Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #5841  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I am getting ready to do my mini cups. Is it just me.. or does it take a long time to decide which papers to use??! I want a variety but am not sure how I will embellish yet.

Who am I kidding? The paper choice is always the hardest part for me! Because then I have to actually use paper that might be perfect for a future project which I have not invented yet!! lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #5842  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 666 Likes on 418 Posts

okay now I am curious... what are the cups you are trying to cover?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #5843  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
okay now I am curious... what are the cups you are trying to cover?
This is a sample of the mini cup idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1.png   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1d.png  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 06:26 AM   #5844  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Diane, I think it is hard to decide on the paper, also. I made some "fall" ones along with Christmas themed ones, as well as a few that were neutral and could be used for most any occasion. The best sellers were the Christmas ones and I will probably only do those this year. I also did not end up using the outer band on all of them, but used a scallop and a seasonal decoration on the front and top of the cup. I'm not sure how I will do that part this year, but I do like a decoration on the top for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 06:44 AM   #5845  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

those are so cute... Okay where do you find the cups?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 06:48 AM   #5846  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

PS I think I would go guy patterns and girly patterns more than holidays for them though. ( cups ) thinking people would give them as gifts right? so, they could stretch through the whole selling season that way.

me, I had my best customer call my work on monday ( while I was out of town picking up dry ice that we sell in our shop) and all she wanted was a "humorous birthday card for a gal turning 70 who likes gardening and animals" ( of which I find this out at 4 pm but being gone all day I have tons to do when I get home) oh and she wants to swing by work on tuesday to pick it up. so, I grab 5 minutes and put every birthday card I have on hand in a basket. ( she bought half of them) so, that was a good thing / but, its a nerve wracking a little too because, I feel like I just fell to ground zero in the birthday card dept. and my husband and secretary laugh at me and go well what did you expect you make these cards to sell right? ( and the honest answer is no, I make them because I enjoy it and if a few sell that is OK) lol..

but, I think those cups are so cute they could seriously kick me into the altering things club.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #5847  
Stampin' Fool

You all are going to love your cup die when you get it. I am using my ScanNCut. Scanned in the template and am having so much fun cutting these out quickly in lots of different designs. You can get 5 of them from one sheet of 12x12.
The cool thing is that you can attach your first layer of paper and then just stack them up like they came. No extra storage space needed until embellishing later.

I am doing mine with all xmas themed because they are going to have xmas goodies inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #5848  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

are those 4oz cups tall enough to put a gift card into?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #5849  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well.. these cups are starbucks kid cocoa cups... ( so no clue on the size)
The Stampin' Bean: Enjoy a Cuppa Joe...TE Sneak Peek Day 3!...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #5850  
Stampin' Fool

No. The 4oz cups are quite small. They are like the large size kitchen use Dixie cups.
Very small but oh so adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2015, 04:23 AM   #5851  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The cups will not hold a gift card, which is why I "promoted" mine as a fun way to give cash or a check to someone. I did make non-holiday ones as mentioned so they could be used at other times of the year, but they did not sell well. Of course, the only venue I have to sell items is the one craft fair I do in late November at a church. The only holiday items that work for it are Thanksgiving or Christmas. I make some things that aren't seasonal, because like someone else mentioned, if it is a gift that can be used all year, then it doesn't need to have a holiday theme. These little cups are hard to resist!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2015, 06:07 AM   #5852  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for enabling my craft habit! I have my coffee cups and lids from last year. I ordered my coffee wrap die this morning. I was thinking I was done with the donated items for the FL church craft show, but these are just too cute to resist. I have beachy-themed papers that are light weight, and as Dave's description indicated, I should be able to cut 2 lightweight paper wraps with one pass, using my Cuttlebug. I have a cricut E2, and wondered if I scanned in my image, used the online design space site, would I be able to cut multiples like Diane did in her scan-n-cut. I am not as tech savvy as I would like to be with the cricut space. I still have digital credit to use from cartridge purchases!!!
One the products for the FL show are ready, I should post some here. I have been having way too much fun making the matchbook style gift card holders in seasonal and nonseasonal patterned papers. I have many dimensional embellishments in my stash and am topping the covers off with them. I also decided to make envelopes for these but found that I can only get one per 8.5x11 sheet. I am using the new SU sticky tape at the top so the envelope can be sealed with just a 1.5" strip of the tape. Regular ds tape closes the sides. I have worked on my packaging as well, having purchased bags from clearbags and have the clear envies from SU (which hold one matchbook card and envie with ease). I am just having so much fun with this now as a hobby, but I don't want the pressure I felt years ago when I did three craft shows. Then the factory production line became too much like work! Happy creating! Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #5853  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Hmmm now I think I need to go back in there after work and see if they had like 6oz cups? ( that may be big enough for the gift cards?)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #5854  
Glitter Guru

I'm so sorry to everyone who asked for the link to the die....I apologize but I have been busy busy busy. Thank you to whoever did post the link to Dies by Dave's storenvy link! I cannot wait to get my die! I agree that $23 was a lot of money, but after cutting out 200 by hand, I was willing to pay it! I just ordered 1000 more cups and lids to have in stock for the next several years. I usually do an item for 3-5 years, depending on it's popularity. Gosh, I hope these are popular, this is my first year for these. I do a sleeve of the mini candy bars and was putting 7 in the sleeve and 7 will fit in these cups nicely. I may actually do 4 or 5 of the mini candy bars and then some hard candy to fill it up. I have some pics on my phone of the ones I have made, so I will try to get them shown here. I buy some circle images and print them off and I used those on the little circle area of the lid and they look so cute. I then matched paper to the colors in the image.

Diane, I also have a hard time deciding on paper, FOR ANYHING!, but I mostly just did dots and stripes and snowflakes and random because of the curve of the paper I didnt want anything looking goofy.

For whoever is looking for coasters and calendars, Skybluepink.com is a great resource. I usually get both there, but I wanted to switch up the calendars this year so that they did not have the red lettering and #s on them. I got my coasters from there and I ordered my calendars from Taylored Expressions. Theirs is just one size but the pages are white and the print is all black. They will still be a good size for the coasters as they are 3" wide. I get the 4" square coasters. If you are looking for rectangle coasters, I found some on Etsy.

I would like to add: Skybluepink.com is a great place to order from! I ordered 300 coasters and shipping was like $12.....BUT....if when she goes to mail it, it comes up less, she either refunds your money or sends you some extra product. So I got a few extra coasters AND a $6 refund on shipping. So don't let the shipping cost scare you off too much because she is great about reimbursing or giving you extra product!!

Taylored Expressions has the 2016 calendars in and they shipped quick and are really nice! They have the cardboard backing on them. Skybluepink has 3 different sizes of calendars and they are not as good quality (IMO). Last year I got a bunch and some of them had some quality issues. I actually didn't end up using maybe 5 or 6 because of quality issues, but I had ordered like 60 of them.

Right now while at work I am making some of the Curvy Keepsake boxes that I will put candy in. At home in the evenings I am doing some 3x3 post-it note holders with pens. It's amazing how just switching up the things you are crafting can get you back in the crafting mood! I was getting so tired of making certain items, but these new items really have me happy to be making things again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #5855  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
Diane, I also have a hard time deciding on paper, FOR ANYHING!, but I mostly just did dots and stripes and snowflakes and random because of the curve of the paper I didnt want anything looking goofy.

I got my coasters from there and I ordered my calendars from Taylored Expressions. Theirs is just one size but the pages are white and the print is all black. They will still be a good size for the coasters as they are 3" wide. I get the 4" square coasters. If you are looking for rectangle coasters, I found some on Etsy.
I actually ended up going through my old papers. Some I don't like anymore but I think they will be ok because there will be embellishments and the paper is just a background. With 5 per page cutting out, I did some sets of 5 and 10 of the same design.

Taylored Expressions calendars are very nice. I could justify that cost because I got my coasters for just 5 cents each (deal from a few years ago) but I cannot justify it once I add shipping and CDN/US exchange rate now which just dropped our dollar to 70 cents for your dollar. :(
I saw she has free shipping over $75 but honestly, I think her items are way overpriced for what they are, so there is nothing else I would buy there.
I guess that's why I just buy the digital image and print them out myself. It is more work though!

So good that you are staying in a crafty frame of mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #5856  
Kookie Creator

Kelly - glad to hear you are happy with the Taylored Expressions calendars. That's where I ordered mine this year for the 6x4 acrylic frame memo, pen and calendar item. I am playing with adding 2 clear marble magnets and a binder clip with a strip of the coordinating paper across the straight part, using ribbon and/or raffia on the metal piece. I need to adhere a magnetic strip on the back, but want to cover it with paper so it's not as ugly. I hit a 25% off purchase at Michael's today and found some useful items, like bags of sea shells and anchors with twine attached for my seascape mod podge images on canvas. I am waiting for my coffee cup die and will have the FL family fill with candies. I hope to have the items shipped out on Monday. It feels so good to have the crafty enthusiasm! I didn't even know I was in a card-making rut until I was working on the donated items for the craft fair. I cannot wait to play with my new SU stamp/die sets! Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #5857  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Getting ahead

For the first time ever, I'm starting to prepare for craft shows ahead of Time. Hoping to get my coffee wrapper die in the mail today. I will work on mini coffee cups I only made and sold 5 last year. I put them in a coffee caddy and had two pouches of instant coffee in the outside pouch and filled the inside of the cup with chocolate covered espresso coffee beans. One customer bought all five. I will prepare more individual mini coffee cups filled with the beans again. Having trouble finding cutesy fleece to make hats for Hershey snowmen. Am so envious of the people that are able to craft at work. However I do have a flexible schedule, and if I'm not busy at work I go home and craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #5858  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinrealtorView Post
For the first time ever, I'm starting to prepare for craft shows ahead of Time. Hoping to get my coffee wrapper die in the mail today. I will work on mini coffee cups I only made and sold 5 last year. I put them in a coffee caddy and had two pouches of instant coffee in the outside pouch and filled the inside of the cup with chocolate covered espresso coffee beans. One customer bought all five. I will prepare more individual mini coffee cups filled with the beans again. Having trouble finding cutesy fleece to make hats for Hershey snowmen. Am so envious of the people that are able to craft at work. However I do have a flexible schedule, and if I'm not busy at work I go home and craft.
Good for you to be getting started so early!
I covered 200 cups in past couple days and am in middle of applying to coffee sleeve wraps. I am planning to sell individually with maybe hot chocolate or tea pack, or chocolates. I have not decided that part yet because I will wait to see what I can get for a good price when seasonal chocolates and candies come out. I am not sure how these will sell so I plan to make up embellishments for all but not actually fill all the cups right away. I will start with 100. These should sell as I have a totdal of 13 show days scheduled in fall/winter.

The fleece ... it is best to buy after xmas or when it's on sale before xmas. Although I use many patterns that are not xmas too. I have a camouflage and a pink pattern which I used for some of them. Any kind of plaid does well also.

I am headed to Joann's US next week and have a 25% off entire purchase. I am hoping to pick up black fabric to replace my table coverings this year. I am thinking a simple polyester that won't wrinkle or pull easily. Not sure what size to get cut though to fit a 6-8ft table. I suppose I will have to do some math before I go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 02:00 AM   #5859  
Kookie Creator

I finally finished packaging the products to be donated to my sister's CCW table at their church's craft fair in October in FL. I do hope the FL heat doesn't affect the adhesives...the caution for storage is in the box to be mailed this week!
I am including links to the scrapbook-style pages I uploaded this morning to the gallery. I didn't want to upload single images so I hope these will suffice for viewing. The cataracts are really impeding my progress...
On to new ventures (some card packs, mini coffee cups, and acrylic frame memo holders)...my craft table needs to be refreshed! I need my kitchen counters back!
Diane
Embellished Matchbook Style Gift Holders/Envelopes by ciocidi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Decoupaged Seascapes and Beach Life by ciocidi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Decorate your Gift Bags and Boxes! by ciocidi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #5860  
Glitter Guru

ciocidi...these items are all LOVELY!! What a great job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #5861  
Glitter Guru

Here are some of the things I have been working on....

Sock cupcakes...not in the packaging in this pic.
Chapstick holders....they have the Nerds fruit flavored chapstick.
The mini coffee cups...I plan to fill these with candy. The paper straws are cut in half and put in the hole. They are really just for decoration because they look so cute!
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-sock-cupcakes.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-chapstick-butterfly.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-mini-cups.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 07:26 AM   #5862  
Glitter Guru

Here are some cute bags I found at the $ store last year. Each one is filled with some different things. These were I think 10 or 15 bags in each pack so they were economical.
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-frostys-hot-chocolate.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-penguin-polar-treats.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-santas-snack-pack.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #5863  
Glitter Queen

Wow, everyone. Your stuff is so darn cute. I might have to do these cups now! Thanks for the idea. I am currently pushing myself to work ahead of time, too. Last year I missed the holiday season. This will be my first so I want to get it right. Right now I am working on cute washi tape tea light candles. Not exactly holiday themed, but I thought they would be cute stocking stuffers. What do you guys think?

I have 15 sets of holiday tags pretty much done. Is that enough? I plan to do a fair every weekend starting early to mid October.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #5864  
Rubber Obsessor

Cute stuff Kelly! Love the bags! How did you attach the chapsticks? Am thinking about the sock cupcakes. Let's see what colors I can find! Tea light candles are on my list too, hngstudios. I will put paper discs on the top and package them 4/ bag and sell for $3. My hershey whisks did well last year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #5865  
Glitter Guru

Here is the inside of my chapstick...just a strip oF paper glued down to the bottom....well sticky stripped down.
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-inside-butterfly-chapstick.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #5866  
Glitter Queen

Very cute, Kelly. Where did you buy the chapstick again? I was thinking about doing something like that, but making the chapstick myself because I thought it might be cheaper. I just bought a mug template on my silhouette that I'll fill with candy. It will fit a gift card. Any suggestions on candy?

Awesome stampinrealtor!! I do three in a bag. They turned out really well. I was originally going to do 8 in a tube, but the 3 look really nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #5867  
Rubber Obsessor

Kelley, will you be doing test tubes and wands this year? I bought about a dozen of each size but now can't remember what to do with them! Ditto for the Impulse bag sealer from Amazon. If anyone bought the bag sealer, what will you be doing with it? LOL! Also, does chapstick go bad? Thanks, Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #5868  
Glitter Queen

Maria, chapstick doesn't go bad. I make my own, and I still have some from a few years past that still works. If you buy store brand, I think it lasts even longer! I might go store brand this year. Making my own is a little pricey, time consuming, and a bit annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 AM   #5869  
Glitter Queen

Its been a long time since I have been on, but need to get a jump on my crafting this year. Where is everyone getting their cups?

Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 06:13 AM   #5870  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Choice 4 oz. Paper Hot Cup White - 50 / Pack

the lids are sold in packs of 100

(I have never bought these but, this is the ones I found that I think they are using)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #5871  
Glitter Guru

Yes...Webstaurant.com is where I get my cups. I just ordered 1000! LOL In the cups I plan to put candy. My sleeves of mini candy bars always did well, and 7 fit in there. 7 candy bars will actually fit in the cup too, but I may go with 4 of the candy bars (one of each kind) and then fill in with a couple of kisses and a couple of pieces of hard candy, just to keep cost down. I think their "cuteness" will sell them.

I got the Chapstick after Christmas. I got the Nerds kind at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off. I got some Elf on the Shelf Christmas flavored ones at Walmart on their clearance for like 75% off! I didn't post a pic of my Christmas ones because I didn't get a pic taken before I packed them away. I used the Curvy Keepsake box to make the style for these. It looks like a little purse. You just use the side of the Curvy Keepsake box that has the handle and put 2 of them together. Super cute!! I'll try to dig one out and take a pic and post here. The chapstick stands up in these.

I am doing the tubes and wands. I ordered 3 different sizes. 4 inch tubes (which are 1' round, 7 inch tubes (also 1" round) and 12" wands (which I think are 1/2" round). I am switching it up from my normal small test tubes. I will be doing some with gumballs in them, some with kisses in them, and the wands I will be putting sixlets in. The wands are going to get decorated like snowflake wands. I think girls will like those!

These are not mine, just examples I saved for ideas....
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-christmas-wands-candy.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-christmas-tubes.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-gumball-tubes.jpeg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-snowman-tubes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #5872  
Cardstock Collector

I started selling at craft fairs last year and I'm really enjoying the whole process. You have all given me so much inspiration, I really can't express how much I appreciate all the wisdom and information you have shared with me and countless others that I'm sure are lurking in the shadows :-)

I'm hoping your creative minds can help me - a few weeks ago I bought some disposable hand warmers on clearance at Home Depot - only .33 cents! I decided that surely I could decorate and sell them, but I'm having a complete brain block and can't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas? I attached a pic of what they look like, the package measures 6 3/4" x 4/3/4", but can be folded in half. Thank you!

Cara
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-hand-warmer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #5873  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

my guys love those hand and they come in foot warmers too. ( mostly for winter hunting) so, maybe if you decorate the wrapping to be geared towards say duck hunters? ( that is something that happens during the winter here)
or maybe in school colors for parents/fans of athletes? ( stocking stuffers?)

I bet they would fit in little gift bags

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #5874  
Glitter Queen

Ooohh! I love those! I definitely think those could be a good seller. You can definitely decorate them in paper. Package a hand warmer...maybe as a gift card add on? Or just a couple in paper by themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #5875  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cara, do you know the saying "cold hands, warm heart"?. I thought you could do a package with a quote like "warm hands, warm heart". Would people understand that the way I mean it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #5876  
Stampin' Fool

Great ideas and pics.

For those planning to do large style notebooks ...
I noticed yesterday that Target is selling the comp books in their school supply section for 50 cents each, plus the deal is buy one, get one 1/2 off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #5877  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Craft sale best sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by hngstudiosView Post
Ooohh! I love those! I definitely think those could be a good seller. You can definitely decorate them in paper. Package a hand warmer...maybe as a gift card add on? Or just a couple in paper by themselves.
Along the same idea.....a tag that reads "Warm Winter Wishes". If you live where kids play hockey this might be an angle to use in your advertising, especially if they play outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #5878  
Rubber Obsessor

I know those tubes were expensive. I ordered a few of each size too. How much do you sell for? Any recommendation on where to shop for gum balls? A good seller for me last year were elf pants. Fun making them. Starting on those pants now too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #5879  
Glitter Queen

How many fairs do you all do a season? I am trying to figure out how much to make of everything? I plan to make about 20-30 of everything; however, I plan to do a fair every weekend starting mid October. Is that enough to at least start off with?

Also, if you live by a Five Below, they have single post it notes pads for $1. It sounds like a good enough deal??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #5880  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you for those ideas, that helps a lot and gets my creative juices flowing!
Reply With Quote Likes