Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #4041  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Ann, 5 a.m. is pretty early! I hope you have a low key day planned.

Kandie, my SIL and I had a trunk full! LOL My DB just laughed and my DH said they'd have to rent a trailer to get it all back to Wisconsin! And, they're here until the end of March, since they rented a cabin 15 miles north of us. My budget has definitely gone out the window. Your DH is probably right, it's a bit early to put things back out in the porch. Bummer!

Kathy, so sorry about Little Man. Your friends sound wonderful and so sweet of Demo to give you $100 that your DH gave her. I'm glad you had a good birthday with friends. I hope all the financial woes for DS and DIL get taken care of soon. Sending you big hugs and happy thoughts!

I'm so glad I'm not back in Wisconsin with that up and down weather...I'd have to be on meds for headaches and sinus trouble. I sure don't miss that. I feel for all of you who have to deal with it! Praying for an early Spring and no more snow!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 08:57 AM   #4042  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

I found a sneak peek that one of the new in colors will be a yellow and called bumble bee. There's going to be a super bundle ($136.75) coming for April.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #4043  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Hi everyone! It is a lovely, drizzly day here in Northern California. DD1 has already been to work and back home again. I'm hoping to get some crafting in today in between the household chores.

Wow, Gracie, you made a good find at Goodwill. Our local stores have never had anything that good when I've gone in to check them.

Jayne, I'm not sure where to find the scrapbooking thread but would love to see your pages.

So several of you have the hand wax machines and yes, it feels good. I'm curious if it helps with your arthritis.

Please keep us posted about Little Man and his hand. Poor guy. I'm glad your friends gave you a nice party for your birthday, sounds like fun.

What fun that you used to mail play doh clowns to your grandma, Kandie.

Sorry, but I agree with your DH, it is still too early to put your outdoor stuff out probably.

Gracie, my spring allergies are starting to kick in with sneezing. Fortunately, sneezing isn't a symptom of Coronavirus but I'm still concerned that people get worried when I'm out in public and sneezing.

Kathy, I wonder how Bumble Bee compares to Yoyo Yellow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #4044  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Here you go: Jayne’s journal.
Splitcoaststampers - View Single Post - March Scrappin' and Chatter - sbc20mar

And

Splitcoaststampers - View Single Post - March Scrappin' and Chatter - sbc20mar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #4045  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Sharon!

Wow, Jayne, those look fantastic. What a great job you did, hard to believe it was your first one. I think I might be intimidated by a project like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #4046  
Proud Fan Club Member

Little man goes to the burn center tomorrow at 3. I'll know more tomorrow night on what they will do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #4047  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm glad they can get him in tomorrow, Kathy, that is good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #4048  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, thanks for the update
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #4049  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good evening. Today is my DD's birthday, so we went out to lunch. Then we went to her place and played a game, and then DS went home, but the rest of us went for a walk in downtown Waukesa. DD asked if we wanted to walk along the river all the way to the park and back, and I said 'sure', but after 6 or 7 blocks, I said I'm tired. She kinda laughed and reminded me that I agreed to go all that way, which she was estimating as about 3 miles. Anyway at the next corner, we turned and started heading back. It was around 60 degrees, a little breezy, but otherwise really nice. I checked my fitbit when I got home and I had already hit my step goal.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #4050  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Melody, congrats on hitting your step goal!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #4051  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Way to go, Melody, on hitting your step goal.

Any tips on cleaning your craft mat after using alcohol inks? I was just playing with ink and the alcohol ink isn't cleaning up very well at all. It seems to have stained it.

Have you ever purchased paper because you just had to have it and then, years later, didn't understand why you had to have that paper? That is the case with the paper I used with my Posy Power card. I had to have that Kaleidoscope dsp but now, when I look through it, I'm not sure why I had to have it! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #4052  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, your travel journal is fabulous! Like, Catherine said, it's hard to believe it was your first one! So much work! Thanks for sharing it here Sharon.

Sounds like beautiful weather in Waukesha Melody! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.

Kathy, good luck to Little Man tomorrow at the Dr.

Trying to get some cards made but too little time and too many activities going on right now with friends and family. But, as Ann says, people before paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #4053  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, as far as cleaning your mat, do you have the TH Blending Solution? That should help take it off or otherwise alcohol. Mine is stained too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #4054  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Gracie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 04:38 AM   #4055  
Proud Fan Club Member

Try hand sanitizer. It has alcohol in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 04:47 AM   #4056  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning, everyone. Such a lovely day yesterday. We worked outside all day. We’d had three large trees cut down and the stumps removed several weeks ago and now have large holes where huge pieces of trees had hit the ground. I had a good time shoveling dirt into the holes because it was so nice out and good to breathe fresh air. DH was trying to paint a old table he’d bought and kept yelling at me to quit throwing dirt in the air, lol. So I went out front, scrubbed the front porch and cleaned up the yard a bit.

We both slept really well last night.

After looking at all your beautiful cards I am so ready to be creative again, but I have to get that blanket done first. The baby shower is this coming Saturday.

You know, I looked around the house yesterday, at the knickknacks setting on tables and the cookies in jars in the kitchen, and I realized my home looks like a grandma lives here. Ever so often I get a jolt as I realize I’m nearing 70. Sure don’t feel like it. Any other “grandma” homes out there? I bet Kathy and Ann, you babysitters you, have grandma homes!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 04:47 AM   #4057  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Kathy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 04:59 AM   #4058  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Bad night, with hands hurting. I even took a Tylenol PM. They feel like they are on fire clear up the arms to the elbow. I know it is because of the new strength exercises . It is with a 2 pound weight , three different ones. Well, I go in to PT today. I will ask is it suppose to hurt like that?

Melody, congratulations on your steps count. I did my 10 k a day for a whole week, couple of weeks ago and haven’t hit it since!

Kathy, thinking of Little Man.

Kandie! So scary about your brakes! DH had quick reflexes! Things like that happen so fast; glad you are ok.

Everyone have a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #4059  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon so sorry your hands were hurting last night. Be sure and check with PT, maybe you have to slow down a bit. Hugs!

Kandie, sounds like a great day outdoors! Spring is so rejuvenating for the body and soul! With all my thrift shopping, I'm sure my home is starting to look like a granny house! My brother tells my SIL and I that our houses are going to look like the Klampets (sp) from that old TV show. LOL

Good morning Kathy and everyone. I'm off to my craft morning for hospital and Mahjong in the afternoon. I've been so busy...I'm really missing my craft room at home. Yesterday, went to Sail On Concert by "Beach Boys"...they really sound like them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #4060  
Proud Fan Club Member

I woke early. Morning is the worst for me. I wake with stressful thoughts and then no sense lying there because I won't get back to sleep. Had prayer and devotions and starting to even out mentally. I noticed Jehovah's witnesses stopped at the neighbors. They stopped here last week, but DS2 was on his way out to work and a storm was brewing so they handed him a pamphlet and wished him a good day.

No grandma house here yet, Kandie. No room! Most of my craft stuff is in the living room. The babysitting I do is at little mans house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #4061  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

Praying for little man! Hope they can help him.

I burned my left hand right below the index finger when I was first married. It went down to the bone. An extension cord caught fire as I was plugging in the Christmas tree. The end of the cord was on my hand. I still have a scar!

I have so much respect for people who have come through burns! The pain for that area was tremendous! Cinched off some of my hair too as it caught fire.

All I wanted was the tree lights on and Christmas music playing as I was putting away the groceries for Christmas dinner we were hosting. Still hosted Christmas but could not use my left hand!

No crafting today for me, have to finish cleaning as our new insurance man is coming over - signing up for secondary insurance for when we start Medicare! Such a strange feeling that here we are at that point in our lives.

Sharon, hope you are feeling better today!

Kathy, nice to hear from you, sorry for the stress in your life. HE only gives you what you can handle! Hugs!

Hugs to all as I go wash floors and vacuum!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 08:11 AM   #4062  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I see sunshine out there this morning but it is still on the cool side, I think we are supposed to warm up throughout the week but cooling off next weekend and returning to rainy weather. I'd be good if it rained all week...

I've been working on my cards for the March Fan Club and loving DD2's reaction to the cards. One I finished yesterday she asked if I would save it for her birthday in August. I love it when the family likes what I've created! Looking at how the month is laid out, it looks like the Fan Club gallery should go live next Monday.

Thanks for the suggestion, Kathy, I think I've heard there is a hand sanitizer shortage right now!

I'm sorry for your anxious mornings, Kathy, but thankful that you are evening out. Praying for you and sending hugs.

Glad you had a fun time outside yesterday. We had a drizzly day all day - I did talk DD1 and DH into going for a walk around our loop in the afternoon and chose my time well. I carried an umbrella but didn't use it.

I work very hard to not have a lot of knick knacks and things around the house. Here, there are fewer surfaces for them anyway. But I work hard to limit them because I enjoy my brother's house in Idaho so much. They have hardly anything on their shelves and it is so peaceful.

Sorry you had a bad night, Sharon. I hope the PT can give you some answers.

Gracie you are busy, busy! Have fun with your hospital craft morning and mahjong afternoon.

My craft stuff is in the living room too, Kathy. I like that I can create right where the family is. I do have a tub of wood mounted stamps in my room. I need to just choose a method and un-mount them. There are several methods out there and I have decision paralysis as to which is best.

Goodness, Ann, that burn on your hand sounds so painful. And it didn't get you out of hosting?!

I look forward to hearing the update on Little Man after his appointment today. Off to finish getting ready for work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #4063  
Proud Fan Club Member

It nearly hit 70° today so I decided to try a little fishing. By myself. DS2 had to work so I just went to my uncles pond. The only thing I caught was a piece of driftwood. Boy that bugger was heavy, but I kept at it because I wanted to get it out of there so we don't snag on it again. I saw a couple fish jumping, but none bit on my bait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #4064  
Proud Fan Club Member

Little man's appointment went great! They didn't have to scrape it. They put antibiotic ointment on itand wrapped it. She has to take pictures once a week for the next two weeks and send them to the burn center but they don't think he will have contracture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #4065  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my Kathy, that is so fantastic!! Hug him for me too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #4066  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What a great report, Kathy! Thanks for letting us know.
Kathy, I can’t believe you are fishing already! But, I guess I have seen a couple of fisherman over at the ponds we see from our front window, so I shouldn’t be surprised,

It hasn’t been warm enough yet here for me!

Oh, guess what ? I drove for first time today! My hands seem always sore, but I am sure that will eventually go away. The PT guy today said my body healed and it doesn’t want me moving those wrists that are healed now, so it hurts. The wrists liked not moving. LOL

My weight restriction is a the weight of a gallon of milk. It, coming along. As long as I can drive I can go to my scrap retreat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 05:54 PM   #4067  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Such good news to read on here this evening, yay! Glad to read the good report on Little Man, Kathy, and that you had fun catching a piece of drift wood. OK, really the fun was in fishing, right?

And yay that you are driving again, Sharon, and doing so much better.

Woot, woot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #4068  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Just checking in tonight! Yay! Good news for both Little Man and Sharon!

Tomorrow, I have a day to actually craft! Yippee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 08:29 PM   #4069  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Agree with Catherine...good news...for little man, Sharon, and Kathy able to fish. It makes me smile to know that you had some fun time. Gracie, whoohoo play time. Me too today and soon. I played with my gelli plate last night using a Textured plate I bought last year and I can’t get the ink off it. It looks so pretty lol.

Ann, wow that was a nasty burn.

Thanks for your kind comments on my little journal. I am either going to give it to DGS or I shall write my monthly thoughts in it. I will make a bigger one another week.

It’s strange that spring is about to be sprung your way or has and here it’s autumn and today is summer weather at 34 degrees and tomorrow warmer.

Hugs to you all.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #4070  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 412 Likes on 196 Posts

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #4071  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thing1View Post

I think we have Thing1 following me again lol. Oooh I’m going to have fun guessing this month as they go on 2 threads I go on. Whoohoo...come on out and play Thing1 and where’s Thing2? Lol.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 09:32 PM   #4072  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Now, now, Jayne, next Monday all will be revealed! Patience!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #4073  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Now, now, Jayne, next Monday all will be revealed! Patience!

:lolo::lolo::rolleyes:

I thought they may be stalking me lol..*joke*. 

Whoohoo I made a card and only 2 to go and I’ve caught up on here and still have 2 to do for S2S.  Getting there...plus scrapping to do.  Gosh it’s a tough life lol
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-09-2020 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 12:12 AM   #4074  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody thank you for your kind comment on my card.....why aren’t you asleep? Sleep well
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 05:35 AM   #4075  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Where is everyone? I seem to have been chatting myself for hours....oh I have LOL. I'm coffee'd out. I've just finished my 3rd card for the day...it's drying and tomorrow I will put it together. It's for the coffee party and I tried to think of all things to do with coffee, including using my coffee panel I made for DTGD last year. Now I feel that I need one...a coffee that is. Have fun everyone. I'm whacked
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 05:48 AM   #4076  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies. It’s 9:30 here and getting darker outside. Rain predicted all week long. Such a bad headache here to the point of nausea. At least we’ll be able to see how the holes in the yard flatten out from the rain and how much more dirt we need for the holes.

Kathy, such good news for Little Man, yay!

Sharon, I’m so glad you are able to drive again! Enjoy that freedom to go on your scrap retreat!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 05:49 AM   #4077  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good night, Jayne!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 05:54 AM   #4078  
Proud Fan Club Member

I think my thing is I like vignettes, I always have. I like table tops and china cabinets and countertops that look like they came out of a magazine. They make me feel good visually.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 07:00 AM   #4079  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Sorry no chatting for me last night, we had the insurance guy here and he did not leave till 9:00 P.M. Getting our secondary insurance lined up since Medicare doesn't cover everything! And my drug medicines are so expensive!

Tonight it is the attorney to get our will done! So much to do that crafting is taking a back seat. Oh well it stuff that has to be done.

Sharon, such happy news that you can drive!!

Kathy, so glad to hear that little man is doing well! Burns are horrible!

Off to go eat something and at least look at the challenges and contemplate cards.
Sorry I am behind on commenting too! Well get there!

Thursday I have to bake pies for my number four sons pie day at work which he is in charge of!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 07:07 AM   #4080  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning. Ha! Jayne, I was up till 3:00 a.m. Slept in a bit this morning.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes