Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #681  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have enjoyed every challenge ,my basket of cards is looking so lovely with loads of colours,bling & glitter . Thanks to all our wonderful hostess for hosting the challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
its duck hunting season here so, the lights were turned on at ohdarkthirty and I have been up for an hour already. ( sun is not up on this coast yet)
And to think, I was considering a move to Oregon to get away from gunshots! LOL
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Ann, you're such a tease!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduckView Post
Ann, you're such a tease!
So, do you want to know that out of all of the challenges so far... tomorrow's was the most challenging for me???? ;) :razz:
Proud Fan Club Member

I always get a smile when I catch up on the chatter. I was going to add a cautionary note. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer 15 years ago it was almost missed. I had had a clear mamogram 10 months prior to finding a huge lump under my right arm. Since it was such a short time since the mamogram, had no family history, and I was only 42, the doctor felt it had to be a cyst. Luckily I had good insurance and I am a worrier, so I had a biopsy. Not only was it malignant, but there were 2 rather large tumors. I don't have any bald photos, but the first thing I did was to take a mirror to look at the back of my head...I never knew that I had a huge "port wine" birthmark.
Can't wait for tomorrow's challenge.
Watercolor Wizard

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Participated in HYCCT last year for the first time and had a blast! I was so happy that I was able to complete ALL of the challenges and sent a couple of big packages of cards to MD Anderson. This October started off with me either out of town, or working back to back to back twelve hour shifts, so I thought I would not be able to join in this year. How would I be able to get all the challenges completed? But this morning, I decided that it's better late than never, and even if I only get three cards done, it's better than none! So, I'm coming late to the party, but I'm here!! Off to the craft room for me!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go Patti go! Glad you're back with us however many you are able to complete.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaPattiView Post
Participated in HYCCT last year for the first time and had a blast! I was so happy that I was able to complete ALL of the challenges and sent a couple of big packages of cards to MD Anderson. This October started off with me either out of town, or working back to back to back twelve hour shifts, so I thought I would not be able to join in this year. How would I be able to get all the challenges completed? But this morning, I decided that it's better late than never, and even if I only get three cards done, it's better than none! So, I'm coming late to the party, but I'm here!! Off to the craft room for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScraperwannabeView Post
So, do you want to know that out of all of the challenges so far... tomorrow's was the most challenging for me???? ;) :razz:
I had to go look! Yes - it's a challenge!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Today's challenge is fun! My card's in progress, and I think it's turning out curiously intriguing...
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

I'm so impressed with all you morning stampers! I've been up two hours and still don't feel awake enough to make things!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslairdView Post
I'm so impressed with all you morning stampers! I've been up two hours and still don't feel awake enough to make things!

Me too - I have to adjust to the world for a while
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 872 Likes on 605 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaPattiView Post
Join in Patti, we would love to see you do some challenges and even if you do some of the earlier ones and load them later in the month, we would still love to see what stunning cards you will make. So happy to have you join in on the fun.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslairdView Post
I use to be a morning stamper and try to get a card in before work but then my DH booked a cruise for February and I did not think I should put myself in a bathing suit without a warning label. Thankfully my company had a big push for a walk over 25 days so that really got me started and now I keep pushing myself to workout in the mornings before work. So if I am lucky I can maybe get one card in the evenings before I go to bed. Most of my crafting is done on Sundays now. I did make a new card last night because I was not pleased with one of the cards I did for the challenge. I need to get it photographed and uploaded. Now I will just have a couple for that challenge. Last year I did not like the results of one of the challenges and did a second one. I am also sending my stash of cards that I have been stacking up this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoe GirlView Post
I use to be a morning stamper and try to get a card in before work but then my DH booked a cruise for February and I did not think I should put myself in a bathing suit without a warning label. Thankfully my company had a big push for a walk over 25 days so that really got me started and now I keep pushing myself to workout in the mornings before work. So if I am lucky I can maybe get one card in the evenings before I go to bed. Most of my crafting is done on Sundays now. I did make a new card last night because I was not pleased with one of the cards I did for the challenge. I need to get it photographed and uploaded. Now I will just have a couple for that challenge. Last year I did not like the results of one of the challenges and did a second one. I am also sending my stash of cards that I have been stacking up this year.
With my first two kids, I would stay up and make cards at night. By number 3, though, I just don't have the energy most nights. And with number 4 on the way, well, let's just say I'm pretty behind on the challenges, lol! I'm hoping for a free Sunday to catch up!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Stazon Splitcoast

I am NOT a morning person so early morning stamping is out for me unless you count stamping INTO the wee hours when I lose track of time when I'm stamping at night. I often stamp during "first period" of our homeschool day when DD is doing her math. I bought a video curriculum as I'm not a math person either! I did get a card made today but am off to a dr appointment with DS. Made an extra to send to my aunt as another of my Mom's siblings passed away last night. That is now three of the five who remained from The Big seven as we called them have died in the past 6 weeks. So hard to see thisdear family go through so mch so fast
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I am NOT a morning person so early morning stamping is out for me unless you count stamping INTO the wee hours when I lose track of time when I'm stamping at night. I often stamp during "first period" of our home school day when DD is doing her math. I bought a video curriculum as I'm not a math person either! I did get a card made today but am off to a dr appointment with DS. Made an extra to send to my aunt as another of my Mom's siblings passed away last night. That is now three of the five who remained from The Big seven as we called them have died in the past 6 weeks. So hard to see this dear family go through so much so fast
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear of another loss in your family. Will say a prayer for your family.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

I am NOT a morning person so early morning stamping is out for me unless you count stamping INTO the wee hours when I lose track of time when I'm stamping at night. I often stamp during "first period" of our homeschool day when DD is doing her math. I bought a video curriculum as I'm not a math person either! I did get a card made today but am off to a dr appointment with DS. Made an extra to send to my aunt as another of my Mom's siblings passed away last night. That is now three of the five who remained from The Big seven as we called them have died in the past 6 weeks. So hard to see thisdear family go through so mch so fast
(((HUGS)))

Quote:

Oh Gail. I'm so sorry. Praying for you all.
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the prayers. Don't know where we'd be without our faith.

Last edited by mamaxsix; 10-15-2015 at 07:35 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScraperwannabeView Post
Why was it so challenging? You are a terrific card maker!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduckView Post
Today's challenge is fun! My card's in progress, and I think it's turning out curiously intriguing...
I can't help myself. Here 'tis: HYCCT1515 thinking of you

That flower is SO freaky! From a beach umbrella stamp, no less.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Gail,
Your faith is strong and will bet you through this bad time but this has been so much for your family!

Hugs and prayers to you and your family!!

We're here for you if you need us!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Why was it so challenging? You are a terrific card maker!!
Awww, thank you Ann! I'm not sure why it was so challenging... maybe it was because I was on the road & trying to use what I had with me or the fact that there is no coloring on my card! ;)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

{{{{Gail}}}}
Stazon Splitcoast

When I first graduated from college I worked 2nd shift as an RN 3-11pm. I got home around midnight, watched a little TV (no cable then so knew it was time to go to bed when the national anthem played ;)) and then slept until 10 or so the next morning. DH was working rotating shifts so we each kept our own schedules and saw each other when we could! That was ideal for us then, but as soon as he switched to 1st shift I had to give up 2nds because we never saw each other then!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

A very loving and caring challenge tomorrow, ladies!! Stay tuned!!
Pearl-ExPert

Gail ,I am so sorry,to hear of another loss to your family. Hugsssss
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I am finally caught up with all of the challenges. So maybe this weekend I can browse the galleries and leave some love. My birthday is Saturday, so I have to make some time to party with my family...............but after that I am in my stamping sanctuary!!!!
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Stazon Splitcoast

My daughter is trying to plan my weekend for me....a re-enactment in a nearby town. It is also DS's 15th birthday and I suppose I'll need to do something for that maybe ;) People before paper, People before paper.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Just popping in quick with baby news...baby Asher was born Wednesday at 4:20 pm!!

Here's a copy/paste from my Flybaby post in that thread,

Morning ladies!! Whew! yes! Baby Asher is here! What a journey!! I came off that wonderful birthing high and felt like a truck ran me over most of yesterday LOL, so I didn't get time to check in over here too! Had a good chunk of sleep finally in the wee hours of this morning, so very thankful for that. I get to go home this morning!! My plan is to sleep as much as I can this weekend with everyone home today through Sunday. Then we'll take it a day at a time and see how it goes. DH said he can take 1/2 days or go in late or come home early as needed. Asher is a very content baby thus far!!

Thanks for your thoughts and care our way! It didn't feel like a fast labor, but looking back it was! Induction started at 8:30 Wed. but things didn't really get into high gear until after 1 or so and he was born at 4:20 after 10 min of pushing! 2 awesome middle-age nurses and DH an Dr. A great team!

Visit (and stamp....) again as I can!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-16-2015, 03:47 AM   #712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

On my food tray here,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-16-2015, 04:03 AM   #713  

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstampView Post
Just popping in quick with baby news...baby Asher was born Wednesday at 4:20 pm!!

Here's a copy/paste from my Flybaby post in that thread,

Morning ladies!! Whew! yes! Baby Asher is here! What a journey!! I came off that wonderful birthing high and felt like a truck ran me over most of yesterday LOL, so I didn't get time to check in over here too! Had a good chunk of sleep finally in the wee hours of this morning, so very thankful for that. I get to go home this morning!! My plan is to sleep as much as I can this weekend with everyone home today through Sunday. Then we'll take it a day at a time and see how it goes. DH said he can take 1/2 days or go in late or come home early as needed. Asher is a very content baby thus far!!

Thanks for your thoughts and care our way! It didn't feel like a fast labor, but looking back it was! Induction started at 8:30 Wed. but things didn't really get into high gear until after 1 or so and he was born at 4:20 after 10 min of pushing! 2 awesome middle-age nurses and DH an Dr. A great team!

Visit (and stamp....) again as I can!
He's so sweet!!!! You're getting me very excited for January!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

Gail, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family in yet another time of sorrow.

Mary, Happy Early Birthday to you tomorrow! I wish you the best day ever~

Luvstostamp (I don't know your name) that is one sweet little baby boy! So happy all went well and you got lots of rest. He seems so content. Congratulations to you and your family!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Asher! Welcome!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstampView Post
I was just noticing that we hadn't seen you around lately and I said a little prayer that you and baby were doing well. He's BEAUTIFUL and looks like his mom! Glad you had a safe and relatively quick delivery.

I'm seeing some new names in the gallery this morning. Welcome to the fun ladies. We're happy to have you playing along!
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations,glad everything is ok
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Wow!!!! Rebekah, Asher is beautiful!!!!

Paula is your baby due the beginning or end of January? Seth was born on his due date the 27th.

My MIL said, "of course my perfectionist DIL would have her first child on the due date!"
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

luvtostampstampstamp - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a sweet little guy!

Is anyone as excited about today's challenge as I am? I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this one to go live.
Pearl-ExPert

Lisa,it is live & I love it great first hostess challenge of HYCCT