Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #2441  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole's MomView Post
ok Cricut ladies.............I got a Cricut from dd at Christmas........yahooo!!!! She didn't know which one I wanted and said she kept the receipt just in case. Here is the question.........do I want the reg size or the Exspressions one? Do I need the biggest size? What is the difference between the two?
She said she just wants me to have the one I want so taking it back would not hurt her feelings. Please advise.
Boy, they are both great machines! I just got the Expression for christmas, I had the o-bug for 2 years, I use SCAL software and cut vinal letters for signs so the expression gives me more flexability (and the ability to earn more $$ LOL) but the expression is more tha just a larger machine, It has extra features that are a big help if you are not using a computer to craft. Some times you just need to get away from the screen and it is easier to cut where you want with the expression since you can pick the middle of an item you want to cut areound, use the center point feature and cut. I'd say go for the big one so you don't have (OK wany he he) to upgrade later. Good luck, you will love either of them though!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #2442  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cricut Expressions---where for best price?

My DL gave me a Cricuts Personal cutter for x-mas and I want to trade up for the Expressions. Where should I look for the best price? Online? Walmart or Joann's? Also, if I were to get just two cartridges, what should I start with?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #2443  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I upgraded to the Expression today, courtesy of DH. I purchased mine through Custom Crops, they are still having sales. They can be slow about shipping and responding to e-mails, but I got my machine no problem, in 10 days from ordering. That was shipping from the Mid West to California and it was just fine.

Good Luck and enjoy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #2444  
Glitter Guru

I got the Expression for Christmas from my daughter and family. She has the smaller one which I have used quite a bit. I have watched the video twice and each time it has enlightened me on different features. I think I will really like it, but I love the little one too. It is better to carry with you on a retreat. Not so big and heavy. This way we have the convenience of both. We live a couple minutes from each other, so no problem. I'm anxious to use it and see what I think.
Proud to be a fan club member. #67069
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #2445  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie's_MomView Post
My DL gave me a Cricuts Personal cutter for x-mas and I want to trade up for the Expressions. Where should I look for the best price? Online? Walmart or Joann's? Also, if I were to get just two cartridges, what should I start with?

Try Custom Crops online. It's a great place to start for a good price. Also, you might want to see what price it's going for at JoAnn's online. They have had a very good price in the past couple of weeks, too.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #2446  
Gabfest Goddess

Uggghhh!! I had such a bad experience from Custom Crops!!! I knew that the shipping was going to be about a month because that is how far behind they are right now but I was not expecting this. They did not e-mail me that my order was shipping or anything and they shipped it to my old address, even though they had my new address in the system. My DH went by our old house today and there were two SOAKED packages from them, sitting on the front step and one had been opened from someone. I'm not a happy camper right now with them. I had a bad experience from them this summer but decided to give them another try. This is it folks.... no more shots for them. Just order with caution when you order from CC. They do not communicate at all with you so prepare for that, too.

Hope I'm not sounding too negative. I am still sitting in my bed sick, so that might explain my mood.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #2447  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Uggghhh!! I had such a bad experience from Custom Crops!!! I knew that the shipping was going to be about a month because that is how far behind they are right now but I was not expecting this. They did not e-mail me that my order was shipping or anything and they shipped it to my old address, even though they had my new address in the system. My DH went by our old house today and there were two SOAKED packages from them, sitting on the front step and one had been opened from someone. I'm not a happy camper right now with them. I had a bad experience from them this summer but decided to give them another try. This is it folks.... no more shots for them. Just order with caution when you order from CC. They do not communicate at all with you so prepare for that, too.

Hope I'm not sounding too negative. I am still sitting in my bed sick, so that might explain my mood.

Oh, that would infuriate me. I've not had a bad experience with them, but I did know that they don't communicate with you. I hope nothing you got was ruined!!!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 AM   #2448  
Crimping Master

Quote:

What a shame! I hope yhey go good for everything. I ordered 2 cartridges from them after x-mas last year so I could de the buy 2 get 1 free deal from cricut and I got one in March and the other in April but I got email from them weekly asking me if I wanted to wait or cancel, I actully got my freebie from provocraft before the ones I ordered! All in all though I'm happy with them. If you have an ACMOORE in your area they do bundles that atre a good deal like 4 carts, Design studio, inks and the expression for $300. The way the economy is right now the sales should be around a while! I also like Joanns and joanns.com, no problems there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #2449  
Crimping Master

Default For those who use the computer with your cricut...

Where do you put it? I just got the big E for Christmas and I would like to know what you guys use to hold your expression if you use it with your computer. The baby bug sat next to my computer desk (on a cooler of all things!) but that space is too small. I would like to be able to keep some paper and stuff with it. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 05:27 AM   #2450  
Matboard Maniac

I had the little bug for mere months before I upgraded...personally I think the little one is a waste...so totally my opinion though...

I paper craft at my dining table, thats the only spot I got, with my printer and E on a card table next to it. Not a room but I have a small house, but lucky to have a place none the less...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #2451  
Pearl-ExPert

I have decided to upgrade to the Expressions. I just have to figure out who has the best deal right now. She purchased mine at Meijars in Michigan. I don't know what the E is going for there compared to Walmart or Joanns, Michaels. I have some leg work to do.

Thanks everybody
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #2452  
Insane Embellisher

So i went to Micheals for their boxing day sales... turns out they had the same carts as they did for their black friday sale... but I couldn't resist so I bought Calligraphy, Home Accents and Speaking of Fall. I'm not sure about SOF - it might have to go back.

I'm still hoping to find Seasame Street (font and characters) as well as Wildcard at a good price but my guess is that our Micheals wont bring them in for a long time... oh well I have enough for now ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #2453  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey ladies, I have a Cricut on it's way to me but I have a question about Micheal's and the coupons.

I know you can't use the 40 or 50% off coupons for the machines and carts, but can you use it for the mats and such? Or are all Cricut related items off limits?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #2454  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianyaView Post
Hey ladies, I have a Cricut on it's way to me but I have a question about Micheal's and the coupons.

I know you can't use the 40 or 50% off coupons for the machines and carts, but can you use it for the mats and such? Or are all Cricut related items off limits?
I'm pretty sure that you cannot use a coupon on any Cricut product with a M's coupon. They are pretty strict about it. Now, J's is a different story.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #2455  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I have decided to upgrade to the Expressions. I just have to figure out who has the best deal right now. She purchased mine at Meijars in Michigan. I don't know what the E is going for there compared to Walmart or Joanns, Michaels. I have some leg work to do.

Thanks everybody

You will love the Expression!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #2456  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsaymayView Post
Where do you put it? I just got the big E for Christmas and I would like to know what you guys use to hold your expression if you use it with your computer. The baby bug sat next to my computer desk (on a cooler of all things!) but that space is too small. I would like to be able to keep some paper and stuff with it. Any ideas?

Sorry ... I'm not much help. I have a laptop and take it with me when I go to the Haven. Here's my room, though. On the 6th picture down, you can see my laptop and Cricut area.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #2457  
Total Quack

Quote:

Thanks everybody

Check A.C. Moore online. It usually has some good prices!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 AM   #2458  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
Sorry ... I'm not much help. I have a laptop and take it with me when I go to the Haven. Here's my room, though. On the 6th picture down, you can see my laptop and Cricut area.
Holy cow! what a great space!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 AM   #2459  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

'Space' was/is my big issue now that i've upgraded to the E. I have a large fold out table in my room that I used to use for my sewing stuff but now the E takes up at least 1/2 of it and that is only when using 12x12 mats - if I use a 12x24 I need the entire table! I think you have to look at what space you have and decided if you can leave it out or if you have to put it away between uses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #2460  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

What a great space Shell! My room is about 11x10 and it's home for my sewing, stamping, scrapbooking, general craft and cricut stuff! I have far too much stuff and it really doesn't fit in there but I have to make due! I recently added new shelves to hold some cricut carts and paper! The only space I have left is on the walls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #2461  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloetzuView Post
'Space' was/is my big issue now that i've upgraded to the E. I have a large fold out table in my room that I used to use for my sewing stuff but now the E takes up at least 1/2 of it and that is only when using 12x12 mats - if I use a 12x24 I need the entire table! I think you have to look at what space you have and decided if you can leave it out or if you have to put it away between uses.
I'm just trying to set up a craft area and I have been thinking about making a shelf under my desk top for my expression. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? I just got my expression and that this could be the "best" solution for having it out and available but not on my worksurface.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #2462  
Matboard Maniac

I think as long as your shelf has enough space from the wall, there should be no problem.

I have an L shaped desk and I have the E on the side perpendicular to the wall. This way, it takes little space (relatively!) and I don't have to worry about the mat hitting the wall. I have not had any issues with the mat drooping or falling. I can also move it as I need to to accomodate larger mats but I am not there yet. I don't know if it helped or I just rambled!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #2463  
Matboard Maniac

Quick question. Does anyone know a way to emboss using the Cricut? I know I ran across it somewhere but cannot find it again. I keep debating the Cuttlebug because I love the look of embossing, but really don't want another big tool.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #2464  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got my Cricut E and have not tried to emboss, but I do have a Cutllebug and love it. It is NOT big at all. It folds up and does barely take up any space. It is actually smaller than my toaster

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #2465  
Insane Embellisher

Red face

Quote:

Forget figuring out my own space I'm just moving in with you! What an absolutely wonderful space. I think I need to wipe the drool off my chin...

Stickles Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #2466  
Total Quack

Quote:

Holy cow! what a great space!!!

Thanks. The pictures were taken last January. I have a little that needs to be done in there now.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #2467  
Total Quack

Quote:

What a great space Shell! My room is about 11x10 and it's home for my sewing, stamping, scrapbooking, general craft and cricut stuff! I have far too much stuff and it really doesn't fit in there but I have to make due! I recently added new shelves to hold some cricut carts and paper! The only space I have left is on the walls!

That was the size of my first dedicated craft room. It's doable. It just takes some organization and figuring out what is important to have out.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #2468  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I'm just trying to set up a craft area and I have been thinking about making a shelf under my desk top for my expression. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? I just got my expression and that this could be the "best" solution for having it out and available but not on my worksurface.

Just make sure it doesn't get too hot under there. Other than that, it sounds like a great solution.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #2469  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedabelleView Post
Forget figuring out my own space I'm just moving in with you! What an absolutely wonderful space. I think I need to wipe the drool off my chin...

LOL! Come on down!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #2470  
Gabfest Goddess

Hey girls!! Any cricuting going on today? I'm trying to get the energy to go up to my Loft. I was up all night coughing again and didn't fall asleep until 5:30 am!! My DH had to go to work, too, so I am trying to take care of 5 kids on no sleep. Not fun.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #2471  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Hey girls!! Any cricuting going on today? I'm trying to get the energy to go up to my Loft. I was up all night coughing again and didn't fall asleep until 5:30 am!! My DH had to go to work, too, so I am trying to take care of 5 kids on no sleep. Not fun.
Oh no! That doesn't sound fun. I hope that you get sleep tonight. No cricuting for me today. Work and then a meeting tonight. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow.

Stickles Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #2472  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedabelleView Post
Oh no! That doesn't sound fun. I hope that you get sleep tonight. No cricuting for me today. Work and then a meeting tonight. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks!! I really want to create today, just not sure I have it in me.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #2473  
Total Quack

Quote:

Not here. I did just clean up the Haven. Molly is suppose to come by tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry, Robyn. I hope you get a chance to rest when the little one goes down.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #2474  
Total Quack

Ok SCAL users. I got mine for Christmas. Yippee!!!

Now, though, I need a boost to get me started. It doesn't seem as intuitive as I found DS - and I can't get "select all" to work.....

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #2475  
Stampin' Fool

I got an Expressions for Christmas from my Mom and husband.... also got in on the sale at Michael's and got two more cartridges for $39.99 each (regular $199.99 here in Canada). I work at a scrapbook store (called the Scrapbook Pantry in Calgary) and I emailed my boss and asked her to order me a few more cartridges with her next order...and she did that today! I also have the Design Studio software on order.

I haven't had any time to play yet, though as I have a house full of guests. My sister and niece leave tomorrow and my Mom is here until Friday night.

I am primarily a card maker and have hemmed and hawed about getting this toy for a long time... I'm still not 100% convinced how much I will use it for my cards but I will do my best to incorporate it into my designs... especially for the designs I do for classes at the Pantry.

I sure hope I can figure it all out.... so much to try to catch up on on the SCS Cricut threads! I don't think I'll even try LOL!
Please come visit my blog.... nancy's creative mess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #2476  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I just sent 8 of my carts off to provo craft. I'm still having trouble with them not cutting quite right so they wanted me to cut some shapes and send the shapes and the carts to them. :(

Yuck!! That would be frustrating! I hope you get them back soon - and that they work!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #2477  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I just sent 8 of my carts off to provo craft. I'm still having trouble with them not cutting quite right so they wanted me to cut some shapes and send the shapes and the carts to them. :(
that's not good! what do you mean they wouldn't cut right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #2478  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy1970View Post
... also got in on the sale at Michael's and got two more cartridges for $39.99 each (regular $199.99 here in Canada).
You mean $119.99 per cart right? that's what our micheals here on the east cost (canada) has them for at regular price. I hope yours doesnt have them for $199! I got my E from Walmart for $297 - that's the cheapest I could get it for here.

I also got several carts at the $39.99 sale! Yippy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #2479  
Stampin' Fool

Yes, total typo... regular 119.99 here!!

Quote:

You mean $119.99 per cart right? that's what our micheals here on the east cost (canada) has them for at regular price. I hope yours doesnt have them for $199! I got my E from Walmart for $297 - that's the cheapest I could get it for here.

I also got several carts at the $39.99 sale! Yippy!
Please come visit my blog.... nancy's creative mess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 AM   #2480  
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper

Is custom crops really taking A MONTH to ship orders? I have 2 carts in my basket, one of which is backordered until January 9, which is fine, since they send as the carts are available.

I'd like to have both of the ones I'm ordering my the end of January for a crop I'm going to in February. Geesh!

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes