Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #121  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenascodragonflyView Post
OMG, I am glad you are ok. You are right--stamping will make you feel better.

thanks
the little one finally went down for a nap for a few minutes, so I could finally get some R&R, been needing it all day, and 8 hours later finally getting those precious alone minutes we all want - ok almost alone, I am on SCS - but again - therapy Still working on swaps too, I have so many to do, but I will get them done, have till Monday - silly me for joining a mega swap - again this year, But it's the thrill of the last minute pressure that keeps me going, hopefully it will keep me going later on tonight, maybe I will make some coffee to perk me up later on
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #122  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
that's so sweet actually, it really is a beautiful sight
I concure, it is beautiful, but I'm not sure he would think so if I put it in his scrapbook. I'll be like Mary and just "treasure these things in my heart" That's one picture I think I'd best keep to myself.

I'm so glad you're ok!!! Praise the Lord no one else was around when it happened.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

January, has come and gone and I am so excited for the new month and all the great new Challenges ahead of us... January came to a close last night I had more than doubled my goal, coming out at the end with 30 completed pages and my goal was only 12. $$$$ went into saving for Paris, desk and shelves got organized, sent out some extra cards for bonus points and lost 15 pounds in the process... So, all is well at my house and I am ready to start a new month... See post #99 for my first page for Feb. But my question is where do we list our bonus points for Lela?
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #124  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Quote:

thanks
the little one finally went down for a nap for a few minutes, so I could finally get some R&R, been needing it all day, and 8 hours later finally getting those precious alone minutes we all want - ok almost alone, I am on SCS - but again - therapy Still working on swaps too, I have so many to do, but I will get them done, have till Monday - silly me for joining a mega swap - again this year, But it's the thrill of the last minute pressure that keeps me going, hopefully it will keep me going later on tonight, maybe I will make some coffee to perk me up later on
ugh, I can't even imagine having to do that many of the same thing! Good for you for getting it done (I'm being positive because I know you will!! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #125  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
January, has come and gone and I am so excited for the new month and all the great new Challenges ahead of us... January came to a close last night I had more than doubled my goal, coming out at the end with 30 completed pages and my goal was only 12. $$$$ went into saving for Paris, desk and shelves got organized, sent out some extra cards for bonus points and lost 15 pounds in the process... So, all is well at my house and I am ready to start a new month... See post #99 for my first page for Feb. But my question is where do we list our bonus points for Lela?
We're just supposed to keep track of our bonus points until the end of the quarter. Then we'll turn them into her and we'll have a prize for the winner. I put mine in my siggy because I knew i would lose them if I kept them anywhere else! lol, speaking of which, I need to update it. Congrats on all you accomplished in Jan!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousey'sMomView Post
We're just supposed to keep track of our bonus points until the end of the quarter. Then we'll turn them into her and we'll have a prize for the winner. I put mine in my siggy because I knew i would lose them if I kept them anywhere else! lol, speaking of which, I need to update it. Congrats on all you accomplished in Jan!!!!
Cool! :cool: Thanks for the info and I think the mental reminder... after I read your post I think I remember knowing that already...(Oh MY... Bad Brain Fart!! as my DS calls them...LOL!!!!)
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #127  

Quote:

good idea on adding to the siggy, at some point I will have to calculate mine from Jan
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #128  

Quote:

ugh, I can't even imagine having to do that many of the same thing! Good for you for getting it done (I'm being positive because I know you will!! )
oh and I will get them done, I know I was irked last time at some people who couldn't get them in on time, As long as they go in the mail by Monday it will be fine, but hoping for Sunday, just keep cutting pieces here and there I think I have it all ready to stamp and assemble now ... I hope :p
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #129  

ooOoOOoo the new pagemaps on www.pagemaps.com are so inspiring. I really need to take the time to put them to use this month!!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, last month didn't work out the way I was hoping. However, I did stick to my unpublished goal of taking one picture per day of my life and what I see. I think I did that for most days. So, my goal for this month is to scrap those pics.

My goal: 31 lo
My budget: undetermined...I am deciding about SAB

This month will be better than last. Ok, now all I have to do is download my pics to get printed. I already have the paper, the album, and the album refills. Good luck to all of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #131  
Mad Swapper

I'm not sure what my $$ budget is since I'm a demo and I've got SAB and I'm a hobby demo. But my scrapbook budget is different than my stamps. So, I PM's Lela for 6 pages and hmmm... $36 for my budget. So $6/ea I did three already. Just posted them yesterday to my gallery.

The challenges seems fun. I know I can do the cards. I'll think about the journaling.

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just love the picture a day idea. Can't wait to see the layouts you complete with those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #133  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Smiling!

Quote:

lol, alright, I've got my first 3 bonus points this month. actually, I probably took like 7 trying to get a good one, but since they were all of the same thing I'll only count it once. This one won't be shared...or scrapped. I'll probably just print it out, tape it in my journal and then delete it. *snicker* I can just see Zeke's face in 20 years when his future wife is looking through his scrapbook and sees it if I scrapped it. LOL!!!! (it's of him nursing!!!!!!!!!!!) ok, i got my laugn for the day. Rather inappropriate scrapbook content. *snicker* I'm still over here giggling...Ok, I'm off for now girls! Later.
You Gals, if you missed it on Oprah, you gotta watch this video clip of the "Last Lecture"! It's powerful! I had just got off the phone with my GF and we had been "complaining" about stuff. I realized after I watched the video clip that my attitude affects my outlook. I've had just the BEST day today looking for things in my life to SMILE about. I got some great photo's like you did Gina of stuff that just makes me HAPPY!

That picture...it will always make you SMILE.

My THOUGHT for today...."To BLESSED to be STRESSED!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #134  
Stazon Splitcoast

Saturday is almost here ladies. Are you ready for some sketch inspiration?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #135  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Whew....

Quote:

OK - it's Feb 1, and well, I am already over budget. Somehow my $100 SAB order got bumped up to $150 .. hmm oh well, I know I will use the stuff, cause it's all ok 60% for workshops coming up.

As far as Thank goodness it's Finally goes, well I am thinking, THank Goodness I finally made it home, I am doing ok. I ended up all over the freeway this morning due to icy conditions, and luckily no damage to me nor anyone else, just some damage to the vehicle. It didn't look too bad at first, but I think it's a little worse than originally thought, so of course later on I was feeling guilty about going overboard on SAB, but I will need the therapy!!
And I guess I can smile about it, since I am ok, just still a little shook up, and thankful I had the road to myself for those 5 seconds or eternity, whatever it was.
Thank Goodness You Finally....stopped shaking right?! I'm SO glad you're ok! The ice here was TERRIBLE also. I went in a little late because I was just too afraid to drive in it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #136  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
YES, I've been lurking all day hoping you would click the button early. Are YOU ready? hee hee I'm so excited I actually ordered more prints from Walgreens in anticipation.......{{{{shivering with excitement}}}}}
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #137  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YES!

Quote:

woot! woot! Just a REMINDER to everyone....Jenn will post her SKETCH Challenge in the Feb Numbers Thread (HERE)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #138  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Thank Goodness I Finally....

FINISHED the last page of my youngest DS 2006 Album. I had ONE page left. ~sigh~ it was blank because I had to move some pages around and being an "obsessive" chronological scrapper, I couldn't put just "anything" in that page, LOL! I finally had a idea and completed it tonight so that I could say....Thank Goodness I Finally.....

Come On Gals, it's Friday....let's use Friday's as a day to get those tough pages done, try a new technique, finish up some pages....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #139  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Thank Goodness ---I finally.....

I am finally finished with my 1965 HAIR page. I posted pics earlier and I still JUST HATED IT. Ugggg. It was on a 8.5 x 11 page and the dsp had this weird pale yellow --almost- vanilla color in it.

I have now made it into a 12 x 12. I found 2 sheets of pale yellow pearlescent pages I had. I stamped my Doodles in the corners and embossed using some Ancient Gold embossing powder. I like it so much better. I still don't like it totally, but at least I like it better kwim?

Now I'm going to walk away from this page and everyone who looks at my HAIR scrapbook in years to come will know--that I was a beginner scrapper. Der, Der, Der. My DH says, "Come on, ....it can't be ROCKET SURGERY"--yeah what--ev.

I've noticed in a couple of recent sb articles about "wanting perfection to the detriment of not even doing the project" They are right. What is perfect in my head should NOT prevent me from trying to get it the way I want it. Gee does any of this post even make sense? Ummmmm, I dunno. Anyway, I've completed what I wanted to achieve this Freaky Frantic Friday.

I hope y'all did too.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #140  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Stamptician....It's midnight

In 7 minutes it will be SATURDAY.....on the East coast. You don't want them girls --OMG, I said them girls, to wait on your sketch do you?

HOKEY Dina, post that sketch so I can think about it. Pluheeeeze:rolleyes:
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #141  
Gallery Gazer

Crop night was a big success for me. I worked on 6 pages and am almost done with all of them. It's the little stuff that I have left on them... just journaling 4 of them, picture placement b/c I have to move a couple around and journaling on one, and then the last one I'm still working on the background b/c I didn't have the supplies I needed. My goal this weekend is to get them all done and get 2 more digi pages done. I am so excited b/c this means that I will already meet my Feb goal, so what I really need to do is raise it to 10. I think that'll still be doable for me.

Looking forward to the sketch tomorrow

As for Friday's theme...Thank goodness I finally caught up on my school grading as this means I can play this weekend. Which is a good thing too since we're taking my almost 2 yr-old DS to see the Doodlebops. I'm hoping we get to meet them so I can take some neat pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay scrappin' friends. I've posted a link to my sketch in the other thread that Lela referenced above. However, I am not a FanClub member and I uploaded 45 minutes ago but it still hasn't been approved. So the only thing I know to tell you is patience....
Happy Scrappin'
Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #143  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's been approved. Wouldn't you know as soon as I posted that message above.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #144  
Kookie Creator

Lela, what are you trying to do to me????????
30. Odette (detscraps) - 30 Pages / $60 Budget

Just a slight heart attack happening over here!!:oops: My goal was actually 8...not 30!!! Although, I will try.......:-P
Thanks! I am going out tonight, but will start some pages tomorrow, starting with Jenn's sketch challenge!!
Odette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #145  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oops!

Quote:

Originally Posted by detscrapsView Post
Lela, what are you trying to do to me????????
30. Odette (detscraps) - 30 Pages / $60 Budget

Just a slight heart attack happening over here!!:oops: My goal was actually 8...not 30!!! Although, I will try.......:-P
Thanks! I am going out tonight, but will start some pages tomorrow, starting with Jenn's sketch challenge!!
Odette
Sorry Hon, I'd rather not be one to give you a heart attack. Not sure where I got that, guess I was speedin'....Sorry, I'll change it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #146  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking It's Saturday!

*Manic Mondays - on Monday's I will post a link to a scraplift or blog page that offers ideas for "multiple" picture l/o's. So many of us have those big events (Christmas, Hanukkah, Birthdays, Sports) that we hold off on scrappin because of so many pictures we need to use. Let's start getting them into our scrapbooks!
*Tootin' Tuesdays - on Tuesday's, let's talk about products we like. I'll start a discussion on a tool/product. Please chime in on what you like to use... (you know we're gonna start with albums, LOL!)
*Wish Wednesday - on Wednesday's we'll keep our WISH WED going. We've only had a couple wishes posted so far but I know there are more out there...
*Thinkin' About Theme's Thursday - on Thursday's, I thought we could share title and theme ideas for various pages. I'll post a theme and we can all share ideas for titles, quotes, variations on that theme for pages.
*TGIF -- Thank Goodness I Finally.... Friday is a fun day and I figured it would be time for us to post something we've "finally" done that week. There are ideas I want to try, things I want to get done, and this is the PLACE we're gonna share them! Motivate yourself to TRY something NEW or GET those pages done you've been hesitant to and then be SURE to post in our TGIF thread so we can all "happy dance" with you!!!

*Scrappin' with Sketches Saturdays - on Saturday's we'll have at least 2 (TWO) Sketch Options EVERY WEEK!! We'll have Sally's through the Scrapbook Sketch Challenge , we will now have Sketchs by Jennipher for our Scrap Challenge Team and occassionally, if I see another sketch that might be fun, we'll add that.

It's time to SCRAP with Sketches!! Let's See what we can do with these 2 GREAT sketchs this week!!

Scrapbook Sketch

Jenn's Sketch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #147  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie_luView Post
Crop night was a big success for me. I worked on 6 pages and am almost done with all of them. It's the little stuff that I have left on them... just journaling 4 of them, picture placement b/c I have to move a couple around and journaling on one, and then the last one I'm still working on the background b/c I didn't have the supplies I needed. My goal this weekend is to get them all done and get 2 more digi pages done. I am so excited b/c this means that I will already meet my Feb goal, so what I really need to do is raise it to 10. I think that'll still be doable for me.

Looking forward to the sketch tomorrow

As for Friday's theme...Thank goodness I finally caught up on my school grading as this means I can play this weekend. Which is a good thing too since we're taking my almost 2 yr-old DS to see the Doodlebops. I'm hoping we get to meet them so I can take some neat pictures.
6 Pages done on the 1st....woot! woot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 04:45 AM   #148  

great clean sketches, hoping i can play today

Odette, 8, 30 - no big difference :p just kidding!!!!

thanks lela, got some good sleep and feeling fine, of course they are calling for more weather throughout the week, so we'll see how that goes - the lovely midwest, o on the way back home passed a UPS truck in the ditch and I was thankful i didn't have any packages due yesterday - selfish I know
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 05:01 AM   #149  
Hardware Hotshot

Good Morning.
I am bummed a little, but happy with my Jan results. I am bummed cause last week I started a few pages and wanted them for my Jan totals, but got sick and didn't feel like finishing them up. The good thing is when I get to them I can add them to my FEB total! So that is a good thing about a new month! WOOHOO
I need to straighten up around here a little (kids can help) then I think I will scrap a little before ds's basketball game (hopefully).
My big goal this month is to definatly get those pages that need some extra TLC done so I can get those albums out of my room and move on without guilt! LOLOL!
ANyway just wanted to pop in and say HELLLO! Great job for JAN and Keep Up the Good work for FEB!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #150  
Embossing Fanatic

Red face There's always February

Well,

I didn't do very well in January ... February is not looking to be much calmer for the first few weeks ... but we'll be optimistic ..... RIGHT?!?!?! :confused:

So - for February, I am hoping to get done the rest of my January pages, figure out how to post them here, and complete 12 more pages. Let's say I will budget $50.00 this month.

Thanks,
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 AM   #151  
Hardware Hotshot

I got my first page done for Feb!

SBVC13 I AM 23...in these photographs by Scrapbookmonster at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #152  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapbookmonsterView Post
show off

kidding aside, that's a great page - kudos to you for putting it all together!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Something to do everyday! I love it. Thanks Lela. You've put so much into this. We are all greatful. Happy Saturday everyone. I don't think I'm scrappin' today. Ended up going back to the doctor for another round of antibiotics cause my temperature spiked back up. Thought I was over it but maybe not. Hope you guys like the sketch. I'm loving Sally's this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:21 AM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW. That's awesome. Used multiple challenges. That's great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #155  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Lela, can you lock the January thread in order to prevent accidental posts? Just a thought. I know that I've ended up there a couple of times today by accident.

I don't know about anyone else, but I show all the threads in the forum and it could be confusing.
Confusion?! I'm the master of confusion! Can't remember which thread I am supposed to post in or which one I actually posted in! I've just spent the last half hour looking for a post that I wanted an answer to and never did find it! Anything to simplify gets my vote!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #156  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I am finally finished with my 1965 HAIR page. I posted pics earlier and I still JUST HATED IT. Ugggg. It was on a 8.5 x 11 page and the dsp had this weird pale yellow --almost- vanilla color in it.

I have now made it into a 12 x 12. I found 2 sheets of pale yellow pearlescent pages I had. I stamped my Doodles in the corners and embossed using some Ancient Gold embossing powder. I like it so much better. I still don't like it totally, but at least I like it better kwim?

Now I'm going to walk away from this page and everyone who looks at my HAIR scrapbook in years to come will know--that I was a beginner scrapper. Der, Der, Der. My DH says, "Come on, ....it can't be ROCKET SURGERY"--yeah what--ev.

I've noticed in a couple of recent sb articles about "wanting perfection to the detriment of not even doing the project" They are right. What is perfect in my head should NOT prevent me from trying to get it the way I want it. Gee does any of this post even make sense? Ummmmm, I dunno. Anyway, I've completed what I wanted to achieve this Freaky Frantic Friday.

I hope y'all did too.
OK see if you think this is better. I showed it to DH and he wanted to know what was different. Ummmm "you cant tell the difference between 8.5 x 11 and 12 x 12?" Ugggg. I better just not have much interaction with him today--I may be in one of MY moods. :mad: Later today we are moving the piano from my moms to my house. While I appreciate the gift, I have such a small house and I'm having to pretty much re-arrange my entire life to get this done. Uggg.

I've finally got this thumbnail thing figured out and I sure do like it.
Attached Thumbnails
FEBRUARY 2008 Scrappin' Challenge-1965-hair-left.jpg   FEBRUARY 2008 Scrappin' Challenge-1965-hair-right.jpg  
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #157  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Something to do everyday! I love it. Thanks Lela. You've put so much into this. We are all greatful. Happy Saturday everyone. I don't think I'm scrappin' today. Ended up going back to the doctor for another round of antibiotics cause my temperature spiked back up. Thought I was over it but maybe not. Hope you guys like the sketch. I'm loving Sally's this week.

Oooh feel better girl.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #158  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love it. Beautiful Paper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #159  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Misti. I'm trying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #160  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Inspiration...Ideas....ahhh!

Ok, I should SO not look at scrapbook sketchs before going to bed!! It seemed I spent the WHOLE night doing a mental review of all the picts I have and how I could use the sketchs, LOL!! I couldn't even SCRAP this morning!!! AAAHHHH! Errands and stuff ....yuck! Off for alittle FUN with my youngest DS & I'm sure I'll come back with some "pictures that make me smile!"

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes