrift store..but it only fit 40 nicely..so number 41 is flat not upright..anyone know of any inexpensive ways to store them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #2715  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Hello Lindsay,
If I Pm email My adreess will you cut some out for me in some to me trying? Let me know And I will pm you... Thanks hotwheels

quote=lindsaymay;12823472]Hi, Accent essentails comes with the expression and for some reason they make carts that come with the machine uber expensive. try customcrops.com, they may have it cheaper or ebay, it is a nice cart but it does not have as much on it as most of them.

Lindsay
[/QUOTE]

Hi Hot wheels,
Do you want me to try to cut wallpaper? I just have to grab another book at the wallpaper shop, or did you want me to cut you something from AE cartridge? PM me and let me know! Happy to help!
Lindsay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #2716  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Hot wheels,
Do you want me to try to cut wallpaper? I just have to grab another book at the wallpaper shop, or did you want me to cut you something from AE cartridge? PM me and let me know! Happy to help!
Lindsay[/quote]
Hello Lindsay
Can tear the wallpaper or cut send to me trying??? I will Pm you my addresss thanks you so much!!! hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #2717  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have made the first cuts - it took me long enough!!! I know everyone is probably so sorted with this but it took me forever to work out the jargon in the booklet! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #2718  
Total Quack

Quote:

Great job on the Haven Shell! I like the new color and how organized everything is! I wish I could paint my space but now that I have all my shelving up I can't bare the idea of painting around them or taking them down ;( I made curtains for the room a while back and I'd love to use a bluish/purple color that is in them for the room! Maybe someday!

Thanks!!

I tell ya ... we put up shelves last year, and we took them down this year to paint. The shelves are adjustable, so not hard to take up and down. It was soooooo worth it to paint that room, though. I hated the holes in the walls and the patches we had up. Having that room freshly painted and cheerful is wonderful for me. I really, really like it.

I have - imagine this - material that PERFECTLY matches my walls!! I'm going to use it to make a topper for that window in there. All I need right now is a curtain rod.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #2719  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatsCustomCreationView Post
Must organize my cricut cartridges (as well as my room!! haha) one of these days...I have 41...and I need a way to store them but keep them in boxes..I love looking at the boxes..right now they are on an old shelf I found in the thrift store..but it only fit 40 nicely..so number 41 is flat not upright..anyone know of any inexpensive ways to store them?

LOL! Sorry ... I can't help you. I have my boxes all on a shelf, but given a chance, those will head to a closet. I don't use the keypad layovers, books, or boxes when I use the software, and I never cut without it. So, I just don't need all of that cluttering my room now. I just need a place to store them all out of the way. My little cartridge holder works GREAT for me. I just want to remake it in wood.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #2720  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I have made the first cuts - it took me long enough!!! I know everyone is probably so sorted with this but it took me forever to work out the jargon in the booklet! :lol:

Booklet?? You read the booklet?! :confused:

LOL!!!! Not me. I'd rather just figure it all out on my own. LOL! :???:

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes