Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   Mix It Up Challenge - Take Two! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/mix-up-challenge-take-two-549193/)

rositagustafson72 02-29-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes (Post 19231471)
haha..okay, I will work at "early to bed, early to rise...then I can chatter much more with my guys!" Okay, so you are all ladies. but that is what rhymed!

hahaha, last time I looked I was still a lady.

samswindle 03-01-2012 05:49 AM

Morning!! I'm trying to get back to the land of the living. Ended up back in the hospital for two nights because I got pneumonia. But I'm home now and feeling much better. Still tired and sore, but I'm sure that will pass soon!!!

FMcrafter 03-01-2012 06:40 AM

Sam...if you don't stop getting sick I am gonna come over and steal all your crafting supplies!

Suzy800 03-01-2012 07:06 AM

Sam!!! SOOOO good to see you checking in.....and ya......what Lynn said!!!! Luv ya!! Huggsssss

Ashdale 03-01-2012 07:50 AM

Poor Sam!!! :( She just can't cut a break these days!!! Feel Better Sam!!!

dawnmercedes 03-01-2012 08:14 AM

hi! i'm here for midday chitter chatter!!

Donnaml 03-01-2012 08:17 AM

Oh Sam. Hope you feel better soon. Stay out of the hospital....Don't they know you need to get back to playing with us?

marney 03-01-2012 08:25 AM

Good Morning... I hope you all have a great day.. I am going out for lunch today and that is a big thing for me ...as I haven't been out for awhile..then back to getting inky.. I have a couple of things to post but will do so likely to morrow.. love the chatter.. so keep it coming.. i am off to actually try to look like presentable, lol whatever that means..

dawnmercedes 03-01-2012 08:30 AM

*I need to update my DT list on my blog...then crank out some cards/projects before the girls come for Battle of the Books!

muzbysmom 03-01-2012 09:05 AM

Good afternoon ladies! The sun is shining today! We got dumped on (snow) the other day. Hope this helps it melt quickly!

Donnaml 03-01-2012 10:20 AM

Lynn, lets hope it does melt some of that snow:)

Dawn, what is Battle of the Books? Can't wait to see what your projects are:)

Marian, glad to hear you are getting out, that means you must be feeling better:) Have a great lunch date:)

dawnmercedes 03-01-2012 11:02 AM

Battle of the Books:
for us...5th graders through the public library. Teams are 3-5 kids who read from a list of 15 books. (And no, my girls are not reading all of them. they are going to be sad once that battle happens!)
then in 2 weeks we battle...all the teams across town from all the elementary schools. 50 questions and every answer is the title and author from the book list. The groups have costumes and it's a big, big deal!

samswindle 03-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 19232543)
Sam...if you don't stop getting sick I am gonna come over and steal all your crafting supplies!

Yall are so funny!! LOL!! Of course with the flood in my craft room right before my surgery, I can hardly find all my supplies right now anyway!!!:roll::roll:

laurenscraft 03-01-2012 12:28 PM

So Lynn and I are very good at search and rescue, so in no time at all we would have those supplies and goodies all rounded up and in our bags for a little trip to the north and over the border to Lynns homer hole!!!

triasimite 03-01-2012 01:41 PM

Hi girls. I've been MIA for some time now. I wanted to thank Yvonne again for the doilies...every time I make a card I'm thrilled to have them available.

FMcrafter 03-01-2012 02:23 PM

Hey ladies be in later from the homer hole...a friend is coming over with food

Lynn goes off to find an inflateable boat to navigate sams basement...kerra has a rescue lifejacket on

muscrat 03-01-2012 03:12 PM

I turned in the monitor a little before 9 this morning. The battery died, so no sense carrying it around any more than I had to. I think the probe is still in place, though, so I need to do some shaking and shimmying to try to get it loose now. Now when I want it to drop off, it has decided it likes it in there! The good news is that I got to eat two fabulous meals today....

Vickie Y 03-01-2012 04:18 PM

JCI to say hello! I'm still working on swaps. All I can say is, I love creating, but am stressing myself with "what was I thinking" by signing up for so many due all at the same time! (And, I'm on another craft site and have more stick pins to make and mail next week; I just finished making 18 total stick pins for Sam's pin swap!)

Going to cut cardstock to make some black with a splash of color as the final set of cards for one of the swaps I'm trying to finish. Will go for now and check back in before bedtime! :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Donnaml 03-01-2012 04:23 PM

Hey Kathy, good to hear everything turned out good this time around. I received your envie today. I just adore that little hedgehog you colored. You do very good coloring images. Thanks so much for the fence cuts.:)

Donnaml 03-01-2012 04:37 PM

Had to actually get on, the phone is just not cutting it. Kathy, did you actually sew on that card or did you buy one of those tools? Beautiful. I love it.

Vickie, I feel the same way right now. I am still trying to get my cards done for the swaps I am in and don't have a clue what I want to do:(

muscrat 03-01-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnaml (Post 19235143)
Had to actually get on, the phone is just not cutting it. Kathy, did you actually sew on that card or did you buy one of those tools? Beautiful. I love it.

Vickie, I feel the same way right now. I am still trying to get my cards done for the swaps I am in and don't have a clue what I want to do:(

Donna, I have a sewing machine and I love using it. I was going to get the sew easy, but read all the reviews and decided to get a machine instead. And then I can actually sew material if I so desire!

muscrat 03-01-2012 05:28 PM

I guess it's a busy day for everyone....no one here to chat with so I'm going to log off for the night. Goodnight JimBob....

Lynn, if you come in here after I leave....I missed you this >>>>>>>>>much today!!!!

FMcrafter 03-01-2012 05:30 PM

Hey ladies..grumpy had a bacpacking fashion show over take out food...i really think that all of us together had great ideas...did you know you can get disposible travel underwear......who would have thunk

muscrat 03-01-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 19235897)
Hey ladies..grumpy had a bacpacking fashion show over take out food...i really think that all of us together had great ideas...did you know you can get disposible travel underwear......who would have thunk

My DH has disposable underwear...although they aren't supposed to be disposable!! LOLOLOL

muscrat 03-01-2012 05:37 PM

Now I will be able to sleep cause Lynn stopped by!

FMcrafter 03-01-2012 05:41 PM

Throwing kathy on spin to see if that helps

FMcrafter 03-01-2012 05:42 PM

They even have disposible thongs...isnt that redundant....lololol

Vickie Y 03-01-2012 05:51 PM

Hey Donna, you should be receiving an envy from me soon (mailed it on Tuesday); I have only finished one stinkin' card out of 6! In one swap I signed up for 5 different spots!! YIKES! I have the white on white done, the green with any color done, the yellow with any color done, the pink with any color done, and need to focus on getting the black with a splash of color done!! But, I'm tired and have loads of things to do to get ready to go away for the weekend to the stamp show. I want to take a project to work on during down time on Saturday night while in hotel room; I need to gather all my "must have" lists, make sure batteries are fresh in my camera, and above all, I need to remember to have fun! yadda yadda yadda

Yep, it's bedtime for Bonzo! See ya' all tomorrow.

FMcrafter 03-01-2012 06:02 PM

Soo happy i just have one swap left to make...just got my stamps for it so the process begins...but...this is not going to detract me from thinking up a huge doozzy for sunday...mmmuuuhhhaa

Donnaml 03-01-2012 06:26 PM

Vickie, have fun this weekend:)

Kathy, Maybe I should look at the retail stores for a used machine. I like how you sew on the cards:) I don't know how to sew so that is all I would use it for. Had a machine at one time but never used it and gave it away. I know my husband will just shake his head when he finds out I want another one. Oh well, LOL

Lynn, can't wait to see what you have come up with:) Please be easy on us:(

laurenscraft 03-01-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 19234393)
I turned in the monitor a little before 9 this morning. The battery died, so no sense carrying it around any more than I had to. I think the probe is still in place, though, so I need to do some shaking and shimmying to try to get it loose now. Now when I want it to drop off, it has decided it likes it in there! The good news is that I got to eat two fabulous meals today....

Just practice that pole dancing again and the probe will drop right off!!!

dawnmercedes 03-01-2012 06:52 PM

hi lauren...

laurenscraft 03-01-2012 10:36 PM

Hi Dawn, sorry I disappeared and spent some family time since I had been on Skype for ages....

I keep visiting your blog and I love the way you think, very clever cards you make. Well done. I can understand why you are hot property in the design team department.

Suzy800 03-02-2012 02:49 AM

OMGoodness ladies.....it's 5:45 a.m. here right now and my girlfriend and I are just heading to bed!!! We got caught up in making our Smash Books and just kept creating.....lol! We laughed so much.....we'll prob sleep till afternoon tomorrow!! Goodnight!

Vickie Y 03-02-2012 03:14 AM

Good night Yvonne! :) Glad you had a smashing good time!

laurenscraft 03-02-2012 03:57 AM

goodnight Yvonne, I am so pleased you had a great time!!!

Hi Vickie!!

laurenscraft 03-02-2012 04:16 AM

Oh I finally stopped procrastinating and made a card!!

Buttons and bows

dawnmercedes 03-02-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraft (Post 19236703)
Hi Dawn, sorry I disappeared and spent some family time since I had been on Skype for ages....

I keep visiting your blog and I love the way you think, very clever cards you make. Well done. I can understand why you are hot property in the design team department.

Thanks for the compliment, Lauren!! That sure made my day!

dawnmercedes 03-02-2012 04:49 AM

Now, I need a new camera and new glasses...b/c boy are my eyes terrible these days. And it's hard to get a good pix!

muscrat 03-02-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraft (Post 19236367)
Just practice that pole dancing again and the probe will drop right off!!!

Funny you should say this because I was thinking that exact thing..could I booty shake that thing loose??