Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #961  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget to check out the Hostess Favorites Pinterest Board....so many beautiful cards in there!

Take courage ladies....we're getting closer to the end of these fabulous challenges. Remember there will be a few days after the end of the challenges but before the upload deadline for the prize drawing so you'll have an opportunity to get those final cards made. We believe in you!
No matter if you get to make a card for every challenge or for only a few, the cards you do finish will surely make a difference to the patients and their families!
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have enjoyed all the challenges & loved trying new techniques,that salt one was fun ,thanks to al, the wonderful hostess for taking the time to host these challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

I am a bit confused and i think I did not catch anything. There are 3 challenges with the HYCCT1527 and the bonus HYCCT1527 ? 4 Challenge for yesterday ? Folks, you are driving me crazy **lol**

Last edited by germanstampler; 10-28-2015 at 04:55 AM..
Watercolor Wizard

Past years I remember them doing that on the 1st, 15th and 31st.... I only saw the one yesterday and thought I was caught up until I looked this morning....
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanstamplerView Post
I am a bit confused and i think I did not catch anything. There are 3 challenges with the HYCCT1527 and the bonus HYCCT1527 ? 4 Challenge for yesterday ? Folks, you are driving me crazy **lol**
You can do it, Imke!!

Your cards are awesome!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy card making everyone, off to babysit two of my grandchildren today. Will be a full day with a 1 yr. old and a 2 yr. old!!

Can't wait to see the wonder in the gallery later today!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 408 Likes on 354 Posts

Imke, you are not alone. I looked at my original Master Tracking sheet and there was a "Bonus" for 1527, but the other two???...out of nowhere. Maybe our numbers for cards are down at Anderson and they are trying to boost it up. : ) I'm into quality, not quantity...guess that's an outdated view.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbydujourView Post
Imke, you are not alone. I looked at my original Master Tracking sheet and there was a "Bonus" for 1527, but the other two???...out of nowhere. Maybe our numbers for cards are down at Anderson and they are trying to boost it up. : ) I'm into quality, not quantity...guess that's an outdated view.
Ummmm no - we are trying to provide a fun experience. We started adding bonus days (the Kids challenge was the first) here and there over the years as our willing awesome host team grew. We love it when new hosts volunteer and provide new and different inspiration for all the nice people who send cards.

We have five extra challenges this year and they are super fun. the last two bonus challenges are pretty inspiring too.

We got group OCD at 38 and had to make it an even 40 when we were planning this in August

Today's challenge is UP btw
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 408 Likes on 354 Posts

Thanks for the explanation, Lydia.

No problem - and remember - the purpose of this is to lift the spirits of people who are going through the hardest thing imaginable - whether you send 1 or you send 40 - you are doing something that makes a big difference.

I'm very grateful for the hard work these hosts put into inspiring you to do just that!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
We will have three on the 30th and three on the 31st
Just for your planning purposes in case you didn't catch this last night. And again, remember that you'll have that week to catch up any challenges that you haven't finished up by the end of the challenge month before the prize fun starts!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Lydia - Thanks for your Explanation. I was just confused because these challenges are not on the Master Tracking Sheet i�ve printed out at the beginning :-)

Ann- Of course I'll do it !! **lol** I was glad just to be behind with one card. And with today there are 4 now :shock:

But as Gail said, there is still time...... :-)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts

OK. This little competitive "I want to be a queen" streak in me might just have to go if my family wants to eat over the next two weeks! I am now behind 5 cards plus the seven that are still to come. I need to make another 4 cards for DT work by Friday, plus a couple for a Monday blog hop, plus three PDF tutorials and a couple more DT cards by the end of next week. OH, and I should start working on my Dirty Dozen cards for November, too! LOL... That's what? 26 cards in the next two weeks?? :shock: Clean and simple, here I come!!

But isn't it FUN????????? :mrgreen:
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,909 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Need to upload some cards but I am still behind...I'm thankful for the extra week as my month came with an unexpected 2-week hideaway...but now it is full speed ahead...

I'm 23 above 0 so over halfway finished...I've made 43 cards this month but only 23 are for HYCCT...
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbydujourView Post
Sallie, I know you haven't been following this thread fully, but there have been hints of multiple challenges coming up. At the beginning there was talk of 39, but that number creeped out many so Lydia changed it to 40. I don't remember there being even 39 last year, seems the number was more like 35 or 36. Your view on quality verses quantity is straight up my alley! I totally agree 100% with you on that subject! So maybe I'm "outdated" too! ; ) Stampin' Hugs~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramommaView Post
Need to upload some cards but I am still behind...I'm thankful for the extra week as my month came with an unexpected 2-week hideaway...but now it is full speed ahead...

I'm 23 above 0 so over halfway finished...I've made 43 cards this month but only 23 are for HYCCT...
You're ahead of me! With the card I just made seconds ago I'm up to 18/40. And now we have colds. Or allergies. Or colds from allergies. Stupid Houston air. But I'm having fun and making cards and using new stuff and old stuff and trying things!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
We got group OCD at 38 and had to make it an even 40 when we were planning this in August
I confess to advocating for an even 40 earlier. Eh! Be careful what you ask for! Trying to keep up with daily challenges, mod, faves and real life as well as hycct... an invitation to burn out and/or breakdown, as evidenced with yesterday's tantrum.

I'm focusing on fun again, and filling a box for the folks at Anderson. Not every card has to be a masterpiece, and we're all in this together.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You Go Brenda! Yes, we are having fun in this journey together! Not every card has to perfect, it will certainly be appreciated because of the thoughtfulness behind the card! Sounds like you are feeling better today. ; ) Sending Big Hugs all the way across the country to Oregon!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 977 Likes on 626 Posts

Yes, I was all caught up until yesterday. Hopefully can get caught up on Friday. Too many in one day.
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduckView Post
Not every card has to be a masterpiece, and we're all in this together.
That masterpiece challenge is a true challenge for me...I'm really not into "art" and have no concept sometimes why people leave me raving comments on my cards...

BUT...the one person in my little town that knows I am the "anonymous" card maker for our little hospital says people rave about my cards...so...I keep making them in my style...and that makes me content in life! ;)

Now time for running errands in the metro with my daughter who wants to eat lunch at Chick-fil-A (I will pass as there are other options for a cheaper price if I'm hungry!)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 661 Likes on 415 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramommaView Post
That masterpiece challenge is a true challenge for me...I'm really not into "art" and have no concept sometimes why people leave me raving comments on my cards...

BUT...the one person in my little town that knows I am the "anonymous" card maker for our little hospital says people rave about my cards...so...I keep making them in my style...and that makes me content in life! ;)

Now time for running errands in the metro with my daughter who wants to eat lunch at Chick-fil-A (I will pass as there are other options for a cheaper price if I'm hungry!)

well, what if you found something that maybe just the colors or the subject appeal to you on a level of something you would already make. ( and maybe keep it CAS? ) I think I tend to make less layers during hycct than any other time of the year because, some challenges I just have to take them straight at what they asked for. the rainbow one this morning was that way. did the first thing I thought of and crossed it off my spreadsheet. is it the best card? no, but it is done and someone will be pleased with it even if its not something I think of as a "me" card ( bright primary colors all together :shock: )

My Blog
Stazon Splitcoast

True story-I had a friend visiting earlier this month and she was looking through the box of HYCCT cards I had made and when she came to the card I made for the superhero challenge she said hesitantly, "This one's not really your style is it?" NOPE....definitely not! But again, maybe it will be just the thing for someone else (like my Spock card)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
True story-I had a friend visiting earlier this month and she was looking through the box of HYCCT cards I had made and when she came to the card I made for the superhero challenge she said hesitantly, "This one's not really your style is it?" NOPE....definitely not! But again, maybe it will be just the thing for someone else (like my Spock card)!
Your Spock card is one of the highlights for me this year - I squealed when I saw it!

I love being stretched like that - sometimes we surprise ourselves!
Stazon Splitcoast

I do love being stretched! Whenever I get stumped by something I remember why we call them challenges. ;)
Some of them are right up our normal alley and others take us down new roads to new adventures. I often end up finding myself going back again and again to something I just learned (like Angie's WFD or something that really inspired me in a new way like Dina's yet to be aired final challenge) and I think that's part of the journey that is way cool!
I really couldn't resist on the Spock card and though it is not my normal style I ended up really liking it. I especially liked linking the charms and will definitely use that one again!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLeeView Post
Meanwhile the bank of Mom and Dad is depleting! lol
Saw this article on my fb wall and couldn't resist linking it here. Not trying to give advice or anything just found it interesting to see the terminology showing up in The Times!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I do love being stretched! Whenever I get stumped by something I remember why we call them challenges. ;)
Some of them are right up our normal alley and others take us down new roads to new adventures. I often end up finding myself going back again and again to something I just learned (like Angie's WFD or something that really inspired me in a new way like Dina's yet to be aired final challenge) and I think that's part of the journey that is way cool!
I really couldn't resist on the Spock card and though it is not my normal style I ended up really liking it. I especially liked linking the charms and will definitely use that one again!
I am with you...I found some challenges right up my alley and very much me and some that I scratched my head saying..."what am I going to do". I even enlisted my DH on one card and said what would you do. He likes giving me inspiration on challenges.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

And witch challenge was that? I just wanted to DH ideals for some inspiration me for later. Lol

:grin:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoe GirlView Post
I am with you...I found some challenges right up my alley and very much me and some that I scratched my head saying..."what am I going to do". I even enlisted my DH on one card and said what would you do. He likes giving me inspiration on challenges.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
And witch challenge was that? I just wanted to DH ideals for some inspiration me for later. Lol

:grin:
He helped me on the mosaic tile challenge. I even gave him credit on the card. And I gave my mom credit on the Kids challenge card.
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

well, that is weird, I just left a message here but can't find it anywhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to check my gallery to see if I missed commenting on any cards...I keep having cards "appear" in the middle of other cards that I already commented on, so now I'm afraid I might miss one!!!
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just when I was patting myself on the back for being all caught up . . .
There are three extra challenges for yesterday!

I'm not going to be able to do the KIDS challenge--because I don't think I'll be able to convince my 28-year-old or 36-year-old "kids" to take part. I'd offer to borrow someone else's kid, but I'm afraid they might actually take me up on it.
Matboard Maniac

For those who put in a guess on the painting of my card you are correct. my hubby couldn't get it though he was totally lost. Must be his literal thinking. *grin* glad you liked it. And glad it was a close enough representation to it.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Only three more days.....but Seven more challenges! I can see my weekend being shot! Blah

― Lou Holtz
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

I've nothing planned for Friday or Saturday, except mod and gym. I think I'm ready for unique challenges... And I'm caught up. Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperrobinView Post
well, that is weird, I just left a message here but can't find it anywhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to check my gallery to see if I missed commenting on any cards...I keep having cards "appear" in the middle of other cards that I already commented on, so now I'm afraid I might miss one!!!
I have instructions in the hostess area for how to sort the gallery so you don't miss any

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduckView Post
I've nothing planned for Friday or Saturday, except mod and gym. I think I'm ready for unique challenges... And I'm caught up. Yay!
I'm teaching Saturday - but what are the odds the three cards we do are challenge cards?
Watercolor Wizard

I'll need to check but I'm pretty darn sure I'm caught up. I'll stay caught up tomorrow and Friday (my days off) but get behind this weekend because of work. Time to make the Word File so I'm ready to transfer it over to the Queens thread when Lydia posts it. No way will I not complete all of the challenges.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I'm not going to be able to do the KIDS challenge--because I don't think I'll be able to convince my 28-year-old or 36-year-old "kids" to take part. I'd offer to borrow someone else's kid, but I'm afraid they might actually take me up on it.
There are a lot of alternate suggestions on the challenge thread so you can still take part. We're always more interested in the spirit of the challenges than the letter, and the more cards for MD Anderson the better!
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's what we ate for supper tonight. I'll put the pizza dough recipe in the recipe box and the basics for how I put them together.

Pancetta Potato Pizza with Cheddar and Mediterranean Pizza which is a Spinach Artichoke with Feta.
I'm sitting here resisting going back for another piece. Time to run down and make a card or two. Visiting my Dad tomorrow after dropping DH at the airport and he asked for a card to send his sister for her 80th bday. It sort of breaks my heart to be making cards for him as my mom was always the one who sent the cards, but it is so good to know that he's keeping up the contact with family.
Proud Fan Club Member

Am at 26 above 0 now...made a couple extra for the local hospital also...tomorrow is another day to get closer to 40...
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Just when I was patting myself on the back for being all caught up . . .
There are three extra challenges for yesterday!

Melissa,
Gail is right, try a different approach to the challenge! You are so talented I know you can come up with something!! Why not do a technique or a image that you totally love for this card or something that your children love about you!