Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #2721  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amanda, I would really push to have that transformer replaced. That is definiitely a safety issue, and I'm sure Ft Meade doesn't want a law suit if someone or something is hit by electricity. Keep climbing the chain of command until you get someone to do something. That is too dangerous.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #2722  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rose, you'll just have to spoil Toby a bit more when he's wearing that cone. Make him feel good and all. We should take up a cookie collection for him to enjoy while he's recovering.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #2723  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Rose, you'll just have to spoil Toby a bit more when he's wearing that cone. Make him feel good and all. We should take up a cookie collection for him to enjoy while he's recovering.
It doesn't have to be a cone of shame....it can be a cookie funnel! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #2724  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Amanda, I would really push to have that transformer replaced. That is definiitely a safety issue, and I'm sure Ft Meade doesn't want a law suit if someone or something is hit by electricity. Keep climbing the chain of command until you get someone to do something. That is too dangerous.
I guess I just never realized how much power these things pack. They don't have any warning stickers or any type of fence or cones around them. Just big ugly boxes sitting there. We are fighting housing as we speak on getting us moved. Or we are moving off post. They have broken our contract several time by not doing repairs needed on our house... Keith is going to his command today. Housing was at the house yesterday to "fix" the floors again (re-glue the patches on the floor VS replacing the linoleum) they are already curled up again today. We have two holes in the master bathroom tub...just lots of little crap like that.... I'm DONE!

On a lighter note. If we don't have a game....and it's going to be a shorter day...Count me in! As long as I'm not driving. lol I'm not bringing my luck to the party!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #2725  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I guess I just never realized how much power these things pack. They don't have any warning stickers or any type of fence or cones around them. Just big ugly boxes sitting there. We are fighting housing as we speak on getting us moved. Or we are moving off post. They have broken our contract several time by not doing repairs needed on our house... Keith is going to his command today. Housing was at the house yesterday to "fix" the floors again (re-glue the patches on the floor VS replacing the linoleum) they are already curled up again today. We have two holes in the master bathroom tub...just lots of little crap like that.... I'm DONE!

On a lighter note. If we don't have a game....and it's going to be a shorter day...Count me in! As long as I'm not driving. lol I'm not bringing my luck to the party!
Just think if a kid was playing on that thing when it blew!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #2726  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Mini quilt

Look what I got in the mail with a beautiful card from Tracy (Tripp). Its a little quilt to hang that she made. Im going to hang it somewhere in the living rm so everyone can see it. It's so nice.
Attached Thumbnails
MD* Maryland Anyone........? VI-breast-cancer-little-quilt-001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #2727  
Rubber Obsessor

Caterina, please feel better.

Amanda, so sorry about all the troubles. I hope Evan is doing OK.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the "shop hop" all about?

The dogs made it through their beautifications without incident. (Did I already report on this? - Of all the things I have lost in life, I miss my mind the most.) Once let out of the grooming area, they made a beeline for the door. My daughter was holding all 3 leashes and went along for the ride! Another spectacle at Pet Smart!

BTW, my Gizmo Chloe and Teddy send best regards to Toby. They have each worn the cone at one time or another and sympathize completely. They would probably agree to the "Cone of cookies" without a moment's hesitation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #2728  
Mad Swapper

WOW! Some of you had quite a weekend.

Amanda I hope this week will be better for you.

Mary, congrats to Brian. That's great for being a new runner.

Jane, nice cards. Love that Santa stamp. I've tried to find it but I don't think they make it anymore. Maybe I'll check ebay.

Cindy Gloria & Teresa, sounds like the shop hop was a big success.

Rose, Sadie & I are sending doggie kisses & get well wishes to Toby.

We're leaving for the OC Thursday. It's my mom's 90th birthday! We're having a family party for her on Saturday so I'm trying to make sure everything is ready. It should be fun. I know my mom's looking forward to having her children, grandchildren & great grandchildren together.

Have a good week everyone.

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #2729  
Mad Swapper

Oh I forgot to tell you that the sleepover this weekend with my granddaughters was a big success. Everything went fine with Aislinn. We went out for an ice cream treat Saturday evening & out to breakfast Sunday morning & I figured her carbs & helped her with her pump without any problems. Of course we crafted! Sadie even joined in...when I went to let her out I noticed something on her fur on her butt...it was a rhinestone! Guess she just wanted a little BLING!

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we've made along the way - unknown

SCS Gallery

Check out my blog!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #2730  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Just think if a kid was playing on that thing when it blew!!!
Yep we had about 6-8 kids playing in that area around dinner time the night before. Thank the Lord it happened when it did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #2731  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by susane4View Post
Caterina, please feel better.

Amanda, so sorry about all the troubles. I hope Evan is doing OK.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the "shop hop" all about?

The dogs made it through their beautifications without incident. (Did I already report on this? - Of all the things I have lost in life, I miss my mind the most.) Once let out of the grooming area, they made a beeline for the door. My daughter was holding all 3 leashes and went along for the ride! Another spectacle at Pet Smart!

BTW, my Gizmo Chloe and Teddy send best regards to Toby. They have each worn the cone at one time or another and sympathize completely. They would probably agree to the "Cone of cookies" without a moment's hesitation.
I need to find a good groomer for Belle. I can't keep up with her hair! I've been finding lots of tangles lately. Are your dogs long or short hair? I've seen some bad reviews for the two pet smarts close to the fort here. I'm a little afraid of them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #2732  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaulaView Post
Oh I forgot to tell you that the sleepover this weekend with my granddaughters was a big success. Everything went fine with Aislinn. We went out for an ice cream treat Saturday evening & out to breakfast Sunday morning & I figured her carbs & helped her with her pump without any problems. Of course we crafted! Sadie even joined in...when I went to let her out I noticed something on her fur on her butt...it was a rhinestone! Guess she just wanted a little BLING!
Sounds like a good time was had by all! Every girl needs a little bling. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #2733  
Forum Fanatic

Received 164 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

We can make the day as long or as short as you all want it. Do a couple of stores, bake stand, eat and home is fine with me. I just enjoy getting away with the girls.

I might not be able to drive my SUV - it's having issues and goes in this Friday for a diagnosis. If something serious, we'll be car shopping. I do have the Cavalier, but it's only gonna fit 4 of us and is low to the ground. So just giving you all a heads up that someone might need to drive....
Cindy, I am more than happy to drive so no need to worry about transportation. I can fit 5 in my Jeep.

And I'm all for it being a shorter day too. Like Cindy said, just a couple of stores, bake stand and eat is fine with me. The really long days tire me out too and since we are stamping the next day a shorter trip would be better. Does that help change your mind Jane and anyone else that might have been a little hesitant?

Last edited by Kathi127; 10-18-2011 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #2734  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

That's really a darn shame that the military can't provide decent, safe housing for our service members and their families. The government can sure spend money on frivilous stuff but can't take care of the people who are keeping all of us safe! Just so disheartening. I hope you get some answers. I would definitely be screaming about that electric box until they do something about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #2735  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

WOW! Some of you had quite a weekend.

Amanda I hope this week will be better for you.

Mary, congrats to Brian. That's great for being a new runner.

Jane, nice cards. Love that Santa stamp. I've tried to find it but I don't think they make it anymore. Maybe I'll check ebay.

Cindy Gloria & Teresa, sounds like the shop hop was a big success.

Rose, Sadie & I are sending doggie kisses & get well wishes to Toby.

We're leaving for the OC Thursday. It's my mom's 90th birthday! We're having a family party for her on Saturday so I'm trying to make sure everything is ready. It should be fun. I know my mom's looking forward to having her children, grandchildren & great grandchildren together.
Have a good week everyone.
Have a great time at the beach and a very Happy Birthday to your Mom! Congratulations to her on reaching 90, what a milestone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #2736  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

So glad everything went well, sounds like you all had a fun time! That is so cute about Sadie and the bling! Can't wait to see her in a few weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #2737  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Yep we had about 6-8 kids playing in that area around dinner time the night before. Thank the Lord it happened when it did.
That would have been disastrous if it happened with the kids around, I'm sure someone could have been seriously hurt. Makes me ill to think of what could have happened.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #2738  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I need to find a good groomer for Belle. I can't keep up with her hair! I've been finding lots of tangles lately. Are your dogs long or short hair? I've seen some bad reviews for the two pet smarts close to the fort here. I'm a little afraid of them....
Check out It's a Dog's World in Glen Burnie - 410-760-3666. They are very reasonable and I've always been pleased with them. It's just a small, family owned and run grooming salon and they've been there for years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #2739  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose0165View Post
Look what I got in the mail with a beautiful card from Tracy (Tripp). Its a little quilt to hang that she made. Im going to hang it somewhere in the living rm so everyone can see it. It's so nice.
That is adorable!!! Tracy is multi-talented just like Gloria! I love those little pink ribbons under the buttons!!! Lucky you, Rose!! Yes, it deserves a special place to be seen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #2740  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Check out It's a Dog's World in Glen Burnie - 410-760-3666. They are very reasonable and I've always been pleased with them. It's just a small, family owned and run grooming salon and they've been there for years.
Will do! Thanks for the tip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #2741  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It doesn't have to be a cone of shame....it can be a cookie funnel! lol
Love this.

Did you call Housing to let them know what is going on?

Call the base commander, he will get the ball rolling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #2742  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

So cute. She did a great job.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #2743  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Heart

Rose, that is lovely and very clever use of ribbon! Talented Tracy. Hope she is doing well. Mary, how are the legs/back? Amanda, what is happening with the car and does their insurance cover it? Have a good evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #2744  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
Cindy, I am more than happy to drive so no need to worry about transportation. I can fit 5 in my Jeep.

And I'm all for it being a shorter day too. Like Cindy said, just a couple of stores, bake stand and eat is fine with me. The really long days tire me out too and since we are stamping the next day a shorter trip would be better. Does that help change your mind Jane and anyone else that might have been a little hesitant?
I want to come and I can drive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #2745  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Rose, that is lovely and very clever use of ribbon! Talented Tracy. Hope she is doing well. Mary, how are the legs/back? Amanda, what is happening with the car and does their insurance cover it? Have a good evening.
Yep it was a GOV and he was at fault....it's just going to take time. Like anything with the government. We have a great Inc company USAA...they will get'em!

The body shop called today and they had a cancelation. So they called to let me know that my car is in the shop and being disassembled so should have more news tomorrow. I like them...they call with updates everyday. Kinda nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #2746  
Gabfest Goddess

Evan update...

It's just bronchitis (sp?) his new Doc is great. A total nerd had a pocket protecter and all...but that's a good thing when it comes to a Doc. I was very happy with Johns Hopkins care today. So glad we made the switch.

House update...
Both the housing manager and her boss came to my house today. They looked at the issues and decided that YES we need new floors and a host of other jobs. They are now trying to decide to move us, or try and do the repair with us here. They've never replaced floors in an occupied unit before. So this should be fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #2747  
Pearl-ExPert

Didn't know you switched to Hopkins. I have always been happy with the care I recieved from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #2748  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all.
Thanks for all the good wishes for Toby. Amanda I LOVE the funnel (cone) of cookies. Bad news is that the vet wants him to lose weight! uh oh...
Paula, I can see Sadie with her "bling". Cracked me up. Bet she was feeling HOT! Hope your Mom has a wonderful 90th birthday.
Amanda, so glad Evan will be ok. Hope he feels better soon.
Had a nice evening at the girls' soccer game. Before the game, they had a little ceremony for the seniors and their families were out there w/them and the girls had each written something about memories of soccer, etc. They didnt win the game, in fact they got crushed. My sweet little Heather (sophomore) got put out of the game for a couple plays cause she said something to the ref about catching the other teams fouls. A big no-no. Then it seemed like he had it in for them (of course). Then Michelle and I went to dinner at Long Horn. Very good steak. Dont remember the last steak I had. it really hit the spot.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #2749  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long tiring day but DD is all moved to her new apartment in Crystal City. The remainder of the unpacking and settling in is up to her. I'm wiped......LOL. Still no time to play with all my new goodies....

Hugs to all. Get well wishes to Toby, appropriate vibes to base commanders/gov drivers/school nurses......

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 AM   #2750  
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Theresa, that had to be a chore as Crystal City always seems so congested. Glad she is close though and I know you will appreciate it. Is your phone talking to your car now? Amanda, I hope they move you while constuction is being done or not if that if your preference. I hope they consider your desires in the equation as you have been through a lot this past year and winter is coming up quickly. You don't want another one like last winter. No cone of cookies for Toby. Weight is hard on the knees, slim him down and walk, walk walk! Gloria, thanks for sharing the hot man......fun to look at for sure. I see the family resemblance. Everyone else? Stamp something.....post some cards for me here. I need some encouragement. It is Hump Day and rainy and windy and nasty and everyone needs a little lift today so stamp and have some fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 04:34 AM   #2751  
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Birthday Jen! Hope your day is special.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 04:38 AM   #2752  
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning all! Hope everyone is staying inside and dry today. Think I may do some stamping today. Or a nap...haven't decided yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 04:40 AM   #2753  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hi all.
Thanks for all the good wishes for Toby. Amanda I LOVE the funnel (cone) of cookies. Bad news is that the vet wants him to lose weight! uh oh...
Paula, I can see Sadie with her "bling". Cracked me up. Bet she was feeling HOT! Hope your Mom has a wonderful 90th birthday.
Amanda, so glad Evan will be ok. Hope he feels better soon.
Had a nice evening at the girls' soccer game. Before the game, they had a little ceremony for the seniors and their families were out there w/them and the girls had each written something about memories of soccer, etc. They didnt win the game, in fact they got crushed. My sweet little Heather (sophomore) got put out of the game for a couple plays cause she said something to the ref about catching the other teams fouls. A big no-no. Then it seemed like he had it in for them (of course). Then Michelle and I went to dinner at Long Horn. Very good steak. Dont remember the last steak I had. it really hit the spot.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Don't you just hate one-sided Ref's! Heather sounds like my kinda Gal! Go get'em girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #2754  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday Jen. Rose, your GD takes after you! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 AM   #2755  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!

Have a great b-day Jen!

Amanda, glad someone came out to look at the house. Now to get the ball rolling on either moving or repairs. Did they say anything about the transformer??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #2756  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amish trip update -

So far going/maybe:
Me
Sara
Kathi
Angie
Gloria
Jane - maybe
Amanda - maybe

Here's what I'm thinking - meet at 8:00 at our usual spot. Most likely need 2 cars (Kathi & Gloria have offered to drive if I don't have my truck). Hit 3 stamp stores (From the Heart for her open house, the one where the shop is in the basement where the cute puppy was earlier this year, and then one other one you all can decide on), Amish bakestand if they are open depending on weather, and fritter place. Then home.

What do you all think??? We could even add in Country Cottage Creations since Esther is close to Rachel, and I'd really love to see her baby if she's had it by then. She should or she'll be over a week late I think.

So give me your feedback. It's not my trip - it's our trip. I'm just your lovely Amish tour guide. But I'm leaving my bonnet at home. ROFL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #2757  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rose, what a pretty quilt from Tracy. She is really loving her sewing machine.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #2758  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, birthday wishes to your mom. It's great that you all can get together to celebrate her 90th. Love the family pics you posted on FB too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #2759  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good morning all! Hope everyone is staying inside and dry today. Think I may do some stamping today. Or a nap...haven't decided yet!
I vote for both!! I'm sure you can fit them in. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #2760  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,562 Likes on 1,525 Posts
Smile

Good morning --

Cindy, the Amish trip sounds wonderful and wish I could come. It has been a few years since we have been there. Hope you have a super time!

Happy Birthday, Jen
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes