Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #641  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is officially Christmas here! I just got done with 'Santa' duties and I just wanted to wish all of you lovely ladies a very Merry Christmas and a Scrappy New Year!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #642  
Gallery Gazer

Merry Christmas Ya'll
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #643  
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas to all my 'imaginary friends' - I hope you're having a fantastic day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #644  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Laugh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
Merry Christmas to all my 'imaginary friends' - I hope you're having a fantastic day.
well...imagine me sitting at my Scrap Desk (on my new comfy chair) working on the Inspiration Challenge page for this week. Put a REALLY big smile on my face....Dinner is in the oven, everyone is playing w/ their new toys, DH is watching TV and life is good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #645  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Scrap Organizing

Ladies,
I have to tell you that the BEST organizing thing I did this year was put my scraps into gallon ziploc bags & then put them in my Rubbermaid box! I sorted by colors and let me tell you, it's so easy to use. I haven't cut into any whole pieces for awhile because I can grab the colors I need & can find them. I can already tell the difference as my scrap bin is starting to get room in it now from actually using the scraps!

Any more "good tips" for organizing you've tried? :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #646  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Great tip, Lela. I'll have to try that. I'm just waiting for our afternoon guests to arrive for dinner and gift opening. I'm exhausted and look forward to getting a good night's sleep tonight. Then I'm hoping to get some scrappin' done this weekend.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #647  
Die Cut Diva

Merry Christmas my "real" friends. Imaginary -- harrumph.... LOL
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #648  
Hardware Hotshot

Merry Christmas! I don't think I'm in any position to be passing along organization tips! My stamps used to be organized by theme, then by size, then alphabetically. Then my mother moved in and that went away! But in exchange, she brought lots of different toys. Now I basically have twice the budget as I used to! I recently divided all my scraps into 2 gallon ziplocs of white/vanilla, black, dsp, in colors, and then color families. I'm working on other ideas...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #649  
Gallery Gazer

hope everyone had a good day. I'm am unzipping and sorting all of the free digi goodies I've been downloading over the last couple of weeks. It's taking awhile, but I'll have lots of new goodies to play with
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #650  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oh fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie_luView Post
hope everyone had a good day. I'm am unzipping and sorting all of the free digi goodies I've been downloading over the last couple of weeks. It's taking awhile, but I'll have lots of new goodies to play with
My DH surprised me with CM Digi Scrapbooking software so I'm going to have to go back thru the thread and pay attention to all of the sites ya'll recommended for freebies...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #651  
Gallery Gazer

You've all been so busy chatting and creating! I left some 'love' but haven't been able to go back that far.

December has been the CRAZIEST month I've had in a long while. The big events are hopefully all done, the drama...hopefully, calmed down...and it's time to finish up my new scrap area. I hope I can reach my goal in a week, but if not I've already done better getting more pages done this year than any other (probably combined!). A lot of those pages are thanks to all of you and your inspiration.

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and an even more blessed 2009!

Happy Scrap'mas'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #652  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Ladies,
I have to tell you that the BEST organizing thing I did this year was put my scraps into gallon ziploc bags & then put them in my Rubbermaid box! I sorted by colors and let me tell you, it's so easy to use. I haven't cut into any whole pieces for awhile because I can grab the colors I need & can find them. I can already tell the difference as my scrap bin is starting to get room in it now from actually using the scraps!

Any more "good tips" for organizing you've tried? :mrgreen:
hee hee, you probably already know my organizing tip is to get rid of them as fast as possible! I've been trying to make a card when I'm done making a page that leaves scraps behind. I figure, if I already took the time to choose and coordinate things, they should look nice on a card, right? It's something I'd like to focus on in the new year so I get more cards done; I'll let you know how it goes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #653  
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Mary Pat - I got a SWEET package last night!!!

We've had a mail strike going on, things have been slow lately and I guess the mail came after I left for my il's yesterday afternoon. Imagine my surprise when I found this amazing package in the door on Christmas eve! What a lovely surprise.

Thanks so much - you sent the most amazing RAK/prize I could have imagined! You were so generous! My first order of business in 2009 is to do some snowy scrapping with the AWESOME stuff you sent me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #654  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

hee hee, you probably already know my organizing tip is to get rid of them as fast as possible! I've been trying to make a card when I'm done making a page that leaves scraps behind. I figure, if I already took the time to choose and coordinate things, they should look nice on a card, right? It's something I'd like to focus on in the new year so I get more cards done; I'll let you know how it goes!
I've been wanting to do that all year but never quite seemed to get it done...I'm gonna join you in making it a part of my 2009 goal :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #655  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Mary Pat - I got a SWEET package last night!!!

We've had a mail strike going on, things have been slow lately and I guess the mail came after I left for my il's yesterday afternoon. Imagine my surprise when I found this amazing package in the door on Christmas eve! What a lovely surprise.

Thanks so much - you sent the most amazing RAK/prize I could have imagined! You were so generous! My first order of business in 2009 is to do some snowy scrapping with the AWESOME stuff you sent me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Wow, how cool that you got it Christmas Eve! I'm so thrilled. I've been wanting to do cards as some have for this thread but just haven't had the time.

By the way, I did get a wonderful card and goody from Lela...THANK YOU! I received it a while ago but life has been more than a bit overwhelming.

Gina, I used a 3x3 from earlier in the year on a birthday gift to one of my crafty friends (there were a group of us) and they all LOVED it...you inspired everyone to do that with their scraps ;-)

Gonna get going and clean up the house a bit.

Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #656  
Gallery Gazer

scraps - i'm bad b/c they tend to go into the trash
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #657  
Gallery Gazer

got my goodies into my PSE and now back to my digi class DH got me for Christmas I am learning so much with it too. Simple things, but tools that are really going to help make my pages pop! Off to bed tonight and I'll be back tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #658  
Hardware Hotshot

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. We did here down in the south. My DD got everything on her list to Santa, I got to talk to my DH for about 30 min and he sounded great! I got a TON of pics (hopefully some are good) and I hope everyone else did to! I can't wait to scrap some and I am going to start up again tomorrow since my brother is coming to town on the 4th and I need to get my december daily album done by then and clean up.....so for everyone who is trying to reach their goals.... the push is ON!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #659  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Works for Me

Quote:

Great Idea Kirsten! Esp since the paper & coordinating inks, embellishments are out! I'll have to try that ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #660  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YAY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie_luView Post
got my goodies into my PSE and now back to my digi class DH got me for Christmas I am learning so much with it too. Simple things, but tools that are really going to help make my pages pop! Off to bed tonight and I'll be back tomorrow.
can't wait to see all the FUN digi pages you get done. I am going to have to watch some tutorials and READ to get the hang of it.... I did play tonight & got a page done
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #661  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. We did here down in the south. My DD got everything on her list to Santa, I got to talk to my DH for about 30 min and he sounded great! I got a TON of pics (hopefully some are good) and I hope everyone else did to! I can't wait to scrap some and I am going to start up again tomorrow since my brother is coming to town on the 4th and I need to get my december daily album done by then and clean up.....so for everyone who is trying to reach their goals.... the push is ON!
YAY! a happy DD and a nice conversation with DH! Good Christmas for you! You're right...the PUSH is on to meet our December and 2008 final scrappin' goals!

As a matter of fact, I'm scrappin' right now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #662  
Hardware Hotshot

[QUOTE=Lmn;12474592]YAY! a happy DD and a nice conversation with DH! Good Christmas for you! You're right...the PUSH is on to meet our December and 2008 final scrappin' goals!

[B]As a matter of fact, I'm scrappin' right now [/[/B]QUOTE]

I took the night off. I needed some time to relax and think about what I'm going to do next.

One annoying thing that happened today....my Mom gave me a memory card for my new Slice for Christmas and the stupid ppl at Hobby Lobby gave her the 'display only' case....so there is NO memory card in it. What is even more crazy is that it even fooled ME until I opened and then was like, "Where is the freakin Memory card?!?!" It was just a pretend printout. Ok, so I feel MEGA dumb!!! We are going tomorrow to get the replacement, but I hope they don't think we are trying to swindle them or something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #663  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!!

3 pages done today...I have a 4th laid out but probably won't complete tonight? :rolleyes: That leaves me 6 to go.....

Concert Band

Quiet Time (this for IFC20 challenge)

Last edited by Lmn; 12-25-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #664  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
3 pages done today...I have a 4th laid out but probably won't complete tonight? :rolleyes: That leaves me 6 to go.....

Concert Band
When you are done, can I have the rest of your MOJO?!?!?! hahaha ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #665  
Hardware Hotshot

hi everyone. happy holidays and all that jazz!!!!!!!!!!

thank you jodi and kirsten for my swaks! love them! so sweet of u to think of me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #666  
Hardware Hotshot

i read an article in one of my scrapping mags about PROJECT 365. you take one picture a day. journal on a tag too. make a dbl page layout using the 7 pics and 7 tags and voila! a single week out of the year. so in the end you have 52 dbl pg spreads.

im gonna do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #667  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking oh fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIDEofPEZView Post
i read an article in one of my scrapping mags about PROJECT 365. you take one picture a day. journal on a tag too. make a dbl page layout using the 7 pics and 7 tags and voila! a single week out of the year. so in the end you have 52 dbl pg spreads.

im gonna do it.
How AWESOME Tami! Sounds like lots of FUN! I was in a challenge last year for "Picture per day". I only did it for 3 months. Taking a pict per day sure challenges you to "pay attention" and really look around ya! It was fun! Hope you had a nice Holiday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:51 AM   #668  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

im gonna do it.
That is totally something I want to do. What magazine was it in? I'd like to find out more.

Jan 0/10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #669  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivanurseView Post
That is totally something I want to do. What magazine was it in? I'd like to find out more.

It's a popular project in the digi world - I've seen lots of digi supplies geared toward it.

I didn't have the discipline to do it. but I bought a few supplies to encourage me.

I've seen it referred to as Photo A Day, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 AM   #670  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

im gonna do it.
This is something very similar to what I've been doing this year. It has been fun. 7 quotes, 7 pictures, and then you pick the picture/quote combo you would like to scrap. You can do all 7 or just one or somewhere inbetween. I've had lots of fun with it and can't wait till we add it (or something similiar to it) to our challenges for the new year here (at least that's what I'm hoping for)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:16 AM   #671  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking January Challenge

Hey Gals!
Just in case you missed it, the January Challenge Thread is posted :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #672  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Tami - Great idea! Merry Christmas!

I'll be watching what you all do this year with your dailies. I plan to do this in 2010; it's the year I turn 40 :mrgreen: and I want to do something special to commemorate that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #673  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
Merry Christmas my "real" friends. Imaginary -- harrumph.... LOL
lol indeed! That's what my dh calls my Paper Dolls (and his online forum buddies too!) It always makes me laugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #674  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Now this is a fabulous idea! I don't really organize my scraps they just go in one of those 12x12 plastic cases you can get at Michael's. The only thing I have a tendency to seperate or keep seperate is my Christmas patterned paper or papers that are for a definite theme like something that screams "baby girl", "4th of July", etc. But, I do love this idea of using them on a card immediately afterward or even on a smaller altered item. Like my scrap-o-dex files.
Yes, I will definitely have to give this a try. :p

A special thanks to all of you who have left posts wishing me well with my health issues. I am still not up to par but, I am no stranger to this disease and the process. It still stinks though.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #675  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hi Tami - Great idea! Merry Christmas!

I'll be watching what you all do this year with your dailies. I plan to do this in 2010; it's the year I turn 40 :mrgreen: and I want to do something special to commemorate that.
That sounds like fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #676  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
Now this is a fabulous idea! I don't really organize my scraps they just go in one of those 12x12 plastic cases you can get at Michael's. The only thing I have a tendency to seperate or keep seperate is my Christmas patterned paper or papers that are for a definite theme like something that screams "baby girl", "4th of July", etc. But, I do love this idea of using them on a card immediately afterward or even on a smaller altered item. Like my scrap-o-dex files.
Yes, I will definitely have to give this a try. :p

A special thanks to all of you who have left posts wishing me well with my health issues. I am still not up to par but, I am no stranger to this disease and the process. It still stinks though.:(
Jenn, may hugs and sunshine come your way girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #677  
Hardware Hotshot

I got a lot of time today in the scrapbook room. I made 2 DPSs and a card from the Love You Much bundle (in my blog - or will be after I post here!).

Christmas Day 2008
sweet fun

Now heading over to the January thread!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #678  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YEAH!

Scrappin' Friday Nights....come and plan HERE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #679  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Here's my page for today's Sketch Challenge...

Soccer 1998
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #680  
Hardware Hotshot

I made one more DPS tonight during Friday Night Scrappin'. I'm not happy with it, but it's done.

Oh Christmas Tree

Reply With Quote Likes