Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #1521  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maria, you have to have a program to 'unzip' or 'extract' the zipped file. Then you will be able to print it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #1522  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
I have been planning to do the candies also. Do you mind sharing your file where you adjusted the size of the image for printing??
You know our printer treated the wrapper as a picture and I think we used the wallets size! They were a little short but we pulled the hat down and it worked great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #1523  
Matboard Maniac

I did my first and only show for this year, this past weekend. It was a craft show that has been around for 44 years, had over 320 booths, and is very well advertised. They said that there are usually 4,000 people that go through, but I don't think there was that many this year. The morning stayed nice and steady, but the crowds died down around noon and the afternoon was pretty quiet. I was disappointed, because with the high cost of the booth I was hoping to have sold more to help cover the costs. I sold around $425 worth, but the booth cost was $100. :( Since I have a lot of inventory left I have decided to do an Open House at my home in a couple of weeks and hopefully will be able to recoup some more expenses. I have pictures of my set up in my gallery. I had a variety of items including: cards, tile coasters, custom designed travel tumblers, magnetic framed art, candles, altered comp notebooks, altered mini clipboards, Post-it note holders, etc. I have received a lot of great ideas and inspiration from this website and forum. In fact I had to quit logging in, because I kept getting distracted. I would see a new idea and would have to make one. Now that my first show is over with I can spend time on this website again! Thanks again ladies for all of your encouraging words and inspiration. It really means a lot to me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #1524  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
I had my last craft sale of the year on Saturday and sold another $200! My hubby was working my table as I had to oversee the whole sale so I think that is why I did so well! LOL! People were surprised to see a man behind the table and he is an extrovert so very sociable. I think I will have to take him to more sales with me next year!

I didn't sell one acrylic post it holder or the Dawn Griffith style ones. Very disappointed in that! Oh well, at least I have them done already for next year! And I am so making those snowmen popcorn/bars for next year!

My hubby always comes to my shows. We call him the "money man" because he handles the cash and bags all the stuff. Some of my old customers go straight to him as they know who does what at my booth!!! Sometimes I think he makes more sales than I do:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #1525  
Compulsive Stamper

Did a craft show at a High School this weekend and did really well. After booth I made 545.00. Thanks for all the ideas here on this board !! Next one in December. I sold alot of snowman candy bars, post it notes and the tin totes that I decorate up as Receipe and Coupon boxes... got the images at Daisieandcompany.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #1526  
Stampin' Fool

Have to share what happened this morning.

I had a lady at my house this morning to do her Christmas cards. All of my crafts for my next show are out on my dining room table. She noticed them immediately and asked if she could "shop" when she finished her cards. So I'm thinking "shop" means a couple of cute things.

She spent $264 in my dining room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While we were making cards she took out a notebook and started making lists of names, etc. I just about fainted. That is more than I netted from my first show.

THEN, she asked if I would be willing to bring things to her school to let the teachers and staff shop. Around here, the schools are virtually impossible to get into because of the dozens of home-based businesses. They have basically stopped letting anyone come to their schools. I told her I would be happy to do it if the school would allow it.

While this is all very exciting, I now have to craft during the holiday week because she cleaned me out of several of my smaller things. But I am thrilled to have the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #1527  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflathemView Post

I had a lady at my house this morning to do her Christmas cards. All of my crafts for my next show are out on my dining room table. She noticed them immediately and asked if she could "shop" when she finished her cards. So I'm thinking "shop" means a couple of cute things.

She spent $264 in my dining room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While we were making cards she took out a notebook and started making lists of names, etc. I just about fainted. That is more than I netted from my first show.

THEN, she asked if I would be willing to bring things to her school to let the teachers and staff shop. Around here, the schools are virtually impossible to get into because of the dozens of home-based businesses. They have basically stopped letting anyone come to their schools. I told her I would be happy to do it if the school would allow it.

While this is all very exciting, I now have to craft during the holiday week because she cleaned me out of several of my smaller things. But I am thrilled to have the problem.
This is awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #1528  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

What a problem to have spend the week crafting because one person wiped you out. CONGRATS!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #1529  
Die Cut Diva

Way to go!!!! That is pretty exciting that she bought that much stuff.... now you can get busy and craft some more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #1530  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapNKatView Post
What a problem to have spend the week crafting because one person wiped you out. CONGRATS!!!!
I am not going to complain. My goal this year is to earn enough money with my crafting to equal the dorm fees for my daughter. She is changing schools in August and will have to live in a dorm. Right now she is living rent free in an apartment owned by my parents.

While we have enough money in her college fund to pay for the dorm, I just thought it would be a good challenge for me to keep me creating and keep me active in the crafting world. I have 2 stores that are going to start carrying my things in their stores in January and that will be added to my little fund as well.

I am excited, but a bit overwhelmed at times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #1531  
Pearl-ExPert

Damn girl...that is awesome!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #1532  
Stampin' Fool

Such great success stories coming in!! Jenn, Congrats and what a wonderful setup!! I felt like I was in a little gift shop looking at your pictures!! Ssuzanly, Congrats on a great sale!! Do you have any pics to share? cflathem, I bet after you almost fainted you felt like doing a happy dance all around the dining room!! How exciting indeed! Hope you get invited to sell at the school too! Congrats again to all!! Would absolutely love some advice from you high sellers on tips to having $400. $500. and $600. shows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #1533  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriskropmemoriesView Post
Hi Diane,
I have been lurking on these boards for quite some time and have come across some great ideas!
I just wanted to let you know after looking at your pic that we were at the same show!! I saw your table and it was so nicely done. I was actually just a bit jealous
I was fortunate to make back the table fee and make a nice profit but I have to say I was hoping for more from this show since it was my only one this year. I think the weather may have kept some away.
My most successful item that I sold out of were the nugget tins.

Wishing you much success at your next show!
Thank you!
That is so cool! I never even got a chance to look around, BUT you should know people were telling me about the nugget tins. I thought they were nugget purses from the way people described them. I have done them before but try to change it up each year. Tell us what else you had...or message me privately!

I did quite well, but have to say... the key is variety. People like to have an assortment of things to choose from. Also, I do not sell anything if I wouldn't buy it myself.
I am going to be at the Thomas Haney show in Maple Ridge this week-end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #1534  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesladyView Post
Diane- Love your table set up. Great job! Tell me about some of the other things that you have. Any more pics?
Here are a couple close-ups:
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-2010nov-craft-show-cloverdale-003.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-2010nov-craft-show-cloverdale-004.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #1535  
Inking Addict

Quote:

AWESOME!!! Good job!

Maria H.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #1536  
Cardstock Collector

Default Craft Fair Photos, a Freezer Tee, Magnetic Boards & Freebies!

Hey folks,
Just thought I'd pop in and share my craft fair photos with you. I have blogged all about it here: Scrapcation Getaway: Craft Fair Photos, a Freezer Tee, Magnetic Boards & Freebies!

I also have a couple of svg freebies if anyone has scal.

Tamara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1537  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaye JayeView Post
You know our printer treated the wrapper as a picture and I think we used the wallets size! They were a little short but we pulled the hat down and it worked great!
That worked for me, just remember to click that you want more than one copy on the page.;)

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #1538  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

AWESOME
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #1539  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Here are a couple close-ups:
Great pics. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #1540  
Kookie Creator

Hi everyone - been a few weeks since I popped into this thread. I've been quite busy with craft fair madness, LOL!

I had 2 fairs last week & just did a full recap on my blog. You can find the post with a bunch of pics of my booths here:

Kerry's Paper Crafts � Craft Fair Recap: Nov 2010

A few tidbits that I will share with all you ladies, as I love all the info I get on here, so I thought I would give back!

• both shows were a great success, yay! I made over $250 at the first one (a 3 hour event) and over $500 at the show on Saturday (a 6 hour event). I was thrilled!
  • SOLD OUT ITEMS: Snowman Kisses ($2.50 each), Magic Reindeer Food ($1.50 each), Snowmen Hershey Bars ($3 each) Hershey Nugget Tins ($5 each)
  • Other BIG Sellers: Greeting Cards - I sold 17 cards!! I sell mine for $4 each or 3 for $10. The 3 for $10 is a great thing - lots of people took advantage of that. Post-It stands continue to be a big seller. I raised my price to $5 each for these as $4 was just too low. They still sold well. I also sold quite a few of the packaged post-its w/ mini pens at $4 each.
  • I was having major anxiety over some mini scrapbook albums that I had out. I don't know what it is, but man - kids just got for the first thing they see - and they pick it up & start flipping through them. ARGH! It would be OK if they were gentle - but they are NOT! At the first event, part of the charms I had on my "School Days" album were found on the FLOOR. I was not pleased. I don't get why parents don't just tell their little angels to "look but not touch" :(
  • I ended up keeping the mini albums in plastic clear bags on Saturday - as the same thing started happening withing the first 5 mins of the show. I wrote a sign that said "please ask to see contents of album". This worked out GREAT!! I even sold one of my minis for $40!!
  • I had a few older post-it pads that I put out just to get rid of - but I will most likely have to toss them. They were not wrapped in cellophane & they were unfortunately flipped through & bent by MANY small kids & even adults. People just love to come up to the table, and flip through paper as hard as they can. I mean, literally bend the paper back as hard as they can. I just will never understand doing that to someone's product? :confused:
  • Lesson learned: wrap EVERYTHING in plastic bags. Its worth it. :mrgreen:
anyway, I have one more small event & then I'm done for the season. WHEW. It's been nuts but fun. I am hoping to get rid of most of my remaining stash!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:45 AM   #1541  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

that is amazing!! YAYY for you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #1542  
Rubber Obsessor

Popping in to see how you guys are doing.... WHOO-HOO for cflathem, Kerry and Susanlyn!!! Hope everybody does well in whatever shows you have left for the season.

QUESTION - when you do an open house, how do you collect the $$? I was thinking of just putting out a jar with change and letting people check out on the honor system - I mean, these are people I know, right?

Last edited by TinyAcorns; 11-23-2010 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #1543  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had 17 snowman soup left over from my sales so I brought them in to work and sold them all! Yippee!

I am going to bring my nugget tins in too since I only sold one of those! Hopefully people here will buy them! I will only sell them for $5. I will be taking a loss (thanks to shipping, and brokerage fees at the border) but I want to get rid of them!

Good luck to those that have sales coming up! And thanks to all the people who shared their successes and losses.

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #1544  
Stampin' Fool

Kerry, Just finished looking at all your pics and what a wonderful variety of beautiful gift items!! You are truley a great inspiration to all of us! Thanks so much for sharing all the details. Congrats on your sales!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #1545  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
I am going to bring my nugget tins in too since I only sold one of those! Hopefully people here will buy them! I will only sell them for $5. I will be taking a loss (thanks to shipping, and brokerage fees at the border) but I want to get rid of them!
I have had the same problem with these for 2 seasons now. I cannot sell them. Last year I did the tins and sold only a couple. This year I packaged them differently and sold none. I really don't think people knew what they were. They would ask and I would say "hershey nuggets" and they would still have that blank look on their face. I love making them but will have to quit since I can't sell them. I hope you have better luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #1546  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
Hi everyone - been a few weeks since I popped into this thread. I've been quite busy with craft fair madness, LOL!

I had 2 fairs last week & just did a full recap on my blog. You can find the post with a bunch of pics of my booths here:

A few tidbits that I will share with all you ladies, as I love all the info I get on here, so I thought I would give back!

• both shows were a great success, yay! I made over $250 at the first one (a 3 hour event) and over $500 at the show on Saturday (a 6 hour event). I was thrilled!
  • SOLD OUT ITEMS: Snowman Kisses ($2.50 each), Magic Reindeer Food ($1.50 each), Snowmen Hershey Bars ($3 each) Hershey Nugget Tins ($5 each)
  • Other BIG Sellers: Greeting Cards - I sold 17 cards!! I sell mine for $4 each or 3 for $10. The 3 for $10 is a great thing - lots of people took advantage of that. Post-It stands continue to be a big seller. I raised my price to $5 each for these as $4 was just too low. They still sold well. I also sold quite a few of the packaged post-its w/ mini pens at $4 each.
  • I was having major anxiety over some mini scrapbook albums that I had out. I don't know what it is, but man - kids just got for the first thing they see - and they pick it up & start flipping through them. ARGH! It would be OK if they were gentle - but they are NOT! At the first event, part of the charms I had on my "School Days" album were found on the FLOOR. I was not pleased. I don't get why parents don't just tell their little angels to "look but not touch" :(
  • I ended up keeping the mini albums in plastic clear bags on Saturday - as the same thing started happening withing the first 5 mins of the show. I wrote a sign that said "please ask to see contents of album". This worked out GREAT!! I even sold one of my minis for $40!!
  • I had a few older post-it pads that I put out just to get rid of - but I will most likely have to toss them. They were not wrapped in cellophane & they were unfortunately flipped through & bent by MANY small kids & even adults. People just love to come up to the table, and flip through paper as hard as they can. I mean, literally bend the paper back as hard as they can. I just will never understand doing that to someone's product? :confused:
  • Lesson learned: wrap EVERYTHING in plastic bags. Its worth it. :mrgreen:
anyway, I have one more small event & then I'm done for the season. WHEW. It's been nuts but fun. I am hoping to get rid of most of my remaining stash!

Way to go!!! Loved your pics. You have an awesome set up. Your stuff looked very professional and eye catching. I am going to use your pics to inspire me for next year. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #1547  
Kookie Creator

thanks for the kind words everyone! My tables always looked so jam packed to me. (maybe because they are, LOL)

I guess what I mean is, I wish I had more cute display racks that add height like some of you all. I just didn't want to invest too much $$ into that stuff only to have to store it 11 months out of the year. Although, if you can repurpose a rack or storage bin that you already use in your home, that is great!

I might try & see what I can come up with next time around for a better way to add height & make the table a little less crowded. Although the fair goes don't seem to mind. Most of them love looking through all the goodies. So I suppose that is good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #1548  
Stampin' Fool

[QUOTE=pantala40;17611504]Hi everyone - been a few weeks since I popped into this thread. I've been quite busy with craft fair madness, LOL!

QUOTE]

Looks great Kerry! This year, I bought cello bags for everything and I feel so much better about the way things look. They are more professional and I have less anxiety about people letting their kids run wild.
Also, it makes it easier for moving product from home to the show because it is protected and I can package things more compactly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #1549  
Pearl-ExPert

It's been fun reading about everybody's successful fairs! Way to go ladies!

I'm now down to my last fair which is on Dec 4. In both my fairs gift-card holders have been the biggest hit. Especially the purse gift card holders. Second in line are the cocoa packets and the snowman kisses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1550  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Also, it makes it easier for moving product from home to the show because it is protected and I can package things more compactly.
Oh I totally agree with that - I too realized that packing after/before the fair was a breeze because I'd everything packed in cello bags so I didn't have to worry about anything getting damaged.

For certain things, I just keep one item opened up as sample and package all the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #1551  
Pearl-ExPert

I packaged anything I could and it really made it easier with packing and with displaying. I added a gift tag when I could too so it was ready to go as a gift if purchased.

Way to go for all of you sellers. Have a great turkey day!!!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #1552  
Rubber Obsessor

Posting for next year's craft fair ideas. Already did mine in our home town this year. Love all the good stuff on here. Good luck to all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #1553  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

This year, I bought cello bags for everything and I feel so much better about the way things look. They are more professional and I have less anxiety about people letting their kids run wild.
I agree that cello bags really, really help. They keep things nice & clean away from sticky hands. In addition, I was able to put an adhesive hang tab on mine to display on my spinning floor display rack. This $40 rack investment allows me to display so many more items in a small space. Craft show booths are expensive here. My shows cost between $60-$100 per space. Plus, people begin to crowd around them and others try to get in just to see what they are looking at. In case you were wondering, I get my hang tabs here: Hang Tabs

Good Luck to all who still have shows left to do. I am packing away my supplies today since I am done with shows for the year. Leftover goodies will become presents at the hair salon, nail salon, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #1554  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyAcornsView Post
QUESTION - when you do an open house, how do you collect the $$? I was thinking of just putting out a jar with change and letting people check out on the honor system - I mean, these are people I know, right?
Hi- I did 2 open houses at my house and I sat at my kitchen table and everyone just came to me to pay and get bagged up. I think people expect to pay you for your items so no need to feel "funny" about collecting. Just my humble opinion tho.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #1555  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
I found mine at Hobby Lobby with the Christmas candy. (Peppermint sticks used with the cocoa packets).
I got mine at oriental trading co.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #1556  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesladyView Post
I have had the same problem with these for 2 seasons now. I cannot sell them. Last year I did the tins and sold only a couple. This year I packaged them differently and sold none. I really don't think people knew what they were. They would ask and I would say "hershey nuggets" and they would still have that blank look on their face. I love making them but will have to quit since I can't sell them. I hope you have better luck.
Yay! I only have 5 left (started out with 20)! I did not make any profit on them but at least I don't have to eat the chocolate myself (like THAT would have been an issue LOL!)

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #1557  
Matboard Maniac

hi ladies - just popping in to report on my 'big' show this past weekend - it's the Old Deerfield Christmas Sampler - folks from New England have probably heard of it, esp. since it's held at the Big E fairgrounds - well advertised and has been around for many years - I did well, about 450.00 after the 285.00 booth fee :-(
many crafters didn't though...the folks around me barely make the booth fee...the lady across from me came all the way from new jersey and she didn't break even - all I can say is I'm glad I do paper (lots of the other crafters look down on our craft as it's not 'artistic' enough) - well all I say is I made some serious cash !!
post-its on the plastic frames (thank you Kerry) were the biggest seller, followed by my layerd stars, mini post-its and gift card holders - couldn't sell any of my scrabble tile pendants as the show considered them jewelery and that category was full - as mentioned above, spend a little extra and bag all your items
also got 2 more surprises after the show, the gift shop at the hospital I work at is now carrying my stuff and a lady called and ordered 15 of the layered stars...I almost fell off the bed...guess what I did today ;-)
I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am very grateful to all of you for the help I have gotten over the last year - God Bless
carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #1558  
Cardstock Collector

What are the layered stars?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #1559  
Rubber Obsessor

Sounds like almost everyone is doing great on their craft shows. I've got to get my inventory built up again. I just haven't felt like doing anything until recently. I've got lots of ideas, but just getting down to my craft area is another story. Went shopping while in OK and got some more stuff for my products, so I should be good to go.
My next show is December 4th. I had also signed up for another one on December 11th (free) but may cancel that one and do another one on December 12th with a friend. I'm also hosting my first class on December 6th here at my house so I'm going to be busy

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #1560  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapperinmissView Post
What are the layered stars?
the layered stars (other shapes too) and stamped and embossed in different sizes, cut out and layered with double-sided foam tape (hardware dept.), glittered and then I put on Swarowski crystals on the 'points' - my avatar is one and I have others in my gallery - they are fun, but very time consuming
carole
Reply With Quote Likes